Nazareth Hall

Grand Rapids, OH

Making Memories at Nazareth Hall

Nazareth Hall is one of northwest Ohio's most remarkable historical landmarks and one of the area's top-ranking banquet facilities. Sitting upon 37 acres of park-like grounds, Nazareth offers four uniquely designed ballrooms, a charming indoor chapel and serene outdoor grotto for weddings.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Church, Religious Setting, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

21211 W River Road, Grand Rapids, OH (419) 832-2900
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Tiffany B

I am SO happy we got to experience a once in a lifetime day at such a BEAUTIFUL venue. Nazareth Hall as the first and only venue we saw before I told my husband we MUST have it. The food, the atmosphere, everything was just wonderful. We got to get ready in the large Bridal... Read More Suite all day, then got married in the chapel then reception in Cadet West and it was so nice to not have to leave the facility from 9am-11:30pm! We got so many compliments since almost all of our guests were from out of town about how beautiful the place was and how wonderfully decorated our reception area looked. The staff was very helpful as well! Would recommend always ! Definitely worth the money.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Haley N

My mom is a preferred vendor on their vendor list and so I have grown up doing many weddings at Nazareth Hall. I remember in high school telling myself that I wanted to get married there. My husband and I met with Natalie in early February looking at next May. While I've been... Read More there for bridal shows and setting/cleaning up weddings, I've never just took a look at the grounds during normal hours. It was my husbands first time seeing the place in person, and the history and knowledge Natalie had made the appointment even better. Knowing the history, my husband really had an appreciation for the grounds. We decided this was the place and booked it for May 2017. A couple months roll by and we decided to bump the wedding to this year. We immediately let Natalie know and she sent us some dates that were still available. She was so flexible to work with and was always quick to respond. We decided to do September 11th. She was flexible enough as well to let us do some different things that normally don't occur, but do to the fact that we were the only event for the day, it worked in our favor. Natalie was always fun to work with, and about a month before our wedding, Laurie contacted me about doing our final meeting and had informed me of Natalie's new career path. What I loved about Laurie is that she went over EVERYTHING with us, making sure she was aware of everything going on and everything that Natalie did for our wedding. She constantly was reading Natalie's notes and was just as flexible with us when we made slight changes. Such a wonderful process and honestly, couldn't have asked for more kinder people to work with. Our Rehearsal Dinner was wonderful and the gal that was serving us was so kind. We stayed at the house for two nights and it was just a wonderful place to stay. Lots of room, and NH was kind enough to leave treats for snacks and breakfast. The people working on our wedding day were so kind and amazing to work with. Honestly, there were a couple hiccups here and there, but as a person who's been in the wedding biz for years, I knew it was bound to happen and be out of my control. Just the fact that everyone did their best and were so kind was enough for me, and NH did their best to fix it(really wasn't anything big, and honestly, never knew about anything until after the wedding). I think back to my day, and I can't imagine getting married anywhere else. Laurie was just so wonderful to work with and I am so glad she was there on my day to give me a hug before my ceremony and after the reception. Everyone from their chefs, to the serving people to even the cleaning people are just wonderful. From the bottom of our hearts, we can't thank you enough. It is a place that will stay in our hearts forever. Thank you Nazareth Hall for making our day so special. We couldn't imagine our wedding day anywhere else!! <3 <3

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Anna L

Nazareth Hall was the absolutely perfect place for us to have our wedding! The venue is beautiful and the staff there is EXCELLENT! We worked with Laurie and she was fabulous! She was very knowledgeable and helpful and always willing to answer any questions we had. The... Read More entire staff at Nazareth Hall is experienced in weddings and together they helped make our wedding day go perfectly. We especially liked having our own coordinator/planner throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding someone is always there to assist, too! Our food at the reception was delicious and everything honestly was just perfect the entire day. I HIGHLY recommend Nazareth Hall to anyone looking for a venue! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Korrin R

