Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The ballrooms have a classic contemporary setting, 16-feet-plus ceilings, hanging crystal chandeliers, and fine wood trim details that delicately blend with the cream colored walls. Also, each of the ballrooms has a private reception entrance and a cocktail foyer. Although similar in design, the Marriott ballroom is twice the size of the Mystic ballroom, making it ideal for relatively larger events.

The north lawn offers a fascinating view of the hotel’s manicured grounds, lush gardens, well-spaced trees and elegant buildings. With neatly arranged white chairs and petal covered grass; brides are accorded a classical walk down the aisle. The north lawn’s outdoor setting makes it ideal for quality photography.

As part of the wedding package, the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa offers reduced accommodation rates for both guests and couples. The venue sets aside a block of rooms based on the anticipated number of guests. Guests can reserve these rooms through calling the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa or through a specific Web page link dedicated to the couple’s wedding. However, all room reservations should be done a month prior to the event date.

In the menu, couples can choose from a variety of butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, soups, appetizers, and both local and international cuisines. Special meal arrangements can be made upon request. On the other hand, the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa offers options of food stations, buffet-style or plated dinners. However, buffet-style dinners require a minimum of 15 guests.

The Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa has an enhanced salon, modern spa services and a range of fitness amenities. These enables overnight guests and couples to relax before and after the event date.

Apart from the common amenities such as tables, chairs, kitchenware and linen. The Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa provides a private room for the bridal party and cocktail hour. This room has audio entertainment facilities to spice up the event. Additional amenities provided by Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa include:

• Deluxe accommodation for bride and groom
  • Votive candles
  • Open bar option with standard liquor

We love love! Your happiness is our speciality

Two elegantly appointed ballrooms are perfect for your Connecticut Wedding. Dedicated wedding expert. Exquisite service and cuisine create an unforgettable experience. Overnight accommodations for you and your guests. Full service Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. Octagon Steakhouse & Starbucks!

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

625 North Road Route 117, Groton, CT (860) 326-0368

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

On May 15, 2015 The Mystic Marriott Hotel and Spa made everything we could have hope and dreamed for our wedding come to life. Amanda and her team's attention to detail was absolutely impeccable and better than I could have ever imagined. She was able to take our vision and turn... Read More it into a reality! There were never any problems or hiccups. Amanda or one of her staff was always within view of us and if we needed anything they were over to us within seconds. The food and service were awesome. I would recommend this venue in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kimberly D

My husband and I got married last December and we chose to have our reception at the Mystic Marriott. We knew after meeting Amanda Toner that this was the place for us! Let me tell you, this woman is INCREDIBLE. Amanda made sure that she was in constant contact with us... Read More throughout the planning process and ensured that everything we selected was exactly how we wanted it. Not only that, but she and the staff went above and beyond on every detail (including adorable small details) the day of the wedding! We never had to worry that anything would go wrong or not be taken care of. The reception was AMAZING and everything turned out better than we could have imagined because of everything Amanda and the staff at the Marriott did. Our friends and family are STILL raving about the Marriott and everything they did for my husband and I. The accommodations, food, and staff are the best around. We feel so blessed that we were able to meet Amanda and work with her. She was an integral part of our special day and it would not have been the same without her and the incredible staff at the Mystic Marriott!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Bryan R

I'll be as objective as possible here: my wedding was the best wedding I've ever been to. As the groom, I only had two concerns: the best food, top-shelf booze. My wife and in-laws did most of the heavy lifting for our wedding. My involvement only came toward the end and when I... Read More met Amanda, I told her about my requirements, but she was already on it. What a pleasure it was to finally meet her and when she got me up to speed on everything, I was blown away. The whole experience she created with us and for us was *unparalleled.* Whatever she said would happen and how it would happen, came to pass. She was there through it all, making sure the best wedding I've ever been to was just that. Every aspect that needed coordination was perfect but the venue that served as the canvas was the Marriott, and Amanda, and all the staff she worked with, made it a masterpiece. We felt like VIPs the entire time, through our stay, our time at the spa, and every moment through our wedding. It helped that we found the best band ever (Sugar!) and that our wedding cake was the best ever (thanks Cake Lady!), but truly, the Marriott prepared the BEST wedding meal I've ever had, EVER! The steak, the fish, and yes, even the chicken (with risotto!) were all amazing, 5 stars each! The next time we swing by, we'll give Amanda the heads up so we can experience these Epicurean delights once more. Oh yeah, the booze rocked too! ;) Thank you Amanda! Thank you Marriott! We'll see you soon!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Bryan R

