Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Modern Bride is New Hampshire's premier bridal showroom with the area's largest collection of designer bridal gowns; bridesmaid, mother-of-the-bride and flower girl dresses; accessories; and tuxedos. We are the region's only full-service bridal shop with on-site professional seamstresses.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

200 Rte 101, Bedford, NH

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Kristen D

I had the pleasure of going to Modern Bride in Bedford, NH, on November 30th with my mother to look at wedding dresses as they had a sale that was winding down. We were immediately greeted by our associate for the afternoon, Ashley, who provided us with some important... Read More information about the layout of the store, where we could find certain styles, and offered to pull several things she thought would be flattering on my figure. Ashley was patient with me as I mumbled about how something looked "too cupcake-y" and when I came out of the dressing area with a dress that fit over my head and torso, but stopped at my hips and declared to my mother "this isn't the dress!" She even helped me get expert advice from Renee, who would be doing alterations. After spending two hours at the shop, and not finding the dress, Ashley pulled one with a color that would look good on me, and she thought would fall in a flattering manner. Not surprisingly, it turned out to be THE dress. The check out process was hassle free, and they didn't try to force us to buy any accessories (veil, belt, etc) which made them more approachable and friendly. I was even more excited when I found out that they could store my dress for me until my wedding for FREE! I would recommend Modern Bride to any bride who is looking for a hassle free, warm and friendly environment, where the staff is kind and knowledgeable. Thank you, Ashely and Renee!

2015-11-28T14:21:00 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much for your kind words! We are thrilled you were able to find your perfect dress here with us. We would love if you could share a few pictures from your special day with us! Thanks again! Ashley & Renee

Michele Jellison

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Michele J

Perfection! Odessa and Renee, you made my daughter feel like a princess. The bride's and bridesmaids' dresses were beautiful. Brian took care of the tuxes flawlessly. I called so many times and whoever helped me showed professionalism and excellent customer service. A++++

Unexpected...but SO glad I went!!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2013 Kate H

I was not the typical excited bride-to-be on the hunt for my wedding dress today. Our wedding isn't until 2015, so I agreed to go out to a Maggie Sottero trunk show at Modern Bride (MB)in Bedford, NH as a test run. I had no idea what dresses would look good on me and only went... Read More in with two thoughts: Old Hollywood and I certainly wouldn't find a dress today. Odessa kindly greeted us with an easy-going, yet professional demeanor and inquired on what I was looking for. I basically told her that I had no clue except that our wedding style was going to be Old Hollywood. She seriously was like a wedding dress fairy. She pulled out several dresses geared towards my theme, but also focused on what I knew I didn't want (no poof or princess-like styles for me). Odessa was a true pro- hands off when I needed her to be (loved having her to assist, but didn't need her helping me squeeze my nearly naked body into each dress ;) and immediately hands on when I needed help zipping and adjusting. I loved that I could be open and honest when I didn't like a particular dress and appreciated Odessa's honesty when she had a feeling I wasn't into something. Enter Ashely- another great addition to this random "I'm-looking-for-my wedding-dress-but-won't-be-buying-it" day. She was another sales consultant who if I didn't know worked there, felt like a long-lost friend helping me out. In a nutshell, I went into MB thinking I may be able to at least narrow down my thoughts for the big day and left with a completely different feeling. I left elated about the beautiful, Old Hollywood Maggie Sottero dress that I ended up purchasing because I knew it was the one. With the help of these two ladies at MB, and of course my friend HK, made this day a very memorable one. For those who may start out like me feeling overwhelmed about the whole wedding dress search and may not initially be overly excited about it- I'd highly recommend giving Modern Bride a try. No pressure, yet passionate and knowledgeable staff that make you feel welcome. You never know...you may just find yourself leaving with the dress of your dreams. (Even if initially- you don't know what that exactly looks like ;)

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Colleen S

My experience at Modern Bride was fantastic! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the store owner. He asked me about my wedding dress vision, then showed me the large dress selection. Right away I felt at ease. I was able to pick several dress to try on - yes, they let you... Read More peruse their collection of dresses. Everything was divided by designer and had helpful images of the dresses attached to the dress bags. My consultant Ashley was wonderful. I never felt rushed, though I tried on several dresses. Unlike other bridal salons, there were no time limits. Ashley listened to everything I loved and did not like about dresses. It was clear she listened based on the dresses she brought for me to try on. Ashley even found the dress I bought and love! It is everything I wanted, but couldn’t put into words. I was the most impressed when Ashley pulled similar dresses with the same back closure and designer to help me decide which size to order when my measurements placed me between sizes. She answered my questions honestly while remaining professional. I highly recommend Modern Bride and Ashley!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Amanda C

