Book Your Wedding with Mistwood Golf Club

A BALLROOM IN ROMEOVILLE, IL

Mistwood Golf Club is located in Romeoville, Illinois, only minutes away from Chicago. Though it is close to a major city, this venue has a peaceful, isolated ambience. It is comprised of hundreds of acres of rolling green hills, including an 18-hole golf course. There are also decorative water features on the grounds, as well as mature shade trees and gardens. There are indoor and outdoor spaces available to accommodate small to medium-sized wedding parties for ceremonies or receptions.

The Courtyard. The courtyard is the most popular outdoor ceremony space at this venue. It is located just outside of the clubhouse, on a paver stone patio area with a beautiful wrought-iron gate. It offers sweeping views of the golf course, including one of the larger water features. Couples can exchange vows in front of a seasonal garden with the golf course as a backdrop. This space is large enough to accommodate up to 220 guests seated ceremony style.

The Great Hall. The Great Hall is the main indoor event space at this venue. It is a large space with an open floor plan and small rustic touches. There are large windows that look out onto the golf course and one of the large water features. This space can accommodate up to 450 people for a standing reception or 220 seated guests with a dance floor. Those who don’t need a dance floor can plan a guest list of up to 300 people.

The Terrace Room. The Terrace Room is an intimate space that works for small wedding ceremonies or receptions. It also looks out over the golf course and it has high ceilings with custom light fixtures. This space is large enough for 75 standing guests or 50 seated guests.

Mistwood Golf Club has an open vendor policy, so couples are permitted to contract the licensed professionals of their choice to provide various services, including photography and entertainment. It does provide in-house catering services which couples are required to use.

This venue provides all tables and chairs for weddings. There are round and rectangular tables to choose from and the chairs that are included are chiavari chairs with ivory seat cushions. This venue also provides floor-length ivory table linens and napkins. Couples who want different colored linens can order them through the venue for an added fee.

Couples are permitted to bring in their own decorations for their event, but all decorations must be approved by management before they are put up. No decorations that could potentially damage the walls or floors are permitted and neither are things that could potentially contaminate the grounds such as confetti and glitter.

Mistwood Golf Club is a beautiful venue and it offers wedding parties a number of useful and fun extra perks.

• In-house audio/visual equipment
  • Photo opportunities on property with a gazebo and stone bridges
  • Private bridal suite
  • Farm-style tables
  • Customizable menus

Mistwood Golf Club

Congratulations on your engagement! And welcome to a new experience in wedding planning... Mistwood Golf Club is a world class golf facility with a beautiful clubhouse that includes all of the modern conveniences and amenities for you and your guests to enjoy. From seasonal, on-trend menus created by our Executive Chef to comforts such as the private bridal suite, our services focus on your satisfaction. With views of the beautiful Scottish links-style course, outdoor patio areas and scenic stone bridges, the property at Mistwood Golf Club provides the perfect backdrop to begin your married life together. No matter your preferences our staff is here to help you plan a wedding that is uniquely you.

Same Sex Ceremony

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1700 W. Renwick Road, Romeoville, IL (815) 254-3333

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Krystyl S

My husband and I signed with Mistwood before seeing the final space. Mistwood was in the process of building a whole new venue/restaurant building and when we signed the contract we only had small descriptions on how it would look. When we finally saw everything completed, it... Read More blew us away. The venue, golf course, club house and restaurant are simply breathtaking!! Throughout the planning process, my main contact, Diane Cook, was awesome. I would ask several little (probably annoying) questions on a weekly basis but Diane was always there to help. She would always respond quickly and even on the weekends. Diane, Becky and the rest of the staff at Mistwood was amazing! I NEVER (and I may be biased, since I was the bride) had better service than the people at Mistwood. They genuinely seemed happy to be there and happy to help with anything. They made sure everything was set up perfectly and they helped us clean up at the end of the night. They really went above and beyond when it came to service. Every single server that I saw during the night had a smile on their face! I am still amazed at how perfect everything was set up for us. You can tell that they take the time to make sure everything is impeccable. The little details that I trusted them with to make my wedding everything I dreamed it would be was achieved 10 times over. The small details that no one will remember, but the bride wants perfect; the guest book to the escort cards to our candy bar favors. Amazing! The grounds at Mistwood were in pristine condition for pictures. The club house and venue were perfect backdrops for pictures. Mistwood has several bridges and a gazebo that also worked perfectly for pictures as well. There won't be a lack of places to take pictures. The actual venue space is magnificent! It is a whole space in the building that is completely your own for your party and your guests. They close off part of the building that is connected to the restaurant. You have part of the terrace space that they open the doors to let fresh air in and guest can enjoy. It's a great space for cocktail hour when the weather is bad. It really allows your guests to get up and move and not have the feeling of being cramped. Inside the actual space is gorgeous. The room is so open and welcoming that your bound to have a great time in it. The fireplace is simply adorable and our Marquee sign fit perfectly on it. The designer of this building really hit a home run, because the whole building is incredible. I am going to recommend Mistwood to everyone I know! The whole experience was unbelievable, unforgettable and beyond anything I ever dreamed it could be. A month later and I am still hearing raving reviews of the venue, the cocktail hour, the food and most importantly how amazing our wedding was. We couldn't have accomplished any of this without the amazing people at Mistwood who helped make our dreams come true!

