Old Glory Ranch

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Church, Tented

Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

3633 River Rd, Wimberley, TX

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Lauren N

We are still hearing about how amazing our wedding was and how awesome the staff was. It was truly a blessing working with Old Glory. They made my dreams come true... I never felt like they were planning any other weddings at the same time as mine. The focus and attention was on... Read More my wedding. I planned my wedding "by myself" but old glory held my hand the whole way and answered every phone call and email with great detail. I could go on and on about how wonderful this venue is and the staff that works there.

2016-06-24T14:22:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your special day at Old Glory Ranch. You were an absolute pleasure to work with and we appreciated your attention to detail. Please keep in touch!

Beautiful Site with Prime Coordination

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Jenna R

5 stars for this venue, wish I could give more! If you want a beautiful setting with an incredibly attentive staff that takes care of every little detail, Old Glory Ranch is the place to do it. Upon selecting the venue, Gina & crew guided us through the entire process, planning... Read More meetings along the way to help create our vision for the wedding. Gina was always available to answer our calls and e-mails and helped whenever we had questions. Although the planning element may not seem like a big deal when picking a venue, I must say this was the service that we valued the most--having the ability to have fun at the wedding since you're not having to make decisions up to the last minute. Kudos to their whole team. And to top it off, the site was absolutely gorgeous (guaranteed, you cannot get better pictures anywhere else..!).

2015-08-03T13:56:02 Response from the vendor

What a sweet review! Thank you for allowing us to create your dream wedding! We wish you the very best and hope you will keep in touch!

Texas Hill Country Wedding

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Leslie G

My husband and I got married in June 2013. Old Glory Ranch helped us to create the rustic and romantic feel to our wedding that we desired. From the beautiful antique wood and stained glass windows of the chapel to the lighted trees outside, every detail of this venue has been... Read More thought out to create an elegant atmosphere. The staff was readily available to answer any and all questions we had while planning our Big Day. Old Glory Ranch provides both the decor and flowers so that is one less vendor to have to research and find. The flowers were more beautiful than I could have imagined with a blend of soft unique florals with touches of succulents and dusty miller. The wrought iron vases, mason jars, antique ice cream buckets, and vintage bottles with touches of sheer burlap and lace created the timeless setting that we wanted. I highly recommend Old Glory Ranch to anyone desiring a Texas Hill Country wedding. The staff will help to create the wedding you have always dreamed of. I loved every minute and detail of our wedding in Wimberley!

2013-08-20T16:43:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We love working with clients who have distinct visions and creating exactly what they were hoping for. So glad to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

There was not a single thing out of place or worrisome at this venue for my wife and I's wedding day. The staff here treat your wedding day as the most important day of the year. They are so friendly, fair and respectful to you and will accommodate any need or concern that you... Read More have.

2016-09-21T17:29:08 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure to have helped to make your wedding day a very special one. You were a joy to work with and we hope that you will keep in touch with us as you begin your lives together!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Heather F

My entire experience with Old Glory Ranch and the incredible, personable and caring staff made my perfect day so enjoyable. The decorations and the flowers left me breathless. In all of my life, I could have never imagined such a perfect venue/day. We literally got to enjoy... Read More every moment of it and it was so perfect! My husband and I are so appreciative for the job that was done to make the venue so beautiful, making our wedding day absolutely perfect. We will remember this day for the rest of our lives and have made lasting friendships with the incredible staff members. My wedding was truly perfect, the venue was gorgeous and I would not change a thing. I will definitely be visiting this beautiful ranch often.

2016-08-05T09:59:11 Response from the vendor

Heather, Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your wedding day. We are pleased to know that we helped to make it such a perfect and memorable time. Please do visit us. You and your husband... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Lauren L

The venue and staff are truly one of a kind! My husband and I were looking for an outdoor venue in the hill country for our April wedding that had a good "plan B" option in case of rain. I was set on having it outdoors until we walked into Old Glory's chapel for the first time.... Read More Pictures truly don't do it justice. The chapel (and adjacent stone patio) were like nothing we had ever seen. It's charming, unique, vintage, and -to boot- has a very neat history behind the building of it. The icing on top of a great venue is the staff. We worked primarily with April, Karen, and Suzanne. They were all tentative, helpful, personable, and professional. Especially the weekend of our wedding, knowing they were on top of everything allowed my husband, myself, and our families to relax and enjoy such a special time. A big thanks to OGR staff for giving us the best wedding we could have asked for!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Bluebonnets and beautiful weather were just the icing of the most perfect evening for our son's rehearsal dinner. Old Glory's staff and the location were beyond what we had envisioned. Suzanne, Karen, and the rest of the crew executed an outstanding party beneath the old oak... Read More trees. We were able to sit back and soak it all in!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

