Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Modern Bride is New Hampshire's premier bridal showroom with the area's largest collection of designer bridal gowns; bridesmaid, mother-of-the-bride and flower girl dresses; accessories; and tuxedos. We are the region's only full-service bridal shop with on-site professional seamstresses offering bridal alterations.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

200 Rte 101, Bedford, NH (603) 472-4933
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Brittni A

Modern Bride was the first place I stopped to shop for a wedding dress. Debbie was wonderful, welcoming, and was focused on me and my needs. I'm fairly introverted and a little shy about this kind of thing. She gave me exactly the amount of space I needed to do things my way. I... Read More tried on 4 dresses, and fell in love with the fourth. It was at the top of my budget, so I decided to step away before making a decision. Debbie said she would keep my dress aside while I made a decision. I found out later that she told my mom that she had been doing this a long time, and was confident that this was my dress. We went to an appointment at another store, and I was completely appalled. The other store was crowded, and even though we had made an appointment, our representative was nowhere to be found. After having such a great experience with Debbie, I walked out of the other shop after trying on 6 more dresses. Nobody had asked for my feedback, and the dresses were the exact same ones that the other brides near me were trying on. After leaving the other shop. We went to get lunch, and we decided to go back to Debbie. She was helping another bride, but she also helped me get my dress to try it on again, and she helped me pay for the dress and make my alterations appointment while going back and forth frequently between the two of us. She even called me later in the evening to make sure we went over everything. When I went back for the alteration measurement, the seamstress I worked with was also amazing. She was sweet and personable. She gave me options for my alterations, explaining how long things would take, and what's more practical. I absolutely love this shop.

2017-02-01T15:59:23 Response from the vendor

Brittni you're so sweet! Thank you so very much for your kind words. I couldn't be happier for you! You got the perfect dress!. We look forward to helping you between now and the wedding. It would be lovely if you liked us on Facebook... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Julia I

Amanda and the rest of Modern Bride was extremely helpful in helping me find my dream dress. My dad and I picked out around 10 dresses and she ended up finding me about 5 more based on what I already tried on. One of the last ones she chose ended up being the one, I knew right... Read More away that the other "contenders" were no match for this dress and I couldn't be happier! The care and attention Amanda paid to me to know the exact dress I was looking for was the dream experience I had hoped for. Thank you so much!

2017-05-03T11:58:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Modern Bride to find your Bridal gown! I am honored to have helped make your experience so great. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any other bridal questions! – Amanda @Modern Bride

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Colleen S

My experience at Modern Bride was fantastic! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the store owner. He asked me about my wedding dress vision, then showed me the large dress selection. Right away I felt at ease. I was able to pick several dress to try on - yes, they let you... Read More peruse their collection of dresses. Everything was divided by designer and had helpful images of the dresses attached to the dress bags. My consultant Ashley was wonderful. I never felt rushed, though I tried on several dresses. Unlike other bridal salons, there were no time limits. Ashley listened to everything I loved and did not like about dresses. It was clear she listened based on the dresses she brought for me to try on. Ashley even found the dress I bought and love! It is everything I wanted, but couldn’t put into words. I was the most impressed when Ashley pulled similar dresses with the same back closure and designer to help me decide which size to order when my measurements placed me between sizes. She answered my questions honestly while remaining professional. I highly recommend Modern Bride and Ashley!

2017-03-08T16:15:11 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much for your kind words! Modern Bride is thrilled you chose us as your bridal shop and I am honored to have helped you find the dress of your dreams! Please feel free to contact us with any other questions during your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Melissa R

So happy with the attention to detail and time that Modern Bride provided me! The dress was absolutely gorgeous and I felt comfortable every time I went to Modern Bride. I can't thank you all enough!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Joe J

I had the pleasure of working with Maren, and she was so sweet and helpful. I had an image in my head of what I wanted my dress to be, and she was able to piece my style with my Mother's and Grandmother's style together and presented the most beautiful Maggie Sottero dress, that... Read More I said yes to! I am so excited for my first fitting!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Michelle W

I had a great experience at Modern bride. I worked closely with consultant Molly, she did a fabulous job helping me pick my gorgeous dress! I highly recommend! !!!

