Classy and Professional DJs. Fun Weddings.

We work with couples who want a stress-free and FUN wedding reception that’ll be talked about for years. You’ll get personalized service from experienced people who love what they do. Click on the tabs above or visit our website to see why we are Detroit’s most highly reviewed DJ service.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

1934 Livernois Rd, Troy, MI Serving all of Michigan (877) 689-0777

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Lauren T

I highly recommend Mike Staff Productions! Made our lives so easy :) We got our DJ (DJ Mike), Videographer (Gigi) and Photographers (Diego/Donna) from Mike Staff and all were amazing. Tim took time with us to watch different videos to make sure we picked the entertainment best... Read More suited for us. From there they pretty much organized everything! We had touch bases here and there with each of our entertainers but for the most part they pretty much knew what to do! DJ Mike was fantastic! We were really nervous about the music because we feel that the DJ definitely makes or breaks the party. DJ Mike exceeded our expectations. He made sure to mix it up to appeal to different parts of our party and made sure to get everyone on the dance floor. Diego and Donna definitely had a vision for pictures and they turned out great. They really listened to what we wanted and had great energy and professionalism the entire night. The pictures turned out great. And Gigi was just a ball of energy! I felt like she was everywhere!! I'm so happy how everything turned out and I'd highly recommend Mike Staff to help make wedding planning stress free :)

2017-05-19T13:27:05 Response from the vendor

Okay, we're not THAT good :) Seriously, though, THANK YOU for taking the time to share your experience with other couples. We love working as a team, looking out for each other and making sure you have the best day possible!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

THE BEST DJ SERVICE OUT THERE! Before officially booking with Mike Staff I went out to have a sit down meet and greet for more information. Out of all the other vendors I had spoken to at that point, Mike Staff was BEYOND the most professional and had the BEST customer service.... Read More From the beginning they were so enthusiastic and caring about the vision I had for my wedding. I had personally seen the year before at two separate weddings where a DJ was rude and disrespectful to the bride and guests, and wouldn't play the music requested. You would never come across this booking with this DJ Service, I have already recommended them to my friends who will be using them later this year for their wedding. From the moment I walked up to the reception hall DJ DAN was ready to go and was able to help direct not just me but my wedding party for their entrance. DJ DAN was my life line throughout the reception, he checked in with me for everything and knew how to read the crowd so well. My worst fear was that No ONE would dance at my wedding, and that was not the case with DJ DAN. Please book Mike Staff Productions today!

2016-08-09T08:56:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for letting us be part of your wedding day. Dan says your guests were great on the dance floor!

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Ashleigh B

The only job I gave my fiancé was to book the DJ. He decided to book at the first meeting, without talking to anyone else. Needless to say I was a little concerned. I shouldn't have been! DJ Phil was fantastic! He was easy to reach and quick to answer questions, even up... Read More until the morning of the wedding. At the reception, he kept everyone dancing all night long! We were so surprised at some of our guests that stayed until the end and danced, all thanks to Phil's ability to read the crowd and keep people up and having fun. I really appreciated that Phil sought me out at one point to ask if someone's request could be played since it was very similar to a song on our "do not play list". Phil made our wedding exactly what we wanted...a really fun night that we will remember forever!

DJ Company that gives back to community

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Amy J

Mike Staff productions is a great company that not only provides exceptional services, but also gives 10% back to the community. It is unlike any other company that gives and puts customers first. Our DJ did a great job and there was a mixup with some songs but Mike's Staff make... Read More it right with us, and that made us love them even more. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Alyssa W

We are so happy that we used Mike Staff for our wedding DJ. Evan exceeded our expectations!! We want to plan another party so we can hire Evan to DJ for us. From the 45-minute phone call the week before the wedding, to coordinating events the day of, Evan was OUTSTANDING! We had... Read More a few last minute things come up the week before the wedding, but with a simple text it was east to keep Evan in the loop. He was very responsive and made sure our big day went as smooth as possible. We will definitely recommend DJ Evan and Mike Staff to future brides and grooms!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Samantha K

DJ Kyle was amazing!!!! He really took the time to get to know our musical tastes! He played so many awesome songs! The dance floor was packed the entire night! So many of my guests told me that the DJ was awesome and that they wanted his contact information for their up coming... Read More events! I highly recommend mike staff productions and especially DJ Kyle!!!

