Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

3257 Milton Avenue, Syracuse, NY Central New York and Beyond (315) 545-4028

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Gabrielle C

Megan was the best investment to our wedding we could have possibly asked for. We hired her as a day of coordinator, but she was so helpful with all aspects of our planning. When we were having trouble finding pies, she brought some from a place near her for us to try (fantastic... Read More pies!). When ever I had a little panic attack about silly things like linen colors, she was there to talk me through it. The day of the wedding I spoke to Megan first thing in the morning and asked what she needed me to do. She said "nothing." And you know what? She was right! I didn't need to worry about one thing with Megan there. My last little antidote was during the reception. I was dancing with my guests and Megan snuck over to me to ask if I wanted to change into my comfy shoes. The thoughtfulness and consideration she had for us was immeasurable. I really can't recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Alex B

Where to even start with Megan - I can't imagine planning our wedding without her! She truly helped our dream day come true. My husband and I are alumni of Syracuse University and wanted to get married back in the place where we first met. However, we live out-of-state and so do... Read More our families. We knew we were going to need an expert in the area to help us out with planning. A friend recommended MLH Events and after one phone call, we were booked! We purchased the Weekend Warrior package, so Megan gave us her recommended vendors and we booked/planned a lot of details on our own. However, we couldn't have done it without her guidance! She met with us in person a few times and answered countless emails about the smallest of details. As it got closer to the wedding day, she had long phone calls with my mom and I to go over everything. She thinks of every single thing you might possibly need for your wedding day to go smoothly. We used her recommended vendors for just about everything (hair and makeup, florist, limo bus, DJ, etc) and they were all fantastic. Megan's expertise helped us with things like creating a wedding day timeline, creating a custom floor plan for our reception, a guest breakdown, etc. A few weeks before the wedding she took over full communication with our vendors and confirmed everything for us. She helped with the planning of our ceremony order and ran our rehearsal (a hard task considering our large bridal party and extended family). The day of the wedding, she and her assistant MacKenzie were absolutely invaluable. The way they set up the reception venue was even better than I could have possibly imagined - when I walked in that night, I literally gasped at how great it looked. They kept everything on schedule and if anything went wrong, I never knew about it. From my point of view, all the tiny details went super smoothly and there were no issues. Megan and MacKenzie helped with the smallest of things like wrapping me up in between photos so I didn't freeze, keeping track of my bouquet when I inevitably put it down somewhere, wrangling the bridal party and family and making sure everyone knew what they were doing, dealing with a fire alarm at the hotel which delayed things a bit, even having chalk handy to cover up the mud and dirt I got on my dress during our first look/photos before the ceremony. During our reception they made sure the bridal party all had drinks for toasts and refilled our waters countless times. They helped clean up after the reception as well and load everything into my parent's car which was such a huge help. Splurging for a wedding coordinator was some of the best money we spent on our wedding. Like I said before, I literally can't imagine planning our wedding without MLH Events. Our wedding day was everything we dreamt it would be and Megan made sure of it.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Sara L

We were very happy with Megan and appreciate all of her help! We would not have been able to do without her. I was pregnant at the time of the wedding and not able to dedicate as much time on planning. We purchased the "The Whole Shebang Package". I found it a little... Read More confusing to understand her role and responsibilities at times (vs. my role) but she ended up helping with identifying vendors and ordered/managed the flowers completely on her own. She also did the decor the day of the wedding and ensured everything went smoothly. Megan also personally picked-up highchairs and the after dinner snack. My only complaint is that during the planning process Megan would sometimes be unresponsive. There could be weeks go by before she'd reply to my emails. I understand she had other weddings scheduled sooner but I would have loved a quick note acknowledging my email. Either way, that's really my only frustration. Otherwise, Megan was incredibly professional and she's the sole reason my guests enjoyed the wedding as much as they did. In fact, many guests told me how well planned the wedding was! I found it funny because I didn't even start thinking about the "details" until about a week or two before the wedding. Thank goodness Megan had been thinking about the details; the guests only felt it was well planned was because of her! I really don't know how brides do it without a wedding planner. Thank you again for your help, Megan!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Kathleen R