I cannot rave enough about all that is Nazareth Hall. From the helpful staff to the stunning chapel and reception venue my groom and I are overly satisfied. Before walking down the aisle Taylor gave me a calming speech I will remember for the rest of my life. Thank you Nazareth... Read More Hall for helping create the wedding of our dreams.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 ashley r

I had always heard wonderful things about Nazareth Hall, but had never been to an event there myself. When we had our first meeting last year I instantly knew this was the place for us! Beautiful outdoor grounds and several stunning ballrooms inside! The event planners really... Read More take the time to make sure all the important details are covered! The food was delicious! The day of hostess didn't miss a beat and really helped make our day perfect! Super kind and caring staff! They also have this beautiful 4 bedroom house on the property that you can rent for the night or several nights. I highly recommend this- it made day of stress much less! We had so guests compliment us on our venue- both about it being an absolutely beautiful place and about the food being delicious! They have their own chapel for religious ceremonies but also the outdoor grotto or other outdoor areas for any type of ceremony! I'm pretty sure everyone should want to get married here! It as just the most perfect day! Everything was beautiful and there were no bumps in the road!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Samantha M

Nazareth Hall is a gorgeous venue during any season! The opportunity to have our ceremony, reception, and pictures taken all in one place was perfect for our wedding day. My wedding was a chilly Saturday in March - so having equally beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces to use as... Read More backdrops for our photos was wonderful! The staff at Nazareth Hall is a class act. Taylor worked hard to help my vision come true in the planning process and was there to calm my nerves right before the ceremony,too! The chefs Eric and Eddie both took the time to greet my husband and I after dinner to make sure we were satisfied with everything. Both the dinner for our rehearsal and reception was amazing. My guests are still raving about the food! Our hostess was Beth and she was just incredible. More often than not, she had already taken care of things I needed done before I even asked her! Her kindness and handwork was noticed by my entire bridal party and family. I can't say enough good things about Nazareth Hall. My wedding day was absolutely flawless and I attribute that mostly to this venue and the staff there!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Abigail N

I cannot thank the staff at Nazareth Hall enough. They were amazing. from helping deal with all of my crazy bridal party to fixing my fallen cake. They were amazing to work with. They were not just vendors they are friends. I will be using Nazareth Hall for any event I have in... Read More the future.

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Jenna M

Best choice I ever made: choosing to marry my husband. Second best choice I (we) ever made: choosing Nazareth Hall as our venue! I cannot say enough about the attentive staff, smooth process, and perfect outcome. My Air Force pilot fiancé and I got engaged in September 2016 and... Read More booked Nazareth for our wedding on January 14, 2017. We looked at venues in Columbus as well, but none of them had the character of Nazareth and we got so much more for our dollar. We mainly worked with Taylor and you would NEVER have known it was her first wedding from beginning to end. They were extremely accommodating when it came to scheduling tastings, meetings, and even the dress rehearsal due to my fiancé only visiting from Texas during holiday breaks. There were no other weddings that entire weekend, so we were able to decorate Friday morning, have our rehearsal Friday evening, and have the place to ourselves on the day of the wedding (a perk to getting married in the winter). Anytime I contacted the hall with questions or concerns, their response was immediate and we solved any issues quickly and painlessly. Comments from guests included: -how gorgeous and truly timeless the venue is itself ("we pulled up and it felt like I was in a fairy tale") -the fact that our serving staff were like ninjas ("you didn't even realize they were there") -how quickly the bridal party table was torn down to create the dance floor -how delicious the food was My husband and I were carefree the whole day because we trusted Nazareth (and all of our vendors) completely! At the end of the night the staff helped us clean up our decorations, but it did not feel pushy at all. They even brought out a cart to put all of our gifts on and loaded them into our vehicles for us! This is a venue that has it all figured out, down to the smallest detail. I HIGHLY recommend Nazareth Hall!!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Deborah P

Beautiful Place. Food was good. Service was fair. So many people love this place because of the ambiance that I think the staff is getting a bit lax. They may not put as much energy into Winter weddings as they do summer, but it's too bad, they could have a 5 star... Read More review.

