Classy and Professional DJs. Fun Weddings.

We work with couples who want a stress-free and FUN wedding reception that’ll be talked about for years. You’ll get personalized service from experienced people who love what they do. Click on the tabs above or visit our website to see why we are Detroit’s most highly reviewed DJ service.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

1934 Livernois Rd, Troy, MI Serving all of Michigan (877) 689-0777

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

THE BEST DJ SERVICE OUT THERE! Before officially booking with Mike Staff I went out to have a sit down meet and greet for more information. Out of all the other vendors I had spoken to at that point, Mike Staff was BEYOND the most professional and had the BEST customer service.... Read More From the beginning they were so enthusiastic and caring about the vision I had for my wedding. I had personally seen the year before at two separate weddings where a DJ was rude and disrespectful to the bride and guests, and wouldn't play the music requested. You would never come across this booking with this DJ Service, I have already recommended them to my friends who will be using them later this year for their wedding. From the moment I walked up to the reception hall DJ DAN was ready to go and was able to help direct not just me but my wedding party for their entrance. DJ DAN was my life line throughout the reception, he checked in with me for everything and knew how to read the crowd so well. My worst fear was that No ONE would dance at my wedding, and that was not the case with DJ DAN. Please book Mike Staff Productions today!

2016-08-09T08:56:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for letting us be part of your wedding day. Dan says your guests were great on the dance floor!

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Ashleigh B

The only job I gave my fiancé was to book the DJ. He decided to book at the first meeting, without talking to anyone else. Needless to say I was a little concerned. I shouldn't have been! DJ Phil was fantastic! He was easy to reach and quick to answer questions, even up... Read More until the morning of the wedding. At the reception, he kept everyone dancing all night long! We were so surprised at some of our guests that stayed until the end and danced, all thanks to Phil's ability to read the crowd and keep people up and having fun. I really appreciated that Phil sought me out at one point to ask if someone's request could be played since it was very similar to a song on our "do not play list". Phil made our wedding exactly what we wanted...a really fun night that we will remember forever!

DJ Company that gives back to community

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Amy J

Mike Staff productions is a great company that not only provides exceptional services, but also gives 10% back to the community. It is unlike any other company that gives and puts customers first. Our DJ did a great job and there was a mixup with some songs but Mike's Staff make... Read More it right with us, and that made us love them even more. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Erin H

Our wedding had a few moments that did not exactly go as planned, but our DJ Randy made sure our wedding was still the best night of our lives. He was so flexible and without him, it wouldn't have been the same. Overall, working with the Mike Staff company was super easy and I... Read More appreciate their accessibility and organization. We were extremely happy with Randy and everything Mike Staff did for us. Thank you!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Jessica D

Mike Staff is the vendor to use when looking into photography and DJ services. Our DJ, Kyle, did not disappoint. Both our families were on the dance floor all night. He really knows how to survey a room and figure out what songs will really get the crowd up and moving. Our... Read More photographer Mary was also amazing! She has such an eye for the best shots and was so pleasant to work with (she even let me use her lipstick all night because I liked the color so much). The best part is, you only have to use ONE vendor!! Keeping track of multiple vendors (each with their own bill to pay) is such a struggle and with Mike Staff, we didn't have to worry about paying multiple people. Everything was so convenient and easy. Randy did a great job explaining each package to us and recommending the perfect DJ and photographer to suit our styles and wants. In my opinion, Mike Staff is the best value for the money!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Beth D

You know you have an AMAZING DJ when people are saying, “your DJ is AWESOME” while you are still at the reception (before and after all the alcohol kicks in). I am still getting compliments weeks after our wedding about our DJ. The set up in selection for the DJ is a... Read More comfortable and easy experience. We gave Bob creative freedom and we had a full dance floor the ENTIRE evening. We have had several couples state that they haven’t been out on the dance floor in over 20 years, but Bob got them up and dancing! Bob announced and kept the evening going flawlessly. We could not have had a better experience! I would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Gianna S

This was the most important day of our lives. Sean is the best DJ we could have ever hoped to be a part of our Wedding Day. He was professional, knowledgeable, organized, enthusiastic, genuine and kind. He took the time to listen and make sure everything was exactly as we... Read More wanted. He worried about things for us, so that we would not have to. Everything flowed perfectly that evening and he had more than a big part in that happening. We highly recommend Sean. He is an outstanding person as well as a DJ.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Whitney B

We used Mike Staff for our DJ, photography, and videography services. We absolutely LOVED each and every staff member we worked with. We loved bundling the services and being able to work side by side with one vendor. Kevin J was our DJ. He was AMAZING. He kept the party going... Read More and everyone said how much fun they had. I don't think we had an empty dance floor the entire 6 hours of the reception. He was also very conscience of us (bride and groom) and what we wanted done and not done throughout the night. Craig was our photographer and he was also a blast. If you need someone to keep everyone in check, he's your man. He was really good with keeping us on task and capturing a lot of candid photos throughout the night. Our Videography team was led by Rocky with Steve. They were also super fun to work with. They helped capture all the important moments throughout the day and it didn't even feel like they were there! We were very happy with Mike Staff as a whole, and would definitely recommend them to any one asking! Thanks!!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Alex M

Dave L was a great DJ and did a wonderful job as the MC of our night! Everything was perfect!

