Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Modern Bride is New Hampshire's premier bridal showroom with the area's largest collection of designer bridal gowns; bridesmaid, mother-of-the-bride and flower girl dresses; accessories; and tuxedos. We are the region's only full-service bridal shop with on-site professional seamstresses offering bridal alterations.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

200 Rte 101, Bedford, NH (603) 472-4933
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Brittni A

Modern Bride was the first place I stopped to shop for a wedding dress. Debbie was wonderful, welcoming, and was focused on me and my needs. I'm fairly introverted and a little shy about this kind of thing. She gave me exactly the amount of space I needed to do things my way. I... Read More tried on 4 dresses, and fell in love with the fourth. It was at the top of my budget, so I decided to step away before making a decision. Debbie said she would keep my dress aside while I made a decision. I found out later that she told my mom that she had been doing this a long time, and was confident that this was my dress. We went to an appointment at another store, and I was completely appalled. The other store was crowded, and even though we had made an appointment, our representative was nowhere to be found. After having such a great experience with Debbie, I walked out of the other shop after trying on 6 more dresses. Nobody had asked for my feedback, and the dresses were the exact same ones that the other brides near me were trying on. After leaving the other shop. We went to get lunch, and we decided to go back to Debbie. She was helping another bride, but she also helped me get my dress to try it on again, and she helped me pay for the dress and make my alterations appointment while going back and forth frequently between the two of us. She even called me later in the evening to make sure we went over everything. When I went back for the alteration measurement, the seamstress I worked with was also amazing. She was sweet and personable. She gave me options for my alterations, explaining how long things would take, and what's more practical. I absolutely love this shop.

2017-02-01T15:59:23 Response from the vendor

Brittni you're so sweet! Thank you so very much for your kind words. I couldn't be happier for you! You got the perfect dress!. We look forward to helping you between now and the wedding. It would be lovely if you liked us on Facebook... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Julia W

Amanda and the rest of Modern Bride was extremely helpful in helping me find my dream dress. My dad and I picked out around 10 dresses and she ended up finding me about 5 more based on what I already tried on. One of the last ones she chose ended up being the one, I knew right... Read More away that the other "contenders" were no match for this dress and I couldn't be happier! The care and attention Amanda paid to me to know the exact dress I was looking for was the dream experience I had hoped for. Thank you so much!

2017-05-03T11:58:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Modern Bride to find your Bridal gown! I am honored to have helped make your experience so great. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any other bridal questions! – Amanda @Modern Bride

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Colleen S

My experience at Modern Bride was fantastic! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the store owner. He asked me about my wedding dress vision, then showed me the large dress selection. Right away I felt at ease. I was able to pick several dress to try on - yes, they let you... Read More peruse their collection of dresses. Everything was divided by designer and had helpful images of the dresses attached to the dress bags. My consultant Ashley was wonderful. I never felt rushed, though I tried on several dresses. Unlike other bridal salons, there were no time limits. Ashley listened to everything I loved and did not like about dresses. It was clear she listened based on the dresses she brought for me to try on. Ashley even found the dress I bought and love! It is everything I wanted, but couldn’t put into words. I was the most impressed when Ashley pulled similar dresses with the same back closure and designer to help me decide which size to order when my measurements placed me between sizes. She answered my questions honestly while remaining professional. I highly recommend Modern Bride and Ashley!

2017-03-08T16:15:11 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much for your kind words! Modern Bride is thrilled you chose us as your bridal shop and I am honored to have helped you find the dress of your dreams! Please feel free to contact us with any other questions during your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Amanda Z

I can't say 'thank you' enough to Amanda for being so patient with me the two times I came into the salon! she quickly caught on to what I likes and was looking for in my wedding dress. Everyone else was so warm and welcoming and they had a great selection to choose from!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Danielle K

