Passionate about Perfection

Congratulations on your engagement, and making progress in planning your special day! Messina's Catering and Events has been serving the New Orleans area for over 50 years. We work closely with our clients on a individual basis...no wedding is the same! We are here to help you reflect your passions, taste and personality into your wedding menu. Our experienced staff is dedicated to delivering first class service, and our award winning culinary team can tailor any menu to fit your needs. It's your wedding day and you want it to be perfect...we get it! Passionate About Perfection...Committed to Excellence!

Cuisine

Cajun, Southern, Southwestern, American, Italian, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

2717 Williams Blvd., Kenner, LA (504) 469-7373
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Pattie W

My daughter was recently married in New Orleans. She and her fiancé planned most of it themselves but I was given the task of finding a caterer. I am so glad I found Messina's! From the beginning, Lydia could not have been better to work with. She was very responsive to my... Read More emails and worked tirelessly to create the best menu that fit within our budget. We arranged a "walk through" a few days before the event. Not only was Lydia present, but Mr. Messina and another staff member came as well! I highly recommend Messina's!

2017-04-03T14:22:46 Response from the vendor

We really appreciate the great feedback! Rachel and Dave's Wedding was amazing! We take pride in our family business and are passionate that each event exceeds your expectations. Thanks again for including us in your Special Day!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Courtney K

Planning a destination wedding is a stressful event. Next to our location, the second most important element of our wedding was food. Not being familiar with caterers in New Orleans was terrifying. Luckily, our second meeting on our tasting tour changed the game for us. We... Read More had the pleasure of meeting Stacey Messina and her crew at Messina’s catering. The food options we tasted were not just good, the were true restaurant quality. As we went through we explained to Stacey and her chef that we really wanted to create an authentic NOLA event for our out of town guests that they would never forget. The more we talked about crazy ideas, the more excited Stacey became! It seemed like there wasn’t anything we could throw at her that couldn’t be done. Needless to say, we secured them immediately. Leading up to our big day, the last thing I worried about was the catering. Communication was effortless. We had so many special requests, from a serve yourself top, top shelf bar of personally selected bourbons and scotches, to the MOB changing her mind weekly about her specialty cocktail-every request was granted in the sweetest way. Due to unexpected rain the day of our event, Stacey and her crew of amazing magicians transformed our outside event into a blend of indoor food stations and indoor and under tent seating. They went above and beyond, passing small portions of plated items throughout the crowd all night long. Our surprise guest of the evening was a whole grilled alligator with all sorts of alligator sausages and grilled meat. I don’t know what was better, it or the chargrilled oysters?? Everyone was in awe! The drinks flowed, the food never stopped and we all had the time of our lives. There wasn’t a single item we would have changed on the menu. It was all that good! At the end of the night, Stacey packed up a big box of goodies to take back to our hotel with us. We now joke that when we go back to New Orleans, we want Messina’s to cook for us again! At the very least, we must take Stacey out for a thank you cocktail next time we visit! Don’t waste your time looking at others. Call Messina’s first!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Jocelyn D

Look no further! We used Messina's for our wedding at Race and Religious and the food and overall experience was incredible. The minute we met Stacey my husband and I both felt like we had known her for years. I wanted a caterer to impress my guests (coming from Canada) and my... Read More husbands side (from New Orleans) . I was successful! Not only did my guests rave about the food but the New Orleanians were walking up to me all night telling me it was the best gumbo they have ever tasted! I wish I could post pictures to show how beautiful the food presentation was too! Stacey and her son Andrew were amazing to work with! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017

My wedding reception at Messinas was more than I had ever dreamed! my sister had her reception there in 1998 and 18 years later we made beautiful memories! The food was a hit with everyone and absoloutely nothing went wrong we had multiple meetings with the staff to make sure... Read More everything was perfect and Stacey was very understanding and always did everything she could to make my special day very special- with succeess! On top of the wonderful service its affordable, I reccomend Messinas to everyone for any event and I will be back !

