Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Modern Bride is New Hampshire's premier bridal showroom with the area's largest collection of designer bridal gowns; bridesmaid, mother-of-the-bride and flower girl dresses; accessories; and tuxedos. We are the region's only full-service bridal shop with on-site professional seamstresses.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

200 Rte 101, Bedford, NH

THANK YOU MODERN BRIDE FOR MAKING MY DREAMS COME TRUE!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014

I cannot even begin to express how much I LOVED my visit at Modern Bride!! While shopping for my wedding dress, this was the only store that listened to my vision AND had the inventory to make it come to life!! It started off as a surreal and overwhelming experience; shopping... Read More for THE dress that you've dreamed about every day since you were a little girl is intense!! My bridal consultant, Odessa, was a HUGE help - she is my new ANGEL!! Not only did she listen to all of my ideas (even the weird ones) but she put me at ease with her outgoing personality and her impeccable customer service skills. She made me feel like a friend, an individual, a princess and more importantly a bride!! Thanks to her, I now have the most beautiful wedding dress in the whole entire world!! I am just counting down the days until I can go back for my fittings and to see Odessa again :) I can't say thank you enough and I can't rave enough about my experience at Modern Bride - everyone should go there right now and have a magical experience for themselves!!

Michele Jellison

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Michele J

Perfection! Odessa and Renee, you made my daughter feel like a princess. The bride's and bridesmaids' dresses were beautiful. Brian took care of the tuxes flawlessly. I called so many times and whoever helped me showed professionalism and excellent customer service. A++++

Unexpected...but SO glad I went!!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2013 Kate H

I was not the typical excited bride-to-be on the hunt for my wedding dress today. Our wedding isn't until 2015, so I agreed to go out to a Maggie Sottero trunk show at Modern Bride (MB)in Bedford, NH as a test run. I had no idea what dresses would look good on me and only went... Read More in with two thoughts: Old Hollywood and I certainly wouldn't find a dress today. Odessa kindly greeted us with an easy-going, yet professional demeanor and inquired on what I was looking for. I basically told her that I had no clue except that our wedding style was going to be Old Hollywood. She seriously was like a wedding dress fairy. She pulled out several dresses geared towards my theme, but also focused on what I knew I didn't want (no poof or princess-like styles for me). Odessa was a true pro- hands off when I needed her to be (loved having her to assist, but didn't need her helping me squeeze my nearly naked body into each dress ;) and immediately hands on when I needed help zipping and adjusting. I loved that I could be open and honest when I didn't like a particular dress and appreciated Odessa's honesty when she had a feeling I wasn't into something. Enter Ashely- another great addition to this random "I'm-looking-for-my wedding-dress-but-won't-be-buying-it" day. She was another sales consultant who if I didn't know worked there, felt like a long-lost friend helping me out. In a nutshell, I went into MB thinking I may be able to at least narrow down my thoughts for the big day and left with a completely different feeling. I left elated about the beautiful, Old Hollywood Maggie Sottero dress that I ended up purchasing because I knew it was the one. With the help of these two ladies at MB, and of course my friend HK, made this day a very memorable one. For those who may start out like me feeling overwhelmed about the whole wedding dress search and may not initially be overly excited about it- I'd highly recommend giving Modern Bride a try. No pressure, yet passionate and knowledgeable staff that make you feel welcome. You never know...you may just find yourself leaving with the dress of your dreams. (Even if initially- you don't know what that exactly looks like ;)

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Kori H

I had the best experience finding my wedding gown at Modern Bride. It was an unplanned trip- my mom and I stopped on a whim on our way home from Maine. Debbie immediately helped guide me to dresses that fit my vision and I found the perfect gown on the first try. She even... Read More matched me with the perfect accessories. The experience was so great, my mom found her dress right after I did! I would recommend this bridal salon to any bride!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Victoria S

Went today to take a first look at wedding dresses and I was pleasantly surprised to walk away with my wedding dress purchased after only an hour and a half of looking. They have an amazing selection of dresses there to choose from! Odessa was a great help; she helped me... Read More choose dresses that fit my style and wasn't just giving me the most expensive dresses either. She was really interested in making me happy with my choice. I would highly recommend Modern Bride and Odessa to any bride-to-be!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Briana C

