Nazareth Hall

Grand Rapids, OH

Making Memories at Nazareth Hall

Nazareth Hall is one of northwest Ohio's most remarkable historical landmarks and one of the area's top-ranking banquet facilities. Sitting upon 37 acres of park-like grounds, Nazareth offers four uniquely designed ballrooms, a charming indoor chapel and serene outdoor grotto for weddings.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Church, Religious Setting, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

21211 W River Road, Grand Rapids, OH

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Alana N

I can't say enough good things about Nazareth Hall! We recently had our wedding and reception here and everything was perfect! Having worked here throughout high school and college, I had very high expectations. Nazareth Hall absolutely lived up to my expectations and then some!... Read More Natalie in the office was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was very quick to respond to every single question I had (and I had a lot, lol!) and made it incredibly easy to plan everything from out of town. The staff for the day of our wedding was awesome, including our hostess, Sydney, who took such great care of us and always seemed to appear right when we needed her! The food was absolutely divine (we had passed Hors d'oeuvres- bruschetta, oriental chicken bites, and spanakopita, as well as a buffet dinner- chicken florentine, braised beef with gravy, garlic mashers, and california blend), and of course the building itself is just unbelievably beautiful. Thanks Nazareth Hall for making our big day so special!!

Great venue and service

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Melissa L

The venue speaks for itself and the food was delicious. The customer service was more than what I expected after I arrived and noticed the table linens were a bit different than what I had expected. The team remedied the issue immediately and reset all of the tables. Top... Read More notch service and again... beautiful venue all around... grotto, chapel, cadet west.

2015-10-15T08:14:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! It makes us happy to know that you enjoyed your day and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It has been a pleasure working with you and we wish you all the best!

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Laura H

I just recently was married and hosted my reception at Nazareth Hall. My entire experience with the staff was phenomenal, from the very first call to the end of the reception! The building and grounds are a picturesque backdrop for any occasion. The staff are friendly and... Read More caring, and went above and beyond to ensure my experience was delightful. The food was out of this world! My parents loved the experience so much, they would be ready to host my two younger sisters' weddings there as well! My experience with Nazareth Hall was fabulous. I felt like a queen the entire time. They are worth every penny!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Elizabeth Y

This venue was absolutely perfect. The staff from start to finish was amazing and so helpful. There was no stress leading to the big day as the staff handled and had everything planned out. The location itself is beautiful. Every guest commented on how nice the venue was. I used... Read More the chapel for the ceremony and it was so nice having everything at one location. The guests really appreciated that too. I would recommend Nazareth to everyone!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Stephanie K

We couldn't possibly thank all of the staff of Nazareth Hall enough for all of their help on our wedding day! I had very high expectations walking into our wedding day, and I couldn’t be more pleased with their performance! Preparations with Natalie were an absolute breeze! The... Read More entire office and set-up staff made sure we didn't have a single worry on our day! They were attentive to every request and never made me feel like a bother. The room was stunning! Sydney was an absolute blessing and on top of things the entire night! All of the food was a hit with all of our guests thanks to Chef Eric! Truly an amazing place to have a wedding! A special thank you to all of their amazing staff! Our day wouldn't have been the same without each of you!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Miranda M

Amazing job!! Perfect day, they did everything and more :)

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Brittany G

Beautiful location and venue! The staff is extremely helpful and caring.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Laura W

Overall, Nazareth Hall was great to work with and is such a beautiful venue! For the most part, the planning process went very smoothly. They didn't mind answering our million questions and were always very responsive. However, about two or three months before the wedding, our... Read More event coordinator left the company and no one told us. It took us about two weeks to finally get in contact with someone, which was a little frustrating. The day of the wedding was mostly smooth, with some hiccups here and there (like having WAY too many chairs at the ceremony and some mess ups with specific meal requests that we had made prior to the wedding). However, our wedding was absolutely beautiful and everyone had a great time! The food was delicious and the bar was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Sydney was a great hostess and made sure to keep us aware of event timelines we had prepared, which was super helpful to make sure we stayed on track with timing. She helped us with whatever we needed with a smile! Other than the event coordinator transition issue we experienced, we would have absolutely given Nazareth Hall five stars.

