Book Your Wedding with Mesón Sabika

A HISTORIC VENUE IN NAPERVILLE, IL

Meson Sabika is an historic venue in Naperville, Illinois, that is a unique setting for a wedding event. Built in 1847, it sits on a four-acre landscaped estate. The beautiful facility offers numerous opportunities for memorable wedding photos, such as between the stately columns that frame the Mansion’s entrance, by the pond, under one of the many grand oak trees or by the pretty fountain in the courtyard. Just a short distance from a picturesque river walk and surrounded by pathways weaving through landscaped gardens, the Mansion has a cozy and inviting atmosphere; making any wedding a relaxed event. Meson Sabika offers different indoor and outdoor venues for a ceremony and reception.

The East Garden. This is a beautiful outdoor setting for a ceremony near the Mansion’s circular drive. Its impeccable landscape includes a grove of 150-year-old oak trees and a stunning garden. A gazebo and wrought iron arch act as the garden's centerpieces. An indoor back-up venue is available in inclement weather.

The Fountain Patio. Facing the Mansion, this paver-brick patio offers 4,000 square feet of space for a ceremony. A striking feature of the patio is the three-tiered fountain. An indoor back-up venue is available in inclement weather.

The Mansion. Either the first or second level of the Mansion can be reserved for a wedding event. It offers eight dining rooms, each of which is elegantly decorated in a European style with hand-painted murals, lace curtains and oak beams. The entire Mansion can be rented, if required, although it is only available at select dates and times. Up to 300 guests are accommodated in the Mansion.

The Pavilion. This is a fully enclosed venue that has the feel of an outdoor pavilion. Its large windows fill three sides of the venue, providing stunning views of the landscaped grounds. After passing through a breathtaking foyer, guest will enter the main room. This elegant space is decorated with 11 cut-crystal chandeliers and cream sheer fabric draped from the ceiling. The main room also includes a built-in hardwood dance floor. The Pavilion is 5,000 square feet and accommodates 330 seated guests or 400 guests for a cocktail reception with limited seating.

Meson Sabika can provide the couple with a list of recommended vendors. These include contacts for decor and design, cakes and desserts, event planning, entertainment, florists, guest accommodations, photo booths, transportation, rentals and wedding resources.

The Pavilion rental includes round guest tables, banquet chairs, white linens and napkins. Rental also includes various options for the bridal party table, accessory tables for the wedding cake, gifts, place cards and a guest book. All china, silverware and glassware is provided by the venue. Enhancements to the package can include audio-visual equipment rental, an auxiliary bar and chair removal.

The award-winning Chef Filemon Ochoa strives to create distinctive Mediterranean cuisine based on his many culinary tours in Spain. There are various menu options and each can be customized. Couples can choose from the family-style menu that Meson Sabika is renowned for, a cocktail dinner menu or plated meals and butler passed hors d’oeuvres.

A Saturday Package can either have a five-hour seated reception or a four-hour cocktail reception. The seated reception includes an open bar service for one hour with four butler passed hors d’oeuvres, beverage options during the dinner hour and a three-hour open bar service after dinner. The cocktail reception includes a continuous bar service for four hours and a food service between one-and-a-half and two hours. Food choices for a Saturday Package include three tapas menus, a traditional style menu, a combined traditional and tapas menu and a cocktail reception menu.

The beverages include a choice of beer, wine or sangria and a select or premium bar. Also included are round mirrors to decorate the Pavilion, tealight candles for the tables, complementary printed menu cards for seated meals and a complimentary self-service coffee station. Friday or Sunday packages include the same features at slightly lower prices.

For Saturday and Sunday luncheon weddings only, a Daytime Simplicity menu is available. This streamlines the choices so that guests can concentrate on enjoying more leisure time. Options include tapas—such as Patatas con Alioli or Pincho de Solomillo—and entrees that include sautéed saffron chicken and grilled tenderloin medallions.

