Mavris Arts & Event Center

Indianapolis, IN

Premier Indianapolis Wedding & Event Venue

Mavris is the perfect location to experience a unique setting not felt anywhere else in the city. We have a four level facility that offers multiple design ideas, as well as an outdoor garden and roof-top patio that overlooks the downtown skyline – perfect for your wedding.

Garden, Historic Venue, Loft, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

121 S East Street, Indianapolis, IN (317) 917-9999

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Kelly K

I could not have picked a better venue. My husband and I loved not only the actual venue itself, but the staff was so accessible and helpful throughout the entire process. I felt that at any moment throughout the wedding day there were people in the venue to help with things... Read More that needed to get done. I have received an overwhelming amount of compliments about how beautiful our wedding was and the best thing about it, is that I didn't have to decorate it that much! The building can completely stand alone in it's own beauty. The bridal suite is what really sealed the deal for me. Being in that room for so long on your wedding day can be stressful and feel claustrophobic, but the bridal suit is so beautiful and relaxing. Also, you cannot beat this location. We were easily able to get around downtown and take pictures, people were able to be close to their hotels, and most importantly we were able to go out to the bars afterwards!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Janice P

We have heard so many amazing comments from our guests about our wedding reception at the Mavris! We worked with Elise, and she was so accommodating for all of our requests. We needed a gluten-free and dairy-free entree, and everyone was blown away by how delicious the food was!... Read More Everyone at the Mavris was so friendly and nice to work with. Our guests loved having different floors with room to talk, dance, sit, and eat - it was such a unique environment! We cannot say even great things about the Mavris, and we would pick this as our reception venue again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Emily L

Our wedding at Mavris could not have been anymore perfect. Ellie was our coordinator and we loved working with her. The staff at Mavris did anything they could to make our day perfect and bring to reality any request that we had. The planning process with Mavris was easy and... Read More followed the timeline we were given upon signing the contract with them. Our families were impressed by the small details Mavris paid attention to. For example they brought food for the kids out first before serving the other guest. Another example was the attentiveness of the chef who paid attention to food allergies of our guests. He even made a trip out to one table to speak with a guest who has lots of allergies and explained all ingredients in each dish to make sure that the guest was comfortable eating the food. The bridal party had a great time in the bridal suite getting ready in the morning and hanging out while we all got our hair and makeup done on site. Ellie made several trips to come and check on us and see if there was anything we needed. They even took our leftover food down to the man cave so it didn't go to waste. The people at Mavris made me feel like a princess on my wedding day and went above and beyond. You can tell they have hosted many events before and could execute without any hiccups down to the details we had planned during our planning meeting. The owner even showed up to see how our reception was going, on a Saturday! We could not be happier that we chose to have our wedding at Mavris and it could not have been more perfect. I know we won't look back on our wedding day with anything except great memories.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kendra T

Everyone at Mavris was amazing! They are so organized throughout the entire process and the venue is breathtaking on its own. We worked with Ellie and Aly for our wedding and loved them both. Aly was so good at coordinating the day of so that all we had to focus on was getting... Read More married. My officiant mentioned that she was one of the best coordinators he had seen. This venue made for an absolutely perfect wedding! Our guests continue to talk about the wedding and how beautiful the event was. I would highly recomment this to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Anna K

We live in LA but were getting married in Indy and needed to book our venue before we could see it in person. I knew a couple people who had gotten married at the Mavris and they had nothing but positive feedback. We spoke to Elise, our coordinator, who was really responsive and... Read More helpful (we had a lot of questions!) and we knew right away that we wanted to have our reception at the Mavris. We didn't see the venue until our tasting/6 months before our wedding (which the Mavris was able to accommodate much more in advance of our wedding date than usual due to our travel schedules). When we walked in, I was so stunned. It is such a special space and is so beautiful that I felt really proud to have our wedding reception there. We loved that we got the entire space (except the speak easy in the basement) to ourselves for the entire day. We loved the option for outdoor space (we used the rooftop and 3rd floor for our cocktail hour) and actually spent the majority of our reception out in the garden playing cornhole and enjoying the beautiful sunset and view of downtown. We also were so pleased with the food! My family is really into food, and my husband is a vegetarian and we decided to serve the eggplant parm and the feta-stuffed chicken breast. We both LOVED our meals, and received lots of feedback from our guests that the food was the best wedding meal they've ever had. We also highly recommend the bacon knots as an hors d'oeuvre - they were a hit! Elise, our coordinator, was in constant contact with us leading up to the big day and throughout the reception. She gave us lots of design ideas and handled last-minute changes with ease. She made sure we got to eat apps, and late-night pizza and that we always had a drink in hand. Everything went so smooth. It was absolutely the best day ever! Thank you to everyone at the Mavris - it was such a perfect day!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 annie m

