Mavris Arts & Event Center

Indianapolis, IN

Premier Indianapolis Wedding & Event Venue

Mavris is the perfect location to experience a unique setting not felt anywhere else in the city. We have a four level facility that offers multiple design ideas, as well as an outdoor garden and roof-top patio that overlooks the downtown skyline – perfect for your wedding.

Garden, Historic Venue, Loft, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2018

121 S East Street, Indianapolis, IN (317) 917-9999

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Kelly K

I could not have picked a better venue. My husband and I loved not only the actual venue itself, but the staff was so accessible and helpful throughout the entire process. I felt that at any moment throughout the wedding day there were people in the venue to help with things... Read More that needed to get done. I have received an overwhelming amount of compliments about how beautiful our wedding was and the best thing about it, is that I didn't have to decorate it that much! The building can completely stand alone in it's own beauty. The bridal suite is what really sealed the deal for me. Being in that room for so long on your wedding day can be stressful and feel claustrophobic, but the bridal suit is so beautiful and relaxing. Also, you cannot beat this location. We were easily able to get around downtown and take pictures, people were able to be close to their hotels, and most importantly we were able to go out to the bars afterwards!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Janice P

We have heard so many amazing comments from our guests about our wedding reception at the Mavris! We worked with Elise, and she was so accommodating for all of our requests. We needed a gluten-free and dairy-free entree, and everyone was blown away by how delicious the food was!... Read More Everyone at the Mavris was so friendly and nice to work with. Our guests loved having different floors with room to talk, dance, sit, and eat - it was such a unique environment! We cannot say even great things about the Mavris, and we would pick this as our reception venue again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Emily L

Our wedding at Mavris could not have been anymore perfect. Ellie was our coordinator and we loved working with her. The staff at Mavris did anything they could to make our day perfect and bring to reality any request that we had. The planning process with Mavris was easy and... Read More followed the timeline we were given upon signing the contract with them. Our families were impressed by the small details Mavris paid attention to. For example they brought food for the kids out first before serving the other guest. Another example was the attentiveness of the chef who paid attention to food allergies of our guests. He even made a trip out to one table to speak with a guest who has lots of allergies and explained all ingredients in each dish to make sure that the guest was comfortable eating the food. The bridal party had a great time in the bridal suite getting ready in the morning and hanging out while we all got our hair and makeup done on site. Ellie made several trips to come and check on us and see if there was anything we needed. They even took our leftover food down to the man cave so it didn't go to waste. The people at Mavris made me feel like a princess on my wedding day and went above and beyond. You can tell they have hosted many events before and could execute without any hiccups down to the details we had planned during our planning meeting. The owner even showed up to see how our reception was going, on a Saturday! We could not be happier that we chose to have our wedding at Mavris and it could not have been more perfect. I know we won't look back on our wedding day with anything except great memories.

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Amanda D

Stunning! We LOVED the Mavris, the staff are great, Aly is AMAZING! We could not have had a better experience having our wedding there. The building itself is stunning. I cannot say enough about Aly, during the whole process she was so great, always prompt at answering my... Read More millions of e-mails with questions and always making sure we were good. I would have my wedding at Mavris a million times over and highly recommend it to anyone thinking about using the venue.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Alli K

I am so incredibly thankful to Alyssa and the entire Mavris staff for helping make our wedding day absolutely perfect! I actually fell in love with the Mavris when my family was helping look for a venue for my brother and sister-in-law's wedding. Three years later when I got... Read More engaged, I knew without a doubt that this was where I wanted to get married! Words can't even describe how awesome this place is and how wonderful the staff is! Alyssa made planning a wedding from far away so incredibly simple. I recommend anyone looking to host an event to check this place out! You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Elizabeth B

I can't stop bragging about the Mavris. I was a guest a few years back and I knew then I wanted to have my wedding and share my special day with my husband, family and friends at their venue. The elegance and simplicity in the overall venue gives you a feel of comfort and... Read More genuine unique quality. The hard wood floors, exposed brick, and wood beams are all the decorating you need. The coordinators are all so wonderful and gracious. They listen and know exactly how to bring your ideas to their space and make them a reality. The food. Oh gosh. The Food! That's all I can say, just delicious and how wonderful they are to accommodate dietary needs. Our friends and family with restrictions were so thankful for that! The spaces for the bridal party are great for getting ready...although, we vote for the Foosball table to be moved to the bridal suite :-). Even if you are not getting married and want to have a party, cooperate event, etc, please call the Mavris. They will ease all your worries and make you feel like family.

