1171 6th St NW, Rochester, MN

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Jenna S

I got my wedding dress, bridesmaids, and tuxedos through Mestads. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the product as well as the exceptional service. Highly recommend Mestads for a one of a kind experience! Thank you :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Kristy R

Fantastic. I had been to three other Bridal stores before finally purchasing my wedding gown at Mestads. I actually left the store and went to lunch to make sure the dress exactly what I wanted. They did not once make me feel pressured to make a purchase. The store was... Read More beautiful, and they have a great range of gowns in multiple price points. My dress is exactly what I wanted, and I am so happy Mestads was able to help me find it! My experience here was perfect from the moment I walked in the door. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Molly V

I bought my beautiful Pronovias bridal gown and veil from Mestads. It was the first salon I had shopped at and I bought the first dress I tried on. The sales rep was very nice and helpful. She offered great suggestions for me to try on to augment what I had picked to try on.... Read More The vail came in on time as I was told. The dress was a month and a half late. When I called in about the timing and whereabouts of my dress a representative from the store called Pronovias and found out about the status and then called me back to inform me. I was very pleased about that effort she put in to find out about my dress. I had made plans to rent tuxes through a Mestads location in the Twin Cities for my September wedding. That location closed in July. I was never called about the closure (they said I should have been called) but found out about it online. Upon communication with the Rochester location, they offered to provide free delivery service to my wedding in the Twin Cities (usually has a small charge). While that was a very nice gesture it would have been hard for me to return all of the guys' tuxes to Rochester after the wedding. So we rented tuxes through another company.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Tara M

We had a slight hiccup with bowties that was resolved quickly, though otherwise had excellent service with Mestads for both bridesmaids dresses and tuxes. It is great they have a warehouse locally. Great customer service.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Christina M

I don't give many reviews on Yelp but wanted to give Mestad's a review. First let me say that I have been shopping at Mestad's for over 15 years. All of my bridesmaid dresses and Prom dresses have come from here and they are simply the best! This is a family owned business with... Read More years of experience. I was recently shopping for my Bridal gown and wanted to start with Mestad's when I was back in Rochester visiting family. I was so unbelievably satisfied with the service I received and with the selection of dresses. Barbie assisted me and she was amazing! She was respectful of my budget and pulled many dresses for me to try on. She was honest about what looked good and what didn't, she truly wanted me to find the perfect dress! She was patient and fun to be around. After around 20 dresses she pulled one she liked (but I didn't), she encouraged me to try it on and explained why she felt it would look good on me. I put it on and couldn't believe it- it was the dress! I knew right away, she smiled and all of my bridesmaids & my mom started to tear up! It was truly a special magical moment. I felt like I was on the TLC show "Say yes to the dress" and I was saying yes! :) That being said, I was traveling from Colorado and my wedding isn't until April 2017. I walked away without the dress. Barbie was very professional about her follow up and wasn't pushy at all. In the end, I found the exact dress closer to home in Colorado. I wanted to avoid shipping and can do alterations here. I will never forget my experience though and will be forever thankful to Barbie and Mestad's for helping me find my dream gown. I lived in Rochester for 27 years and know the area well. Mestad's should be your first shop and most likely your last. I am surprised that they have received a few bad reviews and think you should make up your own mind about them!

Loved my dress

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Samantha T

I went to Mestad's Bridal last November to shop for my wedding dress because Rochester was a good halfway meeting place to go dress shopping with family and friends. The experience at the store was great, and I found multiple dresses that I really liked, but one was just right!... Read More We got good service at the salon, they let me pick what I was interested in, and my dress ended up coming in earlier than expected. The reason I'm giving 4 stars has to do with the fitting and recommendations I received after the dress arrived. They recommended I get a size 10, which was larger than what I tried on in the store originally. The 8 fit in the store and I feel like I was talked into buying the 10 based on their measurements. I was fine with it until it came in and was quite a lot bigger than I expected and would have to get it altered. Not being from around the area, they recommended the place next door for alterations, which ended up being a NIGHTMARE (let's just say my mom was sewing and altering my dress the night before my wedding). Again, not Mestad's fault, but I wish they knew the kind of business that is being run next door and not to recommend it to their brides. Otherwise, they have a nice selection, reasonable prices, and nice staff.

Fantastic service!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

We had our tuxes delivered to the rehearsal the day before the wedding! The lady was right on time but we had several tuxes that didn't fit and they didn't have replacements so she went out of her way to deliver the custom ones the next morning! The wedding day! It worked out... Read More great and I didn't have to worry about it! My husband is still raving about the gray tuxes we chose. All the men looked so sharp! Mestads had all around great service and selections

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Taryn A

I had a great experience with Mestads! It began with my wedding dress shopping--the consultant we had was lively, fun, helpful and really made the experience a blast! I loved every dress I found and had no problem selecting the perfect dress. They worked with us to offer... Read More discounts on pricing, and were very accommodating with reminders and scheduling the after. We ended up getting all of our bridal party's outfits there. The bridesmaid dresses were perfect, and the groomsmen suits were impressive. I would surely have used Mestads if I did it all over again. Their products are high quality and stunning while their service is as excited as you are about your wedding.

