Design & Planning Partners for your Big Day!

Congrats on your engagement! Oak & Honey Events is wedding design and planning business that helps create unique weddings with a eco-friendly touch. Wedding Planning should be a fun experience, not a burden – and we’re here to help! Call today!

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Angie T

Hiring Melanie and her team was the smartest decision I made when planning my wedding, hands-down. The year leading up to my wedding was one of the most stressful of my life--health issues, moving out of state, starting a new job, finishing grad school etc. etc. As soon as I... Read More brought Melanie on to help plan via her "pollen" package, she instantly made me feel like my dream, "pinterest-worthy" wedding was still possible, despite having just 5-ish months left before the big day. From our first skype meeting, Melanie provided incredibly valuable advice to my husband and I. I'm certain her advice, recommendations, and relationships with numerous and various top vendors saved us thousands of dollars. As we got married in a barn on a farm, it was necessary to bring in many outside vendors to pull off a great and attractive wedding (e.g. caterer, linens, other rentals, DJ etc. etc.). Melanie seamlessly set up and oversaw all of these relationships, and in turn, alleviated a ton of stress and worry. Melanie immediately understood my vision for a "boho southwestern" wedding and aided me in pulling it off to a degree that I never could have on my own. She has an eye for detail and great design skills, but also listens well to your desires and goals for the day. Melanie pointed out many things that I would have never thought about , came up with some amazing ideas, and helped me mold my own ideas to ensure they were in my budget and otherwise feasible. Throughout the planning process, I always felt that we were working together as a team. When dealing with my family members' opinions, I always felt that Melanie was firmly on MY side and this was wonderful! Having Melanie and her wonderful assistants present on the day of the wedding to coordinate was, alone, worth the cost of the entire pollen package. Her team's tireless work that day truly allowed my husband and I a completely worry-free wedding. Thanks to Melanie, we knew that we were in good hands and everything was being executed to our expectations. Ahead of the big day, she created a detailed timeline to all of the vendors, a pull sheet, and created a detailed floor plan. Her hard work to ensure things ran smoothly allowed us to have what was truly the best day of our lives. In sum, I highly recommend hiring Melanie and her team. Her services are an absolute bargain for all that you receive. She will go above and beyond for you at every turn, and ensure that your dream wedding becomes a reality.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Leslie R

Hiring Oak & Honey Events to help us with our daughter's wedding was by far the best decision we made! Melanie and Krista were so helpful during the entire process which allowed us to enjoy the planning and most importantly the wedding itself. It gave me such peace of mind... Read More knowing that the wedding was in perfect hands and the smallest of details would be handled. Our daughter and her husband got married outside and then had the reception in a beautiful barn on the property. Melanie and Krista are true professionals and handled every detail brilliantly especially since all of the vendors had to be hired out. They answered all of our questions in a timely manner; coordinated all of the vendors and kept them on task; helped us organize the seating list in Aisle Planner; prepared the most detailed timeline I have ever seen; handled all of the set up and clean up for both the ceremony and the reception and made sure everything went off seamlessly on the wedding day. We were able to relax, talk to the guests and sit back and enjoy this most memorable and beautiful day! I am more than pleased with our experience working with Oak & Honey and would highly recommend them! Thank you to Melanie, Krista and the team for making our daughter’s wedding day more beautiful than we could have ever imagined!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 samantha c

If I could give Oak & Honey Events more stars, I would!! Melanie and I started worked together for about a year and a half on my wedding, and she was fantastic throughout the entire process. She was knowledgeable about different vendors and really tried to help me choose the... Read More right ones that fit in my budget and worked well with my theme. She was always available to help me answer my questions, whether it was a phone call, or text, or email, especially when it was closer to the wedding date. The day of, she was (in my opinion) the hero of the day! She made the venue look AMAZING with the help of her staff, and the day went absolutely perfect! She was always checking on my husband and I to see if we needed anything, and she also checked on our parents as well! She really helped to make our day perfect, and it was! She really made the whole wedding planning process a breeze, and my husband and I couldn't have been more lucky to work with her. If you need a wedding planner, Melanie with Oak & Honey Events should most definitely be your #1 pick, you'll be so happy you did!! <3

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Anna R

It is really disconcerting reading all of the outstanding reviews about Oak and Honey because overall I did not have that same experience. Leading up to my wedding, I had all the confidence in the world in Melanie and Krista, but the day of the wedding all of the cracks started... Read More to show. Krista was new to the company when I hired them and looking back that should have been my first red flag. She seemed like she was really on top of everything and was constantly updating me on things that were happening in the days before the wedding. However, her inexperience showed on the day of when it was time for the wedding party to get to the venue. It was mass confusion when it came to coordinating our large group--she kept getting lost in the building and no one knew where we were supposed to be. My father was also unaccounted for when it was time for us to walk down the aisle. After the wedding, when we were getting ready to be announced my DJ started to see that there was no organization, and that my in-laws and parents were getting upset, and asked if he could take control of the wedding party! How embarrassing! Every time I would look to Krista for some clarity she looked like a deer in headlights. 8 months later I'm still upset about it. The only reason I hired a planner was so that I wouldn't be stressed on my wedding day, and I was stressed on my wedding day. The silver lining of the day was Mary and Melanie's mom because they did an amazing job handling the set up of the reception room and ceremony, but Krista really disappointed me. Based on the other reviews I seem to be in the minority, so hopefully that means things have gotten better.

