Northeast Event Design

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Maine, New Hampshire & Massachusetts (888) 352-6483

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Matthew S

Greg Young with Northeast Event Design was absolutely amazing. He did a great job from answering my inquiry to playing our last song. Greg was very easy to work with and he made sure we had the best services possible for our reception. Not only did he play great music, offer... Read More fantastic services, but also went above and beyond by offering services we hadn't requested, but he knew we would enjoy. Greg impressed everyone in our wedding party and everyone at our reception. We will continue to use Greg for any large events we host going forward. My wife and I offer the best possible recommendation for Greg as he was the best DJ we've experienced at any event we've gone to.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Renee L

Danny was absolutely amazing. My husband and I had heard him play at one of our friends' weddings, and after listening to him, we knew we had to have him for our wedding. We were able to book with him and right from the get-go, we received such professional service and speedy... Read More responses to calls and emails. Danny had met with us for lunch before the wedding to go over final details, and he told us how much of a privilege it was for him to be asked to be such an important role in our special day, and that he is there to serve us and anything we may need. That really stuck with me, I've never had any other vendors tell me that and that made me feel so special. Danny showed up early for the reception and had everything set up very quickly. The uplighting looked amazing! The way he times songs, chooses songs, and talks to the crowd is unreal. Everyone kept asking my husband and I to please extend the reception to another hour so they can keep dancing. Almost two months have passed now since the wedding, and I am still continuing to get compliments as to how amazing the DJ was. Danny, I cannot tell you enough how thankful Calvin and I are that we had you. I really hope to see you at another event, because I know it will be another awesome time! -Renee L.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Katie R

If it were possible to give Danny and the Northeast Event Design team six stars we would. Danny took time to meet with us before hand to make sure he understood our expectations of the evening, had thorough surveys that gave us confidence in his organizational skills, and then... Read More delivered beyond expectation on the evening of our wedding. Our friends and families left in amazement at the exceptional DJ/MC service provided. I would recommend Northeast Event Design to anyone looking for a professional, skilled, detail orientated, and talented DJ.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Anthony T

Greg was absolutely fantastic for our mid-September Wedding. He was super attentive to the dance floor and worked well with our wedding coordinator to ensure no undue pauses or breaks in the action. The variety of music that he played kept the dance floor rocking from the moment... Read More it opened until the end of the reception. He provided us with a great planning sheet before the wedding that we could customize to our needs. My wife and I must have put 50 songs of who knows how many genres down on the lists for Dinner/Dance music before truncating it to 10 or so to let Greg do his thing. It felt like almost every song that we deleted from that list Greg ended up playing without us suggesting, he was that locked in. Stop shopping and book Northeast Event Design now, you will absolutely not be disappointed with the professionalism and quality entertainment you and your guests receive.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Ashley H

My husband and I could not have been more pleased that we chose Northeast Event Design to DJ our wedding! From the moment we met with Danny you could tell that he was the perfect choice. He was professional, organized and very knowledgeable. Danny took the time to go over all... Read More of the different options that Northeast Event Design has to offer and personalized it to fit our budget. Danny sent us an organized worksheet that really helped us breakdown how the wedding should flow when it comes to music. This helped us tremendously! Throughout the whole process whenever we had questions it was great to know that Danny was always available and more than willing to take the time to answer them. About a week prior to our wedding Danny met with us to review our song choices from the worksheet. He also helped us build a personalized timeline of how we wanted the night to go. The day of our wedding Danny worked well with our other vendors to ensure everything flowed smoothly. We received feedback from our Officiant and Venue Coordinator that he was very organized and great to work with! They said he made their job feel “easy” and “he knew exactly what to do.” Northeast Event Design also provided us with a photo booth and tons of props for our guests to use. This was a hit! People really enjoyed getting their picture taken and creating their own memories of the night. A few weeks after our wedding we were also provided with a copy of all the photos our guests took. Danny brought such an amazing energy to our wedding. He got everyone out on the dance floor and spoke well when making announcements over the mic. The transitions between songs were perfect, and he truly made the day all about my husband and I. Looking back, we would not change a thing. If you are looking for a company that truly understands how to make your perfect day just a little better, I would highly recommend reaching out to Northeast Event Design. You will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Melanie S