I originally began my shopping at davids bridal due to my limited budget. The dresses were low quality and I only found one that I "liked". We decided to give modern bride a try despite my worries about only being able to afford the clearance dresses. When we walked in the door... Read More we were greeted with a warm smile by Debbie. When I explained my budget she happily brought us over to the clearance which to much of my surprise had over 25 dresses in my size! Debbie was patient as we searched through looking at each dress and as I tried them on she shared stories of her wedding and dress. Her amiable and sincere personality makes you feel as though you have known her for years! When I walked out in a stunning lace trumpet she helped give us the full experience through accessories and a viel. My mom and I welled up in tears knowing this was the one! We couldn't have done it without debbie! Thank you! I highly recommend going to modern bride! The selection is incredable, the people are amazing and the quality if dresses is top notch!

Wedding Dress Review

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 lynne L

I just wanted to say how pleased I was when I walked into Modern Bride & was greeted by Debbie Fortin. Debbie was so pleasant to us & very helpful in picking out my Dream Gown for my wedding! She listened to the style I wanted & also picked out a beautiful veil & hair piece to... Read More match my dress. I would recommend asking for Debbie if anyone needs a Bridal Shop for their wedding. Thank you again Debbie! 😃 Lynn Laflamme

Modern Marvel!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Janelle V

I spent a lot of time in the salon and even though they are a busy boutique I still felt remembered every time I went in. The staff is so friendly and seemed interested in how things were progressing even outside of their scope of services. They were accommodating and helpful... Read More without being overbearing. We got our tuxes, invites, my wedding dress and shoes here and I don't regret a thing

2015-07-02T09:28:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for those kind words. It is always our goal to make you feel wonderful and special on your wedding day. We are so excited for you and wish you all the best of luck for the future. Again, thank you!

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Amanda K

I absolutely love this Bridal Shop. It was referred to me by my soon to be sister in law, as she got her dress here. It is a very clean, fun and professional Bridal Shop. I have had the pleasure in working with, Odessa, throughout my search and purchase of my dress. I had such... Read More a great experience with her that all my bridesmaids and my MIL bought their dresses here as well. I can't say enough about Odessa and her patience and friendliness to myself and my bridal party. You don't just get a dress at this Bridal Shop, you make friends. Amanda (Dawe)

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Nancy B

I recommend Modern Bride if you are looking for a wedding dress. I had an appointment with Arianna and she was wonderful!! Arianna is the best! She let me choose some dresses and she recommended some dresses for me. They have many beautiful dresses. They did not pressure me... Read More to buy. I enjoyed my experience there and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a wedding dress. They have onsite storage and seamstress, not every store has that. You will enjoy this beautiful store and their large selection of dresses. Their prices are reasonable too. My coworker bought her dress there too.

Awesome experience!

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 Kristi W

Debbie was amazing!!!! My sister-in-law bought her wedding dress there 4 years ago and Modern Bride was my first stop. I had the intention of just going in to look with no intention of finding the one! I was first greeted by Brian, who was very attentive and showed me where and... Read More how to begin. Shortly after picking out a few dresses to try on, I was greeted by all star Debbie, who gave me one-on-one attention and made me feel very comfortable. She listened to my concerns about the dress I wanted and gave me reassurance that it will work out with the alterations. As a new young bride, I had no idea where to begin. I would highly recommend Debbie and Modern Bride as your first stop! Needless to say I bought the first dress I picked out all in a timely easy fashion!

Great!

Reviewed on 4/19/2015 Ashley S

I had been dress shopping for a couple of momths before i tried modern bride. I thought they would be expensive since they were in bedford, but a friend recommened it so i gave it a shot. When i walked in I was greeted by Ashley, and i can not say enough great things about her.... Read More She asked me what I was looking for and i told her i wasnt really sure. She told me to pick out a couple off the rack and then we could go from there. After none of the ones i picked worked out, she picked one out for me to try. I put it on and absoluetly loved it. I looked at the price and was even more excited! Everyone was so sweet and really made me feel like the beautiful bride I will be next year!!! Thanks Ashley for finding an amazing dress for me! It was everything i wanted! :)

Thank you Debbie!

