Occasions At Stone River

Royse City, TX

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

A beautiful, rural wedding destination located 30 miles from Dallas, Occasions at Stone River in Royse City, Texas offers three event spaces for a remarkable wedding. The venue is easy to access off of I-30 and offers a one-stop-shop wedding package you will never forget.

Wedding Chapel. The traditional wedding chapel has an elegant, winding, white-railing staircase for the bride's entrance, and a small altar to say your vows in the front of the chapel. A unity candle stand and portrait easel for a portrait are provided on site. The chapel can seat 200 guests.

The Courtyard. For an outdoor ceremony, the Courtyard seats 275 guests and overlooks the Stone River Golf Course. Couples say "I do" in the gorgeous, white gazebo, surrounded by perfectly manicured gardens. The location also has a sparkling pond with swans in the backdrop. An accompanying, outdoor reception can also be set up in the courtyard.

The Ballroom. The Ballroom is the contemporary banquet hall with gorgeous crystal chandeliers, French doors, and Chiavari chairs, table and upscale linens for your reception.

Every wedding package comes with event setup, a large dance floor and audiovisual services. A Gobo Screen-a projection of the couple's initials onto the dance floor is available for an additional fee. As an all-inclusive wedding venue, Occasions at Stone River provides the catering, cake and bar services. If couples can't decide on a menu, the executive chef and event planner will work with them to customize a delicious reception.

The bride's and groom's dressing suites are a combination of vintage décor with modern comforts. Mirrors, bright lights, and soft couches allow the couple to kick back and relax while getting ready for their nuptials. An event planner can assist in setting up a complete wedding package with a decorator, photographer and entertainment. This wedding destination offers video services and provides couples with raw video footage of the ceremony and reception that's available to purchase after the wedding day. Outside vendors are welcome at the venue. A minimum of 50 guests is required to book a wedding at Occasions at Stone River.

From chocolate dipped goodness to doves, Occasions at Stone River provides everything a couple needs for their wedding day to be extra special.

• Chocolate fountain
  • Champagne toast
  • Candy table
  • Milk and cookie fountain
  • Punch fountain
  • Multi-colored popcorn bar
  • Photo booth
  • Margarita machine with 15 gallons of mix, client supplies the tequila
  • Dove release-wedding minister ceremony package

The Premier Dallas Wedding Venue!

Occasions at Stone River Wedding and Reception Venue in Royse City is just 25 minutes from Dallas. Whether you prefer vintage, rustic or traditionally elegant, we can customize your wedding just for you! Best of all, Occasions is affordable!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Bow2010

1250 FM 2453, Royse City, TX (214) 674-0818

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Linda E

We're on our way to our honeymoon, but I had I take the time to take the time to thank Angela, Micah, Chef Zachary, Peter, April and everyone else at that help make our wedding day absolutely beautiful!!! Planning a wedding is stressful, but Angela & April made the process very... Read More simple and easy for Terry and I. I had no idea what I wanted to do with several aspects, but Angela guided me through & came up some awesome suggestion. She had the wedding party in order and coordinated the perfect ceremony. The venue was absolutely beautiful! The decorations were amazing, we received a lot of compliments! Micah did an excellent job officiating and performing a breathtaking ceremony as well as doubling up as our DJ. He really worked the crowd & made the reception run smoothly! Our favorite part was the newly wed game. To Chef Zach, the food was absolutely delicious and we have a box of cookies for our honeymoon! Thank you Peter and the camera crew for capturing all the important moments on our special day! We loved the way you guys played them back during the reception! We will be purchasing the video. You all did an amazing job! When we renew our vows a decade from now we will definitely come back to Occasions @ Stone River! Thank you so much, Linda & Terry Ely

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Corey C

We cannot say enough good things about this place! They made the planning process easy and fun! Angela was so sweet and helpful, while Peter (DJ) and Johnny (officiant) were both super kind and made us feel relaxed and confident about the flow of our wedding. The 60 day meeting... Read More took a lot of the guess work out of planning and all the options provided to us were beautiful! Our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect and we highly recommend this place!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Audrey B

Occasions was incredible! I was extremely impressed with how beautiful everything was and especially how smoothly the entire wedding went thanks to Angela and our dj Peter! We got endless compliments on how everything was just so perfect and it's all thanks to Angela and Peter!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jenna H