Need More Bridesmaid Dresses

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Jennifer J

I bought my wedding dress here and we got the tux's here. All the guys got a discount on their tux since I got my dress there and I got a discount on my dress since we got the tuxes there. The service was exception and they were all very helpful. I just wish that there was a... Read More bigger selection of bridesmaid dresses. All the dresses were ones that I had seen on other bridesmaids and I wanted something different to we went somewhere else for that.

2015-08-18T22:47:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate your feedback! We LOVED being a part of your special day! We wish you all the love and happiness!

Reviewed on 7/24/2015

I am so disappointed in the service this store has provided since day one. I cannot believe how much this store does not care about their customers! Since day one the service had me questioning my purchase from this location. I ended up purchasing a dress from here knowing that... Read More I could get extra lace to be added to my gown. My dress came as expected... but my lace never arrived (Which I will say they told me my lace had arrived with the dress only to be irritated when I arrived) I kept on calling and calling and calling to figure out when and where this lace was. The store would NEVER call me back. I was the one who would initiate the call every time to only be told the same story every time, they were in contact with China and the lace will be here on this date. It never arrived.... several times. (Not to mention their terrible phone system where they would say they would transfer you and you would be on hold for 5 minutes for them to only realize I was never transferred and have to take handwritten notes) Here I am 7 weeks before my wedding and had to cancel the entire order on my lace because it never arrived and I needed the alterations to be done. When asked if they would refund part of my dress because I wouldn't have ordered it knowing I couldn't have the lace she blew me off and told me she could check some local store that had lace similar to what I was looking for. I told her don't bother... why would I want to put some "close matching" lace on my $1400 wedding gown. If that was the case I would have bought a $300 dress and slapped the lace on it myself. We were scheduled to rent all the tuxes from Mestads, but I have called to cancel the order and their delivery service. They are not trustworthy, reliable, compassionate or friendly. They are running a terrible show and I will not recommend them to a single person. The least they could do is refund a portion of my dress that I am not remotely satisfied with. I will also be sure to review them on every website I can to make sure other brides do not have the same issues I had!

2015-07-24T17:47:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We are so sorry that has happened! We completely understand your frustration. We were at the mercy of the bridal company to get the lace in and we did everything we could to get it in for you.... Read Less Read More

Real-Life Dress-Up Day!

Reviewed on 12/23/2014 Emily F

All of the women at Mestads were great to work with! I originally went in with a very specific look in mind, even though it wasn't "right" for my shape. My sister hesitantly asked me to try on a ball gown (the complete opposite of what I wanted) and once I put it on, it... Read More brought tears to my eyes. It was a real life "Say Yes to the Dress" experience! Everything from the initial appointment to the fittings to picking out tuxes for our men to the final pick-up was magnificent! They remembered who I was and which was my dress every time I went in; it made me feel so special - just how a bride SHOULD feel!

Perfect Place to Buy a Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kayla B

When I started looking for my dress, I had a specific one in mind that I HAD to try before looking at any others. All other stores that I call who carried that brand told me they wouldn't bring it in unless I bought the dress. Then I called Mestad's, and they said of course they... Read More would bring it in for me! For my appointment the assigned me to a wonderful lady named Barbie, who was so amazing to work with and helped me so much! We put the dress on and I just knew. It was the only dress I tried on and I bought it that day. Because I bought a dress during my first appointment, they gave me a 15% discount! How amazing is that! They communicated with me at every step of the way, where the dress was at, when it came in, making all my alterations appointments. They worked with me living two hours away from their store. Then they went above and beyond by helping me have a custom veil made to match my dress! Everything was perfect because of Barbie and Grandma Grace! I will never thank them enough! Go here to get your dress and you won't regret it!

Great Dress - Alterations Rip OFF

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Karla N

I loved my dress, But I ended up paying more for alterations than the dress. They told me they ordered me a dress, but I think they took the one off the floor. Which would have been fine if they told me that. They were supposed to order a bigger size and they didn't. I still... Read More loved my dress but paid 2 times more than I wanted.

2014-10-22T16:48:26 Response from the vendor

Hi Karla! Thank you so much for your review! We can assure you that you received a brand new wedding gown and did not receive a floor sample. We are soo sorry that you were not pleased with the cost of your alterations. Our seamstresses... Read Less Read More

Lots to choose from!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Cassie Z

I didn't end up finding my dress here but they did have lots to choose from! Just wished my consultant would have been more helpful in sticking within my budget.

2014-10-06T07:27:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! We are always looking to improve our service for our brides and this will help us! We were so honored we got the opportunity to work with you!

