Book Your Wedding with Mount Sunapee Resort

A BALLROOM IN NEWBURY, NH

For the adventurous couple seeking thrills and stunning wedding scenery, Mount Sunapee Resort is a clear choice for nuptial celebrations. Located in stunning Newbury, New Hampshire, Mount Sunapee Resort is a popular skiing and adventure destination, with plenty of attractions during the summer and winter months. With a gorgeous lodge and friendly staff, this location is a standout choice for a one-of-a-kind event.

Mount Sunapee Resort offers couples a variety of options for exchanging their vows in the beauty of nature. Celebrate your "I do's" trailside or splurge for a mountaintop ceremony that offers unbeatable views of the surrounding landscape. Guests are sure to be wowed by their lift-only access to the ceremony site and the natural beauty surrounding the ceremony area.

Sunapee Lodge. A quintessential New England-style lodge, the Sunapee Lodge is a gorgeous reception location that can fit up to 250 guests. With two stories and a mezzanine that overlooks the dance floor, there is more than enough room for everyone to dine and party comfortably. This location also features an adjoining patio and lawn area for snagging some amazing twilight photos.

Goosefeathers Pub. With room for up to 125 guests, Goosefeathers Pub at Mount Sunapee Resort is the ideal location for your rehearsal dinner. This space features a large great room with exposed beams and rustic elements for a charming scene and includes a deck for sharing cocktails and views.

An event at Mount Sunapee Resort is bound to be an amazing and unforgettable time for all involved. For couples that choose to marry at this location, staff wedding coordinators take the guesswork out of wedding planning and help provide the connections necessary to bring all of the big day's loose ends together.

Catering and bar services are provided by Mount Sunapee Resort. Couples work directly with the event coordinator to coordinate menus for their special days and can offer their guests a truly delightful meal.

Necessities, including tables, chairs, linens and dinnerware, are inclusive with the purchase of a Mount Sunapee Resort wedding package. For those hosting an outdoor ceremony, seating for 150 is provided by Mount Sunapee Resort during the ceremony.

Couples who marry at the summit must also purchase lift operation for their guests, as this is the only way to access the summit.

As one of New Hampshire's premier adventure vacation destinations, Mount Sunapee Resort offers plenty of amenities and attractions above and beyond its ceremony and reception spaces. This makes it an obvious choice for providing guests with recreational activities during the days leading up to the wedding and also offers fun options for celebrating bachelor's and bachelorette's parties. Attractions at Mount Sunapee Resort include:

• Boating
  • Mountain Biking
  • Mini Golf
  • Swimming

Unique Location, Exquisite Service

All visitors to Mount Sunapee forge their own unique bonds, but every year a select few have the opportunity to write the Mountain into the story of their lives in a way they will never forget. Mount Sunapee Resort offers the perfect location for a wedding. With the unique combination of scenic Mount Sunapee and the unparalleled beauty of the Lake Sunapee Region, Mount Sunapee is truly a year round resort. Hold your service at Mount Sunapee’s 2,743 foot summit offering spectacular views of Lake Sunapee and the White and Green mountains. Let us help you plan your perfect day! Learn more about hosting your wedding with us, call or email today!

Ballroom, Mountain, Park

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1398 Route 103, Newbury, NH (603) 763-3500
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Emily M

Mount Sunapee was the perfect venue for our wedding. We had a summit ceremony and would recommend anyone looking at the venue do the summit site. All of our guests were blown away by the view and loved the chair lift ride. When we started planning our coordinator was Rachel who... Read More was amazing unfortunately, she left halfway through our planning but Mt. Sunapee did an amazing job getting the new coordinator Lynda up to speed. Lynda was so helpful and went above and beyond the weekend of the wedding. It was such a relief being able to trust her to set everything up perfectly the day of the wedding. The lodge was wonderful we were a bit concerned about the heat given our wedding was in June and there was no AC but the breeze was perfect and no one complained about the temperature. Our day was perfect and it is in large part to the beautiful venue and amazing staff. There are so many small details you do not realize go into the wedding that Mt. Sunapee staff made so flawless, they even organized all of our items the day after our wedding for us to pick up and dealt with anything we no longer wanted for us.

