Moulin Events And Meetings

St. Louis, MO

Book Your Wedding with Moulin Events And Meetings

A HISTORIC VENUE IN ST. LOUIS, MO

Located in the Centennial Malt House in St. Louis, Missouri, Moulin Events and Meetings can accommodate weddings large and small. Originally built as part of the Schnaider Brewery in 1876, the Centennial Malt House is located in the oldest neighborhood in St. Louis—Lafayette Square.

is the largest space this venue offers. It boasts original hardwood flooring as well as arched windows with a view of the city and built-in bar. While it could hold a ceremony, the Centennial Ballroom is better suited for the reception, seating up to 350 dinner guests or accommodating up to 500 reception guests.

is the most popular space at Moulin Events and Meetings to hold a wedding ceremony. With a rustic brick interior and huge windows, it also hosts a lovely rehearsal dinner or reception. The Chouteau Room seats up to 135 dinner guests or can accommodate up to 225 reception guests.

are both great choices for smaller gatherings, with the former holding 50 seated dinner guests and the latter holding 40. Both the Lafayette Room and the Napoleon hold a maximum of 100 guests for a reception-style celebration.

provides amazing views of the St. Louis skyline. Accommodating 40 seated dinner guests or 80 reception guests, this space is ideal for a more intimate party. Moulin Events and Meetings will also reserve space inside, should the weather turn.

accommodates 200 guests for a seated dinner or 325 for a reception. This space has its own dedicated entrance and an outdoor deck, as well as arched windows and vaulted skylights.

All rooms at Moulin Events and Meetings include built-in audio/visual equipment, except the Thornhill Rooftop Deck, and all rooms have black-out capabilities. Screens, LCD projectors and microphones are also available for use. Moulin Events and Meetings asks that you allow them to prepare the food for your event. You can select up to two entrees, and they're happy to accommodate any special dietary requests. You must provide a final guest count at least seven days before your celebration. For other services, they're happy to provide their list of preferred vendors. If you'd rather use your own vendor, Moulin Events and Meetings is glad to work with you, but they must approve outside vendors or services at least seven days prior to your event.

The on-site wedding coordinator is seasoned and organized, and she'll see that every detail of your event is just right. There is also a billiards room on site that you can rent out for a fun, unique wedding reception that everyone will remember.

Attention to detail, personal service, historical

Welcome to Moulin. We are honored that you are considering Moulin to host your wedding reception, ceremony or rehearsal dinner. You have chosen experienced wedding planners that will deliver unparalleled personal service & menu selections prepared by our professionally trained culinary staff.

Historic Venue, Loft, Rooftop

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

2017 Chouteau Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 241-4949

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Steve H

No matter what kind of bride or groom you may be, the one thing we all have in common is the need for confidence leading up to, and especially on, our big day. Look no further than the Moulin staff. Every detail has been thought of and every effort is made to accommodate their... Read More guests. The venue is stunning, and speaks for itself in my opinion, but what you don't know until you experience it is the full package of amazingness that Moulin delivers. Ann Jones is beyond qualified as the wedding specialist. She is organized, caring, flexible, motivated...and I not only thank her tremendously for her hard work but I respect her for how well she takes care of business while maintaining the celebratory spirit. Linda is a true gem. This is yet another perk of the Moulin wedding...you are assigned a wonderfully sweet sidekick to make sure all runs smoothly. Thank you Linda! You were a true comfort to me! And lastly, to the chef...my guests have not stopped talking about how much they enjoyed the food! Aunts and uncles with several weddings and meals under their belts were all commenting using "best ever" as they described the food. Thank you for adding such an outstanding element to our wedding since we all can agree that good food means happiness. To sum up...Moulin is my solid recommendation on so many levels. Our guests also enjoyed the connected PWPizza, Vin de Set, and the 21st Street Brewers Bar for ease of logistics and great food/drink. Every member of the staff was helpful and gracious. Ann and Linda alone would make my decision if I had to do it over again! It is impossible to gush enough...thank you Moulin!

