Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center

Twin Cities, MN

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center

A BALLROOM IN TWIN CITIES, MN

Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center is located in Twin Cities, Minnesota. This venue is known for hosting special events of all kinds and offering top of the line service for each event. It is in the heart of the city, just minutes away from cultural attractions and shopping centers. There are a number of indoor and outdoor spaces available to accommodate small or large wedding parties and this venue hosts ceremonies as well as receptions.

Coral Bay Ballroom. The Coral Bay Ballroom is the largest indoor event space at this venue. It has high ceilings and customized wall and ceiling lighting that casts a warm inviting glow. This space can accommodate up to 400 guests for a seated reception, with plenty of space for a dance floor and a DJ booth. It accommodates up to 500 guests for a standing reception or a seated reception with no dance floor.

Atlantis Ballroom. The Atlantis Ballroom can comfortably seat up to 330 guests for a reception with a dance floor. This space is also popular for indoor ceremonies, because its long rectangular shape makes it easy to create an aisle for couples to walk down. It can accommodate up to 400 seated guests for this type of traditional ceremony layout.

Garden Tent. The Garden Tent is a partially covered outdoor space. It is located on the lush lawn surrounding the buildings and it is adjacent to a well maintained flower garden. There are also mature trees and decorative shrubbery that add a sense of natural beauty to the space. This tent can seat up to 250 guests and it is available from mid April through October.

Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center provides all food and beverage services for weddings. There is a catering team on-site and this team communicates directly with couples to create a menu that suits the specific desires of their event. Buffet style or full service multi-course meals are available and there is even a kid’s menu to accommodate younger guests. This venue also provides a free menu tasting for two guests prior to the event.

This venue provides all seating for weddings. It offers 72-inch round tables, which can accommodate 10 to 12 guests each. Extra tables for cake cutting, gifts and guest check-in are also provided. Along with the tables themselves, this venue also provides black or white table linens and cloth napkins in a variety of colors. Complete place settings are also provided.

Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center is a fun and versatile venue and it provides wedding parties with a number of unique extra perks.

• Bowling alley on site
  • Arcade games available
  • Billiard tables on site
  • Complimentary guest parking
  • Security guards provided
  • Decorative chiffon draperies provided

Within The Mermaid Entertainment & Event Center

Three spectacular spaces are available for ceremonies, receptions and rehearsal dinners. Full-service catering is available on-site, featuring a wide variety of menu options and full bar services. Our “Dream Wedding” package allows you to customize your reception through elaborate a la carte options

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

2200 Highway 10, Twin Cities, MN (763) 746-2141

AMAZING

Reviewed on 4/21/2014 Jacy H

I would highly recommend the Mermaid for a wedding! They did everything absolutely perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Carol the event planner is amazing and goes above and beyond to help make everything amazing!

Michelle

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Michelle M

Go with The Mermaid. They were fabulous! The food was delicious! If you go with the Coral Bay Ballroom, you have little to no decorating to do! They have chiffon draped from the ceiling! Everyone I worked with was super helpful. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose... Read More The Mermaid in a heartbeat!

Perfect Reception site!

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Aubrey M

This was the perfect place for our wedding reception. The event coordinator we worked with, Natallia was great, the food was good, and the location was very convenient with the hotel being attached. We had our reception in the Atlantis room, large bar, high top tables, and... Read More lounge area all right in the room! The Mermaid did all of the decorating for us, we gave them the supplies and they put everything up as we specified. They also added some extra lighting touches that looked great. They were very accommodating and this is one of the few venues that lets you have the space until 1am! Don't judge a book by it's cover, it's nice than it looks from the outside.

Great ceremony/reception venue!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Janelle

The Mermaid was the perfect venue for us! We used the tent for the ceremony and the Coral Bay Ballroom for our reception, and both were just beautiful! The venue was very flexible, and Carol was the best. She was super responsive and open to all of our out-of-the-ordinary... Read More requests (vegetarian menu, no disposable barware...). She also had some great suggestions of her own. When we were touring the facility, my now husband commented that his family might leave the reception to go downstairs and play pool, and Carol came up with the idea to let us rent a pool table and move it upstairs by the ballroom. We immediately knew this was the place for us! The pool table was a huge hit, and it was so fun to go bowling after our rehearsal dinner the night before, too. We had a few issues with the AmericInn next door, but in spite of that, I would highly recommend The Mermaid to anyone. Thank you, Carol!

