The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Martin's Caterers is a Baltimore-based special events facility management and catering company that operates numerous high-end event facilities throughout the state of Maryland, including two in Baltimore. With a focus on elegance and ease, Martin's Caterers offers brides and grooms a stress-free experience with plenty of support from experienced in-house staff both before and during your wedding event.

You can choose to have your ceremony and reception or your reception alone at a Martin's Caterers facility. Both options come with many great perks in addition to providing guests with a glamorously appointed facility to enjoy your special day. With numerous picturesque settings for your wedding photos and plenty of room for guests to mingle and get comfortable, Martin's Caterers provides couples with a seamless experience on their wedding day.

Martin's Caterers operates these two Baltimore locations:

Martin's East. This is an opulent estate-styled building with a 1,000-person capacity Grand Ballroom and multiple smaller spaces for more intimate groups. The ballrooms at Martin's East are opulently appointed with mirrors and glowing chandeliers and the space is ideal for either traditional or contemporary-styled weddings.

Martin's West. This is a large facility with room for as many as 2,000 guests. Equipped with multiple indoor ballrooms and an outdoor space that includes two picturesque gazebos and a padded area for a tent, Martin's West is a polished and luxurious location for your wedding. This Martin's Caterers location features an opulent multi-story lobby with a breathtaking, massive chandelier, making the ideal location for exquisite wedding portraits.

Your reception dinner at Martin's East or Martin's West will be provided by Martin's Caterers. Couples work with the venue's staff to develop a menu that works for your cultural preferences and dietary needs. The food and beverage program is highly customizable and you can opt for a plated dinner, buffet dinner or cocktail party style for your reception. If you wish to serve alcohol at your event, you can choose from an open bar, limited bar or non-alcoholic soda bar. Each of these options includes some frozen drinks, providing you and your guests with a variety of options.

Martin's Caterers is equipped to provide reception meals for weddings with a specific cultural focus. Food options such as Indian and Korean buffets or meals focused on the cuisine of countries such as Nigeria and Russia allow brides and grooms to have the exact kind of wedding experience for their families and other loved ones.

Outside catering is not allowed, but you may use an outside provider for your wedding cake. Martin's Caterers handles many aspects of your event and for the elements the company doesn't cover, including floral decor, photography, linens and table settings, you can work with your Martin's Caterers event planner to select from the company's list of wedding vendor partners.

Weddings at Matin's Caterers' East and West locations in Baltimore include a number of great perks with every wedding package:

• In-house event planning staff to assist you with coordination for your event
  • Gifts for the bride and groom including a gift basket and a gift card good for a free bottle of wine at another Martin's event
  • Staff banquet manager presence during your event from arrival to departure
  • Personal hostess for the couple and wedding party
  • Private suites for the wedding party to use to get ready or change into reception outfits
  • Champagne toast
  • Optional centerpieces available for use

Making Wedding Dreams Come True For Over 50 Years!

Martin's West is one of six elegant venue locations located in Baltimore, MD. Imagine your day completely catered in one of our elegant ballrooms accented with crystal chandeliers or outside, in our beautifully landscaped Wedding Yard (wedding tents available). Martin's will go above and beyond to make your day as unique and stress free. Our professional Event Planners and Catering staff will help you customize and create an experience you will never forget. Contact us today for a free consultation and a venue tour! “This venue was an excellent choice for our wedding reception. The bridal hostess was especially helpful! The food was excellent. The service was absolutely amazing!” -Amira S.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Religious Setting, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

6817 Dogwood Rd, Baltimore, MD (410) 686-8500

Martin's Valley Mansion Reception Food

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Geoffrey C

The food at the reception was really good. Though I didn't get to eat much of it unfortunately, as we were busy dancing and greeting our guests, everyone that I talked to really enjoyed it. I did get to try the crab cakes, which were fantastic. Also, the dessert table was really... Read More cool. The guests were really impressed when the room divider came up to reveal a huge dessert display.

