A Private Country Estate

The Monte Verde Inn is a private boutique wedding venue, surrounded by over six acres of manicured gardens, lawns and forest. We provide a unique combination of individual attention and "the perfect package" of services with on-site catering, floral design, wedding coordination - LGBT Friendly

Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Mountain, Vineyard

18841 Foresthill Rd, Foresthill, CA (530) 888-8123
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Nanette F

I can't say enough great things about MVI. From start to finish, they gave us the wedding we never knew we dreamed of. Everything was seamless, straightforward, so accommodating. The food was incredible, everyone raved about it. The bartenders were so friendly, and all the... Read More final touches were set exactly as we wanted. My food allergies were dealt with so well, and each little ask made to seem as though it was nothing. Kelsey and the entire staff thought of everything. Most of the time we never knew they were there, but the moment we needed anything before we could even ask they were on hand and taking care of us. The venue is beautiful, elegant, and can truly fit any theme you want. If we could do it all over again we would in a heartbeat, and we can't thank them enough. Thank you to Kelsey and the entire MVI team giving us such wonderful memories to look back on.

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Allison H

Monte Verde Inn was the PERFECT place for our wedding in June of 2017! It was the second venue we toured and we knew within minutes that this was exactly what we wanted. The grounds and inn are beautiful and the staff is fantastic. While the pricing might initially seem a... Read More little high, it's important to realize that it includes the venue, food, nonalcoholic drinks, decor, decor flowers, high quality staff and service, and, of course, the amazing Lexi. It is well worth it. During our planning period, Lexi took over as our coordinator and blew us away with all that she did for us. Lexi quickly assured us that we were in good hands. Lexi followed through above and beyond with all of our dreams for our wedding. Even the day of, while she was ensuring everything was perfect, she was still attentive to my husband and I. Everything at our wedding was exactly how we imagined it; we would not change a thing! We received so many compliments from family and friends, stating that our wedding was one of the best and most beautiful weddings that had ever attended. I know that without the help of Lexi and all the staff at Monte Verde Inn, we would not have been able to have the day of our dreams. Thank you so much Monte Verde Inn for a truly memorable and perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Leslie H

We can not possibly say enough praises for this place. It is a beautiful old home, the grounds are gorgeous, and Tina is so organized and conscientious (and such a sweet person). Tina kept everything on track without being obtrusive or rude to anyone. The food was wonderful and... Read More the overnight accommodations made for one less thing to worry about that evening.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Allison M

We do not have enough good things to say about our experience planning and implementing our August 2016 wedding with the Monte Verde Inn in Foresthill, California. To be honest, our decision to even tour MVI stemmed mostly from seeing their delicious menu options on their... Read More website. Our tour was the Monday before Christmas and Tina, the lead wedding coordinator and really the face of the Monte Verde Inn, greeted us outside in the pouring, freezing rain. Even in the storm you could feel Tina’s warmth, and we couldn’t help but fall in love with the venue. It’s so beautiful and has a little bit of something for everyone, including the Inn itself, the garden, vineyard, fountain, and red barn. From the moment we decided to sign the contract until our departure the morning after the wedding, everything was smooth and easy. We never second guessed our decision to have our wedding there, even when we learned that the business had been sold to another owner shortly after we booked with them. You couldn’t tell the difference. Tina always communicated clearly and patiently, and the vendors they contract with are top notch. And even though Tina was too sick to work on our actual wedding day, we completely trusted the staff – especially Tina’s assistant, Lexi – to make sure the day was amazing. The Open House was a good thing to attend before our planning appointment because it really helped us narrow down our food choices (there are so many). Needless to say, it really paid off on the wedding day: so many of our guests stated that their meal (spring greens with raspberry vinaigrette, prime rib, stuffed chicken, asparagus with pancetta, fingerling potatoes, and mushroom risotto) was the best wedding meal they ever had – and it was served buffet style! Part of booking with MVI means that your linens, utensils, chairs and tables, wedding cake and decorative floral (except the arch and personal flowers) is included with your main package. This means you have fewer vendors to seek out independently, which is awesome and reduces the planning stress big time! Cathy with Gimmie Cake Too (cake baker) did such a great job. We enjoyed our cake tasting and trusted her explicitly, and the staff at MVI said they had never seen cake disappear so quickly! Martha with Blooms by Martha (decorative floral) really listened to our vision and brought it to life. Our friends couldn’t stop taking pictures of the floral arrangements! We also used MVI’s preferred DJ, Joe Kalamaras (SJ’s DJ) and boy, was that a smart choice! We LOVE Joe. We also chose one of MVI’s recommended photographers, Jessica Roman (Jessica Roman Photography), and that beautiful and wonderful woman became this bride’s saving grace. Talk about a wedding dream team!!! We strongly recommend Monte Verde Inn as your Gold Country wedding venue, especially if you are a couple wanting your special day to be beautiful, stress free, and memorable. We wish we could get married there every weekend!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Katie R

