Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Meghan B

I love this store! This was the third salon I had gone to gown shopping. Modern Bride was so convenient because I did not need an appointment to try on dresses. It worried me at first because I thought I would have to wait in line for my turn to try on dresses since I didn't... Read More make an appointment, but that was not the case at all. I was immediately greeted at the door by Tayla, who was wonderful! She was so knowledgeable about the gowns that were in the store, the styles, and which designer would give me more of the look I was going for with my limited budget. I never felt pressured or rushed. I was able to stand and look the dress over in the mirror without feeling like I was wasting someone's time. Tayla filled the time that I needed to think by looking for dresses that fit my style and my budget. I was so happy with my experience here that I did end up buying my dress with Tayla. We will also be going back to talk about tux rentals and bridesmaids gowns. We are shopping for bridesmaids on a weeknight and I love the convenience of not having to make an appointment. I never know if I will get out of work when I plan to, so I won't have to worry about being late for an appointment. I'm also kind of excited that I could put my dress on at the salon and see how it looks with the bridesmaids! Thank you Tayla and Modern Bride for making it so easy for me to plan my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Scott K

Wonderful experience for my wedding dress the whole time! I had Tayla and she was absolutely perfect!!! She actually picked out my wedding dress based on what I had picked out and on the pictures that I showed. She struck that perfect balance of guiding and helping but was never... Read More too much, nowhere near pushy. Even with letting me have a little privacy while putting them on but standing right outside the curtain waiting to assist! Made it a very calm and fun experience. We had another girl helping and she was great too, all the staff were very knowledgable and so friendly to everyone. For a small shop they have a great selection.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Colleen S

My experience at Modern Bride was fantastic! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the store owner. He asked me about my wedding dress vision, then showed me the large dress selection. Right away I felt at ease. I was able to pick several dress to try on - yes, they let you... Read More peruse their collection of dresses. Everything was divided by designer and had helpful images of the dresses attached to the dress bags. My consultant Ashley was wonderful. I never felt rushed, though I tried on several dresses. Unlike other bridal salons, there were no time limits. Ashley listened to everything I loved and did not like about dresses. It was clear she listened based on the dresses she brought for me to try on. Ashley even found the dress I bought and love! It is everything I wanted, but couldn’t put into words. I was the most impressed when Ashley pulled similar dresses with the same back closure and designer to help me decide which size to order when my measurements placed me between sizes. She answered my questions honestly while remaining professional. I highly recommend Modern Bride and Ashley!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Chelsea H

I have only good things to say about Modern Bride. This was the first and only place I went to to try on dresses. My mother and I went in without an appointment and were helped immediately. I only knew I wanted lace and sleeves and picked some dresses while the consultant picked... Read More some she thought I might like. After trying on maybe 6 dresses, I felt very overwhelmed and needed to take a breather but I was never once pressured into making a decision. I ended up falling in love with a dress that was picked for me that I would have never picked out myself. The whole staff is friendly and makes you feel very comfortable.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Caralyn C

Have had the best experience thus far working with the team at Modern Bride. On my first visit with my mom and sister we were greeted and helped by Marin. She was amazing, patient, and extremely helpful offering great insight into each dress that I tried on and was knowledgeable... Read More about each question I had pertaining to the dress. I went back today to purchase THE dress and was helped by Amanda who was equally helpful. She finished up the process by helping me get into the dress one last time so I could show my grandmother, and was great with explaining how the ordering process would work. I highly recommend Modern Bride and their expert team of warm and friendly gals to any soon-to-be bridal party!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Erin P

Working with Modern Bride was a great experience. Their store was always very clean and well lighted, a truly great environment for trying on wedding dresses. The girls and owners were also so helpful and patient each time I went in, whether it was my first couple visits trying... Read More on numerous dresses or when we spent all afternoon there with some of my bridesmaids trying on dresses- they were always so attentive. Our dresses came in on time and they kept me updated along the way. On the day of my wedding, my dress fit great and looked amazing! I would highly recommend them to my friends and family.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kelley D

Best wedding attire shop around! We ordered my wedding dress, the wedding party suits, bridesmaids dresses and mother of the bride dress from Modern Bride. They made every visit seamless and pleasant. Being a bride can be stressful and Modern Bride made me feel at ease.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 leslie n

I went to Modern Bride 10/8/16. With My bridal party and Me to look for a wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. We walked in Elizabeth greet us and help me and my party. She was the best went above and beyond for us. She help me pick wedding dresses. I found my wedding dress at... Read More there shop. She work with me She was not push and they do not work on commission . I fell in the love with the first dress and believe it or not it was Elizabeth pick for me. She was great she listen to you and writers down the bridesmaid dresses I liked . I would tell everyone to go here for you're dresses and ask for Elizabeth. You can't go wrong with them. Best place ever and I hate shopping and they made it a fun day for me and my party.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Elizabeth V