Reviewed on 3/28/2015 Allison F

I went wedding dress shopping yesterday 3/27/15 at Modern Bride. Debbie greeted us and showed me which dresses were where and what not. she helped me get the dresses on and was very genuine to talk to during the visit. I pulled a few of the same kind of dresses that I thought I... Read More would love but I wasn't loooving them once they were on. Debbie listened to my concerns with those dresses and went and pulled 5 more for me that she thought I would like better. I absolutely loved the dresses she pulled! the 4 dresses that I ended up writing down to think about were the 4 she had pulled for me. It is really hard to look at dresses in a bag and think yeah that't what I want and then put it on and be disappointed, Debbie made this process much easier by going and finding what I was saying I think I wanted. Thank you Debbie! we will be back soon :-) ~Allison

Thank You Tayla!!

Reviewed on 3/08/2015 Jillian B

I had been to a few bridal shops before coming to Modern Bride and none impressed me. Dresses were either within my budget and looked cheap or were out of my budget entirely. When I came to Modern Bride, Tayla listened to what I wanted in a dress, and instantly found 5-6... Read More dresses that fit my description and were in or UNDER budget. She never pushed for me to spend more, which I appreciated. She was amazing at picking out perfect accessories and matching veils and dresses. She was so knowledgeable on ordering dresses and different options, and when she didn't have an answer she found someone who did know right away. I did try a few more shops after Modern Bride, but none made me feel as welcome, or had a dress I loved more than the one at Modern Bride. I came back 2 weeks later and bought my dress! I had an amazing experience and got a dress I love for far under the price of my budget!! Thank you to everyone at Modern Bride and especially Tayla!!!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 1/17/2015 jacki f

I recently bought my wedding dress here! My consultant Odessa was fantastic. She made my shopping experience great. She helped me find many dresses within the style I was looking for. She gave me an experience that was relaxed and pressure free. I returned to Modern Bridal with... Read More my bridesmaids and Odessa knew me by name and was very helpful. I would recommend this bridal shop to any bride that is looking for a relaxed dress shopping experience with many dresses to choose from!

Great Service!

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Allison S

The staff at modern bride were great. They respected my price range and didn't try to show me gowns I could not afford. The owner's daughter (I think her name was Toni) ended up picking out my wedding dress. It was absolutely beautiful and I loved it. After the initial visit, I... Read More mostly worked with Odessa, who was informative and professional. One of my friends who was supposed to be a bridesmaid ended up getting pregnant but it was too soon to tell everyone, so Odessa played along and pretended to order 3 dresses instead of 2 (My friend ended up having the baby 4 days after our wedding). We actually found the bridesmaids dresses at another boutique but Modern Bride was able to order them directly to their shop. At my final fitting I was missing a button for my bustle and the shop took care of it without a problem. I also brought my dress back to have it cleaned and heir-loomed. It costs $199 which I thought was expensive but after I shopped around it seemed to be about average. It takes about a month to get the dress back-I haven't gotten mine back yet so I can't speak to the quality of that service. I would definitely recommend shopping at Modern Bride.

My First Visit

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Lauren M

I came to Modern Bride to try dresses on for the first time. I picked 5 dresses to try on- they had been similar to dresses I have been looking at in magazines. They were OK, but I wasn't satisfied. Odessa was my consultant and said she would go pick a couple dresses she thought... Read More would look good on me. The two dresses she pulled for me were NOTHING like what I had dreamed of, but looked better than anything I could have ever wished for! She is absolutely amazing at her job. Not only does she know what she's doing, she knows how to keep you on track. I can't wait to go back and make my final decision!!

