Gold Coast Bridal Salon

Mira Couture is a design house devoted to classic wedding gowns, evening gowns and cocktail attire. Whether you choose one of our designer pieces or have a custom look created, Mira Couture is dedicated to your personal shopping experience. Please call us to make an appointment.

Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Custom Designs, Fashion

1 E Delaware, Chicago, IL

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Erica L

For the last year, my life has been all things wedding. Looking for a dress was something I looked so forward to. I had a girls weekend in Chicago with my Mom and Sister and we had appointments at 6 different bridal stores. Mira was my first appointment of the weekend and... Read More they single-handedly created the most magical experience, the other stores could not top it. My stylist - Lizzie - was the nicest person on the planet. She knew it was my first appointment..let me pick as many gowns as I wanted to try on...never once rushed me...let us take over the store for an hour. It was just such a wonderful experience and Lizzie made it so positive and special. There was no push for sale. There was no time limit she kept me on...she was like one of our family enjoying the special moment. The third dress I tried on..was the one! Every dress I tried on afterward was just not as special as that third dress. She let me put it on again at the end..and we just all knew it was the one. There were hugs when we left because it was such a wonderful experience. Every other store we went to over the weekend couldn't touch Mira. Beautiful dresses everywhere yes...but pushy and rude sales people, overpriced dresses and accessories, the experiences just did not live up to Mira. Lizzie let us come back at the end of our bridal tour to try it on Again and purchase it! Throughout EVERY fitting, every store visit...Lizzie made the experience wonderful. It was one of my most favorite parts of the wedding experience...the dress, the fittings....It was like going to see my best friends every time I went into the store. I could not recommend this store or the people who work there enough. THEY MAKE THE EXPERIENCE and all of the sales specialists were wonderful....But I would personally ask for Lizzie!!! Best Bridal Store in Chicago...I wouldn't even waste time going to others! Thank you Mira for making my wedding experience and my dress something out of a dream!!!!!

My dream wedding dress came to life!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Samantha P

I ended up being that bride who bought the first dress she ever tried on. My first stop for wedding dress shopping was Mira. I tried on a Paloma Blanca fit and flare style gown. Immediately I was obsessed, but thought, no, I can't buy the FIRST dress? What fun is that? I went on... Read More to visit 7 other bridal salons and then three months later came back to Mira and purchased the first dress I tried on. Mira and her team of talented seamstresses were able to drop the back and open my keyhole giving me my desired "open back" wedding gown. I have always admired covered buttons on wedding gowns, and poof! No fuss- they were able to add a train of covered buttons down my lace back. I had three scheduled fittings after the big purchase and their team was able to tailor my dress perfectly to my fluctuating on and off again wedding diet body.Not only were they talented, but they were OVER the top friendly and nice. I felt like family whenever I'd come in and visit. Lizzie, my personal bridal consultant at Mira, was amazing!!! She never pushed anything on me and was very helpful when I needed advice. She is youthful and fun and made the wedding shopping experience such a joy -- which is what it should be! Not only did I purchase my bridal gown at Mira (and have it tailored to my perfection) but Mira made me a custom dress for my rehearsal dinner. It was during my last wedding gown fitting when Mira asked what I was wearing for the wedding week. I told her I was so bummed that I hadn't found anything yet, and it was because I had a specific style in mind and just couldn't seem to find it at department stores. She asked me to explain to her what I was looking for and without hesitation she said she could create it for me. I was three weeks away from Wedding Day and she was aware and still said she would have it completed in time. The fabric was unbelievable and it looked exactly like what I had pictured. Not only was it stunningly beautiful, it fit me like a glove!! I have never received so many compliments on a dress. I have worn it after my wedding and still get the compliments! It's my favorite when people ask "Where ever did you get that amazing dress?" I just smile and say "I had it made by Mira" :) If I could, I would get every outfit of mine custom made by the girls at Mira- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Fei S

