Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Meghan B

I love this store! This was the third salon I had gone to gown shopping. Modern Bride was so convenient because I did not need an appointment to try on dresses. It worried me at first because I thought I would have to wait in line for my turn to try on dresses since I didn't... Read More make an appointment, but that was not the case at all. I was immediately greeted at the door by Tayla, who was wonderful! She was so knowledgeable about the gowns that were in the store, the styles, and which designer would give me more of the look I was going for with my limited budget. I never felt pressured or rushed. I was able to stand and look the dress over in the mirror without feeling like I was wasting someone's time. Tayla filled the time that I needed to think by looking for dresses that fit my style and my budget. I was so happy with my experience here that I did end up buying my dress with Tayla. We will also be going back to talk about tux rentals and bridesmaids gowns. We are shopping for bridesmaids on a weeknight and I love the convenience of not having to make an appointment. I never know if I will get out of work when I plan to, so I won't have to worry about being late for an appointment. I'm also kind of excited that I could put my dress on at the salon and see how it looks with the bridesmaids! Thank you Tayla and Modern Bride for making it so easy for me to plan my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Scott K

Wonderful experience for my wedding dress the whole time! I had Tayla and she was absolutely perfect!!! She actually picked out my wedding dress based on what I had picked out and on the pictures that I showed. She struck that perfect balance of guiding and helping but was never... Read More too much, nowhere near pushy. Even with letting me have a little privacy while putting them on but standing right outside the curtain waiting to assist! Made it a very calm and fun experience. We had another girl helping and she was great too, all the staff were very knowledgable and so friendly to everyone. For a small shop they have a great selection.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Colleen S

My experience at Modern Bride was fantastic! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the store owner. He asked me about my wedding dress vision, then showed me the large dress selection. Right away I felt at ease. I was able to pick several dress to try on - yes, they let you... Read More peruse their collection of dresses. Everything was divided by designer and had helpful images of the dresses attached to the dress bags. My consultant Ashley was wonderful. I never felt rushed, though I tried on several dresses. Unlike other bridal salons, there were no time limits. Ashley listened to everything I loved and did not like about dresses. It was clear she listened based on the dresses she brought for me to try on. Ashley even found the dress I bought and love! It is everything I wanted, but couldn’t put into words. I was the most impressed when Ashley pulled similar dresses with the same back closure and designer to help me decide which size to order when my measurements placed me between sizes. She answered my questions honestly while remaining professional. I highly recommend Modern Bride and Ashley!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Allyson B

I had the best experience at Modern Bride!! I worked with Marin, who was super helpful, organized, timely and knowledgeable. We spent over 2 hours trying on so many dresses and Marin eventually was the one who picked out the dress I said yes to!! All of the girls worked so well... Read More together as a team and weren't pushy, unlike other places I have been to! Thank you for all of your help Modern Bride!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Libby J

Fantastic experience picking out my dress! Debbie was so great and really knew her stuff! I walked in, gave her a few not very description adjectives about the dress I wanted and she was able to pick 5 out for me to try on that matched exactly what I had in my head. And, it... Read More was 30% as part of a Thanksgiving sale! Tremendous!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Sllison F

Debbie was a huge help finding my dress today! I had been to a few other stores and she was definitely the most personable. She made me feel very comfortable and once she knew what I was looking for, was able to pick me out lots of dresses to try.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Kirsti D

My wedding was August 2016, this review is long overdue. The dress selection here was amazing and with a short engagement, they did everything possible to ensure my dress arrived on time. They couldn't alter my dress, as it needed to arrive 6 weeks before the wedding date (which... Read More mine did not) but they shared one of their seamstress' info with me and told me she would likely be able to do it at her private business, which she did without issue! Was very appreciative Modern Bride & Formal Shop was so transparent and willing to share this information! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Allison D

I visited Modern Bride after a not - so - great experience at another salon! And let me tell you this place was AMAZING!!!! I got the pleasure of working with Tayla who was so helpful and relaxed. She ended up picking out some GORGEOUS dresses that I loved that I had totally... Read More overlooked. She was the best and totally knew what she was doing and could tell she loves her job!!! I highly recommend this place!!!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Tess K

To start off, the customer service at Modern Bride is excellent! They are accommodating, friendly, informative...the list goes on and on. I had Amanda as our consultant, and she was very professional and nice. Additionally their dresses are well organized and well-kept despite.... Read More Everything was of high quality. I only wish I went here first!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Shannon B