2017-05-02T08:57:06 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words and compliments! I am so happy that our team provided a great night for you to always remember. Thank you so much for passing along your experience with future brides, this means so much to us.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Jen D

We had the best time at our wedding!!! Alex made our ceremony and reception so special! We had our ceremony in the Chouteau room and it was gorgeous. It's the perfect space for a ceremony of 100-150 people. We then had our reception in the Malt House Cellar downstairs. This is... Read More the coolest place ever!! The reception was perfect for our "cocktail" themed party. The food was amazing, the ambiance was perfect for a wedding, and the bartenders were great! Alex, our coordinator, and Dawn, our attendant, were the best!! Everyone needs to check this place out immediately!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kristen B

My husband and I knew we wanted a reception in the city! We looked all over and our minds kept coming back to Moulin events because of the amazing reviews. The exposed brick and wood floors were the rustic urban feel we were looking for! Ann and her assistant made all the... Read More planning and organizing so easy and fun for us! The tasting and organizing of our day was so fun for us and our mothers! We felt like Ann was family! You do not need a day of coordinator or a wedding planner with Ann Jones by your side! I gave her all my decorations and she set the hall up for us making it perfect on our wedding day! This made the whole wedding planning so stress-free and fun! Ann is very prompt on her emails with any questions you may have (big or small). The food on top of everything was amazing as well (better than any other wedding food I have tasted in the past). Her assistant (sorry I forgot her name) was amazing to me on the dance floor! She made sure I always had a drink in hand! Her and Ann also bustled my dress for me as I was greeting guests. Our day was unforgettable with a big help from the team at Moulin! Thank you! <3

2017-10-25T09:25:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience. We enjoyed planning and celebrating with your family and friends and I am so glad (and relieved!) that your bustle held! BEAUTIFUL dress but those loops.... ahhh! It was a wonderful evening and I am so glad you enjoyed... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Brea J

I cannot even begin to describe how INCREDIBLE the even planning staff is!! My husband and I had our wedding reception there in July and everything was absolutely perfect! We moved out of state during the planning process so we squished everything down into only two meetings.... Read More They were very respectful of our time and budget and went ABOVE AND BEYOND in every aspect of the planning! The reception was so well taken care of and it was a HUGE weight off my shoulders! The day of could not have been better. As a couple we were assigned someone to just help serve us. We arrived by the back entrance a little early for our big entrance and they were so great! They helped me bustle my dress, provided snacks, water and a random much needed cup of coffee for me. Throughout the entire night they made sure we had food to eat, water to drink and checked in with the DJ regularly to make sure everything went smoothly. We also had a smores bar which was a HUGE hit and was manned by staff the whole time! If you want a beautiful stress free wedding with the best food you've had then Moulin is perfect for you.

2017-10-05T12:15:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us at Moulin! We also enjoyed planning and working with you both throughout your planning process. We are so happy that you had an amazing wedding day! Thank you! ann and the Moulin staff

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Brittany A

If you are looking for a venue that will go above and beyond, this is definitely it - Moulin is AMAZING!! Our wedding was supposed to be 9/15/17 in West Palm Beach, Florida, but with the path Hurricane Irma was taking we knew that probably wouldn't happen. The week before I... Read More started calling venues in St. Louis explaining the situation and Moulin was the only venue willing to work with us (even with stating we were waiting two days to make the final call). Ann was truly a lifesaver and I cannot thank her and the staff enough for pulling this off and making our dream wedding come true! Although we were expecting a beach wedding, everything was PERFECT! I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone getting married in the St. Louis area!!

2017-09-29T09:38:08 Response from the vendor

And what a FUN event it was!!! Thank you so much for sharing your unique situation with other brides, we were truly happy to make your event come together, even on such a short notice. With all of our personal vendor relationships we made it... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Rebecca B

I can not say enough good things about the Moulin. From the time my husband and I walked into the ceremony and reception space, we knew it was the one. The spaces are beautiful, with hardwood floors and exposed brick walls. Ann was great to work with and was extremely organized... Read More throughout the entire planning process. She took care of coordinating the set-up with the other vendors and was very prompt in response to email. The day of the wedding went extremely smoothly, not a single hiccup. We stayed right on time and everyone knew exactly where to go. Linda (the bridal assistant) is amazing! She made sure our bridal party had everything they needed- it almost seemed like she could read our minds. My husband got icing on his suit jacket sleeve during the “donut cutting” and the next thing I know, Linda is scrubbing his jacket with soda water. Not only were Ann and Linda great to work with, the food was also fantastic! We received compliments after the wedding from guests stating it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. I would definitely recommend Moulin Events for anyone looking for a great venue. The staff is experienced and really made the wedding planning process less stressful. Thank you for a great day!