I knew this was the venue for me the moment we pulled up to the Chapel!! The staff was there for us every step of the way and their attention to detail was impeccable. They recommended some great businesses for the cake, catering, photographer, and all the extras you could want... Read More for your special day! I spoke with them about the idea I had for my bouquet, and trusted them to just make it......and they couldn't have made a more beautiful bouquet for me!! The town of Wimberley is the cutest little quaint town and our friends and family enjoyed all the sight seeing and gorgeous views! We heard nothing but good things from our guests and they said it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding :)

2016-06-29T14:59:15 Response from the vendor

We love to hear that your guests had great fun at your wedding and that we succeeded in making you feel special and well taken care of. It was our pleasure! We wish you and your husband all the best in your future together.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Jordan B

We used Old Glory Ranch for our rehearsal dinner venue. My mother in law handled all the details so I did not have direct communication with Old Glory Ranch. Our rehearsal dinner was such a success. Everyone had a great time! The setting was beautiful with the trees lit with... Read More lanterns. They even provided the flower arrangements which were gorgeous!

2016-06-29T14:51:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad that your family and friends enjoyed your rehearsal dinner and the beauty of our surroundings. All the best to you and your husband!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Rachel M

You are guaranteed to work with pros when you choose Old Glory Ranch. They've done this countless times and make you feel very comfortable and confident that your special day is going to be really special. Compared to other venues, I would consider this a one stop shop. You're... Read More not having to figure out who will be picking up chairs at the end of the ceremony or how to make sure everyone gets a slice of cake. But like the saying goes "you get what you pay for." We were surprised by the high costs of using this venue (from flowers that were $2K over budget to $550 to use non-lawn chairs for the ceremony) and sometimes felt that the staff wasn't 100% clear about what costs would end up being. We understand that wedding planning is a fluid process and so, perhaps, should have been a little more prepared for the high costs, but there was certainly more than one instance where the cost came in higher than expected. However, at the end of the day, our wedding went off without a hitch. I didn't worry about anything all evening and I've since discovered that there was a ton that was done behind the scenes to keep the evening flowing. My husband and I left the wedding thinking, "Did that really just happen? Did that really go as perfectly as we felt it went?" And after having spoken with our guests, it really did! We're so happy with how it went and are very glad we went with Old Glory.

2015-10-29T11:47:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased that you were happy with our service and that your event went so well. What a beautiful setting under the Oak Grove with blue skies and a glorious sunset! An evening to remember for sure.... Read Less Read More

Beautiful, romantic, everything I could have asked for

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Stephanie H

Trying to find a venue was absolutely the most stressful part of planning our wedding. Once I set foot inside Old Glory Ranch, I knew the search was over. It's incredibly beautiful inside and out. The staff is fantastic (although the owner did not make me feel very comfortable,... Read More but I guess that's not her job). Very helpful and attentive to any questions or concerns I had. The venue also does all of the flowers. They came out wonderfully. They offer a carriage for the bride's entrance, and also for the bride and groom to enter the reception. Initially I was not going to use it. I felt like it was unnecessary. Thank goodness I changed my mind! It made ALL the difference in the world, and every one of the guests complimented us on it, and said how beautiful it was. I'm so grateful we used the carriage. We did have a few hiccups in the few weeks before the wedding, but they gave us some options and everything turned out perfectly. Also, the donkeys were a huge hit!

2016-06-29T14:46:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are happy to know that you felt we were attentive and helpful, and that the beauty of the ranch was all that you had hoped for. Please stay in touch!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

As a bride, at first I was very overwhelmed with the planning process. It gave me great peace of mind knowing that I could completely entrust Old Glory with every detail of the planning, while I was able to focus on my engagement, future marriage, and life in Houston. They are... Read More experienced, perfectionists which is music to any brides ears. No detail was overlooked, and they seamlessly coordinated the evening. When you're spending the money on your wedding, that is something of extreme value. In addition to their professionalism, the venue is absolutely gorgeous! We hardly decorated because we didn't want to take away from the natural beauty of the property. It was a picture oerfect evening. Thank you OGR for giving this "type A" bride peace of mind and the wedding of my dreams!