Tina and the team at the Monte Verde Inn were such a help to us in preparing for our wedding day. We live in Los Angeles, so planning a wedding from afar was a bit of a challenge - it was important to us to find a venue that was all-inclusive so we could cut down on coordination... Read More with numerous service providers. Tina helped us coordinate music, provided all of the food (which was so good, by the way!), handled the open bar, received and put up all of our decorations for us, and did all set up/take down for the event. On top of everything, the Inn is unbelievably beautiful. I work in historic preservation and my (now-husband) works with plants, so we wanted a historic building located in a forest-like setting.. and we found EXACTLY that in the Inn! The location is unbelievably stunning and the setting is beautiful. We were up in the air about having our reception indoors or out (because they can do either) but we got hit with a hailstorm on the day-of and the weather gods chose for us. (that's the price we pay trying to beat the wedding rush by getting married in mid-April.) Tina and her team were so accommodating. They provided umbrellas, set up chairs just for our elderly guests outdoors for the ceremony right before so they wouldn't be wet, and moved everything inside last-minute. We are so lucky that we found the Monte Verde Inn! I cannot recommend them enough. They are absolute pros and can handle ANYTHING!

A magical place!

Reviewed on 1/09/2015 Nicole T

The Monte Verde Inn was the first and only venue that my now-husband and I looked at. We had found it online and seen all sorts of photos and as soon as we saw it in person we knew we didn't need to look anywhere else. My coworker had also gotten married there and spoke very... Read More highly of her experience. It is an absolutely beautiful place. The big beautiful redwood trees to provide a canopy over the outdoor ceremony site/dancefloor had me swooning. There are so many different background options for photos too. From the vineyard, to the beautiful old inn, to the fountain, to the tree lined path, and so many more. Kelly and her team at the MVI are so wonderful to work with. She is an absolute professional and I felt completely comfortable in her hands. She is quick to respond to emails and happily answered any and all questions I had. Working within our somewhat modest budget was never an issue either. She takes away the need for a wedding planner, especially a day-of-coordinator - which is a huge cost-saver and stress reliever. Everything that is included in the cost - dinner, cake, drinks, chairs and tables, table linens, most of the flowers, etc. make it a great value. It may sound more expensive, initially, but when you add up the cost of getting all of those things from individual vendors (especially unforeseen costs like cake serving or having a plated dinner vs buffet), you realize you are saving a lot of money, and a lot of hassle! Which is exactly what I wanted, so that I could stay as stress-free as possible! The day of the wedding couldn't have run more smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a thing! And someone from her team was always there to make sure I had anything I needed, from a sip of water, to a glass of champagne :) And the food! Kelly's husband, Doug, is a professional chef and cooks the best wedding food you will ever taste! We received so many compliments on what a beautiful, magical, wonderful wedding it was and we couldn't agree more!

