Classy and Professional DJs. Fun Weddings.

We work with couples who want a stress-free and FUN wedding reception that’ll be talked about for years. You’ll get personalized service from experienced people who love what they do. Click on the tabs above or visit our website to see why we are Detroit’s most highly reviewed DJ service.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

1934 Livernois Rd, Troy, MI Serving all of Michigan (877) 689-0777

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Lauren T

I highly recommend Mike Staff Productions! Made our lives so easy :) We got our DJ (DJ Mike), Videographer (Gigi) and Photographers (Diego/Donna) from Mike Staff and all were amazing. Tim took time with us to watch different videos to make sure we picked the entertainment best... Read More suited for us. From there they pretty much organized everything! We had touch bases here and there with each of our entertainers but for the most part they pretty much knew what to do! DJ Mike was fantastic! We were really nervous about the music because we feel that the DJ definitely makes or breaks the party. DJ Mike exceeded our expectations. He made sure to mix it up to appeal to different parts of our party and made sure to get everyone on the dance floor. Diego and Donna definitely had a vision for pictures and they turned out great. They really listened to what we wanted and had great energy and professionalism the entire night. The pictures turned out great. And Gigi was just a ball of energy! I felt like she was everywhere!! I'm so happy how everything turned out and I'd highly recommend Mike Staff to help make wedding planning stress free :)

2017-05-19T13:27:05 Response from the vendor

Okay, we're not THAT good :) Seriously, though, THANK YOU for taking the time to share your experience with other couples. We love working as a team, looking out for each other and making sure you have the best day possible!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

THE BEST DJ SERVICE OUT THERE! Before officially booking with Mike Staff I went out to have a sit down meet and greet for more information. Out of all the other vendors I had spoken to at that point, Mike Staff was BEYOND the most professional and had the BEST customer service.... Read More From the beginning they were so enthusiastic and caring about the vision I had for my wedding. I had personally seen the year before at two separate weddings where a DJ was rude and disrespectful to the bride and guests, and wouldn't play the music requested. You would never come across this booking with this DJ Service, I have already recommended them to my friends who will be using them later this year for their wedding. From the moment I walked up to the reception hall DJ DAN was ready to go and was able to help direct not just me but my wedding party for their entrance. DJ DAN was my life line throughout the reception, he checked in with me for everything and knew how to read the crowd so well. My worst fear was that No ONE would dance at my wedding, and that was not the case with DJ DAN. Please book Mike Staff Productions today!

2016-08-09T08:56:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for letting us be part of your wedding day. Dan says your guests were great on the dance floor!

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Ashleigh B

The only job I gave my fiancé was to book the DJ. He decided to book at the first meeting, without talking to anyone else. Needless to say I was a little concerned. I shouldn't have been! DJ Phil was fantastic! He was easy to reach and quick to answer questions, even up... Read More until the morning of the wedding. At the reception, he kept everyone dancing all night long! We were so surprised at some of our guests that stayed until the end and danced, all thanks to Phil's ability to read the crowd and keep people up and having fun. I really appreciated that Phil sought me out at one point to ask if someone's request could be played since it was very similar to a song on our "do not play list". Phil made our wedding exactly what we wanted...a really fun night that we will remember forever!

DJ Company that gives back to community

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Amy J

Mike Staff productions is a great company that not only provides exceptional services, but also gives 10% back to the community. It is unlike any other company that gives and puts customers first. Our DJ did a great job and there was a mixup with some songs but Mike's Staff make... Read More it right with us, and that made us love them even more. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Alicia C

John and James were absolutely AMAZING! They really captured every moment and made the process memorable. I loved the time each of them took to make sure everything looked perfect. They both were very professional and absolutely hilarious. My husband and I had a blast with these... Read More two guys. Highly recommend! Thank you both so much!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Paul P

We would definitely recommend using Mike Staff as a DJ for a wedding. We had DJ Kyle and he made our night a night to remember. Many guests gave us compliments and he kept the dance floor FULL all night long. We did not give him a lot of songs to play and let him work his magic.... Read More And that is exactly what he did. Thanks Kyle!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Taylor K