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Sarah B

Ahhhh! I can’t say nice enough things about Messina’s! For starts, they were so easy going and accommodating when we asked to schedule a tasting during a very jam packed wedding planning trip a year out. They worked with our schedule. Lydia walked us through the menu while we... Read More gobbled up the amazing options. My fiancé and I walked away knowing they were the ones for us. Over the months of planning I worked with Lydia, and I emailed and talked on the phone on probably what would be considered a pretty irregular basis it was so frequent. She was always quick to answer my questions and guide me through the most stressful part of our wedding planning, food and booze! She was also so helpful as I started to realize I needed little extra things here and there (a bartender, a flip between ceremony and reception, napkins, cake cutting set up, etc). They were amazing to work with on the planning process. Cut to the wedding day, when I arrived at the venue they setting up. I was so happy to see that the person I had been working with, Lydia, was there! She had the foresight to check out the tables that were being used during the reception and realized they were going to be too complicated to try to assemble during the cocktail hour and started putting them together in the carriage way. I’m so glad she checked on them at that time and was able to come up with a plan to make sure they got out quickly! After the ceremony, lydia and the gang were quick to get me a drink to calm my jitters before we started taking pictures. The “small bites” were served during cocktail hour and man were they good. Me and one of my bridesmaids repeatedly left conversations to go sneak another. For the remainder of the night Lydia would check in with me to ask me if I needed a drink, see if I was ready to do the next thing, and make sure we were happy. After the wedding boxes of food were made for us to take home including some cake, and our topper. A few days later we received a sweet email from Lydia wishing us the best. On top of having stellar food, the service they provided, particularly Lydia, for us was out of this world. I would use Messina’s ten times over. Thank you guys SO much!💕

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Jen C

I wish I could give more than 5 stars!! Lydia and her team were amazing throughout the whole wedding planning process! Our wedding was October 7th, 2017, originally scheduled as an evening wedding, however Hurricane Nate and the curfew resulted in the need for last minute... Read More changes in plans. Every time I spoke to Lydia on the day before the wedding, she was calm, supportive, and had a solution to any weather-related issue that had come up. Despite having to move the wedding up several hours, everything went off beautifully. The food was EXCELLENT, I'm still getting comments from guests about how much they enjoyed it!! Lydia and her team were attentive, helpful, and worked hard to make sure our day was everything we wanted. I absolutely recommend Messina's for any NOLA area catering needs!

2017-10-30T15:26:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for sharing! We adored working you! Planning and executing your wedding around Hurricane Nate will be one for the books! We are SO happy you chose us to cater your special day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Keith K

