Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

200 Rte 101, Bedford, NH

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Meghan B

I love this store! This was the third salon I had gone to gown shopping. Modern Bride was so convenient because I did not need an appointment to try on dresses. It worried me at first because I thought I would have to wait in line for my turn to try on dresses since I didn't... Read More make an appointment, but that was not the case at all. I was immediately greeted at the door by Tayla, who was wonderful! She was so knowledgeable about the gowns that were in the store, the styles, and which designer would give me more of the look I was going for with my limited budget. I never felt pressured or rushed. I was able to stand and look the dress over in the mirror without feeling like I was wasting someone's time. Tayla filled the time that I needed to think by looking for dresses that fit my style and my budget. I was so happy with my experience here that I did end up buying my dress with Tayla. We will also be going back to talk about tux rentals and bridesmaids gowns. We are shopping for bridesmaids on a weeknight and I love the convenience of not having to make an appointment. I never know if I will get out of work when I plan to, so I won't have to worry about being late for an appointment. I'm also kind of excited that I could put my dress on at the salon and see how it looks with the bridesmaids! Thank you Tayla and Modern Bride for making it so easy for me to plan my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Scott K

Wonderful experience for my wedding dress the whole time! I had Tayla and she was absolutely perfect!!! She actually picked out my wedding dress based on what I had picked out and on the pictures that I showed. She struck that perfect balance of guiding and helping but was never... Read More too much, nowhere near pushy. Even with letting me have a little privacy while putting them on but standing right outside the curtain waiting to assist! Made it a very calm and fun experience. We had another girl helping and she was great too, all the staff were very knowledgable and so friendly to everyone. For a small shop they have a great selection.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Colleen S

My experience at Modern Bride was fantastic! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the store owner. He asked me about my wedding dress vision, then showed me the large dress selection. Right away I felt at ease. I was able to pick several dress to try on - yes, they let you... Read More peruse their collection of dresses. Everything was divided by designer and had helpful images of the dresses attached to the dress bags. My consultant Ashley was wonderful. I never felt rushed, though I tried on several dresses. Unlike other bridal salons, there were no time limits. Ashley listened to everything I loved and did not like about dresses. It was clear she listened based on the dresses she brought for me to try on. Ashley even found the dress I bought and love! It is everything I wanted, but couldn’t put into words. I was the most impressed when Ashley pulled similar dresses with the same back closure and designer to help me decide which size to order when my measurements placed me between sizes. She answered my questions honestly while remaining professional. I highly recommend Modern Bride and Ashley!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Caitlyn G

This place is great for wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and mother of the bride dresses, but is terrible for tuxes! I got my wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses here and my mom got her dress and everything went smoothly. All the staff were very helpful and friendly,... Read More alterations went smoothly and my dress was beautiful. However, they messed up and didn't order a tux for one of the groomsmen and left my husband scrambling on the day of the wedding. Since they didn't have much in stock the groomsmen was going to have to wear a bow tie while the rest of the wedding party had ties. My husband ended up going to a store and buying a matching tie for this groomsmen on the day of the wedding. I had such an excellent experience buying my dress here, and I definitely don't regret it, but I do regret ordering the tuxes from here.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Cory B

Had an excellent bridal appointment with Tayla. She was great at recommending styles and fabric and guiding me to dresses that were exactly my style. Very fun appointment and she had great energy! Our group tried on both bridal and bridesmaid dresses.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Brigid M

My mom and I just got back from Modern Bride for my first ever experience with trying on a wedding dress. We were immediately greeted by Tayla. Who turned out to be beyond wonderful. She also had an consultant in training (whom I don't remember her name) but she also did a... Read More fabulous job and was willing to help. I thought I would be completely overwhelmed with choices and decisions but Tayla really kept me at ease. She was so comforting and down to earth. She had great suggestions and also really listened to my likes and dislikes. I couldn't have asked for a better first experience. We narrowed it down to a couple dresses but there was one that really stood out to me. Tayla gave me all the info that I would need and was never pushy to make the sale. The finishing moment she gave me a heartfelt hug which really meant so much to me. She even told me about the Maggie Sorreto trunk show that would be coming up soon and how I could save some money on accessories. I just want to thank Tayla and modern bride for making me feel so welcomed and comfortable I truly walked in today feeling nervous and that immediately went away.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Amanda C