2017-03-08T16:18:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your review! We are so happy you chose Modern Bride to find your gorgeous dress. Please feel free to contact us with any questions during your bridal planning! Congratulations! -Molly @ Modern Bride

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Kristen M

I was so pleased with my experience at Modern Bride! We worked with Amanda, who was so thoughtful and patient. Trying to plan a wedding living away from home can be stressful. I had a very short two hour window to try and find a dress with my mom and sister. Typically Modern... Read More Bride closes the fitting rooms a bit before the store closes. Amanda encouraged me to not worry and keep trying on dresses, since she knew I'd be flying out the very next morning. They let me stay a few minutes late to give my favorites one more shot. Although I was torn between two and decided to sleep on it, Amanda and their team were still so thoughtful. They took the time to take my measurements and get everything together for me, so I could make the decision when I was ready. Thanks for being so understanding and accommodating!

2017-05-03T10:31:25 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Laura G

First and only place I went shopping. Great selection and reasonable prices. Ashley was so helpful and kind. Highly recommend making this your first stop!

2017-03-08T16:20:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for giving us a 5 star review! Congratulations on finding your gorgeous dress and we thank you for choosing Modern Bride! -Ashley @ Modern Bride

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Hailey O

Tayla Schipilliti was so sweet and very helpful during my appointment, she helped me find the perfect dress! There was a great selection with affordable prices as well.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Jessica C

I had an amazing experience at Modern Bride! I am huge into customer service and they really delivered, or should I say, Molly really delivered! She was so knowledgeable and helpful. Molly made me feel very comfortable and important. I must also credit Molly with picking out my... Read More AMAZING wedding dress.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Chantelle L

Molly was helpful, personable, polite, and made me feel so special shopping for my wedding gown! She was very attentive but not overbearing and really helped me find the best look for me. She was a pleasure to work with. Would definitely recommend this shop and sales staff to... Read More anyone.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Allyson B

I had the best experience at Modern Bride!! I worked with Marin, who was super helpful, organized, timely and knowledgeable. We spent over 2 hours trying on so many dresses and Marin eventually was the one who picked out the dress I said yes to!! All of the girls worked so well... Read More together as a team and weren't pushy, unlike other places I have been to! Thank you for all of your help Modern Bride!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Libby J

Fantastic experience picking out my dress! Debbie was so great and really knew her stuff! I walked in, gave her a few not very description adjectives about the dress I wanted and she was able to pick 5 out for me to try on that matched exactly what I had in my head. And, it... Read More was 30% as part of a Thanksgiving sale! Tremendous!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Sllison F

Debbie was a huge help finding my dress today! I had been to a few other stores and she was definitely the most personable. She made me feel very comfortable and once she knew what I was looking for, was able to pick me out lots of dresses to try.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Kirsti D

My wedding was August 2016, this review is long overdue. The dress selection here was amazing and with a short engagement, they did everything possible to ensure my dress arrived on time. They couldn't alter my dress, as it needed to arrive 6 weeks before the wedding date (which... Read More mine did not) but they shared one of their seamstress' info with me and told me she would likely be able to do it at her private business, which she did without issue! Was very appreciative Modern Bride & Formal Shop was so transparent and willing to share this information! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Allison D

I visited Modern Bride after a not - so - great experience at another salon! And let me tell you this place was AMAZING!!!! I got the pleasure of working with Tayla who was so helpful and relaxed. She ended up picking out some GORGEOUS dresses that I loved that I had totally... Read More overlooked. She was the best and totally knew what she was doing and could tell she loves her job!!! I highly recommend this place!!!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Tess K

To start off, the customer service at Modern Bride is excellent! They are accommodating, friendly, informative...the list goes on and on. I had Amanda as our consultant, and she was very professional and nice. Additionally their dresses are well organized and well-kept despite.... Read More Everything was of high quality. I only wish I went here first!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Shannon B

I am terrible at clothes shopping in general, so when it came to my most expensive outfit shopping, I already was preparing myself for an ordeal. I walked in to tons of dresses on display, and many brides-to-be trying dresses on. Amanda, my consultant, saw that I was nearly in... Read More shock and rushed to my side. She was so comforting and knowledgeable about the gowns, that my anxiety significantly lowered. She used my pro's and con's of the dresses I tried on to match my taste, and she did one heck of a job. I haven't found the one, but I am certainly going to go back to have a second look. Such a caring and thoughtful shop!