It Rained! But Kelly saved the day!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014

Of course it would rain on my wedding day! :) Only making our knot tighter! Working with Kelly at Monte Verde Inn was easy and fun! She actually spoke to you like a normal person and didnt sugar coat anything! As the bride everyone is afraid to tell you "No" or give you any... Read More bad news but Kelly gave it to me straight. The day before my wedding she was watching the weather, she pulled me and my new husband aside and gave us the plan B. We had planned for an outside ceremony and reception but that wasnt looking like it was going to happen. She knew how bad we wanted to get married outside under her beautiful arbor and great big redwood trees that she held out hope and still set up for an outside ceremony. We knew an outside reception was out of the picture due to the rain that was forecast-ed. Luckily the rain stopped for the ceremony and we even got some sun that peaked out. It lasted until the dinner was served so thank you weather and thank you Kelly and the Monte Verde Inn team for making everything go smoothly. Now we planned for an outside reception but let me tell you that reception inside was amazing! We were all warm and the inn was set up beautifully! All the flowers from the ceremony outside were brought in and filled the Inn with color and life. The lighten was romantic and Kelly and her team set up the tables perfectly. I love this venue and the Monte Verde Inn Team. The bar tenders were a crack up and all the guests liked talking to them. Rain or Shine this is the most beautiful venue!!! Thanks again Monte Verde Inn!! Especially Kelly and Lindsay!

magical venue Sacramento area

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Joslande G

As soon as my now husband popped the question we started looking for venues as we knew the great ones would go by fast. We made an appointment with Kelly and booked the same day. Monte Verde was everything we were looking for, beautiful vineyard, garden, natural pavillon. It... Read More was perfect. I knew when planning my wedding I did not want to be a stressed bride. We loved that Monte Verde inn was inclusive - cake, food, linens, drinks, wedding coordination all included. Trust me that takes a lot of the stress out. What's nice about this inclusive venue is that you do not get a cookie cutter wedding. Everything is individualized. You get to choose everything about your day. Kelly and Lindsay are here to help you a long the way. We have no regrets choosing this venue. The venue itself is beautiful - perfect for pictures. And also Kelly bakes the cake. My husband is lactose and gluten intolerant and she made two different cakes so that he could have his own cake. Both were out of this world! Mike could not stop eating it after the cake cutting. Kelly and Her crew are amazing. Words cannot express my gratitude to Monte Verde Inn. They really delivered the storybook wedding we envisioned.

LGBTQ friendly

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Heather J

My wife and I chose to be married at The Monte Verde Inn, in large part, because they are extremely LGBTQ friendly! What we were hoping for was an affirmative marriage equality wedding venue where we could start our new life together as wife and wife with our family and friends... Read More in attendance. What we got was so much more and beyond our expectations. Choosing the Monte Verde Inn is among the top best decisions we have ever made and were married there in May of 2014. We knew, from the moment we met with Kelly, that we were truly working with the best of the best. Our guests continue to remark on the perfection of our special day, from the gorgeous design of the venue itself, the stunning mountain greenery that surrounds the estate, the detail on each table, the work of art in the cake and the superb, five stars worthy cuisine prepared by the incredibly gifted chef, Douglas Dalisa. You will not experience such exquisite food at any other wedding venue in our experience. Each of these could easily stand on their own merit for a review, but combined, they are simply perfection. Kelly and her team did not miss a single detail in the creation of our dream wedding…and I mean, NOT A SINGLE DETAIL! I could write pages on this without exaggeration. Kelly and her team took our vision as outlined in the planning meeting and turned it into an incredible fairytale-like reality. Our vision for the alter decorations was delivered to perfection with fabric cascading onto the steps beside us. The event was planned and fulfilled well beyond our hopes and expectations as was the entire design and timing sequence of the event. We did not have to worry or think about a single thing on our wedding day, except for the joy and happiness we felt. The entire day unfolded with precision and dedication to flawless and meticulous beauty and grace. Kelly and her team were there to assist us and guide us through the entire event. In fact, at the end of our event, as we changed into our honeymoon clothes and the guests waited downstairs to wish us farewell, we realized we had forgotten to assign someone to drive our car from the lot to the front of the estate (gasp!) and without skipping a beat, Kelly stated that she had it handled and like magic, the car did indeed await us as we descended down the stairs and made our way off! Incredible! We are unable to express enough words of appreciation and recommendation about the Monte Verde Inn. Absolute professionals! We very highly recommend The Monte Verde Inn!

