Oldfield Club

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

130 Oldfield Way, Okatie, SC

Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

This was the second and last venue we looked at because it was so perfect we knew we didn't need to keep looking. Everything from the gorgeous entrance to the community, to the breath taking houses you pass as you drive to the venue, to the actual venue, to the on site cottages... Read More all our wedding party stayed at, to the kindness and professionalism of the staff was beyond everything I could have imagined. They have a bunch of options in how you can set up your ceremony and reception and are very open with "rules" other venues restrict you on. We had open flames with candles instead of flowers on all the tables. They have huge trees in the back that are perfect for strung lights or chandeliers. The on site event coordinator, Danielle Tosky, is one of my favorite people I've ever met! I'm sad I no longer have a reason to email and call her every week! She is so kind and thoughtful and even though I would send her 3-5 emails in a row every week (sometimes everyday...) she was always so patient and detailed in her answers. Oh and the food! Hands down the most praised part of the wedding from my guests. We had a low country boil for our rehearsal dinner the night before on property and the mound of shrimp, corn and potatoes was bigger and more delicious than I've ever had. We had stations for our reception dinner and chose chicken and waffles (yum!), build your own pasta station, BBQ station, and blackened tacos. They require you to get food and alcohol from them but with all the other things you have to deal with, them providing the food and drinks was a blessing. Not over priced at all. Plus with the food and alcohol that includes all the dishes, the staff, 10 5FT round tables, 100 chairs, all the linen, glassware, silverware, etc. That is all stuff you don't have to worry about. This is such an amazing venue! I would recommend this to any bride looking for a southern charm wedding.

Dream Wedding Come True

Reviewed on 1/14/2014 Stephanie O

Being from the area, I knew Oldfield had everything I wanted for my lowcountry wedding -- beautiful scenery, river and marsh views, the southern fare I grew up eating and loving and on-site accommodations for family and members of the wedding party. And it did not disappoint.... Read More Danielle (or Dani), is a dream to work with. One of the sweetest people I've ever met, she was always quick to respond to every question I had -- and there were a lot -- and incredibly accommodating, including last minute table set up changes due to some guests cancelling due to illness. I didn't hire a wedding planner, and my family and I did all the flowers and decor so I was incredibly nervous about how it would all come together on our wedding day, but Danielle truly made my vision come to life and all the decor, from the ceremony to the reception was absolutely stunning. I am still so grateful to her and her team for making our wedding so beautiful. Speaking of her team, we had a weekend-long wedding, with events Thursday and Friday nights as well as the wedding on Saturday and every single member of the staff felt like a part of our group of friends and family by the end of the weekend. They servers were incredible kind and helpful and I smile every time I see the photobooth pictures they took and what they signed in our guestbook: "Congratulations from your Oldfield family!" Dani also was a charm with all of our vendors, getting everyone set up and on time. We didn't miss a single cue the entire day and I know that couldn't have happened without her. And the food was fantastic. The chef was able to help us cater our menu to exactly what we wanted and was gracious enough to let us serve 100 mini pies and 3 cakes that my family made as dessert. I cannot say enough good things about our wedding experience at Oldfield. All our guests want to go back for another weekend and we know we'll be hosting another even there in the future!

Your dream wedding is possible at Oldfield!

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Lauren P

I can't say enough wonderful things about our wedding experience at Oldfield. First of all, the location is unforgettable. We chose to have our rehearsal dinner at the Outfitters Club, the bridal luncheon in the golf clubhouse, and our wedding/reception at the River Club. All of... Read More these settings were charming and beautifully decorated. The staff are INCREDIBLE. Danielle Tosky is an experienced event planner that was a huge help every step along the way. She is friendly, knowledgable, patient, and was a wonderful support to me (the bride), my mother, and mother-in-law in our planning of this weekend. She is so awesome that we did not even need to hire an additional wedding planner. She really took the stress out of the whole weekend and we will be forever grateful to her! The lodging is incredible. We rented the golf cottages and the river cottages to have most of our family and wedding party stay on site. Everyone was blown away by how beautifully decorated the place was! Everyone is still raving about the food! Charlie and Barbara were on hand all weekend as well to help support the food & beverage staff to make sure everything went off without a hitch. I would not change a thing about my wedding weekend! I would advise any bride to seriously consider Oldfield as your wedding weekend getaway. Everything was perfect! We would not have changed a thing! :)

2013-04-11T10:13:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! you are awesome my dear! :)

