Is this your business? claim it now

Multicultural Arts Center

Banquet/Reception Hall, Mansion/Historic Site, Museum/Gallery

41 2nd St, Cambridge, MA

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 4/24/2013 Meredith G

I was set on finding an art related setting (museum etc.) with potential for an outdoor ceremony close to downtown Boston for my wedding. The Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center was exactly what I was looking for. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw pictures of the ceiling. I began working with Amanda, who was very helpful and informative. About four months before my wedding, Amanda left and Nicole took over. The staff transition was seamless. I understand that the position has changed and Nicole works part time ~which meant she wasn't able to get back to emails quite as quickly, but all of this was communicated to me before I was left wondering and there were no issues or problems at all. Jeff was the staff on site for the day of the event. He was so great and kept everything running smoothly. One super helpful detail about the CMAC is that right now they only allow one event per weekend, which meant we could drop off decorations etc. the day before during the rehearsal and pick them up the following Monday. I am so happy we found the CMAC it is a beautiful and unique site, with professional and friendly staff.

Absolutely stunning!

Reviewed on 12/27/2012 michelle e

I couldn't have been more satisfied with this venue. Amanda is wonderful and so helpful with her knowledge of the venue. I was looking for a venue that was not your typical hall or hotel and the CMAC was so historically beautiful and the grand room with its high ceilings was the perfect reception option.

A Gorgeous Setting

Reviewed on 5/22/2011 Melissa F

Very affordable, super elegant without being over the top, beautiful building and grounds, really friendly and accommodating staff...we couldn't have been happier with the place we picked for our big day, it was perfect!

Gorgeous Site

Reviewed on 1/18/2011 Carrie K

I am so happy we chose the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center (CMAC) for our wedding ceremony and reception venue. We worked with Amanda and Tori (now since departed) for the planning and set-up and with Jeff who was on-site on the wedding day itself. They were complete professionals and made the rental and planning experience very easy. Jeff coordinated with our band and DJ and helped them set up for an amazing night of music and dancing. The site speaks for itself – its gorgeous. We got married outside in Centanni Way Park surrounded by historic, brick buildings. The ceiling in the theater space is breathtaking and our entrance down the stairway inside was unforgettable. We used the upstairs gallery for our cocktail hour. The variety of spaces and sites all within the CMAC was really appealing to us and made for an unforgettable event.

Review for Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center

Reviewed on 9/05/2008 Betsy R

CMAC is an unusual space that's got modern art in a traditional Cambridge locale. The theater space has a beautiful ceiling and decorations and the art galleries were great for the bar. Plus the kids could run around in the courtyard outside. People couldn't stop raving about it.;We chose to use an iPod rather than a DJ and the timing with the site manager was a little rough. I wish we had been able to meet with him in person but as our contact person was different the communication got a little messy.

TO Multicultural Arts Center