The absolute perfect wedding venue.

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Natalie S

What more could a girl want? The Monte Verde Inn made planning my wedding, even from 3000 miles away, a breeze. Kelly and Lindsay were incredibly helpful, organized, and efficient, and they made the planning and day-of things so easy. This venue takes care of the food, the... Read More decorative flowers, cake, and so much more, like peace of mind. The food was to-die-for, the backdrop couldn't have been prettier, and the night ran incredibly smoothly. Kelly was there to help point us in the right direction without ever being in the way, and made sure my husband and I were well fed and that we had drinks in our hands. Just the perfect setting for an outdoor wedding, and just so much fun. Great value- you get so much out of less than we budgeted for! Thanks everyone!!!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Sunny C

I fell in love with Monte Verde about 5 years ago while planning a wedding for a client, and knew THIS is where I wanted to hold my special day when it was my turn. From the moment I started communicating with their staff, I felt very much at ease. I'm a planner myself, and felt... Read More so comfertable turning my wedding over to Kelly, the owner. She paid close attention to detail, and made our day truly a dream come true! The food is amazing, the grounds breath taking, and the staff of coordinators were top notch!

The perfect venue!

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Debbie M

My husband and I just got married here a week ago, 4/21, and it was AMAZING. Kelly and her staff took such good care of us. They realized the day before that with the weather being so hot in April that it would be a good idea to move the dinner outside and were able to give... Read More their professional opinions on things like that and it really made the day perfect. Had we been inside it probably would have been too hot, but with the large umbrells they utilized to keep the outside tables shaded we had the perfect dinner. Kelly was so attentive to have flip-flops ready for me when we had to walk all around the property to take our pictures, and had bug bite cream ready (and it was applied without me even having to ask!) for when I ended up with a mosquito bite that itched. The Food was AMAZING, as was the cake-- which was one of my favorite parts of this venue. I have been to too many weddings where the food has come out cold, over cooked, or dry- none of those problems here. They have such a beautiful venue, whether you are looking for an outdoors wedding or an indoors venue. The ballroom is gorgeous with a romantic chandelier and large windows and the arch way outside makes for the most beautiful ceremony location. Our guests raved about the food all evening. Finally, one of the parts that makes the wedding planning easy is that Monte Verde really does take care of so many of the little details (tables, linens, set up and take down, the catering, the cake, the table flowers, the alcohol, etc) that it made the wedding planning process much easier.

Beautiful and inclusive venue

Reviewed on 4/12/2013 Courtney H

Great place for a garden type wedding! Beautiful setting and all-inclusive ( even the cake and food). The photographer, dj, officiant, and personal flowers are the only extras you will need. Makes planning so much easier! Lovely northern California venue!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Janelle D

Pros: Absolutely gorgeous setting, lots of great natural backgrounds for pictures. "All inclusive" The venue comes with catering, cake and flowers (minus personal flowers)and is decently priced Neutral: It is out the middle of nowhere, but that is how you get the beautiful... Read More setting... Only beer and wine allowed Cons: The coordinator/owner, Kelly, is very.... set in her ways. If she doesn't agree with what you want to do she will end up convincing you why her way is right. There were a few times during the wedding that I wish I had stuck to my guns on a few things. Nearest "nice" hotel is the holiday inn and they do not offer any sort of shuttle service, you will have to coordinate transportation services on your own if you want it.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/21/2012 Britney W

Our wedding was amazing thanks to everyone at the Monte Verde. My husband and I live in Ohio, so I was nervous about keeping in touch with everything in California, but everyone was fantastic at responding to emails and we communicated via Skype when necessary. On the wedding... Read More day itself Kelly and Megan were great at guiding us through everything that needed to be done and kept us happy with drinks in hand and food waiting. We truly didn't have to think about anything, we were allowed to fully enjoy the evening with our friends and family. The food was so delicious and the cake looked gorgeous- everyone was raving about it all afterwards. The venue itself is beautiful as well, especially when the sun sets and all the lights are on. It was everything that we wanted for our wedding and we would do it all over again if given the opportunity.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Katie A

