Wedding Photography for the Elegant Bride

Montclair Studio captures every moment with passion. From the giggles of the flower girls, to the loving tears of the parents, let us capture your wedding moments, into memories that will last a life time. Our images are vivid, modern and elegant ; captured in the most unobtrusive way possible.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Wedding

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100

547 Valley Rd. , Montclair, NJ New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania areas (973) 233-1222

Great Find!!

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Jackie V

I have to thank my best friend for finding this photographer! Michael can turn the ordinary into beautiful photography. He is also a lot of fun to work with! I can't wait to see the proofs! :)

AMAZING !!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2013 Marcella P

Wedding photography can be a very personal thing. Many may possess technical shooting skills but one can only hope to find a wedding photographer to deliver that special something on your big day. We found that something special in Michael from Montclair Studios. Michael... Read More provides quick clear directions, he stays calm and cool in the middle of chaos. He is very creative and his style is very elegant. He is a true professional and delivered our pictures in TWO weeks. I would recommend Montclair Studios to everyone.

Amazing experience ... We are in love with our pictures!

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 Kelly M

We love our photos! The entire process with Montclair Studio was super easy from the get go. Always on time, and fast on replying our millions of questions and emails, not to mention super fast in getting our photos after the wedding! We are currently working on our album... Read More designs with them and are very impressed already about how flexible they are with the layouts. My wife is very particular about how our wedding album looks as she's a graphic designer and Michael is definitely working with her to create some fantastic images. We will definitely be recommending Montclair Studio to our friends and family!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Kristen P

My husband and I got married a month ago, and cannot say enough amazing things about Montclair Studio! From booking and consultations, to the actual day of the wedding, Michael, Monica and Tom were absolutely fantastic! They were VERY fun to work with and they worked with all... Read More of my crazy ideas! The team went above and beyond to make my day so special! Thank you so much for all your hard work, I simply cannot wait to see the final product!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Kaitlyn G

Not enough stars to give. I had researched a ton of photographers before narrowing it down and making appointments with a few studios. After my meeting at Montclair studios I was sold. Extremely genuine, professional, and from the looks of the photos, extremely talented.... Read More Photography can range drastically but Montclair studio was beyond reasonable. I just received my wedding photos back from my summer outdoor venue wedding and I am in LOVE with all of them. Not only did Michael capture every aspect of the day in the 10 hours he was there but each photo is more beautiful than the next. He was never intrusive and it was like they weren't even there during the ceremony/reception, etc. He is so talented and made the photos look so natural. I prefer much more candid, artistic photos and that is exactly what I got. Thank you for capturing the beautiful day I had from start to end so I can relive it over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Nicole M

I had Montclair Studio Photograph and Video my wedding. My husband and I even added on the photo booth option to the package. When I first contacted the studio my first question was if they had ever worked with my venue and their answer was yes. They were able to show me a few... Read More (and I mean A FEW) photos that were taken, unfortunately not ever couple will release their photos for sharing. Well the day of my wedding I hear the photographer and videographer say that they had never been to my venue....This worried me but I thought, hey they are professionals. They do this all the time and I am sure they have done their research on the venue. Well I was wrong. I will say now that my photos came out ok. Nothing completely amazing that I had never seen before but I expected more. Way more. After hearing that none had even seen my venue my next impression was of the photographer not having a timeline planned out. I had informed the studio that I did want to photograph a first look with my husband. This was not done. They left me and my family waiting in a room while they had my husband outside and waiting for me. Nothing was ever mentioned to me and after about 20 min this made the ceremony start late. This then caused for the photographer and the maitre'd to argue.... After my ceremony the first words spoken to me were "WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM!" by my photographer. Apparently neither her or the videographer were set up at the start of the ceremony so not only were my husband and his groomsman entrance not photographed or filmed but neither was mine as I walked down the aisle. This in my opinion is completely unprofessional especially when the blame was being pointed in every different direction. In addition to this neither my husband or the officiant were mic'ed and half way through my ceremony the videographer informed someone in my wedding party to put a mic on my husband. This was not our responsibility and should have been taken care of before the ceremony started. When I finally received the video of my ceremony you can't hear anyone speaking, but I can hear the videographer sniffling and/or clearing his throat. Finally you wouldn't think there was a way to mess up a photo booth, but we were receiving a copy of all photos that were taken from our wedding by or guests. 90% of these photos were just thrown in the book. Not glued down to a page, no effort to possibly have guests write my their photos. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in this company! If there was a way to get my money back believe me I would. I am only happy that I didn't order my wedding albums from them because to get uncharged on an album would have been the icing on the cake.