We hired Megan at MLH Events for the Weekend Warrior Package after we heard our venue could be a little disorganized on the big day. I was expecting a helping hand for the week of the wedding but Megan went above and beyond. I was struggling to figure out the overall look of... Read More our wedding and Megan somehow understood my poorly expressed thoughts. After just two conversations, she came up with an idea that became the central theme of our wedding. She also provided very useful information that was not necessarily obvious to the wedding novice. For example, she explained which vendors should be tipped and how much was appropriate. She also made recommendations about how to structure the events of the day to allow for the proper amount of time for everything. Wedding planning can be stressful and when you're spending large amounts of money on the venue, invitations, music, flowers and cake, it seems easy to cut costs on a wedding planner however, don't do it! We must echo the sentiment that is present throughout all of her reviews...Hiring Megan was worth every penny. It was the smartest thing we did throughout the whole planning process.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Laura A

Megan was one of the best parts of our wedding. We couldn't have done it without her! From the start of planning and all the way up to the big day, she was available to answer all of our questions and inspire us with new trends and ideas. Megan is professional, innovative,... Read More and passionate about what she does. Her personality and approachability made wedding planning fun and easy. We highly recommend MLH events and have stayed in touch with Megan years after our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Lindsay L

Early on into my wedding planning I knew I needed help. I figured I could find the right vendors on my own, but the other stuff such as creating a timeline, decorations, day of coordination was just too overwhelming to say the least. My venue owner had recommended Megan from MLH... Read More Events, stating she was organized and was on top of her game. My first impression of Megan was how energized, smiley and bubbly she was, but at the same time I could tell she meant business. Her insight and recommendations gave me security that everything was going to be handled. There were times I found it difficult to stay in touch with Megan, but sooner or later she would return my emails and texts. The day of my wedding she did not disappoint! Anything I needed Megan and her team were there to assist from placing my floral hair piece, learning how to tie a bow tie to placing band aids on my tired feet. I could not have been more pleased with how smoothly the day went. I was impressed with how beautifully decorated my ceremony and reception were, just like I pictured it. Megan is a pro and it is easily said this was not her first rodeo. I would highly recommend Megan as a wedding planner, I don’t know what I would have done without her.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Meghan D

Megan is the absolute best! If I could take her with me and plan all my events for the rest of my life I would. Megan took my sparse theme of "sunflowers, wine, and Cornell" and made it the greatest day of our life. My husband and I were able to sit back and enjoy our... Read More wedding day because we were confident in Megan and her team's skills. I would absolutely recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Kayla M

I'm as bride-chilla as it gets, and MLH really came through to help execute our literary-inspired wedding and reception to such perfect that people are still talking about it, almost 3 months later.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Alana D

When I started planning my wedding, like everyone else I started getting a ton of ideas from Pinterest. However, I was starting to become really overwhelmed with not only the amount of work that goes into wedding planning, but also with trying to put together all of my ideas (or... Read More lack thereof) into a cohesive event that fit our style. My husband, parents, and I all agree that hiring MLH Events for Day Of Coordination to help plan my wedding was the best thing we could have done. Megan met with us several times to talk through everything from start to finish and brought up many things that we had totally forgotten to consider. She gave us a lot of great design ideas and had a ton of rental items which saved us time and money once we started getting into the little design details. She came up with the perfect timeline for our whole wedding weekend and she also coordinated with all of our vendors to make sure that everyone was on the same page (many of whom she already had a great relationship with). I also couldn't imagine not having her and her team there on our wedding day. We didn't have to worry about a thing because they were at our venue all day bringing everything together even more beautifully than we had pictured. They also stayed through the entire reception to make sure everything flowed smoothly and that all the candles stayed lit, etc. There is no way we could have pulled off such an amazingly beautiful wedding by ourselves and we would highly recommend hiring MLH Events to anyone who is even the slightest bit stressed out from wedding planning!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Kate S

