Nonantum Resort

Kennebunkport, ME

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

If the subtle sounds of nature and a golden afternoon or setting evening sun—all enjoyed from the river’s edge—seem like the ideal backdrop for your dream wedding, then the Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport, ME, is an ideal choice. Mixing the sophistication of spectacular open-air venues with chic decor and warm indoor spaces, this location works wonders for wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Drink in the beautiful elegance of the river while posing for unforgettable wedding pictures. Or strike off with your fiance for a starry-eyed walk together along the water’s edge, taking in the local wildlife, pristine gardens and landscaping, lush trees and landmark buildings. Thanks to the relaxed ambience, it’s easy for the bride and groom to stay stress-free and really enjoy the wedding day. Plus, dancing under the stars has always been one of the most romantic things a couple can hope for.

The Nonantum Resort offers a number of outdoor venues, the Lighthouse, Stone Bench and Gazebo, for memorable wedding ceremonies, as well as a large space on the front lawn for a tented reception. Not only does this let you enjoy the fresh air, it also provides for unparalleled views overlooking the river during your entire celebration.

If you prefer an indoor ceremony or reception, the Ballroom and River Room are stylish choices that each seat 175 guests. Sleek contours, touches of white and lots of columns makes for beautiful decoration options and enhance any wedding theme.

The wedding coordinator at Nonantum Resort is dedicated to your personal happiness and doesn’t stop until you’re happy with absolutely everything about your wedding day. Her experience makes everything from planning to execution a lot easier. Thanks to a long list of preferred vendors, the entire celebration is stunning from start to finish. The wedding coordinator helps you find a great florist, DJ, officiant, live band, massage therapist and even professional bagpipers if you want.

In addition to everything included in your wedding package, there are some extras that you definitely want to think about. They are great activities for before or after your wedding day, and make setting aside a weekend event worth it.

• Group kayaking
  • Group biking
  • Group nature walks
  • Team building activities
  • Scavenger hunts
  • Paddle boarding

A few things that you need to keep in mind about your venue is that your music is definitely encouraged, however, a wedding celebration must end by 10:30 p.m. because of local sound laws. Also, even though decorations are permitted at any of the locations, nothing can be physically affixed to any surfaces. For specific questions, ask the wedding coordinator directly.

With such an amazing location, it's no surprise that there are a lot of included amenities that are raved about in reviews from newlyweds who had their wedding at the Nonantum Resort. Some of these include:

• Award-winning chef
  • Personalized cocktail
  • Custom menu
  • Tasting with the executive chef and bar manager
  • Honeymoon suite for bride and groom
  • Included 25 guest rooms

Nonantum Resort

Our gorgeous waterfront location in charming Kennebunkport, Maine is the place for the perfect wedding reception (up to 200). This enchanting resort features casually elegant rooms, award-winning dining, an on-site marina, and warm, genuine Maine hospitality.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

95 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, ME (800) 552-5651

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 William B

There should be a + sign after our 5 stars. we couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding weekend. from the first moment we visited the Nonantum, we felt the warmth of the staff. It was one of the main reasons we chose the location. we had an exhaustive search of... Read More locations from northern maine down to rhode island. we saw places that felr like wrdding factories, and those where the coordinators made you feel like a bother. and while we also met many wonderful people along the way, none had the genuine feeling the nonantum had. The resort provided us with Dawn as our wedding coordinator and boy was she amazing! Dawn has been doing this for over 25 years and that's exactly the kind of experience you want on your side when it comes to your big day. She ensured every little thing was exactly how, when and where we wanted it. At the end of the night we both looked at each other and agreed everything was absolutely perfect and couldn't have gone any better. A few of our outside vendors commented how strict Dawn was with them and that's precisely what you need to make sure things run smoothly. While planning, Dawn was as available as you needed. Never too pushy, but never making you feel like you were forgotten. she gently prodded when required, but never made us feel stressed. she was always supportive and there to help and answered every question asked. she was also extremely easy going. if we had specific requests (which were reasonable) she was completely flexible and accommodating the whole wedding day was so incredible we sometimes forget the amazing outdoor fire pit with s'mores for a welcome gathering the night before. Guests loved the proximity to the quaint little downtown village, and the resorts seaside views. As an added bonus the resort has a list of babysitters for hire for guests with small children. Many guests asked how we found this amazing little gem. our wedding day couldn't have gone more smoothly. for an overplanner and a stress case-i was remarkably calm the day of our wedding and I can only attribute that to the fact that I knew we were in the most capable hands! Once you see the place you'll fall in love and once you get married there you'll want to go back over and over again. Everything from our 1st tour to cutting the cake that night was nothing short of perfect. we can't thank the staff, and of course Dawn, enough for the weekend of our lives.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Chris Z

