Moulin Events And Meetings

St. Louis, MO

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in the Centennial Malt House in St. Louis, Missouri, Moulin Events and Meetings can accommodate weddings large and small. Originally built as part of the Schnaider Brewery in 1876, the Centennial Malt House is located in the oldest neighborhood in St. Louis—Lafayette Square.

is the largest space this venue offers. It boasts original hardwood flooring as well as arched windows with a view of the city and built-in bar. While it could hold a ceremony, the Centennial Ballroom is better suited for the reception, seating up to 350 dinner guests or accommodating up to 500 reception guests.

is the most popular space at Moulin Events and Meetings to hold a wedding ceremony. With a rustic brick interior and huge windows, it also hosts a lovely rehearsal dinner or reception. The Chouteau Room seats up to 135 dinner guests or can accommodate up to 225 reception guests.

are both great choices for smaller gatherings, with the former holding 50 seated dinner guests and the latter holding 40. Both the Lafayette Room and the Napoleon hold a maximum of 100 guests for a reception-style celebration.

provides amazing views of the St. Louis skyline. Accommodating 40 seated dinner guests or 80 reception guests, this space is ideal for a more intimate party. Moulin Events and Meetings will also reserve space inside, should the weather turn.

accommodates 200 guests for a seated dinner or 325 for a reception. This space has its own dedicated entrance and an outdoor deck, as well as arched windows and vaulted skylights.

All rooms at Moulin Events and Meetings include built-in audio/visual equipment, except the Thornhill Rooftop Deck, and all rooms have black-out capabilities. Screens, LCD projectors and microphones are also available for use. Moulin Events and Meetings asks that you allow them to prepare the food for your event. You can select up to two entrees, and they're happy to accommodate any special dietary requests. You must provide a final guest count at least seven days before your celebration. For other services, they're happy to provide their list of preferred vendors. If you'd rather use your own vendor, Moulin Events and Meetings is glad to work with you, but they must approve outside vendors or services at least seven days prior to your event.

The on-site wedding coordinator is seasoned and organized, and she'll see that every detail of your event is just right. There is also a billiards room on site that you can rent out for a fun, unique wedding reception that everyone will remember.

Attention to detail, personal service, historical

Welcome to Moulin. We are honored that you are considering Moulin to host your wedding reception, ceremony or rehearsal dinner.

You have chosen experienced wedding planners that will deliver unparalleled personal service & menu selections prepared by our professionally trained culinary staff.

Historic Venue, Loft, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

2017 Chouteau Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 241-4949

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Laura D

We had our wedding reception at Moulin on 1/28/17. Ann, the coordinator, made everything super easy. All of the planning, details, etc. seemed overwhelming at first, but Ann walked us through everything and was very easy to get a hold of for questions during the process. The... Read More food was fantastic, the space is really neat (dark hardwood plank floor, exposed brick walls), and everyone had a great time. Guests enjoyed the convenience of the 21st Street tavern in the basement after the reception. Would highly recommend this space!

2017-02-02T15:37:40 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU!! We truly appreciate your honest feedback. I enjoyed planning with you both and your parents and your friends and family were a joy to host. Thank you so much for leaving your kind compliments! Congratulations again! ann the Moulin staff

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Megan H

My Partner and I had our reception at Moulin Events 6 months ago. They were amazing! Linda and Ann provided incredible hospitality in particular with kids and older guests. The reception ran smoothly, Ann and Linda kept everything on schedule and made sure that our guests... Read More had a delightful night. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

2016-12-13T08:58:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We strive to make each wedding a true success and of course a memorable evening for our couples, their families and friends. I am so happy that your event was a success! Thank you, ann and the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Emily W

My fiance and I were in love with the venue...until we spoke to the person there. I can't be bothered to remember her name because I am never going back. Every time I had a question I was given the answer as though I were an idiot or a "we spoke about this in the email" when I... Read More mever received a detailed email. Decided to go with an equally lovely place right down the street. Why pay for impolite staffing/coordinators?

2016-12-09T09:12:39 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry that you had this experience. I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you personally about this situation. Please call myself or you may ask for a manager if you like. I feel horrible that we could not give... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Lauren S

My husband and I had our reception in the Jefferson Ballroom at Moulin events. The room has so much character and is so romantic there isn't much more you have to do to decorate it. We worked with Ann and she was amazing! We actually choose the venue primarily based on our... Read More experience with Ann. She was so helpful and always had great tips and advice for maximizing our experience. She was super flexible and went above and beyond to help us get the celebration that we were looking for. overall we had an absolutely amazing experience!

