Nonantum Resort

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

95 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, ME

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Erica Q

This venue was more than I could have imagined. Dawn and the Nonantum staff were all amazing to work with from the moment we met them for the first time! I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else!! We were lucky enough to have a beautiful day for our wedding, but... Read More were prepared to have an indoor ceremony if needed. There was no need to sweat it because you couldn't go wrong! Both indoor and outdoor ceremony sights are absolutely to die for! Thank you to everyone at the Nonantum for making our day so special and perfect!!! And a big shout out to Dawn for all her dedication and hard work!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Cathy J

The Nonantum gave us the wedding of our dreams! We had a welcome party, the ceremony, reception, and brunch at the resort and I can't say with enough emphasis how incredible everything was from start to finish. Dawn and Meg were literally THE BEST! For any couple the hardest... Read More part is the planning; there are so many questions and options, it can seem overwhelming. However, when working with Dawn, it feels as though anything is possible. She is so patient and wonderful, it really makes the experience enjoyable and even more so, it was so much fun. Mark and his team were incredible as well, making sure we had whatever we wanted served at the bar and always so friendly, our guest even commented on how nice they were. I can’t say enough how much we love the staff at The Nonantum. They will always be friends and people we will look back on with so much appreciation for all they did to make our wedding, well, perfect. If you have the opportunity, I would HIGHLY recommend booking your event with them.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Lauren B

I wish I could give The Nonantum more than 5 stars. From start to finish, our wedding weekend was perfect. Tim and his staff do an amazing job from set up to break down. The food was delicious and they offer the ability to customize the menu so you aren't stuck with packages.... Read More Prior to the wedding weekend, Tim was responsive, quick to help out and easy to work with. Many of my guests have since commented on how great the Nonantum is and how amazing the wedding was. I owe it all to them!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Zach T

We were beyond thrilled with our wedding at the Nonantum. Our wonderful event planner Ariel was accessible, helpful, and on top of everything. The staff could not have been more accommodating or friendly. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and it was so nice to have many of our... Read More guests stay on site and enjoy the property to its fullest. We made it a priority to actually eat our food during the wedding (unlike most couples) because it was so delicious. Absolutely everything was taken care of, and I could not recommend this venue more highly.

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Krista F

I am so happy my husband and I had our wedding reception at the Nonantum! It was the best day of our lives and we highly recommend this venue to future brides and grooms! I grew up visiting Kennebunkport and knew I wanted to get married in the area and when we visited the... Read More Nonantum, we knew right away it was the perfect venue. From the very beginning, the staff here answered all of my questions promptly and provided us with a lot of information to help us plan our big day. Dawn was extremely helpful throughout the year of planning and helped us stay organized and calm. We live in Los Angeles and were worried about planning from across the country, but Dawn made it easy to plan everything. She answered all of our questions quickly and gave us great advice when we needed to make decisions. The Nonantum was willing to offer whatever we wanted for our wedding day and it turned out to be the perfect day! The food was delicious, the venue was beautifully decorated, the staff was professional, and everything went according to plan. We had so much fun!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Lisa G

We had our wedding reception at the Nonantum Resort on September 25th! Everything was perfect!! I could not have asked for a better venue! Dawn was our wedding coordinator and was amazing to work with throughout the whole process. She was extremely responsive and answered every... Read More question I had from day one. She worked with us closely every step of the way! I felt like I was the only bride! I knew I wouldn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day and I was right. From the minute I stepped out of the limo Dawn and the Nonantum staff were there to greet us and make sure the night went perfectly (the run of show was flawless). The service from all staff was amazing and accommodating. From planning, to set up, to the night of the event, - everything was on point. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious! Again, I can't say enough amazing things about the Nonantum Resort. I highly recommend it! T

