Book Your Wedding with On Sunny Slope Farm

A HISTORIC VENUE IN HARRISONBURG, VA

Planning a Shenandoah Valley destination wedding? On Sunny Slope Farm in Harrisonburg, Virginia, is conveniently located near Charlottesville in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Sprawling over some 350 acres of gorgeous meadows and grasslands, On Sunny Slope Farm provides a breathtaking backdrop for the ultimate rustic-chic outdoor wedding and reception.

On Sunny Slope Farm features three flexible event spaces spread over 67 acres that couples can use to create their unique wedding celebration:

The Outdoor Ceremony Site. Out on a grassy knoll with views of the mountains, there is an elevated platform with the country-style wooden foundations of a tiny cottage. It is here where you'll say, “I do,” while surrounded by your guests on charming white wooden chairs. Decorate with dried flowers, ribbons and reclaimed antique farm equipment for an updated vintage wedding.

The Event Tent. This 40-foot by 120-foot open-air structure can seat up to 250 guests with plenty of room leftover for the dance floor. The tent is an all-season venue, with sides fastening snugly and a door that closes in the event of rain. There are large cathedral windows in the tent walls so you can still enjoy the beautiful mountain views. The tent can also be cooled or heated for all-season comfort.

The Barn. The farm's original barn has been beautifully updated and redesigned as an indoor venue with large, modern bathrooms and a bride and groom suite for the wedding party to prepare for the event. It also doubles as a cozy indoor venue with seating for up to 48 guests.

The Egg House. This cottage space has a full kitchen your caterers can use, as well as a furnished bedroom, bathroom and living room.

On Sunny Slope Farm only hosts one event per day and gives you and the wedding service providers everything necessary to pull off a stress-free celebration:

• Access to the farm for your engagement pictures as well as the day before the event for rehearsal
  • Tables and white resin chairs for up to 250 guests (extras are available for a fee)
  • White linen table cloths and linen napkins in your choice of nine colors
  • Bistro lighting in and outside of the tent and a 24-foot dance floor
  • Two professional sound systems
  • Two gas fire pits and a patio with 12 Adirondack chairs
  • Up to five event staff members for on-site parking and event management
  • Use of all farm event space
  • Two in-person meetings with your On Sunny Slope Farm event coordinator

Your event coordinator will recommend preferred vendors and arrange your professional services on the day of the wedding.

Make your Shenandoah Valley destination wedding even more memorable with these extra perks:

• Use a "glamping" tent for the night of the ceremony and enjoy a romantic night under the stars in total comfort with your new partner
  • Schedule an on-site spa treatment through their partner vendor
  • Coordinate guest travel and Blue Ridge Mountain excursions with their partner, Go Blue Ridge Travel

Let us host your wedding on our full service venue

Your dream Shenandoah Valley Wedding is our primary focus. We are Rockingham County‘s only full service wedding venue. On Sunny Slope Farm, you will step into an award winning wedding venue with gorgeous gardens, breathtaking views, lush landscapes and intimate reception surroundings. The beauty of our historic, 67 acre, certified Virginia Century Farm provides an air of Shenandoah Valley distinction and elegance that marries the past and present to provide the perfect backdrop for your storybook wedding. Our planning services, through myshenandoahvalleywedding.com, links you to our vetted local wedding vendors Our full service hotel, Hotel Madison, can host your guests in our 230 rooms and farm to table restaurant. Our shuttle will safely transport you and your guests to our venue.

• Outdoor - Covered

Historic Venue, Hotel, Mansion + Estate, Mountain, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

1000 Erickson Avenue, Harrisonburg, VA (540) 830-5400

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Shelby T

From our first emails and tour of the venue to our last amazing moments on the farm, Harry and his team were incredible. Every detail was thought of and every fear was eliminated in our meetings with Harry and Monica (we added on the day-of-coordinator to our package) ahead of... Read More our wedding day. It could not have been as amazing without them! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the feel of it was perfect for us, our family and friends - it includes several spaces to hang out (really a space for everyone no matter what kind of wedding guest you are), great views, fantastic restrooms (guests loved the size and cleanliness of these), and great games available! The platform that's used to play with the set up of the venue is incredibly helpful too and fun to use to visualize everything. The team at Sunny Slope has really seen it all and really took so much stress out of wedding planning for my husband and I. They really care about their clients and want to make certain that your day is exactly how you imagined it. They have great vendor connections and recommendations, are very open about decor, are very flexible with setup, and overall are just incredibly friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this venue to future brides & grooms!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Adrianne S

We had the best day! Seriously, it was amazing and Sunny Slope made everything so easy. Everything looked perfect and ran smoothly. Harry is beyond helpful and genuine!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Faith W

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. They provide so much for their clients such as suites to get ready in, two ceremony locations, tables and chairs, engagement shoot locations, beautiful scenery, wedding coordinators, bartenders... you name it! Harry is great to work with as... Read More well. The day went so smoothly. I could not have asked for a better venue for such a great price!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Adrienne B