A Fairytale!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Brittany T

Nazareth Hall made our wedding day an absolute dream. From the start, they communicated clearly and replied very quickly to any questions we had. We were able to try some of the menu items not only at our tasting session, but also at their delicious Sunday brunch. As planning... Read More went on, we changed our menu decision and went with a lighter and also more affordable meal since our wedding was on July 4th. Everyone was very easy to work with and bounce ideas off of, which we very much appreciated! The Bridal Room was so convenient, as we live about an hour away from the venue. The lighting is great and just a great girly space to get ready in the day of. The venue provided a snack tray and champagne which was so nice but would have been even better to know about in advance since we had brought a bunch of snacks! We rented a classroom for the guys to hang out in which was very beneficial as well. We chose to have our ceremony at The Grotto, a shaded outdoor area on the grounds which is so unique and beautiful. Our reception was in the Ladyglen Ballroom. Our guests enjoyed dancing, the overhead view from the 2nd story, and also the outdoor patio. Pretty much anywhere you look at on the grounds of Nazareth Hall is beautiful and classic. Overall, we would choose Nazareth Hall and their staff a thousand times over.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Mike M

I want to give Nazareth Hall 5 stars, but there were far too many problems at our reception. Let me begin by saying that this is a gorgeous venue. It's a beautiful campus. And the staff is wonderful. However, the management is suspect at best. Two weeks before the reception, we... Read More met with our coordinator and made some changes (i.e. added appetizers, extra 30 minutes for bar and reception, changed salad selection), all of which cost more money. None of these changes were in effect on the day of the reception. The salad was wrong. Servers were supposed to be carrying shrimp cocktail and mac n' cheese bites on trays in the foyer. That didn't happen. We didn't even get those apps until my mother-in-law complained to the staff. They sent the apps out to the tables with the salad. Even though we paid for an extra half hour, the reception still ended at 10, not 10:30. And the cherry on top; our coordinator wasn't working that day and no one could reach her. We told management about the issues that we had and they offered us a refund, which was a small fraction of what we paid for the extras. Needless to say, even though our reception was beautiful, I would not recommend Nazareth Hall to anyone.

2015-07-10T15:21:06 Response from the vendor

Providing excellent customer service is our top priority. We again apologize for the miscommunication that occurred during the planning of your event. When multiple people make decisions for an event, it can sometimes be difficult to narrow down the decision that the bride and groom... Read Less Read More

Simply amazing

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Sylvia P

Nazareth Hall is one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen. We held our wedding ceremony in the Grotto which is a gorgeous outdoor location. Nazareth Hall has many different ballrooms and we held our wedding reception in the Ladyglen Ballroom which is a beautiful... Read More ballroom with a balcony, dance floor, stage and outdoor patio. Kevin Brown and the staff of Nazareth are wonderful. They helped in every step of planning the wedding, reception and dinner. On the day of the wedding we had the personal touch with a hostess at our side all day to help with questions or whatever we may have needed. I would highly recommend Nazareth Hall for any function from a wedding to a baby shower.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Mackenzie A

Nazareth Hall is wonderful! Having a personal taste testing with the chef was extremely helpful in the decision making process. The buffet for our rehearsal dinner and also for our wedding dinner was amazing and well thought out ny the staff.

Our Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Mackenzie A

They were very organized and extremely helpful during our whole wedding planning process. Everything went off without a hitch! Our ceremony and reception was beautiful! Thank you Nazareth for making our memories even better than what we hoped for!

easy to work with

Reviewed on 8/29/2014 Anne G

Kevin was so easy to work with, always willing to help and very communicative in how things would go. The day of service did not cut the second cake we had, so a few tables did not get cake which was frustrating. The room was gorgeous though and despite the price being a tad... Read More high per person, we ended up with fewer people than expected so it worked out. Though it's kind of out of the way, it's a beautiful hall!

Easy to work with

Reviewed on 8/29/2014 Anne G

Seriously the best wedding venue ever!

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Karleen

I originally chose Nazareth Hall as my wedding venue because of the beauty of the Grotto (just one of their ceremony sites). Then, I fell in love with the Ladyglen East ballroom (just one of their several reception areas). When I learned that they handle almost everything, from... Read More the table settings and linens, to the food, to the bartenders and a day of hostess, I was sold! Many brides have something to stress about on their big day. Not me! Nazareth Hall took care of everything. I had not a care in the world on my wedding day, thanks to the folks at Nazareth. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place for my wedding!! You will not regret choosing Nazareth Hall as your venue!

Beautiful location, but a lot of money

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Riley M

Nazareth is a beautiful place, especially the grotto! Though it is pricey, you get a lot for the price. Unfortunately, we could not book them--they're always booked!--mainly due to the fact that they were out of our budget.