I wish words did not fail this attempt at expressing our gratitude to Messina's for making our wedding reception uniquely special. We cannot name all of the great things they did for us. They are talented, organized, prepared, creative, dedicated, smart, experienced, fun, funny,... Read More and solution-oriented. They clearly and quickly communicate. On May 20, 2017, my wife and I got married in New Orleans. Neither of us are from NOLA. Pretty much we had 200 people come to the wedding from everywhere but New Orleans. We knew if people were going to spend a bunch of money to travel we needed to hit all three parts of the reception criteria out of the park: 1) food, 2) booze, and 3) music. Messina's carried the food and provided (along with Wayward Owl Brewery) an amazing environment for a fun and memorable reception. We knew we were going to choose Messina's from day 1. We flew into NOLA to do tastings with 6 caterers in a weekend. 4 of them were on one day. Stacey and Chef Mark met us and designed a menu based upon our prior communications. It was excellent. We had 2 close friends with us during our test run. We did not (on purpose) disclose one of them was gluten intolerant. Stacey and her team immediately accommodated and provided a delicious meal. The food, service, and ability to deal with the unpredictable won our business. We went back a month or so later with my (now) wife's mother. Stacey and Mark offered to provide another tasting. It made it a special trip for my wife and her mother. More important, they took our comments and discussion from the first tasting and created custom (off-menu) items for our second tasting and reception. As we were planning the wedding remotely, Stacey provided our boots on the ground. She arranged for tents, chairs, tables, staffing, and amazing food! She really served as an uncompensated wedding coordinator. For planning purposes, they met us at the site of the reception three times before the wedding. On the day of the wedding, the food was amazing and the bartenders briskly provided attentive/enthusiastic service. We even had fresh grilled oysters, bananas foster bread pudding made with croissants, and a beignets station. The charcuterie table was a work of culinary art. Chef Mark is a genius. He heard me mention I like chorizo; so, he made an appetizer with chorizo. My wife loves a particular ginger beer for Moscow mules - it was there. We felt like Messina's was having as much fun creating as we did consuming. Throughout the process, as with any wedding, Stacey's team helped us deal with unanticipated obstacles. Messina's greets challenges with solutions. For example, shortly before the wedding, due to some regulatory concerns, we learned we were required to have our liquor and wine off premises. Stacey and her team created a tented outdoor cocktail lounge. It was a hit! In sum, they customize your experience for you. Your reception is not trapped inside the four corners of a menu, contract, or some policy. They want your special day to be YOUR special day. People still rave about the food. I hear from people who did not attend, but who have heard about our wedding from other people. I get it; everyone will tell you your wedding is great. However, when people talk to people other than you about your wedding, you know you hit a home run. Messina's exceeded our high expectations. They were like the helpful and fun Aunt -- they are like family. We cannot thank them enough.

2017-10-30T15:28:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review! You are like family to us! We were so happy to cater your special day!!! Please let us know the next time you are in NOLA!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Courtney M

My husband and I got married at Messina’s in January and it was perfect! Lydia was such a big help and and the staff was great!

2017-10-17T09:00:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Sonja H

My husband and I picked Messina’s for our wedding last year, and it was the best choice we could have made. Our guests loved the food and are still talking about it. Stacey is amazing and always responded to our emails or calls within 24 hours or sooner. It was very important to... Read More include both of our cultures which involved New Orleans cuisine and Ethiopian food. Messina’s provided the New Orleans food, and we provided the Ethiopian food. We didn’t have to worry about finding separate chafing dishes etc. for the food we provided Messina’s took care of it all. After months of planning, we wanted to make sure we had an opportunity to taste the food, so Stacey recommended a sweetheart dinner immediately after the ceremony. That was the smartest decision because it allowed us to be alone for a little bit and also enjoy the fantastic food. I would recommend Messina’s and would work with them again.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 David P

On July 22 2017, we had my daughter Quinceanera party here. Prior to the event I was privelaged to meet some of the staff and chefs at Messina's. The staff are bright, friendly hardworking people who made such a special night come together without any hitches and made it a... Read More night we all will never forget. The setting is quite lovely and spacious. One of the dishes we had that I highly recommend is the Cuban Style pulled pork, it was amazing!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Ashley M

My sister had her rehearsal dinner here and everything was beyond perfect! I have not one complaint about our whole experience and every single guest was very in love with the location. Thank you for being so great to us!!

2017-05-16T13:54:47 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We appreciate your kind thoughts and will pass this on to the team!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 WANDA K

Rehearsal Dinner for 50 people in the upstairs Maria Isabel room. Everything was perfect! The food was delicious, the room was elegant, and service was great! We had the microphone available for speeches and TV set up for a video. Our elder relatives were able to use the lift... Read More chair to get upstairs. Jeff and Brad went out of their way to make sure all went smooth that night! Lydia was awesome taking care of organizing and making sure all was ready for that night! We were very pleased! Thank You! Michael and Wanda Kelly

2017-04-14T09:43:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts! Our team works very hard to please our clients!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Megan G

