Personalized Planning and Creative Design

MMJ Events is a boutique, full service event planning company that specializes in unforgettable weddings and stylish social events. MMJ designs with the belief that your wedding day should be an extension of you as a couple. This allows us to take your vision, infuse personal touches and beautiful details, to create an exquisitely tailored, customized event. MMJ opened in 2009, and since then has been recognized in top publications and blogs including Martha Stewart and Inside Weddings. We also have added destination services to our resume, designing and planning weddings in Nashville, Dallas, and Montreal thus far. At MMJ, our team loves stories, details, and building relationships with our clients. We would be honored to talk with you about your big day.

Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Morgan P

There really are not enough words for how thankful I am for Meleka and her team! Being a planner myself, I know how much work goes into planning a wedding...and I knew the challenge we were up against since I live on the opposite side of the country! I've known Meleka since high... Read More school and have been so impressed and inspired by MMJ Events. After we decided to get married in Ohio I immediately called to lock her in. While I'm familiar with the logistics of planning a wedding I was very unfamiliar with the vendors in Ohio. Every vendor Meleka referred contributed perfectly into my design and overall feel I was trying to create. Meleka, herself, was a dream to work with and her growing inventory of specialty rentals elevated my big day! When her team showed up day of, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and I was able to relax and enjoy. Thank you MMJ Events for everything!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Bryanna R

MMJ Events helped us plan our end of summer destination wedding in Nashville that ~220 guests attended. We absolutely could not have pulled off our wedding if it wasn't for these incredible women. They went above and beyond for us throughout the year and a half that we were... Read More engaged. This included ensuring that we had the best vendors in Nashville, keeping us organized, helping us with design, and pulling lessons learned from previous events, to help inform us when we were making big decisions. Our wedding was not easy to plan. As I mentioned, we were planning a destination wedding, and on top of that, we switched our venue to a bigger space 5 months beforehand. MMJ Events was patient with us and helped us through the process of selecting and securing a new venue, although it cost them a lot of extra time. They also went above and beyond on helping us find the best vendors in Nashville and secure rentals, which we could have not done on our own. Leading up to the wedding I did not have to worry about finalizing anything with our vendors, which was a huge relief given all of the other things that take place leading up to the wedding. Also, MMJ Events uses the best tools in the business for their full-serve wedding clients. They utilize Aisle Planner, a wedding planning application, which tracks all of your wedding information in one place including the guest list, guest contact information, response information, budget, seating charts, design boards, and an extensive to-do list with dates assigned to each task. This tool was invaluable to me, as I travel almost every week for my job, and needed to have all of my information digitally in one place. MMJ Events was also accommodating to my busy and often unpredictable work schedule and was easy to communicate with. I appreciated their points of view when I asked them questions, and how they leveraged their past experiences to help us make decisions along the way. They are also extremely talented at design and coordinating a unique and cohesive event. They take a vision and run with it, and you don't have to worry about any of the details. The day of coordination was also wonderful. Meleka went outside of her scope to ensure the ceremony and reception went as smoothly as possible. For example, our band was not very prepared for some of the music they needed to play on the iPod for the mother/son dance, so Meleka jumped in, found the song on her phone, and hooked it up in place of the band. She really does it all, and she is all in to make your wedding the best it can be. Thank you to MMJ Events for helping us plan the best day of our lives and being there for us throughout the entire wedding planning process!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Katie L

When my now husband proposed in Puerto Rico in December 2014, I immediately declared we WOULD be getting a wedding planner because while I have big visions, I have zero creative bones in my body. We returned back to Denver where we were living at the time when I was perusing... Read More Pinterest for wedding ideas. I came across a photo of this beautiful ceremony space with chandeliers and big windows and thought to myself, "that is gorgeous!" It wasn't until I looked underneath the picture and saw it was in COLUMBUS, OHIO (my home town - hey!) that I started to really get excited. I then proceeded to stalk MMJEvents and Meleka for a solid two hours and decided then and there that her portfolio perfectly matched what I was envisioning for our wedding: creative, top quality, and uniquely personalized to the couple getting married. When I met her in person, I knew there was no other person who could make my dreams come to life. Through the process she was not only the most amazing planner, but truly became a confidant and friend. I can say, with full confidence, that I had FUN planning our wedding. I heard from brides these horror stories about how you just want to drop it all and go to the court house. Um, excuse me? Not for ONE SECOND. All I wanted was for our special day to get here and see our vision come to life. And when I say "come to life" I mean exceed my expectations beyond my wildest dreams. Our wedding was legitimately magical. I had zero concerns or stress the day of (except tripping down the aisle, but I realized I probably wouldn't be the first bride in history so didn't worry that much more). I loved every second of working with Meleka and her "say yes" attitude made me feel so important. She has extremely close relationships with her vendors and isn't afraid to tell you, "I think your idea is great, but what about..." and it usually ends up making your vision THAT much better. She's a professional and really goes above and beyond to make your day the best ever. Without a doubt, she's the best in Columbus. I have already recommended her to two of my bridal friends, and will continue to force my friends and family to hire her because EVERY ONE deserves to have the best experience of their lives planning their wedding and on their wedding day and Meleka and her team make that happen!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Rebecca B

