McNay Art Museum

San Antonio, TX

Capacity: Up to 300 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Add Monet, Picasso and Renoir to your guest list

The McNay Art Museum offers a unique opportunity to entertain guests in a beautiful and historic setting. Offer your guests the chance to experience an internationally renowned art collection during your reception. Dine and dance in the elegant Leeper Auditorium and enjoy the oasis of the courtyard.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Bow2010

6000 N. New Braunfels, San Antonio, TX

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Bianca F

I'm so glad that we ended up having our wedding at the Mcnay. I was a little worried when they switched Event Rental Coordinators right after I signed the contract but Elise was wonderful to work with. She was responsive to emails and phone calls and she was able to help me coordinate the lighting (which was gorgeous!!) and the chairs without any issues. Everyone at the wedding loved the courtyard and the auditorium. If you book this venue I suggest that you add lighting to the package, it really made a difference.

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Lindsey M

We used the McNay for our reception venue. It was fabulous and really wowed our guests. The stage provided a great setting for our band which really set the McNay apart from other venues. I would recommend this venue to anyone in the San Antonio area!

Simply Beautiful

Reviewed on 4/21/2012 Sierra G

My day was perfect and the decision to use the Mcnay was the best idea it was simply beautiful and everything I could have wanted

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 A L

The McNay Art Museum is an absolutely beautiful venue! Monica R. did an excellent job of assisting me throughout the process, helping me with the lighting and a/v vendors, as well as all aspects of the reception planning. I booked pretty far in advance, so would definitely recommend doing so if you're interested in the venue. I will note that a lot of items are not included in the rental price, including lighting, table and chair rentals, insurance and SAPD (if having alcohol). Good news is you can bring in your own alcohol which is a great way to save money. Also, wonderful way to utilize indoor and outdoor space, having our cocktail hour on the patio and reception inside. All of our guests loved the venue and I've never received so many compliments!

The Best Wedding Venue in San Antonio!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kathleen M

As cheesy as it may sound, I always knew I wanted to have my wedding reception at the McNay. My friends and I used to eat off-campus lunch there in high school, so I was intimately familiar with its gorgeous grounds and historic beauty. When my Big Day finally came around, I went straight to the McNay to book them for the wedding of my dreams! There are so many perks to this venue: the extensive and well manicured grounds, the gorgeousness and historic quality of the exterior of the museum, the absolutely beautiful outdoor patio space for cocktail hour, the fact that you can provide your own alcohol (what a $$ saver!) and the fact that some galleries are open for guest viewing during cocktail hour! Our guests raved about what a gorgeous setting the McNay is for a wedding reception. They are easy to work with and very accommodating, allowing me to have multiple site visits with my wedding planner in plan everything to the last detail! Also, their lighting director, John, is an absolute genius! He can truly do anything you want with the Leeper Auditorium - for us, he created a beautiful amber glow with fade into red (for behind the band area) and also hung multiple Spanish lanterns from the ceiling over the head table! It was so magical! All in all, I would definitely recommend the McNay to any bride who wants a truly gorgeous and historic wedding venue that will wow her guests!

The best wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Addie B

They were so great to work with and really helped to make my day perfect. I loved every second of my wedding and it wouldn't have been near as great if it weren't for the McNay. Bonus: It is the most beautiful place.

Spring Splendor

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Grace P

The McNay is an amazing venue for a wedding. We had our reception there with about 250 guests in attendance. The best thing about this venue is that even though the reception hall can only seat 250 there was plenty of room if more guests had come. I would definitely recommend using a day of coordinator if you choose this venue because all vendors have to be outsourced. Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous and everyone really enjoyed the art exhibits that are on display for the cocktail hour.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Laura M

This really is one of the most beautiful venues in San Antonio! I didn't spend any money on decorations because the venue doesn't need it. I just had the bare minimum in terms of flowers and linens. And the event coordinator at the McNay is so easy to work with. They do have several rules/conditions, but none of them were deal breakers by any means. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the wedding and reception were and that they were happy they got to experience that section of the McNay as they'd never had the opportunity before.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Sarah J

This place made my job easy! So beautiful!

McNay Art Museum- You get what you pay for!

Reviewed on 3/25/2013 Mari M

The McNay Art Museum was my dream venue, it was beautiful and perfect. The only negative was that every detail was "a la carte". The tables and chairs were a seperate cost, the lighting (which was beautiful) was a separate cost, and their list of preferred vendors was short. Elise, the coordinator was great. The lighting tech ran a little behind, but was done in time. That being said, the venue was perfect, and I am still receiving compliments. Truly a dream wedding venue.

