Michael Angelo's Bakery

(122)

Broadview Heights, OH

Family owned bakery specializing in custom cakes!

We take pride in every wedding cake we create. Each couple has its own unique preference which makes our job interesting. We have a variety of fillings, strawberry cassata and chocolate mousse being our most popular. Check out our catalogs on our website or on facebook for our most recent designs!

$$

Type

Cake Tops & Accessories

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

8035 Broadview Road, Broadview Heights, OH

Best cake ever!

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Julie R

Michael Angelo's made the best wedding cake I have ever tasted! The cake was exactly what we pictured, and looked absolutely gorgeous! It was so good all the guests asked me where I got it, and not a single piece was left over! They were very reasonably priced and I would recommend them to everyone!!

the very best

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Katie U

Michaelangelo's Bakery is warm and cozy - you will want to have five tastings before you make your final call! Everything we tried was delicious and we ended up getting two kinds of cake/mousse in different layers. The design was exactly as we asked for. The cake was beautiful and we received many compliments on how it looked and tasted!

Tasty cakes!

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Kelly G

I had 7 smaller cakes instead of 1 large cake. Each cake tasted amazing and the design was perfect! LOVE THEIR FROSTING! Not only were they beautiful, they tasted great too! Very easy to work with and accomodating!

Yummy:)

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 Kelly H

Our cake looked perfect!! I brought in a picture of the cake I had in mind. When we saw the cake in person, it was JUST like the picture and tasted so yummy! Thanks!:)

Fantastic

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Joe S

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect. Not to mention it was by far the best tasting cake in the area for the price. They are very affordable and are willing to work with us on keeping within our budget.

Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Megan O

I absolutely loved Michael Angelo's Bakery! We used them for our wedding cake a couple months ago. The cake was exactly what I wanted, and it was delicious too. They were reasonably priced compared to other bakeries I looked into.

Beautiful & delicious cake!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Jaime M

Our wedding cake was beautiful and looked exactly like the picture on their website. The cake was delicious and we received many compliments from our guests. Highly recommend.

Delicious and beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Mary D

We were so impressed with the cake we got from Michael Angelo's Bakery. Not only was it absolutely beautiful, it was so delicious! We got a 3-layer cake-- 1 layer of red velvet with cream cheese filling and 2 layers of chocolate cake with mocha filling. We had a hard time choosing, too! Every flavor we sampled was spectacular-- I can't make a wrong choice! The cake was moist and rich, and tasted freshly baked. Even next-day leftovers are still delicious! Many of our guests were so impressed! To top it all off, the price is incredibly competitive considering the high-quality of their cakes!

AWFUL Service.

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Kelly A

This vendor came highly recommended from many people, including our Venue. When we met with them we loved the cake and knew we wanted to use them because it was great cake. When discussing delivery, they said they refused to deliver unless we paid $100!!!! We thought this was outrageous especially because our venue was recommending Michaelangelo's. We decided we would just get a friend to deliver the cake for us. This is what we did and it luckily ended up working out. Sadly, my husband (THE GROOM) had to go to get the cake as well. This was fine considering the guys don't have to do very much to get ready. However, when they arrived to get the cake, our whole order was NOT READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the MORNING OF OUR WEDDING!!! They had to make our sheet cake while my husband and our friend waited. Luckily my husband did not tell me this until after the wedding because if he had told me I probably would have been majorly pissed. I am shocked that such a highly recommended bakery would have such completely awful service. I would NEVER recommend this bakery for such an important day. They have great bakery items and it is great to drop in and get something. They have no business making wedding cakes when they don't have your whole order ready the morning of your wedding. How embarrassing...

Poor customer service

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Meagan B

Having read all the wonderful reviews about Michael Angelos bakery it was on our short list of bakeries to design and bake our wedding cake. Here is a brief and simple synopsis of the 14 minutes we spent at Michael Angelos. We did not even try the cake, so this review is simply of the staff member we spoke with. When we went in we were greeted by a pleasant woman behind the counter and told to go sit up front and the wedding coordinator would be right with us. A "staff member" appeared to help us, she didn't introduce herself, and was not even remotely friendly. After asking a couple questions, she abruptly stopped the questioning and asked us to pick three cake flavors and three icing flavors and disappeared. Upon her return, we were given information that completely contradicted what the three other bakeries had told us regarding complexities, size of cake needed. She refused to provide direct costs regarding decorating, only vaguely stating it should be around $30.. She also tried to up-sell on the size of the cake that we actually needed. We ended the meeting. This was not the type of service we were hoping for. Please note they quoted us a $75 delivery charge to deliver to Massimo's. I don't know if this is their standard charge but the other bakery we chose did not have a delivery fee or charge for cake decorating.