The Mermaid was fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Felisha K

We had the most wonderful time planning and having our wedding at The Mermaid. After a significant amount of research on weddings in the Twin Cities, The Mermaid was by far the best bang for our buck. Throughout the planning process, The Mermaid provided everything that we... Read More needed in order to make our wedding day perfect. Carol Aune was absolutely amazing! My fiancé and I was living in Pennsylvania and did about 20 months of the wedding planning long distance. Carol made the planning process easier and worked with us via email, phone and even made time to see us so we could finalize things when we were in Minnesota visiting. We moved back to Minnesota 4 months before our wedding and already had the majority of plans already set in place. The service on our actual wedding day was top notch, and our guests consistently remarked that ours was one of the best weddings they had ever been to throughout the night. The Mermaid’s staff was very attentive and professional. We also held our groom’s dinner at the Mermaid the night before and the food was delicious! Thank you, to everyone who made our day so perfect!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 Jackie C

I was a bride on a low budget, but still wanted the feel of an elegant wedding and the Mermaid delivered in spades! The chicken cordon bleu was amazing! We had Carol as our wedding coordinator and she was so patient with all my questions and changes throughout the process.... Read More She understood my vision and was with me the entire way. I must have sent her over 50 emails from the time we booked the site to the wedding day and she was always professional, personable and friendly. She explained legalities in a way that we understood. Loved her!!! One of the other reasons we chose the venue is the hotel attached. We had people come in from out of town and we hung out at the bar/restaurant/bowling alley/pool tables all weekend. There was so much to do in one location that we didn't need to go anywhere else!

Wedding Review

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Janelle J

We booked our wedding in the Mermaids tent and used Carol Aune for our coordinator. Carol and the entire staff at the Mermaid were extremely professional and friendly. I'm someone who is very detailed with my planning and their quick responses and can do attitude really made... Read More me feel comfortable with all our choices. We had both the ceremony and reception in the tent. We loved it and had a lot of compliments from our guest about the venue, food and hotel. I would recommend the Mermaid to anyone. It was a Big Bang for our buck!! Thank you!

Garden Tent

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Kaitlin S

We chose the garden tent so we did not have the typical banquet room feel, it was wonderful. The decorations came together, the food was amazing, the staff was very helpful with anything that we requested. Working with the event planner was great, she was very helpful in making... Read More sure everything was planned and organized the way we wanted it to be

: )

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Stephanie A

They did a wonderful job! My vegetarian husband was able to come up with a few selections - and they were very willing to help adjust their menu to fit his needs. They do all of the set-up - we walked in on the wedding day and everything was perfect!

Ceremony & Reception Venue

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Anita S

We held our ceremony and reception in the Atlantis Ballroom at the Mermaid Event Center. It was a beautiful venue. Natallia and the entire staff for the day were absolutely wonderful. We had many complements on the day and the food was also very good.

I had the best Wedding Coordinator from there.

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Kelly G

I would recommend this place to any one. It was beautiful everybody that worked there was so helpful.

Wedding of a Life time

Reviewed on 11/30/2011 Samantha P

I had my wedding at the mermaid and I have nothing bad to say. The staff was amazing and everything was set up so beautifully. The best part was that I was not in charge of set up of anything or clean up of anything which brought my stress level down!! I would highly recommend... Read More the mermaid for any sort of gathering. We also had our grooms dinner there and it was great for that too.

awesome venue

Reviewed on 8/05/2011 Angela S

I just had my wedding at the mermaid three weeks ago, it went perfectly. The staff is really there to make your day exactly how you envision it. I would definitely recommend checking this place out.

Stress Free Wedding

Reviewed on 6/06/2011 Ashley t

Not only was the Mermaid a beautiful venue they took all of the guess work out of the wedding. They did all of the setting up and taking down for us which gave us time to just focus on the day. The staff was very helpful and professional. Also the food was very good.

Wonderful Event Center

Reviewed on 12/22/2010 Laura H

Natalia at the Mermaid event center was amazing. She made sure to check in and was the one who set up drop off times with all my vendors. She was at the site and made sure everything from centerpieces to chaircovers were set-up and perfect so that morning I could concentrate on... Read More the important things. It was so nice to have an all in one reception and the food was better then most weddings I have been to, we are still recieving compliments!

