Nonantum Resort

Kennebunkport, ME

Book Your Wedding with Nonantum Resort

A BALLROOM IN KENNEBUNKPORT, ME

If the subtle sounds of nature and a golden afternoon or setting evening sun—all enjoyed from the river’s edge—seem like the ideal backdrop for your dream wedding, then the Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport, ME, is an ideal choice. Mixing the sophistication of spectacular open-air venues with chic decor and warm indoor spaces, this location works wonders for wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Drink in the beautiful elegance of the river while posing for unforgettable wedding pictures. Or strike off with your fiance for a starry-eyed walk together along the water’s edge, taking in the local wildlife, pristine gardens and landscaping, lush trees and landmark buildings. Thanks to the relaxed ambience, it’s easy for the bride and groom to stay stress-free and really enjoy the wedding day. Plus, dancing under the stars has always been one of the most romantic things a couple can hope for.

The Nonantum Resort offers a number of outdoor venues, the Lighthouse, Stone Bench and Gazebo, for memorable wedding ceremonies, as well as a large space on the front lawn for a tented reception. Not only does this let you enjoy the fresh air, it also provides for unparalleled views overlooking the river during your entire celebration.

If you prefer an indoor ceremony or reception, the Ballroom and River Room are stylish choices that each seat 175 guests. Sleek contours, touches of white and lots of columns makes for beautiful decoration options and enhance any wedding theme.

The wedding coordinator at Nonantum Resort is dedicated to your personal happiness and doesn’t stop until you’re happy with absolutely everything about your wedding day. Her experience makes everything from planning to execution a lot easier. Thanks to a long list of preferred vendors, the entire celebration is stunning from start to finish. The wedding coordinator helps you find a great florist, DJ, officiant, live band, massage therapist and even professional bagpipers if you want.

In addition to everything included in your wedding package, there are some extras that you definitely want to think about. They are great activities for before or after your wedding day, and make setting aside a weekend event worth it.

• Group kayaking
  • Group biking
  • Group nature walks
  • Team building activities
  • Scavenger hunts
  • Paddle boarding

A few things that you need to keep in mind about your venue is that your music is definitely encouraged, however, a wedding celebration must end by 10:30 p.m. because of local sound laws. Also, even though decorations are permitted at any of the locations, nothing can be physically affixed to any surfaces. For specific questions, ask the wedding coordinator directly.

With such an amazing location, it's no surprise that there are a lot of included amenities that are raved about in reviews from newlyweds who had their wedding at the Nonantum Resort. Some of these include:

• Award-winning chef
  • Personalized cocktail
  • Custom menu
  • Tasting with the executive chef and bar manager
  • Honeymoon suite for bride and groom
  • Included 25 guest rooms

Nonantum Resort

Our gorgeous waterfront location in charming Kennebunkport, Maine is the place for the perfect wedding reception (up to 200). This enchanting resort features casually elegant rooms, award-winning dining, an on-site marina, and warm, genuine Maine hospitality.

• Outdoor - Covered

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

95 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, ME (800) 552-5651

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Matthew C

We cannot day enough great things about our wedding at the Nonantum!! Our wedding coordinator Meg was so great! She is super sweet and very responsive to the large amount of emails I would send her with various questions and made me feel like I was the only bride she was working... Read More with. The ceremony grounds are absolutely beautiful if you’re looking for a scenic coastal wedding. The food was delicious, several of our guests commented that it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had! It was truly the best day we could have ever hoped for and I would recommend this venue to anyone ! Thank you to everyone at the Nonantum for helping us pull off the best wedding we could have ever hoped for !

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Jessie B

We got married at The Nonantum Resort in June 2017 and cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience! Tim Ames and his team exceeded all of our expectations and were a pleasure to work with. There wasn’t one detail that they didn’t think about—Tim was even there to... Read More drive my husband’s grandmother up from the ceremony to the reception in a golf cart when he saw the long walk might be difficult for her. Our guests had a blast all weekend and raved about the food, friendliness of the staff and beautiful grounds. We absolutely love the Nonantum and will continue to visit in the years to come!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Andrew G

Let me start out by saying that our wedding was absolutely stunning. The Nonantum was a perfect location, and every detail was jaw-dropping. From the cocktail hour outside, the team setting up our tables and linens, to the incredible photo ops...it was awesome. Every member of... Read More the staff went above and beyond to enhance our experience every time we stayed on site. They made us feel like royalty! The Nonantum has become such a special place for my wife and I, and we plan to visit the rest of our lives. Now, the wedding planning process was a different story. It's hard to say, because the staff was really kind, but it really put a bad aftertaste in our mouths. We planned our wedding from across the country, so communication was extremely important to us. When reaching out to our wedding coordinator, we rarely received any communication back. With so many details to arrange, it was hard to feel comfortable in the process. And after the wedding, when finalizing the contract, they misquoted us by $4000. Never a fun conversation to have. So I guess long story short, if you are planning to get married at the Nonantum, it's worth hiring your own wedding planner.