2017-09-19T09:11:25 Response from the vendor

I forgot about the icing on the sleeve! THank you so much for sharing your experience. We truly enjoyed hosting your friends and family. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Jessie W

It is so hard to put into words the great service we received from Moulin Events. After what seemed like an endless, difficult search of venues in the St. Louis area, we finally met Ann at Moulin and our decision seemed way too easy. She instantly becomes an old friend who truly... Read More wants you to have the best day ever. Never did she seem annoyed or strictly business with us. Linda was exactly the same way. She was hilarious and personable. Both Ann and Linda put their heart into making sure their customers have the best experience. I have received so many compliments on the venue and food. It was worth every penny! The prices are comparable to other venues. I was just amazed at how every employee was going above and beyond for our guests that night. I could go on and on. I highly recommend Moulin Events for any event you may have!! Thank you Ann and Linda :)

2017-09-15T12:47:02 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU so much for sharing your experience with us! It was our pleasure hosting your friends and family! THank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Megan U

I would like to first admit that I have never written a review…EVER! However, this venue is beyond amazing and deserves a ton of credit for making our wedding day perfection. Ann Jones, the wedding coordinator at Moulin Events is amazing. From our first meeting to the day of our... Read More wedding, Ann was on top of everything. She guided us throughout the entire process…for over a year! The rustic and urban decor of this building is beautiful. This building has exposed beams, brick and stone. We had our ceremony in the Chouteau Room with our reception immediately following in the Jefferson Ballroom. We had around 120 guests and the space was perfect. We had succulents, chalkboard signs, lanterns, and a handmade altar that was 8ft tall. She and her staff set everything up for us...literally everything! We did not have to worry about anything! On the day of our wedding we were given a room to come back and cool off in before our ceremony. We had food and drinks waiting for us and the entire wedding party! This was a lifesaver as we got married in July and did first looks and outdoor pictures before. The ceremony went off without a single hitch. She was great with our nieces and nephew, getting them to participate and walk down the aisle. The reception was beyond our expectations. Her staff catered to every one of our guests needs. Not a single guest had an empty drink the entire night. The food was the best wedding food I’ve ever had! The flank steak was so tender we could cut it with just a fork. The chicken was extremely moist and incredibly tender as well. We had a live band and they fit perfectly in the Jefferson Ballroom! My husband and I did sunset pictures on the Vin de Set rooftop and these are some of our favorite pictures. It was because of Ann, Linda, additional Moulin staff, that we were able to get these pictures! Also, I want to recognize Linda, as she catered to my husband and I the entire evening. Always making sure we had everything we needed, most of the time without ever asking! She was also in charge of our pack up and loading at the end of the night. She and her staff loaded mine and my mother’s cars at the end of the night. We did not have to do anything but give her our car keys! After she and the staff were finished loading, she brought me our keys in 21st Street Brewery, which is where we were all hanging out! I seriously cannot say enough about Moulin Events! This venue made our wedding PERFECT!! Every single staff member enjoyed the night and was truly happy to assist in making our wedding the best night ever. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married! You will not be disappointed!

2017-07-18T10:15:32 Response from the vendor

Holy Cow, thank you so much for the truly kind words!!!! I am so happy that our team was able to offer such a wonderful and memorable day. Thank you for sharing your experience with our future couples! Thank you and I wish you both... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Debbie M

Used different rooms at Moulin for two very different wedding receptions for two very different daughters. Ann and Linda are the best! Excellent food and service and ver accommodating. Highly recommended.

