Monte Vista Strings and Jazz

San Antonio - Austin , TX

Exquisite Sounds for Your Exquisite Day.

Live Music with Unmatched Sound and Service . From Canon in D to Coldplay, endless options await you. Strings, winds, jazz bands, and more. MVSJ explicitly guarantees the professionalism of every musician on every instrument at every event. Your vision is our mission. Hear the MVSJ Difference.

519 W. Summit Avenue, San Antonio - Austin , TX

So Happy We Chose Monte Vista Strings!

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 ana r

Andrew and his team of Monte Vista Strings and Jazz provided the music for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and during our sit down dinner. Everything was perfect! I trusted completely in Andrew to provide the best music selection, and he delivered! The music and cantor... Read More during our ceremony was wonderful. Leaving the cathedral we were greeted by a Mariachi group playing fun and lively music, and it was so delightful. Our guests absolutely loved the 3 piece jazz group during the cocktail hour. During dinner, they provided a contemporary wired strings group that was beautiful. The level of professionalism and performance far exceeded my expectations. I want to thank Andrew and his team for making our special day a memorable one!

2015-10-28T03:26:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Anna! We absolutely loved working with you!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kirsten B

If you want a great experience from beginning to end, this is the right choice for you. Andrew is extremely professional, accommodating, and TALENTED. He will make sure he has exactly what you are looking for and will leave your guests speechless. I could not have asked for a... Read More perfect experience during our wedding ceremony. I still get the goosebumps when I see the video!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Jocelyn D

The Monte Vista string quartet performed contemporary songs for our ceremony and cocktail reception. They were amazing!!! Andrew was a pleasure to work with from start to finish and the team was highly professional. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the music was.... Read More We highly recommend Monte Vista Strings.

2015-10-28T03:22:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We were honored to be a part of your wonderful day.

The Best!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Terry L

Monte Vista Strings played at our wedding ceremony last September. What a great choice. Their music was beautiful. The Water Music was the perfect recessional. They also played beautiful pieces matching our selections as guests were being seated. They were highly professional... Read More and polished. They are a "must have" for an elegant wedding. They made are special day even better.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We have had Monte Vista Strings perform at 2 major family events this past year. I can't say enough about how wonderful they are! They performed at our daughter's wedding ceremony a year ago, providing pre-wedding music, processional, recessionals and everything in-between.... Read More They set the tone for a beautiful, traditional and touching nuptials. They were also willing to drive 3 hours out of the city to do so. The Monte Vista Strings also performed at the reception after my mother's funeral last month. Again, they set the tone for an elegant and tender celebration of my mother's life, playing many of her favorite classical pieces. Andrew Small and the members of the Monte Vista Strings are very creative, professional, attractive and are quite accommodating. We highly recommend them and plan to continue to seek their services in future celebrations.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lisa N

We hired the Wired! Pop Contemporary String Quartet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and a jazz band for our dinner hour, both from Monte Vista Strings and Jazz and both absolutely amazing. This company truly made our day. All our special requests were honored and... Read More performed beautifully, and Andrew (the coordinator) was always available to give us advice and guidance when needed. Highly recommend this company.

Great group

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Very professional, accommodating and easy to work with. Their experience and expertise made the wedding ceremony a "no worries" event.

Absolutely PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Laura B

Monte Vista Strings & Jazz is the best in south Texas! They absolutely exceeded all of my expectations. Very easy to work with and were professional in every capacity. They even learned a new song to accompany the soloist in my wedding. If I ever have a need for a small... Read More ensemble, they'll be at the top of my list. Book them now!

Great Wedding Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Andrew from Monte Vista Strings is great to work with. We book a trio and a cantor for our wedding and they were amazing. Made our wedding even that more elegant. Thank you guys for a great job.

