Nathanael Greene Lodge

Cincinnati, OH

Charming Ambiance, Unforgettable Night

The Lodge's 50-foot cathedral window is an elegant backdrop for an evening affair. Only 15 minutes from downtown, the wooded setting is perfect for an outdoor ceremony. An offering of three preferred caterer's give any host a wide range of options to suit any menu type!

Ballroom, Park

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

6394 Wesselman Road, Cincinnati, OH (513) 598-3100

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Erin R

The staff of Nathanael Greene Lodge went out of their way to make my wedding reception perfect! They let me do all of my unique ideas, which included, removing their artwork to hang family members' paintings instead in the lobby and behind the cake, and refrigerating and... Read More setting up all 14 of our tables' center piece cakes and 18 types of cookies for our cookie table. Not only were they fine with letting us do cakes as centerpieces, Cheryl had the amazing idea for us to assign table captains to cut their table's cake. We loved this idea and turned it into a fun little ice breaker game for the guests to find out who would be the table captain. I especially appreciate that there was always someone to help answer my questions in a timely manner. I live out-of-town which made the emails and phone calls extra important to me. Cheryl always took extensive notes and she never missed a single detail! Whenever we met her in person, she never rushed us and was completely attentive as we tried decorating ideas and got just as excited about them as me. You can tell that Cheryl absolutely loves her job! She treated my wedding as if it was her own daughter's wedding. Cheryl and her staff did an amazing job at setting up all the cake stands, candles, photos, slide show, time capsule, rented pub tables, and simply added touches that made everything come together beautifully. I used to get stuck decorating for all of my friends' weddings and I found it amazing that i didn't have to do a thing to decorate at Nathanael Greene. They took care of everything! If you are looking for a reception venue close to down town Cincinnati, or several of the West Side churches, Nathanael Greene is a no-brainer! Its only about three minutes from the Holiday Inn, plus they have free parking. Nathanael Greene is on beautiful, private property, which made the back patio perfect for our cocktail hour. I liked that they had a backup plan if it rained. Our guests loved Brown Dog Cafe, too!

2015-10-09T15:23:42 Response from the vendor

Erin, Thank you for such kind words about your reception at Nathanael Greene Lodge! Your event was a truly unique one with such attention to detail and personal touches that made the room transform into a space that accurately depicted who you and Joe are!... Read Less Read More

Went above and beyond...

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Miriam M

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Nathanael Greene. The venue is beautiful and the staff truly went above and beyond to make sure that everything day-of was perfect, especially Cindy. She was so attentive, responded quickly to every email, met with us as... Read More many times as we needed to, and really wanted us to have the perfect day and didn't mind bending over backwards to make it all happen (and SO organized!). I actually had originally hired a day-of coordinator whom I cancelled after meeting with Cindy a few times because my confidence level in her was so high. I would highly recommend Nathanael Greene for your wedding day, it was absolutely perfect. The value for what you pay is unbelievable and is a wonderful option if you're looking for a wonderful experience in Cincinnati!

2015-01-15T12:51:06 Response from the vendor

Hi Miriam: Hope you and Patrick are enjoying married life! Thank you for the amazing review! I am sure it will help others to consider us for their very special day!

Nathanael Greene Lodge

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Sarah F

The place was absolutely gorgeous! The bridal table is in front of a humongous window that overlooks a patio and wooded area. Our pictures dinner turned out beautifully because of this. The staff was always helpful, going above and beyond to help us out. They do pretty much... Read More everything. They schedule with the caterer (you just have to go for a tasting), they decorate and tear down, and they provide all of the workers for the day. They made the reception run very smoothly. Highly recommend! Made my wedding a lot less stressful.