Mike Staff Productions is run top notch. They were an amazing vendor to work with. It all started with Randy giving us all the information we needed and always being able to communicate. We had Al as our DJ and he was awesome! He called us about a week before our wedding,... Read More where we chatted for about an hour about our ideas and expectations. He was very helpful when we weren't sure on some ideas. He even gave us some opinions due to his experiences at the weddings he's done which was super nice in decision making. After dinner, my now husband and I escaped for some sunset pictures on the beach. During that time he played Moana and Frozen and the kids were LOVING it, therefor their parents loved it too! But really, who doesn't love some Disney music in their life? He had a wide range of music selections. He listened to us when we said we wanted a few requests for my husbands grandpa. He even played songs that I didn't even know I wanted but loved (Whitney Houston)! We had a wide range of music tastes in attendance and at some point the majority made their way to the dance floor. Again, Al was AMAZING and it was hands down great experience using Mike Staff for our DJ needs. I would use them over and over again!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Erika L

I don't know what I can say about Mike Staff Productions that hasn't already been said, but I just had to write a review anyway because my experience with them was so beyond phenomenal. For starters, I called and was able to book my wedding date and put down a deposit in <5... Read More minutes-- the best thing in the world for a bride with a busy schedule who is planning a wedding on 3 months' notice! Their communication was proactive and responsive throughout the process, and any questions I had were answered immediately. Their online payment system was so easy and painless, and their thorough planning documents made it simple to put together a musical vision for our ceremony and reception. When we spoke to our (insanely wonderful) DJ Richard the week before the wedding, I was instantly put at ease. He was warm, funny, and charming, and I just knew he'd be a hit with our guests; besides that, he spent over an hour on the phone with me going over all the details, making sure he was pronouncing names correctly, and helping me organize the flow of our reception. He also responded quickly and graciously when I emailed him some last-minute changes in the days prior to the wedding. On our wedding day, Richard arrived super early to set up, and from the start of the ceremony to the last song of the night, he didn't miss a single beat. He nailed every cue, knew exactly how to maintain the flow of events, kept the dance floor going all night, was an absolute pleasure to work with, and even kindly checked in with me once or twice when he thought I might not like a song request. He ended the night by digging up an obscure Ingrid Michaelson song that I requested at the last minute for our final dance, and helped us end the night on a beautiful note. We are SO glad we chose to work with Mike Staff Productions, and feel so lucky that we got to work with Richard. Thank you for absolutely perfect service from start to finish!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Amy H

Pat G. was our DJ. He really hit it out of the park. I was very pleasantly surprised. Very professional and came through for us.

2017-09-15T08:43:24 Response from the vendor

We love a good home run around here! Thrilled that DJ Pat G. was a hit at your wedding. Our team of DJs here at Mike Staff Productions really take pride in doing more than just playing awesome music. It’s about proper announcements, the flow... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Sarah M

AMAZING! That is all there is to say about Mike Staff Productions. We had DJ Marty for our wedding reception, and it was hands-down, the BEST wedding reception I've ever been too (ok, maybe I'm a little biased..). DJ Marty was SO calm leading up to our and during our big day.... Read More You know how sometimes you have people that make you think you need to overcomplicate everything about you're wedding? "We just had three interviews with different DJs!" "We just met with our DJ for the third time." Not for me, and definitely not the type of drama/stress you'll find when hiring Mike Staff Production. I was a long-distance bride, planning my wedding in MI from WI. Mike Staff and DJ Marty handled all of my questions promptly and with so much positive energy. We didn't give DJ Marty too many constraints for a playlist - at that point, I was done making decisions, and just wanted to party! He. Was. FABULOUS. He pronounced all of our bridal party's names correctly, he pumped all of us up for our grand entrances, speeches, and dances. And most importantly, he kept the party going! We had a 4.5 hour dance party where literally, no one left the dance floor. At the end of our reception DJ Marty came up to my husband and I and said, "I've never been asked to have a 4.5 hour dance party where the energy never died and no one ever left the dance floor - this was awesome!" There were two components of my wedding that were most important to me: pictures and the party - needless to say, DJ Marty and Mike Staff Productions made sure my wishes came true for the party. I cannot say enough good things about them! If you're thinking of booking them, STOP THINKING AND DO IT! Thanks again Mike Staff and DJ Marty!!

