Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago

Chicago, IL

Book Your Wedding with Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago, Illinois, is an iconic landmark in the city and one that has a colorful history. Apart from grand ceremonies and receptions, Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago also hosts other intimate wedding events including rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, luncheons and engagement parties.

Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago has retained much of its original charm, which gives your wedding a touch of glamour and history that harkens back to the Roaring Twenties.

Crystal Ballroom. This grand ballroom is the largest and most elegant in the hotel and features a domed gilded ceiling, crystal chandeliers and illuminated dance floor. The Ballroom is 4,961 square feet and accommodates dinner-style seating for 275 guests or 450 guests for a standing cocktail reception event.

Towers East or Towers West.The towers are on a private floor for intimate receptions, ceremonies, anniversary parties and family celebrations. You may use one or both of the towers with 1,980 square feet each. The two rooms accommodate 100 guests each with dinner-style seating or 260 guests with a standing cocktail reception event.

Promenade.Connected between Towers East or Towers West, the Promenade has a floor area of more than 1,000 square feet. It has a maximum capacity of 100 guests with a seated dinner reception and up to 150 guests with a cocktail reception layout.

Prince of Wales.This room is perfect for a farewell brunch the day after your wedding, with beautiful original wood paneling and bright sunny windows. With 1,737 square feet of floor space, this room accommodates 80 guests with a seated reception layout and up to 150 guests with a standing cocktail reception.

The Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago has a food and beverage minimum. Couples can attend a tasting to decide on the menu for their event. The chef and his team will create a delicious meal for you and your guests.

Amenities and services that are inclusive of the wedding packages at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago:

• Dressing parlor areas for the bride and the groom
  • Dance floor
  • Sparkling wine toast
  • Wine service with dinner
  • 4 hours of open bar
  • Wedding cake
  • Venue set up and clean up

*Valet parking and a coat check are available for additional fees.

• Newlyweds receive a complimentary suite on the night of their wedding
  • Complimentary tasting of wedding menu for four persons
  • Wedding block reservation is available for wedding guests at discounted prices
  • Guests have access to the hotel's the 24-hour fitness center

Creating a Lifetime of Memories

Few venues match the splendor and beauty of the Millennium Knickerbocker hotel. Located on the famed Magnificent Mile, the Knickerbocker emanates the allure and glamour reminiscent of the 1920s and 1930s. The Crystal Ballroom is a venue rich in history, elegance, tradition and is the setting for many prominent weddings. Nothing compares to the ballroom's gold-gilded ceiling and exclusive ambience. It’s the perfect place for your urban fairytale wedding. Whether you are planning a glamorous dinner reception for 275 or an intimate dinner reception for 50, we have the space in a timeless setting.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

163 East Walton Place, Chicago, IL (312) 751-8100

My Dream Wedding Come True!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Jacqueline R

What I wanted: An architecturally interesting, historic, unique, chic & classy venue in downtown Chicago. I got this and more at the Knickerbocker Hotel! My husband and I looked at pretty much all the other comparable venues in Chicago and this was the ONE! Not going to... Read More lie, if we were millionaires my first pick would have been The Blackstone, but the much more "affordable" Knickerbocker won out. It was "love at first sight" when we entered the Crystal Ballroom for the first time. It is such an unforgettably beautiful room that we did not have to worry too much about decorations. Can't forget to mention the light-up dance floor here - the guests just loved it (especially the kids!!) I also found the "all inclusive" wedding package (includes the space, table/chairs/linens, food, drink, cake, champagne parade, etc) to be a wedding planning blessing. Since the Knickerbocker has only one ballroom, you don't have the share your big day with other wedding parties, which makes it that much more special! I also liked the separate cocktail hour spaces. Chef Valeria Benner was ABSOLUTELY amazing and we got a ton of compliments about the food; from several guests even heard that the "filet was cooked just perfect" (never heard this before at a wedding). The fact that our guests could also stay at the same place as the reception was a huge plus, and yet it didn't feel like your typical hotel wedding. As the bride and groom, we got the Bridal Suite comp'd for two nights(ahhh it was so amazing I didn't want to leave!). If you are having a large wedding (200+), don't hesitate to ask them to throw in some stuff... You never know unless you ask! :) Most importantly, Victor Zarroli, the Catering Manager, was with us from day one and made the planning both a breeze and a blast! He was sure to accommodate any requests and was just an absolute joy to work with! We were so happy when Aleen joined his team later in the year, because she proved to be a huge help and was such a pleasure to work with - great attitude, so patient & so sweet! She even helped us get our guest favors' for a great price with her connections! I could go on and on about this place, but in the end, all that really matters is that I would never even think about changing our wedding venue - it was absolutely perfect for what we wanted and just as important, our guests enjoyed themselves immensely! The service team, especially Victor, really came through on the wedding day and made me feel like a princess! I had no worries on my wedding day thanks to them!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Kelly P

