Occasions At Stone River

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Bow2010

1250 FM 2453, Royse City, TX

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Jasmine S

Angela- thank you so much for all of your help in putting all of the wedding details together on our wedding day. Your calm personality knack for organization ensured that our wedding went pefectly, without a hitch-- even when we forgot to bring our exit bubbles! I can't thank... Read More you enough. Peter- thank you SOOOOO much for being such an incredible DJ at our wedding! You were more than a DJ!! Our guests were going on and on about how awesome you were! (Also- they thought your shoes were awesome). Your professionalism, DJ abilities, and facilitation of our wedding were above anything we could've imagined! We can't thank you enough! Chef Zach- thank you for pleasing all of my guests with your delicious food! We chose the Napa menu and substituted green beans instead of steamed veggies, added fettichini alfredo as a side, and upgraded the salad to the one with mandarin oranges. Everything was delicious!! Occasions at Stone River- you are a beautiful venue that made wedding planning from out of state so easy and convenient. Thank you for giving me my dream wedding!!

Amazing Reception Experience!

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Leslie Z

I wholeheartedly believe that had I not had my wedding at Occasions, I would have been in grave need of a wedding planner. The entire experience from venue visit to the wedding day was exceptional. Occasions at Stone River is special, because all of the services you could need... Read More are offered by the venue. All of the decorations are chosen by the bride and groom, and they look beautiful on the wedding day. We were even given the opportunity to stop by the day before to set up our table numbers, place cards, and final touches. Seeing the final product and feeling so worry free about the reception was helpful during such a busy week! The food was delicious (we chose the pasta buffet). My husband and I have received many compliments about Occasions since our wedding day. Additionally, our DJ, Peter Silander, was so encouraging and helpful! He keeps you updated about all of the upcoming formality events and ensures that all the guests also feel involved in the celebration with the use of his lively personality and years of experience. My husband and I also have been told by guests that they've never been a part of such an organized wedding, which I firmly believe is all thanks to Peter's attentiveness during our reception and Occasions at Stone River's preparedness. Angela Johnson was also incredible from day one to make sure that my day was how I imagined it would be. I love how each member of their staff not only participates in your reception but also goes above and beyond to make it enjoyable. I appreciate everything Occasions did to make my wedding day a special one. I highly recommend this venue!

Friendly and Fantastic

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Lisa K

I looked at this venue at the suggestion of a co-worker who is a relative of the owners. I immediately fell in love with it and decided to choose it for our wedding. The prices were much more reasonable than other venues I looked at, the DJ was fantastic (Peter the Motivator),... Read More the pastor was sweet as could be, and everything went very smoothly/ well. Angela (the wedding planner for the venue) was extremely helpful and definitely knew what she was doing. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone! The only pitfalls are that it is a bit far out for those in the main DFW metroplex (but it's your day anyway!) and the bakery they contract with was quite difficult to get in touch with after the cake tasting (but they have since added another option for bakery). The catering is done by the venue and the food is delicious! The chef was very accommodating for my many vegetarian friends (veggie fajitas). Love, love, love. - One happy bride

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Corey C

We cannot say enough good things about this place! They made the planning process easy and fun! Angela was so sweet and helpful, while Peter (DJ) and Johnny (officiant) were both super kind and made us feel relaxed and confident about the flow of our wedding. The 60 day meeting... Read More took a lot of the guess work out of planning and all the options provided to us were beautiful! Our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect and we highly recommend this place!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Audrey B

Occasions was incredible! I was extremely impressed with how beautiful everything was and especially how smoothly the entire wedding went thanks to Angela and our dj Peter! We got endless compliments on how everything was just so perfect and it's all thanks to Angela and Peter!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jenna H

Our wedding was perfect! The decorations and staff are GREAT! Thank you to Angela she was so helpful through the planning process. The food was wonderful! I would recommend Occasions to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Randy J

Thank you Occasions for making our daughters wedding the wedding of her dreams!! I got to set back and just enjoy every minute of the day! I will recommend you to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jenn H

Thanks to all the wonderful employees of Occasions at Stone for making our wedding day the best day ever. It was up to me do the planning due to my wife working out of state. With Occasions help I pulled it off without hitch. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Terrie G

Everything was PERFECT!!! Just as I have always dreamed it would be. The staff was wonderful, from the day we toured they made us feel like family. Thank you Occasions at Stone River!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Candace O

I don't think i cant express enough in words just how happy i am that i choose Occasions for the venue of my wedding this past weekend. I had a long engagement and they worked with me for over a year for my special day. Everything was perfect. Angela set up everything the way i... Read More had asked, they were very quick to respond to emails, and made sure they laid everything out so i knew what to expect. You can pick and choose which options you would like to have to suit your budget. We choose an outdoor ceremony with reception inside. All of our family and friends said the food was great, we had the Italian buffet. The margaritas were the best i have every had. Seriously! I highly recommend Occasions the staff is super sweet and helpful and they all went above and beyond to make my day just as i wished.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Linda E