2014-08-06T13:09:10 Response from the vendor

Hi Sarah: Thanks so much for the review! Your birdhouse centerpieces were gorgeous! We won't soon forget your lovebird theme! We're glad we made your event so memorable! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Mary R

The hall was perfect for my daughter's wedding , the staff was awesome vary helpful in everyday possible the hall was amazing decorated for Christmas so beautiful for the wedding pictures could have not picked a better place for a wedding or any event

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 susan m

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, beautiful, nice, affordable venue for our son's wedding reception....Location, cost, decor, support, service....this venue is "classy" while being affordable....We are absolutely thrilled with the result....a beautiful, elegant wedding reception...staff is... Read More great, helped us with food/beverage selections within our budget....Decor, linens, china and glassware...."BEST KEPT SECRET ON THE WEST SIDE"...great/safe parking....We would use this venue again and again. PERFECT.

2016-09-17T12:57:19 Response from the vendor

Hi Susan: Thank you so much for the kind words. I was supremely impressed that you and Loami were able to pull off the planning of a wedding in three short months with such attention to detail! It was a perfect day that went off... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Kristi G

We'd highly recommend Nathanael Greene - we worked with Cheryl (although Cindy is great too!) and everything went so smoothly. Reasonably priced, staff is ON POINT and it's just a beautiful location. You really get more than your money's worth and the staff is so experienced,... Read More they think of anything you don't.

2016-09-06T12:07:51 Response from the vendor

Hi Kristi: Thank you so much for the kind review! I hope you'll remember your wedding day for many years to come! Knowing it was hot, I hope the weather didn't put too much of a damper on the day! It ended up being a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/28/2016

As a vendor I just have to say that I have never worked with a more courteous, kind, and helpful staff at a venue! Everyone went out of their ways to make things as smooth and easy as possible for me! From helping set up table decor to storing the cakes for the wedding! I was... Read More blown away! As I was additionally a member of the wedding party I was even more thrilled and delighted at all the little things that they did and provided for the bridal couple! And I'm even more appreciative at how easy they made it for me to store the wedding cakes and set them up as I rushed into my bridesmaid attire! And that's just the staff!!! The venue is picturesque and intimate. It's easily traversed and every bit as lovely as anyone could hope! I would be thrilled and honored to work with their staff and venue again; as a bridesmaid or as a pastry chef! Thanks so much for everything!

2016-05-31T15:22:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for composing such a kind review! We pride ourselves in the persons we hire and the service given to all guests! Your cake you made was beautiful and groom's cake was beyond impressive!

Picture Perfect Day

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Blaire H

We were very happy with Cheryl and the staff at Nathanael Greene Lodge. All details were covered, and while the process of planning a wedding is stressful, NGL makes it easier. Beautiful setting both inside and out. I loved having linens and a dance floor available to me at a... Read More reasonable price, and my father in law loved the fact that he could upgrade the wine. Fantastic food, too!

2014-10-11T13:36:17 Response from the vendor

Blaire: I am so glad your experience with Nathanael Greene Lodge was pleasant. We wish you the best as you now begin your lives as husband and wife!

Amazing venue, perfect price

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Sheva S

This venue really gives you a BANG for your buck!!! SO affordable and a beautiful inside and outside for photographs, for both the ceremony and reception. Food was delicious, staff was competent and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day thanks to the lodge.

2014-08-08T09:39:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for giving us a review! We're so glad to hear that you were pleased with your ceremony and reception! May your memories last a lifetime! Congratulations!

Wonderful Venue!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013

I would highly recommend Nathanael Greene Lodge over and over to anyone. Cindy and her staff went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding special. They helped take care of all the details so we could relax and enjoy the wedding.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Jayme W

Everything was great! The food was amazing and it was really nice to see people going up for seconds :-) The staff was so helpful. I loved Cheryl she did such a great job making us feel relaxed and calm the whole time.

10-19-13

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Emily S

NGL was absolutely fabulous for my wedding ceremony and reception. Cheryl and her staff we SO attentive but also knew how to exist in the background. They were on top of everything so I could focus on my big day! I give this place and it's lovely staff 5 stars- highly... Read More recommend!!! Thanks NGL!!

