Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Modern Bride is New Hampshire's premier bridal showroom with the area's largest collection of designer bridal gowns; bridesmaid, mother-of-the-bride and flower girl dresses; accessories; and tuxedos. We are the region's only full-service bridal shop with on-site professional seamstresses.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

200 Rte 101, Bedford, NH

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Kristen D

I had the pleasure of going to Modern Bride in Bedford, NH, on November 30th with my mother to look at wedding dresses as they had a sale that was winding down. We were immediately greeted by our associate for the afternoon, Ashley, who provided us with some important... Read More information about the layout of the store, where we could find certain styles, and offered to pull several things she thought would be flattering on my figure. Ashley was patient with me as I mumbled about how something looked "too cupcake-y" and when I came out of the dressing area with a dress that fit over my head and torso, but stopped at my hips and declared to my mother "this isn't the dress!" She even helped me get expert advice from Renee, who would be doing alterations. After spending two hours at the shop, and not finding the dress, Ashley pulled one with a color that would look good on me, and she thought would fall in a flattering manner. Not surprisingly, it turned out to be THE dress. The check out process was hassle free, and they didn't try to force us to buy any accessories (veil, belt, etc) which made them more approachable and friendly. I was even more excited when I found out that they could store my dress for me until my wedding for FREE! I would recommend Modern Bride to any bride who is looking for a hassle free, warm and friendly environment, where the staff is kind and knowledgeable. Thank you, Ashely and Renee!

2015-11-28T14:21:00 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much for your kind words! We are thrilled you were able to find your perfect dress here with us. We would love if you could share a few pictures from your special day with us! Thanks again! Ashley & Renee

Michele Jellison

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Michele J

Perfection! Odessa and Renee, you made my daughter feel like a princess. The bride's and bridesmaids' dresses were beautiful. Brian took care of the tuxes flawlessly. I called so many times and whoever helped me showed professionalism and excellent customer service. A++++

Unexpected...but SO glad I went!!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2013 Kate H

I was not the typical excited bride-to-be on the hunt for my wedding dress today. Our wedding isn't until 2015, so I agreed to go out to a Maggie Sottero trunk show at Modern Bride (MB)in Bedford, NH as a test run. I had no idea what dresses would look good on me and only went... Read More in with two thoughts: Old Hollywood and I certainly wouldn't find a dress today. Odessa kindly greeted us with an easy-going, yet professional demeanor and inquired on what I was looking for. I basically told her that I had no clue except that our wedding style was going to be Old Hollywood. She seriously was like a wedding dress fairy. She pulled out several dresses geared towards my theme, but also focused on what I knew I didn't want (no poof or princess-like styles for me). Odessa was a true pro- hands off when I needed her to be (loved having her to assist, but didn't need her helping me squeeze my nearly naked body into each dress ;) and immediately hands on when I needed help zipping and adjusting. I loved that I could be open and honest when I didn't like a particular dress and appreciated Odessa's honesty when she had a feeling I wasn't into something. Enter Ashely- another great addition to this random "I'm-looking-for-my wedding-dress-but-won't-be-buying-it" day. She was another sales consultant who if I didn't know worked there, felt like a long-lost friend helping me out. In a nutshell, I went into MB thinking I may be able to at least narrow down my thoughts for the big day and left with a completely different feeling. I left elated about the beautiful, Old Hollywood Maggie Sottero dress that I ended up purchasing because I knew it was the one. With the help of these two ladies at MB, and of course my friend HK, made this day a very memorable one. For those who may start out like me feeling overwhelmed about the whole wedding dress search and may not initially be overly excited about it- I'd highly recommend giving Modern Bride a try. No pressure, yet passionate and knowledgeable staff that make you feel welcome. You never know...you may just find yourself leaving with the dress of your dreams. (Even if initially- you don't know what that exactly looks like ;)

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Jess S

I had a wonderful experience at Modern Bride. Right when we walked, Debbie greeted us and offered to help find some dresses to pull. I showed her several pictures of the styles I liked and we had five dresses pulled in a matter of minutes. Debbie helped me get into every dress... Read More and even went back to pull more after I had tried on a few and told her what I liked or didn't like. She saved the best for last in the second batch of dresses; I ended up purchasing that last gown and couldn't be happier with my choice! I found the staff at Modern Bride to be friendly, knowledgable, and professional & I would highly recommend this place to any bride-to-be.