We're on our way to our honeymoon, but I had I take the time to take the time to thank Angela, Micah, Chef Zachary, Peter, April and everyone else at that help make our wedding day absolutely beautiful!!! Planning a wedding is stressful, but Angela & April made the process very... Read More simple and easy for Terry and I. I had no idea what I wanted to do with several aspects, but Angela guided me through & came up some awesome suggestion. She had the wedding party in order and coordinated the perfect ceremony. The venue was absolutely beautiful! The decorations were amazing, we received a lot of compliments! Micah did an excellent job officiating and performing a breathtaking ceremony as well as doubling up as our DJ. He really worked the crowd & made the reception run smoothly! Our favorite part was the newly wed game. To Chef Zach, the food was absolutely delicious and we have a box of cookies for our honeymoon! Thank you Peter and the camera crew for capturing all the important moments on our special day! We loved the way you guys played them back during the reception! We will be purchasing the video. You all did an amazing job! When we renew our vows a decade from now we will definitely come back to Occasions @ Stone River! Thank you so much, Linda & Terry Ely

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Sonya G

Everything was perfect. Everyone was awesome

Reviewed on 4/19/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Occasions at stone river! Angela walked me through every little detail, and my night was amazing! Peter and Micah did an awesome job with the music and keep my guest entertained during cocktail hour. The staff was so friendly and helpful ,... Read More the night was perfect and loved every minute of it! I cannot forget the FOOD! I received so many complements on the food! from the cake to the food to the Decor! absolutely everything i could have asked for! Thank you so much to everyone at occasions for making me and my husbands night one to remember!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Paige L

My new husband found this place and I couldn't have been happier! We had a wonderful wedding at Occasions! From the get go it was obvious that the staff emphasized making the whole planning process as accommodating and stress free as possible. They have all the connections... Read More for vendors you may need, or are helpful if you want to bring in your own. Angela and April were so timely in responding to all of my questions leading up to our big day and worked to make the day perfect for all of our guests. The food was an absolute hit and the serving staff made sure everything went smoothly. In addition, Peter the DJ was awesome and made the reception a blast. We felt as though the planning was easy and the day was a reflection of us, exactly how we wanted it. Thank you so much, Occasions at Stone River!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Stephanie C

We had originally chosen a different venue but when I saw occasions at Stone River I changed my mind I lost out on another deposit but I was completely happy with my decision occasions at Stone River did absolutely everything to make sure my wedding was perfect. I received so... Read More many compliments on the food the staff everything was absolutely amazing my decorations were amazing everything was 100% perfect no worries whatsoever. This venue is affordable and within our price range April and her husband really worked with us as far as payment goes and Angela was very helpful with me when helping me to find the decorations and everything that I wanted and answering all my questions. They made this experience super easy for me as I was planning the wedding alone just me and my husband. No complaints everything was perfect!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Sarah B

Occasions at Stone River is the perfect place to have your wedding and reception. They are so welcoming, patient and accommodating through every step of the process. They truly are PROS. When life throws you curve-balls (and believe me, there will be curve-balls during the... Read More wedding planning process), Occasions is flexible and incredibly helpful!I cannot recommend them more highly! The venue is STUNNING, the staff is amazing, and the food is delicious! Our family and friends had a fantastic time, and you will too!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Adele E

My wedding was absolutely perfect! I owe it all to this venue and the amazing occasions team. Angela was the perfect wedding coordinator, really easy to get ahold of and always on top of everything. The food was to die for. Friends and family are still talking about how good the... Read More food was. I also can't say enough about our DJ, Peter did an fantastic job of getting everyone out on the dance floor and making the reception flow smoothly. Before we got married here I would read all the reviews that were written and I couldn't wait to get married and see how it would be for me. Now that we had our wedding I can see why everyone gives Occasions the ratings it deserves. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Molly D

We absolutely loved the location for our wedding and reception. It was so picturesque overlooking the golf course. All of the decorations you offer made my choices easy and the venue was remarkable. Beyond the beauty of the magnificent venue, I cannot express how much we... Read More appreciated the competence and efficiency of the entire staff. Many of our guests told me how nice and accommodating all of the staff were to them. Everyone was so professional and made both our wedding and reception go perfectly. The entire night was more than amazing. Thank you does not seem like enough to say for the most perfect night of my life. I’m so thankful we chose Occasions for our venue.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Molly D

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Emily S

I had my wedding here on August 15. The venue itself is gorgeous - The decor is perfect and the staff are excellent. The chapel has a wonderful winding staircase which was really nice. The bridal suite has two really large rooms and a sitting area in addition to the dressing... Read More rooms. There was plenty of room for everyone to get dressed. The reception was stunning. More than enough room for our guests and a huge dance floor. Also, I could never say enough about the attentive and NICE staff. The wedding event coordinator was Angela Johnson - and she made the entire process easy and pleasant. If anyone is looking for a wedding venue, Occasions is the very best.

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Emily S

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Monica B

Just want to say thank you to Occasions staff. My wedding could not have been more perfect. Thank all of you so much.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Monica B

Way Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

I could not believe how hard everyone worked to make my wedding more than I ever thought possible. Just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for everything. Occasions is more than wonderful.

The Best Ever - More Than I Ever Thought Possible

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

My wedding was everything I ever thought possible. Just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all ya'll did for me. You went way above and beyond in making my wedding day perfect!