I purchased my wedding gown and veil at modern bride. I also found my bridesmaids dresses there. I was overwhelmed by the amazing treatment I received. The girls were always helpful but Tayla was amazing and always brightened my day. It took me a couple of trips there to find... Read More what I wanted and I tried on probably close to 30 dresses before I found the one but they were always understanding and helpful. I finally tried one out of my comfort zone and it was the one!! I just brought it to be preserved as after the work to find it and the meaning attached I wanted to keep it. They even helped me to do that and I'll be forever grateful that you helped me with our special day! ~The new Mrs Ngo

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lindsay V

Modern bride was the first store I went to try on wedding gowns. I had the most wonderful experience. All the ladies who worked there was very sweet, and very helpful.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Meghan H

I'm so thrilled I went to Modern Bride and found the dress of my dreams! We were immediately greeted by Elizabeth when we stepped through the door and from that moment on she was right there to help me find the perfect dress! Elizabeth was absolutely wonderful and a pleasure to... Read More work with! She was incredibly patient and encouraged me to try on as many styles as I wanted so I could see what I liked best. It really says something when the person working with you is just as excited as you are, and Elizabeth was just that! Modern Bride has a huge selection of dress styles and designers, and all of them were stunning! We never felt rushed and had an amazing experience that I will never forget. Days after I said yes to the dress, I got a hand written card in the mail from Elizabeth wishing me the best of luck on the rest of planning and preparations for the big day. Modern Bride went above and beyond for me and I will be recommending them in a heartbeat to all my bride-to-be friends!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Courtney J

They don't even deserve the one star! This is the worst place I have ever shopped. I went for my wedding dress and they fit me wrong with a dress two sizes too big. Then the first seamstress didn't even know how to fix the dress then the one they call the "head seamstress"... Read More altered my dress and messed it all up. The top was still two sizes too big and they shorted my dress and blamed it on me! I went in for 4 fittings and they just continued to blame me for there mistakes. I was told I was a lair and that I had a roll in my stomach I don't have. And then the head seamstress laughed in my face and was extremely rude. She didn't once try to fix her mistakes and the manger even was rude to my mother. And the best part was we were told to never come back after they wouldn't give me my money back and it's only 10 days till my wedding. I will be telling everyone to never shop at this horrible store. They are the nastiest people I have ever met. If you want a good dress and nice people go anywhere else! I went to Davids Bridal and they put me in a dress that fit right off the rack two sizes small then this terrible store!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Giselle T

I went here on my first day of dress shopping and they were excellent. They were all helpful and friendly right away but my consultant Courtney was the best. She let me and the bridal party look around first but her picks based on just a few descriptions of what I like and don't... Read More like were better than any we picked out. I didn't end up getting a dress yet just because of my indecisiveness but I would recommend and may go back to this place for sure. Great selection, reasonable price, wonderful staff.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Heather R

This shop is truly amazing! It was the first shop I stopped at to look for my wedding dress. It only took 2 tries to find my perfect dress! Their clearance rack is amazing. Perfect dresses for a reasonable price! The workers were so easy to communicate with. They were so nice... Read More and helpful whenever I walked in the door. My husband got his suit along with our father's and groomsmen. Once again, everything went flawlessly. The manager is so genuine and kind. Whenever we came in he remembered who we were! I recommend Modern Bride to every Bride looking for the perfect dress.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Sarah W

I came here after having major dress regret from another salon that I wont name, but it's a pretty popular, well known bridal salon on the seacoast. That salon laid on the pressure and sales tactics and I completely caved. After trying to love the dress and stressing out over it... Read More for months -- I ultimately decided to sell that dress. That left me with 6 months to my wedding to find a new gown! I had Tayla as a consultant at Modern Bride and it was a great experience. The appointment was amazing, she was amazing, and everyone we worked with was amazing. I didn't have to make an appointment for a Saturday -- and unlike other salons that only give you one hour, I was able to hang around for 3 hours before deciding on the dress. I definitely needed that time to give me the peace of mind that I was making the right decision. Tayla actually ended up being the one who pulled the dress I bought, and there was absolutely ZERO pressure from the consultant or any of the people in the shop. I left feeling relieved and excited, unlike my other appointment, where I had almost immediate regret. They have a massive selection of dresses, and actually let you browse around to look at them, but they'll also pull dresses for you as you figure out what you like. I'm so grateful to Tayla and everyone who helped me find my dress and now I'm beyond excited for my wedding! And seriously -- thank you to everyone there for tolerating my 3 hour long "appointment". That extra time made all the difference in the world! All fittings and followups were awesome too, they didn't rush me and they listened to my concerns and nitpicking and I never felt like I was putting them out (even though I probably was :) )

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Caitlyn G

This place is great for wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and mother of the bride dresses, but is terrible for tuxes! I got my wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses here and my mom got her dress and everything went smoothly. All the staff were very helpful and friendly,... Read More alterations went smoothly and my dress was beautiful. However, they messed up and didn't order a tux for one of the groomsmen and left my husband scrambling on the day of the wedding. Since they didn't have much in stock the groomsmen was going to have to wear a bow tie while the rest of the wedding party had ties. My husband ended up going to a store and buying a matching tie for this groomsmen on the day of the wedding. I had such an excellent experience buying my dress here, and I definitely don't regret it, but I do regret ordering the tuxes from here.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Cory B