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 Larissa M

I made two stops on a day that I had went dress shopping, the Modern Bride being one of them. After a horrible experience at the first appointment, I was so relieved and happy when I got to the Modern Bride! My mother, maids of honor, and I agreed that simply walking through the... Read More door was such a different and relaxed atmosphere. I was assisted by a wonderful woman, Tayla, she was so sweet and helpful! I am a very indecisive person and she was extremely amazing by pulling dresses for me and helping me narrow down to my favorite two dresses! Overall, I had a wonderful experience at the Modern Bride and I am so glad I went there because it turned a bad day into a great one! I will be going there with my bridesmaids to find their dresses and I cannot wait!! I highly recommend the Modern Bride and Formal Shop. Thank you Tayla and Courtney!

A Full-Service Experience

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Abby R

I went to Modern Bride for not only my wedding dress, but also my bridesmaids dresses and invitations. My bridal consultant, Odessa, was outstanding every time I was in the shop. She was super patient and helpful during my wedding dress consultation, and always made sure to... Read More greet me and my mom/sister whenever she saw us. Modern Bride gives you the freedom to shop around before you make any choices about dresses, which was great for me and my bridesmaids. The invitation consultant sometimes seemed a little brusque when I was choosing my invitations, but despite some confusion about the number of place cards we needed the invitations and wedding stationary turned out beautifully. Overall, Modern Bride was great at providing a low-key, low-pressure shopping experience with great results!

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Kristen D

I had the pleasure of going to Modern Bride in Bedford, NH, on November 30th with my mother to look at wedding dresses as they had a sale that was winding down. We were immediately greeted by our associate for the afternoon, Ashley, who provided us with some important... Read More information about the layout of the store, where we could find certain styles, and offered to pull several things she thought would be flattering on my figure. Ashley was patient with me as I mumbled about how something looked "too cupcake-y" and when I came out of the dressing area with a dress that fit over my head and torso, but stopped at my hips and declared to my mother "this isn't the dress!" She even helped me get expert advice from Renee, who would be doing alterations. After spending two hours at the shop, and not finding the dress, Ashley pulled one with a color that would look good on me, and she thought would fall in a flattering manner. Not surprisingly, it turned out to be THE dress. The check out process was hassle free, and they didn't try to force us to buy any accessories (veil, belt, etc) which made them more approachable and friendly. I was even more excited when I found out that they could store my dress for me until my wedding for FREE! I would recommend Modern Bride to any bride who is looking for a hassle free, warm and friendly environment, where the staff is kind and knowledgeable. Thank you, Ashely and Renee!

Made things very easy

Reviewed on 11/29/2014 Andrea B

Went to Modern Bride on a very busy day over Thanksgiving weekend and had great customer service from Odessa - she knew the dresses I was interested in like the back of her hand and offered other choices in the same style that I hadn't even known about. Appreciated her time and... Read More patience, and the process was seamless despite how very busy they were.

Stress Free & Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 11/18/2014

After looking for a wedding dress for what felt like forever, a friend recommended going to Modern Bride. I had such a great experience with falling in love with my wedding dress that I brought the bridesmaids there too. Odessa was such a great help and gave so many great tips... Read More with the dress styles and colors. We found beautiful and great quality dresses within our budget. I am so grateful for Modern Bride and all their help!

Modern bride & formal shop

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Catherine M

I had a great experience at this shop. They have a huge selection of beautiful affordable gowns. And the staff was wonderful!!! Very friendly and knowledgable.

Courtney found my dress!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 sharon l

First, the selection of bridal gowns and bridesmaid's dresses at Modern Bride is awesome! The quality, prices, and service are excellent! Bridal consultant, Courtney, actually picked out my dress and said "How about this one..." It was normally a material I wasn't even going... Read More to try on and it was GORGEOUS, she pulled so many dresses that were exactly my taste and what I was looking for. Super professional and helpful! I arrived at 5pm and walked out dress-in-hand and a happy bride less than an hour and a half later!! Thanks so much Courtney!! -Sharon

5 star rating all around

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Amy F

I worked with Ashley at modern bride and I definitely recommend her! She was amazing and so helpful! She helped me pick the dress of my dreams and just listened to what I liked. Go see her! Definitely an experience I'll never forget! Thank you Ashley for everything! I cant wait... Read More to put my dress back on!

TO Modern Bride & Formal Shop