Cuisine

American, Italian

Servers, Food + Catering

3005 Great Northern Ave, Springfield, IL (217) 787-9443

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Tifani S

I used nelsons recently for my wedding and was very impressed and happy with my service! they worked with my budget and even threw in extras to help make the menu even better. The food was yummy and everyone enjoyed it (we had a salsa bar and taco bar for the evening). We also... Read More used them for bar service. I was impressed by how hard working the staff was. Would definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Rachel B

Nelson's was great to work with! We used Nelson's for bar service and we used a separate caterer for food, because of the restrictions on our vendor list when we booked with our venue. Our caterer ended up forgetting to bring water and pitchers for our reception, and Nelson's... Read More took care of it. It was almost 100 degrees so they saved the day!

2016-09-15T12:27:28 Response from the vendor

We thank you for using Nelson's for your wedding. So glad we were able to help you in a bind. Wishing you many, many years of happiness!

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Dillon L

Nelsons was great! They catered our wedding reception. We chose to go with a buffet option and additionally use thier provided bar service. We prepaid for a domestic keg and a pony keg of a craft beer and pre purchase a quanity of wine. Cocktails were cash and the bar went to... Read More cash once the prepaid alcohol ran out. The quality of food Nelson's provided in comparision to the price is veryreasonable. They are great to work with and will work with you to help create and customize your event exactly the way you would like it. Additionally, they are quick to respond to emails or phone calls and quickly reflect all and any changes made to your proposal, so you are always aware of your final cost.We also experienced an event staff that was very friendly, helpful, and professional. I would definitely reccomend Nelson's Catering for your next event! They did everything we asked for and more!

Nelson's were amazing!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

We found ourselves needing to find an alternate caterer for our daughter's wedding and Nelson's did the trick! I worked with Sheila (on short notice) who kept in constant contact with us to arrange a tasting and then offered to set us up with some additional items as we had... Read More some special dietary requests (vegetarian, gluten and diary allergies). We selected a 2-entree plated china service for 140 guests; water and tea served on each table; coffee service; fully staffed bar service; a champagne toast; and they provided plates and forks for the cake. They handled everything and it was delicious! They even called me to double check the special requests a few days before. They set it all up and then provided the clean up. Very stress-free from my point of view as the mother of the bride! I highly recommend them for any size or style catering need

2015-10-27T10:10:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We take pride in making sure all your needs are met, from your first call to us to the very end of your event. Your feedback is very important to us. We certainly want to make sure our service... Read Less Read More

Magnificent meal

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Jessica R

The food was a big priority to my future husband he had tried Nelson's at a previous wedding and loved their beef brisket. So we went to a taste testing and I loved their service and presentation after that our parents went a long for a tasting and my father fell in love with... Read More her meatballs they are professional and very very good the meal was one of the topics of conversation at our reception and everyone raved over the beef brisket.

Delicious Nelson's

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Brittany P

Our food was awesome and loved by everyone. The buffet went over well and quickly. We had a mash-tini bar and it was a huge hit! Definitely recommend Nelsons for any catering needs!

2015-10-27T10:13:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. The mash-tini bar is one of our favorite things to do. It certainly was a pleasure serving you and your guests. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Congratulations!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 August C

They will work to make your event everything you could possibly want. They provided catering, alcohol, and linen services for us to a remote location, and we could not have been more happy. The food was absolutely delicious and they were a breeze to work with. The set up was... Read More more beautiful than I imagined, and my only wish was that I needed to be more relaxed at my reception for I could have eaten more of the food!

2015-10-27T10:18:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful review! It is our priority to make sure your event looks beautiful and runs smoothly. We are so happy you were able to use our wide range of services. Relax and enjoy your new life together!

Best food at a wedding reception ever

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Paige C

I did a lot of shopping around and Nelson's was by far the best deal and the best food. They were awesome to work with, reasonably priced, and the best food I have ever had at a wedding reception. I still have people tell me a year after the wedding that it was the best food... Read More they have ever had. You will not be sorry if you get Nelson's to cater your wedding or any event!