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alissa R

I was married at the Mystic Marriott in May 2016 and it was the dream wedding for which I had always hoped. I grew up in the area and always knew I wanted to get married there because I was having a large wedding and the Marriott is by far the most beautiful venue that can host... Read More such a large party. From the moment we started plannning up until the day of and through the entire weekend, everything was perfect. Amanda Toner was the best wedding coordinator and really made sure everything ran smoothly. I would not have changed anything. She and the hotel were very accommodating and everything from the ceremony, cocktail hour, party, and after party was amazing. I would give a ten star rating.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Angelina T

The Mystic Marriott helped make my dream wedding come true!! I was very traditional with a huge, Long, bright gown and wanted to be a princess with my large Italian family all there with me. .. and the Marriott helped to accommodate everything I needed!! The ballroom was large... Read More enough for all 30 tables I needed and it the floor plan was set exactly how I wanted it! The food was customized to every course the way I asked for.. including the amazing cocktail hour that was enough food to feed everyone for the entire night!! The guests were amazed that they still got to sit for 4 course meal following that!! Everything was perfect down to the dessert display and the gelato bar later in the night !! The bars were easy access for all the guests and they had short or no line at all for the guests to wait at!! In addition, The pink uplighting matched my centerpeices perfectly!! I could go on and on, but most importantly NONE of this would have been possible without the amazing help and work by Amanda Toner!! She was fabulous and worked with us on every single detail! Her hard work really shined through and ended with an amazing night for us!! Thank you to the Marriott!! The service was excellent and it really proves to pick a place with such great experience for your wedding venue, instead of being disappointed you can be happy they exceeded your expectations!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Annabelle Rae C

The Mystic Marriott was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. Amanda Toner was helped us on every step of the process and was even able to accommodate last-minute requests. She was also present the day of our reception to make sure that everything flowed smoothly, which... Read More it did. The food was AMAZING! Our guests could not stop raving about the excellent and memorable dinner that they had. Portions were enormous! We recommend the pork chops and lobster bisque. Thank you Amanda and Mystic Marriott for making our wedding weekend very memorable!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Megin P

The Mystic Marriott was the perfect place for our wedding. Amanda Toner and the entire Mystic Marriott Team made sure every aspect of our special day was executed perfectly. We received many compliments on the food and the excellent service. It was convenient to have the... Read More rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception, farewell breakfast and sleeping rooms all in one place! Thank you for making our special day one we will never forget. -- The Walden Ponds

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Sara M

We had our wedding reception at the Mystic Marriott with the help of Amanda and the incredible staff that responded to our every wish. We were shocked at how easy, fun and stress free our experience was as a result of the staff and wedding coordinators being one step ahead of... Read More everything. They truly cared about giving us a memorable experience, and we were so proud to host our friends and family at this beautiful hotel. Even the food at our reception and at the hotel restaurant is some of the best I have ever had. I would so highly recommend this to any bride who wants a beautiful event with minimal stress. Your guests will rave about it for years to come.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Juli B

We had the most amazing day thanks to Amanda Toner and the Mystic Marriott. Amanda was so patient through our MANY questions and requests and was an absolute pleasure to work with. She went out of her way to make sure every detail was perfect and the night was flawless; from our... Read More customized dinner menu to the accommodations for the wedding party suite. We had some complicated and labor-intensive decorations for our ballroom, and the staff at the Marriott took care of everything. The room looked incredible! Guests raved about the food both for the reception and at the after party that took place in the Octagon. It was an amazing night where we did not have to worry about a single detail. I highly recommend the Marriott for anyone planning a wedding in the area. We loved it!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Angela L

We had an amazing experience with the Mystic Marriot. Everything was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better day. We had the first full wedding in the octagon (the restaurant that is attached to the hotel). The ceremony took place on the grassy area outside,... Read More the cocktail hour on the patio adjacent to that and the reception was inside the restaurant. We had a made to order burger bar and BBQ and everything was delicious. Amanda and her staff were such a pleasure to work with. They made the entire process super easy to do. We would recommend them 100x over. My husband and I can't stop saying how perfect the day was! Definitely recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Emily L

