Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

4400 Fort Jackson Blvd., Columbia, SC

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Roni S

Agree...Poor customer service. I tried to get pricing information from MiKel for a month. At the time of my initial inquiry, her stylist had my wedding date available. By the time she finally answered (after multiple follow ups) her stylist was no longer available. She seems... Read More very friendly, but it's very frustrating that the customer must repeatedly reach out for details. The appearance is that she doesn't need or care for the business.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Meg W

Mikel was so much fun to work with! She made me feel beautiful and special on my wedding day as well as my 9 bridesmaids, mother, and family friend! We had a big crew and she handled it flawlessly within our timeline! Everyone felt so beautiful, she was extremely professional,... Read More and we had a blast getting ready! She will make you feel comfortable and beautiful on your wedding day, what more could a bride ask for? I would recommend Mikel to anyone! She has fantastic taste and is such a joy to work with!

Poor customer service

Reviewed on 1/23/2015 Leona P

I contact Mikel over a month ago. She took over a week to initially contact me and it has now been 3 weeks since I last heard from her. I have emailed and called many times. I really wanted to use her but I will be using another stylist.

2015-01-25T21:16:35 Response from the vendor

Email responses can take up to a week to be responded to intentionally but I try my best to respond as quickly as I am able to. I am very sorry you feel you have tried to contact me and I have not responded. I've... Read Less Read More

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Zoe S

Amazing service and such a sweet person to deal with!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Misty S

Mikel was an amazing asset to my wedding team. She was so kind and put me at ease from the moment we met. She made great suggestions and helped me achieve the perfect look for my big day. I would (and do!!) recommend her services to anyone who wants to look and feel gorgeous on... Read More their wedding day!

LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

MiKel did my wedding hair/makeup, and her and her assistant did all of my bridesmaids hair as well. I absolutely LOVED my hair and makeup!! All of my bridesmaids loved their hair. When we first spoke it was through email and then when we did our trial she was even sweeter in... Read More person and she talked to me like we had been friends for years. Her and her assistant were on time, prepared and got all of us done with time to spare. Her pricing was a bit higher than other people I looked at but after seeing her work and then experiencing it first hand it, she is worth every single penny!!! I loved everything about my wedding hair and makeup and when I look at pictures now, I love it even more! MiKel is amazing!!

Nailed it!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

My daughter went to four proms and a number of other formal functions, all with updo's but no one ever captured who she was until MiKel! My daughter sort of knew what she wanted but nothing exactly specific. She left it up to MiKel and it worked great. The trial run for her... Read More bridal session was so spot on we knew we'd have no worries the day of. We had never used airbrush makeup before and our day was a long one starting at 11 in the morning for pictures, going until 10:00 that evening and so worried about it not lasting but Mikel assured us it would and she was right. My daughter has had her makeup professionally applied in the past and although nice, she always had a way of looking more made up but MiKel had her looking covered but soft, natural, comfortable....and no need for a touch up other than lipstick/gloss. She loved it and the groom couldn't believe it. He told her, 'You look so....YOU!' As mother of the bride I thought I knew what I wanted but MiKel very gently, professionally, tactfully let me know without me even realizing it - that my idea was quite young for me, that it would clash with the bridesmaids and that actually she had a look in mind for me....and again, spot on. It wasn't like anything I would've picked for myself but I received many compliments and quickly realized MiKel was right. As for cost, MiKel was a bit more expensive than some we had in the final running but she took time in the beginning not to SELL me on herself but to talk background and thoughts, the process, how it all worked. I felt I got to know her and her story and that mattered to us so overall I feel it was money well spent. Her laid back nature, not over the top manner, professionalism, talent all fit with us. I would definitely use her again without question. The only negative was that early on we kept missing each other via email and phone because she was traveling plus, this was a first for me and so I was a bit impatient. Once things fell into place though everything was great. Again, a very comfortable, laid back interaction.

Made my day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

I was extremely satisfied with my service. She did a great job making me look glowing and natural. My hair was exactly like I imagined!

The best decision I made--besides my Groom!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Melody T

MiKel is simply amazing! Not only is her beauty technique flawless, she has a way of just knowing what look will take your wedding day to the next level. During my personal experience with Mikel, we met several times before my wedding day. I shared my vision, photos of my... Read More dress and an overall sense of my style. She suggested some ideas to me and some were more daring than my original idea. At first I was nervous, I thought, "hmm a top knot can I actually pull that off?" Well Mikel showed me my options but ultimately let me decide. All she wanted was for me to feel beautiful and comfortable, no pressure. Well in the end, I went with it! I loved the sassy look she helped me attain for my reception and it was just "so me"! She is the ultimate professional and she will ensure you look gorgeous on your wedding day! Not only that, she is also so down to earth. A girls girl for sure! She will be an excellent addition to your list and help make any bride's day absolutely stunning!

A day you'll never forget

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

MiKel makes you feel like you should on your wedding day. Not only does she make you feel beautiful but she helps make your day a day you'll never forget. I refer her to anyone because I know she won't let you down. You will be more than satisfied with your hair and makeup and... Read More your husband will have that look that every girl wants when she's walking down the aisle like your the most beautiful person he's ever seen. She's truly amazing at what she does and has great talent.

Perfectly Flawless!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Laura J

Mikel was such a blessing on my special day. She did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. She was prompt and prepared. My makeup looked flawless in all of my pictures and was exactly what I wanted. I absolutely loved the airbrush makeup she used, it lasted all day and night!... Read More She is truly an artist and it shows in her work. Mikel and her assistant worked perfectly together in an efficient manner to have everyone ready on time. It was so fun to tell her to do whatever she thinks will look good, and let her impress you. She is incredibly friendly, overly-prompt, and her services will be your best investment!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Lindsay K

MiKel is AWESOME! After looking at MiKel's website, I booked an appointment with her for just a haircut to scope her out and see if I liked her for a potential wedding stylist. I loved her from the beginning! She oozes southern sweetness! We started talking about my wedding... Read More and personal style. We totally clicked....vintage china, farm tables, and soft, feminine romantic colors :) A major positive for MiKel is that she stays true to her brand. She helps brides look classic, southern, natural, and effortlessly beautiful. One example is this: For my trial run, I had a style in mind and MiKel spent about an hour trying. Most stylist would have "made it work" to make the client happy; MiKel knows that each bride's look is an extension of her brand, so thankfully she was honest. She suggested a different style and was completely right. In the end, she made me look exactly like the girl's featured on her website...which is exactly what I wanted :) MiKel is a true professional. After I expressed interest in her wedding day services, she immediately emailed me a pricing sheet. She continued professional communication through email and even text. She had requested my hair "inspiration" sent through email so she could reference it when practicing the style. She arrived prepared and knew exactly how to do my make-up and hair. You could tell she had practiced the style, especially since we didn't do a hair trial. She is the most talented stylist I've ever worked with (and trust me, I've been in ALOT of weddings and gotten a lot of haircuts!), plus her professionalism and honesty is so refreshing during such an important time in a bride's life.

5 stars!!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2014

My hair and makeup were perfect! It turned out exactly how I wanted. Mikel was wonderful! I would recommend her to anyone!