Modern Bride & Formal Shop

Modern Bride is New Hampshire's premier bridal showroom with the area's largest collection of designer bridal gowns; bridesmaid, mother-of-the-bride and flower girl dresses; accessories; and tuxedos. We are the region's only full-service bridal shop with on-site professional seamstresses offering bridal alterations.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

200 Rte 101, Bedford, NH (603) 472-4933

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Brittni A

Modern Bride was the first place I stopped to shop for a wedding dress. Debbie was wonderful, welcoming, and was focused on me and my needs. I'm fairly introverted and a little shy about this kind of thing. She gave me exactly the amount of space I needed to do things my way. I... Read More tried on 4 dresses, and fell in love with the fourth. It was at the top of my budget, so I decided to step away before making a decision. Debbie said she would keep my dress aside while I made a decision. I found out later that she told my mom that she had been doing this a long time, and was confident that this was my dress. We went to an appointment at another store, and I was completely appalled. The other store was crowded, and even though we had made an appointment, our representative was nowhere to be found. After having such a great experience with Debbie, I walked out of the other shop after trying on 6 more dresses. Nobody had asked for my feedback, and the dresses were the exact same ones that the other brides near me were trying on. After leaving the other shop. We went to get lunch, and we decided to go back to Debbie. She was helping another bride, but she also helped me get my dress to try it on again, and she helped me pay for the dress and make my alterations appointment while going back and forth frequently between the two of us. She even called me later in the evening to make sure we went over everything. When I went back for the alteration measurement, the seamstress I worked with was also amazing. She was sweet and personable. She gave me options for my alterations, explaining how long things would take, and what's more practical. I absolutely love this shop.

2017-02-01T15:59:23 Response from the vendor

Brittni you're so sweet! Thank you so very much for your kind words. I couldn't be happier for you! You got the perfect dress!. We look forward to helping you between now and the wedding. It would be lovely if you liked us on Facebook... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Julia W

Amanda and the rest of Modern Bride was extremely helpful in helping me find my dream dress. My dad and I picked out around 10 dresses and she ended up finding me about 5 more based on what I already tried on. One of the last ones she chose ended up being the one, I knew right... Read More away that the other "contenders" were no match for this dress and I couldn't be happier! The care and attention Amanda paid to me to know the exact dress I was looking for was the dream experience I had hoped for. Thank you so much!

2017-05-03T11:58:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Modern Bride to find your Bridal gown! I am honored to have helped make your experience so great. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any other bridal questions! – Amanda @Modern Bride

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Colleen S

My experience at Modern Bride was fantastic! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the store owner. He asked me about my wedding dress vision, then showed me the large dress selection. Right away I felt at ease. I was able to pick several dress to try on - yes, they let you... Read More peruse their collection of dresses. Everything was divided by designer and had helpful images of the dresses attached to the dress bags. My consultant Ashley was wonderful. I never felt rushed, though I tried on several dresses. Unlike other bridal salons, there were no time limits. Ashley listened to everything I loved and did not like about dresses. It was clear she listened based on the dresses she brought for me to try on. Ashley even found the dress I bought and love! It is everything I wanted, but couldn’t put into words. I was the most impressed when Ashley pulled similar dresses with the same back closure and designer to help me decide which size to order when my measurements placed me between sizes. She answered my questions honestly while remaining professional. I highly recommend Modern Bride and Ashley!

2017-03-08T16:15:11 Response from the vendor

Thank You so much for your kind words! Modern Bride is honored you chose us as your bridal shop and I am so happy to have helped you find the dress of your dreams! Please feel free to contact us with any other questions during... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/03/2018 Debra S

Amanda was amazing to work with- she was so helpful and patient, which made the whole process stress-free. I am thrilled that I said yes to the dress at Modern Bride!

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 krystal g

Modern bride was my 5th stop for a dress!! I was convinced I wasn't getting that "this is my dress moment" and I would just settle on one... I had a pretty strict budget and a rough idea what I wanted but i was finding what I "wanted" wasn't in my budget..well let's just say... Read More Amanda W was my consultant and she went above and beyond she brought me so many dresses and never once went over my budget!! I had asked if i increased my budget by 100-200 coukd i get closer to what i wanted she went and lookes and to my surprise she brought me in one under what I wanted to spend originally & it was everything I was looking for!! I couldn't be more grateful for her patience and for actually listening to what I wanted she wasn't pushy and was honest I owe me saying yes to the dress to Amanda because without her patience I wouldn't of found my dress!!! I couldn't be happier with my dress!!