2018-02-05T21:42:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, Anna. Oak & Honey Events strives to make sure all couples are happy through the planning process as well as on the wedding day. We are very sorry you were unhappy with the O&H Team. We continue to grow as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Elise S

My wedding was perfect! It was everything that I ever dreamed it would be, and much of that perfect design and execution was because of Melanie’s help and insights. My mom and I started planning initially by ourselves, and it was such a relief when we decided to bring in... Read More Melanie. She was incredibly organized, kept us updated throughout the planning process and had wonderful design suggestions. She thought of designs that I never would have that really made the wedding ceremony and reception beautiful. She really gets to know her clients so that her design suggestions fit with their vision for the wedding. There was no detail of the wedding that went unplanned. Here are some attributes that we would use to describe Melanie and the exceptional service that she provides: • Amazing • Insightful • Extremely organized • Prompt • Anticipated needs • Personable • Attended to every detail • Established a trusting relationship with us and the vendors • Kept us continuously informed Melanie brought a sense of relief to us and brought a breath of fresh air and joy to what could have been a very stressful planning process. She helped to ensure that my wedding was an exceptional event that provided a lifetime of beautiful memories.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Marissa E

Hiring Oak and Honey Events for our wedding was the best decision we could have made. Melanie went above and beyond for our wedding. Many of our family and friends have told us how awesome our wedding was, and it's all because of Melanie. The day of the wedding, we didn't have... Read More one care in the world because Melanie was there every step of the way making sure everything ran smoothly. Thank you for such a beautiful wedding.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kelly S

Working with Melanie was our wedding’s saving grace. After selecting our venue, which was 4 hours away, we quickly realized that we needed help. We were referred to Melanie of Oak & Honey Events by our venue. After a single phone call, it was clear that we had the right planner... Read More because of Melanie’s philosophy on partnering with local vendors, and planning environmentally friendly events. Melanie understood the vision for our wedding immediately and helpped plan every perfect detail, she even made our escort board!! The day of the wedding Melanie and her team were incredible! Not only did they master set up and break down, but they were so attentive to myself and my groom, kept all vendors on schedule, and even found a second shuttle for our guests (30 minutes before the ceremony) as the original one broke down! Our day was flawless thanks to Melanie and her amazing team!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Dawn S

Awesome!!! Melanie guided us through every detail and found the best vendors for our daughters wedding when we were 4-5 hours away from our wedding destination. She was patient, kind, detailed, efficient and timely. I highly recommend Oak & Honey Events! The day of the wedding... Read More Melanie's staff were awesome too! BTW, they travel! Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Emily m

Melanie and her team are absolutely incredible. I was the most clueless bride, blindly and clumsily feeling my way through this process until melanie came to my rescue. I honestly would not have made it through the wedding planning or day without her. Not only did she... Read More coordinate with ALL of my vendors, she also made everything look amazing, and legitimately "protected" me from any rogue vendors who started going off of the rails. My day was PERFECT and I'm 100% positive it wouldn't have been if melanie hadn't been a part of it. Not only is she diligent, she is an awesome person in general. I don't have a single bad thing to say. Not one.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Marissa J

She deserved all the stars because she made my day perfect! Melanie was so amazing in getting my bridal party and I on time for our ceremony and reception. I didn't have to worry about one thing! I couldn't imagine having anyone else coordinate with my wedding but Mel. She... Read More goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding day is perfect. Defiantly hire her and do it right now! Trust me you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Sarah G