Wedding events hosted at Meson Sabika benefit from these perks:

• A complementary ceremony rehearsal can be scheduled within two months of the wedding date
  • The auxiliary bar is complementary for bookings of over 200 guests
  • Bridal suite with private powder room available

Contact Us Today for a Custom Quote!

Elegant. Romantic. Classic. Down to earth. Unique. The Mansion offers eight elegantly decorated dining rooms featuring oak beams, lace curtains, and original architecture. You may reserve the first or second floor for an intimate wedding experience. The entire mansion is also available for select dates and times. Separated from the restaurant, the Pavilion at Mesón Sabika is a fully enclosed option for your wedding. The lushly landscaped grounds are fully visible from the towering windows that make up three sides of the venue. After being greeted by an ethereal cloud ceiling in the foyer, you will enter the main room where 11 cut crystal chandeliers grace the ceiling elegantly dressed with creamy sheer fabric.

Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Historic Venue, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1025 Aurora Ave, Naperville, IL (630) 983-3000

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Antonia K

Meson Sabika is the perfect venue!!! From the first moment that we saw Meson Sabika even before we were engaged, we knew that we wanted to have our wedding there. When you start with the amazing event coordinators, Katie and Julie to the ambiance and to the superb quality of... Read More the food. -Katie and Julie were extremely easy to work with. Both of them get back to us with any questions we had right away. My husband and I are Bulgarian and we wanted to incorporate some our traditional wedding customs during the reception and both girls went above and beyond to try to accommodate us. -The ambiance in the Pavilion is as if you are in an outdoor tent with all the windows, but instead of bugs and heat and humidity you are comfortably indoors. The ceiling draperies and amazing chandeliers bring in the fairy tale to live. -The food at Meson Sabika's large events is the same as it is at their restaurant. When you are having the kitchen prepare such large quantities of food, you assume that maybe the quality will suffer, but there is no such a thing with Meson Sabika. All of our guests could not stop talking about how amazing the food was, how great the Pavilion was!!! Katie and Julie and the team at Meson Sabika are amazing and we are so happy to have made the right choice for our wedding reception. Many Thanks, Toni and Svet

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Lauren K

Meson Sabika is a wonderful wedding venue. From the moment we toured it, we knew it was going to be the perfect place to have our wedding reception. Our primary contact was Katie and there are not enough positive words to describe her. Katie was always available to answer... Read More emails, phone calls, or meet in person to discuss even the smallest details of our wedding day. She made us feel so comfortable, stress-free, and as though ours was the only wedding she was focusing on. She made her job personal for us and we are forever grateful for her and all involved at Meson Sabika. Even the owner stopped by our wedding to congratulate and thank us for hosting our reception there. It was a fantastic evening and we received so many compliments from those in attendance. I would very highly recommend Meson Sabika to anyone looking for high quality, friendly service.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Katie V

My husband and I got married this past October and I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was with Meson Sabika! It has been one of our favorite restaurants for years and we were thrilled at the opportunity to celebrate our reception there. The pavillion and... Read More grounds are beautiful and made a lovely backdrop for pictures and for the evening. The pavillion and surrounding areas are already so gorgeous you barely need any additional decorations. The food was delicious and just as high quality made for 250 as it is when you dine at the restaurant. Our family and friends are STILL talking about how good the food was and how many options we had. Many people have told me it's the best food they've ever had at a wedding. The late night taco bar was a huge hit!! It was also one of the most financially friendly places we looked at, which made the whole experience even better! Julie is/was/forever shall be AMAZING!! She answered all of my emails/questions/calls promptly and was so helpful and reassuring throughout the whole process. Her attitude is amazing and it was more like working with a friend who is genuinely invested in making sure the day is perfect. She even showed up and guest bar tended for a bit at our wedding! The quality service absolutely extends beyond your wedding day and really helps show how much Meson Sabika appreciates the people who choose to celebrate their weddings there. My husband and I received a gift certificate in the mail several months later inviting us to celebrate our first anniversary at Meson Sabika and when we went there for Valentine's Day we ran into Julie (and several other recently married Meson Sabika couples!) and she gave us our first drinks complimentary. Overall, it was an amazing experience and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding or venue. I would HIGHLY recommend Meson Sabika for an absolutely incredible wedding experience that you and your guests will be talking about for a long time to come.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jennifer M