Beautiful...everything

Reviewed on 11/17/2012 Melinda P

We had our reception only here. The only negative is the time crunch. We waited outside for a while before our party was allowed in, but we used that time for our private photo shoot. Families took pictures, our photog took pictures, it worked out great.

Great wedding experience @ this venue!

Reviewed on 12/16/2011 Catherine S

McNay was a GORGEOUS venue - our guests are still raving! Gloria, the McNay event coordinator, was gracious & professional in every way. She made the experience so smooth & went above and beyond the call of duty to answer questions and make special arrangements for us (we were probably more picky than most clients). Everything was perfect, we could nto have been more pleased with this venue. Our 11/19/11 wedding will be featured on the San Antonio Weddings website - check that feature for photos of the McNay in all its glory.

Beautiful....

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Caroline G

I love the McNay, it is a beautiful location for a wedding and it was so perfect for us! Gloria was very helpful and stayed with us the whole night. Since we first booked, Gloria helped us in making the experience a lot easier. It's a bit costly but it was well worth the memories.

the McNay was Amazing

Reviewed on 9/19/2011 Laura B

Gloria from the McNay was extremely nice to work with. She was very helpful, professional and responsive. The reception looked beautiful. John made the lighting look fabulous. The staff was efficient the night of and even the security guards were friendly. It was picture perfect.

SPECTACULAR VENUE

Reviewed on 7/28/2011 Taelor B

The McNay serves as the most perfect wedding venue. The grounds outside were lush and green making the perfect backdrop to an outdoor wedding. The courtyard area needed little to no decorating since it is filled with greenery, a pond, and art. The Leeper was everything I wanted...dark hardwood floors, long curtains and beautiful lighting. Overall, I loved having my wedding at the McNay. It was classy, elegant and artsy!

McNay is beautiful, but has many restrictions

Reviewed on 6/16/2011 DIANA C

I would not have chosen a different place to get married and have my reception. It was gorgeous and all of my guests loved it. There were several different areas to use, and the Leeper was a great space. Having access to the art museum was a great bonus for art lovers. There were several restrictions, though. No candles are allowed indoors (we used flameless ones). You could only use the McNay's one lighting person, which was definitely more expensive (we ended up not using any fancy lighting even though I wanted uplighting and a gobo due to the price...there is a dinner lighting setting and a darker setting for dance we used for free). No drinks are allowed in the gallery area, so when people were looking around during cocktail hour, they could not bring in their drinks. Also, because of the water restrictions (in May), the fountain had to be shut off, which means we had to shift the ceremony location....something to keep in mind. But overall, this was a great place to wed. I would recommend it even though it may be pricier than some venues.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/04/2011 Audrey T

The McNay is a wonderful place to get married. We had both our ceremony and reception there. Gloria is very professional and easy to work with. We had our ceremony by the fountain which is a phenomenal outdoor location. The auditorium can really transform into whatever look you want.

Lovely Event

Reviewed on 5/26/2011 Shannon L

Our wedding reception was held at the McNay Art Museum and we could not have been happier with the results! Gloria is wonderful to work with and can provide lots of advice when planning your event. You do have to select one of the caterers from their approved list and must use their lighting vendor, but we were happy with both. Side Notes: Do not have a separate room to have someone watch kids (if you are looking for that).

The McNay is Beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/09/2010 Jessica D

This place is absolutely gorgeous! It is so beautiful and classy. The architecture is so pretty and if you are an art fan, it makes perfect sense to have a wedding here, The staff is very professional and remained that way throughout the entire event.

beautiful location!

Reviewed on 8/31/2010 Jessica M

The McNay is a beautiful location before any flowers or lighting are even added! The courtyard is the perfect place for cocktail hour, and the Leeper auditorium makes a good blank canvas for any style of wedding. The perfect backdrop for wedding photos! But be aware: as it is a working art museum, security and event insurance must be taken into consideration. The staff at the McNay have facilitated many weddings and are very good at walking you through what needs to get done.

bridal portraits

Reviewed on 5/27/2010 Meredith T

I had my bridal portraits at the McNay, it was beautiful. The employees are sticklers so make sure you pay to get on the grounds to take your photos, and not to lean any where near any sculptures.

2010-05-28T12:14:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing the McNay as the location for your bridal portraits. We understand this is an important decision in the wedding planning process and we hope you had a pleasant experience.*NOTE- The grounds of the McNay Art Museum are open to the public... Read Less Read More

Review for McNay Art Museum

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Vanessa G

Culture and warmth of the museum courtyard and auditorium. Museum contacts are wonderful.;Venue is expensive - and all catering lighting etc. must be contracted separately.

Rating for The McNay