We chose the Nonantum Resort for our wedding in August of 2016. From top to bottom everything was truly exceptional. We are so happy we chose this beautiful location with spacious waterfront grounds and a fully committed staff to make your day seamless and memorable. The chef... Read More has an amazing list of unique creations to chose from or will even accept family recipes to recreate. From start to finish everything was in place and on time and we had peace of mind the entire experience. Our family and guests loved every newly renovated room and no two are alike. We would do it all over again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer S

Looking back on my decision to have our wedding at the Nonantum, I would not have changed a thing. From the moment we entered the Nonantum to first tour it, through all of the planning and decisions, all the way to our first morning as a married couple, Dawn and the entire staff... Read More at the Nonantum were beyond exceptional to work with. Dawn knew all the right times to offer advice and guidance, answered emails extremely promptly, and always made sure that I felt things were going exactly as they should during the planning process. On our wedding weekend, the entire staff at the Nonantum treated us exceptionally. Each staff member I encountered was beyond helpful and kind, offered a smile and a congratulations, and truly seemed genuinely happy for us and our special day. Our event was perfect. Dawn did an unbelievable job from start to finish. Words can not explain the depth of her expertise. She, of course, does this every weekend, but she made our event feel truly unique. She made me feel like our wedding was the only thing she had going on all summer. Our guests loved attending the event as well as staying at this beautiful property. It is truly a special place. I am so happy that I chose the Nonantum and I would recommend this venue to all those looking to work with an amazing coordinator and staff to plan their beautiful Maine wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany C

The Nonantum is the most amazing place to get married. My husband and I got married just a few weeks ago and we wouldn't have changed a thing! It rained on our wedding day and Tim Ames and all of the staff at the Nonantum turned the inside space into the most magical and... Read More intimate room for our ceremony! I was absolutely blown away by what they did! I can not put into words how truly incredible Tim Ames and all his staff are!! Tim was my wedding planning super hero! My husband and I love the Nonantum! We had never stayed there until the night of the wedding and definitely plan to go back for the great customer service and the wonderful food! All of our guests had the most amazing things to say about the food! We wouldn't change a thing and can't thank the Nonantum and their staff enough for making October 9th 2016 - such a special day to us!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sara C

We could not have picked a more perfect spot to have our wedding this past June. The staff, including Dawn and Esther, went above and beyond everything we could have imagined to make our dream wedding come true. Dawn made the entire process so seamless and the staff didn't let... Read More us lift a finger from the moment we walked in the door that weekend. They made us feel so special and we are so fortunate to be a part of their family. This place deserves more than 5 stars!! Our guests gave us so many compliments on how perfect The Nonantum was for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hannah W

The Nonantum was a phenomenal place for my husband and I to get married this past June. We booked it only four months out. We knew we wanted to get married in Maine, and we didn't want to wait another year to do so. The Nonantum happened to have one free Saturday at the... Read More beginning of June free by freakish chance, so we grabbed it. We thought, how hard could it be to book a wedding in 4 1/2 months? As it turns out, because of the staff at The Nonantum, it was truly a great experience. I first worked with Tim, who is terrific, before being assigned to one of the event planners, Dawn. Dawn is just wonderful. She answered every question, took care of every detail and helped in every way possible. I don't know how I would've gotten through this without her. Nearly all of our guests were traveling for our wedding, and many were first-time Maine visitors. We really wanted to spend time with our guests because they had traveled so far. Because of the staff, I had to worry about so little, so we got to spend some great quality time with our guests. A large part of the hotel was booked by our party, and so many commented how great the staff were all weekend. It was so important to us that our friends and family see why we love Maine so much, and The Nonantum gave them a great experience. More than that, I don't know that there is a more picturesque, idyllic Maine location. We got married outside, but since early June can still be chilly in the evenings in Maine, we had our reception inside. It was perfect. I would recommend The Nonantum to anyone wanting to get married in this area. You won't regret it. The staff is amazing and the venue is beautiful. There were no surprise costs and it was such a pleasant experience. We can't wait to go back and visit!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