2017-03-01T14:32:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for kind words! we are delighted to hear that you and your guest had a wonderful time. wishing you lifetime of love and happiness. :)

The Best Wedding Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Ashley A

I had my wedding reception at Martin's West! Three weeks later, still getting compliments!! My wedding planner, Ali, the best of the best! She knew exactly what I wanted and what I was always talking about, even when my own mind was boggled and couldn't get the words out!... Read More Demetria and Amax, make sure the night of went smoothly!! I never had to search for anything or wonder what was going to happen next! The food, was perfect. We had filet and crab cake. To be compeltely honest, I was a little worried about the filets being over cooked, undercooked, or just not good. Boy was I compeltely wrong! Everything was cooked to perfection! They even offered seconds which blew everyone away! Bartenders... AMAZING!! Nothing else to say! This is defintly a one stop shop!! Will be using Martin's again when planning an event!!

Rating for Martin's East

Reviewed on 12/09/2008 Denise A

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Ashley S

They were amazing with handling all aspects of the wedding. My day looked elegant and beyond beautiful.

Good food, but thats it

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Shannon H

Martin's Catering has a great reputation in Baltimore, which is why I was so surprised at how lousy my wedding was. My event was at Martin's East in Middle River. The food was really good, but that's the best I can say about them. The wedding planners some how messed up the... Read More details of my wedding at the last minute. The songs, favors, centerpieces, and details. We thought we fixed it all at the rehearsal. On the day of the wedding, my husband had to run around with them to figure out where all my center pieces were. So during the ceremony all you heard was the banging around in the back behind the curtain because their workers were trying to set up my centerpieces during our vows. How romantic right? The staff also would take our guests drinks and food before they were done with them, as long as it was sitting on the table it was fair game. The staff found a way to be in all of our pictures during the reception. One server even asked a guest if she were pregnant, some people just have a little extra cushion! The wedding coordinator not only confused the entire bridal party during the rehearsal, but screwed up many things on the day of. He rushed us through picture time with our photographer, and rushed through many of the events of the wedding, like first dance and cake cutting. And because he was trying to do something special for us, so the manager tells us, he had the DJ mess up our last song. I am so aggravated and disappointed with Martins Catering. I have spoken to the manager several times over the past few month and nothing has been done to make up for the horrible day they turned my wedding into. I would not recommend this place!

Effortless

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Sherre

Martin's absolutely the perfect place for me to host my wedding. I wanted a location that did much of the planning, and had a coordinator to help out with the event. I wanted something that was basically worry free. Martin's was that place for me. They did everything they could... Read More to make my day perfect and I loved it. My coordinator was Diane, and she was great. I cant remember the names of my day-of assistants, but there was one for me and one for my husband and they made it easy.

Martin's Valley Mansion - YES!!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Rosina K

From our first meeting at Martin's Valley Mansion I knew it was the right place for my husband and I to get married. I come from a very large Italian family and my guest list was going to be pretty big. Karen at Martin's made my family and I feel welcomed from the beginning. She... Read More was so accommodating and worked with us for our specific plans. We had the most AMAZING wedding. Karen could not be there but Michelle was just as fantastic and looked after myself and my husband throughout the night. Franklin gets an MVP as he got the crowd going from the introductions and continued that energy throughout the evening. We could not be more pleased with them. Loved the little surprises here and there throughout the night. All my guests came up to us and said it was one of the best weddings they have been through. Bonus was they wrapped up my dinner (that I barely ate) and gave my husband another whole dinner too. We ate that the day after for lunch. If you want a reception site that has great service, quality and picking out specific plans - Martin's Valley Mansion is for you!

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Victoria T

My wedding planner was probably ready to go nuts by the time the dust settled with some people who failed out on their duties, but no matter what Ali Schwartz pulled through every time we needed her. The room I had was gorgeous. If time has allowed I would of loved to of done... Read More more with the fairytale theme but for what we had, I was very please with how they had everything set up. If anyone is looking to book a venue for a special occasion, Martin's West is the way to go. Be sure to ask for Alison Schwartz. She is on the ball with everything that she had to do to make sure everything for me flowed smoothly.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Melissa W

We were at the Martin's of Westminster location for both Reception and the next day Brunch. It was great! I can't imagine how much more stressful the day would have been without them. The food is amazing and bountiful! No better deal anywhere.

