Mt Woodson/ Amy Strong Castle

San Diego, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Mt Woodson/ Amy Strong Castle Information

An Amazing Special Event Venue located at the base of Mt Woodson. A 1921 Historical Castle that can host up to 450 guests for wedding, corporate events and company picnics. We offer an All-inclusive Package that Includes: Venue for Ceremony & Reception, Private Bride’s & Groom’s Dressing Rooms, Children’s Playroom ,Professional Castle Staff , On Site Venue Coordinator, Culinary Staff, & Wait Staff Included to Ensure all the Event Details Tray Passed Hors D’ Oeuvres, Castle Buffet and Beverage Station. , Complimentary Cake Cutting & Corkage of Client’s Champagne for Toast All Setup, Service and Cleanup , Decorated Buffet Stations White Resin Folding Chairs for Ceremony & Reception Dining Tables, Floor Length Linens & Color Coordinated Napkins, China, and Glassware and More!!!

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom, Castle, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

16302 N. Woodson Drive , San Diego, CA (858) 638-0672

This place rocks!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Melissa D

We got married at The Castle on September 20, 2014. From the moment I laid eyes on this place, I knew I had to get married there. All other choices faded away immediately. Besides the fact that the location is drop dead gorgeous, the thing that sets this apart from other... Read More venues is the coordinator, Iman. She was beyond amazing. She answered every question promptly and professionally. Without her, the wedding would not have been so fabulous. The food was to die for!!! I can't tell you how many people mentioned it was the best wedding they had ever been to, the best food at a wedding (Personal Touch is the mandated catering company), and the most gorgeous setting. Iman took care of us from head to toe ... even tied the corset on my dress! There was no detail too small or too large for Iman to handle. The other thing I have to mention is the great value of the venue. I pretty much looked at every venue in SD county and this was the most beautiful and the best value. If you are considering this venue, pull the trigger ASAP! Please contact me directly if you'd like any additional details! I can't say enough good things about Iman.

Perfect

Reviewed on 5/03/2014 Tina B

The coordinator, and all of the amenities, made everything so easy! It was the perfect location for our Scottish wedding. I'm so glad we used them!

Amazing Venue!! Magical :)

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Breanne S

I loved having my wedding at Mt.Woodson! The whole venue is magical & does not need much decoration as it has it's own beautiful landscape. The team was very pleasant and quick to respond to my MANY emails. There were a couple issues they had with me having a wedding planner... Read More that they failed to talk to me about until they mentioned it to my Mom the day before the wedding... But other than that, communication & everything else was great!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Haley J

This venue is absolutely amazing! It is the perfect spot to have a wedding with so much natural beauty it has to offer. We had our wedding there a couple of weeks ago and I felt like I was in a dream. I could not be happier with our choice to go with the castle! Also, Iman and... Read More her team are so incredible. They had everything covered and did such an incredible job transforming the castle into what I had pictured for our big day. I can't thank them enough for everything!

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Maegan R

This review is way overdue! I cannot say enough good things about the venue, Iman, everything! First of all, Iman knows her stuff. She was very organized thought of everything in the planning stages. The venue itself is just MAGICAL! Straight out of a fairy tale. The fact that... Read More it is all-inclusive saved me so much headache. From the minute we arrived, I felt completely taken care of. Their food is ah-may-zing. I got so many compliments on the food. Did I mention open bar? If your friends like to drink, this is the spot for you. I can't believe how magical the day was and how incredible Iman and her staff was in making everything go so smoothly. Lastly, the value for the price is outstanding. I cannot rave enough about Mt Woodson.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Heaven N

We absolutely loved everything about the Mt Woodson Castle! My husband and I stumbled upon it since he grew up in Ramona and we are so glad we did. Iman was such an amazing coordinator/everything else. Every time I even got close to worrying, she would just say "I got it" and... Read More all worries were gone. We had our ceremony and reception outside and it was flawless. We hardly needed any flowers because we were surrounded by beautiful nature. The only thing I would've changed was that I wish it was longer! I would highly recommend paying to have the venue an hour longer than the 5 hours that the package comes with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jessica P