Harry and his team were warm, friendly, and accommodating. They were quick to help when we needed, but didn't push our low-key vibe. I wanted someone who appreciated my husband's ideas and my own, and didn't just focus on "the bride." He really helped me make "our" wedding. And... Read More the beautiful mountain backdrop really completed the feel we needed. We live in the valley and are outdoorsy people and this venue was perfect. While having an outside wedding and feel, thanks to Harry's tent and awesome heaters we were completely covered, dry, and warm even though it rained. Highly recommend for outdoor weddings.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Chelsea J

Sunny slope farm was absolutely perfection. I would recommend this venue to anyone. The staff/ owner of the farm, Harry, was absolutely amazing to work with. He took the time to see my vision and helped execute the perfect day. He was very detailed and answered all of my... Read More questions promptly. He also has a vendors list that I used a few vendors off of and it couldn’t have gone any more smoothly the day of. Everyone was very passionate about what they did and the venue itself is gorgeous!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Samantha M

Choosing Sunny Slope as our ceremony and reception site set the tone for the entire wedding. The Farm is located just a few miles from downtown Harrisonburg VA, so there are plenty of hotels and accommodations for guests (Also it's a large enough town that you and your guests... Read More have access to Uber and Lyft). The Farm itself is beautiful, rolling farmland nestled in the gorgeous, forested hills of the Shenandoah. Everything you'd need from a venue is included: changing suites, a space for your catering team to do food prep, a bluetooth sound system, tables, chairs, and linens included, heaters if the reception tent gets chilly, and gas fire 'pits' if your evening is temperate. But perhaps the most valuable asset is Harry, the farm's owner. Harry is kind, patient, and takes great care to give each couple the wedding they're imagining.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Becca M

On Sunny Slope Farm was the perfect place to get married. Harry and the whole team were so helpful throughout the entire planning process. The day of went so smoothly and I was able to have complete faith in Harry and Monica (our day of coordinator through the vendor) to handle... Read More anything that happened. Everyone that attended couldn't get over how beautiful the venue was, especially at sunset! Highly, highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Meg C

To begin with Sunny Slope is just the most beautiful location! I fell in love with the photos before I even visited. Harry and his team were wonderful to work with; they always responded quickly to my emails and had good recommendations when we needed them. We opted to do the... Read More bar/insurance package and everyone raved about how nice out bartender, Kat, was. We also used one of their day of coordinators, Anna, who was just fantastic. There's no way everything would have gone as well as it did without her! The price is good and a lot is included, the getting ready rooms were nice and worked well with all of our groomsmen and bridesmaids. We got compliments from pretty much all of our wedding guests about how amazing the location was and I agree. Be sure to visit!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Jordan B

Such a sweet, beautiful venue! Harry was incredibly helpful and so easy to work with!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Danielle F

OSSF truly is magical! They have been having a destination wedding a piece of cake! They are always quick to answer and questions I have! It’s also extremely reassuring when every vendor you are using that is familiar with the location has nothing but rave reviews and thankful... Read More we are getting married here!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Olivia B

SSF made my wedding the best day ever! I can go on and on about how great the venue is and how amazing the staff is. Just book this place. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Joshua V

We couldn’t possibly have picked a better venue. Harrry and his staff were on point from day one. They coordinated with all the vendors seemleasly and helped us plan the perfect day. Their process for making sure all the details are in place made for a worry free wedding day.... Read More It was priceless.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Matthew H

On Sunny Slope farm was absolutely amazing! My wife and I were recently married on Harry’s beautiful farm and were truly greatful that we were able to contribute a little piece of history to all the stories that have found their beginnings on the Farm. Harry and his staff were... Read More could not have been more attentive to our needs, and often times knew what we needed even before we knew. On Sunny Slope Farm is the best wedding venue in the valley!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Howard B

What a Wonderful venue for a wedding ! A most gracious host. Harry was ready for any problem that might arise. Thankfully our wedding went off without a hitch! The view alone is reason to have your wedding or any special occasion at Sunny Slope Farm!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Hanna G

Harry and his team did an excellent job with our June wedding! When it began pouring down rain the day of the ceremony Harry effortlessly prepared the tent for an indoor ceremony. He even allowed us extra time the day before the wedding to prepare our flowers when they were... Read More delivered late! Overall Harry was very accommodating and professional from our preliminary meetings to the end of the wedding day! I would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Marsha R

It rained on the day of our wedding...and the staff was INCREDIBLE. Everything was moved inside and it still looked amazing. We had so many compliments from the guests on our venue. Harry is quick to answer any of your questions and help you with whatever you might need. They... Read More take care of SO many of the details and provide tables, chairs, linens, trash haul away, bathrooms, and even have ice available at the venue! Worth every penny! It was a great choice!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Jessica G

