Old Bison Ranch

Banquet/Reception Hall, Barn/Farm, Botanic Garden/Park

1924 Lumkins Road, Forreston, TX

Great Venue for a Country Wedding

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Julie T

The venue is beautiful! It's a perfect location for a country wedding. It rained on my wedding day and their Plan B had everything turn out amazing. My motto the day of was "it is what it is..." Everyone more than enjoyed themselves and it turned out better than I expected. There's an onsite cabin that you can rent out and stay the night in before and after. We didn't and I wished we had considered it for the night before. The staff, from what I heard after the fact, wasn't terribly helpful in sweeping and setting up the chairs. When I drove up, I saw a mess of people running around but didn't pay too much attention to it. Maybe because they were short staffed that day...? Who knows. But Jodi Gentry is the event coordinator and she's a sweetheart. She'll typically always call you back within a day or two. She also texts, too.

SIL's wedding

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Jessica Q

My sister in law had her wedding here. It was perfect and summer-y, exactly what she wanted.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 4/02/2014 Keeley M

Our wedding was perfect! This place is beautiful and my guest absolutely LOVED it!

Perfect setting for outdoor charm

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Deidre P

What I loved about this place was the ceremony site under the oak tree for one, the price, the outdoor environment, the rustic charm and Jodi. If you use Old Bison you will work with Jodi to set up dates and things..She is super sweet and always calls you back if she misses your call. I was very concerned about the location and my guests getting lost but we put up a few signs to help them along the way and everything worked out fine. Old Bison supplies "wedding" signs as well, I noticed them when we were putting ours up. I was unaware that they normally do that. This venue is perfect for 40 guests or 200...it can accommodate a ton of people. There are so many aspects to the venue that decorating can seem overwhelming but the venue speaks and "decorates" for itself. There really is no need to add much else to it. I loved it and am SO happy we chose Old Bison. They do not supply a day of coordinator, so that was an issue for me, I wanted a calm care free day, so I had to hire one from elsewhere. How I would describe it is you pay for the venue and they basically give you the keys and you do with it what you want...I also had to hire clean up crew because that too was not provided.I would 100% recommend this place if you want to be very involved in your wedding. It is not for someone who wants an all inclusive. Just a side note about the atmosphere..a cow mooed during our ceremony...it was awesome!

Wonderful and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Hilari M

Bev was great to work with. Being able to get free flowers and plants from the greenery in addition to the already beautiful landscape of the ranch was amazing. If an outdoor wedding with trees is what you want go to old bison!

beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Lindsey W

Loved the old bison ranch! They were so helpful and cooperative. They let us borrow anything we wanted from the greenery to use for the ceremony and reception. The venue is absolutely beautiful!

Best Place ever to marry !!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2011 Kate M

Bev is great ! She answers your every question and allows you to use the venue for photos or meetings with vendors (pending there is no event that day).She works with you on budget and a payment plan. Their beautiful venue is perfect on its own. But they also own The Greenery and you are allowed to use their plants/iron works to decorate for your wedding as long as they are returned. Also best part is there is staff there during the wedding/reception to maintain the property but no one is hovering over you watching your every move.

Awesome Venue!!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2010 Candi H

This is a wonderful location! Very Rustic and authentic! The people are great and help with anything you need. There is three different locations to have the ceremony all at one main location. They also have a cabin there for the Bridal party to get ready in, that you can rent for Wedding night, which we did! I cannot say enough good about this place and people! Totally worth the money! I would use them again in a heartbeat!!! Candi Houdek (married Aug 14, 2010)

TO Old Bison Ranch