Michigans Best Special Event Band

Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music

205 South Cedar Street, Traverse City, MI (231) 633-5666

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Mary K

MAC DADDY is simply amazing! They played for our wedding on Saturday and I can't say enough how awesome they are. Our venue's air conditioning wasn't working, and it was the hottest day of the year, but the band was phenomenal and still had a crazy amount of energy. Even... Read More though everyone was hot and sweating like crazy, the dance floor was packed. They did a great job of incorporating new music and old favorites. The talent of this group is unbelievable! All of our guests said Mac Daddy was the best band ever and that it made our wedding one of the most fun they had attended. I can't recommend them enough. They are worth every penny and were the highlight of our night! I was hoping they would sound as good as their recordings online, since I wasn't able to hear them live before the wedding, but they are even better in person. They appealed to all of our guests, no matter the age. Book this band!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Lindsay

Unfortunately, I have more negative things to report than positive, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due, so I'm offering both the pros and cons from my experience... PROS: They were very lively with good stage presence and were interactive with my guests,... Read More especially with my grandma which was cute and I appreciated. The music they played had most of my guests on the dance floor, most of the night. They are strong performers. CONS: 1.) Leading up to the wedding, their communication is bordering on non-existent. I had a signed contract and put a deposit down, so I don't think asking for a simple conversation was too much to ask. Two months before the wedding I reached out to have this basic and needed discussion about music to be played for first dances, timeline of the evening, names to be announced in the bridal party, speeches, etc. It took them FIVE WEEKS to get back to me (after I had left several voicemails and emails)-- very frustrating. There was a point I was nervous if they were even going to show up on the day-of. 2.) Once we did finally speak, they asked me to type out everyone's names in the bridal party, in order and phonetically so they would be able to pronounce them correctly, and so I did. On the day when announcing the bridal party, he completely skipped one of the groomsmen/bridesmaids, he repeated my sister-in-law twice (used her name for another girl too), and mispronounced OUR (being the bride and groom, being the paying customer) last name. He was reading the names from his phone and as if it was the first time he had ever looked at it. He had 3 weeks to review it and PRINT IT-- absolutely no excuse. 3.) My brother asked them to play a specific song for him and I to dance to, and they refused. He asked nicely again but they responded with they "aren't taking any requests." So he insisted by reminding them that we are paying them and they rudely, finally agreed. I don't think that reminder should have been necessary. Yes, they were engaging and played fun music. So, if this is all you care about then they will be a good fit for you. Being in the event industry myself, I require vendors to be exceptional from the first meeting until the end of the event. I don't feel their service provided outweighed the negative customer service, or complete lack thereof.

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Meredith M

Seriously, this is the BEST wedding band. They were so energetic and people can't stop telling us how amazing they were. They made the night. I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed if you book them - they were friendly leading up to the big day, but they BLEW US AWAY!!... Read More They were worth every penny and went above and beyond what we even expected. The energy that they bring to the room, in addition to their talent, really made the reception!!! One item to note: I had to send a couple emails when requesting the date of our wedding before they responded, but it was absolutely worth it. They're reliable so it was worth making sure they had gotten my email! If you don't hear back immediately, don't give up. You'll be sorry that you did :)

Best Band Ever

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Lauren F

"Best band ever" were the frequent comments I heard at our daughter's wedding at Castle Farms on October 18, 2014. The band was awesome, energetic, enthusiastic, and our guests said they couldn't tell the difference between the singers and the recording artists of the songs they... Read More performed. They made the evening very special! If you want your wedding or event to be the best, hire Mac Daddy!

Worth every penny and more!

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Ginger P

These guys are amazing, and I couldn't have asked for a better band. They were so energetic, got EVERYONE off their feet to dance. My dad, who never be caught on the dance floor, was dancing all night!!!! Almost all my guests approached me saying that was the best part of the... Read More evening. They kept asking me where I found these guys. They definitely made our wedding day amazing! My favorite part about them is that there were always people on the dance floor and they made sure of that. They played great songs, sounded exactly like the artists they were playing, and had high energy the entire evening! Definitely the best money I spent on my wedding. Thanks MacDaddy for being so amazing!

Great Band!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Katie K

Mac Daddy was an awesome wedding band! The dance floor was filled the entire night which is exactly what we wanted! The emcee did a great job with introducing the wedding party as well as MOH and BM speeches. Would definitely recommend Mac Daddy if you're looking for a fun... Read More night!

Would book again in a heartbeat

Reviewed on 3/19/2014 Brittney F

This band did an amazing job- they even mixed a song for my dad and I to do a mash up dance to! The emcee was awesome, he had everything organized very well. It was a little on the high end of price than we wanted to spend but we decided to splurge on it and it was the best... Read More thing about the wedding!!!

great band

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Lauren

if your family likes to dance and have fun this is the band for you.

Best wedding band ever!

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Melissa H

My husband and I used Mac Daddy for our wedding in Glen Arbor, MI in August 2012. They were hands down, the best wedding band I have ever seen! They played a range of music that kept our guests crowded onto the dance floor the entire night. Despite being somewhat difficult to... Read More communicate with, they delivered on every request that we had and kept our reception moving smoothly. Their energy mixed with incredible vocals and music was definitely worth the price. Do not pass up the opportunity to book this band!

awesome

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Elizabeth B

At first, my husband and I were going to have a DJ for our reception. However, after more thought, having a live band just would have made the evening so much better. We searched around and all of the vendors in our area recommended Mac Daddy. I checked their prices and they... Read More were a bit expensive...however after listening to them play-TOTALLY WORTH IT. I had to look up every once in a while to make sure a CD wasnt playing because they sounded so great. This was one area where I did not want to skimp out, as it makes such an impact on the reception. The only reason they didnt get 5 stars was because of the cost-but again.....WORTH IT.