I cannot recommend the Mavris enough! Our wedding was an absolute dream come true and we didn't have to worry about a thing knowing we were in such good hands of Elise and the rest of the Mavris staff. Initially, we fell in love with the venue space and loved the exposed brick... Read More and outdoor areas but our coordinator (Elise) and the Mavris staff won our hearts and made everything perfect! Everyone there was so friendly and attentive to us both the day of our wedding and throughout the whole planning process.

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Dave R

Fantastic venue for everything all in one place. The staffs committment to excellence is obvious and we could not have been happier with out experience. We owe a good deal of gratitude to Mavris for making our wedding vision come true.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Alicia S

We were so excited to have our wedding at Mavris and the day did not disappoint. The whole team made sure our day went smoothly - from making sure we got the kids rounded up to the babysitting room, making sure we stayed on schedule, keeping a drink in my hand at all times... Read More after the ceremony and making sure my mom's food stayed hot while she greeted guests. The bartenders and servers were professional but really seemed to enjoy being part of the party as much as we did. The venue is amazing - we were able to use comfortably all day from the bridal suite and man cave. It's a unique and beautiful venue. Every other vendor we had said mavris was top notch and they were spot on. We are still getting compliments about how beautiful and amazing our wedding was and how much everyone loved the venue.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Amanda B

I have been to weddings here before and love the space. We looked at many spaces with a similar feel when we were planning, but our hearts led us back to Mavris and I have to say, I am so glad we chose Mavris for our ceremony and reception. First of all, the venue is gorgeous... Read More and there is so much space you can utilize from the beautiful bridal suite to the rooftop terrace...it is all so perfect. From the very beginning, Mavris made us feel at ease and never pressured us into anything we didn't want. Our coordinator, Elise, was absolutely amazing! She was so professional, but also fun. she was very attentive and from the minute we started planning until she left the night of our wedding, we never once had to worry about anything. They worked seamlessly with our other vendors. The space is beautiful, the staff is very professional and attentive, the bar service was outstanding, and the food was delicious! Our guests are still going on and on about how wonderful the night was and I know that Elise and Mavris made that happen.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Elizabeth M

We used the Mavris for both our ceremony and reception. It was absolutely what we were looking for with regard to look and ambiance! We were initially a little hesitant because of the price - it was a little on the higher side for us. However, in the end, there was nowhere else... Read More that came close, and we were SO GLAD we went with them! The communication with the venue from the start was easy. Shortly after signing, you are assigned a wedding coordinator - Ellie was ours and I cannot say enough good things about her!! She walked through every step of the day over multiple meetings and was easily available via email any time I had a question or concern. On the day of the wedding she and her staff set up ALL our decorations, and everything looked exactly how I wanted (better in some instances)! They let you drop off the decorations and everything prior to the wedding day and pick up everything after the wedding day - definitely nice to not have to worry about that stuff on the actual big day. We had a late Oct wedding and wanted to try for an outside ceremony - luckily the weather cooperated, but they allow you to decide to move the wedding inside up to 4 hrs prior to the ceremony without any extra charge or fuss. We did a first look and were still taking pictures upstairs as guests started arriving. Ellie met all the guests on the first floor and made sure that no one came up until we were hidden away. The ceremony went on time and seamlessly. Again, everything was perfectly placed and laid out during the cocktail hour and reception. The food, which you'll totally enjoy at your earlier tasting meeting, was delicious (especially the mashed potatoes). We brought in cupcakes from Flying Cupcake - you can use any vendor for that, but you can't bring in any food or alcohol yourself (the case you'll find with most big venues). As everyone started piling onto the dance floor, Ellie made sure to check with us before leaving. This venue will absolutely work with you to ensure your day is just as you want it. I assume there were some little things that didn't go as planned, but I never heard or noticed anything! Again, shout out to our amazing coordinator Ellie!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Danielle J