The staff at Meson Sabika was always super helpful and friendly, and we had a great experience working with them for our wedding reception! They were so flexible in making sure that we met our budget all while keeping us on track for day-of minimums and keeping costs low where... Read More we wanted them. Beautiful location, and it was so meaningful to my now-husband and I that we had our reception there. Thank you so much Meson staff!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Abby D

Julie at Méson Sabika was an absolute joy to work with! The process was stress free and they accommodated every need that we had. I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. People are still talking about how good the food was and how beautiful the venue is.... Read More The gardens in the summer and the mansion make for a beautiful photo backdrop. Highly recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Brendan G

Meson Sabika was willing to accommodate my every request - from a sweetheart table, to an additional bar for my large wedding party, to providing milk shooters for my late-night snack - Oreos! Guests raved about the food as well as the ambiance of the venue. It is breathtaking... Read More and I wouldn't have wanted my reception anywhere else!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Irma R

Katie and Julie were very responsive from day 1. Anytime my husband and I had a question they were readily available and accommodating. We loved this venue because it was different. We wanted great food and drinks and Meson Sabika delivered. The Pavillion is beautiful and... Read More elegant. We definitely felt we got an awesome deal. Our guests could not stop talking about how great the tapas and venue were.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Thomas L

We worked closely with Julie from Meson Sabika and were treated like royalty from our initial meeting through reception and followup after. The staff was attentive, polite, and quick to change from ceremony to reception setting in no time flat! I could not have asked for a more... Read More beautiful venue. Highly recommend tapas family style dinner. Portions were generous and incredibly delicious with plenty of variety! Will definitely use them again for events in the future!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Megan G

We got married (ceremony and reception) in the pavilion of Meson Sabika one week ago today! I wanted a unique venue that wasn't just a banquet room of a hotel. The pavilion at Meson Sabika was the perfect location. The glass windows on three sides were perfect and because of... Read More the date (12-31) there were still white lights outside in the trees, making for the perfect ambiance. As soon as we got engaged, on 12-31-15, I started looking for unique venues that were available on 12-31-16 since I knew I wanted to get married on New Year's Eve. When we went to visit the venue on 1-9-16, we booked on the spot. Not only is it more reasonably priced than anywhere else in the Chicagoland area, but we knew after meeting with Julie that day, that she was someone we could spend the next year planning with. Like all other reviews have said, Julie and Katie respond extremely promptly to every email sent. Sometimes within minutes and even on the weekends! I felt like I asked a million questions and every single time, they answered pleasantly and promptly. We met with Julie a few weeks before the wedding to talk through details and we felt that she was extremely thorough and on top of everything. We had hired a day of coordinator and the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly we never even had to worry about a thing. The head banquet person had met with Julie and was aware of all of the specific things about our day. We were able to change our head count even a few days before the wedding when an additional guest was added. The food was awesome and we had so many compliments since it was not your typical chicken or beef meal that you usually get at a wedding. We chose the tapas menu, but added and substituted a few things without a problem. The banquet staff was fabulous and kind to us and all of our guests. It was the perfect place to have a wedding and the perfect place to ring in the new year. We appreciate everything that every employee did to make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 colleen y

Meson Sabika was an absolute dream. We worked alongside Julie Bell and her colleague Katie for wedding planning purposes-- they were both incredible but we did mainly work with Julie. We had a gorgeous reception and wedding photo shoot at Meson Sabika and the surrounding... Read More pavilion. The staff members were patient, professional, and kind. There were a few hiccups regarding a deluxe sweets table that didn't turn out as planned, but Meson Sabika corrected this mistake professionally, graciously & were just plain lovely about making things right with us. Julie called us this morning, just two days after our event, to check on us and to make sure we were happy with our experience. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for the perfect combination between small/intimate restaurant reception and spanish glamour/ballroom reception. It was PERFECT. Lots of love! -The Kleigers