My husband and I were recently married at the Monte Verde Inn in Foresthill, and feel so grateful to have found the perfect venue! We only looked at two wedding venues during our venue search, and instantly knew that the MVI was the place for us. We loved that it was all... Read More inclusive (food, cake, centerpieces, linens, etc.), which made the planning process so much easier. We also loved that it was private and that we would have whole venue to ourselves. It didn't hurt that the setting was absolutely beautiful as well. The professionalism and wedding expertise of Kelly and her staff is unparalleled. From the beginning of the process until the end, Kelly, Megan, and Lindsay made the process so easy and enjoyable. They are seriously wedding masters. The day-of they are behind the scenes making sure you have the perfect day. I had such peace of mind knowing they were there to take care of everything. And the food! So delicious with impeccable quality. And the cake (which Kelly makes herself) was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Our guests raved about our venue-the beautiful setting, the food, and the overall nature of the inn. We couldn't have picked a more perfect place for our wedding. Needless to say The Monte Verde Inn is highly recommended!

A perfectly magical day

Reviewed on 9/06/2012 Jennie M

Words could never describe how dedicated, caring, talented and amazing the entire staff at Monte Verde Inn are. From the detailed and flexible planning process, the wedding  rehearsals efficiency, the incredible cuisine and truly personal attention at every step of the way,... Read More Monte Verde Inn is real gem. Absolute professionals!       Thank you especially to the 'master of ceremonies' Kelly Dalisa. She listens to your requests and executes them with absolute perfection. Her entire staff, especially Megan ( who was on hand the entire time) and the calm and cool Lindsey are phenomenal.        The venue, let me just say, magical! It was the perfect combination of a charming B&B, a mountain sanctuary and an enchanted forest! The grounds are perfectly manicured and make for outstanding photographs! The gorgeous grove of trees that the ceremony took place in was straight out if a fairy tale.        One of the best things about Monte Verde inn, besides the staff was the 'all inclusive' feeling it provided. For a bride to sit down at one meeting and decide on the cake, center pieces, food, table linens, cocktails, wine list and then some, was a dream come true. Kelly was so accommodating and very flexible. Her husband, the talented chef even let me create my own halibut dish....which brings me now to...the FOOD!      The chef, Doug, Kelly's talents husband is a genius. Every last morsel of food was exquisitely presented, flavorful and absolutely delicious. I am a bit of a 'foodie' and boy was I impressed! The  duck egg roles ( my personal favorite) and the freshest raw seafood bar were some of the highlights from cocktail hour. The main dishes were perfectly cooked and unbelievably delicious! For people who truly appreciate good food, this is a winner for you!! The wedding cake (designed by no other than Kelly) was gorgeous and so divine! Every last bit of the meal was perfection.      I would also not have done without the talented and incredible 'preferred vendors' that Monte Verde Inn recommended. The partnership between Rebecca Ford-Ford Family Photography,  Joe Kalamaras-SJ's Disk Jokey  and O'Shays florist made for a truly seamless day. I highly recommend every single one of these talented vendors and thank them very much.  If I could get married all over again I wouldn't think twice about choosing Monte Verde Inn. It was a dream come true, a perfectly magical evening that I will  treasure forever. Thank you to the entire staff at Monte Verde Inn for a perfect wedding!

Monte Verde Inn

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Brittany W

This venue was absolutely gorgeous! The girls that run the wedding are extremely helpful and keep everyone in your party on time. Just be sure to make it YOUR day and not get stuck in the normal "wedding schedule." Keep it personal and dont let time keep you from talking to your... Read More guests.

Two thumbs up!