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Jaime R

I would not have wanted to have my wedding anywhere else. The value for what you get is unbeatable, I don't know how they do it. Nazareth hall literally takes care of everything and their food is delicious. It was so nice to have a "Day of Hostess" to make sure everyone was... Read More where they needed to be and that everything was on schedule, it made it so family could enjoy the day instead of running around. Nazareth Hall was so flexible with all my requests and made suggestions without being pushy. And who wouldn't love the grounds and buildings, you hardly need to decorate at all. If you are even considering Nazareth Hall just book it, you won't be unhappy you did!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Jordyn W

The venue itself is beautiful and I never even considered getting married at another place because I love the look of the building/halls so much. But after getting married there this weekend I was extremely disappointed with the staff. Another wedding had to walk through the... Read More foyer (where my wedding cake was placed) after their ceremony, and the other guests repeatedly sat on my cake table and tried to touch my cake after assuming it was a decoration. We asked the staff multiple times to direct the other party and let them know to be careful because that was my real wedding cake, and not one staff member ever came out to help. In fact, at one point they shut their office doors and just ignored us and the other guests. My understanding was that I would have a hostess to help me throughout the day. I never even met my hostess until an hour before my ceremony and only spoke to her for a total of maybe 5 mins during the whole evening. We had a bridal suite and a guys room to get ready and we were supposed to get 4 total rounds of complimentary drinks. Our hostess brought us only one round about 45 mins later than we were supposed to get it and I couldn't really use my bridal suite because the smaller hall directly next to it was booked after mine and we would've been interrupting their ceremony and reception had we stayed in my suite. While hanging out in the guys room, guests from another wedding wandered into our room to watch our tv. Which, again, I was told other parties wouldn't be an issue because there was supposed to be staff to direct people. My hostess never even came and got me for the ceremony like she said she would, I only knew when to come out because my dad got me right before my entire wedding party had already entered the chapel. And then they opened the chapel doors and said I was ready before I was even announced or my music had started, so I was about halfway down the aisle already when people knew to stand and the music started playing. And I'm not really sure why I was charged a security fee given the fact that the police officer on duty simply sat by my bar the whole night. He probably could've been better utilized outside directing traffic considering the entire small parking lot was double parked and I witnessed my guests being blocked in by other cars. When my reception was over, neither the event coordinator or my hostess came out of their office to say one word to me, let alone thank me for using their venue or ask how my night was. My family and bridal party took care of every single thing that Nazareth promised me their staff would handle. I've dreamed of getting married at Nazareth forever and I was so excited at the expectation of having an experienced staff to coordinate and resolve last minute issues. Unfortunately, my only positive experiences there were the food and the very nice waitstaff I had at dinner. Aside from that, I couldn't have been more let down by Nazareth Hall.

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 C K

Hands down the perfect wedding venue. Laurie, Beth and Natalie (I think that was her name. It escapes me after 4 months) were absolutely amazing. They were available to cater to any need we had, even seeking out my bridesmaids during the pre-wedding prep time to ensure I was... Read More taken care of. Every staff member we encountered was incredibly friendly and willing to help at the drop of a hat. The food was delicious. The Ladyglen East Ballroom is absolutely breathtaking. It even started raining about 10 minutes before our outdoor ceremony time, but the staff remained calm, cool, and collected making me feel like getting married outside in the rain is a completely normal thing. We would ABSOLUTELY hire Nazareth Hall again

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Mattie S

They were great! They had someone helping me through out the whole day and she was awesome. They brought snacks and champagne up before the ceremony and helped me stay on schedule. Great place to work with. The food was amazing and people kept talking about it. Great venue and... Read More it worked perfect with our Halloween theme!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jessica F