I don't even know where to begin! Our experience with Mavris could not have been better. Everything from the planning process to the food to the flow of the event was perfect! We were especially impressed with the staff - they were incredibly courteous and attentive all night!... Read More Mavris took care of everything we needed, all while being mindful of our budget. We received so many compliments on the space, as well as the food. Our coordinator, Elise, was with us every step of the way (even bustling my dress pre-reception)! We are so happy we chose Mavris as our wedding venue and would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event in Indy!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Amanda L

My husband and I had the greatest day of our lives at The Mavris. Our coordinator (Elise) was absolutely integral to the success of our wedding. We had 200 guests, in a beautiful building, with delicious food, and a (ultimately) winning battle against mother nature. It poured... Read More rain unexpectedly, so they quickly transitioned from an outdoor ceremony to an indoor. It was still great & their professionalism was clearly evident. Our guests had a fantastic time and we couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Kate C

Such a beautiful venue and so much space. A bit expensive, but the food is fantastic and the staff is so amazing to work with! Definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Jenn K

I do not even know where to begin besides saying what a Magical night!! I would highly recommend the Mavris to and friends or family. They were amazing from the get-go! Starting with the first tour, to planning, and then providing a smooth, stress free wedding. Being the bride,... Read More I had visions I would be asked what about this or who should go where but they took care of it all. They said you are the Bride and we are here for you!!! Love the staff (Ellie and John especially,) the amazing chef, bartenders and servers. Wouldn't have been the wedding I dreamed of if it weren't for the Mavris...thank you so much!

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kate H

We loved the Mavris! It's such a beautiful space and the staff is so amazing and helpful! Everything went seamlessly from our view on our wedding day. It's definitely pricey but it was worth every penny

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Tess B

We got married at the Mavris this August (8.21.15) and it was a complete DREAM! Everything was handled so professional and the attention to detail was out of this world. I am so glad we chose the Mavris as our Wedding Venue- I would have been upset if we didn't! Meaghan was... Read More such a great wedding coordinator. She was so friendly but also got stuff done- which was very much appreciated. I can't thank her enough for all her handwork. We were out of town planning this wedding and they completely accommodated everything we had to work around. We would suggest this venue to anyone looking in the Indy area! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

Our experience at Mavris was great. In the beginning, we had a lot of questions to ensure that we were making the best choice. Getting married is an expensive thing to do so you want to make sure you are making the perfect choice. The Mavris staff did whatever they could to... Read More answer any question we had. Ellie Lowe was our coordinator and she was phenomenal. The staff is on point with their timeliness and effort going into the actual day. My husband and I were amazed at how well the staff did. Very professional and we would recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Alice C

Had discussions with sales representative from Mavris and it just seems that they are trying to nickel and dime me. I had previously received a quote and the now the quote has come back almost $7k, more which is ridiculous since my previous quote was reasonable. In addition, per... Read More their contract, they state that food cost can increase up to 10% but when we inquired how they got the 10%, they couldn't come up a reason or didn't have one, just saying that it could. I think the venue is lovely but it just seems that all they care about is trying to charge me and my fiance a ridiculous amount for the venue, then I would rather take my business elsewhere.

2015-07-17T13:00:28 Response from the vendor

Ms. Cheng, Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on our services. We’d like to take this opportunity to address your concerns. The sample estimates you originally received were dated November 2014 and April 2015. The July 13th quote was provided three months after... Read Less Read More

Pleased customer

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Allison L

Overall, I was very pleased with the Mavris. After attending a wedding there several years ago, I knew I would one day be married there. There were a few times along the way where I felt out of the loop, but I think that's due to timelines that Mavris goes by after planning so... Read More many weddings. The day of went very smoothly thanks to the staff. Overall, I would recommend this venue.

A Great Venue!