Our wedding was perfect! The decorations and staff are GREAT! Thank you to Angela she was so helpful through the planning process. The food was wonderful! I would recommend Occasions to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Randy J

Thank you Occasions for making our daughters wedding the wedding of her dreams!! I got to set back and just enjoy every minute of the day! I will recommend you to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jenn H

Thanks to all the wonderful employees of Occasions at Stone for making our wedding day the best day ever. It was up to me do the planning due to my wife working out of state. With Occasions help I pulled it off without hitch. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Terrie G

Everything was PERFECT!!! Just as I have always dreamed it would be. The staff was wonderful, from the day we toured they made us feel like family. Thank you Occasions at Stone River!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Candace O

I don't think i cant express enough in words just how happy i am that i choose Occasions for the venue of my wedding this past weekend. I had a long engagement and they worked with me for over a year for my special day. Everything was perfect. Angela set up everything the way i... Read More had asked, they were very quick to respond to emails, and made sure they laid everything out so i knew what to expect. You can pick and choose which options you would like to have to suit your budget. We choose an outdoor ceremony with reception inside. All of our family and friends said the food was great, we had the Italian buffet. The margaritas were the best i have every had. Seriously! I highly recommend Occasions the staff is super sweet and helpful and they all went above and beyond to make my day just as i wished.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Sonya G

Everything was perfect. Everyone was awesome

Reviewed on 4/19/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Occasions at stone river! Angela walked me through every little detail, and my night was amazing! Peter and Micah did an awesome job with the music and keep my guest entertained during cocktail hour. The staff was so friendly and helpful ,... Read More the night was perfect and loved every minute of it! I cannot forget the FOOD! I received so many complements on the food! from the cake to the food to the Decor! absolutely everything i could have asked for! Thank you so much to everyone at occasions for making me and my husbands night one to remember!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Paige L

My new husband found this place and I couldn't have been happier! We had a wonderful wedding at Occasions! From the get go it was obvious that the staff emphasized making the whole planning process as accommodating and stress free as possible. They have all the connections... Read More for vendors you may need, or are helpful if you want to bring in your own. Angela and April were so timely in responding to all of my questions leading up to our big day and worked to make the day perfect for all of our guests. The food was an absolute hit and the serving staff made sure everything went smoothly. In addition, Peter the DJ was awesome and made the reception a blast. We felt as though the planning was easy and the day was a reflection of us, exactly how we wanted it. Thank you so much, Occasions at Stone River!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Stephanie C

We had originally chosen a different venue but when I saw occasions at Stone River I changed my mind I lost out on another deposit but I was completely happy with my decision occasions at Stone River did absolutely everything to make sure my wedding was perfect. I received so... Read More many compliments on the food the staff everything was absolutely amazing my decorations were amazing everything was 100% perfect no worries whatsoever. This venue is affordable and within our price range April and her husband really worked with us as far as payment goes and Angela was very helpful with me when helping me to find the decorations and everything that I wanted and answering all my questions. They made this experience super easy for me as I was planning the wedding alone just me and my husband. No complaints everything was perfect!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Sarah B

Occasions at Stone River is the perfect place to have your wedding and reception. They are so welcoming, patient and accommodating through every step of the process. They truly are PROS. When life throws you curve-balls (and believe me, there will be curve-balls during the... Read More wedding planning process), Occasions is flexible and incredibly helpful!I cannot recommend them more highly! The venue is STUNNING, the staff is amazing, and the food is delicious! Our family and friends had a fantastic time, and you will too!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Adele E

My wedding was absolutely perfect! I owe it all to this venue and the amazing occasions team. Angela was the perfect wedding coordinator, really easy to get ahold of and always on top of everything. The food was to die for. Friends and family are still talking about how good the... Read More food was. I also can't say enough about our DJ, Peter did an fantastic job of getting everyone out on the dance floor and making the reception flow smoothly. Before we got married here I would read all the reviews that were written and I couldn't wait to get married and see how it would be for me. Now that we had our wedding I can see why everyone gives Occasions the ratings it deserves. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Molly D

