Nikki Mills

Natural and romantic photography. Together, we will tell the story of your day; the quiet moments, beautiful details, and your experience. Please email me for pricing, I would love to discuss your wedding day and see if I might be the best fit for you.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Destination Weddings, Second Shooter Available

166 Winona Drive, Toronto, ON (416) 500-9907

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Jessica D

With how much time and effort goes into planning a wedding, the one tangible piece that remains from that day are the photographs. I had exceedingly high expectations and searched high and low for the perfect photographer and I can truly say that I found that in Nikki Mills. She... Read More is extremely professional and exudes talent. Although I am biased, I honestly believe my wedding photos are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen and I owe that to the keen eye and talent of my photographer. Every single photo looks as though it could be in an editorial spread and they truly capture the love and romance of that day. Nikki is worth her weight gold and I am so happy that I can relive the happiest day of my life through the beauty of her photographs! Thank you again Nikki Mills and I hope to work with you again some day!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Allison B

We had a great experience with Nikki and would recommend her to anyone looking for a professional yet easy-going photographer. Planning the photos prior to the wedding was an easy process and Nikki answered all of my questions quickly. It was a relief to have a vendor as... Read More organized as her. On the day of our wedding Nikki showed up on time and made everyone feel comfortable. She captured lots of candid getting ready photos that I will treasure forever. I was feeling stressed in the morning because hair and make-up was behind and the limo was late. Nikki kept me calm by reassuring me she still had time to get all the photos I was hoping for. At the end of the night she asked us if we needed any extra photos before she left. I thought this was a nice touch. The best part of all is that we ended up with hundreds and hundreds of amazing photos to choose from. We opted for the extra photographer and I would recommend doing that if you can. The photos are beautiful and capture the moments of the day perfectly. I was looking for a cheery, light style and the photos are exactly that. Her editing was fantastic and I just can't say enough positive things about her. Don't hesitate to hire Nikki for your special day.

2016-03-28T14:10:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the thoughtful review Alison! You were such a pleasure to work with. I hope we get a chance to work together again in the future :)

She shoots best candid pictures.

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Heidi P

My wedding happened in the past June this year and I am so glad that I chose her. We had an amazing experience with Nikki throughout the engagement shots and our wedding day. Nikki had been very helpful and prompt with any questions come up from the beginning of my wedding... Read More plan. Nikki was also willing to help me with finding any other vendors such as a make-up artist, a videographer, or even a wedding planner. Plus, Nikki was flexible and accommodating that I had no problem setting up the dates for the engagement shot or communicating with her. My wedding day was filled with so much joy and laughter. Nikki blended in so well and she seemed like one of our friends, and yet she captured every moment and emotion that I wish to remember for a long time. Nikki's photos have stories not just poses. Every time I look at my wedding photos I feel like I am in that moment. I can't say enough about Nikki. You will not regret having her on your most important day.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Lindsay Y

We loved working with Nikki. From the minute we started talking with her, she understood exactly what we were looking for. We wanted a lot of candids and she did a brilliant job - I can't believe it was just her at the wedding - she managed to get everything! We have some... Read More hilarious ones of the fun on the dance floor, great shots of the food (one of my fave parts of the wedding) and she was able to capture the vibe really well. She got photos of all the guests (100) and managed to get a photo of the kiss, even though I'm pretty sure we only kissed for a second. We're SO happy with all of the photos and the way she told the story of the whole day. Thank you, NikkI!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sarah G

Nikki is absolutely wonderful to work with. She is flexible, kind, easy to work with, and not to mention extremely talented and artistic. Our wedding photos are absolutely stunning. Thank you Nikki! Youssef and I love our engagement and wedding photos!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jennifer H

We are so grateful to have found Nikki to be our photographer for our engagement session and wedding day. It took me so long to find a wedding photographer but Nikki is a gem and was soo worth it - even before we met for coffee I knew she was the one. When I looked through her... Read More portfolio I noticed that her style was authentic, which is exactly how I wanted our wedding day to be reflected. Her energy is calm and laid back but professional and trustworthy – so easy to let her do her thing!! The way she captured our day was so natural/effortless in a way where you don't even know she is there. She just let's the day happen and doesn't give too much direction which let's you just be yourself in front of the camera. Our photos are beautiful and we are so proud to share with our friends and family. When I look through our gallery I just kind of melt and makes me want to be in front on Nikki's camera again. Thank you Nikki for your amazing work!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Melissa F