Very fortunately, I had the experience of ordering a gown, buying a sample, and having a new custom gown made in Mira couture. Julie is always so helpful, and her suggestions are very professional. The sample I bought is a red gown. When Julie first recommended it to me, I... Read More didn't feel very sure. But I'm so happy that I gave it a try. All my families and friends loved the red gown on me very very much! And all of the three gowns fit me perfectly. I highly recommend Mira Couture :)

One and Done!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Christine D

Dress shopping can be overwhelming with all the Pinterest perfect dresses you see online. Lizzie and the rest of the staff at Mira were all so sweet! They were able to help me with my vision and ultimately I found the dress of my dreams. I didn't need to go to any other dress... Read More stores because of the selection they had I knew I had found the one! The experience and overall day was perfect and I'm so thankful to Mira!

Courtney is Great!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Joie G

Courtney was my bridal consultant and she made our experience wonderful. I live in Florida but found my dress at Mira on a trip to Chicago. I decided right away that I wanted that dress but a few days later before my flight home, a had a panicky moment of doubt and didn't want... Read More to leave Chicago without double checking that I loved it. Without me having an appointment, she let me in the store right as they were about to open so that I could try it on one more time. Every time I received correspondence from Mira about my dress (when the swatch arrived, when the dress arrived, when we scheduled my fittings, etc..) it was Courtney that I spoke with. That was a nice touch of customer service because I felt cared for, not lost in the system always having to explain who I was and why I was calling. Courtney knew me and what I needed. When we made the trip back for my fittings, my mom and sister and I had fun chatting and laughing with Courtney and the other girls in the shop. We even got to meet the lovely Mira herself. It was a wonderful experience overall and I would recommend this shop to anyone. Oh, and beyond the stellar service, the dress was gorgeous and fit me perfectly after being altered by Mira's seamstresses! They had a better selection than the many, many other shops I had been too. I can't attest to the cost because my aunt paid for my dress without letting me know how much it was.

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Jillian C

I have known of Mira Couture for many years and have always dreamed of getting my wedding dress there because of the amazing experiences I've heard about. When I got engaged this year, one of the first things I did was go to Mira Couture. I was blown away with the affordability... Read More and quality of the dresses, the service I received and the beautiful ambiance of the store. It looks like something out of a dream. From the moment I walked in, the experience was nothing short of perfect. The staff at Mira Couture are incredibly friendly, knowledgable, patient and helpful. Mira was there herself and her beautiful spirit made me feel so comfortable. Julie helped me try on many dresses. She was kind, patient and very skilled at listening and executing the vision I had for my dress. Julie had a dress in mind for me and as soon as I tried it on I knew it was the one. I can now excitedly say that I've found my dream dress. The dress is a mermaid, lace gown with beautiful beading detail. it's everything I could have ever wanted in a dress and I can't wait to wear it on my special day. I would recommend Mira Couture to anyone who is shopping for a wedding dress . Their support staff is superb. The gowns are stunning. The shop is gorgeous. Overall, it was a dream-like experience and I will be recommending all of my friends and family to this store.

Amazing Dresses; Great Service!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Anne-Laure A

