Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Modern Bride is New Hampshire's premier bridal showroom with the area's largest collection of designer bridal gowns; bridesmaid, mother-of-the-bride and flower girl dresses; accessories; and tuxedos. We are the region's only full-service bridal shop with on-site professional seamstresses offering bridal alterations.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

200 Rte 101, Bedford, NH (603) 472-4933
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Brittni A

Modern Bride was the first place I stopped to shop for a wedding dress. Debbie was wonderful, welcoming, and was focused on me and my needs. I'm fairly introverted and a little shy about this kind of thing. She gave me exactly the amount of space I needed to do things my way. I... Read More tried on 4 dresses, and fell in love with the fourth. It was at the top of my budget, so I decided to step away before making a decision. Debbie said she would keep my dress aside while I made a decision. I found out later that she told my mom that she had been doing this a long time, and was confident that this was my dress. We went to an appointment at another store, and I was completely appalled. The other store was crowded, and even though we had made an appointment, our representative was nowhere to be found. After having such a great experience with Debbie, I walked out of the other shop after trying on 6 more dresses. Nobody had asked for my feedback, and the dresses were the exact same ones that the other brides near me were trying on. After leaving the other shop. We went to get lunch, and we decided to go back to Debbie. She was helping another bride, but she also helped me get my dress to try it on again, and she helped me pay for the dress and make my alterations appointment while going back and forth frequently between the two of us. She even called me later in the evening to make sure we went over everything. When I went back for the alteration measurement, the seamstress I worked with was also amazing. She was sweet and personable. She gave me options for my alterations, explaining how long things would take, and what's more practical. I absolutely love this shop.

2017-02-01T15:59:23 Response from the vendor

Brittni you're so sweet! Thank you so very much for your kind words. I couldn't be happier for you! You got the perfect dress!. We look forward to helping you between now and the wedding. It would be lovely if you liked us on Facebook... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Julia W

Amanda and the rest of Modern Bride was extremely helpful in helping me find my dream dress. My dad and I picked out around 10 dresses and she ended up finding me about 5 more based on what I already tried on. One of the last ones she chose ended up being the one, I knew right... Read More away that the other "contenders" were no match for this dress and I couldn't be happier! The care and attention Amanda paid to me to know the exact dress I was looking for was the dream experience I had hoped for. Thank you so much!

2017-05-03T11:58:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Modern Bride to find your Bridal gown! I am honored to have helped make your experience so great. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any other bridal questions! – Amanda @Modern Bride

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Colleen S

My experience at Modern Bride was fantastic! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the store owner. He asked me about my wedding dress vision, then showed me the large dress selection. Right away I felt at ease. I was able to pick several dress to try on - yes, they let you... Read More peruse their collection of dresses. Everything was divided by designer and had helpful images of the dresses attached to the dress bags. My consultant Ashley was wonderful. I never felt rushed, though I tried on several dresses. Unlike other bridal salons, there were no time limits. Ashley listened to everything I loved and did not like about dresses. It was clear she listened based on the dresses she brought for me to try on. Ashley even found the dress I bought and love! It is everything I wanted, but couldn’t put into words. I was the most impressed when Ashley pulled similar dresses with the same back closure and designer to help me decide which size to order when my measurements placed me between sizes. She answered my questions honestly while remaining professional. I highly recommend Modern Bride and Ashley!

2017-03-08T16:15:11 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much for your kind words! Modern Bride is honored you chose us as your bridal shop and I am so happy to have helped you find the dress of your dreams! Please feel free to contact us with any other questions during... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Alyson J

I cannot thank all of the ladies at Modern Bride enough for helping me find my perfect dress for my wedding at Lake Shore Village Resort in August. Every time I came into the shop, I was greeted with smiles and felt like I was top priority. I felt beautiful from the first moment... Read More I tried Geddes on and the girls made sure I knew it. And my husband Jon absolutely loved it! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Kim M

Modern Bride was my one and only stop for my wedding dress! We had other appointments but cancelled them to stay at Modern Bride. Marin was unbelievable. She listened closely to what we liked and didn't like about different dresses and ultimately brought us the dress that I... Read More bought! She was great at showing us what things could be changed (adding straps, different colors of white) and when to go hunting for a different dress. I left feeling like I got a dress and a new friend. The environment is great, everyone working there is helpful and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Tiffany W

Amazing experience, this was the first place I ever went to and they were so nice and helpful! I only had a certain amount of time to try on dresses the first time because I had another appt somewhere else. Amanda was awesome and she even said good luck even though it was... Read More somewhere else. I ended up going back there and finding my dress! She helped me pick out what I liked and if I tried something on and didn’t like it, she wouldn’t bring back another one that was like it! Highly highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Michayla L