2017-10-17T10:06:46 Response from the vendor

​We are very sorry that you feel that way about your Wedding Day. I can guaranty you that our team did their best, so you could have your Wedding captured in the special way it happened. Our company is familiar with the David's Country Inn.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Noelle A

The Montclair Studio team was amazing! It was important for us for our special day to be timelessly captured and they did just that while also being such a pleasure to work with. They made it so easy for us to feel comfortable in front of the camera. We were also floored by how... Read More beautifully done our same day edit turned out at the end of the night and our guests absolutely loved it too. Special thanks to Mike, Monica, Brandon, Katter & Fanuel for being there on our special day. We can't wait to see the pictures in a few weeks! :) Noelle & Mark

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Justine H

I absolutely LOVE Montclair Studios!!! The owner Michael is so nice and laid-back. He did our engagement photos and he made us feel so comfortable and made it fun! The day of the wedding photographers Monica and Shan spent the day with us. They were AMAZING!!! We had so much... Read More fun with them we felt like they were our friends at the wedding. We made them take a selfie with us at the end of the night. When we got our pictures back I was blown away!!! We got 1600 pictures and every one is better than the next. They are so beautiful it is so hard to choose for the album. They took such a variety of pictures too. And at the same time we never felt like we were taking a ton of pictures. I would absolutely hire them again!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Monica M

Simply amazing video ! Fanuel was great to work with and brought all the right toys to make our video spectacular . We were blown away about our drone shots and cannot wait to see the full film

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Melissa S

We used Montclair Studio for photos, video and a photo booth. They were super professional and very easy to work. They were great at making us feel comfortable during posed pictures and captured great candid moments throughout the night as well. We added on the photo booth to... Read More our package at the last minute and (of course) everyone loved it.

2017-09-22T08:39:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review Amy :) It was a pleasure for us to work with you for your wedding day .

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Lacey B

I can't say enough amazing things about Montclair Studio! I've always seen their gorgeous photos online and just knew we had to book them for our wedding day - and they are extremely affordable! Michael and his team are so friendly, nice and willingly to work with you anyway you... Read More want! Our engagement photos came out beautiful and I know our wedding photos will too! Michael was on time the day of our wedding, knew what photos to take while I was still getting ready and kept our bridal party moving right along all night! We had so much fun with Michael - he's so funny and takes any photo you ask him to. My husband & I highly recommend Montclair - in fact, two couples we're friends with booked with them! Such a pleasure to work with, thank you!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Robert G

We are so glad we chose Montclair Studios for our wedding photos. They were very easy to work with, and were committed to capturing our wedding the way we wanted. Michael and his staff are very professional and we couldn't be more satisfied with the way everything worked out.... Read More We did our engagement photos with them as well and those also turned out amazing. The photo booth was a cool touch and our guests loved it! We highly recommend booking Montclair!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Kate C

My husband and I got married Saturday, May 20, 2017 at the Pleasantdale Chateau in West Orange, NJ. Michael Gogean and his team were absolutely fantastic in every way!! When it comes to selecting wedding photographers and videographers, you must remember….you will be spending a... Read More lot of time with these folks on the day of your wedding. They will be capturing intimate moments and will be there for all the behind-the-scenes and center stage moments. There is a ton going on, many special moments to capture, and time is of the essence. Michael and team provided helpful guidance and instructions while capturing images throughout the day and night while also…at the same time keeping my husband and I at ease throughout the entire day. They are professional, polite, and even provided comedic relief as needed to keep us smiling and comfortable throughout our wedding day. All the said, MOST IMPORTANTLY they delivered unbelievably stunning images of every moment of the wedding and hi-quality perfectly edited and beautiful video as well. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Maria A

The whole team is amazing. We worked with Montclair Studio this last Saturday and we were amazed . Easy going and fun... Definitely not your old school type of pics. Cant wait to see my images!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Barbara V