Messina's catered a surprise Birthday Party we hosted for my Dad. They did an amazing job! From showing up early to make sure everything was set up properly to even bringing extra supplies incase we forgot something we were responsible for, Messina's went the extra step to... Read More ensure our party was less stressful for me and a night to remember for my Dad. I highly recommend their services for anything and everything, whether it is a big event such as a Wedding or a smaller intimate gathering. Their food and professionalism is sure to impress your guests.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Katrina A

Messina's is a great place to host a wedding, wedding reception or party. We chose to do an all-in-one wedding/reception and everything was spot on perfect. I was very skeptical at the beginning and throughout because I could not picture the space being large enough. It was... Read More more than adequate and accommodated our guests perfectly. The food was delicious. The staff was ideal--Lydia, Bradley, and Brandon all were exceptional in their individual roles! I would highly recommend Messina's to anyone working with a small budget but looking for big value! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Isabela C

My wife and I got married in the French Quarter, and Messina's Catering provided the food for the reception (about 50 guests). From beginning to end, the experience was fantastic. We met with them several months before the wedding for a tasting and start getting ideas for the... Read More menu. It was actually a little tough to choose because everything we tried was really good. Service during the reception itself was perfect, and the delivery to the location was right on time. And of course, most importantly, everybody really enjoyed the food! Highly recommended.

Superb Service + Delicious Food

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Marybeth R

Messina's provided outstanding service and food for our wedding. They worked very hard with me in creating a personalized menu. I'll be honest in saying we didn't consider all the costs that go into catering, and we weren't expecting to spend as much as we did; however, we... Read More certainly do not regret it!

Delicious food and great service

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Laura

Not only did our guests rave about how wonderful the food was throughout the night, but they also said that the service was great too. One guest even said they go to many parties and had never seen such attentive staff before. My husband and I were particularly impressed (and... Read More grateful) that they had a private dining room set up for us before we had to enter the reception. We requested a small plate a food, but they had an entire spread with drinks and all! I highly recommend them!

People are still talking about the food...

Reviewed on 2/19/2015 Lea K

4 months later and people are still talking about how excellent the food was at our wedding. From the oyster station to the passed apps to the customized kale salad, short rib and flounder oscar entrees and dessert bar, Messina's went above and beyond. Every idea I brought to... Read More them they worked with me to make it happen, for a fair price. Highly recommend.

Awesome Service and Food

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Carrie F

Originally we were going to hahe they offer more for the same amount if you use their location. Everyone in attendance is still raving about the food. The marinated crab claws, artichoke balls, boiled shrimp and crab cake apps appear to be the crowd favorites from our... Read More reception. The price also included the wedding cake from Gambino's and a DJ that was fantastic and an open bar. The price and quality can't be beat. They had staff assigned to the bride and groom for whatever we needed. They are a class act!

Pricey

Reviewed on 4/16/2014 Amber R

Wasn't to happy with the food list and pretty pricey.

Wonderful service

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Malaika S

My husband and I chose Messina's to cater our wedding reception. We give them major points for their professionalism and excellent service! We received many compliments on how tasty the food was and how well it was presented. From the tasting to the big day, the staff at... Read More Messina's put a lot of thought and care into their work. They were also very flexible about working within our budget.

Exquisite New Orleans Caterering

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Victoria P

WOW!!!!!!! From the food to the service to the specialty cocktails and much more every detail was knocked out of the park by Messina's Catering! My menu was designed specifically to our taste. A few of our favorite items included the crab stuffed mushrooms, seafood station, and... Read More pasta station. Each station brought its own flare and taste to the menu! The Messina's Catering staff made us feel like royalty! Our guest complimented us on choosing Messina's as our caterer. The food and service was enjoyed by all during the reception! Thank you Messina's for helping to make our day so special!

Best Catering In New Orleans Area !!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2013 Bambi P

Messina's is by far the number one choice in catering, not only is the food excellant, that keeps your guest going back for more !!! The personal service that you receive from the start of your wedding plans to the final minute before the lights go out is extraordinary. The... Read More staff is so helpful and truly captures your daughter vision, they spend the time to get to know you. Being a family business they understand how important this special time means to you. I was glad to work with everyone at Messina's! They made my experience effortless and most of all my guest and the BRIDE AND GROOM had the time of their lives!!! Thanks Messina's!!!