Danny DeBruin was absolutely wonderful to work with. Of all the things a bride and groom have to worry about, not once did we ever have to worry about DJ/entertainment related anything. Not only did our DJ set up a photo booth for our guest book, but he made sure the special... Read More touches we wanted at our wedding were incorporated to reflect our relationship. The lighting that was in our package made our wedding reception come alive! We are 4 days post wedding and we still are receiving compliments about hosting the funnest reception so far. Our entertainment truly made this day so much fun and so very special. Our wedding had many surprises leading up to our day and having Danny DeBruin to work with was nothing short of perfect. He made us as a couple feel so special and he was so focused on our special day with each meeting we had leading up to the wedding. Everything ran so smoothly with Northeast in charge of our music, announcements, and photo booth. Thank you Northeast but Danny, thank you so much for making our wedding day so wonderful. Because of you, we were able to enjoy every minute of our wedding and planning and for that we cannot thank you enough. This company has our recommendation for sure!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Page C

Danny was AMAZING! From our first conversation with him to the very end of our wedding he was professional, easy to communicate with, friendly and really made our wedding comfortable. He explained pricing and services so everything was easy for us to understand. The day of our... Read More wedding he was the most prepared out of all our vendors and made our wedding day perfect. I did not have a day of cordinator for the wedding but Danny did a wonderful job keeping the time and announcing what people should expect next and it made for a seamless flow throughout the entire day. The wedding went on longer than expected and Danny was so willing to keep the party going. He also did an amazing job at choosing music. We had a few must play songs but for the most part Danny worked his magic and played songs that the entire wedding party (260 people) could dance to and have fun with. I cannot recommend Danny enough. If you are looking for a reliable, friendly, professional and amazing DJ than choose Danny!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Ben P

Greg at Northeast Events was an excellent DJ and entertainer for our summer wedding. From the initial phone call and meeting to the very last song, he was both easy to work with and professional. The ceremony and reception went flawlessly because he was prepared which was... Read More awesome. During the ceremony, he timed all of the songs perfectly and had the microphones set for the readings. You could tell that Greg has a lot of experience and was very kind and willing to put us first to make our wedding everything we wanted. Greg was very helpful throughout our planning and met with us twice, making the trip down from Lisbon to Portland both times. He was willing to offer as much guidance as we needed and gave us a detailed worksheet to help select songs for certain parts of the night which was very useful. He was also able to play every song we listed for the dinner hour and hit many of our favorites during the dancing part of our reception. If you don’t have as many specific songs for him, he is able to help you choose the genre of music, what songs you might want to hear, and even what songs you don’t want to hear. He made our wedding sound great and did a wonderful job. Our friends and family kept on saying what a great dj he was and what an awesome time they had. The dance floor was full all night. Greg was an integral part of that and and we are so glad we were able to use his company for our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Ashley C

By far one of the best decisions my husband and I made during our planning process was choosing Danny at Northeast Event Design as our wedding entertainment. We met Danny very early on in our planning process and knew he was the right choice for us. He was very patient with all... Read More my requests to meet to make sure everything was on track. His knowledge of music and the whole wedding process was amazing and made us both feel at ease about everything. I don't think there was a time during our reception that the dance floor was not packed with friends and family. His ability to read the room and decide on the best songs to play is amazing. In addition to the music Danny also had uplighting set up which was great (he even matched our colors!) I highly recommend Danny for anyone looking to make sure they're reception is one guests remember!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Patrick B

Short Answer: Hire Danny Long Answer: We'd been to weddings without DJs and noticed the music suffers and there is a critical lack of structure. We hired Danny to help with this and we got SO much more. Danny wore many super-helpful hats. In the pre-wedding questions he acted... Read More as ceremony-design consultant, providing us with a knowledge database to help with song selection and various aspects of the ceremony, dinner. At the wedding he coordinated with all the vendors and guests giving toasts etc. I noticed he had an exceptional ability to calmly and precisely explain the details and order-of-events in say, bridge-father dance, including details like, "and then you will help the bride to her chair." On the dance floor Danny had pretty much everyone dancing acting a fool, he made announcements every time the shuttle was approaching, and he had people dancing who don't typically dance, like our older guests. Really a magical night. It was dope. But that is my experience and needs. Yours might be different. If you're researching this, you probably have doubts because there are so many options. Here's what I say to you: If I were looking for a DJ in the Maine area, I would hire Danny. But if you are still shopping around, I would just call Danny. He is very open and reassuring on the phone. Any good vibes you get from him on the phone you can be rest assured they will be there on the big night. Go right for it!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Nick J