2016-07-06T11:19:24 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jill R

An amazing experience from start to finish! We started with event coordinator Rachel, who got us started, and then Lynda was there for us for our big day. We had a comic book themed wedding, Lynda and the rest of the staff completely surprised us and wore costumes! My wedding... Read More was the best day of my life and I am beyond happy to have had it at Mount Sunapee. The food was excellent and the venue is just beautiful. We can't thank them enough for the perfect day.

2016-10-25T09:00:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you again for choosing Mount Sunapee! It was a great pleasure working with you. The staff had a great time dressing up for your wedding day. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. We wish you all the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Meghan L

If I could give 10 stars I would. Both Pipere and Lynda were a pleasure working with. They made the process of planning a wedding stressfree! They went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. From setting up the venue better than I could imagine to being right... Read More there when a drink was poured on my dress, they made sure everything was taken care of! I highly recommend this venue as it is beautiful all year long, and the staff is amazing!!!

2016-10-19T07:21:53 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Alex A

We got married at Mt. Sunapee in September and have been looking for the right words to say for a review but have yet to find them – even a month later! We got engaged 9 months to the day before our wedding. We went for a tour of Mt. Sunapee during the ski season and put a... Read More deposit down right away (without even seeing the view from the summit!!). We knew that the ceremony site was gorgeous from photos from other brides and the lodge was also wonderful – we booked Mt. Sunapee after only looking at one reception area. We knew this location was for us. Honestly, if you are looking for a unique, gorgeous, and truly amazing place to get married - look no further. Throughout the wedding planning process, we were kept informed, on target and calm with the help of Lynda and Pipere at Mt. Sunapee Resort. They always went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of - from phone calls to answering my questions to helping work with other vendors. The wedding week came and we met with Pipere and Lynda to drop off all of our decor items. I am honestly a type A person and pretty picky about most aspects of my life. I was sure there was no way anyone would be able to execute my dream exactly how I wanted it - boy was I wrong. Lynda and Pipere literally got absolutely everything right. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and our dream was realized. They were so calm and so helpful throughout the entire process and especially during our wedding weekend. I cannot thank them enough for their hard work and calming presence. Mt. Sunapee itself is a spectacular place to get married and even just visit. Our guests were blown away by the food, the experience of going up the mountain on a chair lift, and of course the most breath-taking views from the summit. Mt. Sunapee is SO unique in that there is so much natural beauty and you can have a laid back outdoorsy wedding but you can also have a very fancy wedding if you’d like it as well. We opted for a wedding that totally encompassed our personalities. Some aspects were very laid back and others were more traditional. A unique part of our wedding was that dinner service was upstairs on the second floor then we all moved downstairs to have the cake cutting and dancing. It offered a laid-back vibe to our reception where people didn’t feel they needed to stay at their designated table. Our guests could come and go from the first or second floor as they wished – some of the older guests opted to stay on the second floor overlooking the dancefloor as the night went on. Everything was amazing and perfect. Everything. If you are thinking about Mt. Sunapee – definitely do it! We are so happy with our decision to get married there and know you will be too!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Marley B

Gorgeous wedding venue. We got married at the summit and it was an amazing view. Staff made the day perfect for us. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding.

2017-10-24T13:12:35 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/24/2017

Mt. Sunapee did an amazing job with our wedding in June 2017! We had recently moved out of state after booking our venue and I was very nervous about putting it all together. Lynda was our event coordinator and she was amazing. Any small question I had she answered with no... Read More problem. The day before our wedding we were able to have an amazing rehearsal and drop all of our decorations off at Sunapee. Lynda and her team put everything up beautifully and even packed it all up for us to pick up the next day! She listened to all of my ideas and executed our day perfectly! Unfortunately it did rain on our wedding day and as an already nervous bride I was calling asking questions all day which Lynda had no problem answering, she even went to the top of the mountain in the rain to check on my flowers! We truly appreciated all that Sunapee's team did for us to help make our wedding go on without a hitch and make our dreams come true (even in the rain!) Also our pictures came out amazing so it was worth it! I highly recommend Mt. Sunapee Resort for any event. The venue was beautiful and truly surpassed all my hopes and dreams for our special day!