Monte Vista Strings and Jazz

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We had the Monte Vista Strings and Jazz play for our daughter's wedding on July 4, 2015 at the Lakeway Resort and Spa in Lakeway Texas. They performed the prelude, during the ceremony and at the cocktail hour. Our choice of ensemble was The Classic and Wired! Pop/... Read More Contemporary String TRIO and they were absolutely fabulous. We really appreciate great music as we have several musicians in our family, who ironically were in the wedding party thus we needed the Monte Vista Strings. We spoke with Andrew and he delivered on everything we talked about. He kept in touch with us from beginning to end. They were on time and played the songs we had requested from their playlist, stayed until our agreed upon time and we could not have asked for more. Our guests thought they did a beautiful job!. We highly recommend the Monte Vista Strings and Jazz! Working with Andrew was a pleasure and we would love to use them again in the future! They really are so professional and sound incredible!

Beautiful Music by Monte Vista Strings and Jazz

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Betsy Z

We used Monte Vista Strings and Jazz for our daughter's Oct 24th wedding and reception at Lost Mission in Spring Branch, and are so happy with our choice. In the planning stage, Andrew was a pleasure to work with, and I knew we were in good hands. For the ceremony, we used the... Read More strings and flute quartet, and we couldn't be more pleased. Due to transportation issues, the quartet ended up playing A LOT more prelude music than we had previously selected, due to the delay in the ceremony start time, but it was all beautiful and appropriate for the setting. During the ceremony, the music was on cue, and the arrangements were lovely - just as I imagined they would be, but they are professionals after all! The Jazz Ensemble played during the cocktail hour, and for the first part of the dinner, and they were amazing, with a big full sound! I was very pleased with their music selections. The MV Strings and Jazz Ensemble helped create the magic of the day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Colleen D

We hired Monte Vista for our wedding ceremony and our reception music. I worked with Andrew through the whole process of figuring out what we wanted, and he was so patient with us when we introduced some extra songs and ended up changing the musicians we hired for the reception.... Read More During the busy season, he was harder to get in touch with, with emails going unanswered for a couple weeks at a time, but it was always clear that the emails were being read and that they were working on our questions and requests, so I was never worried or frustrated by it. Everything was executed perfectly. Andrew was incredibly professional and up front about everything with us, which was awesome. And, he was also very approachable and easy to talk to, which was great since my music knowledge is very limited! At the wedding, the musicians were incredible. It is clear why they also play for the San Antonio and Austin symphonies. The quality of their work is incredible, and we were so pleased! Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful the music was. Overall, we are so pleased that we worked with Monte Vista. They complemented our wedding and reception perfectly, and were fantastic to work with. I cannot recommend them enough!

Wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kaydee C

Monte Vista Strings is wonderful to work with and we could not have been more pleased with how everything went. They are extremely professional and Andrew is a pleasure to work with! If you are looking for the perfect wedding music then MSV is it! They made my sister's wedding... Read More absolutely perfect!

2015-10-28T03:20:34 Response from the vendor

We loved working with you! Thank you so much for sharing these kind words!

Exactly what I wanted!

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Laura M

I booked the Wired String Quartet. Honestly, I didn't get to enjoy much of the string quartet since I was the last person to enter the ceremony, the first one to leave, and didn't get to attend the cocktail hour. But from what I did get to hear (my entrance song and the... Read More recessional), they did an amazing job! And we did receive a lot of feedback from our guests that they really enjoyed listening to the musicians play modern songs at the ceremony and cocktail hour and that their renditions were lovely.

unique and fun

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Hannah E

First of all, Andrew Small is very easy to work with. He communicates well and offered suggestions along the way. They were on time and played beautiful music!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Calli D

As a bride, everything about a wedding goes by quickly. You don't always have time to stop and smell the roses, but with Monte Vista Strings, their beautiful music helped me stay in the moment. It's very difficult to incorporate music in your wedding that doesn't feel... Read More cheesy or overdone, but they offer a huge selection of songs that will make it easy to craft a unique musical arrangement. My husband and I are both musicians, so the music was probably the most important part of the wedding planning. Andrew made it so easy, and was very flexible when we wanted to incorporate a few of our musician friends into the ceremony. For a very reasonable fee, Andrew learned a Neil Young song that he played with a few friends and executed it perfectly, with very little time to practice. They are talented, sweet, and wonderful musicians. I can't thank you enough!