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Kelly K

Our wedding at Meson Sabika could not have gone smoother!!!! The events team, Julie and Katie, are amazing, super responsive, chipper, flexible, and helpful! They are so open and approachable that I always felt I could reach out to them with any questions or ideas, and on top of... Read More that, I got a response within 24 hours every time. They are so organized and made the day perfect down to every last detail. I would recommend Meson Sabika to ANYONE because we are so very happy with how special our day was! Also, the food is absolutely amazing-everyone complimented us on how unique and filling the food was!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Erin W

My wedding was truly magical. I am still reeling by how amazing everything was. (almost a week ago). Several of our guests were coming up to us throughout the wedding and for days after exclaiming that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to! I think the excellent food had... Read More a lot to do with it! My favorite thing about having my wedding in the Pavilion was the big open windows. So many banquet halls feel like dark dank caves, but the Pavilion has large windows through which you could see trees and the garden. It really makes a huge difference. Our ceremony was in the garden just east of the Mansion, and it was even more beautiful than I had pictured. The grounds are so gorgeous, and made for great pictures! As for the planning process, Katie and Julie were super helpful the entire time. They always got back to me quickly and answered my questions thoroughly. Meeting with them was always a delight, and they made the planning process EASY and enjoyable. The ceremony and reception both ran very smoothly. I do not have one critique! Our wedding was a little unique in that we had several small children in attendance, about 10 between the ages of 1 and 12. They have great children's menu options, and were willing to let me use the bridal ready room as the "kids" room. I was so happy that they were so accommodating to our friend's kids. They are special to us, and we wanted them treated well! Other venues are not so kid-friendly, but Meson Sabika was wonderful to us and our little guys :)

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kristyn H

This venue was a dream come true for our wedding on 09/09/16. The before planning stages went so smoothly thanks to the wonderful event coordinator, Julie Bell. Meson really thought of every detail perfectly. The backdrop of the beautiful grounds and mansion was amazing in our... Read More pictures. The reception pavilion was so beautiful. The chandeliers and drapery made the ambience exactly what we wanted for our wedding. The food was out if this world and the wait staff was amazing. I would definitely recommend this venue for any upcoming wedding! Kristyn & Andrew Heitzman

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Brittney T

Our 260 person wedding reception was 9/2/2016 at Meson Sabika and everything was amazing. I worked with Julie through planning and she was remarkable. Everything seemed SO easy and the reception went so smoothly. The staff was very attentive to us and our guests. People are... Read More still talking about how great the food and drinks were as well as how beautiful the atmosphere was! I would not have wanted my big day to take place anywhere else!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Mary D

From the first time we met with Julie up until the day of the wedding, we enjoyed every moment. Julie and Katie were extremely helpful every step of the way, constantly answering my dozens of random emails and questions, and giving me great advice when I needed it. Julie was... Read More even there at the beginning of the our reception to make sure everything was good for us. They were so willing to work with us and make sure we stuck to the budget we were working with. You can definitely have an affordable yet gorgeous wedding here. Our guests have still not stopped talking about how beautiful the venue was, how delicious the food was, and how friendly the staff was. The outside of the building is just stunning-- the landscaping all around was the perfect setting for our photos in between. The day was absolutely perfect, and we are so happy we chose Meson Sabika. I wish we could relive the day over again! Thanks so much to Julie and Katie!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Phil A

Meson Sabika was amazing! Not only is the pavilion/banquet room absolutely stunning, the staff is so accommodating and catered to the bride and grooms needs all evening! Our event consultant, Katie, and Event coordinator, Bianca, were so easy to talk to and made sure every... Read More detail we wanted was taken into account. The servers and bartenders at our wedding were very attentive and served us whatever we needed when we needed it! We couldn't be more thrilled with how smooth the night went and that is all thanks to Meson Sabika and their staff! Lastly, did I mention the food?! If you have not been to Meson Sabika, make a trip over there and try it for yourself as you will easily see what I am talking about...amazing! 10 out of 10!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Erin P