I had a great experience at this shop! My consultant Ashley was amazing and came out with great dress choices once she found out what I liked the most about each dress I tried on! By the end she knew the combinations of things I liked and found a perfect dress that I and my... Read More mom, mother-in-law, and sister absolutely love!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Erin G

I just want to thank Ashley at Modern Bride. From the second I walked through the door until the end of my visit, Ashley catered to me. She was so knowledgeable and helpful the whole time and extremely sweet and pleasant to be around. I highly recommend this bridal shop for all... Read More brides (and bridesmaids) and I am so happy to be a part of the Modern Bride family!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Amanda M

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Modern bride! Ashley who worked with me was awesome!! She let us have time to pick out some dresses and answered every question I had. She helped narrow down the dress choices and also suggested some dresses she thought I would love.... Read More All of the other girls in the store were amazing as well! They offered feedback on every dress and got just as excited as I did when I said yes! I would highly recommend checking the place out. Thank you girls for such a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Danni D

I didn't end up buying my dress here BUT I had such a good experience that I had to write a review. I had my eye on a dress in another store, but it was the only store I had been to and I felt uncomfortable purchasing without looking at at least one other place, so on a whim... Read More without an appointment I went to Modern Bride. I was worried because it was a Saturday, but I was seen right away by a consultant who was wonderful. I explained my situation and despite her knowing that I was really interested in another dress elsewhere, she still gave me her undivided attention. She walked me through the racks, explained the set up and gave me and my small entourage a chance to look around and pull things I liked. Then she came back and showed me some of her own suggestions, which were spot on what I was looking for. The dressing room she took us to was HUGE. It fit several ballgowns as well as me, the consultant, and one of my bridesmaids. The consultant was super helpful and efficient, and I loved trying on gowns here. There are even pedestals for you to stand up on to model your dress. I actually found quite a few dresses I liked, although in the end they didn't beat the one I had seen previously. But there were a lot of different styles to choose from, and I was really impressed with the range of prices. My budget was not large but I still had a lot of options, and not just on the clearance rack! After we finished with myself, we also browsed the bridesmaid dress racks and found a lot of options. We haven't decided on one yet, but there is a good chance I will be getting my bridesmaid dresses here. I cannot say enough good things about the customer service I received here. Despite ultimately deciding on a dress from another store, this was exactly the shopping experience I was hoping for.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Katrina H

I was super excited when I went to Modern Bride & Formal Shop. The place is beautiful and very well organized, and has so many dresses to choose from. I loved the dressing area, because it includes little stages for you to step up on to see yourself in your dress. Also, what... Read More made my experience very relaxing was having one of the employees, Debbie, helping me out. She helped me get into all the different dresses I wanted to try on, and even grabbed some extra that she thought I might like. She was super helpful and even ended up finding me the dress I ended up buying!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Cecily D

Found my dream dress here this weekend and tayla my consultant was amazing! She was very welcoming from the beginning and showed myself and my party the layout of the store and let us go to town! After picking a few she also pulled what she thought I would like and she was right... Read More on the money! I especially like how non-pushy she was and how easy the whole process was from beginning to end. She was there when I asked but also wasn't over bearing if I said I was all set to do it myself which I greatly appreciate as an independent person. She even added accessories to help visualize the end result! I can't say enough good things about tayla and modern bride and I look forward to fittings in the future!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Jess S

I had a wonderful experience at Modern Bride. Right when we walked, Debbie greeted us and offered to help find some dresses to pull. I showed her several pictures of the styles I liked and we had five dresses pulled in a matter of minutes. Debbie helped me get into every dress... Read More and even went back to pull more after I had tried on a few and told her what I liked or didn't like. She saved the best for last in the second batch of dresses; I ended up purchasing that last gown and couldn't be happier with my choice! I found the staff at Modern Bride to be friendly, knowledgable, and professional & I would highly recommend this place to any bride-to-be.