2017-07-27T09:38:01 Response from the vendor

HOW AWESOME! Well, let’s get down to business! The best way to get ahold of Kyle is 877-689-0777 LOL! Pass the number along to your friends. Thank you much for choosing Mike Staff Productions -- we’re thrilled to hear Kyle rocked your wedding. Is there... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Sara F

We booked Mike Staff for our ceremony and reception music. We had heard excellent things about Mike Staff but were a little disappointed when our big day came. Our correspondence with MS was great leading up to the wedding. They were great at answer questions and getting back... Read More with me promptly. I had talked with our dj Tuesday before our wedding to go over song choices and whatnot. There were some songs I wanted for the ceremony and father daughter dance that he didn't have and asked me to send them to him. I bought the songs off iTunes and emailed them to him that same day. 4 days later the morning of the wedding our dj called ME and said he couldn't get any of the songs to play. Frantic, I had my MoH called him back to try and figure everything out. He said at that point "I found them don't worry we're good"...to make a long story short the cocktail music was not what I had asked for and I had to dance with my dad to a version of a song that I did not pick. I will say the dj did a great job with the rest of the reception we just were a little disappointed with our experience.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Alex R

As the groom, I was charged with finding us the perfect DJ (and uplighting) for our wedding. I knew coming in that a few of my friends and I were somewhat picky about music choice so it wasn't going to be easy. In particular, I was worried about finding a professional who could... Read More find the right balance between keeping the older guests entertained while also strategically playing to our somewhat young crowd (avg age = ~25). After searching far and wide, we finally settled on Mike Staff Productions and never looked back. The video interviews were the perfect way to screen candidates and finding Kyle Zagata was one of the best decisions we made for our big night. From our initial phone conversation to the last song, Kyle was a true pleasure to work with. He was passionate about making everything perfect and was there to help every step of the way. Our dance floor was packed from the first song until they kicked us out at 1am! Our reception venue coordinators confidentially told us afterward that we were were the first ones to actually keep the party rocking until closing time so far this summer! So big thank you to Kyle. I would recommend him and Mike Staff to anyone looking for fun and professional DJ. You won't regret it.

2017-07-27T09:38:32 Response from the vendor

Sounds like you NAILED your wedding duties! We certainly give you an A+! Haha We can’t thank you enough for trusting Mike Staff Productions with your big day and we’re thrilled to hear we met your DJ expectations! Kyle is a fun dude and has... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Leann S

We are so happy we went with Mike Staff Productions for our DJ services! Wes was our DJ for both our ceremony and reception. He was phenomenal! He not only helped our wedding day run smoothly, but also ensured everyone was having fun! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!... Read More Thank you Wes!

2017-07-27T09:38:58 Response from the vendor

Wes loved working with you, glad he rocked your wedding! Our DJ’s love playing great music, but being a stellar Master of Ceremonies is so important, too. We can’t thank you enough for working with Mike Staff Productions -- we wish you the best!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Danielle A

I was introduced to Mike Staff Productions when my sister got married, and it was a no brainer that we would also use them when the time came to get married. We hired them for their DJ and photography services - Randy (DJ) and Chad and Mike (photographers). I absolutely loved... Read More all of them and it was such a pleasure working with them! We've had Randy for three family weddings now and are never disappointed! Our pictures turned out beautifully and I know that is in large part to Chad and Mark's skills! We had a couple of calls with them before the big day, but didn't really meet face to face until our wedding. Although we had just met, they were all so easy going that we felt comfortable with them right away. They were open to any ideas we had and came with suggestions to our questions. I would recommend all of them to any one looking for photo/DJ services.

2017-07-27T09:39:29 Response from the vendor

Randy is practically a member of your family now! Three weddings? HOW COOL IS THAT?! Thank you for believing in our company and trusting us with so many big days! As for Chad and Mark -- they rock, too and love getting things organized early.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Meredith H

Mike Staff was the perfect choice for our DJ services! We had Randy as our DJ and he was so attentive to our guests song needs. He had great suggestions on how to get the party started and kept it going until the night was over! He was incredibly professional and a great MC as... Read More well.