2015-09-16T17:22:41 Response from the vendor

It makes us very happy that you were able to relax and enjoy your day! Thank you for your kind words and we hope you stay in touch!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Sheiryll S

Our wedding was beyond perfect and we could not believe just how smooth everything went. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they all had. Every single detail from the floral design, the carriage ride, down to the flow of... Read More the ceremony and reception were everything we ever envisioned, if not more. Old Glory Ranch really exceeded our expectations and we are so grateful for all that they've done! We're very happy with the service we received and highly recommend them to anyone wanting a magical and majestic wedding in a gorgeous hill country! I'm not just saying this because it was ours but it really was the best wedding we've ever been to!

2015-09-16T17:23:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your amazing comments! It was our pleasure to provide a perfect scenario for you two! We wish you the best and hope to see you at one of our alum events!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Old Glory Ranch was everything and more than we could ask for to make my daughters fairy tale wedding come true. Nicole & Nick were married on July 11 and the ranch was beautiful in every way. Our guest enjoyed every aspect of the wedding, we received so many compliments and... Read More none of it would have been possible without the OGR team who helped us every step of the way, provided vendor lists and it made the long distance wedding planning much easier than it would have been and I'm so thankful! Suzanne, Gina and the whole team are the best and you won't go wrong planning your wedding with them!

2015-09-16T17:24:28 Response from the vendor

We loved working with you and your families! Thank you for your sweet comments and moreover for choosing Old Glory Ranch for such a special event! Keep in touch, we hope to see you at one of our alum events!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

It was a great venue for my wife & I to get married at. The staff was hard working & impressive & the owner is wonderful. Thank you Old Glory Ranch for such a perfect place to partake in one of the most important days of our lives.

2015-09-16T17:25:14 Response from the vendor

We don't hear from groom's very often which made your comment even more special! Thanks for your sweet comments! We will see you soon!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Jennifer T

I got married in May 2015 at Old Glory Ranch & it was simply perfect! From the owner, to the site manager, to my day of wedding coordinator, to the groundsman-their staff served us SO well & made my wedding the best day ever. I got married on the wedding deck and then had an... Read More outdoor reception-it was all a dream wedding. Their kindness, accommodation, service, & professionalism is superb. My mother and I could not have asked for a better wedding venue that was absolutely worth our investment!

2015-09-16T17:26:10 Response from the vendor

How sweet! We loved working with you two and feel you are part of the OGR family! Hopefully you will be able to make it back to the ranch soon!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Sarah B

Old Glory was an amazing location! I was planning my wedding from Denver, CO and I could not have been happier with the location, people and hospitality! They made planning easy with recommended caterers, musicians, photographers and an in-house florist. Their property is... Read More absolutely stunning, my guests had never seen anything like it! Furthermore, myself and the rest of the bridal party was put at ease with the staff. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a classic, Texas hill country wedding!

2015-09-16T17:26:49 Response from the vendor

What a fabulous day it was! Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Old Glory Ranch for your special occasion!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

It's hard for me to adequately put into words how amazing it was to work with the staff at Old Glory Ranch. My husband Nick and I got married on July 11, 2015 and our wedding went beyond my wildest dreams. From the beginning Nick and I said we wanted a wedding that was centered... Read More around our love and the people we love the most along with an amazing party-and did we get that and more. Suzanne, Gina, our day of coordinator Carey and the rest of the staff worked endlessly to make sure our day went smoothly. Multiple people have commented to us about how calm I was-it was really nice to know I had nothing to worry about. I loved that I got to enjoy every second of our wedding day. Chapel Hall is one of the most beautiful places I've ever laid eyes on and Suzanne and her floral team worked to make it even more beautiful with flowers from our design meeting. The flower arrangements and bouquets were exactly what I had wanted. She listened to what I wanted and created the perfect floral backdrop to our summer wedding. The in house DJ, Chris ROCKED! He also did a great job at listening to what Nick and I wanted and created a playlist that had our whole wedding out on the dance floor all night long. If you're looking for a hill country venue with beautiful grounds and a staff that is top notch look no further than Old Glory Ranch. You can't go wrong with a wedding here-my only regret is we can't do it over and over again! Suzanne, Gina, Carey and OGR Staff, thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me create the wedding of my dreams. It was so easy for my mom and I to work with you and we truly will miss not getting to talk to you on a regular basis. You made a day I dreamed about since I was a little girl come to life and I am forever grateful. Nicole (Woirhaye) McWain