We had our wedding on October 16, 2106 at Mt Woodson Castle. I cannot say enough positive things about this venue. From the location, backdrop, venue coordinator (Iman) to the second I saw this place, I was in love and knew this was where I was going to get married. It was the... Read More first venue we looked at and had many other locations booked for tours, none of them compared to Mt. Woodson. Everyone I showed could not believe how beautiful it was. Everything you need is all in one location and makes planning a wedding that much easier. I went to school for Wedding and Event planning and knew it was not an easy task to plan, but with this place it made it a breeze. Of course I wanted my day to be perfect and sent numerous emails to Iman where she was always so quick to respond and made this whole process so much easier. Come time for the wedding day, as much as you anticipate everything, lets be real nothing is perfect and something is bound to go wrong… Well if it did I never knew! Iman was a rock star that day and went above and beyond what I had expected. She made my day absolutely perfect and added so much more to my décor to give it that extra touch. She was on top of everything the entire day and was making sure I had everything I needed. She even came up and helped Bustle my dress. This venue truly is one of a kind; everything is included and taken care of at such a great price. You won’t find that anywhere else.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jemie Lyn T

Beautiful and wonderful venue to have your wedding at. We received so many compliments. Iman and her staff were amazing and very professional!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Morgan G

We got married in August 2016 at Mt. Woodson Castle and are so happy we chose this place! The Personal Touch and Mt. Woodson Castle staff were incredible to work with. Everything is designed to move seamlessly from the moment you book with them, and we felt at ease throughout... Read More the whole process. The food from Personal Touch was great (we really loved the appetizers) and we really enjoyed working with Iman, the Mt. Woodson coordinator. Having everything on site is really convenient ( we did an Oak Trees Ceremony) and the bridal suite was beautiful! We also really liked that we were able to save some money and bring in our own alcohol. Our wedding night was perfect- Mt. Woodson provided the most amazing backdrop and the professionalism of the Personal Touch Dining team shined. We are still hearing from our guests about how amazing the venue was- we would definitely recommend it to a friend!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Jordan R

I had my wedding at Mt. Woodson Castle this past April, and everything about it exceeded our expectations. We made a visit and knew from that day we would be getting married there. The prices are affordable in comparison to other venues around San Diego. We were lucky to have... Read More Iman as our day-of coordinator, which is a huge perk to have a built in day-of coordinator when booking this venue. If I could give any piece of advice to future brides-to-be it would be to have a day-of coordinator, especially one as excellent as Iman. She was always on top of things throughout our entire 15 month engagement. Emails would typically have a response within the day, which is huge when planning a wedding! Everyone at our wedding commented on how together she was and how smoothly the entire day went. Thank you, Iman!!! Mt. Woodson allowed us to have many upgrades in terms of chairs, chargers, and dining options to fit what we were looking for. You're able to add on extra time, and for us this was big! The beauty of Mt. Woodson blew all of our friends and family away. It's nice to find a venue where you need minimal additions due to how remarkable everything is. Personal Touch Dining is the catering company that works with Mt. Woodson and they're phenomenal! I'm a huge foodie and their presentation,quality, and taste of their food was excellent. We had a seated dinner where guests could choose from filet, salmon, or portobello napoleon. Our guests loved the appetizers as well! Everyone working was extremely friendly during our wedding day. We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Stacy C

I am very unhappy with this venue. I have tried to contact them for months through email, phone and Facebook. Eventually, my fiancee called them and left a message (because they never answer their phone.) They called her back almost immediately and then emailed her to set... Read More something up. After this, they finally emailed me back saying that they had tried to contact me several times to set something up, but that I had never responded; I never received any sort of communication from them. In an email to her, they offered two days to set something up, so we asked to set up a time for one of the days they offered because my brother/MOH was going to be in town. They responded saying that they were booked for the next two weeks. I'm not sure how anyone ever gets in contact with them, but I am very disappointed and would never feel comfortable working with them at this point. I hope no one else has to have an experience like this with them. I hope the location is as beautiful as the pictures.

2015-12-19T01:09:07 Response from the vendor

We are sorry you had this experience with us. We never want potential clients to feel we are not providing outstanding customer service. When you first contacted us for information in August, we sent our brochure via email twice. In November and December, our Venue... Read Less Read More

Beautiful/antique. 100guest

Reviewed on 11/15/2014

Amazing venue! Little decor needed. Coordinator Iman was so helpful, so detailed, and organized! The day of the weeding was 100% stress free because she took care of business! Kept track of time for me and help made transitions go very smootly. I got married on a chilli day and... Read More the best part about this venue is that my guest had full access to the inside of the mansion so everyone kept warm and happy! It also has a kids playroom!