MMJEvents should be every Bride and Mother of the Bride's first stop when planning a wedding. Our guests raved about the wedding! Meleka, Heather and Taylor attended to every detail!Outstanding team!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Julia C

I only have one regret when it comes to planning my wedding and it's that I only used Meleka and MMJ Events to do day of coordination and not for the entire planning process. I was stressed leading up to the wedding but once Meleka took over with my vendors I finally was able to... Read More enjoy myself. And I don't give these reviews lightly as I plan events for a living. I truly enjoyed my wedding day 10x more than I would have if not for Meleka. Also - using her sister company Aiden and Grace made the rental process a breeze. Overall I can't say enough positive things!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Natalie M

I married my husband this year and didn’t have to hesitate on who I wanted to help me with my wedding planning. MMJ events and Meleka made my process so much better and gave me so many different ideas that I really loved! Meleka is wonderful to work with and always in happy... Read More spirits! I just love MMJ Events!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jessica T

I handle stress well so I felt good going into planning, but little did I know how stressful it actual would be. As soon as I hired MMJ it all melted away. Heather and Meleka were amazing. It was the best investment I made for my wedding. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Brian S

I can’t say enough good things about Meleka and MMJ. I was living in a different country while my fiancé Emily was in Columbus planning our wedding. Whenever she was overwhelmed about things that needed to get done, I knew I couldn’t be there to help but could trust that Meleka... Read More always would be. She took such a stress off of us when planning our wedding and has become a friend through the process! I would definitely recommend MMJ events!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Rebekah A

Meleka is truly one of a kind!!!!! She has an amazing eye for design and pays great attention to detail!!!!! She planned and executed our big day to perfection! I cannot imagine working with anyone else!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Katie B

Meleka and MMJ Events are honestly the absolute best in the business. We faced the uphill battle of planning our wedding from another state and navigating a multitude of family issues that required us to travel frequently. Meleka was our saving grace. She walked us through... Read More each step, was always there when we needed her or had questions, captured every single detail and style for our big day, and made sure the day of went seamlessly. Thanks to Meleka and MMJ, We had the wedding of our dreams.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Sarah L

We hired Meleka and MMJ Events to do the day-of coordination of our fall wedding. What a lifesaving decision!! When looking for coordinators, Meleka was by far the most responsive and answered every question I had - obviously knowing the vendors in town and how to best work with... Read More each of them. I knew we'd be in good hands with a seasoned pro. She came on board a month before the wedding and lifted my stress away. From contacting all of the vendors to make sure everything was good to go, to sharing our timeline to make sure we were all on the same page, to being a part of every detail on the day - she made the event run so smoothly and beautifully. Even when a few snags popped up during the day (which is bound to happen), I didn't even know or hear about it, she just fixed things on the spot and I was able to enjoy a truly stress-free day. For a borderline OCD bride like myself, it seemed scary to make so many plans and then put them in someone else's hands. Meleka took all of that fear away by being so professional, capable, and lovey to be around. I was truly able to let go on my wedding day and simply enjoy my groom, our family and friends, and all of the beautiful work that so many people put into it. I would hire her again in a heartbeat. She also has an amazing software program to offer to help throughout the entire planning process (Aisle Planner) which is TOTALLY worth the price and kept everything so organized. And, make sure to check out her event design/rental business Aiden & Grace - so many beautiful things that can be rented for wedding decor (and super easy to do), and so easy to work with her in that realm since she was already our planner. Thank you for everything, Meleka. Brides: she's amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Liz C

We used MMJ Events for day-of coordination, and I'm so glad we did! I was skeptical that we would need to hire anyone for day-of, but our florist recommended Meleka and we couldn't have been happier with the way everything turned out. I and ( most importantly) my parents had... Read More peace of mind on the wedding day, knowing we wouldn't have to worry about the timeline of events during the day and small details during the reception. Meleka was a huge help in coordinating with vendors in the morning and week before the wedding. The Aisle Planner software she offers was a huge time saver in the planning process too - I definitely recommend it.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Jeremy B

Meleka was an absolute lifesaver and rockstar when it came to planning, advising, and executing for our wedding. She helped us plan our wedding from out of state and I wholeheartedly believe that our event would not have been as great as it was without her. Her 5-star reviews... Read More are really an understatement for how awesome she is and I would recommend her services without hesitation.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Emily S

