Occasions At Stone River

Royse City, TX

The Premier Dallas Wedding Venue!

Occasions at Stone River Wedding and Reception Venue in Royse City is just 25 minutes from Dallas. Whether you prefer vintage, rustic or traditionally elegant, we can customize your wedding just for you! Best of all, Occasions is affordable!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Bow2010

1250 FM 2453, Royse City, TX

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Jasmine S

Angela- thank you so much for all of your help in putting all of the wedding details together on our wedding day. Your calm personality knack for organization ensured that our wedding went pefectly, without a hitch-- even when we forgot to bring our exit bubbles! I can't thank... Read More you enough. Peter- thank you SOOOOO much for being such an incredible DJ at our wedding! You were more than a DJ!! Our guests were going on and on about how awesome you were! (Also- they thought your shoes were awesome). Your professionalism, DJ abilities, and facilitation of our wedding were above anything we could've imagined! We can't thank you enough! Chef Zach- thank you for pleasing all of my guests with your delicious food! We chose the Napa menu and substituted green beans instead of steamed veggies, added fettichini alfredo as a side, and upgraded the salad to the one with mandarin oranges. Everything was delicious!! Occasions at Stone River- you are a beautiful venue that made wedding planning from out of state so easy and convenient. Thank you for giving me my dream wedding!!

Amazing Reception Experience!

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Leslie Z

I wholeheartedly believe that had I not had my wedding at Occasions, I would have been in grave need of a wedding planner. The entire experience from venue visit to the wedding day was exceptional. Occasions at Stone River is special, because all of the services you could need... Read More are offered by the venue. All of the decorations are chosen by the bride and groom, and they look beautiful on the wedding day. We were even given the opportunity to stop by the day before to set up our table numbers, place cards, and final touches. Seeing the final product and feeling so worry free about the reception was helpful during such a busy week! The food was delicious (we chose the pasta buffet). My husband and I have received many compliments about Occasions since our wedding day. Additionally, our DJ, Peter Silander, was so encouraging and helpful! He keeps you updated about all of the upcoming formality events and ensures that all the guests also feel involved in the celebration with the use of his lively personality and years of experience. My husband and I also have been told by guests that they've never been a part of such an organized wedding, which I firmly believe is all thanks to Peter's attentiveness during our reception and Occasions at Stone River's preparedness. Angela Johnson was also incredible from day one to make sure that my day was how I imagined it would be. I love how each member of their staff not only participates in your reception but also goes above and beyond to make it enjoyable. I appreciate everything Occasions did to make my wedding day a special one. I highly recommend this venue!

Friendly and Fantastic

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Lisa K

I looked at this venue at the suggestion of a co-worker who is a relative of the owners. I immediately fell in love with it and decided to choose it for our wedding. The prices were much more reasonable than other venues I looked at, the DJ was fantastic (Peter the Motivator),... Read More the pastor was sweet as could be, and everything went very smoothly/ well. Angela (the wedding planner for the venue) was extremely helpful and definitely knew what she was doing. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone! The only pitfalls are that it is a bit far out for those in the main DFW metroplex (but it's your day anyway!) and the bakery they contract with was quite difficult to get in touch with after the cake tasting (but they have since added another option for bakery). The catering is done by the venue and the food is delicious! The chef was very accommodating for my many vegetarian friends (veggie fajitas). Love, love, love. - One happy bride

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Stephanie C

We had originally chosen a different venue but when I saw occasions at Stone River I changed my mind I lost out on another deposit but I was completely happy with my decision occasions at Stone River did absolutely everything to make sure my wedding was perfect. I received so... Read More many compliments on the food the staff everything was absolutely amazing my decorations were amazing everything was 100% perfect no worries whatsoever. This venue is affordable and within our price range April and her husband really worked with us as far as payment goes and Angela was very helpful with me when helping me to find the decorations and everything that I wanted and answering all my questions. They made this experience super easy for me as I was planning the wedding alone just me and my husband. No complaints everything was perfect!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Sarah B

