Modern, elegant, and distinctive events!

No bride ever forgets her wedding day, and with our help your guests won't either. MOD Events offers full service, partial planning with event design as well as day/month of coordination. We work side by side with our brides to make sure every experience is a special one.

Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

1719 Sharon Ave, Charleston, SC (843) 475-2310

Could not have done it without MOD Events!

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Marina K

Working with Kala from MOD Events was absolutely great. We definitely couldn't have made our wedding day as beautiful as it was without her help. Kala's knowledge of the Charleston area wedding vendors helped us stay on budget while still getting great service. She helped us... Read More make decisions when we were stuck on something which was exactly what we needed. Most importantly she was honest and realistic with every step - choosing a venue, caterer, rentals, flowers, etc - while still remembering all the details that were important to us. MOD Events also did all of our flowers which turned out better than I ever imagined! Working with her was such a pleasure and we are blessed to call her a friend. I would recommend her to any bride who needs someone reliable and knowledgeable about planning a wedding in the Lowcountry!

The Groom's Perspective

Reviewed on 4/30/2014 Ben s

MOD Events, and Kala in particular, were amazing to work with. For some reason I will never know my wife gave me actual things to plan for the big day instead of wanting to do everything herself. With Kala's help everything got done and went smoothly. We were mostly paying... Read More for everything ourselves and had a very tight budget and Kala helped us stay on budget while still getting the most for our money. She had a wonderful repertoire of caterers, venues, rental companies, etc and really helped us walk the line between what we wanted and what was actually feasible without being pushy, overbearing, or upselling. She was able to make suggestions that we would not have thought of and if she ever had a different idea that she thought would work better would suggest it but not force it. On top of the pre-wedding stuff, she also helped coordinate the day-of things, such as making sure all the vendors knew where to go and where to set-up, helping arrange everything to be just right, and more. She went above and beyond our wildest expectations. Hopefully I will never have to use her services again for wedding planning, but if I ever have to plan a large-scale event I will definitely be using MOD Events. Well worth the investment into ease of mind and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to tie the knot.

2014-05-02T06:43:45 Response from the vendor

You guys were such a fun couple, and I really appreciate your kind words! I'm so glad I got the chance to be a part of your awesome day!!!

MOD EVENTS = MAGICAL

Reviewed on 3/27/2014 Cary S

Kala was amazing from the first meeting until we were whisked away after the wedding. She was always available, and just "got" me. I couldn't have dreamed of a better planner...from catering and bar referrals, decor (ideas and the use of some of her own things) and scheduling... Read More of the big day with ALL of those people, she was just on top. (There are also 1001 things a planner does that isn't seen by the masses, which she obviously kicked butt at) Top notch...I will recommend her to my friends and family for sure.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Janet B

I don't think my wedding day would have gone as well without Kala. From the first phone call to the sendoff on our wedding day Kala was fantastic throughout my whole wedding planning process! She is so accommodating, she took my visions and made them a reality. She helped me... Read More pick my vendors, who were all great! She even handled contracts and my last minute changes with vendors in the last few weeks heading up to the wedding day, which is a huge relief for a bride :)! Not only did she help with my planning and organization but she did my flowers as well. I couldn't believe how beautiful the flowers came out either, they were talked about all night! Our wedding day was amazing and I owe it all to her hard work. I was amazed by her and her team during the actual wedding as well. They made sure we were comfortable, happy, fed and a drink in our hand. My family and friends are still talking about how great she was. She's such a sweet heart and you will not be disappointed if you hire her. I would highly recommend her for your special day!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kenni G

Kala was amazing! She was super helpful, resourceful and organized. I loved everything she did to help make my wedding amazing.

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Lindsay P

Working with Kala from Mod Event's was the best decision I ever mad! I was incredible nervous during the whole planning process not knowing what to expect obviously! She assured me there was nothing to worry about and everything was going to be great! I can't tell you the... Read More feeling I felt walking into the ball room of my wedding Venue. Everything was picture perfect! It turned out even better then I had ever imagined. She also was so helpful with suggesting local vendors for different things who all ended up being great choices! She kept the entire day on track & even made it a point to have my husband & myself's glass filled all night! Thank you so much, I would highly suggest Kala to any future brides!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Lauren F

Kala was a DREAM to work with for our florals. After stalking her Instagram and falling in love with her amazing floral designs, I knew she had to be the one to help create our bouquets and centerpieces for our wedding at the Legare Waring House. Her designs were the perfect... Read More mix of subtle and beautiful, combining the beauty of the venue with her pieces. She was great at accommodating my changing (often frequent) requests before the big day, and even created the cutest mickey mouse head for one of my flower girls to carry. Not only does Kala have an eye for floral design, but her personality is so wonderful and contagious! She truly cares about her clients. I would recommend Kala as an addition to any wedding, in any form. She truly is amazing!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Arianna N