I am terrible at clothes shopping in general, so when it came to my most expensive outfit shopping, I already was preparing myself for an ordeal. I walked in to tons of dresses on display, and many brides-to-be trying dresses on. Amanda, my consultant, saw that I was nearly in... Read More shock and rushed to my side. She was so comforting and knowledgeable about the gowns, that my anxiety significantly lowered. She used my pro's and con's of the dresses I tried on to match my taste, and she did one heck of a job. I haven't found the one, but I am certainly going to go back to have a second look. Such a caring and thoughtful shop!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Colleen M

I purchased my Maggie Storreo wedding dresses at Modern Bride. I have to say thank you so much to all the staff that helped me chose the perfect dress for the day of my dreams. I got so many complements and tell everyone to start looking for a dress at Modern Bride. Everyone was... Read More so nice and accommodating. It is a very relaxed setting and you never feel rushed or pressured. All the ladies that worker there were so nice and gave great recommendations based of dresses you try on.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Julia I

Amanda and the rest of Modern Bride was extremely helpful in helping me find my dream dress. My dad and I picked out around 10 dresses and she ended up finding me about 5 more based on what I already tried on. One of the last ones she chose ended up being the one, I knew right... Read More away that the other "contenders" were no match for this dress and I couldn't be happier! The care and attention Amanda paid to me to know the exact dress I was looking for was the dream experience I had hoped for. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jules O

Modern bride and formal shop was by far the best place I went to when looking for my wedding dress!!! :) I went to 6 different places when searching for "the dress" modern bride was one of them. I loved it there because they were so welcoming and friendly. 1. They didn't make... Read More me feel pressured to buy the dress that day. A lot of places I went to wanted to make the sale the first day I walked in the door and made me feel uncomfortable and pressured to buy it that day trying to say I would get discounts if I purchased the dress the day of etc. When looking for your wedding dress no bride should feel pressured or forced just because the person working there says it looks great you might want to go home think about it or come back with a friend or family member for another opinion. 2. I was able to look through all the dresses myself as well as receive help from an employee there. I felt this was wonderful because some places only ask you what you like and then they bring dresses out from the back to you. I think having the chance to look through the racks myself was not only fun but an important part of the process. 3. I was aloud to take photos of myself there in the dress. Some bridal shops do not allow photos to be taken. This was very helpful because sometimes when you look at yourself in the mirror you look different than how you look in a photo. It was also helpful because you can see what the back looks like without turning around and twisting your body. You can compare dresses and really see which one you like the most! 4. The prices! The prices are great. Some bridal shops really over charge. I had a picture of myself in the dress i ended up choosing. I had gone to another bridal shop and tried on the same exact dress! That place had told me (trying to make an instant sale) how this dress was only available at there store because the designer was locked in with them? It was a sign for me because I had fallen in love with the dress 2 times! I tried on a lot of dresses and it was starting to become a blur. But! I had a photo of myself in the dress at modern bride and saw it was the same exact one! Modern bride also had written down the name of dress with designer so I even pulled it up online and saw the dress. It was a huge turn off for me because that other bridal shop was A. lying to me and B. Trying to charge a little over $1,000 more for the same dress. So that also made me realize how affordable and awesome modern bride was! 5. Large inventory. A lot of places I went to didn't have as much to choose from. Modern bride had more than enough dresses to choose from and the dresses were from top designers and made me feel like the trip there was worth it with everything they had! 6. They take walk ins and appointments 7. I went there a total of 3 times when I was pretty sure I found the dress. First time I was alone. Second time I went with my mother and future mother in law. Third time I came back with my friends and the payment to put my deposit down! Not once did they seem annoyed or bothered. They were always so friendly and welcoming and knew it was a huge decision I was making so never were bothered at the amount of times I went there. Overall modern bride was the best place I went to! Highly recommend it to anyone searching for there bridal gown! Also if you go there ask for TAYLA she's the best and has a lot of experience and was the best person I worked with during my whole bridal gown shopping experience!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kimberly P

The staff at modern bride were excellent. The minute I walked through the door they made me feel like royalty. I was greeted by a gentleman who helped me pick out some styles I liked. I was then assigned someone that would help me try everything on and grab dresses for me. They... Read More were so patient and I ended up choosing a dress they picked out for me. Thank you so much Modern Bride.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Melissa G

This store is amazing! Everyone was so helpful! Such a great selection of dresses.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nicole D

I had such an great experience at Modern Bride working with Amanda! This was my first time dress shopping and the first shop that I decided to go based on some other rave reviews from friends. It definitely lived up to my expectations! I didn't feel pressured at all and I found... Read More the perfect dress!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Chelsea H