Unforgettable Reception w/ Excellent, Personal Service

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Maggie K

Nathanael Greene was the only reception hall my husband and I visited and invested in. I had researched many different places, but for the cost, look, and overall feel of N.G. I knew we didn't need to look any further. Cindy was out coordinator for the day and she was... Read More outstanding. She was constantly in contact with us, and was very patient. I had changed so many things before the big day and she was with us every step of the way. She really helped me not feel stressed throughout the whole process. We were able to bring in snacks for our cocktail hour, which saved us a ton! They provided the serving ware for that. Everyone helped put together our centerpieces, and arrange our seating chart. I felt like I had a personal assistant with how well everything went and how pleasant Cindy and her team were. The food was amazing - everyone was raving about it. Their staff was on top of everything as well - when it came to their food, drinks, etc. Everything went better than planned, we wanted the dinner, cake cutting, toasts, etc to be fast and fun because we wanted a lot of party time and N.G. made sure it all happened our way! I couldn't have asked for anything better - we got more than we expected when it came to our reception!

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Melanie S

We had both our ceremony (outside) and reception (inside) at NGL. It was beautiful. The facility was clean and well maintained. Cindy was the BEST! She helped me through so much and took all of the stress out of the day. We decided we wanted to have an ice cream bar instead... Read More of cake. They only have a huge refrigerator, not freezer so we had to get creative. We did and it worked perfectly! I had a vision of what I wanted the reception to look like and Cindy made it better than I ever expected! Cindy asked for my vendors a month in advance and coordinated everything! I didn't talk to a vendor after paying final deposits. It all went so fast but I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. I kind of miss talking to Cindy now that it is all over. Everyone was amazing!

2013-06-28T10:20:12 Response from the vendor

Melanie: Thank you so much for saying such wonderful things about Nathanael Greene Lodge and staff. Your ice cream bar was a huge success! Best wishes to you and Scott in all your future endeavors!

Excellent service and beautiful location!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Jennifer S

I can't say enough good things about NGL! They were so extremely accommodating for our reception from start to finish, I didn't even look at another hall because I thought it was just too beautiful to pass up. My only tiny complaint is I wish it held more than 200 people so I... Read More could have expanded my guest list a little, but it ended up working out well for our medium sized wedding. Their coordination with the Brown Dog Cafe made for a great dinner- my guests loved the food! The hall was beautifully decorated, centerpieces so fun and unique (they let me have color-changing LED lights in the vases- such a cool effect once the lights went down). The huge window behind our head table made for wonderful pictures. The best part however- they allowed me to bring my horse to "greet" our guests as they entered the reception. I'm sure the landscapers weren't thrilled with him eating their pretty grass, but everyone inside the hall had so much fun coming out to see him! It really made my night being able to have him come because we weren't sure how I'd incorporate him into the day. That made for an unforgettable night for us and our guests! Our coordinator kept everything on schedule to keep things moving and get to the dancing faster! She was even prepared to dish out mine and my husbands dinner from the buffet and carry it back to our table. I was very happy with our choice of using NGL!

2013-06-18T11:54:55 Response from the vendor

Jennifer: Thank you for such a kind review! Yes, your horse was a unique situation/request, but everything turned out so well and the weather was beautiful! We wish you and Josh the best as you start your new lives together!

Wonderful day

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 Jackie Z

I had my reception here. The service staff was wonderful. Everybody had a great time. The food was fantastic. We were a little worried about not having been able to taste it before we signed, but my husband said it was the best wedding food that he had ever had. Everything... Read More met my expectations. There were several times before the wedding that I had gotten stressed out and I contacted Cyndi and she was able to help me. Wedding planning was a little overwhelming because I had never done it before :) but Cyndi and Cheryl were able to answer any questions that we had. I know we threw a couple of little kinks into the day, but they were able to just help us. The venue was beautiful, and everything was exactly how we wanted it. It was very nice that we didn't have to set up anything up before the wedding. I also didn't have to tear anything down. It was all done. They also had all of the vases, centerpieces, utensils. We were able to have a beautiful evening without breaking our budget, and having 100 extra vases. Everyone said how much fun and wonderful it was. I would have been a mess that day if it wasn't for them. I have relatives that are handicapped and it was very easy for them. Everything is on one level even the parking lot. My husband who also said a million times how nice everything was :) He said it was all worth it :)

2013-05-01T11:18:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words Jackie! We had a blast Saturday night! Hope you and Dave did too!