Thank you Mystic Marriott for helping us have the wedding of our dreams! Every single detail was perfect - our guests raved about the food and the service team all night! It was an unforgettable evening, thanks to the wonderful service team (particularly Captains Dave & Danielle... Read More who took excellent care of us!), the chef and kitchen team and especially our event coordinator, Amanda Toner! We couldn't be more impressed with or grateful for all the hard work and enthusiasm shown by the entire Marriott team. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kelsey G

My Wedding day was everything I had imagined and more! Not only was the venue gorgeous and had plenty of space for my large wedding, Amanda Toner was such a joy to work with. She was always so calm and answered all of my millions of questions. I could not have done it without... Read More her. Thank you for making my once in a lifetime moment, unforgettable.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Dorca J

Amanda toner was absolutely amazing she did an excellent job in our wedding. Mystic Marriott exceeded my expectations. The food was also amazing and we received so many compliment on how everything was organized and presented. Overall my day was perfect. Thank you Amanda and... Read More there rest of the Mystic Marriott staffs for making my day so memorable.. Dorca & Andre wedding day 7/10/2016

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Margie B

We had our daughter’s wedding at the Mystic Marriott on 8/29/15. Living in SF, CA we did not expect the same sort of attention, service, execution or level of food – BOY WERE WE MISTAKEN! Firstly, the staff support was amazing from the initial organization to the serving of... Read More the food to clean up! We would recommend you getting Amanda Toner as your Event Manager. She has the best personality, follow thru and suggestions. She was a godsend during a very emotional event and is fun to be around. As mother of the bride she made my job so much easier. The ceremony was on the Octagon Padio – very pretty. We had beautifully covered chairs - that really dressed the setting up! The hotel has a great set-up to ensure the bride and bridesmaids are not seen before the ceremony. Make sure you check where the sun is for the time of day you plan to have the event. Our cocktail hour was outside of the Mystic Ballroom. At first I thought this would be very pedestrian BUT with the bar, tables, lighting it was actually very elegant. The food was fantastic and having it passed as a great plan. Mystic Ballroom was perfect for our 100 person party. Once again I was surprised how the hotel transformed the room into the fairytale setting my daughter has envisioned. The hotel was very accommodating using table sizes and arrangements that we wanted. The food and service was the BEST part of the whole event. The level of food and production was NOT hotel level – it was 5 STAR dining level. Everything was beautiful to look at and cooked perfectly. We had both lamb and beef carved – such a great presentation. The bar tenders were very accommodating and super friendly. The Service staff jumped to help with everything – always anticipating need. Extra bonus – they have the Red Door Spa for make-up and hair needs AND the Bar stays open late!!! If you want to have the perfect Wedding you should use the Mystic Marriott. We are so glad we did. Happy Mother and Father of the Bride

New Year's Eve Wedding - 2014

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

The Mystic Marriott made this an unforgetable event...Amanda Toner was absolutely phenomenal...throughout the entire planning process she was nothing but friendly, accomodating, attentive, and full of wonderful ideas...it was a pleasure working with her and the staff...Everyone... Read More was very professional at all times...The food and drinks were awesome...Amanda did an awesome job of making our vision a reality...she did a phenomenal job with the enitre set up...we can't say enough...they exceeded our expectations...I would recommend this venue over and over...you will love working with Amanda...all of our vendors raved about her and how she did an exceptional job...

Wedding Room Block & Rehearsal Dinner - all top notch

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Merideth Z

We used the Mystic Marriott for our rehearsal dinner (at their Octagon restaurant) as well as our wedding hotel room block. Everything was excellent. While there were at least 4-5 other wedding blocks booked at the hotel the same weekend as us, we truly felt like we were the... Read More only ones there from how we were treated by the staff. Everyone was warm and inviting - from the front desk to valets to housekeeping to the restaurant staff. Nice, new hotel, and the unexpected extras they provided that weekend were thoughtful and much appreciated. Our coordinator Darcey was great to work with in organizing all of the pertinent details and ensuring it was executed according to plan. Schedules conflicted a bit with some summer vacations in the middle, so it was sometimes difficult to connect with one another. But that being said, everything got very buttoned up. No issues that I'm aware of that anyone had with their rooms or checking in, despite having the typical guests needing rooms after the prescribed cut-off date. The rehearsal dinner was great. Setup was just as we had envisioned, and the food was even better than expected. Service, as it was throughout the hotel, was impeccable. We got a litany of positive comments from our guests on the accommodations and the rehearsal dinner - that combined with our satisfaction is the truest barometer that this was top notch. Would not hesitate to recommend them.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Alexis P

We had our wedding room block at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa and held our rehearsal dinner at the Octagon restaurant and it was fantastic. The food was absolutely phenomenal. The service was impeccable and my friends and family had a wonderful time. I highly recommend this... Read More hotel for any occasion.