2017-10-24T13:09:43 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Jenn M

Mount Sunapee was truly amazing! Lynda was so professional and communicative throughout our entire process. She was accommodating to every request and really lended her expertise to our special day. The venue itself was setup beautifully - just how we envision. The dance floor... Read More and winkle lights really set the scene and was my favorite part! Honestly, our guests are still talking about our wedding!! My husband and I are so grateful to Mount Sunapee for their diligence, hard work and flexibility. Cliche - but we had the best day of our lives, made possible to everyone involved. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

2017-10-23T09:17:05 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Elizabeth L

Not only did we get a beautiful, sunny day on October 1,2017 we had crystal clear blue skies for our mountaintop ceremony at Mount Sunapee. It was so crystal clear they said you could see Mount Washington! It was a spectacular place to be married amongst family and friends... Read More atop a mountain with a picturesque New Hampshire fall day and Lake Sunapee in the background. The reception was equally as awesome. We had provided decorations for the venue and they were set up perfectly. I really liked how they took direction from me for décor, but also took the reins when I wasn't sure where to put certain items. It ended up looking so pretty. The food from our buffet was excellent as well! The whole day went so smoothly and on schedule. My guests have commented how neat it was to take the lift to and from the ceremony and how nice the venue was. It was a pleasure working with Lynda who was our wedding coordinator. She made sure to answer all our questions and was very helpful throughout the planning process leading up to the big day. I would highly recommend getting married here as it has provided my husband and I with lasting memories of our special wedding day at a place that we love to ski at in the winter! It really was a perfect day.

2017-10-19T15:24:01 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Julie O

I can't begin to describe how happy we are that we got married at the Mount Sunapee Resort. Not only was the support team (Lynda, Pipere, and everyone else) amazing and so nice and professional, but the venue was perfect. The mountain top ceremony site had absolutely sweeping... Read More views of the mountains and foliage, and our guests were thrilled with the chairlift experience. Once we returned back to the base for our reception, we were amazed by the magical transformation of the venue space. The twinkle lights, candles, uplighting, etc were more than we ever hoped for. From the very beginning, Lynda was an amazing support system, and we enjoyed every moment of planning our big day. All of our guests told us the next day that it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and I couldn't agree more (though I might be a little biased). I would definitely recommend that if you are looking to take your special day to the next level, Mount Sunapee Resort is the way to go!

2017-10-16T10:23:44 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Melissa D

We were so happy with our experience at Mount Sunapee! The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and I hardly had to bring any decor of my own. We had a summit ceremony that was AMAZING! Our guests all raved about the chairlift ride. We were lucky to have great weather, but even if it... Read More had rained the indoor ceremony space is so beautiful. Lynda, the event coordinator, is just wonderful to work with. She was very flexible and responsive to my tons of questions. Her team does all the setup and tear-down, so it was really minimal effort for us. The prices were pretty reasonable, and I didn't hear any complaints about the food. The one complaint I have is that the reception area got really hot as the evening went on. There is no AC in the lodge, and it was unexpectedly hot for September, but I was hoping they would have some fans going or something. A lot of our guests took their food out to the patio because it was too hot inside.