I cannot begin to say enough good things about my wedding at The Knickerbocker! I began the process back in January, and The Knickerbocker was the first of 12 venues that my husband and I saw. We had a meeting scheduled with Mark Johnson. Our first meeting with Mark was... Read More effortless. He was kind, very thorough, and interested in getting to know my husband and I. I did not feel like "just another couple" with him. As the months went on, Mark continued to be forthcoming with details and information, which I really appreciated. I did not feel like I had to hound him down; he was always two steps ahead of me. The few days before the wedding were so easy because of the staff at the hotel. According to our guests, the food was great, the dance floor was stellar, and the hotel blocks were very reasonable. They also said the dinner was staffed and timed perfectly. I would recommend The Knickerbocker to anyone who is planning a wedding and wants an unique 1920's style wedding!

avoid

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Clare

We were very, very unhappy with the customer service at this venue when exploring it as an option for a wedding. Rude is a polite term for the attitude towards our party.

Perfect for Vintage/Romantic Wedding

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Kala C

The staff at the Knickerbocker are unbelievably accomodating - especially throughout the wedding weekend. From the moment our guests arrived they were waited on nonstop. The months and weeks leading up to the wedding were very stress-free due to the catering department's... Read More flexibility and organization. The ballroom is absolutely gorgeous! It's a must-see!

My fairytale wedding came true!

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Carina

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Knickerbocker and the wedding coordinator Victor Zarroli. They made our dream wedding come true and were extremely wonderful to work with. I knew that I wanted our wedding to be at the Knickerbocker, long before my husband ever... Read More even purposed. We attended a charity even in 2010 and fell in love with the Crystal Ballroom. Three years later when my husband popped the question, I knew that the Knickerbocker had to be our venue. After meeting Victor the wedding coordinator, there were no other options. Victor is fabulous and is attentive to al of your needs and answers any of your questions. The staff at the Knickerbocker go above and beyond to ensure that your big day is everything that you've wanted and that it is perfect. The food is outstanding and the service is exceptional. Your guests will love the light up dance floor and the white glove service that is provided to them. I couldn't have asked for anything more on our special day and highly recommend the Knickerbocker.

A Venue to Dream About

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Kimberly P

My husband and I didn't have a difficult deciding on our venue – the moment we walked into the Knickerbocker's Ballroom we knew. It's rich history and beautiful aesthetic is difficult to compete with! Chicago's only light up dance floor was the icing on the cake;). The... Read More Knickerbocker has by far one of the most beautiful Ballrooms - if not the most beautiful! It's nice that the hotel is a boutique hotel so my wedding was the only event going on at the hotel. (As opposed to the Drake where there could be 3 going on!) Overall, the hotel and service was great. The food was AMAZING and I love that they team with Sarah's Pastries and Candies for the cake. My only complaint is the Catering Manager situation... They had a high turnover in management while I was planning – so either make sure you're willing to be on top of what's going on or hire a coordinator. Luckily, the Catering Captain Luis (who has been there for over a decade) was amazing to work with and truly passionate about making it a successful day.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 1/24/2012 Lisa D