Perfect

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Kristie T

Lyndsay worked with us to make sure everything was completely perfect. She was very reassuring and that kept the stress down. My reception was exactly how I imagined it.

A beautiful hotel - that lost reservations!?

Reviewed on 6/23/2013 Jessica B

This is a top notch Marriott. All great amenities. Too bad that I had guests checking in the day of my wedding being told there was a computer "glitch", that lost their reservation and the hotel had NO ROOM?! My guests all had confirmation emails! And the shuttle I paid to... Read More safely run everyone was to this hotel - I had displaced guests/ family members ! That's completely unacceptable. I spent months preparing this block. Organizing welcome bags guests never received. Completely unacceptable. This property manager should be ashamed. We had thousands of dollars of rooms. I'm sure some room must have been open. To hear the next day I had family displaced is appalling.

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/25/2012 Alison O

The attention to detail was priceless. The only minor glitch was that the bridal room pre-reception wasn't ready. The coordinator tried to play it off that the suite wasn't in the contract because it had been previously booked by a local dance studio, but every time I met with... Read More the coordinator prior to the reception, I either asked if that was included or the coordinator explicitly pointed out the room and said this is where your party will be during cocktail hour. My hunch? She'd forgotten that the rooms were already booked. It worked out well though, as they quickly set up another room for us. I would have let it pass without mention, but the coordinator made it sound like they were giving us the room (which was included in our very expensive package) out of the goodness of her heart. That didn't sit well with me. Aside from that, everything was perfect.

Mystic Marriott Wedding

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Danielle L

We just had our wedding here a few weeks ago and couldnt be happier with this venue. Everyone at this venue from Darcey our coordinator to the hotel staff was exceptional. They made our wedding weekend feel very special. I was nervous at first having our ceremony and... Read More reception at the same location, I could never fully get the vision in my head but Darcey assured me throughout the whole process that it would be great and it was! The day was more than I ever could have imagined and I would highly recommend this to spot to others!

Not really worth the price

Reviewed on 4/30/2012 Carrie C

Let me say that the venue is lovely and very clean. The banquet service is good, and the food is good too. What I would complain about is the service provided by the event coordinators. My coordinator never returned my calls. She emailed me promptly, but I would have prefered to... Read More have her return my calls. The manager never showed up at my rehearsal and so I was stuck using a riser at my ceremony that turned out to be ugly. I had requested it be set up at the rehearsal so we could see it, but she was no where to be found. The food at the tasting was much better than it was at the reception, but it was still pretty good. The bar staff was cutting off people who were not driving, and were not that intoxicated, and the wait staff took meals and cake away from guests who got up to go to the bar. Additionally, they lost the individual guest books from three of my tables-- the bp table, my parents' table, and my mother-in-law's table. The location was beautiful, the cocktail hour was amazing, the hospitality suite was set perfectly, and the service was great. Over all, this is a nice place to hold a wedding reception, just be prepared for little things that are annoying. I think it is slightly overpriced, but I had a wonderful time, and our guests said they did as well. The recent overhaul to the property has made it look very classy. It is also convenient because of the Spa/salon located in the building-- I had my hair done there, and it looked amazing.

review

Reviewed on 2/09/2011 Effie P

I was happy with my recent wedding at the Marriott. Besides some changes in personel which caused just a little bit of confusion, everything went as planned. :)

Food, service and style great!

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Emily S

I loved using the Mystic Marriott as our reception venue. The food was fantastic, the service was great and we had the catering captain catering directly to my husband and I, which was nice. They even took our food back and re-heated it for us because we didn't get to it right... Read More away. The hall was beautiful and set up exactly how we discussed. We had a great experience with them!