We cannot express enough gratitude for MOD Events. Their abilities seem limitless, and their reputation is well-deserved. MOD Events provided planning and event coordination services for our wedding in November 2016. Our day was beyond awesome and MOD Events was one of the... Read More biggest reasons. Kala is a VERY talented and dedicated individual heading up a capable team. She was flexible meeting in advance, listened closely, and lent us invaluable advice along the way. We were guided through difficult choices, kept on schedule and within budget. Between Kala's relationships within the industry and keen eye for aesthetics (our venue details and decor were STUNNING thanks to her), we were so fortunate to have her help. On the day of, MOD Events' staff worked tirelessly. We had a considerable snafu beyond our control on wedding weekend - we were bailed out big time by Kala! MOD Events' personal guidance and consummate professionalism were only a few things we noticed that day (nevermind everything which went unseen!). Our guests had a blast and haven't stopped raving about the fun that day! We are forever thankful and enthusiastically encourage others to enlist the services of MOD Events! Thanks, Kala!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Susanah K

Kala was an awesome wedding planner from start to finish! I was worried about trying to plan a wedding in SC while living in KY, but she kept everything on track and helped us stay on budget. Everything on the day of the wedding was exactly as I'd imagined it. I would... Read More recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in the Charleston area.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Meagan W

AMAZING!! Kala was so wonderful to work with. She was so helpful with vendors and not only was she great with helping me who to pick but she also does her own flowers, so we didn't have to hire a florist. Our flowers and decorations were absolutely stunning. Kala and her staff... Read More did such a wonderful job. I honestly couldn't have pictured a better wedding than what we had. Everything was just perfect. We LOVED working with Kala, she is super friendly, always up beat, informative, and was there to listen! We are so happy we chose MOD Events to help with our wedding and we would choose them again and again and again! Cannot say enough good things about Kala and her staff!! Thank you for making our day everything we ever dreamed of!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

Kala is absolutely amazing! From the very first interview until the moment we exited our reception, she was enthusiastic and professional. She made every aspect of planning enjoyable and stress-free. Kala created the most beautiful bouquets and floral arrangements--everyone... Read More complimented them. Her attention to detail and passion for design transformed our reception hall into the most magical and memorable scene. On the day of I had absolutely no worries and was so relaxed because I knew that everything was in great hands. I can't recommend Kala with MOD Events enough!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Hilary R

From the first moment I met Kala, I knew I was in good hands. I was extremely uneasy about planning a wedding from afar (Chicago!), but Kala kept me up to date on everything and met with me every time I came to town, even when it was on a moment's notice. Her team worked... Read More extremely hard to ensure every detail of my wedding day was perfect and exactly how I wanted it to be. I didn't have much "vision" in terms of decor, which worked out perfectly because Kala has a serious artistic eye and was able to execute what I had in mind flawlessly. I would definitely recommend her to anyone getting married in the Charleston area!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Meredith B

Kala and Kara are amazing! Kala helped me plan my wedding from day 1, every detail was considered and talked about. I did not worry about a single thing on my wedding day thanks to Kara, she was always one step ahead of me. It was so relaxing to be able to just focus on... Read More enjoying the day. The best choice in wedding planners!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Emily J

We loved working with Kala and Kara from MOD! From the beginning I was able to relax and let them take over on all of the big plans. I was thrilled with the beautiful flowers they created and how seamless our day was. Kala even helped me find the sequined cake table linen I... Read More had been coveting from day one. My entire day was beautiful and I couldn't have done it without them!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Kim P

Kala from MOD Events is fantastic, and she really brought our vision to life. As we were planning our wedding from overseas, we really just wanted someone who could recommend great vendors and help the day run smoothly. Kala has FANTASTIC connections and all of the vendors she... Read More suggested were brilliant. She doesn't have a set limit as to the number of weddings she takes on, so she does have busy periods were communications are a little slower. But don't let this deter you. She really is on top of everything and gives her all to your wedding. Kala is a joy to work with during the process, and we'd hire her again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Lauren D

Best planner ever! I was a on a tight budget and MOD was able to save me so much money. Kala and I discussed my vision, I showed her my insane amount of Pinterest photos, and she made it exactly how I wanted it. We were able to use a ton of décor from MOD and they did all of... Read More our flowers, which saved me hundreds of $$$, and my bouquets were amazing. AMAZING! I'll admit, I was nervous about hiring a planner on my budget- but it turns out I just needed to hire the right planner. They had amazing ideas to save me money and helped me find vendors who fit my budget. Best money I spent during the whole process was hiring MOD!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Lynn F

Kala and her team made my life so much easier. When we first met she immediately started helping me make decisions. My husband and I live in California so we were anxious about the wedding, but Kala kept us on track the whole way. She was in constant communication and really... Read More understood my vision. We loved the flowers she created and couldn't have done it without her. Thank you MOD for helping me create my dream wedding from so far away.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016

After reading all the positive reviews, I was very disappointed. I paid for the full wedding coordination and even spoke on the phone beforehand. I live out of state and the expectation was that she would just give me options and ask for my opinion, which sounded great to me... Read More because of my busy schedule. After I paid the first deposit, she disappeared for 2 months. I should have known then. I actually had to hire a second coordinator just to get everything started. Even then, it took on average 3-4 days to get replies back to emails, emails where we tried to arrange a phone meeting went unanswered, and when my in-laws tried to ask for help they were not pleasant. The other coordinator and I had to double-check all the information with vendors too because we couldn’t trust her to keep track of them. I would recommend her for the flowers and Day of Coordination though. The arrangements were beautiful. For the wedding planning, I felt she was unresponsive, unprofessional, and I honestly felt robbed of thousands of dollars.