2016-10-17T12:23:00 Response from the vendor

We were so happy to be a part of your beautiful day and could not be more pleased to hear how happy you were with everything! The staff works hard to make the guests comfortable and they will be happy to know that it doesn't... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Mary Fran G

We got engaged at Mistwood and from that moment on Mistwood was so accommodating. We then decided to get married there as well and we worked with Becky Edwards who was AMAZING. Our wedding was last weekend and the venue was spectacular. Everyone raved about how pretty it was... Read More and about the food. Becky made everything so easy, its like having a built in wedding planner. Honestly nothing bad to say about this venue!

2017-11-02T15:06:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mary Fran! You and John were so much fun to work with and we couldn't be happier for your family. The fact that you got engaged on the course and ending up having your wedding here makes the perfect love story! Come back... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jeannette S

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Mistwood earlier this month and everything was absolutely wonderful. I cannot say enough good things. Diane was amazing and so helpful during the planning process. The venue was set up better than we could have imagined. The food... Read More was delicious, the staff was wonderful, and the ambiance was exactly what we were hoping for. We would certainly recommend Mistwood for any event. Thank you for your part in making our wedding a day we'll never forget!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Ashley P

My husband and I had our reception here on Sept 1st. We worked with Diane as our coordinator and she rocked! She was always easy to get in touch with and responded quickly. They set up the room perfectly and made sure everything went smoothly. This place is gorgeous since they... Read More renovated the great hall. the terrace room for the cocktail hour was a huge hit. and the food was AMAZING! I am so happy my husband is a member here and we celebrated here because it was perfect!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Natalie B

We cannot put into words how amazing our Sales Coordinator, Becky, was to work with for our big day! Everything was amazing and Becky and the whole team at Mistwood truly ran a flawless event for Sean and I. From the start, we knew Mistwood would be far different than any... Read More other venue and each and every guest commented on how amazing everything and everyone was- from the service, to the food, and to the beautifully upkept grounds and the venue overall. Becky was so patient and professional with us throughout the planning process and executed our vision in a fashion that none can compare to. She was never pressuring and offered us suggestions throughout the entire process. Her and her team's attention to detail is truly noteable and very much appreciated! During our big day, each and every worker was more than attentive and helpful throughout the entire night and we cannot thank you all enough!! We cannot say enough about Mistwood and their team, and would recommend this amazing venue to all those looking for a professional staff that will help take the stress of wedding planning off your plate, all the while executing all details on a level incomparable to others.

2017-09-18T17:04:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for you kind words Natalie! You and Sean were wonderful to work with and you made the planning process FUN. Your day was truly beautiful and we wish you all the happiness on your new journey as husband and wife. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Anne G

We had our ceremony and reception at Mistwood and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! The venue was beautiful and the food was incredible and our event coordinator Becky was just wonderful and so helpful

2017-08-07T08:05:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Annie! You and Jeff so were great to work with, I wish you both all the happiness on your new adventure together. We hope to see you around Mistwood soon!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kathy H

I absolutely fell in love with Mistwood the moment I stepped on the grounds last July. At the time I was in search of a location for my wedding ceremony and reception and was sold the moment I saw the space and venue. The venue was not only perfect, but the staff was... Read More extraordinary as well. I worked with Becky Edwards throughout the 10 months of planning up until my memorial day weekend wedding. She was down to earth, honest, and quick to respond to any of my questions. She had constant communication via email and phone whenever something came up that she needed to run past me. I felt involved in the whole planning process. On my actual wedding day, Becky along with the rest of the Mistwood event staff were beyond helpful! They set up all my decorations beautifully, communicated clearly, and made the day an absolute dream come true! The Mistwood staff made my dream wedding day come true and I could not be more grateful!

2017-07-13T12:35:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kathy! You and Tom were so great to work with and you ended up with the most beautiful wedding. We are thrilled that you chose and trusted Mistwood to host your special day. We wish you both all of the happiness and hope... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Tania S

Mistwood was absolutely amazing! Diane and Becky we very knowledgeable and kind to work with. Everything from the grounds to the food and the service was top-notch! We could not have been more pleased with experience.

2016-10-14T09:15:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We loved working with you and are so glad to hear that you were pleased with everything. Best of luck to you both and we hope to see you at Mistwood again soon!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Cindy W

We had our wedding at Mistwood on 07/30/2016. It was PERFECT! Diane was great throughout the entire planning process - she answered all questions timely and accommodated each one of our requests. She was a huge help during the planning process. The venue itself is nothing less... Read More than BEAUTIFUL. Great picture locations, ceremony site is simply amazing, the Great Hall was perfect for our 200 guests. Food was great, drinks were strong, absolutely no complaints. Everything was ran smoothly - and they throw in just enough special touches to make the day go off without a hitch. Highly, highly recommend Mistwood!

2016-08-08T12:48:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review Cindy! Your wedding was beautiful and I really enjoyed working with you both and your families. I wish you many years of happiness!

Meet The Director of Sales

Diane Cook

Thank you for considering Mistwood Golf Club as your wedding venue. I have been planning events for over 10 years and love getting to know my client's unique personalities! An event that is able to incorporate special details and personal touches about the couple is a memorable experience for every guest. Let me help you create a beautiful event that reflects your style and your vision!