My daughter and son-in-law were married at the Nonantum in October. We were so thrilled with every aspect of their wedding! Our coordinator, Tim, was wonderful - we could email with questions at any time and he was always pleasant and helpful. All of the staff was... Read More wonderful. The weather didn't cooperate very well but everything was all we could have hoped for and more. We are local and knew of the reputation of the Nonantum and having a Maine wedding by the water was what we wanted. Our guests had a great time and everyone commented on how great the wedding was. We would highly recommend the Nonantum to anyone thinking of having their wedding there.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Nicole S

We got married at the Nonantum Resort in August of 2016. We picked the Nonantum b/c of its beautiful grounds and for the overall wonderful feeling we got from the second we walked in. It felt like "home". Our wedding coordinator, Tim, was AMAZING! He went above and beyond to... Read More make our day perfect. We were truly humbled to see how hard all the staff worked to make our dream wedding come true. We both felt so special. Every detail was just perfect. We had planned an outdoor ceremony, but the weather was not cooperating with us the day of our wedding. We made a decision to move our ceremony inside at the very last minute (about 20 minutes before our ceremony) and the staff got it done with not one single hesitation or groan. If you're thinking of having your wedding at the Nonantum, just do it! It will be the best day of your life.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Erica Q

This venue was more than I could have imagined. Dawn and the Nonantum staff were all amazing to work with from the moment we met them for the first time! I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else!! We were lucky enough to have a beautiful day for our wedding, but... Read More were prepared to have an indoor ceremony if needed. There was no need to sweat it because you couldn't go wrong! Both indoor and outdoor ceremony sights are absolutely to die for! Thank you to everyone at the Nonantum for making our day so special and perfect!!! And a big shout out to Dawn for all her dedication and hard work!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Cathy J

The Nonantum gave us the wedding of our dreams! We had a welcome party, the ceremony, reception, and brunch at the resort and I can't say with enough emphasis how incredible everything was from start to finish. Dawn and Meg were literally THE BEST! For any couple the hardest... Read More part is the planning; there are so many questions and options, it can seem overwhelming. However, when working with Dawn, it feels as though anything is possible. She is so patient and wonderful, it really makes the experience enjoyable and even more so, it was so much fun. Mark and his team were incredible as well, making sure we had whatever we wanted served at the bar and always so friendly, our guest even commented on how nice they were. I can’t say enough how much we love the staff at The Nonantum. They will always be friends and people we will look back on with so much appreciation for all they did to make our wedding, well, perfect. If you have the opportunity, I would HIGHLY recommend booking your event with them.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Lauren B

I wish I could give The Nonantum more than 5 stars. From start to finish, our wedding weekend was perfect. Tim and his staff do an amazing job from set up to break down. The food was delicious and they offer the ability to customize the menu so you aren't stuck with packages.... Read More Prior to the wedding weekend, Tim was responsive, quick to help out and easy to work with. Many of my guests have since commented on how great the Nonantum is and how amazing the wedding was. I owe it all to them!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Zach T

We were beyond thrilled with our wedding at the Nonantum. Our wonderful event planner Ariel was accessible, helpful, and on top of everything. The staff could not have been more accommodating or friendly. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and it was so nice to have many of our... Read More guests stay on site and enjoy the property to its fullest. We made it a priority to actually eat our food during the wedding (unlike most couples) because it was so delicious. Absolutely everything was taken care of, and I could not recommend this venue more highly.

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Krista F

I am so happy my husband and I had our wedding reception at the Nonantum! It was the best day of our lives and we highly recommend this venue to future brides and grooms! I grew up visiting Kennebunkport and knew I wanted to get married in the area and when we visited the... Read More Nonantum, we knew right away it was the perfect venue. From the very beginning, the staff here answered all of my questions promptly and provided us with a lot of information to help us plan our big day. Dawn was extremely helpful throughout the year of planning and helped us stay organized and calm. We live in Los Angeles and were worried about planning from across the country, but Dawn made it easy to plan everything. She answered all of our questions quickly and gave us great advice when we needed to make decisions. The Nonantum was willing to offer whatever we wanted for our wedding day and it turned out to be the perfect day! The food was delicious, the venue was beautifully decorated, the staff was professional, and everything went according to plan. We had so much fun!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Lisa G