We absolutely loved the location for our wedding and reception. It was so picturesque overlooking the golf course. All of the decorations you offer made my choices easy and the venue was remarkable. Beyond the beauty of the magnificent venue, I cannot express how much we... Read More appreciated the competence and efficiency of the entire staff. Many of our guests told me how nice and accommodating all of the staff were to them. Everyone was so professional and made both our wedding and reception go perfectly. The entire night was more than amazing. Thank you does not seem like enough to say for the most perfect night of my life. I’m so thankful we chose Occasions for our venue.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Molly D

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Emily S

I had my wedding here on August 15. The venue itself is gorgeous - The decor is perfect and the staff are excellent. The chapel has a wonderful winding staircase which was really nice. The bridal suite has two really large rooms and a sitting area in addition to the dressing... Read More rooms. There was plenty of room for everyone to get dressed. The reception was stunning. More than enough room for our guests and a huge dance floor. Also, I could never say enough about the attentive and NICE staff. The wedding event coordinator was Angela Johnson - and she made the entire process easy and pleasant. If anyone is looking for a wedding venue, Occasions is the very best.

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Emily S

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Monica B

Just want to say thank you to Occasions staff. My wedding could not have been more perfect. Thank all of you so much.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Monica B

Way Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

I could not believe how hard everyone worked to make my wedding more than I ever thought possible. Just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for everything. Occasions is more than wonderful.

The Best Ever - More Than I Ever Thought Possible

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

My wedding was everything I ever thought possible. Just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all ya'll did for me. You went way above and beyond in making my wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

Where to start. We had our wedding at Occasions at Stone River. From the very first time we saw it at the tour, we fell in love at first sight and this is where our search for a venue ended! The grounds are LUSH and green with beautiful flowers EVERYWHERE. All of the... Read More centerpieces were furnished for us – so many choices! Our colors were plum and champagne, of course, they had those exact colors for the table linens. They had many, many colors to choose from. We had so much fun picking out everything. Angela was so wonderful to work with. The chapel was so beautiful and the bride and groom suites are AWESOME. So much space – two huge rooms and mirrors everywhere. Angela gave us the nicest gift. She is so sweet. The stage in the chapel was decorated perfectly. There were so many compliments on and on and on! I just could not believe my eyes when I walked into the reception area. WOW it was more than beautiful… Seeing all the decorations and my colors everywhere was so perfect. People are still talking about the food. We had some special dietary requirements and of course Chef Zach was very accommodating. I can’t say enough about the food. OHMYGOSH!!! It was amazing! My wedding night was the best night of my life and Occasions at Stone River made it all happen for me. Angela is perfect for the job she has. I couldn’t have had anyone better. She took care of all of the details even before I thought to ask about it. It was already done for me. Oh, and one more thing about the DJ – Peter. He was a blast so much fun. Overall I could not believe everything was so perfect. My family and friends are still talking about my wedding and we are a month out. Everyone was so professional and everything went off just like clockwork. So organized and perfect. I can’t thank ya’ll enough.

DJ Peter was Excellent!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Kayla K

The house DJ at Occasions at Stone River was Peter Silander. He was so great!!! He helped the entire reception flow smoothly and kept our guests entertained. He even got out on the dance floor and taught everyone some line dances. He was so nice and truly wanted to provide the... Read More best experience for me and my husband and our guests. Highly recommend him!

Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Kayla K

My wedding day was the best day of my life. I absolutely can't imagine it have going any better!!! Occasions at Stone River is a huge part of why the day was so perfect. We had a Saturday morning wedding. I was nervous about having enough time to get ready at the venue, so... Read More Angela let me get there as early as I wanted to - 7 am!! Angela is the staff wedding coordinator/planner. She took care of everything for us - we hardly had to plan, except to choose what centerpieces we wanted. It made planning from another state much less of a headache. We didn't have to set up or clean up, which was great for us. The venue itself is beautiful. The staff were always nice and quick to make any necessary changes. The DJ, Peter, provided by the venue, was wonderful. We had so many compliments on how smoothly the reception went, and it's all thanks to him. We had a 2 hour phone call with him prior to the wedding and he went over every detail we could imagine. The people over at Occasions truly go above and beyond to make sure each wedding is special and perfect. If we had to do it all over again, we would choose this venue in a heartbeat. Thanks so much to everyone there, especially Angela, Peter, and Johnny!