Occasions at Stone River is the perfect place to have your wedding and reception. They are so welcoming, patient and accommodating through every step of the process. They truly are PROS. When life throws you curve-balls (and believe me, there will be curve-balls during the... Read More wedding planning process), Occasions is flexible and incredibly helpful!I cannot recommend them more highly! The venue is STUNNING, the staff is amazing, and the food is delicious! Our family and friends had a fantastic time, and you will too!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Adele E

My wedding was absolutely perfect! I owe it all to this venue and the amazing occasions team. Angela was the perfect wedding coordinator, really easy to get ahold of and always on top of everything. The food was to die for. Friends and family are still talking about how good the... Read More food was. I also can't say enough about our DJ, Peter did an fantastic job of getting everyone out on the dance floor and making the reception flow smoothly. Before we got married here I would read all the reviews that were written and I couldn't wait to get married and see how it would be for me. Now that we had our wedding I can see why everyone gives Occasions the ratings it deserves. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Molly D

We absolutely loved the location for our wedding and reception. It was so picturesque overlooking the golf course. All of the decorations you offer made my choices easy and the venue was remarkable. Beyond the beauty of the magnificent venue, I cannot express how much we... Read More appreciated the competence and efficiency of the entire staff. Many of our guests told me how nice and accommodating all of the staff were to them. Everyone was so professional and made both our wedding and reception go perfectly. The entire night was more than amazing. Thank you does not seem like enough to say for the most perfect night of my life. I’m so thankful we chose Occasions for our venue.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Molly D

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Emily S

I had my wedding here on August 15. The venue itself is gorgeous - The decor is perfect and the staff are excellent. The chapel has a wonderful winding staircase which was really nice. The bridal suite has two really large rooms and a sitting area in addition to the dressing... Read More rooms. There was plenty of room for everyone to get dressed. The reception was stunning. More than enough room for our guests and a huge dance floor. Also, I could never say enough about the attentive and NICE staff. The wedding event coordinator was Angela Johnson - and she made the entire process easy and pleasant. If anyone is looking for a wedding venue, Occasions is the very best.

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Emily S

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Monica B

Just want to say thank you to Occasions staff. My wedding could not have been more perfect. Thank all of you so much.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Monica B

Way Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

I could not believe how hard everyone worked to make my wedding more than I ever thought possible. Just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for everything. Occasions is more than wonderful.

The Best Ever - More Than I Ever Thought Possible

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

My wedding was everything I ever thought possible. Just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all ya'll did for me. You went way above and beyond in making my wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

Where to start. We had our wedding at Occasions at Stone River. From the very first time we saw it at the tour, we fell in love at first sight and this is where our search for a venue ended! The grounds are LUSH and green with beautiful flowers EVERYWHERE. All of the... Read More centerpieces were furnished for us – so many choices! Our colors were plum and champagne, of course, they had those exact colors for the table linens. They had many, many colors to choose from. We had so much fun picking out everything. Angela was so wonderful to work with. The chapel was so beautiful and the bride and groom suites are AWESOME. So much space – two huge rooms and mirrors everywhere. Angela gave us the nicest gift. She is so sweet. The stage in the chapel was decorated perfectly. There were so many compliments on and on and on! I just could not believe my eyes when I walked into the reception area. WOW it was more than beautiful… Seeing all the decorations and my colors everywhere was so perfect. People are still talking about the food. We had some special dietary requirements and of course Chef Zach was very accommodating. I can’t say enough about the food. OHMYGOSH!!! It was amazing! My wedding night was the best night of my life and Occasions at Stone River made it all happen for me. Angela is perfect for the job she has. I couldn’t have had anyone better. She took care of all of the details even before I thought to ask about it. It was already done for me. Oh, and one more thing about the DJ – Peter. He was a blast so much fun. Overall I could not believe everything was so perfect. My family and friends are still talking about my wedding and we are a month out. Everyone was so professional and everything went off just like clockwork. So organized and perfect. I can’t thank ya’ll enough.

DJ Peter was Excellent!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Kayla K

The house DJ at Occasions at Stone River was Peter Silander. He was so great!!! He helped the entire reception flow smoothly and kept our guests entertained. He even got out on the dance floor and taught everyone some line dances. He was so nice and truly wanted to provide the... Read More best experience for me and my husband and our guests. Highly recommend him!

Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Kayla K

My wedding day was the best day of my life. I absolutely can't imagine it have going any better!!! Occasions at Stone River is a huge part of why the day was so perfect. We had a Saturday morning wedding. I was nervous about having enough time to get ready at the venue, so... Read More Angela let me get there as early as I wanted to - 7 am!! Angela is the staff wedding coordinator/planner. She took care of everything for us - we hardly had to plan, except to choose what centerpieces we wanted. It made planning from another state much less of a headache. We didn't have to set up or clean up, which was great for us. The venue itself is beautiful. The staff were always nice and quick to make any necessary changes. The DJ, Peter, provided by the venue, was wonderful. We had so many compliments on how smoothly the reception went, and it's all thanks to him. We had a 2 hour phone call with him prior to the wedding and he went over every detail we could imagine. The people over at Occasions truly go above and beyond to make sure each wedding is special and perfect. If we had to do it all over again, we would choose this venue in a heartbeat. Thanks so much to everyone there, especially Angela, Peter, and Johnny!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Maggie H

Thank all of you for everything you did for us. We could have never asked for a better wedding or more a beautiful venue. We still have people telling us what a wonderful wedding it was. I still can't believe it. All of you were more than awesome. Thank you all!

MORE THAN AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/04/2015

Thank you Occasions for all you did for us. The entire staff was more than AMAZING, but especially Angela. I could not have asked for more. You went way above and beyond for us! Thank you!

Best Venue

Reviewed on 7/04/2015

At our wedding, we could not have asked for more. It not only was everything we expected, but much more. Just wanted to say thank you to all of the staff, especially Angela and Chef Zach. We would not change anything. Everything was great. Thanks to you all.

More than I could have imagined

Reviewed on 5/31/2015

our wedding and reception was more than I could imagine. The venue itself was beautiful. The courtyard was so nice and had lots of flowers. Everyone there was so good to us and so professional. Angela was the best so laid back and accommodating. The food was so good. If I had... Read More to pick a venue again it would definitely be occasions.

My experience

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Zulema M

Angela is great to work with. I loved the place! Food and cake were great!! Also I got Angela as my photographer and my pictures were beyond awesome! Staff is great also. BUT I had some problems the day of the wedding! - There was a table missing (I had table numbers and... Read More sitting charts so it would ruin everything I told them since they keep insisting it looked better without another table I guess they did not want to go through all the trouble of bringing it and decorating it) however they did bring it in. - At the time of the wedding I did not notice (because there were many things going on that I had to do before the wedding started including the missing table and the groom and guest arriving before everything was ready!) that the decorations that I had picked were not the ones (I noticed till I saw the video and pictures of my wedding). I had picked two different decorations to make a pattern on the tables. One of the decorations was correct but on the other tables they had a totally different decoration! I did inform Angela but she said either way your wedding looked real beautiful. SO you be the judge of that!

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Stella J

My best friend recently was married at Occasions at Stone River, all I can say is it was PERFECT!!! I am so glad she found this place.

OSR is the best!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I'm a little late on reviewing OSR (my life has finally calmed down!) but I just want to give a huge thanks to the entire staff at Occasions at Stone River. From Betty and Angela, to the Chef, and all of the waitstaff, thank you for making our day perfect! I highly recommend... Read More this venue. They made it so easy for us to plan our wedding (thanks angela!) I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful wedding.

Absolutely incredible!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I recently attended a wedding at Occasions at Stone River, and it was the best wedding I have ever been to. With me being in my 30s, I've been to plenty of weddings that are disastrous. Everything was so perfectly organized, from the decor outside to the flow of the entire... Read More wedding. I knew the bride had a huge weight lifted off her shoulders (as most brides would usually have!) with the help of Angela, the wedding coordinator. She's the best at what she does! The food was INCREDIBLE! Chef Zach is the real deal. The chicken was perfectly moist, which is really hard to do when you're cooking for 200 people! The staff was so kind and professional. You can tell that all of them really and truly love what they do. The DJ really knows how to get everyone up and dancing and he was so much fun! I recently got engaged myself, and I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else! OSR made my friends dream come true, and I can't wait for them to do the same for my wedding! Everything was absolutely amazing!