The people at Modern Bride are rockstars. I'm very insecure about my body and was dreading the experience of dress shopping before my appointment. Elizabeth put my fears to rest. I was immediately comfortable with her as soon as I met her. She was extremely personable and so... Read More very kind throughout the process. I never once felt pressured by her or felt like I was a burden (I tried on a LOT of dresses and was super indecisive about what I was looking for) From what she chose for me to try on, it felt like she had known me and my taste for years! I found my dream dress (at an incredibly reasonable price!) and feel like I'm on cloud 9 from the experience itself. She even helped with my color schemes for bridesmaid dresses! The folks at Modern Bride truly go above and beyond. I highly recommend them-they are top notch. Thank you, Modern Bride!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Kayla B

After going to multiple bridal shops I came into Modern Bride and worked with Allison. She immediately made me feel comfortable and helped me find the most amazing wedding dress. She took all of the things i liked and didnt like and was able to find a dress that fit me... Read More perfectly. Thank you and I can't wait to wear my dress next year!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Erica H

My dress shopping experience at Modern Bride was incredible! It was day one of dress shopping for me, and I walked away from the store after purchasing the very first dress I tried on! I loved that myself and my "I Do Crew" could walk through the aisles of dress options, pulling... Read More out the ones that both I liked, and the ones my crew thought I would look nice in. And our associate, Jackie, was wonderful! She was so helpful in every way, from helping us get started to actually helping me get in and out of the dresses. After hearing my thoughts on a few of the dresses I tried on, she also pulled others to try that our group had missed. And the best part for me, Jackie didn't push me in any specific direction, which was very refreshing! She was just full of advice and positive comments! I couldn't have dreamed up a better experience! I can't wait to come back in for the next steps!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Allison G

I was really nervous going to a salon that was walk in ... I've been to 5 or so salons with appointments and dedicated assistants. I was hesitant that they would not pay me much attention because my budget is a little lower. I stopped in here, last minute, on a holiday... Read More Saturday in November with a few family members. We were met immediately by Amanda, who was so incredibly pleasant! She asked if I had an idea of a dress - I showed her a picture - she found it immediately! She knew I was indecisive and gave me a few minutes alone with my family, no pressure, and even pulled out a bunch of other dresses for me to try out. She was so kind, supportive, patient and willing to let me try dresses BACK on. I totally felt like she was my personal assistant. She even ran across the store to get extra tissues for my Mom when she started bawling her eyes out!! I can't believe I have tried on over 50 gowns, and I found THE ONE as soon as I walked in here! It was incredible. And hey, no sales tax/luxury tax in NH, SUPER BONUS

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Hailey S

Debbie was wonderful to work with. She did not stop searching until I found my perfect dress. Loved the atmosphere and the shop had many options for you to choose from. I would recommend this place to anyone who's dress shopping.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Thayla M

My experience shopping for my dress at modern bride was amazing! We had someone assigned to us during the appointment, and she focused on me while i was shopping and trying on. I had told her the look that i was after and the first dress she pulled ended up being the dress i... Read More bought! They had great brands, the dressing rooms and mirrors were all super nice. i would recommend this to be any brides first stop for dress shopping :)

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Megan S

I can't even begin to describe the seamless and easy process it took to find my wedding dress for my perfect day! Allison made it even easier when looking for my dress by provided an unforgettable experience. She made the process easy, quick and comfortable. She helped look... Read More through styles but also utilized her knowledge of dresses in the shop to tailor to my style. I already can't wait to go back when i get the dress altered, she was just so great! Thank you for everything so far!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Liana L

Wonderful experience! Like a fairy tale! My attendant was wonderful and I got my dream dress for an incredible price on sale! Professional, pleasant, personal!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Meghan B

I got married this summer, and I cannot say enough about Modern Bride! The service is beyond excellent. My mom also got her gown here. We were always welcomed with smiling faces and the staff genuinely shared our excitement and happiness with us. This is the best place for... Read More bridal gowns and beyond! Thank you Modern Bride, I found the perfect dress and had the most perfect experience here!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Amanda W

I went to modern bride and formal shop on the hunt for the perfect dress Amanda greeted me as soon as I walked in the store and was able to help me find the dress of my dreams! I can't thank modern bride enough for making my wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Hannah F

Words can't even begin to describe how amazing this shop is! I first went there after a not so great experience at another bridal boutique. And every single fear was put to rest! The staff listened to me, were incredibly attentive, and let the whole experience be fun and... Read More carefree. I've now been on the hunt for bridesmaids dresses! If you're lucky enough to get Ashley or Amanda, you know you're in good hands! Two fantastic ladies! They're there with you EVERY step of the way, no matter if you're there for five minutes or an hour. And they always greet you with a smile!