2015-09-16T17:28:17 Response from the vendor

Wow! We're almost blushing! Thank you so much for your beautifully written sentiments. It means the world to us! We're thrilled that you chose OGR for your wedding and hope to see you at one of our alum gatherings! Keep in touch!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015

Stephen and I got married on May 30th during all the Texas flooding. The weather was crazy and not "pleasant" for a wedding. Old glory ranch did not let the crazy weather nor the damage to the back of the property put a damper on our night. They were so accommodating, calm and... Read More organized. They prepared everything and made things easy on the bride/groom, family and wedding party. It's a beautiful venue with country elegance. I would not have traded it for the world. Susanne, Gina, Karen, and Carey were absolutely amazing! Love Old Glory Ranch and the OGR team!!

2015-09-16T17:30:14 Response from the vendor

What a crazy weekend! It was a joy to work with you following such a devastating flood weekend beforehand. We appreciated your kindness and understanding to the situation we faced in the aftermath. So happy that your day was all you had dreamed of! Keep... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Claire S

Thanks to the staff at Old Glory Ranch, my wedding was more beautiful then I could ever have imagined. They helped me plan down to the smallest detail, ensuring that my day was perfect and that all my guests were well taken care of. The hill country night sky at Old Glory Ranch... Read More is the perfect place to start a life together.

2015-09-16T17:31:51 Response from the vendor

With such a full schedule and planning from long distance, you were amazing! We are so happy to have played a part in your wedding day and hope that the two of you share a long and happy life together. Come back to Texas and... Read Less Read More

True Hill Country Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Becca D

I honestly do not have words to describe what a fairy tale my wedding day was thanks to Old Glory Ranch! I cannot tell you how many people were (and still are!) completely in awe and have told me it was by far the most beautiful and best wedding they have ever been to. I cannot... Read More agree more! Not a single detail was overlooked and my day was completely flawless thanks to the hardworking and dedicated OGR crew! Susanne, Karen, Carey, and the rest of the amazing OGR employees were absolutely fantastic. They are extremely professional and know how to "do" weddings! My floral was GORGEOUS. The Chapel Hall was decorated exactly how I had envisioned and the reception was no exception. Nobody in my family had to lift a single finger the entire day and showed up in time to take pictures and get married. Randi and Brandi the "beer donkeys" on duty our night stole the spotlight during the cocktail hour! It was amazing! The entire day was absolutely priceless! I could go on and on about this beautiful venue and how stress free the wedding planning process was thanks to them. From the preferred vendor lists they provide to the immediate responses to any questions we ever had.. they are truly a class act and worth every penny spent. (Even my dad agrees!) It was perfection. Thank you OGR for giving Chris and I our Hill Country Fairy Tale Wedding!

2015-08-03T13:55:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and helping to make your fairy tale wedding a reality! Best wishes to the new Mr. & Mrs.!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Drew K

Old Glory Ranch is the most beautiful venue to choose for a true Texas Hill Country wedding. Our Daughter's wedding was in March and the wedding weekend was full of rainy weather. Old Glory came through providing all the shelter needed to allow the beauty of the outdoor parts... Read More of the venue to be utilized from the rehearsal dinner in the Gatehouse to the wedding in Chapel Hall.The staff waited as long as they could to move the reception inside while they kept all the beautiful flowers and decorations outside for pictures and the cocktail reception. The ride in the horse and carriage was like a fairy tale and the miniature donkeys are such a unique touch! My highest accolades to Old Glory Ranch! Our family and friends say it was the best Texas wedding they had ever been to!

2015-08-03T13:56:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We are so very pleased to have been able to work with you and your family in creating this special day for your daughter. Keep in touch!