Deciding to hire Melanie as my wedding planner was honestly the best decision I had made throughout my entire wedding process. My wedding was the first in my family, so we had no idea what we were doing. Thank god we decided to use Oak and Honey because we honestly could not... Read More have done it without them. Melanie was so incredibly attentive to every little detail I had requested that it shocked me. She even remembered details that I had forgotten! She was extremely responsive and would answer emails almost immediately. This was an extremely stressful time (as it is for most brides) and Melanie was able to help me stay calm. I kept asking her the couple weeks before my wedding if I should be doing anything and she would always just calmly reply "nope, just relax! I've got this!" My actual wedding day would not have gone so smoothly without Melanie. She made sure each person was at the exact spot when they needed to be. I really didn't even have to think about anything except showing up! It was amazing. I'm truly serious, please consider hiring from Oak and Honey. It will make the world of a difference when planning your wedding. It was affordable too and well worth it. She also got my vision for my wedding the first day we met and ran with it and everything looked absolutely perfect. It's like she could read my mind on a lot of things. Melanie, you are amazing at what you do and I cannot thank you enough for helping me make my wedding dreams come true! THANK YOU!!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Kelly M

I am so glad we hired Oak & Honey Events to help us with our wedding! We opted for the "Honeycomb" package since I had already selected most of our vendors by the time I found Oak & Honey and was mostly interested in "day-of" coordination services. However, I really wound up... Read More appreciating the "month-of" nature of the Honeycomb package. Melanie and Melissa attended the final walk-through of our reception venue, created a timeline for the wedding day with all of my vendors, and made the list of things I would need to bring to the rehearsal for them to have ready for the next day. All in all, I really feel that Melanie and Melissa were absolutely essential to our wedding day going as well as it did, and I would definitely recommend Oak & Honey Events to any couples who are interested in having their wedding professionally organized so they can be fully present on their big day and really get to enjoy it!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Alyssa C

Melanie and her team are outstanding. I could go on and on about all of the positive things I should say about Oaks and Honey. What I will give in one powerful example: My grandfather passed away the DAY before my wedding. Melanie and her team acted fast and without constant... Read More prompting to accommodate such a horrible, sudden circumstance. She coordinated the redesign and reprinting of the programs. She adjusted the seating arrangements. And much more. None of which would have been possible without her. She is a true rock star and I HIGHLY recommend hiring Melanie to make your fairytale wedding come true.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Mary P

I would add a star or two to my "best ever" rating! Melanie and Krista were absolutely fantastic to work with. As the mother of the bride this was the best decision we made in our wedding planning. My daughter, the bride, lives out of the country and planned on having her... Read More wedding back here. We could not have pulled it off without Oak and Honey Events. Krista and Melanie went through every detail with us. They were the point people for all the vendors, created a flawless timeline for the weekend, sent us reminders, and helped to create the perfect setting that exceeded our expectations! Best of all, the wedding day was virtually stress-free! We relaxed and enjoyed our time together and with our guests. Krista was with us the entire evening, making sure everything was just perfect. She even packed our car afterward! The wedding was outdoors with a rustic, natural feel - simple yet beautiful. I remember walking past the reception tent as I arrived at the venue and I had to pause and take in the view - a culmination of all of our planning - and it truly was more beautiful than I imagined! Thank you Melanie and Krista!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Charlie S

We had a fantastic experience with Oak and Honey and could not imagine how we would have pulled off our wedding without them. They are incredibly organized, professional and offer great advice. They also have great relationships with so many vendors, and really helped guide us... Read More when it came to managing all of their different personalities. I'd give Melanie and Krista six stars if possible. They are amazing.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Brenda F

My husband and I decided to hire a month of planner and it was hands down one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. The day went smoothly and you don't realize how much coordination is actually involved until afterwards. There was no way we could have had things... Read More go as smoothly as they did otherwise. They have so much experience with weddings that the advice and input given was invaluable. If you are on the fence at all about a wedding planner, do it, and you can just enjoy your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Bethany W

Melanie and the crew took care of directing our wedding and making sure everything was taken care of and timed well. They are able to help organize and make sense of the in's and out's of wedding planning.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Liz T

We hired Melanie as a "month of" planner and she really helped us organize all the work we had done so far. So great to have a guide to take you through what you should be doing and when. She was also amazing at helping coordinate with vendors leading up to the event so you can... Read More focus on the million other things that come up. Melanie also made sure vendors delivered on expectations and was on our side every step of the way. You really feel like she's on your side.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jenny S

Melanie, Krysta and Katelyn, of Oak and Honey Events, were with us from Day 1 of our wedding planning and were nothing short of amazing. As Mother of the Bride I found them organized and timely. They seamlessly moved us through the exciting planning process to a perfect wedding... Read More day for our daughter Maddy and her husband Chris on September 10th, 2016. Maddy lives in Colorado, we are in Cleveland and the wedding was held in Omena, MI just North of Traverse City! Melanie helped us to bring together what our daughter and her fiancé envisioned without a problem. Oak and Honey worked closely with Cammie and Andrew of Epicure Catering and Cherry Basket Farms to create the perfect day. Thanks so much Oak and Honey for a memorable experience for our family and all of our happy guests!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sean B