After reading MANY reviews of wedding photographers online, we stumbled across Nikki. We liked how she captured the small, candid moments in her photography and felt as though she would be the best option for us. Nikki's communication leading up to our wedding was fantastic and... Read More her welcome package provided us with all of the information we needed. Nikki shot our wedding on one of the hottest days of the summer downtown Toronto. She showed up on time and made me feel at ease throughout the entire day, even when we got stuck in traffic and had to postpone our couple and bridal party portraits until after the ceremony. Even though we were slightly crunched for time and were feeling the heat, the pictures did not reflect it. Her ability to capture natural light was incredible and it was difficult for us to narrow down our favourites out the the hundreds of photos she provided us with. Nikki has a true talent and in my opinion, would be an obvious choice when booking a wedding photographer. Nikki, thank you so much for providing us with amazing photos that captured our day perfectly. We are very grateful!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Sarah G

Nikki is absolutely amazing. She is so kind, easy to work with, and very flexible, not to mention extremely talented and artistic. We are in love with both our engagement and wedding photos.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Natalie B

Nikki shot our Niagara-on-the-Lake wedding this August (2016). Nikki was the PERFECT wedding photographer. She is professional, diligent and above all, extremely talented! Nikki has a gift for capturing the most perfect moments, both posed and candid. Photos guide us to revisit... Read More and remember our special, I am so glad that we invested in the services of Nikki Mills Photography to ensure that we can cherish our wedding for many years to come!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Jessica V

So happy! We cannot say enough good things about Nikki. She is professional, excellent at communicating, and overall a pleasure to work with. She was able to capture so many memories and emotions from our special day, telling a story through her pictures. We highly recommend... Read More Nikki to photograph your wedding. You will not be disappointed! Thanks again Nikki!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Vivian P

I can’t say enough about how amazing Nikki is! From our engagement session to our wedding day, she captured every moment perfectly. As someone who isn’t overly comfortable in front of a camera, I can say that Nikki made me feel like a natural. She is wonderful to work with –... Read More easy going and calm, but makes sure all the important shots are taken. Nikki’s photos are so natural, dreamy and romantic. Looking at them is like reliving our big day. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a timeless, beautiful collection of wedding photos. Thank you again Nikki!

Nikki is amazing!

Reviewed on 1/22/2015 Pamela C

Our wedding was a very small and cozy affair with immediate friends and family, at our home. We had a total of 15 people in our backyard for the ceremony, with lunch afterwards. Nikki did an incredible job of capturing our spirit, despite the non-standard wedding... Read More circumstance. With close to no details of what to expect, she was able to come out with the perfect shots that showcased our favorite neighborhood and interactions with our family. After the wedding, we received the sneak peak photos and copies of all the edited photos quickly. Nikki also sent us a USB key directly to our house, everything was easy and trouble free. I would recommend Nikki to anyone who is looking for a talented photographer with a modern, yet timeless style. Overall, she is someone you trust will beautifully capture your wedding or special event in a hassle free way.

The word "AMAZING" just doesn't suffice.