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Kim L

I TRULY wish there were more stars to give! From the moment my finance' and I drove through the gate to Oldfield, we KNEW our venue search was over. Oldfield River Club and Danielle Tosky (the private events director) are ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. This was a destination... Read More wedding and we had to plan most of the event via email and phone. As a VERY "type A" bride, I was blown away with Dani's responsiveness on EVERY email and phone call...and trust me...there were numerous of both :) You can tell she absolutely loves what she does and is so VERY good at it. She will do everything humanly possible to make sure to have EVERY detail covered and will work with you to make your vision of your "dream wedding day" come to life. We did not have an official wedding planner, but used her services for day of coordination...it was worth every penny! The scenery and setting is absolutely breathtaking. We had 120 guests and decided to have our ceremony at Oldfield River Club and the reception at the Outfitters Center - each are so unique and have so much flexibility in setup options. We loved the formality of the River Club with gorgeous staircases and fountains - all surrounded by the quintessential Live Oaks with hanging moss for the ceremony. For the reception, we wanted a more casual and "fun" atmosphere - so the Outfitters Center was perfect! We LOVED dancing on the deck under the trees and cafe' lights! The water/marsh views from the Outfitters Center were gorgeous as night fell, and was truly as representative of the "low country" as you can get. While we really didn't need much outside of what the venue provided (which was FABULOUS), we did use several of Dani's recommendations for local vendors - music (Gary with JLK), hair/makeup (Joy Ross - Style It Again Salon), cake (Low Country Flour Girls), event rentals (Amazing Event Rentals) and we were SO pleased with them ALL! Dani even went the extra step to coordinate with a couple of the vendors for special deliveries, etc. Ok...now...THE FOOD. Oh. My. God. Beyond INCREDIBLE...I truly start to salivate thinking about the mac and cheese bar...the beef tenderloin...the crab cakes...YUM!!!! The best part was that there is a way to truly customize the menu to work with EVERY budget. (Side note: be sure not to eat ANYTHING before going to the tasting! You will be fed sooooooo much food!) It has been roughly a month since our wedding and EVERY. SINGLE. GUEST has commented on how this was the most amazing wedding they have ever attended. We are in our mid 40's...so they have attended A LOT of weddings ;-). I seriously "dream" about my wedding day...how perfect it was...and how I SO wish I could live it all over again. Thank you Dani and Oldfield for making the day absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Kristen G

There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful Oldfield is. This was the very first venue I looked at and from the second we walked on the grounds I knew I was getting married here. The beauty of the low country is enough, but add how amazing the staff is and it blows your... Read More expectations out of the water. Danielle, the wedding coordinator, is a dream come true to work with. I couldn't have had such a perfect day without her. People raved about the food thanks to Chef Jason, and the other staff members went out of there way to make sure we were taken care of the whole weekend. I am so incredibly grateful to have found Oldfield and will continue to recommend it to every bride I know!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Val B

A DREAM COME TRUE WEDDING Our son just got married at Oldfield in August of 2016. I cannot find the words to describe wonderful the experience was. From the beginning to then end of a magical evening the staff could not have been better. Every attention to detail was seen to.... Read More Our guests were so impressed at the level service all received. The setting is just gorgeous. True Southern style from the beautifully manicured landscape to the décor inside the River Club and Outfitter Center. All of our guests felt like they were treated to a true Southern experience. The food was excellent and the timing of each event was perfect. To say the staff went above and beyond is putting it mildly. A special thank you to Danielle for her efficient and professional manner. So to Danielle, Charlie and the rest of the staff who were on hand taking care of our family and friends I offer my heartfelt gratitude to each of you. This was a dream come true wedding for our son and his lovely bride Elizabeth. I only wish I could give you 10 + stars for your excellent service. Keep up the good work…. From the bottom of our hearts thank you for making Adam and Elizabeth's wedding so perfect. It is a day we will never forget. As a parent, when your child gets married you have a dream of what that day will be like... You and your staff fulfilled our dream for our son and his bride... Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Elizabeth V

When I want to describe my wedding, words fail me. I cannot express the level of thankfulness, appreciation and love that I have for everyone at Oldfield. I was truly blown away with everything, down to the small details that only a bride will catch. It was perfect! Being in the... Read More industry and knowing the level of commitment and detail needed to put on such an elaborate event I couldn’t have let go of the rains except to Danielle. My trust in Danielle’s ability to execute and deliver the utmost perfect wedding is unwavering. I could not have had the best day of my life without her help! Hearing your family say that this was the best wedding they have ever been to really to tops the cake in my book and this couldn’t have happened without this outstanding team!!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Allison P