2017-09-15T08:42:51 Response from the vendor

YOU. ARE. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do we begin to thank you for this rave review? You have struck a chord with our team because providing stress free planning, proper announcements and a rockin’ dance party are all of the things our wedding DJs take pride in!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Erica B

I had the pleasure of having Randy from Mike Staff Productions as the DJ for my wedding. I was thoroughly impressed by him and my guests were as well! I heard from many people at the wedding how wonderful the DJ was as he played things that everyone liked. As a result, the... Read More dance floor was full of people all night! I would definitely recommend Randy to anyone who wants a great DJ!

2017-09-15T08:35:37 Response from the vendor

Randy knows how to throw a good party and we’re thrilled to hear he rocked your wedding! Is there anything better than a packed dance floor? We can’t thank you enough for sharing your experience with us and recommending our company. We wish you the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Jennifer B

We had DJ Develin for our ceremony and reception music. He kept everyone dancing! The music flow was great and he was very receptive and responsive to our requests and our keeping the guests engaged!

2017-09-15T08:42:08 Response from the vendor

We love to hear that! A great DJ will keep an eye on the dance floor, not just stick to playlist. SO thrilled to hear DJ Develin was a hit at your wedding. Congratulations and thanks for choosing Mike Staff Productions!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Samantha C

DJ Dave was fantastic. He was organized, attentive, energetic and kept the music going. My guests all loved him. My husband and I were more than pleased. I highly recommend DJ Dave and Mike Staff Production.

2017-08-29T10:36:57 Response from the vendor

We were more than pleased that you chose Mike Staff Productions to be a part of your day, thank you! So thrilled to hear DJ Dave was a perfect fit for your wedding -- that's why we love allowing our couples to *choose* who they... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Katie C

My wife and I had the absolute pleasure of having Jon and Rex from Mike Staff or our DJ and Videography services! They were both absolutely incredible and just so great and easy to work with. With Jon, he was seriously the best DJ we've ever heard at a wedding (and not just... Read More being bias because it was ours). As you know, the music was super, super important to us because that's what really helps set the tone for the wedding and even-more so because we had so many genres we wanted to incorporate in to the wedding. Jon not only incorporated every single song we recommended and genre we wanted, but literally kept everyone on the dance floor the entire time! Out of 4 hours of dancing - we think we only left the dance floor for a TOTAL of like 15 minutes. It was incredible and we could not have asked for a better DJ. He was super awesome! We really feel like we got two of the best guys within their respective fields. We are recommending Mike Staff and these two guys in particular to anyone we speak to that's getting married or having a big event! 5 Stars from Katie and Mike!

2017-08-29T09:07:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 star review! You made our day, Katie and Mike! What an awesome wedding you had. Jon and Rex loved working with you and we are so happy to hear they made the day easy and stress free for you. (They... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Alaina B

I can't say enough great things about Mike Staff productions. We used their DJ services for our August wedding, and DJ Erik was absolutely incredible. He kept our guests dancing all night, handled all of the entrances and announcements well, and made sure to communicate clearly... Read More with me in the weeks leading up to the wedding. He made the night exactly the way we wanted it, 100% worth the cost.