I absolutely LOVED having Meleka as my wedding planner! As a bride that really hated making decisions, Meleka guided my through every choice and decision to make for the absolute greatest wedding I could have ever asked for. On the day of the wedding she was so calm and helped... Read More keep me calm, allowing me to enjoy every minute of the day. I would one million percent recommend MMJ Events!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

Thank you so much for your help!! And being with us on our big day. It wouldn't have been the same if you hadn't been there! You are the best planner in Columbus. I hope there is more chance to work with you in the future. Best wishes for you!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kaylah T

We used MMJ events for day of planning and I honestly don't think I could have done it without them!! Heather was FANTASTIC in calming me down the weeks leading up to the wedding. She confirmed the schedule and payment with all my vendors which was a life saver! She kept... Read More everyone so organized the day of our wedding. I didn't have to think about a thing but the great time I was having!! HIGHLY recommend using MMJ Events!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Sarah K

Thank you Meleka and MMJ Events for creating the most incredible wedding day for us! Meleka was recommended by a friend and having her as our wedding planning from the start was the best decision we made throughout this process. We got married at the Ohio Statehouse on September... Read More 10th - I can't believe it has already been over a month since our special day. Each day that goes by I think about a different detail from our wedding weekend and am so thankful for all of the support and love we had from our vendors. Meleka and her team were outstanding! They were detail-oriented, creative, thoughtful and created a vision for our day with us that we will never forget. Meleka is an incredible wedding planner and one we would recommend to anyone. Her business philosophy is one that you won't find in other wedding planners - she is all in! She loves what she does and it shows in each and every one of her weddings. Meleka is very talented and someone that both Kyle and I are thankful to have had in our lives during our wedding and grateful to have met in life. We would highly recommend Meleka and her team and know that she would deliver on creating the best day you could ever ask for. Meleka, thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Eryn G

We hired Meleka for our winter wedding at the Statehouse earlier this year. I had most of the wedding planned by the time I realized I didn't want to be stressed the day of by setting up tables, and making sure everything got there on time, etc. She came highly recommended by... Read More our photographers and I am so glad we had Meleka there for our big day. She put out fires before they became anything to worry out, she made sure everything happened on schedule, and did everything with such grace. Even though I had most of the wedding planned, I knew Meleka was the woman to ask for advice, so I set up 2-3 design meetings with her, to make sure I had picked the right table cloths, center pieces, etc. Our wedding was everything I imagined and I'm so grateful for Meleka and all that she did. I really wish I had another reason to work with her in the future! Meleka is kind, intelligent, and a total genius in her field - I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Monika D

We hired Meleka as our full service wedding designer after seeing pictures all over social media of other beautiful weddings she designed. After our 1st meeting I knew that we did not need to look any further for a wedding planner. From day 1, it was easy to see that she is... Read More passionate about wedding planning and goes the extra mile to make sure her clients expectations are exceeded. For example, when we couldn’t find a round wooden bar for our outdoor tented reception at any rental companies, she went 1 step further and found an independent contractor that actually built us a custom round wooden bar that was exactly what we dreamed of. Through every step of the process, her vision and creativity shined through. From a few simple pictures and a color palette she was able to bring what we envisioned to life. On top of having excellent vision and creativity, Meleka also has relationships with the best vendors around and can find the perfect fit for any wedding and any budget. She recommended such amazing vendors that we were a joy to work with and get to know (especially Miam Cakes – her cakes-wow!) Meleka has a very friendly personality and is extremely easy to work with. At no time during the planning process did we feel like our ideas were not taken into consideration. Our wedding was beyond perfection and looked like it was straight out of a magazine due to Meleka and her team. The only thing we would have done differently is we would have hired her sooner!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Karis I

Meleka Did A Wonderful Job! We used MMJ Events for our wedding this July and we couldn’t be happier! Meleka was a pleasure to work with, and we don’t know what we would have done without her. During the planning process she did a wonderful job helping us choose vendors that... Read More were both within our price range, and lived up to our standards. Her wealth of knowledge went so far in helping us compare different options, and know if a certain vendor was worth the extra cost, or if our money would be better spent elsewhere. When it came time to meet with those vendors she helped us relax, explaining anything we did not understand, and made us feel comfortable making decisions for the big day. What really made Meleka stand out was her amazing attention to detail. Every little part of the wedding was planned out perfectly. We could tell that she worked hard to listen to us, look at our Pinterest boards, and do her research, and went the extra mile to make sure that every second of our wedding was what we wanted or better. Even with all of the different factors that go into planning a wedding, everything felt complete and harmonious, and felt like a dream. On the day of the ceremony Meleka was phenomenal. She was calm and collected, and was able to effectively manage everyone in the party to ensure that everyone was where they were supposed to be. Her presence during the wedding - and throughout the entire planning process - took so much stress off of our shoulders. We don’t know what we would have done without Meleka, she was an answer to prayer, and went the extra mile to ensure that our wedding was better than we could have ever dreamed.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