2017-07-27T09:39:53 Response from the vendor

Randy loves spinning great tunes (and taking requests from guests) -- it sounds like your wedding was a great party! Thanks for choosing Mike Staff Productions. We wish you the best.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Jenni G

We used Mike Staff Productions for our DJ and I would HIGHLY recommend them. More specifically, Michael Kasey was our wedding DJ on Saturday, June 24, 2017 and I just wanted to write to review how AMAZING he was. Our dance floor was full from the second open dancing started... Read More until the last song ended. Everyone raved about how fun he was and what a great time they had. I would recommend him and Mike Staff to anyone looking for a fun and easygoing, yet professional DJ. He was AWESOME!!

2017-07-10T13:01:55 Response from the vendor

We want to write you back, Jennifer and say THANK YOU! Michael said your wedding was a giant party thanks to all of the dancing machines that filled the dance floor. We are so happy to hear your guests were raving about your DJ. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Lauren A

My daughter used Mike Staff Productions for DJ services for her wedding. One thing I always keep in mind is that guests remember two things: 1) Was the food good; and, 2) Was the entertainment good. Kurt was our DJ and he is simply the best. He called my daughter and future... Read More son-in-law and got to know them as a couple and what they wanted for their reception. From that phone call forward, he was a "friend" - another guest of the wedding. His experience was evident, and yet he had the energy as if this was his first wedding. I can't thank Kurt and MSP enough!

2017-07-27T09:40:19 Response from the vendor

Kurt is smiling from ear to ear over here! He loved getting to know your family and had a blast at the wedding (by the way the food rocked, too!) Our team loves what they do and you will always have a friend with Mike... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Kelly P

Mike Staff Productions is truly an amazing company. They care for their clients as if they are family. I had the pleasure of working with Tim leading up to our wedding. He was so much help with everything we needed to accomplish as our day got closer. Unfortunately, my fiance... Read More was involved in a very serious car accident 3 weeks before we were supposed to say "I DO." He had to have 6 surgeries and has been hospitalized for 2 weeks now. When he is discharged from the hospital he will then need several months of in-patient rehab at a facility. I knew that his medical expenses would be through the roof and we could use every penny we could find. I asked for a full refund for the money we had paid. Without hesitation, Tim refunded us all of our money. I would definitely recommend Mike Staff Productions to anyone who is looking for vendors for their wedding. I look forward to working with them when my fiance has made a full recovery.

2017-07-27T10:14:40 Response from the vendor

All of us here at Mike Staff Productions are keeping you, your fiance and family in our thoughts. Recovery first and a beautiful wedding to follow. We cannot wait to be a part of your wedding, talk about what a special day that will be.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Katie M

Steve was just outstanding! He was flexible and adaptive to the crowd! I was so excited to see all my friends and family be able to dance the night away and enjoy the songs they love!

2017-07-27T10:15:12 Response from the vendor

Isn’t it awesome having everyone you love out on the dance floor? So glad Steve rocked your wedding. Playing great tunes, reading the room and keeping the folks dancing is our job and we love it! We can’t thank you enough for allowing us to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Meghan K

My wedding was on 4/28/17 and I think I got in touch with Mike Staff Productions about a year before and absolutely loved working with everyone I encountered. Y'all are no doubt the best and know what it takes to make a wedding so much fun. We had the pleasure of having DJ Dave... Read More who was phenomenal. He was so chill and knew exactly what it was we wanted. He worked so hard to make it all happen, from playing our favorite songs to getting people organized for group pictures...everything worked out without a hitch. I am so impressed and am so happy we went with you guys. Thank you so much for making our special day one we'll never forget!

2017-07-27T10:15:44 Response from the vendor

We can’t thank you enough for having us! Dave loved working with you. Our DJ’s are like swiss army knives (just less sharp!) They love playing great music, keeping the night flowing and hey, they’ll even organize photo ops if needed :) We wish you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 John G

Kevin was a fantastic DJ. He did a great job reading the crowd and also took requests and didn't play the type of music I had said we didn't really want to hear (such as line dancing, e.g., Cha Cha Slide). We are very happy we went with Mike Staff and I would highly recommend... Read More Kevin to anyone!