2017-02-08T07:42:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad your reception was the perfect event!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Hannah D

Planning a wedding within a 6 month span was intimidating. After all, it's not something you do every day. Mike Staff not only did a fantastic job keeping the party going with their DJ and capturing the moment with their photography/videography package, they essentially acted as... Read More day of wedding coordinators. Anything that was within their power to make the day run smoother for us, they did. From finding our "toasters" and getting their mics set up, managing the time line so my husband and I could just be in the moment, or in the days before keeping communication wide open (all three individuals I worked with actually told us to call or text them anytime I had an idea, and they lived up to this!); they owned every bit of it and you could tell they loved their careers. So thankful to have discovered them, and would highly recommend them to anyone else!

2017-01-24T10:02:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We are passionate about making our clients dreams a reality and our glad to read your day was just what you wanted!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Laura H

Our first choice and only choice! They were so accommodating with us as we had multiple wedding date changes and a photographer change. We loved Jimi Siffin from the moment we met him. Third time was the charm and we were able to snag him for our DJ service. I was crazy... Read More micro-manager bride who pretty much compiled the entire wedding playlist. Jimi followed through while still doing his own thing and didn't disappoint! He was very responsive and patient and had our guests and the little ones dancing up a storm! We're so happy he was able to DJ our wedding and did an incredible job. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Stephanie C

If you go through Mike Staff Productions, you know you'll get quality. Even knowing that, I couldn't have been happier or more impressed with our DJ, Dave L. He was super nice, and knew exactly what to play to keep the party going (the dance floor was occupied, the ENTIRE time).... Read More He was accommodating of our non-traditional song choices, and even let us edit some songs so they'd hit at the exact right moments during our ceremony and reception. I couldn't possibly say enough about him! Great job! Thank you so much!

2017-01-24T10:00:52 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you were able to work with Dave to customize the music for your day just the way you wanted. Thank you for letting us be part of your wedding day.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Carrie H

Steve was our DJ and everything we planned went perfectly. It's the little things that you notice. Our grand entrance selection was played just at the right moment as we entered the room. We were not specific on the particular selections of music during dinner, but the piano... Read More pieces made us smile, and were played at the perfect volume. His voice was smooth, and easy to understand. He played everything we asked for, and the anniversary dance was a big hit with our friends - most of whom had been married well over 10 years, so it was a long dance! Even though many of our friends ended up sitting and talking most of the evening, they all commented that the music selections were great and added to the ambiance. Thank you for helping make our night so magical!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016

The team at Mike Staff was beyond incredible. If I had to repeat the day all over again I would not have changed a thing! We used DJ Phil for our ceremony and reception - absolutely amazing! He had people up and dancing that you would never expect on the dance floor! Craig and... Read More Shannon were our photographers - not only did they help to keep us on track, they captured moments that we will never forget!

2017-01-24T09:59:52 Response from the vendor

Our wedding team enjoyed working with you on your special day.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Samantha S

We loved Mike Staff! We used them for our DJ, photography, and videography. We received compliments from our guest about all 3 vendors! The music was just what we wanted and no one left the dance floor all night. Our priest even mentioned to us that he loved how the... Read More photographers and videographers were out of sight and didn't get in the way. The desk at Mike Staff was very responsive and everyone was helpful with my crazy bridal questions!

2017-01-24T09:59:12 Response from the vendor

One of the best compliments we can receive is that we were hardly noticed but captured everything you wanted! Thank you for allowing us to be part of your wedding story.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Alex G

This DJ service was amazing from beginning to end. We loved the process of sitting down and being shown several videos of different DJs and we got to pick which one we thought would best suit our wedding. We chose Chris and we are so happy we did! Chris called us the Monday... Read More before the wedding at the time we requested (late at night so we were both home to talk to him) he listened to our requests and told us if he didn't already have the songs we wanted he would make sure he had them by the day of the wedding. During the wedding he was so sweet and would come up to either me or my husband and make sure everything was okay with us and he kept the night running very smoothly. It is now 2 months after our wedding and we still have guests bringing up to us how great our DJ was. Thank you Mike Staff Productions and thank you Chris!!!!