We had our wedding reception at the Nonantum Resort on September 25th! Everything was perfect!! I could not have asked for a better venue! Dawn was our wedding coordinator and was amazing to work with throughout the whole process. She was extremely responsive and answered every... Read More question I had from day one. She worked with us closely every step of the way! I felt like I was the only bride! I knew I wouldn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day and I was right. From the minute I stepped out of the limo Dawn and the Nonantum staff were there to greet us and make sure the night went perfectly (the run of show was flawless). The service from all staff was amazing and accommodating. From planning, to set up, to the night of the event, - everything was on point. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious! Again, I can't say enough amazing things about the Nonantum Resort. I highly recommend it! T

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Tara L

My husband and I got married at the Nonantum Resort on October 17th of this year. We couldn't be happier with the resort, it's staff, the overall atmosphere, food and other vendors we chose!! Our wedding was amazing and was seemingly flawless and our guests had a great time!... Read More The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating right from the beginning when we first visited the resort in search of a venue for our destination wedding. Everything went beautifully (right from the beginning) mainly thanks to our outstanding coordinator, Ariel Taschereau! She was always approachable and responsive/helpful when dealing with my many emails and phone calls leading up to the wedding. Perhaps most importantly, she really made our wedding day stress free. We were able to enjoy the entire day without having to worry about a single detail. If I could, I would give the resort much more than 5 stars!!! Thank you to everyone at Nonantum who made our day so wonderful!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Desiree D

The Nonantum deserves far more than 5 stars. Picking the Nonantum as my wedding venue was the best decision. It is so much more than a wedding venue. When I booked the Nonantum, I knew I was getting a gorgeous location. What I didn't realize was that I was also getting... Read More amazing food (seriously, people couldn't stop talking about how good it was!), and the most unbelievable staff, including a wedding coordinator (think: Fairy Godmother). Dawn was our wedding coordinator and I can't say enough good things about her. My family, husband and I invited people to come up to Kennebunkport early so that people could have a mini-vacation as part of our wedding. I had 4-5 people remark on how calm I was leading up to my wedding day (and it was supposed to rain and we had an outdoor tent wedding!!). Some of the exact terminology was "you are as cool as a cucumber". The reason? Fairy Godmother Dawn. I had met with her before, we had done the food tasting, I had emailed back and forth with Dawn, and my mother was working closely with Dawn. I knew that no matter what went wrong (like when I told Dawn I would be bringing the cake cutting utensils that my aunt had given us and completely forgot), it would be fixed and perfect by the time my guests arrived (and guess what?!? Dawn noticed that I hadn't remembered the cake cutting utensils and there was a lovely set just waiting for my husband and I to use to cut our cake). In addition, if you tell the Nonantum that something is important to you (no matter how big or small), it will be done. I told Dawn that arriving on a boat was really important to my husband and I. She coordinated with a local fisherman to use his mother's dock so that we could arrive by boat. People still comment to me how awesome it was that we arrived by boat. In fact, people continually comment to me, even months after my wedding, that it was the best wedding they have every attended. I honestly couldn't be happier with my wedding. I tell my friends who are getting married now and stressing over decisions that seem huge (roses or peonies?) that no matter what decision you are making now, the day of your wedding it will seem like the right decision. However, I know that is true because I chose the Nonantum. Having my guests arrive to a gorgeous cocktail party along the water with friendly staff serving drinks and amazing food (think: lobster crostinis, scallops served in bacon, etc.). Plus, the second my husband and I arrived, Dawn had drinks waiting for us and snacks (yes!!!! She even had special snacks for me because I'm allergic to all dairy). I should also mention that Dawn went out of her way to find me a dairy free cake so that I could have some cake during our cake cutting. Above and beyond... that is the Nonantum's way. I HIGHLY recommend the Nonatum for any future wedding for function (I'm already thinking about my 10 year anniversary at the Nonantum!!). You will be getting so much more than a beautiful location and as you will realize on your wedding day, it will be the best decision you made!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

The Nonantum was the perfect venue for our wedding! Not only is the location picturesque, but the staff was so friendly and welcoming to us and our guests! Tim Ames made our long distance wedding planning easy! He made fabulous vendor recommendations! He helped us... Read More incorporate details and touches that were unique and important to us into our wedding day. Tim and his staff made the day flow so smoothly. I got to enjoy the planning and the wedding day without the stress that a lot of brides have. People still talk about the food and how amazing it was!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