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Annie F

I have been to Modern Bride twice now for myself as a bride (yes, I'm super indecisive!) and will be returning in hopes of purchasing my girls' bridesmaid dresses here! The first time I went I had an appointment: I was helped (an understatement!) by Tayla, who made me feel very... Read More comfortable and was a lot of fun to work with. The second time I came in on a Saturday with my mom just for fun, as we'd had such a wonderful experience here the first time. Even though the store was packed, one of the consultants, Debbie, was quick to come over and allow me to try on as many dresses as I wanted to. Debbie was absolutely fantastic - she even dropped me a note in the mail, which was such a lovely personal touch. She helped me locate the dress of my dreams and, although I wound up purchasing this exact dress off the rack from another bridal salon, I credit Modern Bride entirely for helping me select my gown (I purchased at another retailer for financial purposes/I had wanted to take a dress home asap rather than ordering it if possible). I have seen a couple of bridesmaid dresses here that I would love my bridesmaids to wear for my wedding and this is my number one choice, so I will definitely be looking to buy here if all goes according to plan! :) Can't say enough good things about Modern Bride and it's staff; it's truly a wonderful facility and I will continue to recommend it to all brides to be!!

2016-03-08T13:42:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! How nice of you to say. I look forward to helping you with the bridesmaids as well! We recommend at least 6 months before the wedding to place your order for bridesmaids. See you soon! Debbie

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Lauren G

I had a wonderful experience at Modern Bride in Bedford, NH! I had the pleasure of working with Odessa on several occasions while dress shopping and I was amazed at the attentiveness and patience I experienced while I was there. I was not pressured into anything I was unsure of,... Read More and instead was told I can come back as many times as I would like and try on as many dresses as I wanted! It made dress shopping so much more enjoyable without the high pressure sales tactic. When I was ready to order my dress Odessa was on top of it! My (soon to be) mother in law offered to make my veil, and when I asked Odessa how I would be able to find tulle to match my dress she went out of her way without my asking to order me a tulle sample from the designer! That is customer service that goes above and beyond! I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Danielle Marie C

I went in to Modern Bride & Formal Shop with very little direction and a very short time frame for finding and ordering a dress. I told Debbie what I was envisioning and she knew exactly what dress I was thinking about. She pulled it and within minutes, I knew that was THE... Read More dress. We tried on a few others just to be sure, but not even twenty minutes later, I was ordering the first gown to be rush delivered!

2016-03-08T13:46:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! So happy to help in making your day special. Love a happy Bride!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Sabrina M

Odessa and Modern Bride were fantastic at helping me and my bridesmaids find our dresses. The selection is amazing here. Thank you for helping me find my perfect wedding dress and beautiful bridesmaids dresses.

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Erin G

I went to Modern Bride this past Saturday and had a great experience. I worked with Debbie, she was exceptional. She worked with my close timeframe and was able to find and order me the perfect dress. Can't wait for it to arrive for the big day! Thank you for such a great... Read More experience.

Reviewed on 1/31/2016

I had the best experience wedding dress shopping here! From the moment we walked in the door, I felt welcome and attended to without any pushy-ness or pressure. My bridal consultant was Tayla and I can't say enough good thing about her! She made the process so fun, enjoyable and... Read More she even found the dress that I ended up purchasing. She has a great eye and a wonderful talent, not to mention being just extremely friendly and warm. I would recommend this shop to any bride! Their selection is huge, including a wide variety of on sale dresses. No appointment required was nice, too. Thanks so much Modern Bride & Tayla!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Emily G

I said yes to my dress here! Had a wonderful experience with Tayla and all the darling, sweet sales ladies... we tried on so many gowns in two hours; they even stayed past closing time a few nights to make sure I got what I needed. My bridesmaids got their dresses here, as... Read More did my mom. I can't say enough about the upbeat attitude, professionalism, knowledge, and all the services this salon provides... not to mention the darling store of ladies' delicate lingerie right next door! What a gem; we are so lucky to have this in Southern NH! I look forward to expanding our experience there with invitation selection and tuxedo rentals (hopefully)! p.s. My sister got her prom dress there and the lady who sold it to her (through all the trials, as well) continues to remember us each time we go in. What a special way to treat your customers.

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Blair B

After receiving an email from Modern Bride regarding a trunk show, I scheduled an appointment to try on the first round of dresses with my mom, sister and cousin. I say "first round" because I consider myself to have a slight case of decision anxiety. :) Nervously walking in, we... Read More were greeted by Ashley. She was upbeat from the moment we walked through the door, showing us a number of new styles as we made our way towards the racks. I warned her that I struggle with making quick decisions so she asked to see some styles that I had been pinning. I showed Ashley two or three different dresses that I liked and she instantly knew what I was looking for and had my style down. She was able to assist us in narrowing down a few dresses and also steered me away from ones that she knew I wouldn't like, based on my descriptions. This was so helpful, because the more options I had, I'm sure I would have stayed there all day! There was one dress in particular that I kept coming back to and Ashley brought over the seamstress to give me suggestions on what she would do to make the dress fit me just right. Great team work! Never in a million years would I have thought that I would not only find my wedding dress the first time walking into a bridal salon, better yet, under an hour after walking through the door! Ashley was great - she was knowledgeable about the dresses, didn't make us feel rushed, and was really fun to work with! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2016-08-02T10:18:50 Response from the vendor