Melanie dominated, she's a rockstar. She took over all communication with vendors 3 weeks prior to wedding and all we had to do was show up, it was great. you can't put a price tag on peace of mind, if anything I would say Melanie doesn't charge enough for her services. She and... Read More her team were always accessible with questions we had or things we needed and would point us in the right direction always. I would recommend Mealnie and Oak & Honey Events to everyone and anyone getting married. We had an awesome day and we kept telling ourselves after the wedding was over "thang God we had Melanie" because we had a lot of working parts and it couldn't have been done without her. Thank you and your team for a great experience

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Amy H

Hiring Melanie and her Oak & Honey Events team was the most worthwhile decision we made for our wedding. She was immediately responsive when we reached out to her a year before our wedding and when we Skype-called her we knew she would be a great help to us! With Melanie, we... Read More were able to plan a beautiful wedding from overseas. My husband and I had a few ideas for what we wanted-- but her organizational expertise and design vision (the perfect combination) were absolutely essential. As the wedding drew closer, it was also apparent that Melanie was truly loyal to us and advocated for our vision. She worked with our vendors (even through some challenges with them) to assure we obtained what we wanted. It was especially wonderful for us as the bride and groom and our families and friends to be able to enjoy the entire wedding day, start to finish, with no worries or excess stress. Our guests noticed how wonderful Melanie and her team were and ended up chanting "Melanie for President" on the shuttle bus from the reception! Thank you so much, Melanie! We appreciate everything!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Caitlin R

Melanie and her team were SO helpful and I would recommend them to any couple. We hired Oak and Honey Events for full service planning and they were able to help us to select a venue and vendors that fell within our budget without needing to sacrifice quality. All of her vendor... Read More suggestions were excellent and we could not be more pleased. We ended up having to change our venue 4 months before the wedding due to construction issues and Melanie was the reason I did not completely lose my mind. The Oak and Honey Events team went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect and went smoothly. Melanie is the total package because not only doe she help with coordination but she also handles all of the event design and decor and she does an amazing job. Myself, my parents and my husband are so thankful to have had Melanie throughout the whole planning process and on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jeff P

Can I give Oak & Honey Events MORE than 5 stars. I do not even know where to begin with how awesome Melanie @ Oak & Honey Events was to work with. We hired Melanie about a year out from our wedding in the early stages of planning. We live 3+ hrs from our venue and I was very... Read More stressed about finding the perfect vendors to match our style. Melanie immediately jumped into action with wonderful vendor recommendations. Over the course of a year I came to think of Melanie not as a planner but more like a close girlfriend that I could go to with anything : ) It was like she became family to my fiancee Jeff and I. She is always quick to get back to emails, texts, phone calls and willing to help with any questions you may have. When my venue's "event planner" was let go a lot of our wedding details, contracts etc were lost in the shuffle. Melanie immediately worked with the venue's owner and got everything sorted out and helped put us at ease. The month before our wedding she reached out to all our vendors, created timelines for us to follow and made sure everything was checked off on our list. Her online website helped keep us on track with a helpful timeline as well as on budget. The day of our wedding we did not have to think about a single thing- Melanie and her team took care of EVERYTHING and made our day run so smoothly. Everyone in our wedding party kept commenting on how great it was to have Melanie around handling everything. The day was more BEAUTIFUL & STRESS FREE than I could have ever imagined. Hiring Oak & Honey Events was the BEST money we spent on our wedding. I have to figure out another event to have so that I can have the joy of working with Melanie and her team again <3

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Maddy S

We did the full planning package with Oak and Honey Events- and we are so thankful we did! We are both from Cleveland originally, but now live in Colorado and were planning a Northern Michigan wedding..quite the challenge. Melanie and her team made it easy for us. From... Read More researching and contacting all the vendors in the area, booking hotel room blocks, to coordinating everything the day of - we could not have done this without them. They brought our design vision to life, and helped to make the whole day feel like a reflection of us as a couple. Our guests are still commenting about how amazing all the design elements were, especially all the details!! Thank you so much Melanie, Krysta, and Katelyn! :)

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Leann W

Melanie and Krysta were such assets throughout the entire planning process. It was so incredibly helpful to have them to contact and coordinate all of the vendors. Having Melanie’s staff keep all of the many moving pieces throughout our day on schedule was a life a saver. We... Read More were very blessed to have Melanie, Krysta and Katelyn. I would definitely recommend her and her staff to anyone I know that is planning on getting married. Thank you so much Melanie! You’re truly the best!

I have been delighted to have had the opportunity to create color palettes not only for events but also as a healthcare interior designer. I am obsessed with anything outdoors and I have a passion for creating events that touch every ones hearts. After being a volunteer event organizer for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation for over 12 years, I have redirected my lust to produce locally sourced events to reduce our impact on the environment.