2016-12-06T09:42:55 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you so much for your compliments! We are so thrilled that the Jefferson was the perfect setting and that our services set the tone for an amazing day! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff, thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Geneline S

It was love at first site with this venue. We had our wedding on October 1, 2016 in the Centennial Ballroom. The room itself is gorgeous without decorations. We did not have to do a lot to decorate, which was great! Ann is an absolute delight to work with. We have never met... Read More someone so enthusiastic about their job. She is passionate and she knows what she is doing! She was so easy to work with and took all of our ideas and brought it to life. Oh, let's mention to the food! We have been to many weddings, and food is always a key point to a reception. The food is amazing!!! We got many compliments about how delicious everything was. Our reception was from 6-10pm, so some of us who wanted to party more, just went downstairs to the 21st street brewers bar! Everything was fantastic and convenient.

2016-11-17T10:42:57 Response from the vendor

Your words of appreciation and praise are too kind, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jill E

Excellent venue. We had many compliments on the atmosphere and ambience. Ann, the coordinator, was timely, helpful, responsive, and accommodating. She did an excellent job. Linda was our assistant that evening and was worth her weight in gold!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Didi H

We had an absolutely wonderful time here. The staff were very courteous and they did a great job getting our event set up and underway. The space was beautiful and great for a wedding with around 130 guests.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lisa G

Everyone on the Moulin staff was great to work with and the event space was so perfect for our rehearsal dinner! Alex made everything so easy and was incredibly responsive to all of the details and changes I needed. Our rehearsal dinner went off without a hitch and was... Read More completely gorgeous!

2016-10-27T13:42:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that our team could make your celebration a success! ~the Moulin Wedding Team

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Angie S

My daughter and her fiance were looking for a venue that was different from the traditional hotel ballroom. The rooms have beautiful hardwood floors and brick walls. The Malt House Cellar with it's stone walls and brick archways is stunning. The lounge area at one end with an... Read More awesome bar and fireplace and the game room at the other end is incredible. We made a special request for a sugar-free dessert bar for our guests on a sugar free diet. We were blown away with 3 -4 wonderful dessert options including brownies. We also had the s'mores bar which was fabulous. Still receiving compliments on the assortment of chocolates on the s'mores bar. When we arrived, the room was setup just as we expected. Ann and Alex went above and beyond in walking us thru the whole process; from pre-contract, contract, tasting and the event itself. The chefs, bartenders and entire staff were great. I have received so many compliments about the food and the entire space; including best reception they've ever been to. Absolutely amazing and flawless for the entire reception. Highly recommend for any event and this was perfect for my daughter and her husband.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Anna M

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner through Moulin Events in the Billiards Room. The room was perfect for our group. It was nice to have a more relaxed rehearsal dinner with darts, billiards, and shuffle board instead of the typical sit down dinner. The food was... Read More wonderful!! Along with passed appetizers and a dessert station, we also had the sirloin sliders and the crab cake sliders. Both were delicious!! Last but not least, the staff is amazing!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Alex, the events manager, is so organized and had everything under control from the very beginning. I would definitely recommend Moulin Events to anyone looking for a nice place for a special event. Thanks Moulin Events!!!

2016-10-25T08:03:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your compliments. We love working with a bride and groom that were as excited about our venue as we are here at Moulin. So glad your event turned out the way you wanted. We thoroughly hope you will think of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Anna M

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Caroline S

Our wedding reception was the utmost experience we could have ever had . From the beginning of planning over a year ago until the wedding night, everything was exceptional! The thoroughness from our coordinator , Ann, was impeccable ! Every detail was beyond our expectations .... Read More The quality of food, service, and overall experience was amazing . Our guests from in town from out of town raved of the venue and their experience . Our only regret is that it is over. We highly recommend The Moulin for a totally gratifying experience ! Can't say enough greatness about every aspect of this venue !!!