11/10/2014 Response from Beth, the member

Where did you end up getting your cake? Would you recommend it?

Best cakes ever

Reviewed on 8/17/2014 Megan D

we used this amazing place for both the bridal shower and the wedding. The cake is still being talked about. This will be our families barker for life

As amazing as it looks!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Kate K

My husband and I received SO many compliments on our cake! It was everything and more than I could have imagined! It's outside beauty and elegance matched it's inside deliciousness. Highly recommend!!!

Perfect

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Amy S

We used Michaelangelo’s for my June 2014 wedding and loved them. We had the chocolate cake with chocolate mousse as well as the white cake with chocolate raspberry mousse. It was the best wedding cake we have ever tasted and all of the guest raved about it.

Delicious

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Nicole V

We LOVED the cake made for us by Michael Angelo's. It was absolutely beautiful and so delicious. Our guests kept raving about it and asking where it was from. Unfortunately, they couldn't deliver to our venue so my parents transported it. Otherwise a smashing success!

Delicious Cake & Reasonable Prices!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Christine P

Yum! Michael Angelo made my wedding cake and it was delicious! Light, fluffy, and the frosting was just incredible. I chose to use buttercream only, and not fondant, due to both cost and taste. Delivery was easy, and we were able to rent a cake stand. I was probably a really easy bride, as I opted for a plain white cake and then had my florist decorate the cake with fresh flowers in an ombre pattern. I chose yellow cake with lemon and raspberry mousse for the top 2 layers, and a white cake with raspberry mouse for the bottom layer. Prices were very reasonable and I was very pleased with Michael Angelo's!

Good to the last bite...

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Lauren B

We LOVE Michael Angelo's Bakery! Mike, Matt and the rest of the team at Michael Angelo's are fabulous and do great work! Michael Angelo's Bakery made us the most perfect wedding cake. It was beautiful and super delicious! There were ZERO left-overs... that's how good it was!!!

Would Recommend

Reviewed on 1/24/2014 BRIANNA M

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. It didn't turn out exactly how we had requested [i.e. the designs on the cake were supposed to be in ivory and the icing was supposed to be white, unfortunately, it ended up all in white]. However, it tasted great! We had a lot left over so we wrapped it up good and it was still moist when we came back from our honeymoon. The quality of cake for the price can't be beat. They also did my shower cake, check out the website, I did the wine barrel cake. . .people at the shower had no idea it was a cake. .that's how good it was!

Michael Angelo's ruined my wedding cake!!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Ashley W

Michael angelo's was my favorite bakery and of course when it came to picking our wedding cake there was no discussion it had to be from michaelangelo's. Now the cake was beautiful and looked exactly how i envisioned. However the inside of the cake was completely wrong and COLD!!!! Mind you my cake got delivered at 1 and we didn't cut it until 7 and I didn't have an actual piece until around 830 and it was still COLD!! My cake was 3 layers so of course we only ate the bottom 2 and each layer was completely wrong, wrong type of filling in each layer and the one layer was even the wrong cake flavor. If this wasn't all bad enough, i called the bakery after my honeymoon and talked to the OWNER and he told me he didn't believe me, there was no possible way and it would always be my word against his even tho we took pictures of the cake being wrong!! My husband also called and was told that I was rude and irrational and should be happy getting 10% of how much i paid back and that there was nothing he could do so no point in complaining and that we could sue the bakery and they would always win!! I was completely disgusted with this owner and crushed that my favorite bakery did this! If I could give this a 0 I totally would and DO NOT recommend them to anyone!! I will never go back to them again!!

Beautiful Cake!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 STEPHANIE R

What a beautiful job they did of our cake! It was beautiful and delicious!

My new favorite bakery!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Heather B

Best cake ever! I seriously cannot wait to get another cake from them! I was able to look through their books and customize a cake I liked. I chose the mocha filling and it was great!! The cake was absolutely gorgeous! I could not have asked for anything better and guests say it was the best wedding cake they've ever had! A little more than I wanted to spend, but I also had a groom's cake and delivery. Well worth the price and they will definitely be my go-to from now on!

Yum!

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Jackie K

Michael Angelo's is truly the best bakery in Cleveland. The cake was delicious and beautifully decorated. They have the nicest employees too!

Cupcakes

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Amanda C

Awesome!!!

Outstanding Cake

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Stacy D

MichaelAngelo's Bakery did an amazing job on our wedding cake. We did white cake with chocolate mouse filling and the red velvet with cream cheese filling. Everyone raved about the cake - i cannot wait for our 1 year anniversary to eat our top layer!!

stunning cakes

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Christina D

My cakes looked amazing and tasted great. I bought 9 tortes for my wedding in all different flavors and my guests loved them all..

Great!

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Kara T

very good and very pretty

Send Email