2014-11-01T21:24:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the compliments. Our food is great! We enjoy serving our wedding couples on a very important day. We love to hear that your guests complimented your meal.

Wedding reception

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

Sheila and her team helped make our reception a night to remember! Food and service was excellent! Would definitely use them again.

2014-11-01T21:25:29 Response from the vendor

Call Sheila Brooks in our office for personal attention as you book your wedding reception. She is known for her dedication to the details!

June Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

We loved working with Nelson's. They where very helpful and Shelia was great to deal with. Our wedding party enjoyed their food and they where very good about setting up due to our wedding moving indoors due to rain.

2014-11-01T21:27:04 Response from the vendor

sometimes it rains....we can go with the "flow" and make sure your meal is still setup on time and served hot and fresh. We know you have put months of effort and energy in creating a perfect reception. Nelson's staff will always put your wishes... Read Less Read More

Best Around!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Kayla A

We chose Nelson's Catering for their delicious food and menu selections. No caterers in our area compare to the quality of Nelson's. We still have people talking about how great the food was at our wedding 4 months later, even people who were not at our wedding. Guests begged us... Read More to take any leftover food off our hands... it was that TASTY! The entire staff was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. Our venue was over an hour and a half south of Springfield, but that did not bother them. Even after getting a flat tire on the way down, their service was impeccable and the food still tasted as if it just came out of the oven. No one even knew they had that hiccup. As a bride, I felt food was one of the most important items to spend money because it is what everyone will remember. Just two weekends ago, my husband and I attended a wedding at our same venue with a different caterer and overheard some say they just couldn’t get excited about going to other weddings after being at ours because the food never compares to Nelson’s. That sure put a smile on our faces! If you are looking for high quality food that taste just like a home cooked meal, Nelson’s is the BEST!

2014-11-01T21:22:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the compliments. We pride ourselves on working through delays and making sure your meal is served on time no matter what happens! Your family was a treat to work with. Your GIANT pie bar was an awesome idea! Thank you again for... Read Less Read More

Everything I Thought It Would Be!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jordan K

I can't say enough about how excellent my experience with Nelson's Catering was. From my first interaction (a complimentary tasting) to the wonderful dinner that highlighted our reception, Nelson's was nothing short of perfect. They worked within my budget and executed a... Read More wonderful, memorable presentation at my reception. I definitely recommend them to all of my friends and coworkers.

2014-11-01T21:31:05 Response from the vendor

complimentary tastings are relaxed, fun, and a great way to experience our many delicious selections. We encourage all engaged couples and their families to join us for a night out with Nelson's. Come with an appetite and learn about our quality ingredients, savory entrees, and... Read Less Read More

Big Wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Amy G

Nelson's is SO EASY to work with- very flexible and worked with the menu that we wanted. We had a small budget with a HUGE guest list, and they made it work and people RAVED about the food and the service. NEVER a bad experience with Sheila and her Crew!

2014-11-01T21:33:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you from Sheila and CREW! We are very pleased to hear your guests loved the menu you selected. This is real food folks! Nobody goes hungry. Everyone enjoys the flavors. We are here with flexible menu options to feed your guests on your special... Read Less Read More

A+++ yum yum

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jessica J

We used Nelsons for our wedding and they were excellent! Everyone enjoyed the food and the staff was nothing less than professional. There was plenty for the amount of guests we had & they boxed up the leftovers for us to pick up the next day. Even when we had a discrepency... Read More with our final bill, they were very helpful in taking care of the problem immediately. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an affordable Fayette in the central Illinois area. You won't regret it!

2014-11-01T21:38:13 Response from the vendor

We thank you for the A+++. Every event is important to our staff. We know this is a big day with big expenses but our goal is to always serve a delicious meal with amazing service.

Great caterers

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Ann C

The food is excellent, the service is excellent. Nelson's is very easy to work with.

Wedding Caterer

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Crystal H

They were on time and prepared. They were very nice and did a great job. The food was really good especially the bbq pork. I would definitely have them again.