2017-08-29T10:35:36 Response from the vendor

We pride ourselves on being a wedding company that knows being a great DJ is more than playing music and sounds like DJ Erik was a great fit! He loved working with you. It’s all about making sure your day runs smoothly, on time and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Elana C

We had DJ Dwight. There were no major mess-ups, but it could have been a little better. A few minor hiccups (a few awkward silent gaps in music during the reception, forgot garter toss at first and had to be reminded, missed my dad's welcome speech "fan fare" clip, song... Read More transitions and 'crowd reading' could use a little improvement) but the ceremony music, entrance and first dance went smoothly. He's a chill guy with a smooth voice and other than the above hiccups took directions well. Tim is great to work with.

2017-08-24T08:51:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for sharing this. Dwight had called me immediately after your wedding as he had equipment malfunctions. Thankfully, we all carry back-up gear and he was able to get the music up and running again. Also, thank you for talking with me about... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Alyssa M

I could not be happier with all three services that Mike Staff provided for us on our wedding day! They were great with keeping in touch, answering all of our questions, provided great suggestions, and helped everything go smoothly! We are so happy with how our pictures and... Read More video turned it, and our DJ did an amazing job! We highly recommend using Mike Staff!

2017-08-29T10:31:46 Response from the vendor

DJ: Check! Photo: Check! Video: Check! We are thrilled to hear you loved all 3 of our services! Doesn’t bundling just make your wedding day easy?? We hope you’ll cherish your photos and video for years to come. We loved working with you and are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Molly F

DJ Randy was SO great! He helped me plan through some small details before the wedding and most importantly he had EVERYONE up and dancing at some point. He was also very fun and kept the party going. Thank you so much!!

2017-08-29T10:28:15 Response from the vendor

DJ Randy certainly knows how to host a party, doesn’t he? So glad he was a great fit for your wedding and was able to bring all the details of your day to life. We can’t thank you enough for choosing Mike Staff Productions --... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Aline P

If there was one decision that made our lives easy on our wedding day it was hiring Mike staff. We worked with amazing professionals, everybody made our day fun and easy, our DJ (Randy Parker) did a wonderful job and so did our main photographer (Craig Irvine), Craig went above... Read More and beyond do get some cool shots which we can't wait to see and Randy had everybody dancing all night. We highly recommend Mike Staff.

2017-08-29T10:26:31 Response from the vendor

This is why we do what we do! You have no idea how much it means to our team that hiring Mike Staff Productions made your wedding day (and lives) stress free and fun! Thank you for this awesome review, Randy and Craig LOVED working... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Kendra K

Our DJ Joe was a professional. When we first talked I was freaking out some and needed calming down and he did a great job! At the ceremony and reception everything went just as we had discussed! Joe was a huge part of surprising my parents for their 30th wedding anniversary... Read More and was able to find some of our less popular but must play songs for our special dances! We had a great night and Joe was a huge part of that!

2017-08-29T10:16:07 Response from the vendor

You’re certainly not the first bride to have a ‘freak out’ moment and certainly won’t be the last but we’re so happy to hear DJ Joe was there to put you at ease! Our DJs know their job is more than just playing music :)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Andrew S

We used Mike Staff for our wedding and would definitely recommend them. DJ Dave was awesome and played all the music we wanted and kept the party going all night. We had so many people come up to us telling us he was the best DJ they have seen at weddings. So much fun

2017-08-29T10:12:33 Response from the vendor

Wow! What awesome feedback to get from your guests! You don’t know how happy it makes us to hear DJ Dave was loved by all, especially YOU! Congratulations on your newlywed status. Thank you for choosing Mike Staff Productions.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Jennifer U

