Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Bedford, NH

Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Modern Bride is New Hampshire's premier bridal showroom with the area's largest collection of designer bridal gowns; bridesmaid, mother-of-the-bride and flower girl dresses; accessories; and tuxedos. We are the region's only full-service bridal shop with on-site professional seamstresses.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

200 Rte 101, Bedford, NH

Reviewed on 9/29/2014

I cannot even begin to express how much I LOVED my visit at Modern Bride!! While shopping for my wedding dress, this was the only store that listened to my vision AND had the inventory to make it come to life!! It started off as a surreal and overwhelming experience; shopping... Read More for THE dress that you've dreamed about every day since you were a little girl is intense!! My bridal consultant, Odessa, was a HUGE help - she is my new ANGEL!! Not only did she listen to all of my ideas (even the weird ones) but she put me at ease with her outgoing personality and her impeccable customer service skills. She made me feel like a friend, an individual, a princess and more importantly a bride!! Thanks to her, I now have the most beautiful wedding dress in the whole entire world!! I am just counting down the days until I can go back for my fittings and to see Odessa again :) I can't say thank you enough and I can't rave enough about my experience at Modern Bride - everyone should go there right now and have a magical experience for themselves!!

Michele Jellison

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Michele J

Perfection! Odessa and Renee, you made my daughter feel like a princess. The bride's and bridesmaids' dresses were beautiful. Brian took care of the tuxes flawlessly. I called so many times and whoever helped me showed professionalism and excellent customer service. A++++

Unexpected...but SO glad I went!!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2013 Kate H

I was not the typical excited bride-to-be on the hunt for my wedding dress today. Our wedding isn't until 2015, so I agreed to go out to a Maggie Sottero trunk show at Modern Bride (MB)in Bedford, NH as a test run. I had no idea what dresses would look good on me and only went... Read More in with two thoughts: Old Hollywood and I certainly wouldn't find a dress today. Odessa kindly greeted us with an easy-going, yet professional demeanor and inquired on what I was looking for. I basically told her that I had no clue except that our wedding style was going to be Old Hollywood. She seriously was like a wedding dress fairy. She pulled out several dresses geared towards my theme, but also focused on what I knew I didn't want (no poof or princess-like styles for me). Odessa was a true pro- hands off when I needed her to be (loved having her to assist, but didn't need her helping me squeeze my nearly naked body into each dress ;) and immediately hands on when I needed help zipping and adjusting. I loved that I could be open and honest when I didn't like a particular dress and appreciated Odessa's honesty when she had a feeling I wasn't into something. Enter Ashely- another great addition to this random "I'm-looking-for-my wedding-dress-but-won't-be-buying-it" day. She was another sales consultant who if I didn't know worked there, felt like a long-lost friend helping me out. In a nutshell, I went into MB thinking I may be able to at least narrow down my thoughts for the big day and left with a completely different feeling. I left elated about the beautiful, Old Hollywood Maggie Sottero dress that I ended up purchasing because I knew it was the one. With the help of these two ladies at MB, and of course my friend HK, made this day a very memorable one. For those who may start out like me feeling overwhelmed about the whole wedding dress search and may not initially be overly excited about it- I'd highly recommend giving Modern Bride a try. No pressure, yet passionate and knowledgeable staff that make you feel welcome. You never may just find yourself leaving with the dress of your dreams. (Even if initially- you don't know what that exactly looks like ;)

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Erin D

After a horrifying experience at David's Bridal, I was feeling so frustrated and defeated. I received the worse customer service. I wasn't sure I'd ever step foot back into a bridal shop. With my wedding date quickly approaching, I decided to give Modern Bride in Bedford, NH a... Read More try. From the moment I walked in, I knew my dress was in that store. Of course the vast selection was appealing, but even better was the service. Odessa greeted me with a smile and vowed to help me find my dress. She brought dresses she knew I'd like, and I was quickly narrowing the selection down. I ended up purchasing the first dress she chose. Simply incredible. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Jamie S

I cannot express how amazing my experience was at Modern Bride! My sister recommended them because she had bought her wedding dress there 5 years ago and had great things to say. I was immediately greeted by Elizabeth right when I walked in the door. She was so vibrant and... Read More immediately put me at ease with her outgoing personality and her impeccable customer service. I loved that I was able to pull any dresses off the rack that I liked. Once Elizabeth knew the style that I felt most comfortable in she went and grabbed some for me as well. Elizabeth made me feel like a princess but more importantly a bride! I was there for about 2 hours and the entire time she was so attentive and made me feel like I was the only one there. Thanks to her, I found my dream wedding dress. I can't say thank you enough to Elizabeth for being so amazing in the process! I would HIGHLY recommend Modern Bride to anyone! The service is absolutely outstanding!