While at first I wasn't sure Mira Couture would have what I was looking for given its location in the heart of Chicago's Gold Coast(i.e. a large selection of reasonably priced - under $2500 - but still high quality wedding dresses), I was happily surprised when I walked in and... Read More found a variety of dresses in my price range (albeit the higher end of that range). That said, Mira did a great job pairing me with one of their Bridal Consultants (Courtney) who was so friendly and helpful with solid tips throughout the process. Courtney was with me from day 1 till the end and I loved working with her! I never realized I'd appreciate service from someone selling me a dress, but when it comes to the most important dress you'll ever wear, it turns out working with someone you like and trust is critical - especially that last month when final fittings occur. And of course, I LOOOOOOVE my dress, so for sure I think Mira Couture is the place to go! At the very least, make it one of your stops as you shop around for a dress. Despite the small size of the shop, it has a large dress selection and the service is wonderful (ask for Courtney - she is incredibly nice and helpful!) The only reason I gave 4 stars on Value is because, overall, dresses tend to be in the higher range even though some are in the mid-high 1K and 2K range. Just want readers to be aware this is a higher end place that also has "moderately" priced mid 1K - mid 2K dresses. That said, I had no problem finding plenty of dresses in that 1.5 - 2.5K range, so if that's your target, definitely try out Mira. The 4 stars for Service is only because there were a few tiny snafus the week of my wedding (they tried to give me someone else's sash with my dress due to confusion), but it was a total fluke and unavoidable as my consultant was unexpectedly out the week of my wedding so others had to take over without warning and did a great job considering the circumstances. Until that point, service was great and all turned out great despite the minor points the week of my wedding. TAILORING TIP - Although my dress required minimal tailoring, I'm so glad I did it with Mira - they did an amazing job and although a bit pricey ($260), I highly recommend having them do the tailoring if you buy your dress there. Convenient and professional results. Both highly worth it for the one dress you definitely want to look perfect for your big day. SITE VISIT TIP - if at all possible, try to go on a weekday - I know it's not ideal with standard 9-5 jobs, but it gets PACKED on weekends, and it's a pretty small space, so I STRONGLY suggest weekday visits to feel less rushed and get more space and time to try on and look around.

The Absolute Best!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 Ana B

Out of all the salons I went to in Chicago, Mira Couture was absolutely the best! Courtney made myself and my family incredibly comfortable and gave us such a fun experience. She even stayed late at the store one day so we could come back and try on a dress once more to be sure... Read More that it was the one... and it was! I am completely convinced that it was the wonderful experience I had at Mira Couture that helped me decide on the dress. I couldn't recommend this boutique (and Courtney) more!

Best bridal boutique in Chicago!

Reviewed on 2/18/2015 Tanya S

Mira Couture is, hands-down, the best place in the city for bridal gowns! From the minute my bridesmaids and I walked in, everyone there was very warm and inviting. We worked with Courtney, who is extremely helpful and very sweet. During that initial appointment, we got the... Read More showroom all to ourselves, and we were able to look through their impressive but still very manageable selection. We pulled several gorgeous dresses that were well within my budget, and Courtney suggested a few more dresses to help me hone in on what I really wanted. She made me feel at ease throughout the whole process and didn't push anything on me, and at the end of that appointment, I kept two exquisite Paloma Blanca dresses in mind. My girls and I spent the rest of the weekend searching in a few more stores, but by the end of it all, I knew I wanted to go back to Mira. I gave them a call to schedule a second appointment, and they were able to accommodate me the very next day. Again, I got the showroom all to myself, and I was able to look through their selection one more time and try on additional dresses just to satisfy myself that I was making the right decision. As always, Courtney was very accommodating. She also assured me that they can work with me to customize my dress if I wanted. When I finally made my decision, both she and Mira gave me congratulatory hugs. My experience with Mira Couture has just been absolutely amazing! I cannot wait for my dress to come in; I know they will work with me to make it absolutely perfect!

Mira is the absolute BEST!

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Jenny E

Wedding dress shopping at Mira was most definitely one of my favorite wedding planning memories. Mira was the first bridal salon that my girls and I went to and not only was it better than I had I could have imagined (so much more fun and definitely not nearly as stressful ad I... Read More expected), but my experience at Mira was something that no other appointment even came close to... I'm still wondering why I even bothered going to the other 4! Courtney was an absolute joy to work with-- she made sure to make our time in the store a memorable one, helped me find the PERFECT dress and was always available when I needed her in the months leading up to our big day. I was definitely a little hesitant to buy from Mira as an out-of-state bride but Mira, Courtney and the rest of the girls could not have made it easier. They were so accommodating when my first and second fittings were (literally) only days apart, made sure to send the dress priority and always kept me updated with shipping and delivery info. My dress was altered perfectly, arrived carefully and on time and was just outrageously gorgeous-- I have never seen anything quite like it! So in the end I was totally that girl-- I ended up buying the first dress I tried on at the first store I went to and I wouldn't have it any other way. From the moment I walked into Mira I just knew I was in the right place. I can't thank Courtney and the girls at Mira for making my experience so absolutely magical and I can't wait to go back for the next wedding in our group!

