Is this your business? claim it now

Mountain Cove Farms

Chickamauga, GA

Mountain Cove Farms

856 Dougherty Gap Rd., Chickamauga, GA

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Holli C

If you want to do business with a woman who has spent her career lying and stealing land from walker county public then this is the place for you. Bebe Heiskell Walker County Commissioner has stolen land before and no one will do anything. The State Reps turn a blind eye to the local corruption and so does the local GBI office. Lafayette and Chickamauga are dumps the only jobs left here are government jobs who steal local children. Tread carefully in this corrupt poor run down town. The poor locals are the least of your worries. No telling what will happen if you cross any local government worker.

Beautiful outdoor venue!

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Brooke P

We had an outdoor ceremony here in June and it was absolutely gorgeous! The farm is nestled between two mountains (Pigeon & Lookout), and it is just stunning. Some of our out of town guests actually stayed in cabins located on the property too, which was really convenient for them! Love this place! It's one of the more affordable places we found in North Georgia and Morgan, the lady in charge of events, was fairly easy to work with although was hard to reach at times when we had questions, etc. Also, trying to get our security deposits back on the venue & house/cabin rental has been a nightmare. It's been almost two months and still no deposit. Other than that it's a truly beautiful place for a wedding and the price is good.

Lovely in every way!

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Marie H

What a beautiful venue! I had never seen this place until my best friend decided to get married there just a few weeks ago. She had her wedding outside under a tree with the mountains in the background, rented the fabulous house for us all to stay in and had her reception in the big white barn. It was tranquil and peaceful out there. The staff were great and had the place perfect for her big day. My husband and I look forward to many short get always at this location. Thank you Mountain Cove Farms for such a great weekend!

BEAUTIFUL venue...horrendous service

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Crystal W

My husband and I found this venue and booked in October 2011 for our wedding this past May (2012). In 7 months of planning, the coordinator/director changed 3 times and every time the policies (what we were allowed to do, what we could expect them to do) changed. We ended up speaking to 4 different people who were supposedly "in charge." Each time, I found out about the hand off because I called the last person I had spoken to with a question about something else and was told that they were no longer in charge. I even had to hunt down the new person in charge. And each time I had to re-haggle with the new person on important details and if they were willing to honor the commitments made by the previous coordinator/director. Weddings are stressful enough getting all of your ducks in a row without the ducks continuously moving around. The first change happened 4 months before the wedding. The last happened less than 2 weeks. I had to insist on getting a contract (from coordinator/director #2) and then it was informal and didn't include important details. There was no written material whatsoever. The last coordinator/director was rude and unprofessional. He called me "wishy washy" after he misinterpreted a question I had about the barn windows, said he doesn't "do email" when I referred to my email about the windows to clear up the misunderstanding, interrupted me repeatedly, and then talked over me loudly. He also lied to my mother and husband, trumping up his authority and position in county government (he said he was the Commissioner of Walker County, when indeed, he is the County Coordinator). When I complained about this treatment, he indicated that I should be happy with it because of what we paid for the barn rental. The amount we paid is what we were originally quoted by the 1st coordinator/director and subsequent persons "in charge" agreed to honor that price. The original price included the rental and a wedding coordinator to help with arrangements throughout the planning process and coordination the day of. In the end, we received no help planning or coordination services at all. On the contrary, I did all of the arrangements myself and felt like Mountain Cove Farms was working against me. I suppose the one positive thing I can say about the service...when the property changed hands 4 months before our wedding, at least they were willing to keep us on the books for our date and honor the price we were quoted. In those 4 months, they also added a lot of amenities to the property that made it a much better venue, even though it was very nerve racking not knowing when said improvements would be done and what the venue would look like on our wedding day. At any rate, it is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL location in any season. And one would be hard pressed to find such a beautiful location and venue for the price. However, be forewarned that in the area of service and peace of mind, you get what you pay for.

2012-08-24T15:12:53 Response from Brittney , the member

We are trying to get a hold of this place a lady said they would give us a call back Monday sometime. She could not even give me prices. Could you tell me what the cost is to rent a venue there. It would be... Read Less Read More

TO Mountain Cove Farms