Amanda and the rest of the shop was amazing but Amanda really stood out!! My mom and I came here looking for my wedding dress almost a year ago. All I knew was that I wanted long sleeves, but nothing else. I'm extremely insecure so trying on anything is a bit of a production for... Read More me. Amanda brought so many dresses on for me to try, gave me honest options which I appreciated, and helped me find a dress that I could customize to exactly what I wanted. I was hoping to loose more weight for my wedding but wasn't able to. For my first fitting I was really unhappy with how I looked but insisted to not let the dress out. My second fitting my mom came back with me and convicned me to let them let the dress out. The seamstress worked hard over the next couple of days to let the dress out so could try it on again before I left to go home- I should have listened sooner! The dress looked amazing! They also fixed my sleeves which were too tight and fixed the neckline which was much more reveliving than I thought. Over this almost year process Amanda became like a friend, helping me with my dress, and she was always the one to call me with updates on my dress and confirming my appointments. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day!!! Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Melissa H

I had to come and write a review about Amanda! Modern Bride was my second stop in my wedding dress venture. The first time I worked with Amanda, I tried on a handful of dresses and then went home to sleep on it. The second time I went in, she greeted me and asked if she wanted... Read More me to pull my top picks! I was so impressed that she remembered!!! I went a couple more times because I just couldn't make up my mind. She was super nice and very patient. She made me comfortable the whole time and was never pushy! She was a pleasure to work with and would recommend every bride to make a stop there and work with her!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lyndsey C

Modern Bride creates a relaxed, no stress experience for brides. Amanda was so helpful and made the who shopping experience easy, and she put up with my indeciciveness with a patience and a smile. would 100% recommend!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Sarah H

Loved coming here! Everyone was always friendly and helpful and positive. So much to choose form in comparison to other places I've looked.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kristin R

Modern Bride was the first store I went to, to start my search for my wedding dress. I had no clue what to expect or what I was looking for. As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by Jackie. She asked me a couple questions about my wedding, and any ideas I had for my... Read More dress. She explained how the process works and was very helpful. Once I got going she helped find me dresses that fit in to my budget and style. I didn't feel stressed or overwhelmed. I ended up putting a clearance gown I really liked on hold. So when I came back a couple days later I ended up working with Amanda. I filled her in about what I had already tried on and what I liked so from there she pulled a couple more gowns, but I ended up going back to the clearance one. She helped me pick out the right cap sleeves, belt, and veil and once I put everything on I knew I had found my dress! Overall my experience at Modern Bride was awesome!! Both Jackie and Amanda were patient and very helpful!! :)

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Candis L

Modern Bride made my experience so stress-free and fun! Ashley was amazing and her knowledge and professional opinions were very helpful in choosing my dress. She made my experience so memorable. I can't wait to go back to pick out bridesmaids dresses! Thanks Modern Bride... Read More and Ashley!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Amber P

Walked in on a whim and found the dress of my dreams!! Their staff was super friendly and extremely helpful

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Erin W

I had the most amazing time shopping at Modern Bride this past weekend! I was looking for a very specific dress style and Amanda helped me find THE ONE so effortlessly!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Megan V

I've been apart of many weddings and knew when it was my turn that I'd be going to Modern Bride. The staff was great. Amanda helped me into a ton of dresses and was very knowledgeable about all the different designers. They were also great about making sure I ordered the right... Read More size and what to expect when my dress comes in. I highly recommend Modern Bride as your first stop for wedding dress shopping.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Brenda V

My daughter found the perfect dress there on Saturday. The shop was busy when we got there but we were able to have quality time and attention from our consultant Ashley. The dress is amazing and beautiful. Modern Bride was the only shop we visited.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Tiffany G

This was an absolutely amazing experience. Everyone was so kind and helpful. So many gowns to choose from and saying yes to the dress was the best feeling!! Thank you for making this day the very best. ❤

Reviewed on 9/19/2017

Debbie was amazing in helping me find my dress! this is my second wedding so I didn't want a dress that was overwhelming. she did a fabulous job in finding the perfect dress. I would highly recommend her to any first time or second time Bride.