I had a great experience at this shop! My consultant Ashley was amazing and came out with great dress choices once she found out what I liked the most about each dress I tried on! By the end she knew the combinations of things I liked and found a perfect dress that I and my... Read More mom, mother-in-law, and sister absolutely love!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Erin G

I just want to thank Ashley at Modern Bride. From the second I walked through the door until the end of my visit, Ashley catered to me. She was so knowledgeable and helpful the whole time and extremely sweet and pleasant to be around. I highly recommend this bridal shop for all... Read More brides (and bridesmaids) and I am so happy to be a part of the Modern Bride family!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Amanda M

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Modern bride! Ashley who worked with me was awesome!! She let us have time to pick out some dresses and answered every question I had. She helped narrow down the dress choices and also suggested some dresses she thought I would love.... Read More All of the other girls in the store were amazing as well! They offered feedback on every dress and got just as excited as I did when I said yes! I would highly recommend checking the place out. Thank you girls for such a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Danni D

I didn't end up buying my dress here BUT I had such a good experience that I had to write a review. I had my eye on a dress in another store, but it was the only store I had been to and I felt uncomfortable purchasing without looking at at least one other place, so on a whim... Read More without an appointment I went to Modern Bride. I was worried because it was a Saturday, but I was seen right away by a consultant who was wonderful. I explained my situation and despite her knowing that I was really interested in another dress elsewhere, she still gave me her undivided attention. She walked me through the racks, explained the set up and gave me and my small entourage a chance to look around and pull things I liked. Then she came back and showed me some of her own suggestions, which were spot on what I was looking for. The dressing room she took us to was HUGE. It fit several ballgowns as well as me, the consultant, and one of my bridesmaids. The consultant was super helpful and efficient, and I loved trying on gowns here. There are even pedestals for you to stand up on to model your dress. I actually found quite a few dresses I liked, although in the end they didn't beat the one I had seen previously. But there were a lot of different styles to choose from, and I was really impressed with the range of prices. My budget was not large but I still had a lot of options, and not just on the clearance rack! After we finished with myself, we also browsed the bridesmaid dress racks and found a lot of options. We haven't decided on one yet, but there is a good chance I will be getting my bridesmaid dresses here. I cannot say enough good things about the customer service I received here. Despite ultimately deciding on a dress from another store, this was exactly the shopping experience I was hoping for.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Katrina H

I was super excited when I went to Modern Bride & Formal Shop. The place is beautiful and very well organized, and has so many dresses to choose from. I loved the dressing area, because it includes little stages for you to step up on to see yourself in your dress. Also, what... Read More made my experience very relaxing was having one of the employees, Debbie, helping me out. She helped me get into all the different dresses I wanted to try on, and even grabbed some extra that she thought I might like. She was super helpful and even ended up finding me the dress I ended up buying!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Cecily D

Found my dream dress here this weekend and tayla my consultant was amazing! She was very welcoming from the beginning and showed myself and my party the layout of the store and let us go to town! After picking a few she also pulled what she thought I would like and she was right... Read More on the money! I especially like how non-pushy she was and how easy the whole process was from beginning to end. She was there when I asked but also wasn't over bearing if I said I was all set to do it myself which I greatly appreciate as an independent person. She even added accessories to help visualize the end result! I can't say enough good things about tayla and modern bride and I look forward to fittings in the future!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Jess S

I had a wonderful experience at Modern Bride. Right when we walked, Debbie greeted us and offered to help find some dresses to pull. I showed her several pictures of the styles I liked and we had five dresses pulled in a matter of minutes. Debbie helped me get into every dress... Read More and even went back to pull more after I had tried on a few and told her what I liked or didn't like. She saved the best for last in the second batch of dresses; I ended up purchasing that last gown and couldn't be happier with my choice! I found the staff at Modern Bride to be friendly, knowledgable, and professional & I would highly recommend this place to any bride-to-be.