2017-11-01T10:19:06 Response from the vendor

With the utmost respect to the couple in the above review, I believe an accurate response is warranted. I was the event planner for this wedding. When the original event planner took an offer of employment at another venue that would advance her career, I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Katherine T

My husband Ben and I got married at the Nonantum in July, 2017. I could not be happier with the Tim and Catie's staff and dedication to our special day. They were both extremely helpful and paid attention to every detail to make out day special. I DO NOT know what I would have... Read More done without their help! It was the perfect weekend!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kelsey Anne F

We recently had our wedding at the Nonantum Resort in September and could not be happier. The staff was amazing, and Dawn could not have been more helpful! She was readily available throughout our whole planning. We are incredibly thankful and highly suggest this venue!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Lauren K

We recently had our wedding at the Nonantum Resort and couldn't be happier with the venue. The staff was attentive to our needs and Dawn was always available to answer any questions that we had. We are so thankful to have had such a perfect day!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Katherine C

My husband and I were married at The Nonantum in early August. We had the most amazing and beautiful day we could have ever imagined. A big thank you goes out to the impressive staff who made sure I didn't have to worry about a single thing. They set up our entire ceremony,... Read More cocktail hour and reception space, which all looked out of this world. The staff also kept us all on time and organized with a smile on their faces the entire time. Our guests have raved about the food, accommodations, friendly staff, and the beautiful grounds. The Nonantum's breakfast is also out of this world and was a great way to wrap up our big weekend with guests. I also want to mention the Pineapple Ketch that docks behind the resort. The groom and groomsman had the time of their lives making a grand entrance on this gorgeous boat. Where else can you do something like this?! Thank you for the most memorable weekend, we will be back!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Jeremiah L

We were married at The Nonantum in August 2017 and could not have dreamed up a more perfect day, venue, and staff to work with as we had at the resort with Ariel and her team. The amazing food, beautiful venue, and generous hospitality of all the staff made our day one we will... Read More never forget and one that will make us want to come back to the Nonantum year after year. If you are considering this location for your special day, do not hesitate, it is a decision you will not regret! I

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Cassandra F

I can not say enough about how amazing Dawn was through the whole wedding planning process. I met Dawn at a Maine Wedding Association wedding expo and she blew me away with her experience and knowledge. After my (now) husband and I visited the Nonantum Resort we knew that we had... Read More to get married there. I started planning my wedding almost two years in advance and Dawn was amazing through the whole process. She gave me advice when I needed advice and helped set things up for me when I wasn't able to since I was in grad school. As the wedding drew closer I was worried Dawn would be less attentive considering she coordinates at least one wedding a weekend at the Nonatum, but it was the exact opposite! All of the last minute things that I had forgotten about (like vendor meals and that fact that I decided to change from a head table to a sweetheart table a few months before) she took care of with ease! The absolute best part (as if the above was not enough!) was how amazing Dawn was the weekend of the wedding. I was stressed the day of rehearsal and Dawn heard about this so she came and found me, with a glass of my favorite wine in hand, and sat me down so I could talk about what was causing my stress. She then solved every problem that was stressing me out! The day of the wedding was flawless. I left the get ready room only 2 times to confirm where I wanted things placed and Dawn and the Nonantum staff took care of the rest. Everything was set up exactly as we had discussed without me having to go out and direct people. When lunch time arrived Dawn sent a member of the Nonantum staff to the bridal get ready room to bring my bridesmaids and I lunch (something we definitely would have forgotten while getting our hair and makeup done!). When it was time for the ceremony my husband was having some mild anxiety and Dawn sprung to the rescue with a table clothe for him to wipe his sweat and a few encouraging words! She continued to be just as helpful the rest of the night from signing the marriage license, to making sure speeches happened on time, to cutting the cake and making sure cupcakes were sent up to the honeymoon suite for the groom and I. I could go on and on! The Nonantum Resort is worth every penny! I continue to have guests talk about how much fun my wedding was and ask if we can do it again next year! If you want to have a stress free wedding that will far exceed any and all of your expectations I highly recommend The Nonantum Resort!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Jessica C