2017-10-10T08:28:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you again for choosing Mount Sunapee! It was a great pleasure working with you. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. September 17th was an unseasonably warm day. I apologize the fans were not on the floor to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Angie P

We celebrated our big day at Mt. Sunapee this past Memorial Day weekend and we could not have made a better decision! Our summit ceremony was everything we wanted and then some! The chairlift ride up took the excitement up a notch and built up the anticipation even more. The... Read More views at the top were absolutely breathtaking and made for incredible photos. The wooden benches and arbor provided by Sunapee added a rustic elegance and helped us create the vibe and atmosphere we were going for. The views on the chairlift down were beautiful and gave our guests many photo ops. We rode down to our cocktail hour and reception which had in the main Sunapee Lodge. The Coordinator, Lynda, and her team did a phenomenal job decorating the lodge with both decorations they provide and our decorations we brought. Everything looked exactly as we envisioned! The food was delicious too! The guests were raving about the appetizers and the dinner far exceeded normal "wedding food." We would recommend Mt. Sunapee to anyone getting married or looking for a great venue for any event! Thank you, Mt. Sunapee for our perfect day!!!

2017-09-05T10:58:05 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Jesse S

Our experience working with Mount Sunapee Resort for our wedding was simple, easy, and everything we could have asked for. When searching for venues, we found that each place we looked at seemed to have a few things that we liked, and a few things that we weren’t crazy about.... Read More When we looked at Mount Sunapee, we were both able to walk away with nothing but positive thoughts, it was an obvious pick. They were easily able to support our larger wedding (invited around 190-200, ended up with about 150-160), and they gave us plenty of options. We were married outdoors at the base of the mountain, but you can also have the option to get married at the top, or if it rains there is also plenty of room inside the lodge, which features really nice wood paneling and lighting. We were comfortable with the choice weather it rained or not. We went with a buffet style food, although they do offer plated dinners as well, and we thought the food was amazing. With both of us having plenty of picky eaters in our families, we didn’t hear a single bad thing about the food, in fact, we heard about how good it was from our guests as they were leaving. In terms of lodging, there are two gorgeous hotels, along with a great pub right at the base of the mountain, and both of them (they are connected) gave us room blocks for the wedding. The staff is very friendly and made it super easy, they responded to all of our questions and concerns, they walked us through everything step by step, they set the venue up and broke it down for us, and overall just made us feel really happy and good about the place that we chose. I would recommend this venue to anybody for any event.

2017-08-08T13:59:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you again for choosing Mount Sunapee! It was a great pleasure working with you. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. We wish you all the best in the years to come! Pipere and Lynda

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Kiera M

We had an amazing time at our reception at Mount Sunapee Resort. It's a very cool venue with the dinner floor above the dance floor. The outdoor patio was an awesome setting for the cocktail hour and gave guests a chance to relax in a quieter setting. The staff was wonderful... Read More and always willing to help with anything. We would definitely recommend any couple to have their reception at Mount Sunapee!

2017-08-02T08:21:32 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Kristen A

We are extremely happy we chose Mt. Sunapee as our wedding venue! The views are amazing up there. And no matter what weather you get, every ceremony setting is beautiful. Lynda and Piper were awesome to work with! They answered all of our questions leading up to the wedding... Read More day, and never made us feel like we were a bother. (And I am sure meanwhile they had other couples’ sending emails/calling with similar questions). They had patience with us and even helped to guide us in the right direction when we needed help/input. The resort is decorated beautifully for a wedding. I loved how the team set up my centerpieces and decorations. It was nice that they took care of the setting up for us! I loved the food! And to be quite honest, I don’t say that often when I go to weddings. I would 100% recommend Mt. Sunapee to future couples!

2017-07-27T13:50:51 Response from the vendor

It was our great pleasure to work with you! We wish you all the best in the years to come. Pipere and Lynda

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Jacqueline D

The food was great, they were flexible with the details to meet our needs, and the location was absolutely beautiful. We are so happy that we went with Sunapee!