Reviewed on 2/18/2018 Julia O

I absolutely LOVE Modern Bride! I came here for my prom dress in 2010, my sister-in-law's wedding dress in 2012, my best friend's dress and our bridesmaids dresses in 2016, and now my wedding dress! While the other salon I went to felt really structured and awkward, Modern Bride... Read More has a wonderfully relaxed and comfortable feel. They don't do appointments, but no matter how busy it is, they make room for you. My consultant Ashley was wonderful. She listened to what I was looking for, gave me a great selection of different options, and was super helpful. I will continue to recommend everyone I know to go here.

Reviewed on 2/14/2018 Molly B

I had the best time picking out my wedding dress! My consultant was Debbie and she was very helpful and made my whole experience wonderful!! I can't say enough good things about modern bride and Debbie!

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Lindsay R

I had an excellent experience at Modern Bride! Modern Bride was the first and last bridal shop I visited and for a reason. When I walked in I was warmly greeted by Ashley who gave us the full run down. She let us browse through all the rows of dresses and pick out a handful I... Read More liked to try on. None of these dresses felt like "the one," but from this selection Ashley was able to pin point what I liked differently about each dress and use this to find her own selection of ones she thought I would like using her expert opinion. Being someone who is very self conscious (I put off wedding dress shopping for months because of this) I was anxious to see what she had picked out for me. I tried on 3 or 4 dresses she has chosen and each one got better and better. The last one she brought me even ended up being the one! Ashley is great at what she does, she is patient and is so genuinely invested in finding the right dress for her clients. She worked to find me my dream dress within my price range. I am so happy I went to Modern Bride and I would HIGHLY suggest them to anyone else looking for their dream dress/all things bridal!

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Sarah J

Fantastic experience!

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Abigail B

Modern Bridal was the best bridal experience I could have asked for. My consultant Ashley was incredibly polite and knew exactly what I wanted based on my goal look. It was a stress free environment, I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 2/01/2018 Lindsey R

I am 5'1", petite, and very self-conscious about my appearance, especially in photographs. So naturally, when I got engaged, I was more anxious than excited to shop for my wedding dress for fear that I wouldn't find something that I loved. Before I found Modern Bride, I had been... Read More to 3 or 4 dress shops and tried on probably 75 dresses. When I walked into Modern Bride, I immediately had a good feeling; the shop was big with plenty of room to browse and the selection of dresses was incredible. My mother and I were immediately met by a young lady who listened to what I was looking for and picked out a number of dresses. The dressing rooms were spacious and the attendant was very professional and helpful getting me in and out of dress after dress. After trying a few on, I was starting to get a little discouraged until the attendant brought in a dress she thought might fit the bill; I was skeptical looking at it on the hanger, but when I put it on, I knew it was the one. From that very first day and every other appointment since, the staff was great; I was able to order the dress short to avoid hemming charges, they helped me find a perfect veil, hair comb, and other accessories, and the seamstress ensured my dress fit perfect for the big day. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/26/2018 Maria P

The entire staff went above and beyond to ensure 100% satisfaction. They were both friendly and knowledgeable which helps when you’re an indecisive bride like me. I cannot say enough good things about this venue. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 1/06/2018 Jackie F

I said “yes to the dress” today here with the help of Debbie! Debbie was amazing and made me feel so comfortable and beautiful in all the gowns I tried on. The whole experience today was great!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the shop and about Debbie!! I will be... Read More going back for dresses for my bridesmaids and alterations and cannot wait!! Thank you modern bridal! Thank you Debbie!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Tallie M

Debbie is a QUEEN. She's intuitive, funny and kind and she's a great listener, which made looking at dresses so much easier for me. I can't recommend shopping here enough. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Catriona H

This is where I got my wedding dress from, and I cannot say enough good things about this place. They made me feel so special throughout the entire process, and everyone there was so helpful and nice! I didn't feel any pressure to purchase at any point, which made me feel more... Read More relaxed and more at home. They steamed my dress for free, hemmed 2 inches for free, and held my dress at the shop until 2 days before my wedding for safe-keeping. I also got my hair comb from them, as well! Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Robin P

As someone who had no idea what I wanted for my wedding dress, I tried a few different places (some high end, some low end, and some in between). Modern Bride was great for so many reasons - extremely friendly people working there, a ton of variety, and you could try on... Read More any/everything. Whether you know exactly what you want or are in the undecided camp, Modern Bride was perfect. Marin was so helpful, and made the experience really enjoyable. We were able to pull things off the racks, and Marin would help grab other dresses based on our feedback, all while being so patient and honest. All of the girls working there were really sweet, even ones I hadn't really worked with throughout the dress buying process (Jackie helped me when I went to purchase my dress, and took my measurements/was delightful). We went back a few times, and each one was consistent. You won't feel rushed or like someone is just trying to sell you a dress for commission. They also have a bunch of bridesmaids' dresses as well if your bridal party wants to try things on while they wait for you :)