As a super nervous bride that was planning for a year and a half across the country, I could not have hand picked a better venue or wedding coordinator. Dawn is everything you want your wedding coordinator to be- professional, organized, reassuring, helpful, responsive, and... Read More calm. Although planning a wedding is stressful, Dawn made the entire process as painless as possible. Her dedication and attention to detail was truly out of this world. Not to mention the Nonantum happens to be the epitome of a perfect venue. Beautiful grounds, AMAZING food, wonderful service, and staff that anticipates your needs before you even know you need anything! Everything about my experience at the Nonantum with Dawn and her staff was flawless. As someone who did extensive research on every aspect of the wedding, I knew exactly the way I wanted everything to turn out and I could not be more satisfied with my experience. Truly one of the most beautiful places to have the wedding of your dreams.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Katey D

We got married at the Nonantum in August of 2017 and everything was perfect. Our wedding coordinator Ariel promised we would not have to do anything on the day of the wedding and she was completely right. Every single employee greeted us warmly and professionally and went... Read More above and beyond to make our day memorable. Guy from Maintenance helped us not only with moving luggage but he also kindly helped transport elderly relatives who needed assistance traversing the landscape of the resort. We had 180 guests (many with dietary restrictions and allergies) and every single meal was cooked perfectly. We hope to return to the Nonantum yearly on our anniversary!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Sarah C

We wish we could leave more than 5 stars! We can’t say enough good things about The Nonantum Resort. We had the absolute pleasure of working with Dawn to plan our wedding there this August. From start to finish, she was the epitome of professional, organized, responsive, and... Read More accommodating. We could not have had a more perfect ceremony and reception, and we know that it has much to do with Dawn and her hard-working team. We were hoping to have our wedding at a venue that could really capture the beauty of Maine, while also being relaxed and low-key. The Nonantum exceeded these expectations in every way. We could not have had a better experience! In addition to incredible wedding planning, the resort itself goes above and beyond when it comes to hospitality and service. We had many friends and family who had never been to Maine, and they were completely blown away by the friendly and helpful staff at The Nonantum. The grounds are immaculate, the rooms are updated, cozy, and well-maintained, and the food is the best around. We cannot wait to go back to celebrate anniversaries in the years to come! Thank you so much to Dawn and all of the amazing staff at The Nonantum Resort!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Colby H

I can't say enough about the amazing weekend we had at the Nonantum for our wedding this past weekend. Dawn was the best coordinator to work with and made me feel so comfortable about everything. The whole staff does such a great job bringing your vision to life! The Nonantum... Read More truly made us feel special from the welcome desserts to check out. We knew when we looked at this venue a year and half ago that it was a special place and it is. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Callie C

I can't say enough good things about the Nonantum. We had an absolutely amazing wedding weekend thanks to the staff here. The resort is beautiful and the staff did everything possible to make our day great. Tim was exceptional and we loved working with him from the very... Read More beginning. He is extremely professional and made sure that I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day. I love the Nonantum!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Sarah G

Our experience with the Nonantum was perfect! We couldn't have asked for a better day. The coordinator and staff helped so much with the planning process and making the day run smoothly. The location was so beautiful! Our family and friends had only great things to say!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kelly S

We can’t say enough about how amazing our wedding was at The Nonantum Resort! Our wedding coordinator, Dawn, was provided by the resort and was exactly what we needed. She was extremely responsive during the entire planning process and never once made us feel stressed. In... Read More fact, we often relied on her extensive experience to plan different parts of the day. She was always willing to give us some tips and it was obvious she was dedicated to making sure the day went just as we imagined. During our wedding Dawn was very professional and was able to anticipate and avoid any potential “hiccups.” She kept the wedding party and all the vendors on schedule exactly as we planned it. Dawn and all her staff were very attentive to both of us, our families, and our guests. All of our guests were so impressed with the day and the venue. We heard so many compliments after the wedding about how beautiful, professional and smoothly everything went throughout the entire day. The food was amazing too! Everyone loved their meals and we heard rave reviews about them all! The resort itself was beautiful. The entire staff was friendly and helpful from the moment we walked in the door. The friendly inviting atmosphere set the perfect tone for the entire weekend. One of the biggest draws to The Nonantum for us was that we could have everything, the ceremony, the reception and lodging on site. The location was perfect with a quick walk to Kennebunkport center and the amenities were fabulous too. Our guests that stayed at the resort were provided with a delicious breakfast both days. The Nonantum even gave us our own space the day after the wedding to enjoy brunch even though it was Mother’s Day! We would highly recommend The Nonantum Resort for anyones wedding and we are so happy that we chose such a beautiful venue that we are already looking forward to visiting for many anniversaries to come! Thanks Dawn and the entire Nonantum staff for making our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Amanda H