I cannot say enough great things about Oldfield and especially Danielle! From start to finish, Oldfield and Danielle have exceeded my expectations. Adam and I fell in love with Oldfield the moment we drove onto the property. It truly gives you that "low country", out of a... Read More Nicholas Sparks movie (lol) feel! When we first visited we had the pleasure of meeting Danielle. She is the sweetest! She was very informative and answered all of our questions. She continued to do so via email and phone. She was a large part of why we chose Oldfield was our wedding venue. Its great to have a lovely venue but if you don't have an awesome event coordinator to go along with it, it could make or break it! Well, Danielle sealed the deal! We chose to have her as our day of coordinator. If you choose Oldfield as your venue, HIRE DANIELLE AS YOUR DAY OF COORDINATOR!!! She went above and beyond our expectations and made sure that every detail was attended too. They always say that at least one thing goes wrong on your wedding day and I didn't know that something had until after we got back from our honeymoon because of Danielle. We had an incident with our DJ/ lighting vendor. My mom said that Danielle handled the situation perfectly! I am glad that I didn't know about it until after because that was something I didn't need to stress out about! Thanks Danielle! :) I could go on and on about how lovely Oldfield and Danielle is but I'm not sure if I'd have enough room! The staff at Oldfield were the sweetest. They always made sure that Adam and I as well as our guests were enjoying ourselves and had what we needed. I wish I could relive that day over and over again. Thank you Oldfield and Danielle for making the best day of my life even better!!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016

Oldfield River Club is an absolutely perfect place for a wedding. The coordinator Danielle is so easy to work with. She will give you her full attention and make sure everything is just perfect. We have received so many compliments on every aspect of my daughters wedding... Read More which was held on April 30, 2016. The food is AMAZING!! The grounds are beautiful and the staff were very friendly and knew how to handle the guests!!!!

Reviewed on 4/29/2016

My wedding was so beautiful!! The whole team at Oldfield did an amazing job. Danielle Tosky was so helpful in making sure everything happened when and how it was supposed to. So many people were involved and made everything look and feel perfect. I am so happy I chose to have my... Read More wedding here!:)

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Jackie C

There are not enough words to express my love for Oldfield. My husband and I had our reception at the River Club and it was all that I dreamed of and more. We were looking for a classic Southern plantation style venue and we certainly found that with Oldfield. Not only are... Read More the grounds STUNNING and private to your wedding, but the food is delicious, the staff is super friendly and the atmosphere is super welcoming. And then there is Danielle, Oldfield's Director of Events. She is BY FAR the best part about Oldfield. As soon as I chatted with her on the phone, I knew I wanted to book the venue. She was super fast at responding to all of my emails (and there were a lot), she had never ending energy and was beyond thoughtful on every element of my wedding. Even on my actual wedding day when the temperamental weather changed some of our plans, she was so flexible and accommodating. She truly went above and beyond in every aspect to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. Oldfield exceeded our expectations in every way. If you are looking for a beautiful venue with great service - this is your place!!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Sara S

Our wedding at Oldfield was absolutely perfect! It was even better than I had envisioned. Everything from venue to food to accommodations was exactly what I had hoped for. Our guests are still raving about all aspects of the wedding weekend. I cannot say enough good things... Read More about the staff; everyone went above and beyond. And, Danielle is such an asset. Everything was seamless, and we couldn't have pulled it off without her!

A great venue with some minor room for improvement

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Angelica R

This was our first marriage/wedding, and overall, we were delighted with how everything turned out. Here are specifics related to Oldfield: What we liked - The facility. Oldfield is beautiful! - Danielle Tosky, Oldfield's event coordinator. She was our point of contact for... Read More all things "wedding." While we chose not to pay extra for her services the day of the wedding, she stuck around to ensure we were comfortable and everything was going well. We were very grateful for her services! - The food. Wow. Everybody loved it! A special thank you to chef and Danielle for coming up with and accommodating special hors d'oeuvres for our cocktail hour! - The on-site accommodation. It's not cheap, but all guests who used it were pleased with its spaciousness and convenience. One minor complaint we heard was that the beds in the Rice Mill Cottage were a little squeaky. - The staff. With a couple minor exceptions, the staff were friendly and on top of it, both for our rehearsal luncheon at Oldfield's clubhouse and the wedding reception at the River Club. A special thank you to Natalie who was beyond friendly and helpful! What could have been better - We purchased the "Call Bar" drink package, which is supposed to include tequila. Unfortunately, when we tried to order tequila during our wedding, we were told there was none, which was disappointing. - Danielle was our only one point of contact. On days where she was busy with events (usually Fri-Sat) or off work (Sun-Mon), it was difficult to get questions answered. It also had us slightly worried about what would happen were she to leave the organization or be sick the day of our wedding. It would have been nice if she had a counter-part or back-up. - There were many questions we asked that we felt could have been addressed in the Oldfield's documentation. - Included in Oldfield's price were white chairs. A few days before the wedding, we were informed that these chairs were in poor condition, and it was suggested we use their mahogany chairs instead. These were offered free of charge, so it wasn't a big deal, but this should be addressed. - We rented a tent for our reception in the backyard of the River Club. There were a few challenges with this: -- Danielle initially indicated that it would have to be set up the day of our wedding (Sat), while our equipment rental company indicated that they regularly work with Oldfield and usually set up a day before (Fri). In the end, Danielle okay'd the latter, but this was a little confusing. -- Danielle indicated she would coordinate the set-up, but the morning when it was supposed to happen we received a call from the equipment rental staff asking for instructions on where exactly things should go. Danielle was not around and unreachable, so we had to take care of it. This could have been better organized. -- Oldfield requires tents to be taken down by 10am on Sunday. It would be nice if they allowed tents to be taken down on Monday morning to avoid surcharges for late night tear down. -- We shared drawings of the desired layout of the tent and lighting we had rented from an equipment company with Danielle. Unfortunately, the company did not set up the lighting properly. That was on them, but it would have been nice if an eye had been kept out for this. In conclusion, everybody raved about our wedding at Oldfield, and we were very happy with having chosen it! If Oldfield can address a few of the above items, they can get even better!