2015-11-24T13:56:59 Response from the vendor

Miss Jamie, I cannot thank you enough for your kind words! I am so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at Modern Bride. You, your sister and mother were truly a pleasure to work with. I am so appreciative to have been a part... Read Less Read More

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Chelsea B

I went to Modern Bride today, which was my first day trying on dresses. It was very relaxed and I was allowed to go through the dresses and pick the ones I wanted to try. No appointment was needed and I got a dressing room right away. After trying on a few, my consultant, Ashley... Read More picked some dresses out for me that she thought I would like. Well, I ended up LOVING what she picked for me and bought it! She was amazing, very helpful, friendly, and made it a very fun experience. There was no time limit and I was there for 2 hours. They have an annual Thanksgiving week sale so I was able to get a discount on my dress. I am obsessed with it and cannot wait for it to come in!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Lyndsay P

This store was amazing and the customer service excellent! Odessa assisted me over the phone when I was looking for a specific dress and offered to call me when it came back in. I went in the store to try on dresses and Odessa helped that time as well. The store is clean and so... Read More many choices without feeling overwhelmed and even though it was a Saturday and several other groups were there it never felt crowded and I did not need to wait or feel rushed. I love that I didn't need to make an appointment! Odessa was great; not hovering but always ready to help just the absolute best balance possible!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Kate L

I went to Modern Bride after randomly driving by it one day and then looking online at what it offered. And am I glad that I did! The worker assisting me, Tayla, was professional, enthusiastic, and extremely attentive. I tried on dresses for over three hours, and she was... Read More extremely helpful the whole time. I also loved the selection Modern Bride has to offer. I am grateful for such a good experience and would recommend Modern Bride to anyone planning a wedding.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Steve B

I had gone to other bridal salons and just never got the WoW factor in searching for my dress. I felt like my hand was being lead to the dress. Having second thoughts, I decided to check out Modern Bride & Formal Shop. From the get go I felt relaxed. NO APPOINTMENT... Read More necessary. You can literally walk in when you are ready and browse the dresses. What was even better is the staff listen to what I like about a dress and didn't like about a dress. Before I knew it I had found my wedding dress and had that bridal moment. Thank you Renee and Brian for taking the pressure off finding me my perfect dress, and helping out the wedding party with their dresses and suits!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

My mother, father and two sisters began and ended our wedding dress shopping experience at Modern Bride. I still cannot believe how incredibly easy it all was and feel so blessed by our day at the shop! Ashley was so so knowledgeable and was supportive and encouraging!! I felt... Read More important and valued. She quickly understood what I was looking for and helped me sort through my last few choices. It was an amazing experience and my entire family agrees!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Jessica Z

My experience was amazing. The girl who helped me (I wish I was better at remembering names) was extremely helpful and listened to everything I had to say. She spent hours with my bridesmaids and I picking out not only my dress but theirs as well. After seeing what I picked out,... Read More she was able to help pull dresses for me that fit what I was looking for. They had the whole Alfred Angelo Disney Princess line, and as a Disney freak, I ended up with my dream dress. I appreciated every moment at the salon and can't wait to go back and get my alterations when my dress comes in. Fantastic experience. Definitely a storybook ending for my dress.

Outstanding experience & product!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Megan S

From my first appointment to my dress pick-up just a few days before my big day, my experience at Modern Bride was outstanding! I never felt rushed, intimidated, uncomfortable or any other negative feeling. In fact, it was the exact opposite. I found my dress on the first... Read More appointment, which I did not expect (dress #6 to be exact:)). The prices are very reasonable. At the end of the day though, this is your wedding dress, don't cheap it out! I originally had a vision in my head of what I wanted in a dress. I wanted it to be simple and "flowy," nothing to it whatsoever. I then tried on a "fit and flare" all lace per my MOH suggestion. I instantly fell in love. My advice, try on everything in your budget. Don't be quick to judge by how it looks on the hanger. Because, it might be the dress that fits you perfectly and makes you look like a princess, which is exactly how you are supposed to look on your big day. I sure know that I felt like one. I didn't want to take the dress off I loved it so much :) Overall, Modern Bride is amazing and I'm beyond glad I chose them to be a huge part of my wedding.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Liz H

Modern Bride was a good bridal shop. I was actually recommended this shop by my photographer, who had found her dress here on their sale rack. I was not lucky enough to find my dress on the sale rack, but I did find my dress here after only trying a few on! I also ended up... Read More finding my bridemaid's dresses here, and my husband and his groomsmen rented their tuxes here and both of our fathers rented their tuxes here as well. I was planning on getting my alterations done here, but after the first fitting, my mother decided that we should take it to another alterations place and I am glad I did! I think that my dress needed more detailed alterations than they would have been able to give me here. My bridemaid's did get their dresses altered at Modern Bride however, and they turned out fine. Brian, the owner, helped my husband and groomsmen when they went to get tuxes. They ordered black tuxes, with no vests and black bow ties. When my husband called to ask a question about the tuxes, he found out that they had written that they wanted regular ties as well as vests. Fortunately, this was fixed quickly. I had also been told originally that they could order a piece of fabric from the bridesmaid dress and use it for the groomsmen pocket squares, and then when my husband tried to do that, he was told that the fabric wouldn't work for a pocket square and we had to choose something else. Overall, I was happy with the service provided and would recommend them to my friends!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Bianca J