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Lexi M

This venue is amazing. We got 3 floors plus the garden area and the rooftop patio to work with on our wedding day. The interior is elegant and flows very well from one space to the next. All the wood columns and floors are gorgeous, especially with customizable uplighting. We... Read More were able to create exactly the feel we were looking for in our wedding. Not only is it absolutely stunning, the staff is incredible. Our day-of coordinator, Ana, was so attentive and organized. We didn't have to worry about a single detail. Everything was taken care of from where I wanted which decorations, to where the favors should be placed, down to getting the gifts into the car during the reception so that we wouldn't have to worry about it at the end of the night. She went over everything with me the morning of the wedding, and took care of all the little details exactly the way I had envisioned. Everyone talks about how stressed they were on their wedding day, and I am so glad I can say that I am not in that boat! Everything went smoothly, and was absolutely beautiful. Also, the food was amazing. When we had our tasting and chose the entree for the night, my husband and I both thought "well sure, it's delicious when they're cooking for just a couple of people, but what will it be like when there are over a hundred?" And let me just tell you, it was just as incredibly delicious the second time. I have had so many compliments on the food! I am so thrilled that I was able to have my wedding here, it was absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Jill D

We absolutely loved working with The Mavris team. From the first time we saw the venue, we were in love. SO MUCH BEAUTIFUL SPACE! The team was amazing from start to finish. Elise helped us determine that this was the venue for us pretty quickly and let us tour the place a few... Read More times before making the leap. Ana, our event coordinator, was a dream to work with. She was responsive, reliable and thorough. Never once did she let us freak out about details because she had everything covered. The day of went off without a hitch because of their expertise and confidence. Everything looked beautiful, the food was so much better than any other wedding food I've ever had, the attention to every little detail was noticed. We can't recommend this place more. It was perfect from start to finish. The final price may look overwhelming sometimes, but I promise it is one hundred percent worth it when you see how great the team is, how lovely everything looks and how great the whole event will go. It was perfect and I can't thank everyone enough. All our love! Jill and Joe

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Rachel B

I can not say enough good things about our experience working with the Mavris! My husband and I had our ceremony and reception there on 08/26/17 and it was perfect! I didn't have to worry about a single detail that day because I knew Elise was going to have it 100% taken care... Read More of. Her detail in planning and responsiveness was so helpful throughout the whole process leading up to the wedding. The whole staff is so awesome and accommodating. We got lots of compliments on the food and the bartenders. The venue gives you so many options to use the space as you wish. I didn't have a moment of concern for possible bad weather because plan B was just as good as plan A. The Mavris is a dream venue for sure and worth every penny!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Kaley G

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE!! We had our wedding on 09/08/17 at Mavris and it was perfect. The team at Mavris are amazing. Ana and Brett were the best people to work with, my husband and I loved them! Ana knew exactly what I wanted and got it done. The space looked better and more... Read More beautiful than I even pictured. The staff was also so great. They made sure we always had a drink in hand and were enjoying the party as much as we could. They even made my husband and I some food at the end of the night since we didn't eat much during dinner. I can't say enough nice things about this venue. Not a single thing went wrong on my wedding day and it was the best day of our lives.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Laken K

We couldn't love the Mavris more! Our wedding day was absolute perfection thanks to the wonderful staff here. Elise went above and beyond to make sure our day ran smoothly. It was a dream come true! I did not worry about a thing on our big day and felt so at ease. The venue is... Read More stunning, every little detail is noticed by guests. Our food was delicious and guests complimented us on the uniqueness of our menu. We love the Mavris so much and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a gorgeous venue!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kendra T