We are so happy we were able to be a part of your dress experience! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding this weekend! We love seeing our beautiful brides on their special day and we would love if you could share pictures with us!! Thank You... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Amanda L

This was my first time going wedding dress shopping, and, to be totally honest, I was mentally preparing myself to be incredibly stressed out. Boy, was I wrong! My mom, my 2 bridesmaids and I were IMMEDIATELY greeted by Odessa who was AMAZING to work with. We had so much fun.... Read More Odessa was so helpful and fun. She certainly made what could have been a long, tiring, and overwhelming experience a complete joy.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Lauren D

I had terrible experiences with other shops. then I found modern bride and Ashley my consultant. she is amazing and so are the dresses you have available. I hated everything I tried at other stores. ashley took the time to really help me find the best dress. I cannot wait to see... Read More my dress when it comes in. I'm so excited! !

2016-08-02T10:22:32 Response from the vendor

We are happy you had a great experience here with us! Your wedding day is right around the corner.. We wish you the best and would love to see pictures from your special day! Thank you for sharing your experience! Ashley

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Brittney-Lynne S

I cant say enough good things about my experience at Modern Bride! Ashley was my consultant and she had great recommendations! She really listened to what i was looking for and didn't try to sell me on a dress so there was no pressure! I ended up purchasing the dress of my... Read More dreams and I plan on going back for my bridesmaid dresses! Their prices are great and if your looking for dresses that sparkle they have the largest selection around!

2016-08-02T10:25:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy you chose us to find your dream dress and your maids dresses! We wish you the best of luck with your final planning and would love to see pictures of your wedding day! Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Chrisanne G

I can't say enough good things about Modern Bride & Formal. Like so many before me, I had a lackluster experience at David's Bridal and was starting to feel a little discouraged after trying on so many options without finding the right dress. But I'd read all these good reviews,... Read More so I was thrilled when the girl who greeted me said her name was Odessa. (It was like meeting a celebrity!) Right away, I felt so much more comfortable. I love that you don't need an appointment and that they let you dig through the racks yourself—I couldn't help wondering at the other places if my dream dress was hanging on the rack but my stylist had overlooked it. Odessa let me take my time to go through them, and once she saw the style I was looking for, she pulled out a similar dress that I'd missed. And while I tried on dresses, she was great about suggesting different alterations I could make. Plus, she's just warm and friendly—a nice thing when you're stuck in the dressing room together! I actually found two dresses I really liked but ended up going with one on the clearance rack that only cost $340! It was just a great experience all around. We were only half-way through when my mom said incredulously, "I'm so glad we came here!" And as if that great experience weren't enough, I got a sweet card in the mail from Odessa afterward, urging me to let her know if there's anything I need. Now that's great customer service!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Evan H

I'm not really a shopper, but I had an amazing experience at Modern Bride! Brian greeted me when I walked in and showed me the layout of the store and allowed me to go browse on my own and at my own pace which felt wonderful after feeling rushed at other stores. I went alone... Read More for my first visit and Odessa was the perfect consultant for me (patient, knowledgeable, and kind), even though she knew I was just looking and not buying anything that day. In total, I visited 4 times and each time I had an excellent experience. Ashley assisted me and my bridesmaid on my final visit where I ended up purchasing the dress I kept going back to. She was professional and made the check-out process easy and I walked away knowing exactly what to expect while waiting for my dress. They are even going to find me a swatch of the material of my dress so I can use it to match bridesmaid dresses and show my florist. Can't wait for the fittings! Thank you so much :)

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

Modern Bride & Formal Shop was truly amazing! I purchased my wedding gown, my attendants dresses & my moms dress here. My husband also rented his tux and all his groomsmen tuxes there as well. Modern Bride & Formal Shop was professional, generous with time and patient with every... Read More decision and as we all know, when making decisions as important as purchasing a bridal gown etc., that can really take time yet they never rushed me ever. Alterations were maticulous and accurate as well. Please know that this rating is coming from a woman who had a relative who owned a bridal shop (and I worked for her) many years ago so I DO know the business. I cannot express enough positive sentiments about how my experience was here so you will just have to go and see for yourself how wonderful it it is.