My daughter first connected with MMJ at a “tasting event” (whatever that is!.) They chatted about what a wedding planner could do. My daughter came home and pitched the idea. Her main points were summarized by the statement, “This could eliminate a lot of stress.” She had... Read More me! We went and chatted with MMJ and found out what Meleka and her crew did. We signed up, and they did what they said they would do and much more. It is difficult to put into words the sense of competence and calm that Meleka brought to the process. Most of the things necessary to prepare for a wedding are not something one does every day. We didn’t know the options. We didn’t know a good price from a bad one. We didn’t know what would “work” and what would not. The MMJ team did know! Priceless knowledge! Meleka was very easy to talk to, and was very patient with all of our questions. She has an incredible work ethic and there were never any surprises. The website where “Dad” can track the spending or where “Mom” and daughter can be reminded of tasks and timelines is very valuable, as it puts hundreds of details in one place with easy access. On the day of the wedding we all just “showed up.” We were free to enjoy every moment because Meleka and her team worried about all the details . . . right down to how to occupy the flower girl when she wasn’t “flower girling.” If Steve Martin had hired Meleka instead of “Frank,” I’m quite certain that “The Father of the Bride” would have enjoyed the meal at the reception and gotten to dance with his daughter. . . plus, and best of all, the wedding would have stayed in budget! My wife and I both agree that the cost of MMJ’s services was the very best money we spent on what turned out to be a very beautiful and fun wedding.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016

I don't know how I would have been able to have the wedding of my dreams without MMJ events. Meleka is such a pleasure to work with! She literally made things so easy for me. We hired MMJ events as our day of coordinator for our wedding. This allowed our last month before the... Read More wedding to be stress free. Meleka took over contacting our vendors, making our timeline and running the show at our rehearsal and wedding. She also set up our decor and made sure we didn't get bothered on the day of our wedding with the little things. We honestly couldn't have done it without MMJ events. She was not only the cheapest vendor we hired but also the most valuable. I highly recommend MMJ events for any event or wedding you are planning. Being a bride and trying to do it all on my own was ridiculous, MMJ events was the best decision we ever made! I just wish I would have used the company for my entire wedding planning not just the day of!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kelli V

After seeing MMJ Events all over Instagram and following them for several months before I got engaged I knew I wanted to hire them in some capacity for my wedding. I knew I wouldn't need assistance with the overall design and wedding details so we hired MMJ Events for our day... Read More of coordinating and I am so thankful that we did. We met with Meleka about 6 weeks before our wedding and went over important details. From there she worked with our vendors in setting up a timeline and making sure that everything would run smoothly. I was very glad that we had her, especially the week of when things get super crazy. It was nice to have the peace of mind that someone else was going to take care of everything and it put my mind at ease knowing I was going to be able to sit back and enjoy the day.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Rachel C

We hired MMJ events for our day-of coordinators and could not have been happier with Rachel and Heather who helped make our day so special! We met with Meleka once in person to go over the details and then communicated via email the weeks & days leading up to the event. Meleka... Read More gave us some great ideas to help put the finishing touches on our wedding. The day-of services started with a good morning text from Rachel congratulating me on the big day. It was so great that she channeled in on all of the excitement we had, but she also made me feel like everything was handled and under control. It was great having the day-of resource so my family and I could focus on soaking up all of the important memories of the day (and not stressing!). Rachel answered all of my questions and last minute texts, which was so appreciated. Everything felt like it all went perfectly according to plan! It wasn't until hours later that I found out there a huge mishap with our grooms cake, but Rachel contacted the vendor and communicated everything through my Maid of Honor, so I didn't have to even know about it. We laughed about how oblivious I was to the cake incident, but that's exactly how it should have been! I didn't fret once about how the day would turn out because I completely trusted MMJ events. I definitely recommend their day-of services as a budget-friendly option for those brides who want the extra help with last minute planning and coordinating for the wedding day. Rachel, Heather & Meleka were all wonderful to work with and I couldn't have imagined my day without them!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Before we got engaged I thought the idea of a wedding planner was a little ridiculous. Then I saw all of the details that go into planning and carrying out a great wedding. Meleka went above and beyond what me or my wife could have imagined for our wedding. I was blown away... Read More with the final product, and would recommend MMJ to any one who wants a great wedding.