Everyone at Mavris was amazing! They are so organized throughout the entire process and the venue is breathtaking on its own. We worked with Ellie and Aly for our wedding and loved them both. Aly was so good at coordinating the day of so that all we had to focus on was getting... Read More married. My officiant mentioned that she was one of the best coordinators he had seen. This venue made for an absolutely perfect wedding! Our guests continue to talk about the wedding and how beautiful the event was. I would highly recomment this to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Anna K

We live in LA but were getting married in Indy and needed to book our venue before we could see it in person. I knew a couple people who had gotten married at the Mavris and they had nothing but positive feedback. We spoke to Elise, our coordinator, who was really responsive and... Read More helpful (we had a lot of questions!) and we knew right away that we wanted to have our reception at the Mavris. We didn't see the venue until our tasting/6 months before our wedding (which the Mavris was able to accommodate much more in advance of our wedding date than usual due to our travel schedules). When we walked in, I was so stunned. It is such a special space and is so beautiful that I felt really proud to have our wedding reception there. We loved that we got the entire space (except the speak easy in the basement) to ourselves for the entire day. We loved the option for outdoor space (we used the rooftop and 3rd floor for our cocktail hour) and actually spent the majority of our reception out in the garden playing cornhole and enjoying the beautiful sunset and view of downtown. We also were so pleased with the food! My family is really into food, and my husband is a vegetarian and we decided to serve the eggplant parm and the feta-stuffed chicken breast. We both LOVED our meals, and received lots of feedback from our guests that the food was the best wedding meal they've ever had. We also highly recommend the bacon knots as an hors d'oeuvre - they were a hit! Elise, our coordinator, was in constant contact with us leading up to the big day and throughout the reception. She gave us lots of design ideas and handled last-minute changes with ease. She made sure we got to eat apps, and late-night pizza and that we always had a drink in hand. Everything went so smooth. It was absolutely the best day ever! Thank you to everyone at the Mavris - it was such a perfect day!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 annie m

I cannot recommend the Mavris enough! Our wedding was an absolute dream come true and we didn't have to worry about a thing knowing we were in such good hands of Elise and the rest of the Mavris staff. Initially, we fell in love with the venue space and loved the exposed brick... Read More and outdoor areas but our coordinator (Elise) and the Mavris staff won our hearts and made everything perfect! Everyone there was so friendly and attentive to us both the day of our wedding and throughout the whole planning process.

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Dave R

Fantastic venue for everything all in one place. The staffs committment to excellence is obvious and we could not have been happier with out experience. We owe a good deal of gratitude to Mavris for making our wedding vision come true.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Alicia S

We were so excited to have our wedding at Mavris and the day did not disappoint. The whole team made sure our day went smoothly - from making sure we got the kids rounded up to the babysitting room, making sure we stayed on schedule, keeping a drink in my hand at all times... Read More after the ceremony and making sure my mom's food stayed hot while she greeted guests. The bartenders and servers were professional but really seemed to enjoy being part of the party as much as we did. The venue is amazing - we were able to use comfortably all day from the bridal suite and man cave. It's a unique and beautiful venue. Every other vendor we had said mavris was top notch and they were spot on. We are still getting compliments about how beautiful and amazing our wedding was and how much everyone loved the venue.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Amanda B

I have been to weddings here before and love the space. We looked at many spaces with a similar feel when we were planning, but our hearts led us back to Mavris and I have to say, I am so glad we chose Mavris for our ceremony and reception. First of all, the venue is gorgeous... Read More and there is so much space you can utilize from the beautiful bridal suite to the rooftop terrace...it is all so perfect. From the very beginning, Mavris made us feel at ease and never pressured us into anything we didn't want. Our coordinator, Elise, was absolutely amazing! She was so professional, but also fun. she was very attentive and from the minute we started planning until she left the night of our wedding, we never once had to worry about anything. They worked seamlessly with our other vendors. The space is beautiful, the staff is very professional and attentive, the bar service was outstanding, and the food was delicious! Our guests are still going on and on about how wonderful the night was and I know that Elise and Mavris made that happen.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Elizabeth M