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Nicole N

I had a great experience working with the ladies at Mestad's. My consultant was actually the one who found my dress for me. I went in, and she had me pull 5 dresses that I liked and then she chose more dresses based off of my likes from my 5 original. The dress she chose for me... Read More was a dress I never would have picked out myself, but it was perfect for me. My only complaint was that when it was time for me to take the dress home, they did not have any linen bags for me to transport the dress in. Eventually they went in the back and found a sample bag for me, but they were willing to send my dress home in a cheap, garbage-like bag.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Kayla S

I purchased a Claire Pettibone dress from Mestads. It was absolutely perfect, I had never seen another dress like it before. I was nervous getting it tailored because there was so much intricate lace and embroidery work on the back, but the seamstresses did an amazing job! It... Read More fit me perfectly and really enhanced the shape of the dress. It was so worth it! I recommend buying your dress from Mestads so they can to the fitting. It made all the difference!

Awesome service!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Emily

If you are looking for the perfect bridal experience, excellent service and quality dresses, Mestads is your bridal shoppe! I felt like a true bride and the whole experience from choosing my gown to picking it up was so fun! I went to other bridal stores also looking for a gown... Read More but Mestads was a step above the rest! You won't be disappointed!!

Great Value & Service!

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Mag F

Mestads treated us great. We purchased my wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, and rented tuxes there. The bridesmaid dresses were easy to order and delivered when they said they would be. They had to alter 1 dress and you couldn't even tell. They also helped us with what... Read More colors and textures would work for the vests and ties with the bridesmaid dresses. The groom got a discount with the rental of groomsmen/usher tuxes, which made it very cheap for him. They delivered the tuxes to rehearsal and made sure everything fit and no rips/tears were in any of the tuxes. One shoe size was wrong, so they worked with us to deliver the correct size the morning of the wedding. Would definitely recommend the delivery service to everyone! My dad also bought a tux versus renting, and they worked with him and got him exactly what he needed. Both him and my mom were extremely pleased.

Mestads of Rochester MN

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Angela B

If you're looking for a wedding dress in southern MN look no further than Mestads of Rochester. They have a huge selection of wedding dresses of all styles and price points. The service is great. I worked with Barb and she was super helpful and knowledgeable. The dressing... Read More rooms are nice and they have nice waiting areas for your party to sit. Beautiful dresses without the stuffy and pompous atmosphere of some "posh" bridal salons (and without the big price tags too!) Mestads was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad she did!

Beautiful Dress

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Emily S

I loved my wedding dress when i first tried it on. Mestads convinced me to get a size smaller and when it came in it was too small and I did not like it. However, after a few fittings, I came to love my dress again and I got many compliments on it!

Best Bridal Shop ever!!!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Sarah H

From the time I walked in the store to the time I picked up my dress and accessories they kept in great contact. Made sure I new when my appointments were and helped me in every step. Got phone calls every time an Item I ordered for wedding came in and made sure I was... Read More satisified. if the person with the knowledge was not in the store that day, they wrote and note to notify the specific person so they could give me a can with updates if I happened to call about where my bridesmaid dresses were in the shipping process or my jewelry, which I got from the store as well. I worked with Barbie who is truly amazing!!! I couldn't of asked for a better person to have a better dress shopping experience! she has such a great attitude and knew exactly what I was looking for after just a few seconds of describing what I thought I wanted. We picked out a few dresses, she helped and the dress I ended up with was actually her choice for me to try on. I tried on exactly three dress and knew this one was going to be the one!!! it was gorgeous with very little detail or bling. I thought I would have ended up with something else, but Barbie knew it was the one too she said as soon as I had it on. Seamstress did amazing work too!!! Glad they teach you how to put train up. I always feel like trains on dresses add way to much body to the upper back, but mine did not after they showed my girls how to put it up!!! I had been to jenny's bridal, but that place just didn't have the same feel. Glad I went back to mesteds to physically buy my dress that day!!!! Can't wait for my wedding August 9, 2010

the dress

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Kristin Z

I found the dresses (including my dress) at Mestad's were much higher quality than all the other stores I had looked through. With a lace dress in mind, I found them from $100 to $1500 with all the same cheap lace. Different dress designs but the exact same boring scratchy... Read More lace. The ones at Mestads are more expensive, yes, but not ridiculous and you definitely get what you pay for in quality of the dress.

Mixed bag

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Katie S

The consultants were great to work with, the tailor not so much.

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/21/2014 Kelly T

They helped me find my beautiful Allure dress!! I just love that dress!! So nice!! The seamstress there, she was my favorite!! So nice and did such an AMAZING JOB!!

Last minute dresses!

Reviewed on 4/11/2014 Morgan J

I used Mestads for my dress, bridesmaid dresses, and tuxes. I had a great ezperience with every department...especially my dress! I went to one bridal shop just to browse with my mom and grandma. When I told the consultant when my wedding was she panicked and told me I... Read More didn't have time to order and needed to find one off the rack by the end of the week. I didn't find anything I loved but was debating on one so we decided to go to Mestads just to compare and see what other options I had. I worked with Barbie there, and she pulled dresses that I never thought I would like and made me try them on. I loved them all! I fell in love with the first dress I tried on and got a great deal on it! The rest of the team was great as well. I got many calls reminding me of appointments and the tuxedo department called with updates on which men they still needed measurements from. Great experience!

2014-04-12T08:51:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review!!! We are soo happy you found your PERFECT dress at Mestads Bridal! Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!!! We wish you all the love and happiness!!!

Start a Conversation!