Could Not have been better

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

We knew we wanted to get married at Oldfield because of the venue but the wedding planner made it so much better. We would almost like to do this every year. Besides her recommendations on who to use for various items such as florists, djs, cakes, etc. she followed up with us... Read More weekly and kept us on track so we wouldn't be pressured as the big day arrived. Coordination leading up to the big day and during the wedding ceremony and reception was so seamless and easy going that we almost felt like guests at our own wedding. Such a great event made for a memorable day by Oldfield's wedding planner. Awesome!

A Dream Wedding Come True

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Darby J

My fantasy wedding featured an outdoor ceremony with an indoor/outdoor reception. The building would feel homey with quaint gathering rooms and would be on the water. All the better, this charming location would be beautiful on it's own and would only require simple,... Read More personalized touches. Plus trees covered in Spanish moss! Oldfield Country Club offered exactly that. Danielle Tosky was supportive and helpful every step of the way. She went above and beyond to make this day easy on me. AND, the food was sooo yummy!

Completely Unforgettable!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Jacklyn H

If you are looking for an absolutely breathtaking backdrop for your dream wedding, than look no further than Oldfield Club! Growing up in the plains of the Midwest there is nothing more beautiful than the low country landscape. The water views (river and lagoon) with spanish... Read More moss draped live oaks everywhere provides its own kind of charm. Within minutes of touring the River Club and the Outfitters Center my husband and I knew it was the perfect place to show our out of town family and friends the reasons we moved to South Carolina. Oldfield Club offers multiple venue options that can be customized to suit your needs. You can use the River Club backdrop or erect a tent and start from scratch. From the on-site cottage or golf house accommodations and amenities, to the quality of the food, to the friendliness of the service staff and the location, you will not be disappointed. They always say you get what you pay for and Oldfield Club goes above and beyond that to please their guests. Working with Danielle was a dream as she was there to immediately answer any questions and wasn't afraid to offer suggestions. She put together a wedding that far exceeded our expectations and left us and our guests with wonderful memories to last a lifetime. She made our dream come true and I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again! Don't hesitate to check out Oldfield Club, it's truly a hidden gem!

wedding/ reception venue

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Sarah V

great venue, they know their job...smooth and professionally run. couldn't have chosen a better place.

Oldfield Riverclub

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Lauren P

I cannot even begin to express how wonderful Oldfield was. Everything about the place was beautiful. My fiancé and I looked at a lot of venues in South Carolina and Oldfield happened to be our last visit. I didn't get much of a reaction out of my fiancé visiting the others,... Read More but when we pulled up to the Riverclub it got his attention. After looking at the venue we stayed there for a couple more hours just walking around. We didn't even have to discuss the other venues because after seeing this one the others did not even matter anymore. Danielle and the staff made our wedding perfect. We could not have been anymore satisfied. We did not have to worry about anything the day of the wedding which let us have a stress free day. Danielle was so sweet, patient, and helpful. Oldfield is lucky to have her. She saved us so many times because we either forgot something or did not even think of something. The food was amazing; we had the low country boil. The service was amazing. I have never worked with anymore more friendly than we did there. All of the guests loved the venue. Everyone asked how we found it (since we were not front the area). I read on a blog once it was a hidden treasure, and they could not have been more right. I could not imagine my wedding anywhere else. Our day could not have gone anymore perfect thanks to them.