We bundled DJ, Photography, and Videography using Mike Staff Productions and are so thrilled with our experience! We used Ca'Re Settles as our main photographer, and Ashli Cathey was our second shooter. Ca'Re stayed with me and the girls while we were getting ready and for... Read More pre-ceremony photos, including my first look with my dad. Ashli spent the hours before the ceremony with my husband and his groomsmen. Both Ca'Re and Ashli were extremely enthusiastic and engaged with us and our guests throughout the entire wedding day! They even got on the dance floor a few times to celebrate with us! Kyle Zagata was our amazing DJ. From the second he opened up the dance floor to the end of the reception, there were people up and dancing the entire time. He did a great job of reading the vibe of the reception and choosing songs to keep it moving along, and catering to all ages and genres of music. Kyle was very friendly and chatty with our guests, which made it feel like he was a part of our wedding, not just working at it! We only had the videographer for 3 hours, so we did not get to talk to him very much, but our guests told us that he did a great job capturing the cocktail hour while we were off taking pictures on the golf course. We can't wait to see all of the footage that he took that day! The editing team for the videography got back to us very quickly about choosing songs for each part of our footage, and their response to our questions was very quick. We received a sneak peek of our photos (15 photos) thirteen days after the wedding, and we are already in love! We get the rest of our photos on the one month anniversary of our wedding (August 22), and we cannot wait! I cannot rave enough about our positive experience with Mike Staff and the convenience of bundling all services together so that each staff member already knew each other, worked well together, and my husband and I had nothing to worry about the entire wedding day because we trusted them!

2017-08-29T09:11:34 Response from the vendor

Hope you had a great one month anniversary and LOVED your photos as much as we loved this review! :) We cannot rave enough about YOU! Wow, you knocked our socks off with this review. *This* is why we do what we do -- to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Devan S

Just awesome. Working with Mike Staff is very easy - we loved that they sent us videos of the different DJs who were available for our date so that we could a get a sense of who would match our style and vibe the best. DJ Josh Baker was fantastic. We had a phone conversation the... Read More week before to go over the detailed planning form that Mike Staff provided, and after that we knew were in excellent hands. On our wedding day, Josh helped with a bit of the coordination and schedule/timing behind the scenes, which we appreciated, and once the dance floor opened it never really emptied! From a music standpoint, he did a great job of listening to us and our tastes, but also reading the room and knowing what people liked. He was mixing music on the fly, and when he saw that a song didn't have quite the impact he was hoping for, he seamlessly transitioned into another one. He graciously played a few minutes extra for us at the end of the night, and we had many guests raving about what a fun dance floor he created. Thank you DJ Josh Baker!

2017-08-29T09:13:34 Response from the vendor

We’re just going to go ahead and say that *you’re* AWESOME! From your first phone call with Josh, to his coordination assistance, even the way Josh mixed the tunes at your reception -- we are thrilled to hear you loved your Mike Staff Productions experience... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Lindsay C

We could not be more pleased with Mike Staff Productions. Our Photographer (Mark and Mike), Videographer (Nick) and DJ (Bob) were all from the Mike Staff team. All 4 gentleman exceeded every expectation we had. Their work is incredible, they guided us through every step of the... Read More way and helped make our day seamless. Going with Mike Staff is a no brainer for all of your wedding needs. You will not be disappointed.

2017-08-29T09:15:32 Response from the vendor

Mark, Mike, Nick and Bob looooved working with you! You were a triple threat -- DJ, Photo and Video?! We love it! Having three services from one company certainly helps create that seamless experience on what can be a whirlwind day. We’re so glad that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Kristen N

My fiance and I knew the importance of a great DJ. They set the tone of the wedding. We couldn't have been happier! We had DJ Develin. He worked with me to customize my father daughter dance and entrance songs. He was great at reading the room and keeping people on the dance... Read More floor. Our dance floor was never empty. He was so professional and fun. We highly recommend DJ Dev.

2017-08-29T09:45:40 Response from the vendor

We love hearing that the dance floor was packed all night, but the sign of a truly good wedding DJ is attention to detail and it sounds like DJ Dev brought your vision to life! We’re so happy you chose Mike Staff Productions to be... Read Less Read More

Mike Staff

Over two decades ago, Mike Staff launched Mike Staff Productions to save weddings from cheesy, over-the-top, embarrass-your-guests type of DJs. Mike and his amazing team are still revolutionizing the wedding industry to this day with award-winning DJ, Photography and Videography services; focused on the bride and groom’s personalized needs and always surpassing expectations in a remarkable way. “Great weddings come with great responsibility. We’re here for you.” – Mike