Awesome place

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Kimberly S

The lady was very attentive to us the night of our wedding. As soon as our drink was almost done, she had another in our hand. They even went out and got beer we were supposed to have when they forgot to put it on the menu. It was the best deal for the money and everything... Read More turned out wonderful.

Reception Venue

Reviewed on 5/18/2013 Amanda A

I absolutely loved Martins. There were a couple minor things leading up to the big day that I was a little concerned about but during the reception, the staff was perfect. They constantly came up to my husband and myself and asked if we needed a drink or anything and kept us up... Read More to date on anything we needed to know. They were friendly and so helpful. The room was stunning as well.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2/28/2013 Carrie R

We had our reception at martins and it was absolutely amazing. The food was outstanding and our coordinator for the night was above and beyond anything we could have expected. They made our night something to remember.

Martin's West Review

Reviewed on 12/16/2012 Sarah D

1. Amazing food. We went buffet style and were served at our sweetheart table, but we were still brought HEAPING plates of it. 2. Beautiful venue. Chandeliers are gorgeous. 3. Bridal hostess and manager were very friendly and helpful most of the evening. 4.... Read More Announcements and events went smoothly. 5. Our original point of contact with Martins when we signed the contract left a few months into the process and we were given another consultant who said she would be with us through the whole thing - except she was not present at the wedding and we had NO idea until the rehearsal. That did not make me feel comfortable, but in the end everything worked out. 6. There was some trouble moving guests from the ceremony to the reception space, and no staff seemed to be helping the herd. 7. Bartenders did not seem very experienced, but made up for it by being generous with the liquor.

Martin's East = excellent!

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Jillian

Martin's East was amazing from start to finish. Kitty (our event planner) sat down with us and answered any and all questions that we had-- they even gave us a discount because my SIL and BIL had had their reception there a few years ago. All through the process, both Kitty and... Read More Kathy were extremely helpful. On the night of our wedding, all members of the staff were friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful!

Great Night to Remember

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Antoine S

Very organized and thorough. The food was exceptional and all the guest were please with the quality and quantity of the food. They even upgraded our room for free so we could have an even greater reception. The really took care of us and made everyone feel good about sharing in... Read More our special day.

venue

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 sarah f

They catered to our every need. Didn't have to worry about anything.

Valley Mansion = AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Erin G

The staff at Valley Mansion did an amazing job from the beginning of the planning process all the way through the end of my wedding. Every time I turned around, there was someone asking if I needed something, the food was incredible (received a ton of compliments) and the price... Read More was just right for our budget. To boot, the hall was very pretty!! I would highly recommend considering them for your wedding without a doubt...

Martin's West

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Vikky S

I absolutely LOVED having my wedding (100 guests) here. I had both the ceremony and the reception at the West Location and it was beautiful. Our event planner Gabriella was lovely, and made sure we got everything I wanted. The staff the day of the wedding were so nice and very... Read More helpful. I wish I could remember the names of the announcer and the nice lady that followed me around for the day, they were the best too. Everyone was super friendly and as soon as you asked for something it was there within minutes. Everyone that came to the wedding raved about the location, food, and service too! I had the most stress free day and I don't think it would have been the same had I used another location. I literally recommend them to everyone I know that is getting married and would do it again in a heartbeat! I also used their DJ recommendation and cake provider. My only two complaints are with the DJ because he was late, however Martin's staff made sure there was communication between them and the DJ so they knew where he was and he set up within minutes. The second complaint with that is the staff wouldnt tell me why we were being delayed only that there was an issue. I understand that they were trying to keep me calm however it just irritated me more than it kept me calm because I was fine regardless. However I wouldn't let that discourage anyone from looking at this location because it was completely understandable and only delayed the wedding from starting by 10 minutes. :)

Could not have been better!