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Annie F

I have been to Modern Bride twice now for myself as a bride (yes, I'm super indecisive!) and will be returning in hopes of purchasing my girls' bridesmaid dresses here! The first time I went I had an appointment: I was helped (an understatement!) by Tayla, who made me feel very... Read More comfortable and was a lot of fun to work with. The second time I came in on a Saturday with my mom just for fun, as we'd had such a wonderful experience here the first time. Even though the store was packed, one of the consultants, Debbie, was quick to come over and allow me to try on as many dresses as I wanted to. Debbie was absolutely fantastic - she even dropped me a note in the mail, which was such a lovely personal touch. She helped me locate the dress of my dreams and, although I wound up purchasing this exact dress off the rack from another bridal salon, I credit Modern Bride entirely for helping me select my gown (I purchased at another retailer for financial purposes/I had wanted to take a dress home asap rather than ordering it if possible). I have seen a couple of bridesmaid dresses here that I would love my bridesmaids to wear for my wedding and this is my number one choice, so I will definitely be looking to buy here if all goes according to plan! :) Can't say enough good things about Modern Bride and it's staff; it's truly a wonderful facility and I will continue to recommend it to all brides to be!!

2016-03-08T13:42:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! How nice of you to say. I look forward to helping you with the bridesmaids as well! We recommend at least 6 months before the wedding to place your order for bridesmaids. See you soon! Debbie

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Lauren G

I had a wonderful experience at Modern Bride in Bedford, NH! I had the pleasure of working with Odessa on several occasions while dress shopping and I was amazed at the attentiveness and patience I experienced while I was there. I was not pressured into anything I was unsure of,... Read More and instead was told I can come back as many times as I would like and try on as many dresses as I wanted! It made dress shopping so much more enjoyable without the high pressure sales tactic. When I was ready to order my dress Odessa was on top of it! My (soon to be) mother in law offered to make my veil, and when I asked Odessa how I would be able to find tulle to match my dress she went out of her way without my asking to order me a tulle sample from the designer! That is customer service that goes above and beyond! I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Danielle Marie C

I went in to Modern Bride & Formal Shop with very little direction and a very short time frame for finding and ordering a dress. I told Debbie what I was envisioning and she knew exactly what dress I was thinking about. She pulled it and within minutes, I knew that was THE... Read More dress. We tried on a few others just to be sure, but not even twenty minutes later, I was ordering the first gown to be rush delivered!

2016-03-08T13:46:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! So happy to help in making your day special. Love a happy Bride!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Sabrina M

Odessa and Modern Bride were fantastic at helping me and my bridesmaids find our dresses. The selection is amazing here. Thank you for helping me find my perfect wedding dress and beautiful bridesmaids dresses.

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Erin G

I went to Modern Bride this past Saturday and had a great experience. I worked with Debbie, she was exceptional. She worked with my close timeframe and was able to find and order me the perfect dress. Can't wait for it to arrive for the big day! Thank you for such a great... Read More experience.

Reviewed on 1/31/2016

I had the best experience wedding dress shopping here! From the moment we walked in the door, I felt welcome and attended to without any pushy-ness or pressure. My bridal consultant was Tayla and I can't say enough good thing about her! She made the process so fun, enjoyable and... Read More she even found the dress that I ended up purchasing. She has a great eye and a wonderful talent, not to mention being just extremely friendly and warm. I would recommend this shop to any bride! Their selection is huge, including a wide variety of on sale dresses. No appointment required was nice, too. Thanks so much Modern Bride & Tayla!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Emily G

I said yes to my dress here! Had a wonderful experience with Tayla and all the darling, sweet sales ladies... we tried on so many gowns in two hours; they even stayed past closing time a few nights to make sure I got what I needed. My bridesmaids got their dresses here, as... Read More did my mom. I can't say enough about the upbeat attitude, professionalism, knowledge, and all the services this salon provides... not to mention the darling store of ladies' delicate lingerie right next door! What a gem; we are so lucky to have this in Southern NH! I look forward to expanding our experience there with invitation selection and tuxedo rentals (hopefully)! p.s. My sister got her prom dress there and the lady who sold it to her (through all the trials, as well) continues to remember us each time we go in. What a special way to treat your customers.