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 megan p

I highly recommend the monte verde inn. The inn is an all inclusive place and makes your wedding planning easy. They helped me through my engagement recommending vendors for the special day. The inn is beautiful with a white mansion and gorgeous grounds. It was everything I... Read More could have dreamed. On the day of our wedding everything ran perfectly. From the food to the cake to the atmosphere and staff it was a 10. They make you feel so special and want the day to be just as perfect as you do. If I had to get married to my husband again I would go back! It's so nice because it feels like you are at a destination wedding but it's really not too far! Definitely check them out!

Hassle free wedding venue

Reviewed on 7/29/2012 Grace M

Monte Verde Inn is a great place to have a wedding. It is a package location, handling food, cake, and decor as well as the location and planning. The location itself is beautiful nestled in the foothills east of Sacramento. Surrounded by trees, the reception area is... Read More always shaded in the evenings. We had the misfortune of having our wedding during a heatwave, but even so by the time the guests needed to be seated, the shade had moved into place and the heat was quickly dropping. The inn itself is beautiful and its ballroom is an excellent location for a morning after breakfast before heading out. It is an inn and you can renting the rooms as part of the wedding package. This helped us a lot with removing any rush from the end of the evening and breakfast afterwards was excellent. We had a number of people from out of state in our wedding party and putting them up there helped reduce the cost and trouble for them considerably. The inn has a tasting every year where you get to sample all the food and hors d’oeuvres. The food is amazing and it was hard to pick our favorite. They also handle the wedding cakes and we look forward to defrosting ours next year and having some more. Kelly, the owner, was very helpful and worked closely with us to make sure our event turned out the way we wanted it as well as making sure we stayed on track with our preparations. Her team had excellent coordination and made sure things went smoothly. Any problems we might have had were dealt with promptly and professionally. After the wedding when we returned from our honeymoon, I found out that that my parents had left a set of keys and a spare suit at the inn and they graciously shipped them back to my parents.

Princess for a day

Reviewed on 6/20/2012 Tabitha S

This was an amazing day, I felt like everything was absolutely perfect. Kelly and her team were blessings! We have never been treated so well, venue was gorgeous, wedding was more than we could have hoped for. Words cannot express how thankful we were to have found Monte... Read More Verde Inn!

Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Stephanie Z

My dream wedding came true at Monte Verde Inn. Kelly and her staff executed the evening flawlessly. I cannot express my gratitude enough for how magical my wedding was. I absolutely recommend MVI to every bride!

Monte Verde Inn

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Kami B

The venue site is beautiful and there are so many wonderful places to take pictures. The staff is organized and knowledgeable. The communication was great. Everything is run professionally and efficiently. Our guests raved about the site, the food and the cake. We are so... Read More glad we chose the Monte Verde Inn!!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/14/2011 Shannon I

WOW is the first thing that comes to mind about the Monte Verde inn! We searched for months trying to find the perfect venue, then we met with Kelly the fabulous owner of the monte verde! She has a passion for what she does and it comes out in all her work. The monte verde... Read More does it all, the food, cake,and most of the decorations. What more can a busy bride ask for? Also they give you a list of fabulous venders to work with. Doug the chef and owner is great at what he does. I did not personal get to met him, but his food was the BEST! Crab cakes, salmon, tri-tip just to name a few things. My guest are still talking about how good the food was. This is truly a great place to get married, they made all my dreams come true!

Amazing venue & they do everything!

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Jessica A

Kelly, the owner, in one word, awesome! The venue itself if beautiful and they take care of so much more than regular venues. My wedding went so smoothly and I felt so taken care of the whole time. Worth every penny! You will love everything about this place! Thank you!... Read More 07/17/2011 wedding

Meet The Coordinator

Lexi

Lexi, our Sales Manager/Event Coordinator, graduated from California State University, Sacramento with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations. She has a passion for all types of events and has worked in special events for eight years and also worked in the food service industry. With event experience from The Walt Disney Company and Red Bull, she will make sure everything is organized, detailed, and perfect on your big day, with an iced coffee in hand. When she isn’t busy planning an event, she is either in Disneyland, watching HGTV, or going all out at Orangetheory Fitness.