2017-09-19T09:07:59 Response from the vendor

Congratulations! Thank you for your kind words. It was my pleasure.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Sydney D

This was the first and only place I went to find my dress. They don't take appointments which at first I was skeptical about but realized it was to make sure I didn't feel rushed. The dresses were all organized by designer and my shopping party and I were able to pick out... Read More dresses ourselves. We picked out 6 to start off with. Marin was my consultant and she was wonderful! She helped pull more selections once I started to hone in on what I wanted. I ended up choosing the last dress I tried on which Marin picked out! It was a lovely experience and I would recommend this place to anyone. Can't wait for my dress to come in!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Denise M

Walked into Modern Bride this afternoon and was so excited to see Courtney back! Courtney was our bridal consultant for both my two older daughters weddings. She was wonderful to work with. Very attentive, patient, considerate and has a wonderful sense of humor. We were... Read More disappointed when my youngest daughter went to Modern Bride to find her wedding gown. Although the person we worked with was very nice, she didn't connect with my daughter's vision and she ended up buying her gown somewhere else. Today after a long search she found her bridesmaid gowns. Courtney knew just what my daughter was looking for and brought in gowns we hadn't even considered. We are all so excited that Courtney is apart of my daughters wedding and has worked with all three daughters now. She is truly a talented consultant. My advise, ask for Courtney when you visit Modern Bride.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Erica M

Modern Bride is an amazing bridal salon with even more amazing consultants. I came in looking for bridesmaid gowns and was so fortunate to have the chance to work with Courtney. Both of my sisters previously worked with her and she helped them both find their bridal (and... Read More bridesmaid) gowns. As soon as I saw that she was at the store this day, I knew I would be finding the dresses I wanted! She was so attentive to what I had in mind for style and colors and also offered wonderful suggestions that she thought could work. Using her vast knowledge of the many options available at the salon along with my visions, she brought in a dress I didn't initially consider. I am beyond happy that she did! The dress she helped select ended up being the dress both my bridesmaids and I fell in love with! As soon as everyone gets their measurements, we will be ordering the dresses! I am so incredibly happy that Courtney was a part of planning for my special day like she was with my sisters!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Michelle G

Just went wedding dress shopping for the first time and left finding the perfect dress! I made an appointment and my consultant Debbie was very knowledgeable and helpful. Dresses are reasonably priced and she was great helping me find something in my budget. Felt totally... Read More comfortable and cannot wait to wear my gown!

2017-09-19T09:09:40 Response from the vendor

Congratulations Michelle! Thank you! Look forward to helping you.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Brianne P

Ashley and Sage were fantastic! I got a great amount of attention and found a dress I really liked and may end up getting!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Gabrielle L

I had my first dress appointment at modern bride. I thought I would be going to many places to find the perfect. I didn't think I would fall in love with a dress so quickly. I picked out a number of dresses to try on. My consultant Debbie listened to my opinions on each dress... Read More and picked out some dresses she thought I might like. Because of her I was able to find my perfect dress!! She was so nice and patient. Thank you Debbie!

2017-09-13T13:41:12 Response from the vendor

You're very welcome! My pleasure!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Annie R

I had a very positive experience at Modern Bride. My consultant Amanda was very knowledgable and pulled dresses that were very flattering. The prices were also very reasonable, and I didn't feel pressured into purchasing any of the extras that I had tried on during my... Read More appointment. Highly reccommend!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Ali P

Modern Bride is the most amazing bridal shop around. They are accommodating, kind and SO helpful and accommodating. The owners are wonderful people, who go out of their way to make your shopping experience easeful. The dress selection is GREAT and the staff helps to pick the... Read More perfect dress. I highly suggest going here!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Christine B

I had a fantastic experience at Modern Bride! I went to a large retailer first and left very disappointed. The sale associates and alteration staff at Modern Bride were amazing, I couldn't be happier with the results; I paid a lot more for my dress than I planned,, but it was... Read More absolutely worth it in the end. I would highly recommend Modern Bride to anyone getting married!!