Old Glory Ranch

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Old Glory Ranch in the Texas Hill Country near Austin, Texas, is a scenic site for a wedding, bursting with country charm and simple elegance. From its wooden buildings and its picnic tables to its stately trees and ancient river, you can make your rustic wedding at Old Glory Ranch as glamorous or as laid-back as you prefer. You can choose from four different locales on the premises for your wedding reception, with the assistance of a dedicated event planning staff.

Chapel Hall. This charming, wooden building is Old Glory Ranch’s full-service wedding venue. From the bell tower to the teak and iron chairs, its timeless, rustic ambience is ideal for a ceremony and reception, or for a ceremony and cocktail hour. It seats up to 180 guests for an indoor reception and up to 340 for an indoor ceremony, along with a patio reception.

Wedding Deck. For a romantic patio reception beside the river, couples may choose the Wedding Deck at Old Glory Ranch. It is a beautiful, natural setting that can accommodate up to 340 guests with patio seating.

Stone Landing. This secluded spot near the river and among the trees will make for a majestic outdoor wedding. Seating options include garden chairs, folding chairs or benches. Stone Landing can accommodate up to 75 guests.

Gatehouse Pavilion. For a fun, family wedding with a more casual atmosphere, Gatehouse Pavilion is a covered, open-air structure with benches for the ceremony and picnic tables for the reception. It is an excellent place for weddings where there are a lot of children in attendance. It can accommodate up to 100 guests.

Couples typically rent the Old Glory Ranch for five hours for a ceremony and reception, or four hours for just a reception. Longer site rentals are available.

A wedding coordinator and an event manager will be there to help on the day of the wedding. The wedding planning services also include three meetings with the wedding coordinator and unlimited phone calls and emails. One of these meetings is a design meeting, typically two to four months before the wedding day.

Garden chairs are included in the price, but couples can upgrade to wooden folding chairs. Old Glory Ranch does not provide catering, but couples may arrange for it during the planning meeting.

Couples who marry at Old Glory Ranch love the charming, country setting and the helpful event planning staff. They also love the versatility, because Old Glory Ranch is suitable for do-it-yourself weddings and for elegant evenings with a horse-drawn carriage, along with everything in between.

Weddings at Old Glory Ranch come with many perks and include:

• A photography session
  • Tables and chairs
  • On-site security
  • Golf cart transportation from the parking area to the wedding site
  • Cake cutting

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Church, Tented

Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

3633 River Rd, Wimberley, TX (512) 847-3646

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Lauren N

We are still hearing about how amazing our wedding was and how awesome the staff was. It was truly a blessing working with Old Glory. They made my dreams come true... I never felt like they were planning any other weddings at the same time as mine. The focus and attention was on... Read More my wedding. I planned my wedding "by myself" but old glory held my hand the whole way and answered every phone call and email with great detail. I could go on and on about how wonderful this venue is and the staff that works there.

2016-06-24T14:22:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your special day at Old Glory Ranch. You were an absolute pleasure to work with and we appreciated your attention to detail. Please keep in touch!

Beautiful Site with Prime Coordination

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Jenna R

5 stars for this venue, wish I could give more! If you want a beautiful setting with an incredibly attentive staff that takes care of every little detail, Old Glory Ranch is the place to do it. Upon selecting the venue, Gina & crew guided us through the entire process, planning... Read More meetings along the way to help create our vision for the wedding. Gina was always available to answer our calls and e-mails and helped whenever we had questions. Although the planning element may not seem like a big deal when picking a venue, I must say this was the service that we valued the most--having the ability to have fun at the wedding since you're not having to make decisions up to the last minute. Kudos to their whole team. And to top it off, the site was absolutely gorgeous (guaranteed, you cannot get better pictures anywhere else..!).

2015-08-03T13:56:02 Response from the vendor

What a sweet review! Thank you for allowing us to create your dream wedding! We wish you the very best and hope you will keep in touch!