2015-10-28T03:23:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this post. It was our pleasure to customize and craft the performance you envisioned. :)

Monte Vista and Our Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Christine G

Absolutely the best! Our ceremony was like a being in a romance film. :) I love watching the film of that day and hearing the beautiful instruments that Monte Vista played. Truly amazing! Highly recommend them. Great vendor!

2015-10-28T03:24:46 Response from the vendor

This is so sweet! Thank you so much for sharing!

Fabulous musicians!

Reviewed on 1/06/2013 Courtney D

We had a string duo play for our wedding ceremony and afterwards for cocktails on the patio. The music was absolutely beautiful! Very talented musicians!

2015-10-28T03:18:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You guys were great. :)

Very Good

Reviewed on 11/29/2012 Lauren Whitney K

Andrew Small is extremely professional and easy to work with. We booked strings and mariachi's through him. The music was fantastic and the cantor was beautiful. Highly recommended for CATHOLIC weddings! Andrew even played himself at our wedding and we were thrilled! Service... Read More is very good and make sure to add the 15 extra minutes of potential over time.

2012-11-30T14:06:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Lauren! Yours was one of the most beautiful Catholic ceremonies we have ever seen. Congratulations and best wishes to you both!!

Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 11/26/2012 Valerie M

They were better sounding than their online demos. They were a little sassy at times, but overall easy to work with.

2015-10-28T03:27:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for posting!

October 27, 2012

Reviewed on 11/16/2012 Stephanie H

They sounded so beautiful and Andrew was such a joy to work with, very professional!

2012-11-16T18:29:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We were truly inspired by your beautiful ceremony in Mission San Jose. :)

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Cathlinn L

Great players. Only issue is that they did not start playing were they were supposed to for the last song.

2012-11-05T22:00:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the positive feedback. We loved being present last month at Kendall Plantation for this beautiful ceremony and we too are perfectionists! If we remember correctly, the bride requested an unusual starting point after the standard beginning point for her recessional music. Directly... Read Less Read More

Elegant and romantic, a dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Amanda K

I was very pleased that I selected Monte Vista Strings and Jazz for my wedding ceremony. Their music was so beautiful and elegant; it really set the tone for my wedding. Being a musician myself, it was very important to me to select talented professionals, so I was pleased to... Read More find out that all of the performers are regulars with the Austin and San Antonio symphonies. Andrew and his ensemble were willing to accompany the vocalist I hired, Paul Sanchez. Hearing them perform together was a dream come true for me! The strings' melodic, full, sound went perfectly with Paul's gorgeous operatic tenor voice; with the acoustics in the church, they sounded like a full orchestra backing up the primo uomo in an opera! Thank you Monte Vista!

2012-11-18T13:13:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Amanda! It was absolutely our honor to perform for you at Riverbend in Austin. It's always especially gratifying when a professional musician engages us for her own wedding!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Jill V

The wedding was absolutely perfect, and the music truly had a role in this. We had classical Spanish guitar at our tiny 12 person outdoor ranch wedding, and it just made the wedding that much more magical. If we had a larger wedding, I would have loved a larger string... Read More ensemble. As a musician, I felt not only completely comfortable working with Monte Vista Strings and Jazz but thoroughly impressed. Honestly, I wasn't sure which instruments would be the best, but Andrew customed designed this choice for our wedding. They truly understand weddings!

2012-10-26T12:39:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you! This Paniolo Ranch wedding was so classy and romantic.

Amazing job!

Reviewed on 7/11/2012 Sarah G

Beautiful music, organized staff, able to play exactly how and when I wanted! Would recommend this to anyone, their music changed the total dynamic of the setting to intimate and romantic.

2012-10-26T12:49:08 Response from the vendor

You guys were the best. We are so happy we were able to create the musical vibe you envisioned!