2017-06-06T09:29:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for leaving your kind words for us! It was our honor to host daughter #2's big day. Room was almost as beautiful as she was! I am so happy that your family and friends had an amazing night. Thank you, ann... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Colleen M

A hidden gem in St. Louis! We received some many compliments on the venue. We worked with Ann throughout the process and she was an absolute dream. I was a very unorganized bride as I was in nursing school mid-wedding planning, but Ann was able to get me focused and filled in... Read More all the missing details. Any little hiccup that arose throughout the evening, Ann handled and everything was just perfect. Not to mention, you get your own bridal attendant who makes sure you get food, drink, and time to relax throughout the night. Linda was a Godsend! Thank you Ann, Linda and the rest of the Moulin team for making our reception so beautiful!

2017-05-16T09:14:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your compliments! I am thrilled that we could give you both a wonderful day to always remember. Thank you again and best of luck to you both! I'm ready for some pictures, hahah!!!! ann and the Moulin team.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Maxine B

Moulin Events was more than we could have ever hoped for. We were able to work with Ann through the whole process. She would consistently respond to every question and worry within 24 hours or less. I loved that Moulin took care of so much and with such ease. Moulin Events not... Read More only includes catering, set up, take down and rentals but the immense bonus of a wedding planner. Ann was more than amazing. We had so much fun in our wedding and everything went smoothly because of Moulin's staff. Come here for your wedding! I hope to attend more here in the future.

2017-04-14T09:09:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I loved working with you both and watching your decor come together was super fun. I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience! I wish you both all the best! ann and the Moulin team

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Laura D

We had our wedding reception at Moulin on 1/28/17. Ann, the coordinator, made everything super easy. All of the planning, details, etc. seemed overwhelming at first, but Ann walked us through everything and was very easy to get a hold of for questions during the process. The... Read More food was fantastic, the space is really neat (dark hardwood plank floor, exposed brick walls), and everyone had a great time. Guests enjoyed the convenience of the 21st Street tavern in the basement after the reception. Would highly recommend this space!

2017-02-02T15:37:40 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU!! We truly appreciate your honest feedback. I enjoyed planning with you both and your parents and your friends and family were a joy to host. Thank you so much for leaving your kind compliments! Congratulations again! ann the Moulin staff

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Megan H

My Partner and I had our reception at Moulin Events 6 months ago. They were amazing! Linda and Ann provided incredible hospitality in particular with kids and older guests. The reception ran smoothly, Ann and Linda kept everything on schedule and made sure that our guests... Read More had a delightful night. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

2016-12-13T08:58:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We strive to make each wedding a true success and of course a memorable evening for our couples, their families and friends. I am so happy that your event was a success! Thank you, ann and the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Emily W

My fiance and I were in love with the venue...until we spoke to the person there. I can't be bothered to remember her name because I am never going back. Every time I had a question I was given the answer as though I were an idiot or a "we spoke about this in the email" when I... Read More mever received a detailed email. Decided to go with an equally lovely place right down the street. Why pay for impolite staffing/coordinators?

2016-12-09T09:12:39 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry that you had this experience. I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you personally about this situation. Please call myself or you may ask for a manager if you like. I feel horrible that we could not give... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Lauren S

My husband and I had our reception in the Jefferson Ballroom at Moulin events. The room has so much character and is so romantic there isn't much more you have to do to decorate it. We worked with Ann and she was amazing! We actually choose the venue primarily based on our... Read More experience with Ann. She was so helpful and always had great tips and advice for maximizing our experience. She was super flexible and went above and beyond to help us get the celebration that we were looking for. overall we had an absolutely amazing experience!

2016-12-06T09:42:55 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you so much for your compliments! We are so thrilled that the Jefferson was the perfect setting and that our services set the tone for an amazing day! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff, thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Geneline S

It was love at first site with this venue. We had our wedding on October 1, 2016 in the Centennial Ballroom. The room itself is gorgeous without decorations. We did not have to do a lot to decorate, which was great! Ann is an absolute delight to work with. We have never met... Read More someone so enthusiastic about their job. She is passionate and she knows what she is doing! She was so easy to work with and took all of our ideas and brought it to life. Oh, let's mention to the food! We have been to many weddings, and food is always a key point to a reception. The food is amazing!!! We got many compliments about how delicious everything was. Our reception was from 6-10pm, so some of us who wanted to party more, just went downstairs to the 21st street brewers bar! Everything was fantastic and convenient.