We were married at the Nonantum Resort in October of 2017. We had a fabulous wedding and it really couldn't have gone any better. We had both our ceremony and reception on site and it was a day that we and many of our guests will always remember. Dawn Blystone at the Nonantum... Read More was our day of wedding coordinator. Dawn's attention to detail was incredible. We planned our wedding from California and Dawn made it feel like we were right there with her. She was incredibly responsive and professional through the entire planning process and made it very easy for us. On the day of the wedding, Dawn made sure all the details were taken care of and we did not have to worry about a thing that day. In addition to Dawn, the entire staff was incredible from the day we first saw the Nonantum to the day after our wedding, we felt loved, special and at home there. Along with the beautiful grounds, renovated and charming old resort, the food was another highlight. Our guests raved about the Lobster pot pie and are still talking about it 5 months later. The food at our wedding and throughout the weekend was amazing. Brunch is delicious and was another highlight for all of our out of town guests. I would highly recommend the Nonantum to any friend looking to get married in Kennebunkport. If we could do it all over again, we would and we wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 William B

There should be a + sign after our 5 stars. we couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding weekend. from the first moment we visited the Nonantum, we felt the warmth of the staff. It was one of the main reasons we chose the location. we had an exhaustive search of... Read More locations from northern maine down to rhode island. we saw places that felr like wrdding factories, and those where the coordinators made you feel like a bother. and while we also met many wonderful people along the way, none had the genuine feeling the nonantum had. The resort provided us with Dawn as our wedding coordinator and boy was she amazing! Dawn has been doing this for over 25 years and that's exactly the kind of experience you want on your side when it comes to your big day. She ensured every little thing was exactly how, when and where we wanted it. At the end of the night we both looked at each other and agreed everything was absolutely perfect and couldn't have gone any better. A few of our outside vendors commented how strict Dawn was with them and that's precisely what you need to make sure things run smoothly. While planning, Dawn was as available as you needed. Never too pushy, but never making you feel like you were forgotten. she gently prodded when required, but never made us feel stressed. she was always supportive and there to help and answered every question asked. she was also extremely easy going. if we had specific requests (which were reasonable) she was completely flexible and accommodating the whole wedding day was so incredible we sometimes forget the amazing outdoor fire pit with s'mores for a welcome gathering the night before. Guests loved the proximity to the quaint little downtown village, and the resorts seaside views. As an added bonus the resort has a list of babysitters for hire for guests with small children. Many guests asked how we found this amazing little gem. our wedding day couldn't have gone more smoothly. for an overplanner and a stress case-i was remarkably calm the day of our wedding and I can only attribute that to the fact that I knew we were in the most capable hands! Once you see the place you'll fall in love and once you get married there you'll want to go back over and over again. Everything from our 1st tour to cutting the cake that night was nothing short of perfect. we can't thank the staff, and of course Dawn, enough for the weekend of our lives.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Chris Z

We chose the Nonantum Resort for our wedding in August of 2016. From top to bottom everything was truly exceptional. We are so happy we chose this beautiful location with spacious waterfront grounds and a fully committed staff to make your day seamless and memorable. The chef... Read More has an amazing list of unique creations to chose from or will even accept family recipes to recreate. From start to finish everything was in place and on time and we had peace of mind the entire experience. Our family and guests loved every newly renovated room and no two are alike. We would do it all over again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer S