Reviewed on 2/07/2014 Ginelle E

If I had to sum up Nikki Mills service, quality of service, value and overall performance/production in just one word I would describe it as IMPECCABLE. She was very professional in all aspects. She went over and beyond the call of duty of a photographer, including giving ideas... Read More and helping to execute them. She was ever so patient with my overbearing family constantly getting in her way during some of the wedding festivities. She was punctual, spontaneous (in regards to the bride+groom pics). If something worked well randomly while taking photos she would run with it and it always worked out perfectly. She was also very good at making my husband and I feel very comfortable. We took the full package she had to offer which included the actual album in the end. Words cannot describe how amazing and exquisite it turned out. It was like something out of movie. The hard (leather) cover, thick pages, the layout, I still get goose bumps looking at it. My friends and family who have seen it cannot stop complimenting it and my photographer. It is honestly artwork. From the time of my wedding date to when I received the full album she stayed in full contact with me. Giving me updates via email, sneak peeks at some of the photos, and how the process was going overall. I was never out of the loop. On top of my photo album she included a personalized usb stick that came with a beautiful case. Choosing the end photos for the album was the hardest part of this whole thing because every single photo was as good as the last and there were so many to choose from. Overall, if I had to do this all over again, but her charging price was doubled, I’d pay it in a second because she is worth EVERY CENT. Personally, photos are one of the most important parts of a wedding. Having every memory saved and treasured for life. If you want quality work, fair pricing, and all the in betweens Nikki Mills is the only option and I will forever hire her for any photography related, important event I have in my life. She is just THAT good. My wedding was in Toronto, ON at the Casa Loma castle. She asked if I would mind if she submitted my photos to a few magazines and it got picked up in the very popular, Wedding Bells Magazine. The photos were that good. And just another added keepsake for myself and my husband..and family members thanks to Nikki Mills :)

Amazing Engagement & Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 11/29/2013 Caitlin R

I found Nikki through a Facebook ad and right away I was in love with her website. Her photos completely matched the candidness of what we wanted for our wedding and after speaking with her I knew it was a great fit. We started with engagement photos in the Fall on Cherry... Read More Beach in Toronto, where my (now) husband proposed to me. Nikki made us feel very relaxed in front of the camera and the photos turned out even better than expected. Not to mention, uber quickly which is great when you're so excited to see them! This past summer was our wedding at Clevelands House in Muskoka. Nikki was so accommodating coming up from the city to shoot the full day. She managed to capture important moments both where I was getting ready AND where my husband was getting ready with just herself! We absolutely loved going through all 1100+ photos should took (!!) a few months later as we were able to relive our big day! Not to mention she gave us a small selection of photos as soon as we got back from our honeymoon which tied us over until she was done. It was well worth the wait! I would highly recommend Nikki to any bride or planner. She's incredibly professional, follows up with you on all the important details and is just a really nice down to earth gal to have as part of your wedding team!

happy bride!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 liz b

From start to finish, we thoroughly enjoyed working with Nikki Mills. Talented, professional, organized, and easy going. Very responsive to all of our needs and requests. She captured the most amazing candid moments from our day. The photos were beautiful and timeless. Thank... Read More you Nikki!

fantastic experience, amazing photos.

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 lauren f

My husband and I planned our August wedding from a long distance, and Nikki was incredible from start to finish. We were really drawn to her portfolio once we saw it online, and knew that she needed to be our photographer! We met with her once before the wedding (basically an... Read More entire year before!), and she took everything we said to heart. Nikki has a very calming presence, and she was extremely helpful in every way. If I needed to reapply my lipstick, she offered to hold my clutch. If we had no idea what to do or where to stand, she gave us some advice. She captured the entire event with such tremendous care and attention to intimate moments. She's also brilliant at creating beautiful shots, especially when we went for a bit of a post-ceremony walk. All of our photos are stunning, and they bring me right back to each moment captured. I love looking at them! I can't recommend Nikki highly enough! Her aesthetic is fantastic and she is awesome.

Captured the Best of our Day

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 nicki h

We had a small wedding and Nikki photographed our ceremony and the reception that followed. We asked her to focus on our guests and she did just that! Not only did we get stunning photographs of our ceremony and the wedding party, but we ended up with at least one or two... Read More beautiful shots of every guest. It was such a treat to be able to forward the photos of the guests back to them along with thank-you notes. I am 100% satisfied with Nikki's professionalism, communication, and wonderful quality product.

Couldn't be Happier!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Lisa M

Nikki Mills did a great job! She was very professional and blended into the background while still capturing amazing photos. Our ceremony was later in the day and she met us at the hotel to capture "getting ready" photos before the ceremony and got some great photos during the... Read More ceremony. She was also able to capture all of the family, wedding party and the bride and groom photos during our cocktail hour which was literally an hour. She was efficient and kept us on schedule. She even stayed a little bit later than she was supposed to in order to capture our first dance and cake cutting. She delivered the photos when she said she was going to and everyone who has seen them has been impressed! We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Lisa & Michael

Nikki is a gem of a talent!