One of the best decisions my wife and I made during the wedding planning process was to choose Northeast Event Designs (DJ Danny DeBruin) as the wedding entertainment. It only took one meeting with Danny to feel entirely comfortable hiring him. Danny has an impressive knowledge... Read More of music, understands the ins-and-outs of the wedding day "flow," and what we found to be most beneficial, is he is easy to get a hold of and easy to communicate with. Wedding planning can be very stressful at times and the last thing you want to deal with is a key vendor not returning your calls. We come from a big family that loves to dance so the entertainment was important; Danny absolutely delivered and we'd highly recommend his services!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Vanessa D

I met Danny at a bridal show. Talked with him briefly then spoke with 4 other DJs. Dan made the best first impression! I am glad I stuck with my gut & chose him to DJ my wedding. He honored our list of do & do not play songs. He was very good at reading the crowd, knowing when... Read More to mix out of a song if people weren't feeling it. He was also great about reminding our guests to sign our guestbook. The photo booth was also a big hit! I will for sure be recommending Northeast Event Design to my family & friends!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Allison R

Danny exceeded our expectations and kept our family and friends on the dance floor until the very last song! He was professional and accommodating throughout the planning process which was helpful as we were planning our wedding from another state. His presentation was polished... Read More and spot on the night of the event. He provided pipe and drape and amber up lighting for the reception which helped transform our reception venue. Our guests loved the photo booth and the attendant working with him was courteous and professional. We would absolutely recommend Northeast Event Design to anyone planning a wedding or special event!! This team truly goes above and beyond.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 William B

Danny did a great job DJing our wedding at the Nonantum this year. He provided us with ceremony audio, MCing, lighting, and nonstop dancing. Our dance floor was so packed through the night we're not sure if too many people had cake, but that's fine by us. He kept the party... Read More going, stuck to the style songs we like and stayed away from our do not play list. Danny was easy to work with prior to the wedding, having us fill out a very detailed survey and not pressuring us when I was a little late. We then talked through our survey and he asked a few questions and the job was done. It was great to be able to complete the music portion so easily. Even when I had a last minute request, Danny made sure to reassure me and made everything work out perfectly.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jay C

Dan is hands down, no questions asked, THE top choice when it come comes to wedding DJ & MC! There's no one better than him, & only with Dan, will you find the missing ingredient for your wedding day: HEART! Sure. Dan has all the talent, all the lights, all the music, all the... Read More sound & best equipment, & everything else you can imagine- but, that's not all. With Dan, you get more than an entertainment package. You get a human soul looking to create for you what most dj's & mc's never even consider: a connection to you as a person on one of the most important days of your life. Trust me when I say this, you can not find a more qualified person or a greater heart to lead your wedding and reception than the one and only, DJ Dan DeBriun of Northeast Event Design! He will go above and beyond for you- just as he did for me, to make your day & night perfection! Why? Because that's the kind of man he is- one who goes above and beyond expectation!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Stacy C

Northeast Event Design was fantastic. We first met Danny through a family member and after experiencing the magic at a family wedding, we knew he was the right choice for our special day! Northeast Event design was professional and flexible, which was very important for us as we... Read More were planning our Peaks Island wedding from across the country! Danny was super helpful through the planning process and really understood our vision. Danny did a great job playing all of our favorites and had a great feel for the music style we were going for! Most importantly, our guests had an amazing time tearing up the dance floor! We highly recommend Northeast Event Design and would absolutely hire them again!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Maria G

We had Danny as a DJ at our wedding in September, 2016. His attire was classy for our event and his DJ table was presented well. He was very professional with all interactions with us. We had the uplifting package along with DJ. The lights looked awesome around the reception... Read More room. He was very accommodating with our guests and had all our guests dancing the whole evening. The music selection was great, we had people of all ages dancing all night.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Paige P

If you are looking for a wedding entertainment that will keep your guests engaged from ceremony to the end of the night, Northeast Event Design is incredible. I was very hesitant to make this a larger part of my budget, but having a very DIY venue I felt it was necessary, and... Read More it really tied everything together. I didn't have to worry that anything wasn't going to be taken care of with Northeast there, I would highly recommend. Furthermore, with Danny specifically you are getting someone who truly listens, is responsive and goes completely above and beyond.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Tyler H