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Crystal K

Kala and her team were the best! She helped me plan my Charleston wedding while I live in Rochester, NY. Every single vendor she recommended was spot on! Everything came together the day of the wedding perfectly. She was such a great help for the entire process - from the first... Read More steps of planning, to keeping me on track with securing vendors. But the work of her and her team on the day of was what made everything 100% worth it! I gave her pictures of ideas that I liked and she took it and made our reception absolutely beautiful! There was zero stress for us on our wedding day, and we owe that to Kala's amazing work. I would recommend her to anyone without hesitation!

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Adriana R

Kala was amazing! - Even though we had actually already selected most of our vendors, her assistance was invaluable. She hooked us up with music, officiant and decor. We contracted her for week of coordinating, but she went way beyond that- helping us along the way for nearly a... Read More year of planning. Week of, she made everything so easy and smooth! Her floral arrangements were beyond what we could have imagined. Eternal thank you's from a happy bride, groom and bride's mom!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016

Right of the bat I knew Kala with MOD Events was the right planner for our wedding day. Kala was fun and calmed my nerves whenever it was needed. She understood everything I wanted and envisioned for the day. She sent us options that worked with our budget and was always... Read More mindful. Not only was our planning process flawless, so was our timeline the actual day. I received numerous compliments on how they day flowed from our guests. She knew the best way to run the day and it really was amazing. Kala handled all of the communication the week prior to the wedding with all vendors. The day of was easy and everything was set up and timely. When I walked into our reception room I was honestly shocked how beautiful everything looked. Kala and her staff also broke down the reception at the end of the night. This was AMAZING - we had our gifts and décor that was purchased waiting in our car. I would 100% recommend Kala and her team. If you hire MOD Events, you will have the perfect wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 jordan d

Kala rocks! Best wedding planner ever! So fun to work with and she made the most gorgeous bouquet for me. My wedding was over the top beautiful and perfect.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Abigail S

I cannot say enough great things about Kala at MOD Events! She executed perfectly with no hiccups. She truly listens to your needs and wants then gives you an answer or fixes the problem. Absolutely loved working with her!!! Great job Kala, thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katharine M

We honestly could not have pulled off our wedding without Kala. When we were in the early stages of wedding planning, we had no intention of hiring a wedding planner or coordinator. We toured our venue (Magnolia Plantation) right after we booked it and met Kala while she was... Read More setting up for another wedding. We were so impressed that we ended up hiring her for our wedding a year later, and hate to think about what a mess our big day would have been without her! Some of our parents were skeptical about the need for a coordinator early on, saying we didn't need one, but after the wedding even they were wondering what we would have done without MOD Events. Kala took our vision and executed it to a T. She decorated our venue exactly how we wanted and created ALL of our floral arrangements and bouquets. Not to mention she was awesome to hang out with during the planning! Thank you Kala (and Kara of course)!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

We would 100% recommend Kala Turpin and her team. We had a beach ceremony at The Tides in Folly Beach followed by a reception inside. Kala was pivotal in getting the right look. We've seen some concerns about her responsiveness to emails and what not, but we can guarantee you... Read More she will get the job done. What do you expect from a top wedding planner in the area? She's obviously busy with weddings! Kala helped with everything and has a trusted group of vendors that we used as well (photographers, DJs, hair & makeup artists, cake designers, etc.). Having a trusted coordinator saves you a ton of time doing your own due diligence on possible vendors. Kala also helped with the layout of the ceremony and reception. Having said all that, the NUMBER 1 reason Kala and team earned their fee is they DID EVERYTHING, setting up and breaking down the whole wedding. As stressful as weddings can be, the last thing you need is to worry about setting up before and cleaning after. We simply gave Kala the keys to our cars and room. They took everything out and set up a beautiful wedding with little-to-no directions other than what was written on the box. After the long night, we returned to our room to find all our gifts and cake and cupcakes safe in our room. In the morning, we went down to the car and found everything packed, even the bridesmaids' bouquets that they somehow lost throughout the night (hmmm...alcohol???). On top of the very important aspects, Kala was super accommodating, bringing us food before and after our portrait shoot and having our sweetheart table fully loaded with all the goodies from the dinner and appetizer spread. We can truly say that Kala became our friend, not only our wedding coordinator. We are sure to continue a great relationship with her and next time we are out in the Charleston area we will definitely get together for drinks. Kala and team, thank you for an unforgettable wedding.