2016-11-17T10:42:57 Response from the vendor

Your words of appreciation and praise are too kind, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jill E

Excellent venue. We had many compliments on the atmosphere and ambience. Ann, the coordinator, was timely, helpful, responsive, and accommodating. She did an excellent job. Linda was our assistant that evening and was worth her weight in gold!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Didi H

We had an absolutely wonderful time here. The staff were very courteous and they did a great job getting our event set up and underway. The space was beautiful and great for a wedding with around 130 guests.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lisa G

Everyone on the Moulin staff was great to work with and the event space was so perfect for our rehearsal dinner! Alex made everything so easy and was incredibly responsive to all of the details and changes I needed. Our rehearsal dinner went off without a hitch and was... Read More completely gorgeous!

2016-10-27T13:42:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that our team could make your celebration a success! ~the Moulin Wedding Team

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Angie S

My daughter and her fiance were looking for a venue that was different from the traditional hotel ballroom. The rooms have beautiful hardwood floors and brick walls. The Malt House Cellar with it's stone walls and brick archways is stunning. The lounge area at one end with an... Read More awesome bar and fireplace and the game room at the other end is incredible. We made a special request for a sugar-free dessert bar for our guests on a sugar free diet. We were blown away with 3 -4 wonderful dessert options including brownies. We also had the s'mores bar which was fabulous. Still receiving compliments on the assortment of chocolates on the s'mores bar. When we arrived, the room was setup just as we expected. Ann and Alex went above and beyond in walking us thru the whole process; from pre-contract, contract, tasting and the event itself. The chefs, bartenders and entire staff were great. I have received so many compliments about the food and the entire space; including best reception they've ever been to. Absolutely amazing and flawless for the entire reception. Highly recommend for any event and this was perfect for my daughter and her husband.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Anna M

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner through Moulin Events in the Billiards Room. The room was perfect for our group. It was nice to have a more relaxed rehearsal dinner with darts, billiards, and shuffle board instead of the typical sit down dinner. The food was... Read More wonderful!! Along with passed appetizers and a dessert station, we also had the sirloin sliders and the crab cake sliders. Both were delicious!! Last but not least, the staff is amazing!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Alex, the events manager, is so organized and had everything under control from the very beginning. I would definitely recommend Moulin Events to anyone looking for a nice place for a special event. Thanks Moulin Events!!!

2016-10-25T08:03:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your compliments. We love working with a bride and groom that were as excited about our venue as we are here at Moulin. So glad your event turned out the way you wanted. We thoroughly hope you will think of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Anna M

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Caroline S

Our wedding reception was the utmost experience we could have ever had . From the beginning of planning over a year ago until the wedding night, everything was exceptional! The thoroughness from our coordinator , Ann, was impeccable ! Every detail was beyond our expectations .... Read More The quality of food, service, and overall experience was amazing . Our guests from in town from out of town raved of the venue and their experience . Our only regret is that it is over. We highly recommend The Moulin for a totally gratifying experience ! Can't say enough greatness about every aspect of this venue !!!

2016-10-22T20:28:12 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased that the day came together for you. Thank you so much for leaving an amazing review! ann and the Moulin team

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Joe P

We hosted our son and daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner in The Malt House Cellar and it was the perfect venue for the event. We live 6 hours away and Alex was fantastic in helping us from our initial phone call through the dinner itself. The menu provided innumerable options... Read More and price points for both the appetizers and the dinner. They also provided a very nice vegetarian option for 2 of the attendees. The staff that worked our function was very helpful and made us feel comfortable. They took care of everything. For my family and friends that attended, it was a truly enjoyable and memorable night. A big thank you to Alex and the entire team.

2016-10-22T16:39:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you from beginning to end. We know how hard is can be to plan something so special from afar and we were happy to help with any and everything we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/21/2016

We hosted the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding at Moulin Events. The Chouteau Room was the perfect venue, and Alex and the entire staff were unbelievable. The service was impeccable and they were very accommodating no matter what we requested. I highly recommend Moulin... Read More Events for a rehearsal dinner or any other occasion!

2016-10-21T13:23:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We were thrilled to host your rehearsal dinner at Moulin and kick start the wedding weekend! We do our best to meet and exceed each guest's expectations when they work with us in hopes that they will... Read Less Read More