I scheduled my appointment and when I arrived last night was friendly greeted by Tayla who ended up being my consultant for the evening. I already had an idea of what I wanted and we got right down to it. She had many different suggestions and also let me and my bridal team... Read More pick some dresses we liked. We went through the first couple and when she got the hand of what I liked brought in this beautiful dress. Tried it on and it ended up being my dress! The appointment couldn't have gone any better! We got there, had her full attention and it was nice because of the time during the week the shop was quiet. She listened to my needs and kept the dresses close to budget! Left there extremely happy! AND left with a good deal of extras which was not expected but nice. With the purchase of the dress received a free bustle, free press, free garter, free grooms tux and a discount on the groomsmen tuxes. I would definitely recommend Modern Bride! Great service and great selection.

2015-10-24T11:59:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! I had fun getting to know you and your party. It was such a pleasure to work with you and I hope to see you soon, congratulations again on your engagement! -Tayla

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Carsten S

Odessa was so great! I had my very first dress appointment at Modern, more of an exploratory mission than hunting for "the one" right away, since I was starting so early on my wedding planning. I had found a style online that I loved, and even though Modern Bride didn't have it... Read More in store, Odessa made fabulous suggestions that were right on point for my taste and shape. While I have not yet settled on a dress, there is a clear frontrunner from my time at Modern. I highly recommend-- excellent service, great variety in both styles and pricing!

2015-10-24T11:35:13 Response from the vendor

Carsten, Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it! You were awesome to work with and I hope I get to work with you soon! All the dresses you tried on looked stunning on you! Please let me know if you need anything at all!... Read Less Read More

Made my dream dress come true

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Ivy D

I highly recommend shopping at Modern Brides for both your wedding dress and bridesmaids dress. I lived about 1hr 30mins away from this Bridal Shop and it was well worth the commute every time. They really listened to what I wanted in a dress and were so patient with the trying... Read More on process. They let you look at the dresses and designers first and have you pick out some and then they can go back and pick some out themselves. I was trying on dresses and all the dresses were so beautiful but I didn't get that feeling until Deb my consultant went out and grabbed a dress she thought I would love and she was sure right. As soon as I walked out of the dressing room the people I was with were like that is the one, and got emotional just as I did. It was perfect, and she let me stay in it as long as I wanted and got to try veils, and head pieces on. This was my second place I had tried on dressed with and had liked a couple of dresses at the other place, but she was able to find my a dress with exactly everything I wanted. They call you as soon as your dress comes in. The alterations they do are amazing as well, I couldn't have asked for anything better. She listened to what I wanted and how I wanted the bustle to be. The set up appointments that day, and also like to keep your dress the week of the wedding so its freshly pressed. They make sure you are happy, or they do anything to fix whatever the problems is. I can't say anything negative about this place.

2015-10-21T09:23:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Ivy! It was my pleasure to help you!. We would love to see some of your wedding pics! Could you post them on our Facebook page to see your wonderful day. Thank you again!

Friendly, accomodating and wonderful selections

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Jennifer P

I went to Modern Bride and Formal one day with a girlfriend to scout out dresses and had the pleasure to work with Tayla. I told her what I liked and she gathered some dresses for me. She did an excellent job. I chose a Casablanca dress that she picked for me. She made me... Read More feel confident, beautiful and offered me really wonderful feedback as far as a veil and color options for the dress. Any staff that I encountered at Modern Bride has always performed excellent customer service, was smiling and very approachable and helpful. I will also get my alterations done through Modern Bride. I purchased my shoes through Modern Bride as well as my Matron of Honor's dress and junior bridesmaid's dress. They are definitely worth checking out!!

2015-10-22T15:09:57 Response from the vendor

Jen, Thank you so much for the kind words, I appreciate it so much! Working with amazing girls like you makes my job fun. Congrats again! Tayla

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Alicia D

I had an amazing experience at Modern Bride! Tayla was so helpful and helped me pick out my dream wedding dress. All the staff there was so nice and I never felt pressured about anything which made the process as smooth as possible. I had been to other bridal shops where I felt... Read More rushed or pressured, but at Modern Bride I felt relaxed which made the decision easy. I would recommend it to anyone!!