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Michelle L

Nikki shot our wedding this past June. Since the day I saw her portfolio, I knew that she was 'the one.' There was something about her photographs that stood out among other portfolios, I still can't put my finger on it, but I'm so happy with our photos. She exceeded so many... Read More of my expectations. She was always prompt with e-mails, and always open to discuss anything I had on my mind. Prompt replies are soo cherished when planning a wedding! She knows that brides notice the details, and delivers. She sent us a small booklet giving us makeup tips and posing tips before the wedding, amidst the chaos of planning the wedding, that gave me re-assurance that Nikki was someone I didn't have to worry about. She was so easy-going the day of the wedding. But at the same time she was aware of timelines and was assertive with the people around us when she needed to be. She was so easy-going and friendly that my sister assumed we were friends from before! The morning after the wedding she sent my husband and I a photo-text of a picture from the wedding day, sent us previews weeks after that and then at the end sent us almost 1500 edited photos! There were so many little details Nikki added in that caused my jaw to drop or my eyebrows to raise. When I look back on all the 'extras' we received from choosing Nikki it's actually one of the only times I didn't feel like I was paying more for the service because I was getting married. Look no further!! Thank you for my wonderful experience Nikki!!!

We highly recommend Nikki!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013

Nikki was amazing to work with. She made everything seem easy - especially on the day of the wedding. She was always available to answer our questions and to provide information. She was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. We are also extremely happy with... Read More the photos - she covered every detail and even stayed late the night of the wedding to make sure that she captured everything. Thank you Nikki!!

Thank You Nikki!

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 kristen h

From the beginning Nikki was very professional and reassuring. She has the perfect balance of giving direction and not interfering with what you want. The day of our wedding Nikki was great, she had to work with our 14 person wedding party and she rocked it! Her clam presence... Read More filtered through to my husband myself & which made our day that much more enjoyable. You will not be disappointed!

Nikki is wonderful....

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Tara C

We had a blast with Nikki- she is calm, cool and super fun! She totally listened to us, was great to suggest ideas and do things last minute, her check ins were great and the photos... wow! Exactly what we wanted! You won't be disappointed! :)

We LOVE Nikki!

Reviewed on 4/22/2013 Nikke S

We fell in love with Nikki because of her photography style: intimate, romantic, and artistic. Nikki was professional from the start. She replied our emails promptly and she was always on time. She blended in nicely and we never felt overwhelmed or distracted by her presence.... Read More She's a truly talented photographer and her work definitely speaks for itself. Our pictures turn out amazing and we couldn't wait to frame them on our new house. Thanks again, Nikki!

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 3/25/2013 Shannon P

We found Nikki while searching online for a photographer in the Toronto area who specialized in vintage photography. When we contacted Nikki by email, we found her to be very quick to get back to us; which was an issue we were having with other photographers we had... Read More contacted. We never actually met Nikki in person until the day of the wedding as we do not live in the Toronto area, but her communication efforts leading up to the day were exceptional. We were planning a winter wedding on a budget and Nikki was able to work with us on an affordable rate, which was also great of course since other photographers specializing in the same type of photos were completely out of our price range. Nikki was very professional and thorough during the entire process, and was an absolute pleasure to work with on our wedding day. She has a wonderful disposition and an incredible ability to make you feel comfortable. She had great vision for us from the very beginning, and did an amazing job capturing intimate moments.. We received a preview of our wedding photos one week after our wedding day and received our edited photos a just a few weeks later. Nikki was also able to make any additional editing that we asked for. Overall we had a wonderful experience with Nikki Mills Photography and would be happy to refer her to friends and family in the future. Cheers! Shannon & Jonathan

Couldn't be Happier!

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Neena G

Nikki is the best photographer we could have asked for! She is unbelievably talented and captured the subtle, sweet moments of our special day. She made us feel comfortable from the start, and embraced our quirky sides. For our engagement shoot, Nikki was really flexible and... Read More was cool re-scheduling a few days when the weather wasn't the greatest. She made everything easy, presented packages that were the most cost effective for us. Thanks so much for the most beautiful pictures, being so easy-going and for taking part in our big day Nikki!