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Annie F

I have been to Modern Bride twice now for myself as a bride (yes, I'm super indecisive!) and will be returning in hopes of purchasing my girls' bridesmaid dresses here! The first time I went I had an appointment: I was helped (an understatement!) by Tayla, who made me feel very... Read More comfortable and was a lot of fun to work with. The second time I came in on a Saturday with my mom just for fun, as we'd had such a wonderful experience here the first time. Even though the store was packed, one of the consultants, Debbie, was quick to come over and allow me to try on as many dresses as I wanted to. Debbie was absolutely fantastic - she even dropped me a note in the mail, which was such a lovely personal touch. She helped me locate the dress of my dreams and, although I wound up purchasing this exact dress off the rack from another bridal salon, I credit Modern Bride entirely for helping me select my gown (I purchased at another retailer for financial purposes/I had wanted to take a dress home asap rather than ordering it if possible). I have seen a couple of bridesmaid dresses here that I would love my bridesmaids to wear for my wedding and this is my number one choice, so I will definitely be looking to buy here if all goes according to plan! :) Can't say enough good things about Modern Bride and it's staff; it's truly a wonderful facility and I will continue to recommend it to all brides to be!!

2016-03-08T13:42:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! How nice of you to say. I look forward to helping you with the bridesmaids as well! We recommend at least 6 months before the wedding to place your order for bridesmaids. See you soon! Debbie

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Lauren G

I had a wonderful experience at Modern Bride in Bedford, NH! I had the pleasure of working with Odessa on several occasions while dress shopping and I was amazed at the attentiveness and patience I experienced while I was there. I was not pressured into anything I was unsure of,... Read More and instead was told I can come back as many times as I would like and try on as many dresses as I wanted! It made dress shopping so much more enjoyable without the high pressure sales tactic. When I was ready to order my dress Odessa was on top of it! My (soon to be) mother in law offered to make my veil, and when I asked Odessa how I would be able to find tulle to match my dress she went out of her way without my asking to order me a tulle sample from the designer! That is customer service that goes above and beyond! I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Danielle Marie C

I went in to Modern Bride & Formal Shop with very little direction and a very short time frame for finding and ordering a dress. I told Debbie what I was envisioning and she knew exactly what dress I was thinking about. She pulled it and within minutes, I knew that was THE... Read More dress. We tried on a few others just to be sure, but not even twenty minutes later, I was ordering the first gown to be rush delivered!

2016-03-08T13:46:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! So happy to help in making your day special. Love a happy Bride!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Sabrina M

Odessa and Modern Bride were fantastic at helping me and my bridesmaids find our dresses. The selection is amazing here. Thank you for helping me find my perfect wedding dress and beautiful bridesmaids dresses.

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Erin G

I went to Modern Bride this past Saturday and had a great experience. I worked with Debbie, she was exceptional. She worked with my close timeframe and was able to find and order me the perfect dress. Can't wait for it to arrive for the big day! Thank you for such a great... Read More experience.

Reviewed on 1/31/2016

I had the best experience wedding dress shopping here! From the moment we walked in the door, I felt welcome and attended to without any pushy-ness or pressure. My bridal consultant was Tayla and I can't say enough good thing about her! She made the process so fun, enjoyable and... Read More she even found the dress that I ended up purchasing. She has a great eye and a wonderful talent, not to mention being just extremely friendly and warm. I would recommend this shop to any bride! Their selection is huge, including a wide variety of on sale dresses. No appointment required was nice, too. Thanks so much Modern Bride & Tayla!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Emily G

I said yes to my dress here! Had a wonderful experience with Tayla and all the darling, sweet sales ladies... we tried on so many gowns in two hours; they even stayed past closing time a few nights to make sure I got what I needed. My bridesmaids got their dresses here, as... Read More did my mom. I can't say enough about the upbeat attitude, professionalism, knowledge, and all the services this salon provides... not to mention the darling store of ladies' delicate lingerie right next door! What a gem; we are so lucky to have this in Southern NH! I look forward to expanding our experience there with invitation selection and tuxedo rentals (hopefully)! p.s. My sister got her prom dress there and the lady who sold it to her (through all the trials, as well) continues to remember us each time we go in. What a special way to treat your customers.