We hired Megan for the "Day of coordination" and it was the best decision we made!! She was so much more than a "day Of coordinator". Our wedding was at a Summer camp. As a Venue it included nothing but the space, which was beautiful but required that we bring everything in... Read More ourselves, from linen to serving utensils, to decor. It was a big job and Megan made it seem effortless!! I truly believe that without Megan I could not have done it! She took charge when she needed to and really ran the show so I didn't have to worry about a thing. She brought my vision to life on a blank slate venue and because of her our day was perfect. She is professional but fun and I can tell she truly LOVES her job becasue shows in her work! THANK YOU, MEGAN!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 kuni r

I have had two "children" get married recently. My daughter got married 3 years ago. We did all the planning, all the providing, all the coordinating...and at the reception, some key staff at the venue were sick, so I did a lot of directing of vendors and guests. I felt so... Read More frazzled and split: I hardly remember the people and the fun! I do remember I danced just one dance. ONE. So when my son got engaged, and I was acting "MOB" for his fiancee, I knew that this time around we should get a wedding coordinator. This wedding was at the Frog Pond, which is a beautiful setting, but NOTHING is provided, not even running water, so the list of things to get and do was extensive. I have no idea how we would have done it without Megan. We hired her as a “Weekend Warrior” but she provides so much more than that! We had several meetings in the months ahead, which were so helpful and directive. She kept us on track and provided so many gems of advice and information. She’ll think of things you won’t (even with all the on line lists available) and will help you sift through all those ideas and plans you got online to keep only what is important. She knew which vendors to choose, what and how many provisions to get...she knew of resources that we never saw on the online wedding sites. She's been through this so many times, she has a great list of vendors she has confidence in. And they have confidence in her, which is another bonus. When you tell them you’ve hired Megan, they know they’re working not just with a novice, but with a professional they respect. She was totally reassuring at all times, and always had our back, both quality and budget-wise. The day of the wedding, I totally relaxed and enjoyed myself, as did the bride and groom! We had a ball! If I heard it once, I heard it 10 times from our guests: "Who was that wedding coordinator? She was fabulous!" People noticed, because Megan made sure EVERYONE was having a good time!! She was worth her weight in gold. I can't possibly do her justice with my words.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Ashley D

Megan goes above and beyond for her clients! I'm so happy that my fiancé and I booked Megan! Seeing as my mom lives in a different state and I needed someone else on my side up here in NY to make sure deadlines were getting met and making a timeline of the day's events. These... Read More are not the only things you get when you book Megan. You get a fabulous wedding planner who makes sure your day goes off as executed! Megan never once came off as bossy as some may fear a wedding planner to be but instead like a confident big sister type or even friend! Thank you Megan for making mine and Rob's day amazing!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Jeremy G

Megan was phenomenal. We had to plan the wedding from out of town and did not want to put the stress on our parents. MLH was a perfect liaison with the local vendors. She listened to all of our requirements and requests, and found vendors who could meet those requirements.... Read More She was very responsive even though some of the vendors were not. Her years of experience in the Syracuse area ensured that our 6 month planning period was stress less. She supported all of our visits to the area and highly respected our time. The day of service was a lifesaver. Megan and her team had everything planned out, and we had nothing to worry about. She ensured that we were taken care of at all times. She worked really well with the photographer (which we got separately). I would recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Amanda L

Megan is amazing!!! I was hesitant to hire a coordinator because I felt I had wedding planning covered by myself, but I am SO happy I ended up using Megan. Aside from decor, there is so much planning and scheduling that Megan covered from the day before the wedding to the day... Read More after the wedding. She is professional and thorough, fun and effective. She made sure every detail was planned but never overwhelmed me. She listened to what I envisioned and not only helped make it a reality, but she also offered suggestions that made my wedding even better. Megan works well with all vendors. I cannot recommend Megan more highly.