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Tara L

My husband and I got married at the Nonantum Resort on October 17th of this year. We couldn't be happier with the resort, it's staff, the overall atmosphere, food and other vendors we chose!! Our wedding was amazing and was seemingly flawless and our guests had a great time!... Read More The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating right from the beginning when we first visited the resort in search of a venue for our destination wedding. Everything went beautifully (right from the beginning) mainly thanks to our outstanding coordinator, Ariel Taschereau! She was always approachable and responsive/helpful when dealing with my many emails and phone calls leading up to the wedding. Perhaps most importantly, she really made our wedding day stress free. We were able to enjoy the entire day without having to worry about a single detail. If I could, I would give the resort much more than 5 stars!!! Thank you to everyone at Nonantum who made our day so wonderful!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Desiree D

The Nonantum deserves far more than 5 stars. Picking the Nonantum as my wedding venue was the best decision. It is so much more than a wedding venue. When I booked the Nonantum, I knew I was getting a gorgeous location. What I didn't realize was that I was also getting... Read More amazing food (seriously, people couldn't stop talking about how good it was!), and the most unbelievable staff, including a wedding coordinator (think: Fairy Godmother). Dawn was our wedding coordinator and I can't say enough good things about her. My family, husband and I invited people to come up to Kennebunkport early so that people could have a mini-vacation as part of our wedding. I had 4-5 people remark on how calm I was leading up to my wedding day (and it was supposed to rain and we had an outdoor tent wedding!!). Some of the exact terminology was "you are as cool as a cucumber". The reason? Fairy Godmother Dawn. I had met with her before, we had done the food tasting, I had emailed back and forth with Dawn, and my mother was working closely with Dawn. I knew that no matter what went wrong (like when I told Dawn I would be bringing the cake cutting utensils that my aunt had given us and completely forgot), it would be fixed and perfect by the time my guests arrived (and guess what?!? Dawn noticed that I hadn't remembered the cake cutting utensils and there was a lovely set just waiting for my husband and I to use to cut our cake). In addition, if you tell the Nonantum that something is important to you (no matter how big or small), it will be done. I told Dawn that arriving on a boat was really important to my husband and I. She coordinated with a local fisherman to use his mother's dock so that we could arrive by boat. People still comment to me how awesome it was that we arrived by boat. In fact, people continually comment to me, even months after my wedding, that it was the best wedding they have every attended. I honestly couldn't be happier with my wedding. I tell my friends who are getting married now and stressing over decisions that seem huge (roses or peonies?) that no matter what decision you are making now, the day of your wedding it will seem like the right decision. However, I know that is true because I chose the Nonantum. Having my guests arrive to a gorgeous cocktail party along the water with friendly staff serving drinks and amazing food (think: lobster crostinis, scallops served in bacon, etc.). Plus, the second my husband and I arrived, Dawn had drinks waiting for us and snacks (yes!!!! She even had special snacks for me because I'm allergic to all dairy). I should also mention that Dawn went out of her way to find me a dairy free cake so that I could have some cake during our cake cutting. Above and beyond... that is the Nonantum's way. I HIGHLY recommend the Nonatum for any future wedding for function (I'm already thinking about my 10 year anniversary at the Nonantum!!). You will be getting so much more than a beautiful location and as you will realize on your wedding day, it will be the best decision you made!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

The Nonantum was the perfect venue for our wedding! Not only is the location picturesque, but the staff was so friendly and welcoming to us and our guests! Tim Ames made our long distance wedding planning easy! He made fabulous vendor recommendations! He helped us... Read More incorporate details and touches that were unique and important to us into our wedding day. Tim and his staff made the day flow so smoothly. I got to enjoy the planning and the wedding day without the stress that a lot of brides have. People still talk about the food and how amazing it was!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

If I could give more stars I would. My wife and I were married at the Nonantum this past July. After visiting other reception sites we were struck not only by the picturesque coastal setting and beautiful function rooms, but also the helpfulness of the facility staff. Our... Read More goal was to plan a memorable event for us, our family, and friends while avoiding the stresses we had been told that come with wedding planning. Tim and the rest of the Nonantum team totally made this happen! The calming nature and can-do attitude of everyone here is contagious. Job well done. All of our special requests were handled perfectly and we couldn't have been happier. The Nonantum has given us memories that will last a lifetime and we still have friends and family that wont stop talking about how great the food was.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kayla M