When I looked at pictures of the Knickerbocker Hotel I immediately thought...No. I do not like gold, the light up dance floor is cheesy, absolutely not. Then I went there and I am so glad that I did. The venue is absolutely breathtaking. Pictures do not so the Crystal... Read More Ballroom justice in the least. The gold, and there is a lot of it, is beautiful and captures the feeling of Old Chicago. The light up dance floor is so fun and large! We actually had our head table on part of the floor because it is just so very big that you need some of that room! The staff was amazing and they did everything to make sure we were taken care of, even after losing several members of their staff over the year we planned they still made sure we were taken care of first. They did a great job.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/20/2011 Lauren G

We literally looked at one place for our wedding which was the Knickerbocker and fell in love! Not only is the room/light up dance floor amazing but the day of the wedding everyone was amazing! We were worried about the food at the hotel only because many of the weddings we had... Read More been to in hotels before were well below what our expectations were but every last thing was delicious here. Everyone is still raving about how good the food was. I would 100% recommend this hotel anyone who is looking for a place in Chicago to get married!

Beautiful Place, Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Elise N

So this place is absolutely amazing and beautiful. However, the customer service made the whole experience a disaster. Fortunately nothing was seen by our guests so it was mainly just added stress for us but it was handled so poorly, I have a hard time recommending working... Read More with the Knickerbocker in the future. I agree with the first review about Mimi Lopez, she was AMAZING! Honestly, she was the reason we chose to have the wedding at the Knickerbocker. She sold us on the all inclusive package and the ease of having the ceremony and reception in one place for our out of town guests (which was the majority). However, 10 days before our wedding, Mimi left the Knickerbocker for another hotel and we got stuck with Kelly. She dropped so many balls on our wedding day and the day before and was so unavailable both days that it was so much more stressful than we were promised our wedding day would be during the sales process. When my mother or I or my husband talked to her about it, she just tried to placate us with nice things to say but no real acceptance of responsibility or a commitment to make it better. She actually made it sound like it was our fault...somehow. The details of all the things that went wrong are not important right now and granted, some of it may have been because of the transition between Mimi and Kelly, but honestly, there are better ways to handle things when they go wrong other than making the bride and groom feel like it was our fault for expecting the certain experience we were promised over the last 6 months of planning. Kelly came off to me and my family as extremely inexperienced, unprofessional and honestly made the whole experience worse. The things that went wrong would not have been so upsetting had they been handled with better customer service. Definitely not what we expected from a venue that does this all the time for a pretty large price tag. We definitely missed Mimi!

Five Star Catering Manager

Reviewed on 4/02/2011 H C

My wedding reception will not happen for a few months yet, but my initial experience with the Millennium Knickerbocker has been outstanding. Contact Mimi Lopez. She knows what she is doing.

On the Ball!

Reviewed on 11/24/2010 Rebecca B

The staff and services at the Knickerbocker are excellent. The planning process was relatively painless and the Knickerbocker was always able to respond to us promptly. They were the venue most willing to work with us in terms of pricing and package, which is why we ultimately... Read More chose them. Plus, they have a light up dance floor. Win win! They easily reworked menu items for us to remove the mushrooms (allergic!) and even gave the bride's father green beans instead of broccolini at the reception per her request! Since they work with a catering minimum and we were short ours, we were given several fantastic options to upgrade and one that we chose was the Champagne Parade - which was so very amazing! I highly recommend it. The evening went perfectly - the staff had everything under control. From our guests we heard nothing but compliments: the room is amazing, the food is amazing, the coffee is amazing, the white-gloved waiters were amazing. Our Banquet Captain Luis escorted us seamlessly through the introductions and cake cutting and even managed to find time to hop into our photobooth! He was always right there if we needed something - from a champagne top off to simply answering a question on the dinner schedule. The events manager Lauren noticed that our guests were getting antsy and had the bar re-open a half an hour early to get them through the traditional dances. The event itself is quite unique, with the guests escorted in and out of the ballroom in different ways, the cocktails being in a relatively open area and basically all of the trimmings the Knickerbocker offers really sets it apart. The room is stunning, so no need to spend tons and tons on flowers and arrangements. Oh! And the room we were given for the night was divine! The hotel only has one event space of this magnitude, so the whole staff is focused on you during your day - which was kind of awesome. After all of the horror stories I've heard during my planning, I expected SOMETHING to go wrong that day. If it did, it wasn't the Knickerbocker!