Looking back on my decision to have our wedding at the Nonantum, I would not have changed a thing. From the moment we entered the Nonantum to first tour it, through all of the planning and decisions, all the way to our first morning as a married couple, Dawn and the entire staff... Read More at the Nonantum were beyond exceptional to work with. Dawn knew all the right times to offer advice and guidance, answered emails extremely promptly, and always made sure that I felt things were going exactly as they should during the planning process. On our wedding weekend, the entire staff at the Nonantum treated us exceptionally. Each staff member I encountered was beyond helpful and kind, offered a smile and a congratulations, and truly seemed genuinely happy for us and our special day. Our event was perfect. Dawn did an unbelievable job from start to finish. Words can not explain the depth of her expertise. She, of course, does this every weekend, but she made our event feel truly unique. She made me feel like our wedding was the only thing she had going on all summer. Our guests loved attending the event as well as staying at this beautiful property. It is truly a special place. I am so happy that I chose the Nonantum and I would recommend this venue to all those looking to work with an amazing coordinator and staff to plan their beautiful Maine wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany C

The Nonantum is the most amazing place to get married. My husband and I got married just a few weeks ago and we wouldn't have changed a thing! It rained on our wedding day and Tim Ames and all of the staff at the Nonantum turned the inside space into the most magical and... Read More intimate room for our ceremony! I was absolutely blown away by what they did! I can not put into words how truly incredible Tim Ames and all his staff are!! Tim was my wedding planning super hero! My husband and I love the Nonantum! We had never stayed there until the night of the wedding and definitely plan to go back for the great customer service and the wonderful food! All of our guests had the most amazing things to say about the food! We wouldn't change a thing and can't thank the Nonantum and their staff enough for making October 9th 2016 - such a special day to us!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sara C

We could not have picked a more perfect spot to have our wedding this past June. The staff, including Dawn and Esther, went above and beyond everything we could have imagined to make our dream wedding come true. Dawn made the entire process so seamless and the staff didn't let... Read More us lift a finger from the moment we walked in the door that weekend. They made us feel so special and we are so fortunate to be a part of their family. This place deserves more than 5 stars!! Our guests gave us so many compliments on how perfect The Nonantum was for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hannah W

The Nonantum was a phenomenal place for my husband and I to get married this past June. We booked it only four months out. We knew we wanted to get married in Maine, and we didn't want to wait another year to do so. The Nonantum happened to have one free Saturday at the... Read More beginning of June free by freakish chance, so we grabbed it. We thought, how hard could it be to book a wedding in 4 1/2 months? As it turns out, because of the staff at The Nonantum, it was truly a great experience. I first worked with Tim, who is terrific, before being assigned to one of the event planners, Dawn. Dawn is just wonderful. She answered every question, took care of every detail and helped in every way possible. I don't know how I would've gotten through this without her. Nearly all of our guests were traveling for our wedding, and many were first-time Maine visitors. We really wanted to spend time with our guests because they had traveled so far. Because of the staff, I had to worry about so little, so we got to spend some great quality time with our guests. A large part of the hotel was booked by our party, and so many commented how great the staff were all weekend. It was so important to us that our friends and family see why we love Maine so much, and The Nonantum gave them a great experience. More than that, I don't know that there is a more picturesque, idyllic Maine location. We got married outside, but since early June can still be chilly in the evenings in Maine, we had our reception inside. It was perfect. I would recommend The Nonantum to anyone wanting to get married in this area. You won't regret it. The staff is amazing and the venue is beautiful. There were no surprise costs and it was such a pleasant experience. We can't wait to go back and visit!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

My daughter and son-in-law were married at the Nonantum in October. We were so thrilled with every aspect of their wedding! Our coordinator, Tim, was wonderful - we could email with questions at any time and he was always pleasant and helpful. All of the staff was... Read More wonderful. The weather didn't cooperate very well but everything was all we could have hoped for and more. We are local and knew of the reputation of the Nonantum and having a Maine wedding by the water was what we wanted. Our guests had a great time and everyone commented on how great the wedding was. We would highly recommend the Nonantum to anyone thinking of having their wedding there.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Nicole S

We got married at the Nonantum Resort in August of 2016. We picked the Nonantum b/c of its beautiful grounds and for the overall wonderful feeling we got from the second we walked in. It felt like "home". Our wedding coordinator, Tim, was AMAZING! He went above and beyond to... Read More make our day perfect. We were truly humbled to see how hard all the staff worked to make our dream wedding come true. We both felt so special. Every detail was just perfect. We had planned an outdoor ceremony, but the weather was not cooperating with us the day of our wedding. We made a decision to move our ceremony inside at the very last minute (about 20 minutes before our ceremony) and the staff got it done with not one single hesitation or groan. If you're thinking of having your wedding at the Nonantum, just do it! It will be the best day of your life.