If I could give The Nonantum 10 stars, I would. I knew immediately after walking in over a year ago, that my wedding would be there. Tim was so warm and welcoming. I felt like I had known him for years. He made planning my wedding easy. The staff was amazing! So kind,... Read More hardworking and helpful! I can't say enough good things about the food. We were told by several guests that it was the best wedding food they've ever had! It was definitely the best night of our lives and we have The Nonantum to thank for that!! I can't wait to go back for a glass of champagne on our 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

My husband and I had our reception at the Nonantum and it was truly the most wonderful event! It is such a beautiful place on the coast of Maine with just the right combination of rustic charm and modern amenities. The setting was just perfect and every detail was tended to.... Read More We had a magical day there with all of our friends and family and we could not have asked for a better experience from all of the wonderful staff at the Nonantum!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We could not have chosen a better location for our Maine wedding. The food was fantastic (we sent the chef some traditional New Mexican foods and they did a great job) the evening of the tasting went so well, we had no changes to make. The staff is so professional, organized,... Read More and CALM that I never worried about how things were going or if my guests were being treated well. They were beyond accommodating to all my requests and wishes. They recommended other vendors for me since I was planning the wedding from California; I appreciated having their resources to look into. The Nonantum is simply top notch. My husband and I go back every summer to visit. What's wonderful is that 6 years later, our guests still bring up our wedding and how perfect it was. The scenery is breathtaking but the way you are treated while at the resort is first class. If I could my day over again, I would have it at no other location. I'd choose Nonantum in a heartbeat! I love them and am grateful for my perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Our son and his beautiful bride were married at the Nonantum on September 20th and we are still raving about their absolutely perfect day. This was due in large part to Dawn, their exceptional wedding coordinator! She was always two steps ahead of us and anticipated our every... Read More need. We feel fortunate to have had such a caring professional guiding us on our son's special day! In addition, the entire staff at the Nonantum was friendly and helpful, the food was excellent, the setting was exquisite, and it was a perfect day! Thank you to everyone at the Nonantum for exceeding our expectations...we cannot praise you enough!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kathryn A

Our daughter's wedding was held at the Nonantum this past June (2015). It is unquestionably the best place for a wedding, having a spectacular location on the water, a gorgeous facility, and a team of workers that made carrying out the whole event appear to be effortless. Tim... Read More Ames, the wedding coordinator, treated us like family, ensuring that everything went smoothly and working behind the scenes every minute. The staff were professional at all times but always had smiles on their faces. Our guests raved about the venue. Thank you, Tim and your wonderful team.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Suzi S

My husband and I had our dream wedding a few weeks ago at the Nonantum. We fell in love with the Nonantum right away and we could not have asked for a better venue, location, or staff. Our event contact, Tim Ames, could not have been nicer or easier to work with. We were... Read More planning our wedding from a distance and Tim provided comfort and was very responsive during the whole planning process. Every single detail was taken care of the day of the wedding by the Nonantum staff, I didn't have anything to worry about - I was actually able to relax and enjoy my wedding. Every detail had a special touch - their extremely kind staff went above and beyond for us by having drinks and appetizers waiting for the bridal party upon arrival and by treating our guests with the utmost respect. I cannot say enough good things about the Nonantum. It is a beautiful venue with great views of the Kennebunk River and a lovely ballroom for a large reception... but ultimately, Tim and his staff were what made our dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Corrine

Our son was married on the property on October 17th. It was the most beautiful setting. Everything went perfectly and the staff was very accommodating to every detail. The reception ballroom was very elegant and the food was delicious. Everyone had a wonderful time and can't... Read More wait to come back for a visit!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Daniele C

I highly recommend The Nonantum Resort! From my first visit to the resort for a tour to the day after my wedding, I experienced nothing but the best and friendliest service from every one at the Nonantum. My wedding coordinator, Ariel, was an instant friend. She went above and... Read More beyond to make my dream wedding come true and was always available to meet or talk on the phone to go over details with me. The entire day was perfect, with no hiccups thanks to her and the rest of her staff! The setting is just beautiful and all of my guests had a wonderful time, they are still talking about it months later! My husband and I can't wait to return to the Nonantum every year to celebrate our anniversary.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Tim and the rest of the Nonantum staff were absolutely wonderful to work with on our wedding day this September. The wedding was so amazingly joyful and happy, in large part because the Nonantum team made everything happen smoothly behind the scenes. Couldn't have found a more... Read More perfect venue.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Ariel P