If I could give more stars I would. My wife and I were married at the Nonantum this past July. After visiting other reception sites we were struck not only by the picturesque coastal setting and beautiful function rooms, but also the helpfulness of the facility staff. Our... Read More goal was to plan a memorable event for us, our family, and friends while avoiding the stresses we had been told that come with wedding planning. Tim and the rest of the Nonantum team totally made this happen! The calming nature and can-do attitude of everyone here is contagious. Job well done. All of our special requests were handled perfectly and we couldn't have been happier. The Nonantum has given us memories that will last a lifetime and we still have friends and family that wont stop talking about how great the food was.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kayla C

If I could give The Nonantum 10 stars, I would. I knew immediately after walking in over a year ago, that my wedding would be there. Tim was so warm and welcoming. I felt like I had known him for years. He made planning my wedding easy. The staff was amazing! So kind,... Read More hardworking and helpful! I can't say enough good things about the food. We were told by several guests that it was the best wedding food they've ever had! It was definitely the best night of our lives and we have The Nonantum to thank for that!! I can't wait to go back for a glass of champagne on our 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

My husband and I had our reception at the Nonantum and it was truly the most wonderful event! It is such a beautiful place on the coast of Maine with just the right combination of rustic charm and modern amenities. The setting was just perfect and every detail was tended to.... Read More We had a magical day there with all of our friends and family and we could not have asked for a better experience from all of the wonderful staff at the Nonantum!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We could not have chosen a better location for our Maine wedding. The food was fantastic (we sent the chef some traditional New Mexican foods and they did a great job) the evening of the tasting went so well, we had no changes to make. The staff is so professional, organized,... Read More and CALM that I never worried about how things were going or if my guests were being treated well. They were beyond accommodating to all my requests and wishes. They recommended other vendors for me since I was planning the wedding from California; I appreciated having their resources to look into. The Nonantum is simply top notch. My husband and I go back every summer to visit. What's wonderful is that 6 years later, our guests still bring up our wedding and how perfect it was. The scenery is breathtaking but the way you are treated while at the resort is first class. If I could my day over again, I would have it at no other location. I'd choose Nonantum in a heartbeat! I love them and am grateful for my perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Our son and his beautiful bride were married at the Nonantum on September 20th and we are still raving about their absolutely perfect day. This was due in large part to Dawn, their exceptional wedding coordinator! She was always two steps ahead of us and anticipated our every... Read More need. We feel fortunate to have had such a caring professional guiding us on our son's special day! In addition, the entire staff at the Nonantum was friendly and helpful, the food was excellent, the setting was exquisite, and it was a perfect day! Thank you to everyone at the Nonantum for exceeding our expectations...we cannot praise you enough!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kathryn A

Our daughter's wedding was held at the Nonantum this past June (2015). It is unquestionably the best place for a wedding, having a spectacular location on the water, a gorgeous facility, and a team of workers that made carrying out the whole event appear to be effortless. Tim... Read More Ames, the wedding coordinator, treated us like family, ensuring that everything went smoothly and working behind the scenes every minute. The staff were professional at all times but always had smiles on their faces. Our guests raved about the venue. Thank you, Tim and your wonderful team.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Suzi S

My husband and I had our dream wedding a few weeks ago at the Nonantum. We fell in love with the Nonantum right away and we could not have asked for a better venue, location, or staff. Our event contact, Tim Ames, could not have been nicer or easier to work with. We were... Read More planning our wedding from a distance and Tim provided comfort and was very responsive during the whole planning process. Every single detail was taken care of the day of the wedding by the Nonantum staff, I didn't have anything to worry about - I was actually able to relax and enjoy my wedding. Every detail had a special touch - their extremely kind staff went above and beyond for us by having drinks and appetizers waiting for the bridal party upon arrival and by treating our guests with the utmost respect. I cannot say enough good things about the Nonantum. It is a beautiful venue with great views of the Kennebunk River and a lovely ballroom for a large reception... but ultimately, Tim and his staff were what made our dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Corrine

Our son was married on the property on October 17th. It was the most beautiful setting. Everything went perfectly and the staff was very accommodating to every detail. The reception ballroom was very elegant and the food was delicious. Everyone had a wonderful time and can't... Read More wait to come back for a visit!