Only small issues, overall great experience

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Laura P

I was so pleased with the service and selection, as well as how genuinely NICE Courtney, Julie, Mira, and the alterations staff were. Seriously, I've never met less pushy salespeople. Mira is a true professional who knows her craft and surrounds herself with likeminded... Read More individuals, and I'm really impressed by the level of attentiveness they all give. This, obviously, doesn't come cheap. I think my dress was one of the least expensive in the store, but with alterations ($300, which is a LOT considering how little it needed) was still a lot of money. That would have been okay, but I guess considering my bustle broke after 15 minutes and the fact that I was constantly tugging at my straps makes me a little hesitant to call it a great value. To have that happen after several fittings was disappointing (and I only had a one point bustle. Nothing extreme). I think where Mira and crew shine is custom work, as they had a lot of women in the shop the times I was there getting dresses made. The bustle thing bugged me, no doubt, but honestly I had such a fun experience each time I went and Courtney was so kind and accommodating that I can let it go.

Highest recommendation!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Corey

I had the most incredible experience shopping for, buying, and having my dress altered at Mira Couture. They managed to maintain a chic but laid back feel while always being on time. The selection was more than I could have asked for and I love the dress I chose. Lizzie was such... Read More a pleasure to work with – so much so that I felt sad at my last fitting that I would not have an excuse to visit her anymore! My sister/MOH commented that EVERYONE needs a Lizzie when dress shopping!

Beautiful gown!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 John S

Great place - I had such limited time to find a dress so I'm so glad I went to Mira! It was a recommendation from a friend who said for sure I'd find something I loved. She was right! So many beautiful gowns and the price range I had expected. I love Jenny Packham gowns... Read More and found a lovely Aire Barcelona dress with the same sort of silky flowing style! The girls there were so helpful. A week before my wedding I realized it was too tight in the underarms and called them. They got me in right away and fixed it perfectly! Would definitely recommend!

Favorite dress shop in the city

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Cara J

Wedding dress shopping can be a daunting experience. After visiting a few other shops in the area, I was so happy to have found Mira Couture. Every person that works there is extremely kind and professional (even during the set up of appointments!) and they really go all out to... Read More make sure you are comfortable. I brought my Mom and Grandma with me and they couldn't stop raving over our time spent there and how attentive everyone was. They were able to sit close to me and it's just a really great set up for everyone to get a good view of the dresses and to feel involved. Mira's has a really nice selection of both timeless and trendier dresses at many prices points and are willing to customize or do anything a bride can think up! They really care about the bride's experience. Julie Adams helped me pick out and try on dresses and I can honestly say it was such a fun time! She has a great eye for what looks good on you while never being pushy (this is something that normally sends me running away!) She has the patience of a saint and let us try tons of variations of gowns with belts, veils, without, etc. and gave us plenty of time to make a decision. Be sure to check out Mira's, you won't be disappointed!

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Ashley S

I was so sure that I would be the bride that tries on a hundred dresses and goes to every bridal store in the city, dragging my bridal party along with me, before I found the "dress". I was so very wrong! I brought my two bridesmaids, my mom, and my best friend. We are from the... Read More suburbs so we planned a full day of attending bridal stores to try on wedding gowns. My first stop was Mira Couture, my first impression walking in was how beautiful the whole place was and how intimate it was. I was greeted at the door by my amazing bridal consultant, Courtney, Julie the manager, and even Mira herself! They made me feel very welcome and I loved how I felt like I wasn't overlooked being at such a large place, it was quaint and totally a personal experience. I explained my style to Courtney, as she began to pull dresses for me,and allowed myself and my entourage to start pulling any dresses I wanted to try on...needless to say we started off with a lot of dresses! Courtney was very informative letting me know prices (to stay within my budget) as well as explaining different designers and styles to me. I got into my first dress and I still can't believe it, but that is the dress I bought! I knew right away that it was the "dress," but I still wanted to have my bridal moment and dress up. Courtney very patiently allowed me to try on EVERY other dress we pulled, but I kept going back to the first dress I tried on and bought it on the spot! I definitely knew it was the one when Courtney glammed me up with jewelery, veil, and shoes. I felt honored and knew it was the one when Mira personally came up to compliment me, saying this dress was the best of the others. Needless to say I canceled all of my other appointments for the day and spent a nice day in the city! While bridesmaid dress shopping, I came across other bridal gowns and honestly just did not see the quality of the fabric and different materials like I see in my dress, so poorly made I would never even consider trying them on. My dress was very affordable, but it is also such a beautiful design with high end fabric that is layered just perfectly! I am absolutely thrilled to go to my fitting and wear my dress on my wedding day on the beach in Florida! I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Brides do yourself a favor and go to Mira Couture, you will not fall between the cracks at this place, you will receive exceptional service and attention. I would do it all over again a hundred times the same way!!!