We got married on Sunday, September 20 and we could not have had a more perfect day. The Nonantum Resort played a huge part in making that happen. The staff at the Nonantum is hands down amazing. They will go above and beyond to make everyone at the event feel special. Dawn, our... Read More wedding coordinator, is a huge asset to the Nonantum. She made sure that everything was exactly as we had envisioned and we could not have asked for a more experienced coordinator. The food at the Nonantum was beyond our expectation. Everyone has been raving about it since! The Nonantum knows how to put on one amazing event!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

We were married at the Nonantum on July 18th and cannot say enough wonderful things about this amazing venue. The location is absolutely stunning with the Maine coast in the background. The food and service are top notch. It is also walkable to to the beach and to the quaint... Read More downtown filled with adorable shops and restaurants. We loved that our guests could come for the weekend and enjoy the adorable town of Kennebunkport. The staff at the Nonantum are hands down AMAZING. We had a welcome party on the lawn Friday evening, our ceremony and reception Saturday and then a brunch on Sunday. A lot of the same staff worked all three of these events and everyday they would go above and beyond to make the event perfect and make us feel like royalty. I know they worked very long hours each day to make this happen but they never made it seem like they did. Our wedding planner Tim is by far the best thing about the Nonantum. They are very lucky to have him. I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He made my life so much easier throughout the wedding planning process and made our wedding beautiful and stress free. He genuinely cared about us and our guests and it showed. We were able to enjoy the best day of our lives and take everything in because he took care of everything else. From coordinating with vendors, checking the weather every 10 minutes so I didn't have to worry, decorating our ceremony and reception exactly how I described, he did it all with a friendly smile. We have received many compliments about how our wedding was one of the most beautiful and seamless weddings they’ve ever attended and we owe a lot of this to Tim!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Nikola B

My 9/13 wedding at the Nonantum was everything I imagined it would be. Dawn was so amazing at answering every single question and handling every situation that may have arisen prior to and during the wedding weekend. Everyone who came has said it was the most fun wedding they... Read More have been to (and they claim they do not say that to every bride:)) If you are looking for New England Charm of a B&B with a classy resort feel, than this is the place for you. The coordinators make you feel like your wedding is the only one happening that season and that is something special. Every single staff member there is what makes the experience so amazing. Even with my wild 180 person wedding party, who caused some trouble I am sure, everyone walked away happy and with the best memories. There really are not enough words to express how much I would recommend Nonantum to any prospective Brides. Thanks again Nonantum! Nikola Bureau (the "Sunday" bride)

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Emily S

We had our wedding at the Nonantum at the end of June. Our wedding day and planning experience truly exceeded our expectations. We were so sad when it was over because it was truly our favorite day ever. Dawn was our coordinator and was wonderful. She responded to all... Read More emails quickly and was willing to make time to meet with us when we were in town to meet with other vendors. She was incredibly flexible when we had to cancel a few people last minute due to medical emergencies. She made sure things went off seamlessly. Aside from the insanely gorgeous lawn making it a heart choice, the Nonantum also has amazing food. Our guests kept raving about the food and I can honestly say it is some of the best "wedding food". I have had. We are so excited to come back in the future!

A Perfect Coastal Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Dolly H

If you are looking for the perfect spot for a coastal wedding, look no further. My husband and I were married back in July and people are still talking about how wonderful our wedding was! Tim did an amazing job helping us plan out every little detail. Chef Jeff also helped... Read More us create a custom made menu that our guests thoroughly enjoyed. Everyone at the Nonantum was friendly and accommodating. It truly was the perfect place for our wedding reception.

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Chelsea E

We had a perfect wedding! It was everything we could have asked for.