Texas Hill Country Wedding

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Leslie G

My husband and I got married in June 2013. Old Glory Ranch helped us to create the rustic and romantic feel to our wedding that we desired. From the beautiful antique wood and stained glass windows of the chapel to the lighted trees outside, every detail of this venue has been... Read More thought out to create an elegant atmosphere. The staff was readily available to answer any and all questions we had while planning our Big Day. Old Glory Ranch provides both the decor and flowers so that is one less vendor to have to research and find. The flowers were more beautiful than I could have imagined with a blend of soft unique florals with touches of succulents and dusty miller. The wrought iron vases, mason jars, antique ice cream buckets, and vintage bottles with touches of sheer burlap and lace created the timeless setting that we wanted. I highly recommend Old Glory Ranch to anyone desiring a Texas Hill Country wedding. The staff will help to create the wedding you have always dreamed of. I loved every minute and detail of our wedding in Wimberley!

2013-08-20T16:43:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We love working with clients who have distinct visions and creating exactly what they were hoping for. So glad to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 margie r

Old Glory Ranch is a stunning Hill Country venue! If you have a vision they can make it happen. We were married on October 8, 2016. The wedding planning process is a bit overwhelming but with Karen leading the way you get a feeling of comfort and competence. We could not... Read More have done it without her. Thank you Karen! Our wedding day was perfect and the staff was there every step of the way pampering and guiding us. The floral decor was beautiful and the vendors they recommended were solid performers from the music to the catering to the photographer and the cake... it was all so well done. Close to the end of the reception we were having so much fun we extended the reception for another hour. We just did not want the day to end. One of my cousins from New York said it the best. "This is not just a wedding, this is an experience!"

2016-10-31T13:42:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write and let us know how happy you were with our venue, services, and staff. We noticed how much your guests were enjoying the reception! All the best to you and your new husband from all of us!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Megan P

The staff at old glory was fantastic from the beginning. We had several pre wedding meetings prior to our wedding where we were able to relay our wishes which were accommodated. The day of our wedding had questionable weather with our set up including outside tables. The staff... Read More kept us up to date with alternative plans which was an easy fix with turning over the hall while appetizers were served under the patio. The hall and outside patio were decorated very nicely matching what we had discussed in our pre wedding meetings. Karen and the other staff were attentive to the timeline we discussed as well as to our guests throughout the event. Overall our wedding went right along with our hopes and wishes and we had no issues throughout the event. We will have lasting memories of our wedding at old glory.

2016-10-31T13:49:06 Response from the vendor

We are fortunate to have such a perfect back-up plan in case of inclement weather and so happy that your wedding day was all you hoped it would be. We enjoyed working with you. Please keep in touch!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Taylor C

We got married at Old Glory Ranch October 15, 2016 and couldn't have picked a better venue! Our guest are still contacting us about how great everything was. The staff and grounds sets this venue apart! When you turn around to look for someone for a simple questions, they are... Read More right there. From meetings, emails and phone calls the staff at Old Glory Ranch is the best in the business. The floral/ decoration teams made all our ideas a reality. I would recommend Old Glory Ranch to anyone looking to get married in the Hill Country.

2016-10-31T13:55:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased that you loved the natural beauty of Old Glory Ranch and that you would recommend our services. Please keep in contact. We would love to see you at one of our alum events!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Janna N

My wife and I could not have been happier with Old Glory Ranch and their staff. We are natural planners and were met with professional staff who shared great ideas with us in the planning phase and were extremely flexible and understanding of our needs for our wedding day. They... Read More do a great job of managing all the "ins and outs" of wedding planning and the wedding day. My wife and I would meet and update with vendor selections and ideas, and Old Glory Ranch would take care of the rest! The tasks of decorating, making deliveries and stressful jobs on the day of the wedding that typically are assigned to family members are taken care of in your site fee to OGR. They simply let you and your family enjoy the day and they manage the day seamlessly to your discretion. The design and floral teams are spectacular in their custom design packages, flower and floral arrangements and they were so friendly and flexible in choosing how we wanted our day to look. We were able to explain our budget needs and concerns and OGR bent over backwards to make it work. The venue itself is a beautiful place that guests will love, there are many little touches that you can add to make it special for your wedding day. I would highly reccomend this venue to anyone.