2017-07-27T10:16:16 Response from the vendor

If there’s something you don’t want played -- consider it gone! That’s why our DJ’s love working with couples prior to the wedding to nail those details down. Kevin had a great time at your wedding and said your crowd rocked (and had great requests)!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Clara W

There is not enough amazing things I could say about our experience with Mike Staff and our DJ, Randy. Booking the DJ was a task I left to the groom (not without some hesitation though!) Lucky for me, he picked the best guy that he possibly could have! All of the compliments I... Read More received that night from our wedding guests meant they saw in Randy what we did... professionalism, an amazing personality, funny, and witty, and overall great at his job. His love for what he does clearly shows. Our dance floor was PACKED the whole night and the dancing never stopped. He was a large part of what made our wedding night so great! I would recommend Randy to anyone!

2017-07-27T10:17:09 Response from the vendor

Sometimes it’s hard to let the groom take charge -- but it looks like he nailed it (you got yourself a keeper)! Randy is a pretty great guy (and is totally blushing over this review)! We are so thrilled to hear he rocked your wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Rachel S

Extremely professional and organized vendor. We worked with Seth as our DJ and had an absolutely packed danced floor throughout the entire reception! Thumbs up all around!

2017-07-07T08:08:11 Response from the vendor

This review deserves a giant thumbs up, too! Thanks so much! DJ Seth had a blast working with you and your party animal guests. We appreciate the kind words, our goal is to make your day fun, special and stress free!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Amanda B

Mike Staff and DJ Dan made our wedding perfect! From beginning to end, DJ Dan was organized, professional, and truly the main reason everything went smooth. Our guests of all ages danced until the very end. It was truly the best day of our lives. Thank you Mike Staff and DJ... Read More Dan!!

2017-07-07T08:09:00 Response from the vendor

When we get kids *and* grandparents on the dance floor -- it’s the best feeling ever! Thank you for making Mike Staff Productions a part of your day. DJ Dan wanted to make sure he played awesome tunes and kept the night moving on schedule.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Krysta R

Mike Staff Productions was phenomenal! We took advantage of the bundled service for photography, videography and DJ which made the process far easier given they've all worked together before, and the venue works directly with one company rather than 3. We don't have enough... Read More positive things to say about our DJ, John. He was perfect! The dance floor was packed literally the entire night with every generation. We wanted it to transition to a bit more of a clubby vibe, which John was able to do perfectly, but also in a way that incorporated songs that our family friends wanted to dance to. Highly recommend!

2017-06-16T11:08:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!! Jon said he had a blast with you guys. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with other couples!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Maria l

I wish there was more than 5 stars! They were SO easy to do business with! We had DJ Mike and I am so glad we picked him!!! He made the night! The dance floor was full ALL night long! We also had him there for our ceremony music and our officiant was actually late due to... Read More traffic, the second she showed up he got her all hooked up with the mic and ready to go so there would be no more delays! I can't rave enough about him and Mike Staff Productions! SOOOOOO amazing! You WILL NOT regret going with them!

2017-07-07T08:09:48 Response from the vendor

We won’t let a little traffic stand in the way of the biggest of your life! So glad DJ Mike was able to help get your ceremony moving and keep your dance floor packed at the reception -- this feedback rocks! Oh and we’ll take... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Tiffany B

Our dj Bob was amazing he kept the reception running smoothly and was excellent!!

2017-07-07T08:10:43 Response from the vendor

Music, Coordination, Fun -- that’s what our DJs focus on! So glad Bob was a great fit at your wedding. We truly appreciate you having Mike Staff Productions be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Michelle B

Our DJ helped organize the day and was on point with the music selections!

2017-07-07T08:10:20 Response from the vendor

Yes! Yes! Yes! We love to hear that. Thanks for choosing Mike Staff, Congrats!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Maddie D

Kevin J. was great! The dance floor was very full, played all the right songs, and did a good job keeping the day going as we were running behind.

2017-07-07T08:11:31 Response from the vendor

Kevin is smiling ear to ear reading this! Packed dance floors are the best, right? Don’t worry about any delays at your wedding. It wasn’t the first and won’t be the last -- and we love to help! We wish you the best, thanks for... Read Less Read More

Mike Staff

Over two decades ago, Mike Staff launched Mike Staff Productions to save weddings from cheesy, over-the-top, embarrass-your-guests type of DJs. Mike and his amazing team are still revolutionizing the wedding industry to this day with award-winning DJ, Photography and Videography services; focused on the bride and groom’s personalized needs and always surpassing expectations in a remarkable way. “Great weddings come with great responsibility. We’re here for you.” – Mike