Great food, first class service and beautiful presentation!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Lauren M

I had Messina's cater my wedding reception off-site and everything was perfect! The food was not only absolutely delicious, but the presentation was stunning! Kristin was such a great help with everything. Her and the rest of the staff truly went above and beyond. I had multiple... Read More tastings with Kristin and went back and forth with the menu quite a few times and she was so sweet and helpful with me. I had a "destination wedding" for more than half of my guests so I wanted to have a true New Orleans experience for my guests when it came to the food. Messina's hit the nail on the head! From the Gumbo, to the Shrimp n grits bar, to the seared tuna carving station, it was outstanding!! They were on top of their game and made sure everything was full at all times and kept the room clear of dirty dishes! I highly recommend Messina's catering! Such a pleasant to work with!

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Shannon D

A company like Messina’s is difficult to come by – particularly because they tailor their service to you. Kristin, the marketing director, became like family to me. She was so friendly and willing to help. In fact, when I met her, I automatically trusted her. I stumbled upon... Read More Messina’s through a recommendation by my sister-in-law, and I am so happy that I listened to her. When I first planned my wedding, I wanted Arabic food since my family is Lebanese. Messina’s put together a tasting menu full of Lebanese and Greek food that was varied, delicious, and elegant. But as an indecisive woman, I decided to change my mind after the first tasting to have New Orleans/Cajun food to cater to my guests. And let me just say, Kristin and the chef, Travis, did not hesitate to accommodate me. They put together a second tasting, again – the food was impeccable. They offer a wide selection of dishes from almost any cuisine. If you ask, I guarantee they will find a way to make it happen for you! I wish I could copy and paste the email correspondence between Kristin and me. I would change my mind about menus, ask about costs, inquire about my vegetarian guests – and all of my concerns were handled by her in a timely manner and with such an understanding attitude. I even asked if her company could cut and serve my wedding cake that was not provided through them; without hesitation, Kristin was happy to help. Brides, they completely understand that food and drinks are one of the most important aspects to weddings. And please listen to me when I say that they handled everything. You are to be stress-free on your wedding day. For brides that are concerned about budget, Kristin will help you! You will not have to sacrifice wonderful service and presentation nor a tasty menu selection; this company will help you find the right balance for your budget. Leading up to the wedding, Kristin and her staff visited the venue with me. Since I am not in the catering business, I wanted them to figure out the best set up. And they did. The food stations and bars were placed in the perfect places. They really think about the food (if its hot vs. cold) and where those items should be. Kristin will also ask about your timing preferences. (Do you want your guests to eat when they arrive? When would you like to cut and serve the cake?) She is organized and ensures that what you want is not only heard, but it gets done! The day of my wedding – I did not have one single complaint or worry. When I arrived at the reception venue, my guests were already eating and drinking. The wait staff was timely and efficient. And the menu was OUTSTANDING. People always brag that the food was delicious at their wedding – but I cannot even count the amount of guests that came up to me and complimented their dishes (lamb chops, pork roast, cucumber bites, crab cakes, shrimp and grits, even their salad dressing was awarded many compliments!) In fact, MONTHS after my wedding, I still get compliments on their food. Not only did my husband and I get our own “honeymoon” package of food, but we were asked several times throughout the night if we needed anything. Several plates of food and drinks were handed to me by Messina’s staff that night. I wish I could sit down with every bride and communicate to them in person how wonderful this company is. Messina’s went above and beyond for my wedding day. You will be treated like family with Messina’s; they work to make their clients happy.

Messina's Catering and Events

Celebrating over 50 years, Messina's specializes in creating customized weddings and events. Messina's will work with you every step of the way to ensure your special day is one to remember. Dedicated to creating the perfect menu that reflects your personal style and tastes.