2016-10-22T20:28:12 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased that the day came together for you. Thank you so much for leaving an amazing review! ann and the Moulin team

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Joe P

We hosted our son and daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner in The Malt House Cellar and it was the perfect venue for the event. We live 6 hours away and Alex was fantastic in helping us from our initial phone call through the dinner itself. The menu provided innumerable options... Read More and price points for both the appetizers and the dinner. They also provided a very nice vegetarian option for 2 of the attendees. The staff that worked our function was very helpful and made us feel comfortable. They took care of everything. For my family and friends that attended, it was a truly enjoyable and memorable night. A big thank you to Alex and the entire team.

2016-10-22T16:39:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you from beginning to end. We know how hard is can be to plan something so special from afar and we were happy to help with any and everything we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/21/2016

We hosted the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding at Moulin Events. The Chouteau Room was the perfect venue, and Alex and the entire staff were unbelievable. The service was impeccable and they were very accommodating no matter what we requested. I highly recommend Moulin... Read More Events for a rehearsal dinner or any other occasion!

2016-10-21T13:23:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We were thrilled to host your rehearsal dinner at Moulin and kick start the wedding weekend! We do our best to meet and exceed each guest's expectations when they work with us in hopes that they will... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Mandie W

From my initial contact with Moulin in January 2015 to the end of my wedding night on July 9, 2016, everything was a dream. This venue knows what they're doing. We wanted a venue that could host both our ceremony and reception. With an estimated guest list of 140, Ann (the... Read More on-site wedding coordinator) suggested the Chouteau Room for our ceremony and the Jefferson Ballroom for our reception. We made an appointment to view the space and we were floored. It is beautiful. I was born and raised in St. Louis City, and Moulin just felt like home with all the brick, stone, and impeccable woodwork throughout. We were sold immediately. Ann was so easy to work with throughout the entire process. I pride myself with being organized, almost to a fault at times, and was a little worried that whatever venue we ended up choosing would fall short of my expectations. Ann actually exceeded my expectations -- She is on her game! We scheduled a tasting a few months before the wedding and we were blown away. The food and its presentation is amazing. Fast-forward to the wedding day and we were blown away yet again. Ann had previously contacted each of our vendors and arranged drop-off/set-up with them, which meant less for this bride to do! The ceremony in the Chouteau Room was so unique. The chairs were arranged in a semi-circle with an aisle down the middle. It felt so intimate and we loved that! The food at the reception in the Jefferson Ballroom was spectacular and the guests had a wonderful time. My husband and I were taken care of by Linda and she was just great to have there for whatever we needed. She provided us with a platter of appetizers from the cocktail hour as well as a platter of our wedding cake to make sure we were able to enjoy all the tastes. She even fixed my dress bustle when it came undone. The entire event (ceremony + reception) was set up just as we had imagined, and breaking everything down at the end of the night was so easy since the staff did it for us. We are so grateful for the amazing staff, food, and ambiance that created such a memorable experience for us. We 100% recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Ellen J

I would give Moulin six stars if I could. We held our ceremony and reception at Moulin and it truly was perfect! The ceremony and reception space were both beautiful and needed minimal decoration. The food was delicious. The in-house wedding planner, Ann, is a dream! She made... Read More the planning process easy. She arranged all decorations, coordinated with the other vendors, and had us fully confident everything would go off without a hitch. She was able to roll with the punches and even accommodate a few last minute requests (literally last minute). On the wedding day itself, Ann and her staff handled everything! Linda, our bridal attendant, made sure I had a drink in my hand all night, made sure I ate (cake magically appeared on our table), and took care of the immediate family as well. At the end of the night, I was getting ready to pack up and she had already done so! Moulin offers a complimentary level of service that you will not find at other wedding venues. Thank you Ann, Linda, and all the staff at Moulin. We had an unforgettable wedding!