Reviewed on 6/06/2015

When my daughter decided she wanted to be married in the Hill Country of Texas we visited numerous venues. When we saw Old Glory Ranch, we fell in love and knew we had found the perfect spot. She was married on the wedding deck with the reception outside on the patio. The... Read More simple beauty of the deck with the river and the trees was exactly what she wanted. The patio with the lights at night was festive and romantic! Of course we wanted everything perfect and the staff at Old Glory made that happen. The lists of vendor is extensive and eclectic. The ones we chose were fabulous. Karen,at Old Glory, coordinated everything with them. This included but not limited to catering, transportation, and music. Since this was a destination for our families, the many details would have been extremely time consuming and difficult to coordinate without her help. Suzanne met with us for hours to be sure that she knew what we wanted not just for the flowers, but for the overall spirit of the event. Most importantly, once we arrived at the Ranch, everything was managed beautifully. We all relaxed and let the professional tell us what to do when. The wait staff was exemplary, greeting our guest with drinks and appetizers and smiling faces as they waited for the bridal party arrival. We had an assortment of wines to be served for appetizers and then for the dinner. They did it perfectly! The bar service was great. The clean up was great and nothing interfered with the special moments of the evening. And, everything was packed up and ready for us to take home with us at the end of the evening. Suzanne has high expectations for everyone that works for her and provides services for the ranch. consequently her events are first class, 5 star! Our only regret is that it did not last long enough. If we could plan another wedding I would go to Old Glory again in a heartbeat! It is a magical place!

2015-08-03T13:57:30 Response from the vendor

It is always so nice to hear such raving comments from our clients! It helps to verify even more of why we love what we do! Thanks and keep in touch!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

Old Glory Ranch exceeded our expectations for my daughter's recent wedding (May 2015). The up-front counseling, designing and vendor recommendations proved to be incredibly valuable. Suzanne and Gina were so thorough in their assistance and though we poured over the most... Read More minute details with their kind staff and vendors, we were elated that everything was even better than anticipated. The flowers were exquisite, the décor was perfect, our wedding coordinator, Kim, made everything happen so effortlessly and the staff and facilities were perfect. I loved the added touch of the extra lights in the trees and highly recommend their on-staff DJ. He knew exactly what to play and when to play it so that we had a very crowded dance floor most of the evening. The donkey drink delivery was also fun and well received. With the entire package that we purchased with Old Glory Ranch, I will attest that every penny spent was more than worth it in the end. If you are contemplating a wedding in the Texas Hill Country, I will vouch for the fact that Old Glory Ranch did everything in their power for our wedding to be the most special, trouble free, and positively memorable day for the bride, groom, family and guests. Much of their staff are employees rather than contract labor so they really know what they are doing. During the event and afterwards we received multiple accolades such as "Best wedding I have ever attended.....Kudos to the wedding venue for such a great event.....Best setting ever." With kindest regards, Helene Terry (Mother of the Bride)

2015-08-03T13:58:21 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so very much for your kind words. It was truly our pleasure working with your family and playing an integral part in making the day all it could be! Blessings to you all!

Dreams come true at OGR

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 Lauren J

My husband and I got married at Old Glory Ranch (OGR) on 4/11/15. We wanted the theme of our wedding to be rustic/country, a hill country wedding. We first learned about OGR from a friend of a friend's facebook page who had her wedding at OGR. As soon as we saw the pictures we... Read More knew this was the one! We toured a total of 2 wedding venues, one in Houston to make my parents happy as that is where they are from and OGR. Once my parents visited OGR with us they knew why we were so obsessed. All the little decorative details of the venue is something you won't see anywhere else and the even better part is that it's all for you. Not having to worry about making your own centerpieces or decorating anything was amazing. OGR does it all from set up to break down, no family member or friend has to do anything the day of the wedding but relax. They have a website you can go on and pick out all of your favorite pieces they have that you want to see at your wedding. You also get an onsite manager who coordinates with your vendors and a day of wedding coordinator who runs the timeline of your wedding and makes sure everything runs smoothly the day of (they probably do way more than this, this is just a few of the bigger items they took care of that made my life a lot easier). We will say this venue ended up costing us quite a bit more than we were expecting (you pay for every little detail; for example a $500 kitchen fee that is not included in the facility fee and $250 per staff member and I think you have to have at least 8, etc) However, I can't go without saying that every cost was worth having our wedding here. You can't get the best and expect to pay a little. The venue was above and beyond what we wanted and the staff here is amazing too. We had multiple wedding guests tell us it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. If you're looking for a fairy tale, OGR can give it to you!

2015-05-01T11:32:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful comments! It was truly our pleasure, and we LOVE making dreams come true! Wishing you both the very best!