2017-07-10T10:42:14 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Linda J

On a beautiful October day we said 'I do' to each other at Mt Sunapee Lodge. A day that we will never forget and a day that was all what had planned it to be, and so much more. A lot of planning had gone into the day and we were happy to see it all come together. With kind... Read More guidance from the staff at Mt Sunapee, we had decided to go with our ceremony outside - only 20% risk of rain. It was absolutely perfect and the mild drizzling felt like magic dust that day. Without their kind guidance I would never had dared to have the ceremony outside, but they made the decision easy, and it was the absolutely right decision. Mt Sunapee and its friendly staff set the stage perfectly. Everything we had discussed was in place, and the only thing we had to think about was partying with our guests. The food and drinks received high praises from our guests, and the staff was attentive, friendly and professional. Thank you to Lynda, Piper and their teams for being part of our big day and an even bigger thank you for making it a day we will never forget!

2016-11-21T09:12:10 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kelsey M

We could not of asked for a better venue for our wedding. The staff was amazing, the food was incredible and the "home" feeling made our day feel like no other. We would highly recommend anyone to have their wedding at Mount Sunapee. They catered to everything we needed and... Read More never did we feel like we were just another wedding they were having.

2016-10-31T09:50:26 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Colleen H

Our wedding at Sunapee was a dream come true! Lynda was excellent and had the entire place set up exactly as we had discussed the day before. She was so organized and dealt with organizing all the vendors as well. I would absolutely have my wedding at Sunapee all over again. The... Read More wait staff was so accommodating as well. We had a small medical emergency and the entire Sunapee staff handled the entire situation with such professionalism. I can't say enough good things about our wedding experience and our guests have told us on several occasions this was the best wedding they had ever been too!

2016-10-31T09:52:20 Response from the vendor

8-30-2015

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Colleen S

My husband Tom & I fell in love with the lodge when we were skiing at Mount Sunapee so when it came time to pick a venue we searched around but kept coming back to our love for the lodge at Mount Sunapee. Rachel was very present and helpful throughout the entire planning... Read More process, all my questions and requests she quickly and thoughtfully got back to me. I had specific dietary requirements for my entire wedding (100% nut free). The cooking staff and Rachel went above and beyond to make sure that it was 100% safe for my guests with allergies. They sent pictures of labels of all the ingredients in the menu Tom & I chose to allow us to double check and make sure there would be no contamination or risk the day of. The food was delicious and I keep hearing from guests how delicious the food was (and affordable might I add!) They cleaned up for us and packaged all center pieces and decorations, it was easy the next day to stop in and quickly pick them up. My only two complaints are; 1. The staff seemed annoyed when we were running late.. its a wedding, that's normal, things happen. 2. In all the paperwork I received it did not mention that koozies would not be allowed to be used (these were my favors). I set them out at rehearsal and was informed then that they could not be used there...I wouldn't have spent money on a favor that couldn't be used there... so I set them out so guests could take them but come to find out they were put away until the end of my reception so many guests didn't even receive one. (The reason for 4 stars overall and in service instead of 5).

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

On September 12 we celebrated the marriage of our daughter Abigail Dickey to Adam Duke. The reception took place at the Mount Sunapee Lodge. The future bride and groom and the maid of honor had stopped by the Lodge one year ago to take a look and were met by Rachel Benoit.... Read More Even though in the midst of setting up for a current wedding, Rachel took a moment to show them around and encouraged them to come back the following weekend for a more extensive look. They were so impressed with Rachel¹s welcoming approach to their unplanned visit and the venue that they did and the rest is history. Whenever we met or communicated with Rachel during the course of the year, including at the well-attended. Tasting, each of us always felt we received her total attention and as if we were her only client. She received ideas with enthusiastic support, while sensitively adding her own with a mind toward guiding us away from possible pitfalls. She was always available and pleasant, even with unplanned visits. It seemed Rachel¹s mission was to deliver 100% and she implemented all requests to perfection. In short, Rachel is the consummate professional and a great ambassador for Mount Sunapee. My husband and I just want to thank the Management for the wonderful venue you have presented the public with for special occasions. It has a wonderful capacity for the rustic and elegant to work complimentarily and all within the beauty of the New Hampshire mountains. Wedding guests loved having the entire building to enjoy and found the venue simply stunning!