2016-10-24T09:49:46 Response from the vendor

How nice! We loved working with you two and feel you are part of the OGR family. Hopefully you will be able to make it back to the ranch soon. Wishing you all the best as you begin your lives together!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Andi S

I think the best review I can post is to directly copy the thank you note that I sent to Susan, Gina, and Karen after our ceremony: We have finally settled into married life, so I wanted to take a minute to let you know how thankful we are that we chose Old Glory as our venue.... Read More Our wedding day was truly the best day of my life, and my husband feels the same way. You guys knocked it out of the park. Everyone told us to be ready because inevitably something major always goes wrong on your wedding day. Well, if it did, we don't know about it and I know that is only because we left all of the details into your very capable hands! I loved that after we dropped everything off on Thursday I never had to worry about another thing...all I had to do was show up and yet everything was PERFECT. The decor and ambiance, the flow of every event that weekend, and especially the processional timing, ceremony, and reception...all flawless. Our guests have repeatedly told me that our wedding was not only the most beautiful ("Every detail deserves it's own Pinterest board!") but also the most fun wedding that they have ever attended. Normally I would say that is just something people tell every bride. But now I've seen the pictures. And the videos. And let me tell you...they are right. I still can't get over how beautiful the floral & decor turned out. You guys managed to completely capture my vision and yet expand upon it so that the result was even better than what I had in mind. And it wasn't just beautiful in person; all of the floral and decor looks even better in the photographs, if that is even possible! About a third of our guests changed their Facebook profile pictures to one from that evening. Bluebonnets, beer donkeys, and flower-covered wagons filled up our FB newsfeeds for days! :D Simply put, it was stunning. If we could go back in time and do it all over again neither one of us would change a single thing. To sum up, you guys are the masters of all things wedding and all others in the industry should bow down to you. :D From the bottom of our hearts, thank you

2016-10-31T10:03:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are happy to know that we exceeded your expectations and you were able to relax and enjoy your most special day! You are now members of our treasured OGR family and we hope you will keep... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Devanie G

My husband, Carl and I, got married this past April at the breathtaking, Old Glory Ranch! We couldn't have been more pleased with how much attention to detail the staff, owner, and wedding coordinator put into making our BIG day beyond perfect! From the moment we took our first... Read More tour and met with Old Glory staff, we knew that we had found our dream venue and were so excited to begin the planning! The drive up the pathway, leading to the most unique rustic Chapel Hall speaks for itself and an added plus are what the Hill Country is known for, the Bluebonnets and Wildflowers! We knew that we wanted lots of floral accents to go with our theme as our bridesmaids dresses were floral with an array of color. The Old Glory Floral team did a spectacular job with each and every arrangement they put together, from my beautiful bouquet to the centerpieces and in between. Old Glory not only assisted with helping us plan the look and feel of our wedding day, but they also provided amazing lists of all the best connections in the area from Food to Music to Cake designers and Photography! Overall, we wanted our friends and family to have a wedding weekend that they couldn't forget, at a place that they would continue talking about for years and years to come and we know for a fact that we got that with Old Glory Ranch! We can't thank you all enough for all that you did!

2016-10-05T11:34:10 Response from the vendor

We very much appreciate your kind words and we could not be more pleased that everything came together just as you had dreamed of. Please keep in contact with us as you are now members of the Old Glory family!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

There was not a single thing out of place or worrisome at this venue for my wife and I's wedding day. The staff here treat your wedding day as the most important day of the year. They are so friendly, fair and respectful to you and will accommodate any need or concern that you... Read More have.