I have only good things to say about Modern Bride. This was the first and only place I went to to try on dresses. My mother and I went in without an appointment and were helped immediately. I only knew I wanted lace and sleeves and picked some dresses while the consultant picked... Read More some she thought I might like. After trying on maybe 6 dresses, I felt very overwhelmed and needed to take a breather but I was never once pressured into making a decision. I ended up falling in love with a dress that was picked for me that I would have never picked out myself. The whole staff is friendly and makes you feel very comfortable.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Caralyn C

Have had the best experience thus far working with the team at Modern Bride. On my first visit with my mom and sister we were greeted and helped by Marin. She was amazing, patient, and extremely helpful offering great insight into each dress that I tried on and was knowledgeable... Read More about each question I had pertaining to the dress. I went back today to purchase THE dress and was helped by Amanda who was equally helpful. She finished up the process by helping me get into the dress one last time so I could show my grandmother, and was great with explaining how the ordering process would work. I highly recommend Modern Bride and their expert team of warm and friendly gals to any soon-to-be bridal party!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Erin K

Working with Modern Bride was a great experience. Their store was always very clean and well lighted, a truly great environment for trying on wedding dresses. The girls and owners were also so helpful and patient each time I went in, whether it was my first couple visits trying... Read More on numerous dresses or when we spent all afternoon there with some of my bridesmaids trying on dresses- they were always so attentive. Our dresses came in on time and they kept me updated along the way. On the day of my wedding, my dress fit great and looked amazing! I would highly recommend them to my friends and family.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kelley D

Best wedding attire shop around! We ordered my wedding dress, the wedding party suits, bridesmaids dresses and mother of the bride dress from Modern Bride. They made every visit seamless and pleasant. Being a bride can be stressful and Modern Bride made me feel at ease.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 leslie n

I went to Modern Bride 10/8/16. With My bridal party and Me to look for a wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. We walked in Elizabeth greet us and help me and my party. She was the best went above and beyond for us. She help me pick wedding dresses. I found my wedding dress at... Read More there shop. She work with me She was not push and they do not work on commission . I fell in the love with the first dress and believe it or not it was Elizabeth pick for me. She was great she listen to you and writers down the bridesmaid dresses I liked . I would tell everyone to go here for you're dresses and ask for Elizabeth. You can't go wrong with them. Best place ever and I hate shopping and they made it a fun day for me and my party.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Elizabeth V

I purchased my wedding gown and veil at modern bride. I also found my bridesmaids dresses there. I was overwhelmed by the amazing treatment I received. The girls were always helpful but Tayla was amazing and always brightened my day. It took me a couple of trips there to find... Read More what I wanted and I tried on probably close to 30 dresses before I found the one but they were always understanding and helpful. I finally tried one out of my comfort zone and it was the one!! I just brought it to be preserved as after the work to find it and the meaning attached I wanted to keep it. They even helped me to do that and I'll be forever grateful that you helped me with our special day! ~The new Mrs Ngo

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lindsay V

Modern bride was the first store I went to try on wedding gowns. I had the most wonderful experience. All the ladies who worked there was very sweet, and very helpful.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Meghan H

I'm so thrilled I went to Modern Bride and found the dress of my dreams! We were immediately greeted by Elizabeth when we stepped through the door and from that moment on she was right there to help me find the perfect dress! Elizabeth was absolutely wonderful and a pleasure to... Read More work with! She was incredibly patient and encouraged me to try on as many styles as I wanted so I could see what I liked best. It really says something when the person working with you is just as excited as you are, and Elizabeth was just that! Modern Bride has a huge selection of dress styles and designers, and all of them were stunning! We never felt rushed and had an amazing experience that I will never forget. Days after I said yes to the dress, I got a hand written card in the mail from Elizabeth wishing me the best of luck on the rest of planning and preparations for the big day. Modern Bride went above and beyond for me and I will be recommending them in a heartbeat to all my bride-to-be friends!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Courtney J

They don't even deserve the one star! This is the worst place I have ever shopped. I went for my wedding dress and they fit me wrong with a dress two sizes too big. Then the first seamstress didn't even know how to fix the dress then the one they call the "head seamstress"... Read More altered my dress and messed it all up. The top was still two sizes too big and they shorted my dress and blamed it on me! I went in for 4 fittings and they just continued to blame me for there mistakes. I was told I was a lair and that I had a roll in my stomach I don't have. And then the head seamstress laughed in my face and was extremely rude. She didn't once try to fix her mistakes and the manger even was rude to my mother. And the best part was we were told to never come back after they wouldn't give me my money back and it's only 10 days till my wedding. I will be telling everyone to never shop at this horrible store. They are the nastiest people I have ever met. If you want a good dress and nice people go anywhere else! I went to Davids Bridal and they put me in a dress that fit right off the rack two sizes small then this terrible store!

Start a Conversation!