Best Venue in the greater Toledo area!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 emily c

My wedding would have been nothing with out the help from the wonderful staff from Nazareth Hall they literally think of everything! On my wedding day I expected to be running around telling people what to do (like the ushers and groomsmen) the personal assistant that they give... Read More you for the day takes care of it all! I literally showed up and got dressed. It was amazing! My husband and I were originally not going to go see Nazareth for the first time because we assumed we couldn't afford it, it was so beautiful! Turns out they are super reasonable and will work with you. I feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to be married at the best place around!

Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 1/24/2014 Kendra S

There's no question that Nazareth Hall is a beautiful, unique venue and one of the best in the area. But if you're also looking for a top notch service as well, this is also your best bet. We were so pleased with the entire staff at Nazareth Hall--everyone from the... Read More Sales/Coordinating team, to the set-up and clean-up crew was extremely polite, accommodating and absolute professionals. They went over and above to make sure our wedding was wonderful in every way. Our amazing hostess was always prepared when we needed her, and our other vendors were familiar with the hall and staff, which made for a worry and stress-free day. If we could do it all over again, we would still book Nazareth Hall without a doubt. We received overwhelmingly positive comments from our guests as well, especially about the food. If budget is a concern, consider a winter wedding--it's absolutely stunning!!

Truly Amazing

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Annie d

I had wanted to get married at Nazareth Hall since I was a little girl and in May my dreams came true. From the moment I started planning with Kevin, to our sparkler exit from our reception, and every moment in between I was completely happy with my experience. It's pricey,... Read More but not too far off from anywhere else in the area and they are up front with the costs and work with you. Worth every penny though. They take such good care of you and treat every bride as if they are the only one they are concerned with. My one and only recommendation is if you have your ceremony out on the lawn off Lady Glen like I did, don't get a isle runner. It was a tripping hazard and blows all over the place. That is honestly the only thing I would have changed. It was perfect.

Fantastic!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Alison R

My husband and I got married in the Grotto at Nazareth Hall and had out reception in Lady Glen.. It was amazing!! The people there truly do everything to make your day perfect and have it all running like a well oiled machine! We worked with Megan Thomas who helped plan our big... Read More day and she was AMAZING. Highly recommended facility!

Best Place in the Area!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Marissa E

I used Nazareth Hall as the location for my wedding reception, having preferred the ceremony to be at my own church. But the intimate chapel and beautiful grotto would be absolutely amazing for a ceremony! And the Hall itself is gorgeous!! The food was delicious as well, I... Read More received a lot of compliments on the location and dinner. The service there was extremely helpful and organized. Overall, Nazareth Hall's staff was great to work with and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Heather D

We held our wedding in the Grotto with our reception at Cadet West. The setting was perfect! The Grotto is beautiful in the summer and Cadet West is always beautiful. We had so many compliments on the venue itself, as well as how helpful the staff were. The chef was very... Read More accommodating for our menu. We had tasted a chicken selection at the Bridal Show and fell in love with it. Even though that selection was not on the menu of options for taste testing (it should be!) the chef let us use it as one of our buffet options. This was not the cheapest venue we visited, but by having our wedding on a Friday we were able to make it happen (there is a minimum cost on Saturdays). (We had 140 guests and the cost was about $8000. Still expensive to us, but worth it for the quality of food and the atmosphere.) I was treated well by the staff, who were amazing! Our wedding coordinator made sure that we had everything we needed and helped me with the train to my gown before the ceremony (something dads just don't know how to do). They took my parent's keys and loaded our gifts and decorations in my parents' car at the end of the night. I can't recommend this venue enough! It made our day perfect!

Truly a fairy tale location for your wedding...

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Stacey B

The staff at Nazareth Hall are the best you can get when it comes to planning and executing your wedding! Kevin was excellent and was so helpful during the entire planning process. The cost is extremely reasonable when you consider the beautiful location and the amazing... Read More service you and your guests receive. The grounds are beautiful and make a great backdrop for your photos. The reception rooms are equally beautiful and add real class and style to your reception. I had my ceremony in the grotto and it could not have been more perfect! The staff was there for you for everything, including the clean-up (which my parents said was extremely nice and helpful). They are so experienced at this that they were able to offer excellent recommendations for my other vendors as well.

Perfect Wedding:)

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Christy B

We had our wedding and reception at Naz Hall. The staff helped our big day go as smooth as possible! The food was delicious and all our guests had a GREAT time!