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Jeannette G

There is no place you can get such elegance, great service, expertise, and delicious food for such an affordable price. Martin's blew every other option out of the water. We were able to have a premium open bar, premium appetizers, a salad, double entree meal, and wedding cake... Read More in a gorgeous banquet room with a breath-taking chandelier, wedding coordinator, and MC for the starting price at every other venue. Everything came out so elegant, so delicious, and was SO easy on the bride and groom. They are so incredibly organized and professional there. They clearly know what they are doing. Highly recommend the salmon entree!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/01/2012 Christy M

Both my brother and I got married here and all I can say is WOW. They have gotten even better than 8 years ago when my brother tied the knot! So much was included! Bob was awesome, along with everyone helping this past Sunday night! Totally seamless, took care of us, high... Read More attention to detail and making us know we were in good hands! Let's also mention the AMAZINGly delicious food that we got many compliments on. I was hesitant about doing a buffet, but SO glad we did! And always get the crab cakes weather you go with buffet or seated meal! We had a tuxedo cake with a caramel flavored filling and got many compliments. The DJ (DJDELIGHTS) was also awesome! They played all the songs we wanted and kept the dance floor busy! I really could go on. A wonderful deal for the money! I highly recommend Martin's. I live two hours away and it was worth all the hassle that went along with that travel to and fro :)

Good, But Not Great.

Reviewed on 5/30/2012 Holly N

I recently had my wedding at Martin's Caterers in Walkersville, Maryland. The first impression of using them as our reception site and caterers was great. I felt like this was going to be an easy vendor to work with. Then, we found out that this branch of Martin's was going to... Read More be closing shortly after our wedding date. The event planner was hard to get a hold of since they had already moved her to another branch and finalizing little details was an extremely hard task. The general manager at the actual Walkersville branch, John, was GREAT to work with and I have nothing but great things to say about him. The staff at the reception did a fantastic job and were very professional and on top of everything. I heard from my guests that the food was amazing (although, they were not allowed to eat crap soup during the cocktail hour ;) ) and I believe all in all, they did a good job. I would recommend their other locations to other brides because their sites are beautiful. I also recommend the chair covers, they are worth the extra money and made it look very classy. We had a great time and ate good food and they have some of the best prices around. It is a shame that I had to deal with a couple of setbacks with the event planner or I would have given more stars.

Great service for an even better value!

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Kristen H

Martin's Westminster is the perfect place to hold a beautiful wedding reception without breaking the bank. We had an amazing dinner and our coordinator Bob was so wonderful to work with! He made everything so easy to set-up and made everything happen just the way we wanted it.... Read More We didn't have to worry about a thing when we arrived at the reception!

It was amazing

Reviewed on 4/09/2012 Sharonda M

I had my wedding and reception at Martin's West and everything was great for my 300 guests. It was a great planning process and they made sure my day with flawless. Everything was taken care of, the wedding, happy hour, food, open bar, coat check, parking...everything was... Read More great.

Martin's Westminster

Reviewed on 3/30/2012 Nia D

I thought Martin's was great! Especailly the day of my wedding, they were so helpful and kind. I didn't hve a care in the world! They treated my guest with kindness and respect. I was very pleased with them. I will definately have another event there.

Outstanding service and an overall fun night!!!

Reviewed on 2/17/2012 Veronica D

What an amazing time my Groom & I had at our wedding reception. Joe Lanza, Bob Lazarus and their staff made sure that every detail was in place and that anything we needed through out the night was taken care of. The night ran so smoothly and we were even given a going... Read More away basket complete with champagne for us to continue the celebration! What an amazing night... and what amazing service!

Meet The Events Director

Martin's Event Planners

Martin's West is one of six elegant venue locations located in Baltimore, MD. Imagine your day completely catered in our elegant ballrooms accented with sparkling crystal chandeliers or outside, in our beautifully landscaped Wedding Yard. Martin's will go above and beyond to make your day as unique and stress free. Our professional Event Planners and Catering staff will help you customize and create an experience you will never forget. Contact us today for a free consultation and a venue tour!