Great food and staff

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Amanda M

We used Nelson's for our wedding last weekend and they were fabulous. From the time we found them at the Bridal Show, through the tasting and the final event everything was great. My guests raved about the food and how delicious it was. I over-ordered and they were gracious... Read More enough to bring carry-home containers for us so that we could take the extra food home, which we then ate as a Sunday supper with our family before we opened our gifts. It worked out perfectly and the staff was very courteous and professional. I would recommend them for any upcoming events that you might have.

Linda C.

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Linda C

Nelson's was so easy to work with and put up with all of my questions and changes. The food was excellent and their staff was professional and helpful. The food was always filled and you never really knew they were there! They were fabulous and I would work with them again in... Read More a heartbeat. Thanks Nelsons!

Good food, GREAT service!

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Miriam B

The food from Nelson's was not the best food I have ever eaten. But our guests left full and happy. The price was reasonable (still not cheap) and their service was phenomenal. They hosted several tastings in the area, which was super helpful for choosing the menu. Sheila, their... Read More manager, went out of her way to help us make the day exactly what we wanted. They are experienced and it showed on the wedding day. Every staff member knew exactly what they were doing and pulled the whole thing off without a hitch. They also made the buffet table look beautiful, which is a feat.

Delicious and light on the wallet!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Evie M

I ended up choosing Nelson's as my caterer based on price and customer service, but in the end the biggest perk was the food was great! Everyone I spoke with at Nelson's was very helpful and gave detailed responses to all my questions (there was a lot) I was on a very tight... Read More budget and they were very helpful in creating a wedding menu that I could afford and not pressure me into adding on extras. I did a buffet, but the service included drinks and the clearing of the plates. All my guests were telling me how awesome the pulled pork and corn medley was. I would highly recommend Nelson's pulled pork buffet for any laid back wedding - it was great.

Great Service, Great Food, Very Adaptable

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Megan L

Everything with Nelson's Catering was a pleasure. Our tasting and invidual meeting was fun and we were made to feel special and that the staff cared about our special day. The Food was all very good and had the summer, outdoors feel that we were looking for with our wedding. All... Read More the staff from the manager to the bartenders provided service with a genuine smile. The food was all warm, delicious and plentiful. Everyone raved about the salad dressing! It poured down rain on our wedding day and our outdoor cocktail hour couldn't happen as planned. We had a room full of people about 1.5 hours earlier then expected. Our guests snacked on our popcorn bar and were entertained but there wasn't much to do inthe rain. I started to worry what we would do with all that time while it poured down rain outside, when the salads started to appear out of the kitchen. The staff managed to get everything out early because the rain forced a schedule change. I was very impressed with the service and will reccomend them to everyone!

2014-07-24T11:45:51 Response from the vendor

We pride ourselves on adapting to the situation at hand. Thanks for having Nelsons Catering provide the meal for your wedding reception!

Personal service

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Annie M

Nelson's was great for our wedding! They were in constant contact with us leading up to the big day and the food was amazing! People loved their chicken and prime rib, plus the amazing cheesy potatoes. It fit our wedding perfectly!

wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Cassie M

Nelson's was awesome! They are relatively new to our area as they have mainly focused on the Springfield area and towns around / near Peoria, but not Peoria itself. We worked closely with Ashley. She responded quickly via email or phone to all of our questions and concerns. We... Read More worked out small dramas the week of the wedding with no problems. Nelson's was also the **ONLY** Catering company we contacted who was willing to offer a military discount. They had the most impressive tasting as well; personalized folders, personalized table cards, free DVDs with pictures of past events and a one-on-one discussion with the caterer. I highly recommend Nelson's; great pricing, easy to work with and the food was fantastic! (Also, as a side note, they offer to let you pick up the leftovers from your event OR donate them to underprivileged children--WHO ELSE DOES THAT?!)

Good Eats

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Niquita R

Nelson's catering did a great job of taking care of us. Our journey with them began when my parents and I went to a tasting they hosted and were fed delicious food. Because my husband and I both come from big families, there were a lot of mouths to feed at the reception. I... Read More appreciate that Nelson's could provide us with yummy appetizers at a reasonable prize and were flexible in working with us and meeting our needs. Thanks!

Awesome

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Valerie d

Great customer service. Food was great and beautifully displayed. They met and exceeded my expectations.