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Michelle C

I was the type of bride who looked through every bridal magazine for my perfect dress. While I didn't have my eye on a specific one, I had a good idea what I was looking for - a simple strapless modern dress that fit my petite frame. I went to a handful of bridal stores in the... Read More Chicago downtown area including the department stores and walked out frustrated every time. At Mira Couture, they listened to my wants and dislikes. I was able to see all of their dresses available, unlike some stores who hide all of their dresses in the back. The second dress they suggested to try on was exactly what I wanted. Mira Couture is a very busy bridal store. However, they always accommodated to my busy work schedule. Everyone I worked with at the store was very personable and I valued their opinions. They made the wedding dress process easy and not stressful at all. The tailoring that was done on the dress was absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend Mira Couture who is looking for the same experience.

Dream gown, dream shopping experience!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Mallory L

I live in Seattle, WA and was home in Chicago over my engaged Christmas (7 months before our wedding). My mom and I headed downtown "just to look" - to get some ideas of styles (and prices) that I liked. I had shopped a bit in Seattle and we made one other stop before heading to... Read More Mira, where I instantly fell in love... with the setting. Mira Couture is an adorable little boutique, filled with gorgeous gowns. The experience was just so picturesque -- winter in Chicago, twinkle lights on the trees, surrounded by the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen... I wish I could go back every winter to feel that glow again! Adding to that experience was the beautiful, talented, wonderful Lizzie, who treated us as though she was there just for us, and who helped select gowns that I described that were in my price range. She patiently helped me try on several beautiful-but-not-quite-"the one"-gowns and listened to me describe very specifically what my dream dress would look like. She then appeared with a lace Rosa Clara gown, and that was it. We put on a veil, I twirled, took pictures, laughed, and stared at myself in awe as I decided that I would be investing in this dress, from this store. It was an investment, since I would have to travel back to Chicago for another fitting before the wedding, but it was well worth making another visit for. I was so glad that Lizzie continued to see me through the dress process on the two additional fittings I had at Mira. I also had great peace of mind that all alterations are done on-site, with talented seamstresses who know their gowns well. It gave me great peace of mind to have my dress in such good hands. Once the dress was completed, Lizzie took care of shipping it out to me in Seattle. I received so many compliments on my dress at our wedding and then after - it was exactly what I wanted and exactly right for me, thanks to the excellent personal service from Mira Couture. For pictures, see my photographer's blog: http://cassierosch.com/blog/mallory-mike-married-in-seattle-wa Thank you, Mira and Lizzie!

Great Personal Attention!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Annette B

I had a fantastic time at Mira trying on dresses. They had a variety of styles to pick from, which helped me narrow down the look I wanted for my special day. Lizzie Casper helped me and she did a wonderful job picking out dresses for me to try on. She was very sweet and... Read More listened to my opinions on dresses to help pick the best one for me.

The perfect place to find the perfect gown!