Nazareth Hall is the top of the line. If you have any doubt about whether or not to book Nazareth, take my advice and DO! In researching other places, I quickly realized that you actually get so much more bang for your buck at this venue. You pay for experts who coordinate... Read More weddings every weekend, top of the line food, experienced staff members, convenience, and so much more. They made processes that are often daunting in wedding planning so easy for me, and I could not be more thankful. In the planning process, we worked with Laurie, who was to-the-point and did not leave me with any unanswered questions. If I realized later that I had a question, she got back to me promptly. On the day of our wedding (we had our ceremony and reception there), there was a personal hostess (Sidney) who took care of every extra detail of our day. From shuttling elderly guests down to the grotto to sewing buttons on a groomsmen's shirt. I received so many compliments from guests about how beautiful everything was and how smoothly it went. I could NOT agree more. :)

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Brittany C

My husband and I recently got married at Nazareth and it was everything we could have envisioned. Laurie was absolutely amazing and could visualize my wedding theme alongside myself. She was able to help give us the wedding of our dreams. The bartenders were super sweet and very... Read More friendly with guests. Our host, Allie, was AMAZING! You I had to give her a hug after the reception because she literally made sure our wedding ran 100% to our expectations. Little things like "Am I supposed to take down our unity painting?" She would smile and tell me to "Enjoy myself". She took care of everything and I was able to Enjoy myself and not lose my mind. Every person in that building was delightful and as a stressed out bride it was a breath of fresh air. Our guests told us over and over how beautiful our venue was and how polite the staff was. They loved the food as well!! Very professional!! Thank you so much!! :):) Warm thanks, Brittany Cantwell

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Kayla O

The people at Nazareth took care of every detail from start to finish, from the rehearsal dinner to the reception. Nothing was overlooked and every request was met with ease. We had planned an outdoor wedding in the grotto and when the forecast called for rain the decorator put... Read More the décor in the Chapel. When it was realized that the rain would hold off, the people at Nazareth untied the pew bows from the chapel and took them to the Grotto, tying them to the chairs, without us having to move them ourselves since the decorator was gone. The bride's personal hostess for the night took care of all details like getting the cake from the cooler and having it set up at the cake table when the Bride's mom was busy and forgot about it. They bent over backward to make everything perfect and it was!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Elizabeth Y

This venue was absolutely perfect. The staff from start to finish was amazing and so helpful. There was no stress leading to the big day as the staff handled and had everything planned out. The location itself is beautiful. Every guest commented on how nice the venue was. I used... Read More the chapel for the ceremony and it was so nice having everything at one location. The guests really appreciated that too. I would recommend Nazareth to everyone!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Stephanie K

We couldn't possibly thank all of the staff of Nazareth Hall enough for all of their help on our wedding day! I had very high expectations walking into our wedding day, and I couldn’t be more pleased with their performance! Preparations with Natalie were an absolute breeze! The... Read More entire office and set-up staff made sure we didn't have a single worry on our day! They were attentive to every request and never made me feel like a bother. The room was stunning! Sydney was an absolute blessing and on top of things the entire night! All of the food was a hit with all of our guests thanks to Chef Eric! Truly an amazing place to have a wedding! A special thank you to all of their amazing staff! Our day wouldn't have been the same without each of you!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Miranda M

Amazing job!! Perfect day, they did everything and more :)

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Brittany G

Beautiful location and venue! The staff is extremely helpful and caring.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Alana N

I can't say enough good things about Nazareth Hall! We recently had our wedding and reception here and everything was perfect! Having worked here throughout high school and college, I had very high expectations. Nazareth Hall absolutely lived up to my expectations and then some!... Read More Natalie in the office was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was very quick to respond to every single question I had (and I had a lot, lol!) and made it incredibly easy to plan everything from out of town. The staff for the day of our wedding was awesome, including our hostess, Sydney, who took such great care of us and always seemed to appear right when we needed her! The food was absolutely divine (we had passed Hors d'oeuvres- bruschetta, oriental chicken bites, and spanakopita, as well as a buffet dinner- chicken florentine, braised beef with gravy, garlic mashers, and california blend), and of course the building itself is just unbelievably beautiful. Thanks Nazareth Hall for making our big day so special!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Laura W