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Kari H

After deciding that my original dress was just not the one for me I reached out to Modern Bride after hearing many great reviews. I went in and instantly felt confident in my decision. The store was calm and the consultant I was working with, Ashley, instantly knew the direction... Read More I wanted to go in after seeing a few inspiration photos and showed me the areas to look at. She was nonstop helpful in every aspect and I could not be happier with the dress I found. Ashley was constantly helping me and never rushed me, allowed me to try on MY dress 3 different times and even gave me her personal opinion which I really appreciated. I would recommend this store to anyone looking for a dress!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Alyson J

I cannot thank all of the ladies at Modern Bride enough for helping me find my perfect dress for my wedding at Lake Shore Village Resort in August. Every time I came into the shop, I was greeted with smiles and felt like I was top priority. I felt beautiful from the first moment... Read More I tried Geddes on and the girls made sure I knew it. And my husband Jon absolutely loved it! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Kim M

Modern Bride was my one and only stop for my wedding dress! We had other appointments but cancelled them to stay at Modern Bride. Marin was unbelievable. She listened closely to what we liked and didn't like about different dresses and ultimately brought us the dress that I... Read More bought! She was great at showing us what things could be changed (adding straps, different colors of white) and when to go hunting for a different dress. I left feeling like I got a dress and a new friend. The environment is great, everyone working there is helpful and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Tiffany W

Amazing experience, this was the first place I ever went to and they were so nice and helpful! I only had a certain amount of time to try on dresses the first time because I had another appt somewhere else. Amanda was awesome and she even said good luck even though it was... Read More somewhere else. I ended up going back there and finding my dress! She helped me pick out what I liked and if I tried something on and didn’t like it, she wouldn’t bring back another one that was like it! Highly highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Michayla L

The people at Modern Bride are rockstars. I'm very insecure about my body and was dreading the experience of dress shopping before my appointment. Elizabeth put my fears to rest. I was immediately comfortable with her as soon as I met her. She was extremely personable and so... Read More very kind throughout the process. I never once felt pressured by her or felt like I was a burden (I tried on a LOT of dresses and was super indecisive about what I was looking for) From what she chose for me to try on, it felt like she had known me and my taste for years! I found my dream dress (at an incredibly reasonable price!) and feel like I'm on cloud 9 from the experience itself. She even helped with my color schemes for bridesmaid dresses! The folks at Modern Bride truly go above and beyond. I highly recommend them-they are top notch. Thank you, Modern Bride!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Kayla B

After going to multiple bridal shops I came into Modern Bride and worked with Allison. She immediately made me feel comfortable and helped me find the most amazing wedding dress. She took all of the things i liked and didnt like and was able to find a dress that fit me... Read More perfectly. Thank you and I can't wait to wear my dress next year!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Erica H

My dress shopping experience at Modern Bride was incredible! It was day one of dress shopping for me, and I walked away from the store after purchasing the very first dress I tried on! I loved that myself and my "I Do Crew" could walk through the aisles of dress options, pulling... Read More out the ones that both I liked, and the ones my crew thought I would look nice in. And our associate, Jackie, was wonderful! She was so helpful in every way, from helping us get started to actually helping me get in and out of the dresses. After hearing my thoughts on a few of the dresses I tried on, she also pulled others to try that our group had missed. And the best part for me, Jackie didn't push me in any specific direction, which was very refreshing! She was just full of advice and positive comments! I couldn't have dreamed up a better experience! I can't wait to come back in for the next steps!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Allison G

I was really nervous going to a salon that was walk in ... I've been to 5 or so salons with appointments and dedicated assistants. I was hesitant that they would not pay me much attention because my budget is a little lower. I stopped in here, last minute, on a holiday... Read More Saturday in November with a few family members. We were met immediately by Amanda, who was so incredibly pleasant! She asked if I had an idea of a dress - I showed her a picture - she found it immediately! She knew I was indecisive and gave me a few minutes alone with my family, no pressure, and even pulled out a bunch of other dresses for me to try out. She was so kind, supportive, patient and willing to let me try dresses BACK on. I totally felt like she was my personal assistant. She even ran across the store to get extra tissues for my Mom when she started bawling her eyes out!! I can't believe I have tried on over 50 gowns, and I found THE ONE as soon as I walked in here! It was incredible. And hey, no sales tax/luxury tax in NH, SUPER BONUS

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Hailey S

Debbie was wonderful to work with. She did not stop searching until I found my perfect dress. Loved the atmosphere and the shop had many options for you to choose from. I would recommend this place to anyone who's dress shopping.