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Blair B

After receiving an email from Modern Bride regarding a trunk show, I scheduled an appointment to try on the first round of dresses with my mom, sister and cousin. I say "first round" because I consider myself to have a slight case of decision anxiety. :) Nervously walking in, we... Read More were greeted by Ashley. She was upbeat from the moment we walked through the door, showing us a number of new styles as we made our way towards the racks. I warned her that I struggle with making quick decisions so she asked to see some styles that I had been pinning. I showed Ashley two or three different dresses that I liked and she instantly knew what I was looking for and had my style down. She was able to assist us in narrowing down a few dresses and also steered me away from ones that she knew I wouldn't like, based on my descriptions. This was so helpful, because the more options I had, I'm sure I would have stayed there all day! There was one dress in particular that I kept coming back to and Ashley brought over the seamstress to give me suggestions on what she would do to make the dress fit me just right. Great team work! Never in a million years would I have thought that I would not only find my wedding dress the first time walking into a bridal salon, better yet, under an hour after walking through the door! Ashley was great - she was knowledgeable about the dresses, didn't make us feel rushed, and was really fun to work with! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Amanda L

This was my first time going wedding dress shopping, and, to be totally honest, I was mentally preparing myself to be incredibly stressed out. Boy, was I wrong! My mom, my 2 bridesmaids and I were IMMEDIATELY greeted by Odessa who was AMAZING to work with. We had so much fun.... Read More Odessa was so helpful and fun. She certainly made what could have been a long, tiring, and overwhelming experience a complete joy.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Lauren D

I had terrible experiences with other shops. then I found modern bride and Ashley my consultant. she is amazing and so are the dresses you have available. I hated everything I tried at other stores. ashley took the time to really help me find the best dress. I cannot wait to see... Read More my dress when it comes in. I'm so excited! !

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Brittney-Lynne S

I cant say enough good things about my experience at Modern Bride! Ashley was my consultant and she had great recommendations! She really listened to what i was looking for and didn't try to sell me on a dress so there was no pressure! I ended up purchasing the dress of my... Read More dreams and I plan on going back for my bridesmaid dresses! Their prices are great and if your looking for dresses that sparkle they have the largest selection around!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Chrisanne G

I can't say enough good things about Modern Bride & Formal. Like so many before me, I had a lackluster experience at David's Bridal and was starting to feel a little discouraged after trying on so many options without finding the right dress. But I'd read all these good reviews,... Read More so I was thrilled when the girl who greeted me said her name was Odessa. (It was like meeting a celebrity!) Right away, I felt so much more comfortable. I love that you don't need an appointment and that they let you dig through the racks yourself—I couldn't help wondering at the other places if my dream dress was hanging on the rack but my stylist had overlooked it. Odessa let me take my time to go through them, and once she saw the style I was looking for, she pulled out a similar dress that I'd missed. And while I tried on dresses, she was great about suggesting different alterations I could make. Plus, she's just warm and friendly—a nice thing when you're stuck in the dressing room together! I actually found two dresses I really liked but ended up going with one on the clearance rack that only cost $340! It was just a great experience all around. We were only half-way through when my mom said incredulously, "I'm so glad we came here!" And as if that great experience weren't enough, I got a sweet card in the mail from Odessa afterward, urging me to let her know if there's anything I need. Now that's great customer service!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Evan H

I'm not really a shopper, but I had an amazing experience at Modern Bride! Brian greeted me when I walked in and showed me the layout of the store and allowed me to go browse on my own and at my own pace which felt wonderful after feeling rushed at other stores. I went alone... Read More for my first visit and Odessa was the perfect consultant for me (patient, knowledgeable, and kind), even though she knew I was just looking and not buying anything that day. In total, I visited 4 times and each time I had an excellent experience. Ashley assisted me and my bridesmaid on my final visit where I ended up purchasing the dress I kept going back to. She was professional and made the check-out process easy and I walked away knowing exactly what to expect while waiting for my dress. They are even going to find me a swatch of the material of my dress so I can use it to match bridesmaid dresses and show my florist. Can't wait for the fittings! Thank you so much :)

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

Modern Bride & Formal Shop was truly amazing! I purchased my wedding gown, my attendants dresses & my moms dress here. My husband also rented his tux and all his groomsmen tuxes there as well. Modern Bride & Formal Shop was professional, generous with time and patient with every... Read More decision and as we all know, when making decisions as important as purchasing a bridal gown etc., that can really take time yet they never rushed me ever. Alterations were maticulous and accurate as well. Please know that this rating is coming from a woman who had a relative who owned a bridal shop (and I worked for her) many years ago so I DO know the business. I cannot express enough positive sentiments about how my experience was here so you will just have to go and see for yourself how wonderful it it is.