Amazing Experiance

Reviewed on 4/02/2013 Elyse B

I could not have asked for a better venue for our ceremony and reception. The setting was beautiful and the staff went above and beyond to do all they could for me and my family. The lodge manager, Cindy took away all of the stress of my day and I was able to simply enjoy the... Read More time. Because the ease of their services, the beautiful outdoor and indoor setting and the low cost, it was a win-win on all fronts. I would highly recommend this venue!

2013-05-01T11:19:59 Response from the vendor

Elyse, I hope you are still celebrating your unity with Tim to the fullest extent! You were both so much fun to work with! I am glad your expectations were far exceeded at Nathanael Greene Lodge!

fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Becky D

We had our ceremony (outside) and reception (inside) and Nathanael Greene Lodge and it was absolutely amazing. First let me talk about the staff, which was the most impressive to me - Cindy Tabler (the lodge manager) was the person 'in charge' of coordinating our event and she... Read More was great to work with. About a month out from the wedding we got together and went over the whole day and all the little details, so by the time we were done I felt completely comfortable about the whole day. We emailed back and forth several times between then and the wedding day about lingering questions and she was always very prompt in her responses. The day of the wedding, she was there the whole time and kept stressing that if there was anything she could do for us, just to let her know. She took care of all the decorating and coordinating with my vendors, and it turned out incredible. She was even the one who went thru the buffet line with me and held my plate and everything, and made sure we had dessert, and got us drinks... she was amazing, I never worried about a thing because I knew she'd take care of it. The rest of the staff working that night were all very nice and if they saw us made sure to ask if we needed anything. Now, the caterer - Nathanael Greene uses the Brown Dog Cafe as their caterer (they are an upscale restaurant up off Pfeiffer Rd). The food was so so good, everyone I've had a chance to talk to after the wedding has commented on how great the food was. When we went for our tasting a few months beforehand, I don't think we tasted anything we didn't like, so you can't go wrong. A couple comments on the lodge itself - we had our ceremony outside, they have a little area specifically set up for it, and it was so beautiful. There in the middle of the westside, you really feel like you're a lot farther away from it all, it was great. We decorated with a bunch of home-grown flowers - hanging baskets off the gondola, some potted plants, etc - and it was absolutely gorgeous. Then the ballroom inside the lodge was amazing as well. We had 130 guests, and we thought everyone fit in perfectly. I think if you get up to the 175+ range, it'll start to get really cozy (I think they'll allow you up to 220, that would be really really tight!). One of the things I especially loved about this place (compared to other places that I've experienced through friends' weddings) is that it seemed very relaxed. If we wanted to make last minute changes, no problem. We could bring up all of our decorations and stuff any time in the week leading up to the wedding, and I could stop in any time I wanted if I just wanted to see what something looked like in the ballroom. They told us it was no big deal if we wanted to come back the day or two following the wedding to get all of our decorations and stuff, so we didn't have to worry about it the night of the wedding. (Obviously they do require you to take all your gifts and stuff that night). It really was all about what is most convenient for us, which was fantastic. All in all, I can't think of one negative thing about my experience with Nathanael Greene Lodge. I would choose them again as my wedding vendor in a heartbeat!!