We had our rehearsal dinner at Meson Sabika last week and it was perfect! The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. Very easy to work with and they were accommodating to our food selections by changing the package around for us. Great place!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Natalie O

AMAZING! My husband and I had dined at Meson Sabika many times before selecting the location for our wedding reception. It was always in the back of our minds that our reception would be held there and I am so glad it was. We worked primarily with Julie, who was simply amazing.... Read More She answered emails so fast, offered tons of help and assistance and really made sure you feel confident and prepared going into the wedding day. I was mostly worried about not being able to set up the reception the day of but I provided detailed directions and they were followed so well. We received so many compliments on the staff, the food (so much food!) and the beautiful grounds. I couldn't have asked for better service or team to have worked with. Thank you Meson!!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Ali M

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Meson Sabika and I cannot express how amazing and flawless it was! Julie and Katie were fantastic to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process and the staff during our reception was amazing! I have received... Read More numerous compliments from our guests regarding this venue from the atmosphere to the food. Choosing Meson Sabika as our wedding venue was one of the best decisions we could have made and I couldn't recommend them more!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Sara N

We had our ceremony and reception at Meson Sabika on 6/10/16 and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. We worked primarily with Julie during the planning process. She was awesome and patiently answered my 1 million questions! They were also great about letting us... Read More drop off decorations, cake, etc the day before and making sure everything was set up perfectly. The staff there is amazing and went out of their way to make us feel special. Even the owner came over to congratulate us. All of our guests loved the food, even the notoriously picky ones! I'm so sad that it's over and want to go back and do it again! Meson Sabika just made everything easy and it was so appreciated. I would recommend them to anyone and can't wait to go back to celebrate special dinners and anniversaries.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Justine L

Our wedding at Meson Sabika could not have been better. The food is outstanding! We received so many compliments on how delicious it was. Katie and Julie were so awesome to work with. They would answer all of my emails (and I sent a lot) almost immediately. They made... Read More everything so much less stressful. The staff there was also great. Our bartenders and waiters were very attentive and polite. It is also just an absolutely beautiful spot. We had our ceremony and reception there and both were amazing. I can't recommend Meson Sabika enough! You will not regret choosing this as your venue!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016

We had a very small ceremony and private lunch at Meson Sabika for our wedding and it was perfect! The food, is awesome. Just go for lunch and thats what you will get for your wedding. So delicious and theres nothing better than a wedding with good food. The events coordinators... Read More are so easy to work with. They respond quickly to emails and were very accommodating to any changes we wanted to make (within reason of course). They wait staff was awesome and also very accommodating. The restaurant pretty much let us explore all around the grounds outside and upstairs to take pictures. It was a great day and I am so happy we chose them for our venue!

Outstanding food, outstanding value!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We are so thankful we chose Meson Sabika as our reception venue! Our contact, Julie, was kind and attentive to our needs, and the staff was just wonderful. And the food! Our guests are still talking about how amazing it was. It was an excellent value for the suburbs - we had our... Read More reception on a Sunday, which was an even better value. You won't be disappointed!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

The service was impeccable and we knew this was the place as soon as we walked in. Katie williams was amazing and saw everything through for us ensuring everything was perfect. I'd recommend meson sabika to anyone

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We had our fabulous wedding at this beautiful venue. Everything was perfect from the beginning with the event planners, Katie and Julie, to the day of with the banquet staff. The food was also amazing and service was superb! I would recommend this spot to anyone looking for... Read More an absolutely magical time!

Meet The Events Director

Julie and Katie

Julie and Katie have worked as a team for over four years – they believe that one of the reasons they work so well together is their close friendship outside of the office. Both care deeply about the people they work with and value the relationships they build with their clients. Katie’s quirky passion for color-coding comes in handy with planning all the details of your party. Julie's passion for food and the Spanish culture helps create the best package for your event needs. They share their knowledge and experience with each other ensuring that each event gets a truly personalized approach.