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Blair B

After receiving an email from Modern Bride regarding a trunk show, I scheduled an appointment to try on the first round of dresses with my mom, sister and cousin. I say "first round" because I consider myself to have a slight case of decision anxiety. :) Nervously walking in, we... Read More were greeted by Ashley. She was upbeat from the moment we walked through the door, showing us a number of new styles as we made our way towards the racks. I warned her that I struggle with making quick decisions so she asked to see some styles that I had been pinning. I showed Ashley two or three different dresses that I liked and she instantly knew what I was looking for and had my style down. She was able to assist us in narrowing down a few dresses and also steered me away from ones that she knew I wouldn't like, based on my descriptions. This was so helpful, because the more options I had, I'm sure I would have stayed there all day! There was one dress in particular that I kept coming back to and Ashley brought over the seamstress to give me suggestions on what she would do to make the dress fit me just right. Great team work! Never in a million years would I have thought that I would not only find my wedding dress the first time walking into a bridal salon, better yet, under an hour after walking through the door! Ashley was great - she was knowledgeable about the dresses, didn't make us feel rushed, and was really fun to work with! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2016-08-02T10:18:50 Response from the vendor

We are so happy we were able to be a part of your dress experience! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding this weekend! We love seeing our beautiful brides on their special day and we would love if you could share pictures with us!! Thank You... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Amanda L

This was my first time going wedding dress shopping, and, to be totally honest, I was mentally preparing myself to be incredibly stressed out. Boy, was I wrong! My mom, my 2 bridesmaids and I were IMMEDIATELY greeted by Odessa who was AMAZING to work with. We had so much fun.... Read More Odessa was so helpful and fun. She certainly made what could have been a long, tiring, and overwhelming experience a complete joy.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Lauren D

I had terrible experiences with other shops. then I found modern bride and Ashley my consultant. she is amazing and so are the dresses you have available. I hated everything I tried at other stores. ashley took the time to really help me find the best dress. I cannot wait to see... Read More my dress when it comes in. I'm so excited! !

2016-08-02T10:22:32 Response from the vendor

We are happy you had a great experience here with us! Your wedding day is right around the corner.. We wish you the best and would love to see pictures from your special day! Thank you for sharing your experience! Ashley

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Brittney-Lynne S

I cant say enough good things about my experience at Modern Bride! Ashley was my consultant and she had great recommendations! She really listened to what i was looking for and didn't try to sell me on a dress so there was no pressure! I ended up purchasing the dress of my... Read More dreams and I plan on going back for my bridesmaid dresses! Their prices are great and if your looking for dresses that sparkle they have the largest selection around!

2016-08-02T10:25:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy you chose us to find your dream dress and your maids dresses! We wish you the best of luck with your final planning and would love to see pictures of your wedding day! Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Chrisanne G

I can't say enough good things about Modern Bride & Formal. Like so many before me, I had a lackluster experience at David's Bridal and was starting to feel a little discouraged after trying on so many options without finding the right dress. But I'd read all these good reviews,... Read More so I was thrilled when the girl who greeted me said her name was Odessa. (It was like meeting a celebrity!) Right away, I felt so much more comfortable. I love that you don't need an appointment and that they let you dig through the racks yourself—I couldn't help wondering at the other places if my dream dress was hanging on the rack but my stylist had overlooked it. Odessa let me take my time to go through them, and once she saw the style I was looking for, she pulled out a similar dress that I'd missed. And while I tried on dresses, she was great about suggesting different alterations I could make. Plus, she's just warm and friendly—a nice thing when you're stuck in the dressing room together! I actually found two dresses I really liked but ended up going with one on the clearance rack that only cost $340! It was just a great experience all around. We were only half-way through when my mom said incredulously, "I'm so glad we came here!" And as if that great experience weren't enough, I got a sweet card in the mail from Odessa afterward, urging me to let her know if there's anything I need. Now that's great customer service!