Overall, Nazareth Hall was great to work with and is such a beautiful venue! For the most part, the planning process went very smoothly. They didn't mind answering our million questions and were always very responsive. However, about two or three months before the wedding, our... Read More event coordinator left the company and no one told us. It took us about two weeks to finally get in contact with someone, which was a little frustrating. The day of the wedding was mostly smooth, with some hiccups here and there (like having WAY too many chairs at the ceremony and some mess ups with specific meal requests that we had made prior to the wedding). However, our wedding was absolutely beautiful and everyone had a great time! The food was delicious and the bar was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Sydney was a great hostess and made sure to keep us aware of event timelines we had prepared, which was super helpful to make sure we stayed on track with timing. She helped us with whatever we needed with a smile! Other than the event coordinator transition issue we experienced, we would have absolutely given Nazareth Hall five stars.

Great venue and service

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Melissa L

The venue speaks for itself and the food was delicious. The customer service was more than what I expected after I arrived and noticed the table linens were a bit different than what I had expected. The team remedied the issue immediately and reset all of the tables. Top... Read More notch service and again... beautiful venue all around... grotto, chapel, cadet west.

2015-10-15T08:14:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! It makes us happy to know that you enjoyed your day and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It has been a pleasure working with you and we wish you all the best!

A Fairytale!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Brittany T

Nazareth Hall made our wedding day an absolute dream. From the start, they communicated clearly and replied very quickly to any questions we had. We were able to try some of the menu items not only at our tasting session, but also at their delicious Sunday brunch. As planning... Read More went on, we changed our menu decision and went with a lighter and also more affordable meal since our wedding was on July 4th. Everyone was very easy to work with and bounce ideas off of, which we very much appreciated! The Bridal Room was so convenient, as we live about an hour away from the venue. The lighting is great and just a great girly space to get ready in the day of. The venue provided a snack tray and champagne which was so nice but would have been even better to know about in advance since we had brought a bunch of snacks! We rented a classroom for the guys to hang out in which was very beneficial as well. We chose to have our ceremony at The Grotto, a shaded outdoor area on the grounds which is so unique and beautiful. Our reception was in the Ladyglen Ballroom. Our guests enjoyed dancing, the overhead view from the 2nd story, and also the outdoor patio. Pretty much anywhere you look at on the grounds of Nazareth Hall is beautiful and classic. Overall, we would choose Nazareth Hall and their staff a thousand times over.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Mike M

I want to give Nazareth Hall 5 stars, but there were far too many problems at our reception. Let me begin by saying that this is a gorgeous venue. It's a beautiful campus. And the staff is wonderful. However, the management is suspect at best. Two weeks before the reception, we... Read More met with our coordinator and made some changes (i.e. added appetizers, extra 30 minutes for bar and reception, changed salad selection), all of which cost more money. None of these changes were in effect on the day of the reception. The salad was wrong. Servers were supposed to be carrying shrimp cocktail and mac n' cheese bites on trays in the foyer. That didn't happen. We didn't even get those apps until my mother-in-law complained to the staff. They sent the apps out to the tables with the salad. Even though we paid for an extra half hour, the reception still ended at 10, not 10:30. And the cherry on top; our coordinator wasn't working that day and no one could reach her. We told management about the issues that we had and they offered us a refund, which was a small fraction of what we paid for the extras. Needless to say, even though our reception was beautiful, I would not recommend Nazareth Hall to anyone.

2015-07-10T15:21:06 Response from the vendor

Providing excellent customer service is our top priority. We again apologize for the miscommunication that occurred during the planning of your event. When multiple people make decisions for an event, it can sometimes be difficult to narrow down the decision that the bride and groom... Read Less Read More