Monarch Cove Inn

Capitola, CA

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

620 El Salto Drive, Capitola, CA (831) 464-1295

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Karen S

Great place for a wedding, we had great weather too and the cliff with the water behind it sure made you think everyone was in Greece. The staff, Jacqueline and Mary , plus Kristy Harris as coordinator were all on the ball and so fantastic. The Inn needs to be rented out fully... Read More by the wedding party, but that was great for us and all our guests loved the quaint feel. They helped us find great vendors too

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

Had the reception of our dreams at Monarch Cove. I was so hoping the weather would display its best and show our guests why we had fallen in love the place, and it didn't disappoint. The setting is beautiful, with tasteful gardening and the bay as a superb backdrop. They are... Read More well accustomed to the caterers coming through and all went smoothly, including their much appreciated recommendation of Fivestar Catering. Though there aren't many rooms for accommodation, the size gave everything an intimate atmosphere, and guests also didn't have much trouble finding other accommodation once the rooms were let. Friendly staff and the perfect venue for an intimate, beautiful wedding.

Beautiful Private Inn

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Arlyle S

Gorgeous views, all rooms are different, and a perfect hideaway for a small honeymoon. The staff was so friendly and gave everything a personal touch. They also do weddings, so check them out!

Most spectular wedding venue ever!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Alison M

We got married here in May and 5 months later our guests are still commenting on how spectular the views were and how beautiul the venue was. From the moment we first went to look at the Monarch Cove Inn, we knew that was where we wanted to have our wedding. The parts of having... Read More a wedding here that I wasnt thrilled about originally turned out to be great, like having an afternoon wedding and the off-site parking mainly. The rooms are all beautiful and the gardens were kept up perfectly. Having had the 2nd wedding of the season this year, we didnt have an issue with the canopy being dirty and all the railings and such had just been repainted. My only complaint was that there were two women walking around our reception with decipal (sp?) meters, telling the DJ to turn it down. It was a Saturday afternoon wedding which was completely over by 6pm. There should be no reason to be monitoring the noise level that closely. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better place to get married. And the weather was just perfect too!!

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Ximena G

We loved the Monarch Cove Inn as soon as we stepped foot on the grounds. The view is amazing and it was exactly what we wanted for our special day. What we loved the most was the idea of having a little retreat weekend instead of just a five-hour party. The drawback was the... Read More price, it is a little on the high side, but if you factor in that you supply your own alcohol, it may be better than the traditional per drink charge. We rented the entire venue, 14 rooms in all for the two nights required, Friday and Saturday. We held the rehearsal dinner there as well as a brunch on Sunday morning. The breakfast is traditional continental breakfast with yogurt and served in the rooms. On Sunday we did a big farewell breakfast on the deck and everyone loved it. Jacqueline and the rest of the staff were courteous and helpful. The rooms were all clean but some are a bit odd, so look at all rooms before assigning them out to your guests. ONLY CON: Prior to signing the contract, we addressed a few issues we had with the owner Lonna. The deck, gate and other areas needed painting and cleaning. The tent needed to be cleaned and there was a lot of random stuff out in the parking area (like an old boat, RV and kids toys). Lonna assured us everything gets cleaned up and the fence and deck would be painted before the next wedding season began. We signed the contract and were very excited to start planning. When I revisited the venue a month before my wedding, in July, I was very sad to see that none of those things had been done and that the tent was actually in worse condition. I reached out to Aimee and in turn she contacted Lonna. Within a couple of weeks I heard the tent and gate would be cleaned and painted, I don’t think the deck was and there was still a lot of randomness in the parking area. I did not like that Lonna didn’t address my concerns personally, as an owner, and the person that assured us this would be done, I assumed she would contact me about this, but we never heard from her. Overall, I would recommend!

Amazing Location

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Kelley C

The Monarch Cove Inn was absolutely beautiful. It's the hidden gem of the city. It's 3 1/2 acres and the place is all yours for the wedding. All greenery and panoramic ocean view. Completely amazing!