We used the Mavris for both our ceremony and reception. It was absolutely what we were looking for with regard to look and ambiance! We were initially a little hesitant because of the price - it was a little on the higher side for us. However, in the end, there was nowhere else... Read More that came close, and we were SO GLAD we went with them! The communication with the venue from the start was easy. Shortly after signing, you are assigned a wedding coordinator - Ellie was ours and I cannot say enough good things about her!! She walked through every step of the day over multiple meetings and was easily available via email any time I had a question or concern. On the day of the wedding she and her staff set up ALL our decorations, and everything looked exactly how I wanted (better in some instances)! They let you drop off the decorations and everything prior to the wedding day and pick up everything after the wedding day - definitely nice to not have to worry about that stuff on the actual big day. We had a late Oct wedding and wanted to try for an outside ceremony - luckily the weather cooperated, but they allow you to decide to move the wedding inside up to 4 hrs prior to the ceremony without any extra charge or fuss. We did a first look and were still taking pictures upstairs as guests started arriving. Ellie met all the guests on the first floor and made sure that no one came up until we were hidden away. The ceremony went on time and seamlessly. Again, everything was perfectly placed and laid out during the cocktail hour and reception. The food, which you'll totally enjoy at your earlier tasting meeting, was delicious (especially the mashed potatoes). We brought in cupcakes from Flying Cupcake - you can use any vendor for that, but you can't bring in any food or alcohol yourself (the case you'll find with most big venues). As everyone started piling onto the dance floor, Ellie made sure to check with us before leaving. This venue will absolutely work with you to ensure your day is just as you want it. I assume there were some little things that didn't go as planned, but I never heard or noticed anything! Again, shout out to our amazing coordinator Ellie!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Danielle J

I don't even know where to begin! Our experience with Mavris could not have been better. Everything from the planning process to the food to the flow of the event was perfect! We were especially impressed with the staff - they were incredibly courteous and attentive all night!... Read More Mavris took care of everything we needed, all while being mindful of our budget. We received so many compliments on the space, as well as the food. Our coordinator, Elise, was with us every step of the way (even bustling my dress pre-reception)! We are so happy we chose Mavris as our wedding venue and would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event in Indy!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Amanda L

My husband and I had the greatest day of our lives at The Mavris. Our coordinator (Elise) was absolutely integral to the success of our wedding. We had 200 guests, in a beautiful building, with delicious food, and a (ultimately) winning battle against mother nature. It poured... Read More rain unexpectedly, so they quickly transitioned from an outdoor ceremony to an indoor. It was still great & their professionalism was clearly evident. Our guests had a fantastic time and we couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Kate C

Such a beautiful venue and so much space. A bit expensive, but the food is fantastic and the staff is so amazing to work with! Definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Jenn K

I do not even know where to begin besides saying what a Magical night!! I would highly recommend the Mavris to and friends or family. They were amazing from the get-go! Starting with the first tour, to planning, and then providing a smooth, stress free wedding. Being the bride,... Read More I had visions I would be asked what about this or who should go where but they took care of it all. They said you are the Bride and we are here for you!!! Love the staff (Ellie and John especially,) the amazing chef, bartenders and servers. Wouldn't have been the wedding I dreamed of if it weren't for the Mavris...thank you so much!

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kate H

We loved the Mavris! It's such a beautiful space and the staff is so amazing and helpful! Everything went seamlessly from our view on our wedding day. It's definitely pricey but it was worth every penny

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Tess B

We got married at the Mavris this August (8.21.15) and it was a complete DREAM! Everything was handled so professional and the attention to detail was out of this world. I am so glad we chose the Mavris as our Wedding Venue- I would have been upset if we didn't! Meaghan was... Read More such a great wedding coordinator. She was so friendly but also got stuff done- which was very much appreciated. I can't thank her enough for all her handwork. We were out of town planning this wedding and they completely accommodated everything we had to work around. We would suggest this venue to anyone looking in the Indy area! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

Our experience at Mavris was great. In the beginning, we had a lot of questions to ensure that we were making the best choice. Getting married is an expensive thing to do so you want to make sure you are making the perfect choice. The Mavris staff did whatever they could to... Read More answer any question we had. Ellie Lowe was our coordinator and she was phenomenal. The staff is on point with their timeliness and effort going into the actual day. My husband and I were amazed at how well the staff did. Very professional and we would recommend this to anyone.