2017-11-14T12:14:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for giving us a 5 star review! Congratulations on finding your gorgeous dress and we thank you for choosing Modern Bride! -Ashley @ Modern Bride

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Tanya B

I had a great experience at Modern Bride, and found the perfect dress with Amanda's help! They have a great selection even if you're on a budget, and we felt very welcomed and comfortable the whole time.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jaclyn R

ASHLEY, has been FANTASTIC every time I've stepped into Modern Bride. I bought my dress there, my sister in law has bought her wedding dress there and now my good friend has bought her dress there. ASHLEY is so kind and thoughtful and pays attention to every detail. I absolutely... Read More love her!!! She was so wonderful to work with!!!

2017-11-14T12:14:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am so happy you chose us to find your dream dress. I wish you the best of luck with your final planning and would love to see pictures of your wedding day! Thank you again for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Alexandra C

Modern Bride is the only place I went to look for dresses. I was in a couple weeks ago and was helped by Courtney who really helped me narrow down a couple choices. I came back today with my mom and MOH to try the "top choices" on again. This time Amanda helped me since Courtney... Read More was out. She was wonderful! She actually found the gown I ended up purchasing. The whole experience was great, everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I'm so happy with the dress I chose and I can't wait for my wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Christie R

Modern Bride was where I found my dream dress thanks to the help of Ashley Pilotte! She was incredibly patient and helpful with me, and everyone I brought in, to find a dress! She helped me for several weeks narrow down dresses to find the right one. Most importantly, I could... Read More tell that she really cared about me as a person and wanted me to be happy and that is a rare quality in a saleswoman! I would 5/5 recommend this shop and Ashley for future brides to be!

2017-11-14T12:13:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for giving us a 5 star review! Congratulations on finding your gorgeous dress and thank you for choosing Modern Bride! I'm honored to have been a small part of your big day!! Best Wishes, Ashley @ Modern Bride

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Stephanie G

Couldn’t be happier with my experience at Modern Bride! From the minute we walked in, Ashley was so attentive and did such an amazing job helping me find the dream dress I had always envisioned! Her professionalism and sense of humor made us all so comfortable from the... Read More beginning of our trip, and it didn’t take long at all until I found the one! I recommend Modern Bride and Ashley in particular to help make bridal dreams come true! So excited for my big day <3

2017-11-14T12:12:49 Response from the vendor

I am so happy I was able to be a small part of your big day! Thank you for choosing us to find your perfect dress! Congratulations again and Thank You for sharing your experience with us! Best Wishes, Ashley

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Amanda Z

I can't say 'thank you' enough to Amanda for being so patient with me the two times I came into the salon! she quickly caught on to what I likes and was looking for in my wedding dress. Everyone else was so warm and welcoming and they had a great selection to choose from!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Danielle K

Amanda and the rest of the shop was amazing but Amanda really stood out!! My mom and I came here looking for my wedding dress almost a year ago. All I knew was that I wanted long sleeves, but nothing else. I'm extremely insecure so trying on anything is a bit of a production for... Read More me. Amanda brought so many dresses on for me to try, gave me honest options which I appreciated, and helped me find a dress that I could customize to exactly what I wanted. I was hoping to loose more weight for my wedding but wasn't able to. For my first fitting I was really unhappy with how I looked but insisted to not let the dress out. My second fitting my mom came back with me and convicned me to let them let the dress out. The seamstress worked hard over the next couple of days to let the dress out so could try it on again before I left to go home- I should have listened sooner! The dress looked amazing! They also fixed my sleeves which were too tight and fixed the neckline which was much more reveliving than I thought. Over this almost year process Amanda became like a friend, helping me with my dress, and she was always the one to call me with updates on my dress and confirming my appointments. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day!!! Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Melissa H

I had to come and write a review about Amanda! Modern Bride was my second stop in my wedding dress venture. The first time I worked with Amanda, I tried on a handful of dresses and then went home to sleep on it. The second time I went in, she greeted me and asked if she wanted... Read More me to pull my top picks! I was so impressed that she remembered!!! I went a couple more times because I just couldn't make up my mind. She was super nice and very patient. She made me comfortable the whole time and was never pushy! She was a pleasure to work with and would recommend every bride to make a stop there and work with her!!