Reviewed on 1/15/2015 Abbie R

What an incredible space! We are SO glad that we chose to have our wedding reception at the Mavris. From start to finish we had a fantastic experience with the entire staff at the Mavris. They run an incredibly professional and well-organized event! Our evening went nearly... Read More flawless, we honestly cannot say enough good things about the Mavris! We would recommend this space to any couple searching for a wedding venue! Thank you to the Mavris for making sure our reception was absolutely perfect!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Sarah B

My husband and I knew as soon as we got engaged that we wanted to be married at the Mavris. We attended a wedding there 6 months before we got engaged and it was gorgeous. I love that the venue is basically "all inclusive". The staff there is amazing and go above and beyond to... Read More make the day run flawlessly. The venue is beautiful and really doesn't need any extra decor.I cannot say enough good things about the Mavris and would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a unique, but classic space.

Speakeasy by Mavris

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Lisa F

My husband and I got married early August this year. When we started the process of picking a venue to have our reception we knew we wanted small and intimate but also somewhere with character. Walking into the Mavris it definitely fit the bill for character but it was larger... Read More than what we had wanted. We were excited to find out that they had a separate room called the Speakeasy where they do smaller events. This room worked perfect for our 95 person reception. We received many complements on the venue, food/drinks and service. Erica, at the Mavris, helped us from start to finish. She was so accommodating with all of our requests and concerns. It was nice to have her there night of to ensure everything flowed and worked out perfectly. Erica was professional, knowledgeable and very easy to work with! I would highly recommend the Mavris!!

The Perfect Reception Venue!

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Gregg S

We looked at several reception venues in downtown Indy and the location, romantic abience, balcony with great views of the city, and fun vibe of Mavris topped everything else. It's hard to even begin to put into words how lucky we are to have chosen Mavris. Every meeting with... Read More the staff leading up to the wedding day impressed us- from the food options to the acommodations, but mostly our assigned "day of coordinator", Ellie! We got so many compliments on how smooth our wedding day went and how accomodating, friendly and attentive the staff at Mavris was. As the bride, Mavris truly exceeded my expectations. It was a day too perfect to imagine :) Thanks to everyone at Mavris!!!

AMAZING VENUE and best staff!

Reviewed on 6/12/2014 Megan B

We live in Chicago, but wanted to get married in Indianapolis and looked at several venues. In the end we picked this one for several reasons and it was the best decision ever. Our wedding coordinator was beyond amazing, so responsive, helpful and walked us through everything.... Read More Planning a wedding 3 hours away was hard enough and she really worked with us and was super flexible in scheduling our tastings, etc. We loved the fact it was essentially a "one stop shop" with having their own kitchen there and all they do is events and weddings so truly best in their class at what they do. The venue is GORGEOUS and we received so many compliments from our Chicago friends. They have an outdoor garden to get married in, and a back-up plan which is nice as well. IF you don't book here, you're missing out!!!!!

Exceptional, Beyond Perfect, and Beautiful Experience

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Maura F

My father (father of the bride) wrote this and I (bride) could not agree more. Absolutely stunning and wonderful all around! Since we lived out of state (Illinois), scouting venues for my daughter’s wedding was shaping up to be a bit of a chore. In addition, we needed to... Read More meet several requirements to fulfill her “dream wedding:” a unique setting in downtown Indianapolis for both wedding and reception. Within moments of first walking into the Mavris Art and Event Center, I had four strong impressions: 1. WOW! 2. Our search was over; 3. Our budget was shot; 4. It will be worth every penny. To specify: 1. WOW! Just WOW! 2. Our scheduled appointments to view other venues were no longer needed and were cancelled accordingly. 3. Our initial budget was never realistic anyway. 4. The Mavris exceeded all expectations. The structure itself is beautiful; the set up and design impeccable; the food delicious and exquisitely presented. The most impressive, and in my view, the most important feature, however, was the staff. Without exception, every staff member with whom I dealt was friendly, courteous, attentive to detail, and thoroughly professional. Special, very special thanks to our planner, Brittany. From day one she was exceptional. Two final thoughts: 1. We probably could have had a wonderful wedding at another venue for a lower cost. There was a lot of positive energy that day. We could not have had a better wedding at any cost anywhere else. I am absolutely convinced that having the wedding and reception at the Mavris made a great day greater. 2. My daughter’s “dream wedding” became “the best wedding ever.”