2016-09-21T17:29:08 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure to have helped to make your wedding day a very special one. You were a joy to work with and we hope that you will keep in touch with us as you begin your lives together!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Heather F

My entire experience with Old Glory Ranch and the incredible, personable and caring staff made my perfect day so enjoyable. The decorations and the flowers left me breathless. In all of my life, I could have never imagined such a perfect venue/day. We literally got to enjoy... Read More every moment of it and it was so perfect! My husband and I are so appreciative for the job that was done to make the venue so beautiful, making our wedding day absolutely perfect. We will remember this day for the rest of our lives and have made lasting friendships with the incredible staff members. My wedding was truly perfect, the venue was gorgeous and I would not change a thing. I will definitely be visiting this beautiful ranch often.

2016-08-05T09:59:11 Response from the vendor

Heather, Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your wedding day. We are pleased to know that we helped to make it such a perfect and memorable time. Please do visit us. You and your husband... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Lauren L

The venue and staff are truly one of a kind! My husband and I were looking for an outdoor venue in the hill country for our April wedding that had a good "plan B" option in case of rain. I was set on having it outdoors until we walked into Old Glory's chapel for the first time.... Read More Pictures truly don't do it justice. The chapel (and adjacent stone patio) were like nothing we had ever seen. It's charming, unique, vintage, and -to boot- has a very neat history behind the building of it. The icing on top of a great venue is the staff. We worked primarily with April, Karen, and Suzanne. They were all tentative, helpful, personable, and professional. Especially the weekend of our wedding, knowing they were on top of everything allowed my husband, myself, and our families to relax and enjoy such a special time. A big thanks to OGR staff for giving us the best wedding we could have asked for!

2016-10-05T11:40:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to help make your hopes and dreams come true on your wedding day. Our goal to make you feel completely relaxed so that you can enjoy the most wonderful day of your life and we are happy to know that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Bluebonnets and beautiful weather were just the icing of the most perfect evening for our son's rehearsal dinner. Old Glory's staff and the location were beyond what we had envisioned. Suzanne, Karen, and the rest of the crew executed an outstanding party beneath the old oak... Read More trees. We were able to sit back and soak it all in!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

I knew this was the venue for me the moment we pulled up to the Chapel!! The staff was there for us every step of the way and their attention to detail was impeccable. They recommended some great businesses for the cake, catering, photographer, and all the extras you could want... Read More for your special day! I spoke with them about the idea I had for my bouquet, and trusted them to just make it......and they couldn't have made a more beautiful bouquet for me!! The town of Wimberley is the cutest little quaint town and our friends and family enjoyed all the sight seeing and gorgeous views! We heard nothing but good things from our guests and they said it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding :)

2016-06-29T14:59:15 Response from the vendor

We love to hear that your guests had great fun at your wedding and that we succeeded in making you feel special and well taken care of. It was our pleasure! We wish you and your husband all the best in your future together.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Jordan B

We used Old Glory Ranch for our rehearsal dinner venue. My mother in law handled all the details so I did not have direct communication with Old Glory Ranch. Our rehearsal dinner was such a success. Everyone had a great time! The setting was beautiful with the trees lit with... Read More lanterns. They even provided the flower arrangements which were gorgeous!

2016-06-29T14:51:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad that your family and friends enjoyed your rehearsal dinner and the beauty of our surroundings. All the best to you and your husband!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Rachel M

You are guaranteed to work with pros when you choose Old Glory Ranch. They've done this countless times and make you feel very comfortable and confident that your special day is going to be really special. Compared to other venues, I would consider this a one stop shop. You're... Read More not having to figure out who will be picking up chairs at the end of the ceremony or how to make sure everyone gets a slice of cake. But like the saying goes "you get what you pay for." We were surprised by the high costs of using this venue (from flowers that were $2K over budget to $550 to use non-lawn chairs for the ceremony) and sometimes felt that the staff wasn't 100% clear about what costs would end up being. We understand that wedding planning is a fluid process and so, perhaps, should have been a little more prepared for the high costs, but there was certainly more than one instance where the cost came in higher than expected. However, at the end of the day, our wedding went off without a hitch. I didn't worry about anything all evening and I've since discovered that there was a ton that was done behind the scenes to keep the evening flowing. My husband and I left the wedding thinking, "Did that really just happen? Did that really go as perfectly as we felt it went?" And after having spoken with our guests, it really did! We're so happy with how it went and are very glad we went with Old Glory.