Fabulous Venue!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Nikki B

We loved the Mermaid! The only thing we did not like about this venue was the mermaid that is on the top of the building... it is kind of tacky. But if you do your reception in the Coral Bay room, your guest don't have to see the mermaid. They do all setup and tear down for you-... Read More including things you give them to setup. The price was perfect and we had a lower budget wedding! They work with tons of other vendors. It was just the best experience and I would absolutely pick them again!

Beautiful day!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2010 Angie K

We choose the Mermaid Event Center for our reception and they did a beautiful job. Three days prior we dropped off all of the necessary hall decorations with no specific directions on what to do with them and they placed and decorated the hall just as I imagined. The food was... Read More also out of this world. I would recommend this hall to anyone.

Atlantis Ballroom

Reviewed on 10/25/2010 Alyson K

I loved the location of our wedding reception however there were a lot of small mishaps that should be taken into account if you choose this venue. 1) We paid a split plate charge to have two entrees on the buffet...but we ran out of one entree and none of the staff informed... Read More us, we found out from guests the next day. 2) My mom had to go in the kitchen and ask them to serve the cake...the staff was eating our left over food and the cake was served during our first dance so many people didn't get any because if they were not at their seat, they didn't leave a piece. 3) We hosted wine and beer...we wanted 6 kegs of beer but they only let us prepay for 4...my dad only signed for 3 kegs and towards the end of the night people were buying bottled beer...instead of asking us they just didn't tap anymore kegs. Although these are all minor details and in no way "ruined" my wedding...when it's your one and only BIG DAY...every little detail is important...so I would just be sure that you have good communication if you choose this venue otherwise you won't find out about the problems until it's too late to do anything about them!!!

Everything went perfect!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2010 Justine L

I couldn't be happier for choosing the Mermaid Event center in mounds view to have my wedding and reception at. Everyone was very helpful, when we wanted more people at the food tasting (both our parents are divorced0, they let us do it with no charge. The food was amazing!... Read More The day of, they had everything set up already decorated, just waiting for me to put the final touches on, and they even helped with that. If I didn't like something, or wanted something changed, they did it with no questions and no complaints!! Just what a bride needs on her wedding day! It was soooo cheap too! We got married on a Friday so we got a bunch of discounts and no charge for a lot of things. Totally worth it, would recommend to anyone!!

Great place

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Jesi C

I had been to this place for a few weddings before my own so I knew it was deifnitely an option right off the bat. We decided to go with them because the cash bar went towards the food and beverage minumum unlike the other place we were considering. Their food was excellent and... Read More the woman who helped us was really friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend The Mermaid.

Rating for Mermaid Event Center

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Amy H

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Rachel M

It was a package deal - food, flowers, decorations, liquor, even the honeymoon suite was all included - and they also arranged set up times with the cake company, the dj, the photographer and the florist, so I didn't have to. Everything I needed was taken care of by one... Read More person.;We had some confusion with the room block. We would advise couples with large guest books to also inquire at surrounding hotels for availability, and to make sure the guests make reservations early.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Marsha C

The venue had a great reception area. The was a nice big sitting/pre reception area for cocktails. The room was just the right size to accommidate our guests.;The wedding planners. We stated with one lady who was amazing, but then 1 month exactly before our wedding she took... Read More another job and did not tell us. We were then left to fend for ourselves. Basically we had to go back 2 years and start over with a new cordinater. One who was not trained properly and made ALOT of mistakes. She cost us an extra $600.00 at our rehersal dinner and we lost anther $300.00 at the reception. She messed up the cake, we had 3 different cheese cakes and 1 regular cake and asked that it be cut and put on a buffet table so people can take what they wanted, but instead she had servers just hand cake to people without giving the guests a choice, which defeated the point of have 4 choices for the guests.

Reviewed on 5/19/2009 Jennifer D

There was nothing that I didn't love!! The food was the best wedding food I've ever had the staff went out of their way to accomidate everything we wanted the prices were very reasonable and the room we had was absolutely PERFECT!!;Book it quick it's sure to get snapped up... Read More fast!!

Reviewed on 2/16/2009 Amber W

The on site coordinator was very easy to work with and quick to respond to any questions. The food was delicious and our appetizers were devoured. The room for the reception was spacious with a large dance floor and plenty of room for people to lounge hang out relax and have... Read More a good time. We received many compliments on this location from our guests