2017-05-03T10:36:52 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Colleen C

I purchased my Maggie Storreo wedding dresses at Modern Bride. I have to say thank you so much to all the staff that helped me chose the perfect dress for the day of my dreams. I got so many complements and tell everyone to start looking for a dress at Modern Bride. Everyone was... Read More so nice and accommodating. It is a very relaxed setting and you never feel rushed or pressured. All the ladies that worker there were so nice and gave great recommendations based of dresses you try on.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jules O

Modern bride and formal shop was by far the best place I went to when looking for my wedding dress!!! :) I went to 6 different places when searching for "the dress" modern bride was one of them. I loved it there because they were so welcoming and friendly. 1. They didn't make... Read More me feel pressured to buy the dress that day. A lot of places I went to wanted to make the sale the first day I walked in the door and made me feel uncomfortable and pressured to buy it that day trying to say I would get discounts if I purchased the dress the day of etc. When looking for your wedding dress no bride should feel pressured or forced just because the person working there says it looks great you might want to go home think about it or come back with a friend or family member for another opinion. 2. I was able to look through all the dresses myself as well as receive help from an employee there. I felt this was wonderful because some places only ask you what you like and then they bring dresses out from the back to you. I think having the chance to look through the racks myself was not only fun but an important part of the process. 3. I was aloud to take photos of myself there in the dress. Some bridal shops do not allow photos to be taken. This was very helpful because sometimes when you look at yourself in the mirror you look different than how you look in a photo. It was also helpful because you can see what the back looks like without turning around and twisting your body. You can compare dresses and really see which one you like the most! 4. The prices! The prices are great. Some bridal shops really over charge. I had a picture of myself in the dress i ended up choosing. I had gone to another bridal shop and tried on the same exact dress! That place had told me (trying to make an instant sale) how this dress was only available at there store because the designer was locked in with them? It was a sign for me because I had fallen in love with the dress 2 times! I tried on a lot of dresses and it was starting to become a blur. But! I had a photo of myself in the dress at modern bride and saw it was the same exact one! Modern bride also had written down the name of dress with designer so I even pulled it up online and saw the dress. It was a huge turn off for me because that other bridal shop was A. lying to me and B. Trying to charge a little over $1,000 more for the same dress. So that also made me realize how affordable and awesome modern bride was! 5. Large inventory. A lot of places I went to didn't have as much to choose from. Modern bride had more than enough dresses to choose from and the dresses were from top designers and made me feel like the trip there was worth it with everything they had! 6. They take walk ins and appointments 7. I went there a total of 3 times when I was pretty sure I found the dress. First time I was alone. Second time I went with my mother and future mother in law. Third time I came back with my friends and the payment to put my deposit down! Not once did they seem annoyed or bothered. They were always so friendly and welcoming and knew it was a huge decision I was making so never were bothered at the amount of times I went there. Overall modern bride was the best place I went to! Highly recommend it to anyone searching for there bridal gown! Also if you go there ask for TAYLA she's the best and has a lot of experience and was the best person I worked with during my whole bridal gown shopping experience!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kimberly P

The staff at modern bride were excellent. The minute I walked through the door they made me feel like royalty. I was greeted by a gentleman who helped me pick out some styles I liked. I was then assigned someone that would help me try everything on and grab dresses for me. They... Read More were so patient and I ended up choosing a dress they picked out for me. Thank you so much Modern Bride.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Melissa G

This store is amazing! Everyone was so helpful! Such a great selection of dresses.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nicole D

I had such an great experience at Modern Bride working with Amanda! This was my first time dress shopping and the first shop that I decided to go based on some other rave reviews from friends. It definitely lived up to my expectations! I didn't feel pressured at all and I found... Read More the perfect dress!

2017-05-03T12:06:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for picking Modern Bride to find the perfect wedding gown! I am glad I was able to work with you and your family; you guys are a blast to work with! Please feel free to call us if you have any bridal questions!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Chelsea H

I have only good things to say about Modern Bride. This was the first and only place I went to to try on dresses. My mother and I went in without an appointment and were helped immediately. I only knew I wanted lace and sleeves and picked some dresses while the consultant picked... Read More some she thought I might like. After trying on maybe 6 dresses, I felt very overwhelmed and needed to take a breather but I was never once pressured into making a decision. I ended up falling in love with a dress that was picked for me that I would have never picked out myself. The whole staff is friendly and makes you feel very comfortable.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Caralyn C

Have had the best experience thus far working with the team at Modern Bride. On my first visit with my mom and sister we were greeted and helped by Marin. She was amazing, patient, and extremely helpful offering great insight into each dress that I tried on and was knowledgeable... Read More about each question I had pertaining to the dress. I went back today to purchase THE dress and was helped by Amanda who was equally helpful. She finished up the process by helping me get into the dress one last time so I could show my grandmother, and was great with explaining how the ordering process would work. I highly recommend Modern Bride and their expert team of warm and friendly gals to any soon-to-be bridal party!