2017-01-24T09:57:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for letting us be part of your wedding day. Chris really enjoyed working with you :)

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Gianna P

Everyone on the Mike Staff team did such a phenomenal job during our whole wedding process. From start to finish, everything was professional, smooth, easy, and fun! We worked with Sean as our initial coordinator and the liason between the DJ and videographer through the whole... Read More process. He was very helpful, polite, and prompt whenever I had questions or concerns. We worked with DJ Erik and I can't say enough great things! Everyone had a blast at our reception and he made it all possible. He did our ceremony and reception and faded in and out of songs perfectly so there was not one second of downtime. He stuck to our timeline and played all of my favorite requests. We had a mix of American and Arabic music and he did a great job going between the two to ensure all guests were on the dance floor and having a great time. He was outgoing, fun, and very professional. I would recommend him in a heartbeat! Being a former DJ myself, I had very high expectations of how my wedding reception and the music would go,and Erik executed it just as I always imagined! Everyone had a blast, thank you Erik! We had Daniel for our videographer and he was very professional, on time, and polite! He made a point to check up with us throughout the day to make sure we were getting all of the important moments on camera, gave us heads up on what events he would be filming next so we were aware, and even stayed a little longer just in case we wanted to add more time. He did a great job of filming without us even knowing he was there, which made us feel so natural and genuine. He was very professional and did a great job the whole day! He was the wedding videographer for a friend of mine a few years ago and the video turned out just gorgeous, I am so excited to see our finished product! All in all - Mike Staff is a great and organized company. Very professional and we would not have changed a thing. We are thrilled with how everything happened and everyone was such a pleasure to work with. Thank you everyone!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Melissa K

We used Kyle as our wedding DJ and he was AMAZING! Our guests were hitting the dance floor the second they finished dinner. He nailed the exact type of music we wanted to hear, and was awesome at reading the dance floor and figuring out what was working and how to keep everyone... Read More dancing, which was exactly what we were looking for. He was also extremely professional and easy to work with. We would highly recommend him and Mike Staff Productions to DJ any event!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Michelle B

Our first DJ that we chose from Mike Staff had a stroke 4 days before our wedding!! We were shocked ( he ended up being okay) and Mike Staff booked us another DJ and everything turned out wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kristin H

We couldn't have picked a better outfit for our Music, Photos, and Video services. Mike Staff Productions was very professional, organized, and beyond qualified. DJ Kyle went above and beyond to ensure the night ran smoothly and our guest were having a great time. Kyle... Read More personalized our ceremony and reception to ensure we received exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Adrian C

I would highly recommend Mike Staff Productions! We had a lot of crazy fun stuff going on at our reception and DJ Kevin took it all in his stride. The music was great and the dance floor was full all night. We had such a good time!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mandy E

Erick was our wedding DJ and he was beyond awesome! He understood what we wanted and was more than happy to stick with our taste. He was a great MC and the ceremony music was perfect as well. Our dance floor was packed all night! Erick made sure to appeal to everyone, but we... Read More were extremely happy about all of the song choices. He was really great to work with and we can't say enough about him! Mike Staff Productions as a whole was a great company to deal with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Beth G

We worked with Jimmy Taylor! I cannot express to you how truly AWESOME he was! He took the time to make sure he played any songs that I wanted, and really played the best music to appeal to the whole crowd. Everyone couldn't stop telling me how awesome he was & how much fun they... Read More were having. After I fell, he came out & made sure I was doing okay, made me laugh & checked up on me the next day as well! If you need a DJ, give him a call! He is good with prices as well! Check out Red Hot Entertainment if you're interested!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 emily c

We hired Matt for an October barn wedding. He was great to chat with the week before our day and he understood everything we were looking for. I will say that we had some miscommunications regarding our venue. We clearly outlined to him that the DJ stand was on an elevated... Read More platform, which he said was no problem. On the wedding night, I requested that he drop the 'song request' bucket (it was on a pulley system), and he said he wouldn't because he was afraid of heights (!!!). We totally would have found another location for him had we known this, and we were bummed our guests couldn't make song requests. Additionally, my husband and I had collected our favorite songs in a Spotify playlist to share with him as a starting point for the cocktail hour + dinner music. I stressed that this was a starting point, and to feel free to populate additional music. He basically hit play on the playlist, and I definitely heard repeat songs during the cocktail hour. I was frustrated by this, but also can say that we knew the kind of music we wanted- and we were happy with the list we curated. I guess I was more annoyed that we paid top dollar for a DJ to hit 'play' on an already curated list. He did rock the dance floor and kept people moving- so I truly don't have any major complaints. This company is responsive, helpful, and stand behind their DJ's. If I could suggest one thing to Mike Staff, it's to let their couples speak to their DJ sooner than a week before the wedding. We adjusted our whole dinner/toasts/dancing timeline after talking with him. Not a huge deal, but annoying to shift a week out.

2016-11-28T15:43:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, Emily. We’ve tried, unsuccessfully, to reach out to you a couple of times to discuss this. DJ Matt told us that your family was a pleasure to work for and that your wedding reception was amazing. I would like to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Chris S

Kevin crushed it at our wedding! He was so easy going and picked up quickly on the vibe we wanted for the big day. His communication with us leading up to and during the big day was just right, not pushy but on point.

Mike Staff

Over two decades ago, Mike Staff launched Mike Staff Productions to save weddings from cheesy, over-the-top, embarrass-your-guests type of DJs. Mike and his amazing team are still revolutionizing the wedding industry to this day with award-winning DJ, Photography and Videography services; focused on the bride and groom’s personalized needs and always surpassing expectations in a remarkable way. “Great weddings come with great responsibility. We’re here for you.” – Mike