2015-10-22T15:12:39 Response from the vendor

Alicia, It was such a pleasure working with you! Your dress looks perfect on you. Congratulations again on your engagement! Tayla

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Heather S

I am so thankful that Debbie was there to assist me as I looked for my wedding dress! As I'm sure so many other brides-to-be have done, I walked in with a completely preconceived idea of what I wanted. I scheduled my appointment to coincide with a Maggie Sottero trunk show, and... Read More although I ended up choosing the most beautiful gown, it was not the one I thought I'd choose. But Debbie was patient, showed me exactly what I said I wanted, and then had suggestions that were amazing and ended up being exactly THE dress! I'm beyond satisfied. beautifuitcertainly was not the

2015-10-03T16:06:26 Response from the vendor

Heather, how sweet! Thank you so much! I thoroughly enjoyed our appointment together and look forward to helping you throughout your experience with us. Debbie

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Amanda P

I went to Modern Bride on a Saturday morning when they first opened. I have been looking for THE dress and haven't had luck or even been close to finding my dress. When I went to MB, it was the complete opposite of what I experienced so far and finally felt like a bride and... Read More enjoyed dress shopping! Odessa helped me pick out some dresses and I loved her knowledge of the inventory. I had very specific styles in mind and she helped pick out two dresses that I liked. One was too small, so I need to find another store to try it on in, but I would go back to order it from MB with no hesitation. I'm looking forward to going back for bridesmaid dresses in the future!

2015-09-24T16:20:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Amanda for the awesome review! I greatly appreciate it! I hope I get to work with you again soon! Please call if you have any questions! Thank you, Odessa and The Modern Bride Team

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Kori H

I had the best experience finding my wedding gown at Modern Bride. It was an unplanned trip- my mom and I stopped on a whim on our way home from Maine. Debbie immediately helped guide me to dresses that fit my vision and I found the perfect gown on the first try. She even... Read More matched me with the perfect accessories. The experience was so great, my mom found her dress right after I did! I would recommend this bridal salon to any bride!

2015-09-24T16:24:32 Response from the vendor

Kori, thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure helping you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you -- Just call! Debbie - Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Victoria S

Went today to take a first look at wedding dresses and I was pleasantly surprised to walk away with my wedding dress purchased after only an hour and a half of looking. They have an amazing selection of dresses there to choose from! Odessa was a great help; she helped me... Read More choose dresses that fit my style and wasn't just giving me the most expensive dresses either. She was really interested in making me happy with my choice. I would highly recommend Modern Bride and Odessa to any bride-to-be!

2015-09-24T16:32:55 Response from the vendor

Victoria, Thank you for the amazing review! You and your mom were so much fun to work with! I'm so glad I could help you find the perfect gown for you, it looked stunning on you! Please call if you ever need anything, I would... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Briana C

I originally began my shopping at davids bridal due to my limited budget. The dresses were low quality and I only found one that I "liked". We decided to give modern bride a try despite my worries about only being able to afford the clearance dresses. When we walked in the door... Read More we were greeted with a warm smile by Debbie. When I explained my budget she happily brought us over to the clearance which to much of my surprise had over 25 dresses in my size! Debbie was patient as we searched through looking at each dress and as I tried them on she shared stories of her wedding and dress. Her amiable and sincere personality makes you feel as though you have known her for years! When I walked out in a stunning lace trumpet she helped give us the full experience through accessories and a viel. My mom and I welled up in tears knowing this was the one! We couldn't have done it without debbie! Thank you! I highly recommend going to modern bride! The selection is incredable, the people are amazing and the quality if dresses is top notch!

2015-09-24T16:27:13 Response from the vendor

Briana, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience! Made my day! Be sure to call if you need any help - we're all her to help. Debbie - Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Wedding Dress Review

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 lynne L

I just wanted to say how pleased I was when I walked into Modern Bride & was greeted by Debbie Fortin. Debbie was so pleasant to us & very helpful in picking out my Dream Gown for my wedding! She listened to the style I wanted & also picked out a beautiful veil & hair piece to... Read More match my dress. I would recommend asking for Debbie if anyone needs a Bridal Shop for their wedding. Thank you again Debbie! 😃 Lynn Laflamme

2015-09-24T16:28:40 Response from the vendor

Lynne, thank you for your kind words! So glad to make your dreams come true! Any questions, any time just call. We'd love to help! Debbie Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Modern Marvel!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Janelle V

I spent a lot of time in the salon and even though they are a busy boutique I still felt remembered every time I went in. The staff is so friendly and seemed interested in how things were progressing even outside of their scope of services. They were accommodating and helpful... Read More without being overbearing. We got our tuxes, invites, my wedding dress and shoes here and I don't regret a thing

2015-07-02T09:28:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for those kind words. It is always our goal to make you feel wonderful and special on your wedding day. We are so excited for you and wish you all the best of luck for the future. Again, thank you!