Better Than I Even Imagined

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Katelyn C

Everything about Oldfield Club, the River House, Danielle Tosky, Chef Jason, and the rest of the Oldfield Staff was absolutely perfect. My wedding day turned out to be stunningly successful and I know it's because of the people at Oldfield. I've thought about it since, and I... Read More think I've figured out the formula to having the "Best Wedding Ever" at Oldfield, which includes 4 major points: 1- The Setting: The entire Oldfield community is beautiful and immaculate. The River House is gorgeous, and if you're looking for a quintessential southern scene for your wedding, look no further. 2- The Service: Everyone from the main gate security guard to the wonderful men and women offering appetizers during the cocktail hour were friendly and personable. 3- The Food: Oh the food! SO GOOD! I come from a family of foodies (especially my father) so when it came time to do a tasting I was nervous. But of course, the food was exceptionally good- I recommend having the prosciutto-wrapped chicken as one of your entrees, you won't regret it! and lastly, #4- Danielle Tosky: Danny is the super-warrior, power ninja of successful weddings. She's friendly, very accommodating, and not afraid to take charge when it comes to giving her brides and grooms what they want or need. Our wedding wouldn't have been anywhere near as beautiful if Danielle hadn't been at the helm moving everything along. I highly recommend hiring her as a Day of Coordinator (it's an extra fee, but totally worth it!). All in all, Oldfield Club is the best place to host a wedding. I mean, of course I would say that because I had my wedding there, but in seriousness- take a drive to Okatie and tour the facilities. You'll fall in love the minute you drive through the front gate underneath the spanish moss and live oaks...

Simply Southern and Stunning

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Brittany e

This is an amazing wedding venue with beautiful views and an amazing staff to make sure that your wedding goes smooth! Everything is beautiful and Danielle Tosky is one of the most professional, friendly and awesome people you could have to coordinate your big day! Everything... Read More was so gorgeous that the guests want to schedule another visit just to relax in all of the southern beauty!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Heidi R

I just got married at Oldfield this past weekend and it was a fabulous experience from start to finish. Danielle was extremely efficient and professional during the rehearsal and during the wedding. All of our guests were blown away by the beauty of the setting. We did the... Read More ceremony in the front of the building, cocktail hour in the atrium, dinner on the porch, and the reception on the back patio. We were able to use every beautiful inch of this venue and I am so thankful that we did. I would recommend this venue to any bride considering a wedding in the area.

Oldfield Weddings are INCREDIBLE

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Rebekah D

This is our third wedding at Oldfield in the last three years! What's not to love? The setting is charming "Old South". Picture magnificent live oaks, dripping in Spanish Moss, all set upon the banks of the Okatie River. We started with an Oyster Roast Rehearsal Dinner on Friday... Read More night at the Outfitter's Center and our son's wedding was Saturday night at the River Club. All of our guests were amazed at how perfect everything was, from the setting itself to the fabulous food. You simply don't need to spend on extras with this setting, it's just the perfect backdrop for wedding photos beyond your dreams!!! Your guests can rent lovely little cottages and stay inside the Plantation where they can have access to all the amenities. The Event Coordinator, Danielle, will make certain every detail is attended to. All of the staff will go out of there way to make it all look easy and the food, oh my goodness, you will not find any better in the entire Hilton Head area than Chef Jason! Our guests came from all over the U.S. and were unanimous in how perfect this was for a wedding venue. We highly recommend.

Beautiful Venue and great staff

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

The setting was beautiful and the staff were wonderful. If I were to renew my vows I would definitely consider Oldfield.

Bride

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Delia M

Pictures do not do this venue justice. It has southern charm with a spanish twist. There are rivers both in front and behind the River club. The Venue has aesthetically pleasing details in every corner. The inside of the venue includes a beautiful winding staircase, vintage... Read More furniture and decor, water fountains, and gorgeous entrances and exits. The wedding coordinator, Danielle, is the most helpful person! She has experience and provides such HELPFUL information for new brides.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Brittany e

From the start of planning a year before to the day of the wedding everything was perfect! If you are looking for a true plantation wedding, this is your place! I had contacted many venues, but none replied back as fast or stayed on top of things like Danielle Tosky! She... Read More answered every email within a timely manner, she was there on the day of the wedding and made sure everything was set up just the way I wanted! The food was amazing and Oldfield has several venues within one! They are extremely affordable and definitely worth the money! They also have gorgeous cottages that are perfect for the wedding party or out of town guests to stay at and an amazing bridal suite for everyone to get ready on the day of! I truly had a fairly tale wedding and it all went so smooth because of Danielle and their amazing staff!