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Melissa E

WOW! We had our wedding and reception here on May 14, 2016. Our ceremony was in the Chouteau Room, followed by cocktails and appetizers in the Napoleon and Lafayette rooms, and ended in the ballroom for the reception. Ann Jones was our wedding coordinator, and she was ON IT! She... Read More made my life so easy, and responded to my many emails quickly. She was in constant communication with us, and was willing to work with us on our budget. The actual day of the wedding, Linda and Ann were both on site to help us, and I could not give them enough credit for everything they did. They seemed to know what I needed before I did, which was a welcome relief in the chaos of the day. My entire wedding party, as well as both sets of parents, were all floored with the amount of attention that was given to us. The ceremony spot was beautiful. We were married in the afternoon, so the sun was shining in, but the blinds were closed so our guests weren't blinded. Ann had everything set up exactly to my specifications, which was a relief. The appetizers we chose for the cocktail hour were the BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp, chicken and waffle bites, and the chicken tortilla cups. People were amazed at the food and staff before the reception even started. Food was hot and drinks were cold. The bartenders made the drinks perfectly... not light, but not too stiff either. The reception could not have been more perfect. When we entered the reception, Linda was kind enough to make sure that the head table had a plate of appetizers waiting for us (we were taking pictures during that time). For our meal choices, we had Chicken Herb de Provence, Grilled flatiron steak, and the stuffed portobello. Our sides were the browned butter mashed potatoes and asparagus. The wedding party got the steak, and we had requested that it be prepared medium. I always get nervous ordering steak in a public place because they tend to miss the medium mark completely, but I was proved wrong here. Everyone raved about the food, and I was thrilled with how delicious everything was. The chef even came out of the kitchen to thank us for choosing Moulin, which I thought was a great touch. At one point during the reception, my husband and I both wanted Red Bulls, but there was none in the building. We were perfectly fine and were going to choose something else, but Linda left the building and went to the gas station down the street to make sure that we got what we wanted. If that isn't going above and beyond, I don't know what is! They even loaded up my parents' car at the end of the night so my parents wouldn't have to worry about it. I cannot say enough great things about this venue. The views were gorgeous, and the food was impeccable. If you choose this venue for your reception, ceremony, or both, you will NOT be disappointed!

2016-05-28T18:16:04 Response from the vendor

AWE!!!! Thank you!!! It was our pleasure! Your friends and family where so easy and you both where a joy to plan with! Thank you!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Catherine L

Moulin was amazing! The planning process was easy with them leading up to the wedding day. They are so organized at Moulin. They made the day go incredibly smoothly. We did not have to worry about anything. Ann thought of everything! The space looked amazing. Everyone raved... Read More about the food. Linda took excellent care of us at our reception. The rest of the staff was wonderful as well. We would highly recommend having an event here!

2016-05-17T10:17:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that your day was smooth and amazing! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Wedding/Reception

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

We had our wedding at Moulin Events on September 12, 2015. We saw the Malt House Cellar and Lafayette Room and fell in love with the venue. Ann was so easy to work with and made everything run so smooth the day of the wedding. I cant say enough about her and the staff they were... Read More amazing!!! My guest still talk about how beautiful the space was and how delicious the food was. I would highly recommend Moulin Events-they made the day perfect!!!

2015-11-10T16:26:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Knottie6847861! We very much enjoyed the elegance and intimacy of your event. I truly enjoyed planning with you both and your Mom... thank you so much! ann

Our Wedding at Moulin Events

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 melissa s

We had our wedding at Moulin Events on 10/02/15. We started working with a different rep who left the company and Ann took over without missing a beat. The planning process went smooth and Ann was a great help keeping us on track and making suggestions about things we... Read More overlooked. She really knows her stuff. Plus, she is a lot of fun to work with. We had our ceremony in the Chouteau room and our reception in the Jefferson Ballroom. The ceremony was lovely and we were able to create our own backdrop they hung for us. We were able to easily hook up our phone to play our ceremony music through their speaker system too. It really help to customize our ceremony. Ann was great at coordinating things between our wedding planner and our vendors. We had passed hors d'oeuvres for an hour and a half(we chose jerk chicken flatbread, paella bites and mini sirloin sliders). They were all awesome and our guests raved about them. For the main course we had shrimp street noodles, orange chicken and a veggie fried rice. It was all delicious. Ann and her team were really great about letting us customize what we wanted to make it ours - that was really important to us. The staff working our wedding was awesome too. I heard a lot of things from our guests about how polite and attentive everyone was. Linda, my bridal attendant, was especially great. I honestly didn't expect her service but she was there for me the entire event and she was excellent. The only thing that I would change- I wish I would have got to see the lighting before the ceremony. It was fine, but just brighter than the candlelit look I had wanted. We had an area that the bride and bridesmaids could get ready and that was wonderful. Plenty of space for hair/makeup and to change. We also had mimosa and snacks. After the reception ended, we had a little after party in the 21st Street Bar and it was great. They have a really pretty outdoor patio area with a fire pit. It was a fantastic day and the team at Moulin was wonderful. It is a beautiful space and they went above and beyond to let us make it ours for the day.