2015-10-29T11:47:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased that you were happy with our service and that your event went so well. What a beautiful setting under the Oak Grove with blue skies and a glorious sunset! An evening to remember for sure.... Read Less Read More

Beautiful, romantic, everything I could have asked for

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Stephanie H

Trying to find a venue was absolutely the most stressful part of planning our wedding. Once I set foot inside Old Glory Ranch, I knew the search was over. It's incredibly beautiful inside and out. The staff is fantastic (although the owner did not make me feel very comfortable,... Read More but I guess that's not her job). Very helpful and attentive to any questions or concerns I had. The venue also does all of the flowers. They came out wonderfully. They offer a carriage for the bride's entrance, and also for the bride and groom to enter the reception. Initially I was not going to use it. I felt like it was unnecessary. Thank goodness I changed my mind! It made ALL the difference in the world, and every one of the guests complimented us on it, and said how beautiful it was. I'm so grateful we used the carriage. We did have a few hiccups in the few weeks before the wedding, but they gave us some options and everything turned out perfectly. Also, the donkeys were a huge hit!

2016-06-29T14:46:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are happy to know that you felt we were attentive and helpful, and that the beauty of the ranch was all that you had hoped for. Please stay in touch!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

As a bride, at first I was very overwhelmed with the planning process. It gave me great peace of mind knowing that I could completely entrust Old Glory with every detail of the planning, while I was able to focus on my engagement, future marriage, and life in Houston. They are... Read More experienced, perfectionists which is music to any brides ears. No detail was overlooked, and they seamlessly coordinated the evening. When you're spending the money on your wedding, that is something of extreme value. In addition to their professionalism, the venue is absolutely gorgeous! We hardly decorated because we didn't want to take away from the natural beauty of the property. It was a picture oerfect evening. Thank you OGR for giving this "type A" bride peace of mind and the wedding of my dreams!

2015-09-16T17:22:41 Response from the vendor

It makes us very happy that you were able to relax and enjoy your day! Thank you for your kind words and we hope you stay in touch!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Sheiryll S

Our wedding was beyond perfect and we could not believe just how smooth everything went. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they all had. Every single detail from the floral design, the carriage ride, down to the flow of... Read More the ceremony and reception were everything we ever envisioned, if not more. Old Glory Ranch really exceeded our expectations and we are so grateful for all that they've done! We're very happy with the service we received and highly recommend them to anyone wanting a magical and majestic wedding in a gorgeous hill country! I'm not just saying this because it was ours but it really was the best wedding we've ever been to!

2015-09-16T17:23:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your amazing comments! It was our pleasure to provide a perfect scenario for you two! We wish you the best and hope to see you at one of our alum events!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Old Glory Ranch was everything and more than we could ask for to make my daughters fairy tale wedding come true. Nicole & Nick were married on July 11 and the ranch was beautiful in every way. Our guest enjoyed every aspect of the wedding, we received so many compliments and... Read More none of it would have been possible without the OGR team who helped us every step of the way, provided vendor lists and it made the long distance wedding planning much easier than it would have been and I'm so thankful! Suzanne, Gina and the whole team are the best and you won't go wrong planning your wedding with them!

2015-09-16T17:24:28 Response from the vendor

We loved working with you and your families! Thank you for your sweet comments and moreover for choosing Old Glory Ranch for such a special event! Keep in touch, we hope to see you at one of our alum events!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

It was a great venue for my wife & I to get married at. The staff was hard working & impressive & the owner is wonderful. Thank you Old Glory Ranch for such a perfect place to partake in one of the most important days of our lives.