Had an excellent bridal appointment with Tayla. She was great at recommending styles and fabric and guiding me to dresses that were exactly my style. Very fun appointment and she had great energy! Our group tried on both bridal and bridesmaid dresses.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Brigid M

My mom and I just got back from Modern Bride for my first ever experience with trying on a wedding dress. We were immediately greeted by Tayla. Who turned out to be beyond wonderful. She also had an consultant in training (whom I don't remember her name) but she also did a... Read More fabulous job and was willing to help. I thought I would be completely overwhelmed with choices and decisions but Tayla really kept me at ease. She was so comforting and down to earth. She had great suggestions and also really listened to my likes and dislikes. I couldn't have asked for a better first experience. We narrowed it down to a couple dresses but there was one that really stood out to me. Tayla gave me all the info that I would need and was never pushy to make the sale. The finishing moment she gave me a heartfelt hug which really meant so much to me. She even told me about the Maggie Sorreto trunk show that would be coming up soon and how I could save some money on accessories. I just want to thank Tayla and modern bride for making me feel so welcomed and comfortable I truly walked in today feeling nervous and that immediately went away.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Amanda C

I had a great experience at this shop! My consultant Ashley was amazing and came out with great dress choices once she found out what I liked the most about each dress I tried on! By the end she knew the combinations of things I liked and found a perfect dress that I and my... Read More mom, mother-in-law, and sister absolutely love!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Erin G

I just want to thank Ashley at Modern Bride. From the second I walked through the door until the end of my visit, Ashley catered to me. She was so knowledgeable and helpful the whole time and extremely sweet and pleasant to be around. I highly recommend this bridal shop for all... Read More brides (and bridesmaids) and I am so happy to be a part of the Modern Bride family!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Amanda M

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Modern bride! Ashley who worked with me was awesome!! She let us have time to pick out some dresses and answered every question I had. She helped narrow down the dress choices and also suggested some dresses she thought I would love.... Read More All of the other girls in the store were amazing as well! They offered feedback on every dress and got just as excited as I did when I said yes! I would highly recommend checking the place out. Thank you girls for such a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Danni D

I didn't end up buying my dress here BUT I had such a good experience that I had to write a review. I had my eye on a dress in another store, but it was the only store I had been to and I felt uncomfortable purchasing without looking at at least one other place, so on a whim... Read More without an appointment I went to Modern Bride. I was worried because it was a Saturday, but I was seen right away by a consultant who was wonderful. I explained my situation and despite her knowing that I was really interested in another dress elsewhere, she still gave me her undivided attention. She walked me through the racks, explained the set up and gave me and my small entourage a chance to look around and pull things I liked. Then she came back and showed me some of her own suggestions, which were spot on what I was looking for. The dressing room she took us to was HUGE. It fit several ballgowns as well as me, the consultant, and one of my bridesmaids. The consultant was super helpful and efficient, and I loved trying on gowns here. There are even pedestals for you to stand up on to model your dress. I actually found quite a few dresses I liked, although in the end they didn't beat the one I had seen previously. But there were a lot of different styles to choose from, and I was really impressed with the range of prices. My budget was not large but I still had a lot of options, and not just on the clearance rack! After we finished with myself, we also browsed the bridesmaid dress racks and found a lot of options. We haven't decided on one yet, but there is a good chance I will be getting my bridesmaid dresses here. I cannot say enough good things about the customer service I received here. Despite ultimately deciding on a dress from another store, this was exactly the shopping experience I was hoping for.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Katrina H

I was super excited when I went to Modern Bride & Formal Shop. The place is beautiful and very well organized, and has so many dresses to choose from. I loved the dressing area, because it includes little stages for you to step up on to see yourself in your dress. Also, what... Read More made my experience very relaxing was having one of the employees, Debbie, helping me out. She helped me get into all the different dresses I wanted to try on, and even grabbed some extra that she thought I might like. She was super helpful and even ended up finding me the dress I ended up buying!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Cecily D

Found my dream dress here this weekend and tayla my consultant was amazing! She was very welcoming from the beginning and showed myself and my party the layout of the store and let us go to town! After picking a few she also pulled what she thought I would like and she was right... Read More on the money! I especially like how non-pushy she was and how easy the whole process was from beginning to end. She was there when I asked but also wasn't over bearing if I said I was all set to do it myself which I greatly appreciate as an independent person. She even added accessories to help visualize the end result! I can't say enough good things about tayla and modern bride and I look forward to fittings in the future!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Jess S

I had a wonderful experience at Modern Bride. Right when we walked, Debbie greeted us and offered to help find some dresses to pull. I showed her several pictures of the styles I liked and we had five dresses pulled in a matter of minutes. Debbie helped me get into every dress... Read More and even went back to pull more after I had tried on a few and told her what I liked or didn't like. She saved the best for last in the second batch of dresses; I ended up purchasing that last gown and couldn't be happier with my choice! I found the staff at Modern Bride to be friendly, knowledgable, and professional & I would highly recommend this place to any bride-to-be.

Start a Conversation!