Reviewed on 9/07/2014

Mira Couture is a charming store with lots to offer. If it's your first time looking for a gown or if you've tried several on, you are bound to find the one at Mira. I felt extremely comfortable even though I walked in without a clue about what silhouette I was looking for. The... Read More staff was extremely friendly, patient and super helpful. They allowed me to see all the gowns they had available. I loved being able to hand select the dresses I was interested in trying on, unlike other stores where they keep the gowns behind closed doors. At no time did I feel pressured to make a quick decision or to try on dresses I knew I did not like.

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Ashley P

Mira Couture was amazing during the wedding planning process. Mira couldn't do enough to ensure that I was happy and taken care of and her staff was unbelievably accommodating. The staff was so helpful and nice and fun and I looked forward to each time I went there. Her... Read More selection is beautiful- it is where I found my dream dress. I would recommend Mira to everyone looking for bridal or formal gowns!

Quality & Service

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Jodi S

I found my wedding dress at Mira Couture by chance. I had already been at the store & left, when Julie called me to say I had to run back because she just got the perfect dress in for me. She was right! It was the perfect dress & I loved working with Mira & Julie. Julie was so... Read More bubbly & great to work with. She knew what she was talking about & consulted my mom & me since she is a designer herself. Since they also design dresses, I knew my alterations were in good hands.

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 9/07/2013 Kristina B

My experience visiting Mira Couture was so nice! I got to meet the owner of the shop, my stylist was so sweet! She was very helpful in picking out dresses. Their selection had many different styles. Their store also offers custom design. The store has great lighting and is well... Read More laid out. I would definitely recommend shopping at Mira!

Dream Dress for an English Wedding

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 linda c

Finding the right dress for that dream wedding is important to all brides! But for me there was extra pressure. I was marrying an English man and the wedding was to be held in a beautiful old mansion in the Lake District in northern England. Weddings there are quite formal,... Read More the guests really dress up, and all the women wear these amazing hats. I knew I had to have the most special dress that would stand out, and yet would fit the standards of elegance and grace demanded of a bride in England. I went to a number of bridal stores in Chicago, but I just felt something was missing at each one. A friend of my Mom’s had recommended Mira Couture and we stopped in. The minute I walked through the door, I knew I was in the right place! The venue is upscale, intimate, and beautifully appointed. Before I met with Mira, I watched as her staff bustled around a number of brides, making suggestions, getting feedback, and making the necessary alterations to the bridal gown to make it absolutely perfect. Mira took charge of me immediately. Although she has many beautiful dresses—many from European designers that only she carries—we ultimately decided to have her custom make me a dress. Unfortunately, I was not as slim as I wanted to be, so Mira called on her amazing 30 years of couture experience to design a dress that accentuated my positives and minimized my negatives. In addition to getting a stunning, one of a kind dress, the entire experience with Mira and her staff was amazing. Mira developed an aggressive fitting schedule so that the dress would be completed well before we got on that plane to England. The process was so smooth; I could concentrate on other aspects of the wedding, and not worry for one second about my dress. What a relief! And in typical Mira perfectionist fashion, three days before we were to pick up the dress and the veil, Mira looked at the veil and said, “I’m not happy with this veil—it needs to make more of a statement. The next day many sparkly Swarovski crystals graced the veil, adding subtle bling and making the veil a statement piece all its own. Thanks to Mira and her team my dress and veil were the highlight of the wedding!

Most Beautiful Dress and Best Shopping Experience!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Jenny M

I was blown away with what Julie did for me at Mira Couture! She designed a custom gown and veil for me that fit me and my style perfectly! I live in Brooklyn, and she was able to accomodate me whenever I was able to fly in to Chicago for fittings. Mira Couture will take of... Read More you, and make you feel totally secured in the dress that you choose for your big day! I could not be happier with my whole experience there!

amazing experience and dress

Reviewed on 8/28/2013

I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day, and I owe it to my experience at Mira Couture. I had a custom dress done and the staff at Mira's listened to everything I wanted. My dress was exactly what I had dreamed of my whole life. Everything from the... Read More design, fit and quality was extremely well done. If you want to work with a very talented and knowledgeable group of designers and seamstresses go to Mira Couture!