Holy cow. We had DJ Greg playing music at our wedding reception and he did a phenomenal job. After the main dances and dinner we had the anniversary dances in reverse so that by the end almost everyone was dancing. Greg kept the floor loaded the entire night until the venue was... Read More kicking us out. There was only one song where people started to sit down and he just read it right away and blended it into another song and the floor filled right back up again. Everyone was so impressed with the job he did people were smiling and singing and dancing the whole night. I had the best night of my life and it is largely to thank Greg for the awesome job on the music and lights.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Jamie H

I wish there were more stars for me to click! My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of having Greg as our DJ for our wedding reception. He was absolutely spectacular! High energy, got our guests on the dance floor and kept them dancing until the very last song! Every guest... Read More we spoke with told us he was the best DJ they'd ever heard and that he completely MADE our wedding that much better! We chose the Amber up-lighting, and it gave our reception such a warm and inviting feel! The vibe of our reception was everything we ever wanted, and the music was spot on. Greg is so professional and meticulous, and such a great guy! My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Northeast Event Design! From the very first meeting to the very last song, our experience was more than exceptional!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Ben C

Don't even look at other DJ's in the area, go right to Greg. He isn't the cheapest, but you pay for what you get and he will hook it up. Flexible, responsive, personal and caring. Do not hesitate or you'll lose him.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Carley L

We recently were lucky enough to have Greg as the DJ for our wedding. He was incredible!! We truly couldn't come up with one negative thing about him or his work. We knew he was the DJ we wanted to work with from the first email we received from him. We could tell he was... Read More professional, personable, paid attention to detail, and would work his very best to make our day that much more special. And let us tell you from experience, thats exactly what he did. He truly was there anytime we had a question or request. Meeting with Greg before the wedding truly put us both at ease. We knew our reception music/entertainment would go off without a hitch and it truly did. From the cocktail hour to the last song of the night Greg really nailed the song choices. We had SUCH a blast at our wedding, we wish we could do it all over again. We would ABSOLUTELY choose Greg a hundred times over again and HIGHLY recommend him for your special day!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Ruth L

Danny was amazing! I had a great feeling after speaking with Danny the first time on the phone, and he really put my wife-to-be at ease during the planning phase of our wedding. It was great to know that there was one less thing to worry about and he really took care of us. Its... Read More been 2 months since our wedding and we are still getting compliments from friends and family on our DJ (seriously, the one thing we keep hearing about). Danny read the crowd perfectly and kept the party going! I wish we could have kept the party going until dawn. Who knows, maybe we'll have to get an anniversary dance party together....

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Denise (Bride's mom) K

From the Mother of the Bride ... I cannot be more pleased with our DJ Greg. I told my daughter I would pay for the DJ and she immediately asked for Greg. Our first introduction to his work was at my niece's wedding in 2012. The reception was amazing and obviously he was a... Read More major part of that. Then in 2015 Greg was with our family again for our other niece's wedding celebration. We knew at that point that he was the one we hoped would be available when it was our daughter's turn. Our daughter had a destination wedding and was provided a video of the ceremony. Greg brought in 2 large TV screens and when everyone had arrived for the (very typical!) reception back here at home a few days later, everyone took a seat and you could hear a pin drop as the video played. We were thrilled and it made everyone feel like they were at the wedding. Immediately after, we were all introduced and the party began. It was perfectly coordinated! From wedding video, to first dances, Photo Booth, glow sticks and the party music the bride and groom requested ... it was the party celebration they wanted and then some. The feedback from our 100+ guests was crazy favorable for the DJ, music and fun night. Job well done and he has already been highly recommended and will continue to be!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Danielle P

We recently had the pleasure of working with Greg at North East Event Design for our wedding. From our first meeting until the big day we were impressed with his attention to detail and his willingness to make our day as special as possible. We met with Greg before our wedding... Read More to go over songs that we wanted to incorporate into our day and also the timeline of events. We quickly realized that there were so many aspects that we had not thought of, but Greg was there to guide us and make suggestions. He was extremely responsive to email and carried himself in a very professional manor. We found all the equipment used to be state of the art, and our guests really enjoyed the photo booth. The monogram adds a great touch to any venue and ties the whole package together. During the ceremony we were very pleased with how the music was ever changing to facilitate a lively dancing environment suitable for our guests. Overall we couldn’t be happier with the services we received from Greg and the NorthEast Event Design team. They are a must for anyone looking for a DJ service!!