Beautiful venue for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Meredith M

The Nathanael Greene Lodge was such an amazing venue for my wedding. Cindy Tabler, the manager, was wonderful and so extremely helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. And, my wedding night went off without a hitch! We had our ceremony outside and our reception... Read More inside, and it was gorgeous. I highly recommend this venue to anyone seeking an simple, elegant, and casually chic wedding!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Stephanie W

I was thrilled with our experience at Nathanael Greene. The staff and service was great! The food provided by Brown Dog Cafe was also great! Our only frustration for the day, was related to the bar. We had purposely upgraded our bar to ensure all of our guests had plenty... Read More of choices. However, I was later made aware that the bar was offering "premium" beers and drinks for an additional cost. This was never explained to use, and we ultimately felt that the company had double-dipped on us and our guests. The staff packed up for us the night of the wedding and we were able to pick everything up the next morning. I would however suggest, if there is anything you want to ensure you have the next morning, valuables, flowers, centerpieces, ect. take them with you. We had planned to deliver flowers to elderly family and friends and the grave sites of our grandparents, but the next morning 5 of the centerpiece bouquets were missing. All of which were accounted for the night before. Our wedding itself was beautiful and we were thrilled with the end result. We would be happy to use this location again, but would likely be a little more guarded.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Ali D

Everyone was extremely helpful at the lodge. I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of my wedding!

Beautiful, natural feel & amazing service!!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Melissa B

Cheryl Petrosky essentially helped us from the very beginning in thinking of things as we were planning our wedding, all the way up to making sure our only job the day of the wedding was to have fun! We had our wedding outside on their patio against the tree-line on Memorial... Read More Day weekend and it honestly felt - though in the middle of Cincinnati - that we were in the mountains in Gatlinburg somewhere. Gorgeous setting! Cheryl and her staff were amazing the entire night - we had our reception there as well; they had the hall looking absolutely gorgeous. Caterer, Brown Dog Cafe has absolutely delicious food and for very reasonable costs. HIGHLY recommend!!

Perfect Place for a Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 1/07/2012 Catie E

For the most part, my experience with Narhanael Green Lodge was awesome. They were very accommodating in letting us come in to just walk around and figure out Decorations and centerpieces. They also provide some stuff for centerpieces. Tablecloths and napkins are automatically... Read More included in various colors. Two weeks before the wedding day, they'll call you to sit down and go over all the little detailsof the wedding/reception

Beautiful on the Inside, Horrible Service

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Rosemary B

Ever since I was little, I loved this location as a reception hall. It was beautiful on the day of our wedding and I was very pleased, however, I was not satisfied with the service. We had the hall till midnight and at ten till, the staff was taking down the centerpieces and... Read More chair covers. I was also supposed to have a room for myself to get a break, store the gifts we received, and allow me to bustle my dress. When I arrived to the site and entered the room, I noticed that 3/4 of the room had things ready for the wedding the next night. I could not even shut the door to get my dress bustled. So instead I had to try to hide when pulling the back of my dress up for my mom and bridesmaids to bustle. At the end of the night, the staff loaded up our gifts to put in our car, and loaded up things for the wedding the next day. We did not check our gifts till after our honeymoon, so I am sure that the couple that had created hand made center pieces for their wedding the next night were quite upset that I had there two bags of centerpieces. I can only imagine what the staff told them the next day. And the worst part, nobody called us to see if we had the centerpieces, they did not even try to right the wrong they created for the next couple getting married. The lady we worked with, Allison, was also HORRIBLE! We could never get a hold of her, she was on a lunch break (twice) for two meetings we had with her... that she planned! She also assured my cake girl that there would be room in the refrigerator for her to have the whole cake assembled before the wedding - but that was a lie. My cake girl had to leave the cake in layers, and even then she barely had room and had no one but the janitor to ask questions since Allison, once again, was not there like she said she would be. So instead, my cake girl had to come the next day to put together the cake (and miss part of our wedding pictures since she was a bridesmaid in my wedding). I was not pleased about this AT ALL! And neither was the girl who did my cake. Allison made lots of promises, and did not hold any of those promises. If you are assigned Allison for a wedding at this location, REQUEST SOMEONE ELSE! She is horrible, and will let you down!

Awesome

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 Laura W

I had my ceremony and reception at the lodge. Cindy and Allison were both amazing. Everything we wanted was answered with a "no problem". The lodge was beautiful and everything turned out great. Wonderful place to celebrate a marriage!