We just got married this week and Mike and his team were simply great! They made us feel relaxed and enjoying our day. We are not picture people but from the previews we love what we see!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Amber V

We used Montclair Studios for our wedding day on 2/17/17. Michael and his staff were so easy to work with and my bridal party loved their professional, but laid back approach. We felt like the staff let us enjoy our wedding, while still capturing some amazing shots! If you... Read More are looking for a good photographer/ videographer look no further, Montclair Studios is the best pick!!!!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Megan M

We could not have asked for a better experience with Montclair Studios. We used them for both our engagement photos and our wedding day photos. The first time we became aware of them was at my husband’s friends’ wedding at which he was part of the wedding party and therefore got... Read More to experience much of their wedding day photo shoot. They had made a great first impression on him. So when it came time for us to choose a photographer, Montclair was the first company we thought of. I appreciated the fact that they wanted to meet with us once before the engagement shoot. Michael really took the time to get to know us, our relationship, and our photo preferences (though we didn’t have many at the time). He was great at suggesting locations for the engagement session too. During the photo shoot, he gave us directions and was patient with our little bit of awkwardness. Michael actually made it fun for us. The day of the wedding, Bogdan was a wonderful photographer who knew just what pre-wedding prep pictures to take without being too much in the way (which I feel is important as a bride). He also worked well alongside our videographer. Most importantly he also was flexible when we had specific photos we wanted him to take on the spot. After the wedding the studio made it easy for us to select our favorite pictures and send it to them online once we received the flash drive. Michael did wonderful work on putting together the album and then allowed us to have our own input during one last meeting. We really felt like our desires were met and in the end our expectations were more than exceeded. We would recommend Montclair Studios to anyone looking for a wonderful wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 Anna S

Montclair studios was such a good find! Michael and Monica are such amazing photographers, they both made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera without ever looking cheesy! Our photos came out beautiful and are such a great reminder of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Kimberly B

I feel like saying Michael and his time were amazing, creative, professional and captured our day perfectly, isn't quite good enough. When my husband and I started planning our wedding we knew that photography and videography were the most important things to us. Well we made... Read More the best decision going with Montclair Studio. Th professionalism and patience that these gentlemen had is like no other. They were so creative and inventive and our pictures certainly show that! They are the best of the best and if you want amazing top of the line pictures you have to book Michael and his team!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Andreia D

My experience was great! They are patient and flexible which is most important on your weeding day. I haven't seen the pictures of our wedding yet but I have seen their work and know they are amazing. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Stephanie M

Monica was absolutely amazing before, during, and after our big wedding day! Very easy to work with. Responsive and professional. Very flexible. Fun personality. Very good eye (most importantly of course). The list can go on and on. Aside from her art, we must say that her... Read More involvement in preparation for the wedding was the most impressive (the meetings on skype, planning the timeline, etc...). It helped us more than we could have hoped. The whole day revolves around the pictures! Not a single ounce of regret choosing her as our photographer. We easily made the right choice :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ulysses M

was amazing! We worked with him for our engagement photos. He takes simply gorgeous photos and was very professional and easy to work with. He was responsive to e-mails and had great suggestions of places to shoot. The pictures came out great and he has a great eye for photo... Read More poses and angles.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 John H

We have used Montclair Studios for both my daughters weddings. I can't say enough to express the excellent service and professionalism. Everything turned out beautiful and I could not be more pleased. Shan is very accommodating and easy to work with. I asked for the same... Read More photographer that I used two years ago and was able to use them. The fact that all of them are still there says something about how well the company is run. The photographs and video are amazing. I received so many compliments from all my guests both times I used Montclair Studios. This is the best company and staff in NJ and I highly recommend using their services.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Scully O

We used Montclair Studio for both photo and video and we could not be any happier with the result. Thank you so much !

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Michelle O

Best studio in NJ

Michael

Michael has been a photographer for almost 10 years now. Since starting Montclair Studio, he has focused on quality throughout all the services and products his company offers. With a personal touch and a lot of laugh, he brings high end photography and cinematography to the bride and grooms in the Northern Jersey area. Together with his team, they look forward to create images that simply WOW the clients.