2015-10-29T15:08:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much msheils! We loved hosting your event. The personal details such as the custom menu, the hand made backdrop, the desserts... just perfect! I truly enjoyed planning and working with you and wish you and Aaron all the best! ann

Great Venue and Staff!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

We had our wedding reception at Moulin in June 2015. Ann was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was very responsive and thoroughly answered all of our questions. My fiance and I live in Chicago and Ann made it so easy to plan the wedding remotely. The day of the wedding... Read More everything at Moulin went as planned (unfortunately I can't say the same for some of my other vendors). Not only were they easy to work with leading up to the big day, but the staff (especially Linda!) went out of their way to make sure my husband I didn't have to worry about a thing and could concentrate on spending time with our family and friends. Moulin was not the least expensive venue that we considered, but it was definitely worth the extra cost for the beautiful space and awesome service. Thanks to everyone at Moulin to all they did to make our day amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Christin H

This was the first place we visited for our reception venue and fell in love immediately. We booked the Jefferson Ballroom and couldn't have been happier about our decision. Ann was amazing to work with, and she made the whole planning process so easy and stress-free. She... Read More even made it a point to visit us at our reception even though there were two other weddings she was helping with on the same day. Our attendant that night was Dawn, who was exceptional - anything we needed or wanted, she was there to help. The entire staff was fantastic and so accommodating. Our guests are still talking about how much they loved the venue and dinner, and so are we! We will definitely recommend Moulin and the staff to our family and friends.

2015-10-22T16:42:06 Response from the vendor

Christin, thank you so much for your sweet words, we truly appreciate it! You both were super amazing to work with and we are honored that you celebrated with us at Moulin. (we are still talking about your dress in the office... LOVED the non-traditional... Read Less Read More

Malt House Cellar & Ann are AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Michele C

Ann helped us plan our reception at the Malt House Cellar. We looked at a lot of venues but we fell in love with Malt House and I'm glad we did because I could not have imagined working with anyone else but her to plan our special day. Ann was so organized and did everything she... Read More could to make our day stress free. I would not have changed a thing about our reception. I am so very thankful for Ann and everyone that participated in making our day perfect.

2015-10-22T13:30:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much shellybelly345, we loved having both you celebrate with us and your families! The donuts were the "icing on the cake", thank you and congrats! ann

Best day of my life!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Alyssa H

Ann and the team at Moulin Events are professional and accommodating. I am not a bride who necessarily cared about the small details and Ann was there to make sure everything was taken care of. The food was AMAZING!!! We did an hour of meats and cheese into passed appetizers and... Read More followed that with a burger slider bar. Of course dessert to finish. Every bite of food was consistent and beautifully presented. Honestly the best day of my life came true with the help of Moulin. We offered a unique experience to ours guests and we are proud to have thrown such a great cocktail reception that we know will be talked about for years to come!

2015-10-22T13:31:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Alyssa, it was truly a pleasure working with both of you! You event was a BLAST!!! Everyone had an amazing time! I wish you both all the best, congrats! ann

I love Moulin Events

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Rashida N

Where do I even begin? I have too many good things to say about this place. After moving up our wedding date by almost a year, Moulin Events was the perfect partner to help my husband and I through the chaos. Our planner, Alex, was pretty much perfect. She attentive, helpful,... Read More prompt and pretty much made us feel like we were the only couple she was working with. Even as we changed the plan the week of and opted to have not only our reception, but also our ceremony in the space, Alex went above and beyond to make it work (even decorating the space to help take one more thing off my todo list). On the day of the event Alex and her team, Amanda and Dawn were flawless, making my husband and I feel stress free the entire night. Dawn was our attendant and made sure we both ate and had a drink in hand all night, even packing us a few togo boxes. We heard nothing but positive things from our guests about the bartenders, the staff and most importantly the food. The space itself was also, in our opinion, flawless. We held our reception in Malt House Cellar (in the basement) and guests really enjoyed the look and feel of it. I truly believe the best choice I made in getting married (besides my husband) was choosing Moulin Events for the venue and catering. In fact, I'd love it if a friend of our got married there so we could enjoy it as a guest now.

2015-09-02T11:57:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much knottie8590673! We truly enjoyed hosting your friends and family and are thrilled that the night came off flawlessly! Thank you for the wonderful review and congratulations! Alex, Amanda, Dawn and the rest of the Moulin team.