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

I was married 6 years ago and purchased my wedding dress from Modern Bride and Formal. They were excellent to work with but when my sister got married this December, I saw true professionalism and heart! I purchased my Alfred Angelo bridesmaids dress from Modern Bride and... Read More Formal but made the mistake of taking it somewhere else for alterations. My dress came back to me 4 days before we were leaving for Punta Cana and the dress was a disaster!! The alternations department at Modern Bride has miracle workers!! I don't know how they did it, but my dress was perfect! I will be forever grateful!

Reviewed on 12/20/2015 Nichole M

I am so happy I chose to go to Modern Bride and Formal first for wedding shopping! I loved that it also did not require an appointment which decreased the stress of running late or being rushed through an appointment! I went in with some dresses in mind but my favorite got sold... Read More the week before but my consultant Debbie did not miss a beat!!! I have to put things on to really know what I do and don't like and she was amazing pulling dress of all styles and fabrics helping me figure out what I wanted! I finally was gonna try on one more dress and see what a Satin Ball Gown felt like and if I didn't like it was going back into a more fitted one I loved earlier.....I put that ball gown on and cried!! I honestly did not expect to cry but I did and I was able to say YES!! Debbie was amazing pulling dresses and being so patient with me and she truly helped me find my dress and then a veil and head clip! If you need a wedding dress GO HERE!!!

2015-12-22T13:25:24 Response from the vendor

Nichole, Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure to help you! We're always here to help you at Modern Bride. Debbie

Reviewed on 12/20/2015 Laura S

After an extremely frustrating experience at 3 different bridal salons, I was in tears. My matron of honor suggested that we visit Modern Bride (where we had purchased the bridesmaid dresses for her wedding) as the last stop before calling it a day. Debbie greeted us the moment... Read More we walked in the door and understood the vision I had for my dress. She was so incredible! At the end of 1.5 hours, I was still a bit indecisive, so I asked to think about it. One of the dresses I was considering was in the Clearance rack. Without prompting, she offered to hold it for me until I could return early in the week. Debbie truly turned my entire day around.

2015-12-22T13:38:16 Response from the vendor

Laura, thank you for your review. So happy you came to Modern Bride and the day ended on a good note! I enjoyed your visit and here for you just call! Debbie

Reviewed on 12/19/2015 Courtney L

I went to Modern Bride about 2 months ago to pick out a wedding dress. When I got there I was greeted by Odessa. She helped me try on many different dresses until I found the perfect one. She was super friendly and super helpful. I returned a few weeks later with my bridesmaids... Read More to pick out dresses and she remembered who I was. She also helped my fiancee pick out her dress. She remembered exactly what my dress looked like and was able to guide her toward dresses that would be complimentary together. I cannot say enough good things about this place or about Odessa. Both are wonderful!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Shannon L

I went to 6 bridal shops and must have tried on at least a hundred dresses before having a really great night at modern bride with Allison. Allison Kuhn was the best dress consultant I've ever had. she was very diligent with finding dresses, answering questions, and making the... Read More large dresses look normal on my small figure. I never felt pressured to like a dress and felt that all of the decisions I made were really my own, which made finding my dress so real! After I had found it Allison helped me understand the process of what will happen next. before I left she gave me a big hug and a congratulations! she was so great I definitely recommend her and modern bride to anyone looking for "the dress." Thanks Allison!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015

Tayla was fantastic. She made it so easy for me to be able to find my dream dress she is really great at what she does. I will recommend this shop to anyone I know looking for their dream gown. I was very impressed

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Anthony D

Tayla was exceptional with everything from style selection to fitting to managing family dynamics. She went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable, and help me find the wedding dress of my dreams! Brian (the owner) was helpful in getting us a great price on the dress. It... Read More was a perfect experience.