2015-09-16T17:25:14 Response from the vendor

We don't hear from groom's very often which made your comment even more special! Thanks for your sweet comments! We will see you soon!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Jennifer T

I got married in May 2015 at Old Glory Ranch & it was simply perfect! From the owner, to the site manager, to my day of wedding coordinator, to the groundsman-their staff served us SO well & made my wedding the best day ever. I got married on the wedding deck and then had an... Read More outdoor reception-it was all a dream wedding. Their kindness, accommodation, service, & professionalism is superb. My mother and I could not have asked for a better wedding venue that was absolutely worth our investment!

2015-09-16T17:26:10 Response from the vendor

How sweet! We loved working with you two and feel you are part of the OGR family! Hopefully you will be able to make it back to the ranch soon!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Sarah B

Old Glory was an amazing location! I was planning my wedding from Denver, CO and I could not have been happier with the location, people and hospitality! They made planning easy with recommended caterers, musicians, photographers and an in-house florist. Their property is... Read More absolutely stunning, my guests had never seen anything like it! Furthermore, myself and the rest of the bridal party was put at ease with the staff. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a classic, Texas hill country wedding!

2015-09-16T17:26:49 Response from the vendor

What a fabulous day it was! Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Old Glory Ranch for your special occasion!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

It's hard for me to adequately put into words how amazing it was to work with the staff at Old Glory Ranch. My husband Nick and I got married on July 11, 2015 and our wedding went beyond my wildest dreams. From the beginning Nick and I said we wanted a wedding that was centered... Read More around our love and the people we love the most along with an amazing party-and did we get that and more. Suzanne, Gina, our day of coordinator Carey and the rest of the staff worked endlessly to make sure our day went smoothly. Multiple people have commented to us about how calm I was-it was really nice to know I had nothing to worry about. I loved that I got to enjoy every second of our wedding day. Chapel Hall is one of the most beautiful places I've ever laid eyes on and Suzanne and her floral team worked to make it even more beautiful with flowers from our design meeting. The flower arrangements and bouquets were exactly what I had wanted. She listened to what I wanted and created the perfect floral backdrop to our summer wedding. The in house DJ, Chris ROCKED! He also did a great job at listening to what Nick and I wanted and created a playlist that had our whole wedding out on the dance floor all night long. If you're looking for a hill country venue with beautiful grounds and a staff that is top notch look no further than Old Glory Ranch. You can't go wrong with a wedding here-my only regret is we can't do it over and over again! Suzanne, Gina, Carey and OGR Staff, thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me create the wedding of my dreams. It was so easy for my mom and I to work with you and we truly will miss not getting to talk to you on a regular basis. You made a day I dreamed about since I was a little girl come to life and I am forever grateful. Nicole (Woirhaye) McWain

2015-09-16T17:28:17 Response from the vendor

Wow! We're almost blushing! Thank you so much for your beautifully written sentiments. It means the world to us! We're thrilled that you chose OGR for your wedding and hope to see you at one of our alum gatherings! Keep in touch!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015

Stephen and I got married on May 30th during all the Texas flooding. The weather was crazy and not "pleasant" for a wedding. Old glory ranch did not let the crazy weather nor the damage to the back of the property put a damper on our night. They were so accommodating, calm and... Read More organized. They prepared everything and made things easy on the bride/groom, family and wedding party. It's a beautiful venue with country elegance. I would not have traded it for the world. Susanne, Gina, Karen, and Carey were absolutely amazing! Love Old Glory Ranch and the OGR team!!

2015-09-16T17:30:14 Response from the vendor

What a crazy weekend! It was a joy to work with you following such a devastating flood weekend beforehand. We appreciated your kindness and understanding to the situation we faced in the aftermath. So happy that your day was all you had dreamed of! Keep... Read Less Read More