We had our ceremony and reception here and it was just amazing. The venue is beautiful and unique. The people you work with are wonderful, and are there to help with everything. We got so many compliments on how unique and beautiful the spac...
e was. It's a little...rough looking on the outside, but the inside is beautiful. We had our ceremony at Suite 200 and it was absolutely gorgeous. They also had the other galleries open during the cocktail hour so guests could walk around. It's also great because they let you choose your own caterer! The suggested vendors on their page are a big help!
A few things to know though:
1. The cost you pay to use the space is for just that: the space. It's definitely a build your own wedding sort of space. Having said that, with some hard work and research, you can still have an incredibly reasonably priced wedding here.
2. You will need to get insurance. You may just be able to have it added to your homeowner's insurance, or again, you can look on the suggested vendors site on the 78th street studios website. You should be able to get it for 200 dollars or less.
3. Handicapped access may be a touch tricky. The ramp they have is makeshift. You have to go up at least a few stairs to get to the first floor. That being said, Hilary and Dan were very helpful with getting people to where they needed to be. But if you have a large number of physically handicapped people attending your wedding, you should consider it.
4. The downstairs space looks HUGE when it's empty, but it looks a lot more intimate with the tables in there. We had 140 people or so at our wedding, and the room was big enough that people could move around, but felt intimate and personal.
5. The location is great and central! If you have people coming from the West and East side, it's a great middle ground. It's also close to downtown without the huge downtown pricetag.
Okay, this has been ridiculously detailed, but I know you brides want all the information you can get. All I can say is...if you like an offbeat but beautiful space. If you are artsy in anyway, if you want a unique venue that won't cost you a torso and a foot, this is a great place.