Simply Stunning Venue & Wedding

2015-10-28T10:54:37 Response from the vendor

I am so beyond grateful for your kind words! It was a true pleasure working with your entire family on making Abbey & Adam's day come to fruition. We wish them both all the love & happiness for the all the years to come.

Mount sunapee resort wedding ceremony and reception

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jessica H

My (now) husband and I were looking for a venue to hold both our wedding ceremony and reception. We are both outdoorsy, we love hiking and snowboarding and spend most of our free time in the mountains. We wanted to make our promises and start the rest of our life somewhere... Read More that would best fit our relationship, this lead us to the idea of a mountain top wedding. We did lots of research and went to many venues without any luck. The difficult part was the size of our guest list and the price of most venues were so far above our budget. We were in the Newbury NH area when we decided to peak in and look at sunapee. The moment we walked into the lodge (which was still set up from a wedding the night before) we knew without question that this would be the place we would get married. Anxiously we reached out to the sunapee events planner for more details, they responded quickly with all of the details that helped us finalize our decision. The day could not have been anymore perfect. As the bride I did not have to stress about details because the events planners took care of everything. The lodge was stunning, many guests assumed we paid a fortune which was funny because it was one of the most affordable Venues we came across. The views from the mountain top were incredible with mountains and lake sunapee, our pictures look like we photoshopped a backdrop. We had many last minute changes and mount sunape was so flexible and worked with us to make sure everything ended up perfect. The next morning we went zip lining and did the ropes course at sunapee, this was just another benefit or getting married at the resort, it made for a fun getaway for us and our guests. I was over joyed by the way our day turned out and would 100% recommend mount sunapee resort to future brides and grooms!

2015-10-27T11:25:38 Response from the vendor

It was so wonderful working with the both of you and meeting all your friends & family. Thank you again for choosing Mount Sunapee as 'Your Mountain Getaway' wedding destination and for the wonderful review! Looking forward to seeing you when the snow flies!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Marybeth B

We just got married on the Fourth of July at Mount Sunapee and could not be happier with our wedding ceremony and reception! Rachel the wedding coordinator was fantastic to work with. She is there for you every step of the way despite the millions of questions you might have as... Read More a bride! Everyone told us how much they loved the food and the venue itself! The overall pricing was extremely reasonable as well. If you are looking for a rustic theme or love skiing or snowboarding then I would highly recommend Mount Sunapee as your location! We are truly sad that it is all over!

2015-07-21T07:57:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you again for choosing Mount Sunapee MB! It was a great pleasure working with you both. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting all your friends and family and are delighted to hear they enjoyed themselves. We look forward to seeing you both when the snow flies!

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 angelique a

We could not be happier with our event at Mount Sunapee!! Rachel was amazingly helpful throughout the process, even sending along vendor suggestions when I was hitting a wall with research. Our wedding day could not have been more perfect, Rachel handled the location change... Read More for the ceremony (darn rain!) perfectly, our guests all noted how simple it was to find the right place to go, in spite of it having been changed earlier that morning. I HIGHLY recommend Sunapee and their staff if you want a beautiful, rustic location for your wedding. The food and service that night was impeccable, we wouldn't change a thing about the day. Thank you to Rachel and staff for helping coordinate the best. day. ever. We can't wait to return for a ski trip :). Angelique & Jesse

2014-11-05T15:24:23 Response from the vendor

Angelique it was an absolute pleasure working with you & Jesse--we are thrilled you had a wonderful time. It was great to be apart of your special day and meet all your family and friends. We look forward to seeing you both on the slopes!

Meet The Director of Sales

Pipere Sailer

Congratulations on your engagement! Mount Sunapee offers exceptional culinary options, gorgeous banquet facilities, onsite ceremony locations with stunning views and first rate service. Our events team is here to assist you through the entire planning process from choosing vendors, menu selection and all the pretty little details. Let us help you plan your perfect day!