Even on a gloomy day this venue was beautiful! I had an absolute blast, and there was more than enough space under the tent for everyone. Harry and the amazing staff were incredibly helpful and I wouldn't have changed a thing....except maybe taking advantage of more of his... Read More numerous vendor and package options!! There is a reason this place comes so highly recommended!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Jessica H

5 stars does an injustice to the grandeur of this venue. It needs at least 10, gold -glittering stars. My husband and I instantly gravitated to this venue for its unique combination of organic beauty, rustic charm, and modern-professional touches. The owner, Harry, was an... Read More absolute JOY to work with and brought a calming, genuine presence to all our meetings. I felt entirely supported throughout the planning process and during our special day. I highly recommend this venue and suggest you look no further than On Sunny Slope Farm - because it truly is the best :)

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Rachel N

On Sunny Slope Farm is the perfect venue for a laid-back wedding that will afford you THE best photos! Harry and his team are top notch wedding folks! We honestly had the best experience from planning and preparing to day of wedding. I hope we can go back to Sunny Slope for one... Read More of our friend's weddings soon!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Rachel J

On sunny slope is such a gorgeous venue! I got married September 23, 2016 and people comment all the time about how amazing the venue was. The staff is all so friendly and accommodating, too! Harry and team really made our wedding an experience of a lifetime!

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Emily P

We had the BEST time On Sunny Slope Farm for our wedding!!! We wanted a venue that captured the beauty of the Valley and Sunny Slope really does. Everything from our first tour of the farm to the day of our wedding was fairly simple with Harry & his staff. They are so... Read More accommodating to any requests, although I think our setup was pretty simple. A few of our vendors & our coordinator made comments about how MUCH is included or available through Sunny Slope - tables, chairs, napkins, a bar package (other than alcohol), sparklers, busing staff, etc. Having so many things coordinated by Harry made things much easier. We didn't have to worry about different rental companies or returning napkins the morning after our wedding! We didn't have to worry about anything throughout our wedding weekend - it's all taken care of. If we asked, it happened. Brian - the bartender - is also the best! We wanted a venue that allowed us to bring our own alcohol and Brian was great with any questions or requests. THANK YOU to all for the most amazing day! Despite unpredictable weather that was more like November than May, we loved every second of our wedding.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Ken B

We were lucky enough to have both our wedding ceremony and reception at On Sunny Slope Farm and everything was absolutely perfect! On Sunny Slope farm was amazing at accommodating us and all of our guests. The manager Harry was always available and willing to help and provide... Read More insight. On Sunny Slope Farm was such a great place to get married; from the perfect scenery of the rolling farm hills to the setup\breakdown of the event to all the small details that they helped with provided us a huge piece of mind and help us focus on having a great time with friends and family and most importantly getting married. On Sunny Slope farm offers lots of amenities and options to help you plan and organize your wedding. Harry, who also performed the ceremony did an amazing job delivering the vision we had and ensuring that everyone had a safe and wonderful time. I would VERY highly recommend On Sunny Slope Farm for your wedding or event!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Allison D

I am so happy my husband and I found On Sunny Slope Farm. Not only is it an absolutely beautiful venue, working with Harry in preparation for our wedding was fantastic! Harry is very kind, knowledgable, and extremely responsive. There was never a time where I waited more than... Read More a day to hear back from Harry after sending him an email with questions about our wedding. When you choose Sunny Slope Farm as your venue, you receive two appointments with Harry to make sure your wedding planning is going smoothly (can be done in person or by Skype). We had one of our meetings at the 3 month mark and one at the 1 month mark and they were so helpful and usually put my nerves at ease about the planning process. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Harry was there first thing in the morning to meet us and already had all the chairs and tables set up. It was raining pretty hard the morning of our wedding and he helped assure us the rain would stop in time for the ceremony, and made sure to wipe down all the seats at the ceremony location so our guests wouldn't get their clothes wet. Throughout the night, Harry checked in with my husband and I to make sure everything was going great and I am so appreciative of that. We also had Harry officiate our wedding and he did an amazing job. The ceremony felt so special and personal, and working with Harry to prepare for the ceremony was a great experience. I can't say enough great things about our wedding on Sunny Slope Farm and about Harry. It is a breathtaking venue with wonderful people who work with you throughout the entire wedding planning process.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

As soon as my husband and I visited this venue, we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. The price compared to others in the area was great, and the site was just beautiful. Getting into the planning and questions, Harry was always a huge help and reassuring if we had... Read More concerns. The week before our wedding, a huge storm was supposed to come through. To ease our stress and worries, Harry and his wife did everything they possibly could to have backup plans B, C, and even D. It was beyond what they had to do, and it was greatly appreciated. Everyone was wonderful to work with, and the wedding was perfect. I would definitely recommend trying them if you are looking for the perfect outdoor wedding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Natalie W

When we started planning our wedding in early 2014, Sunny Slope wasn't even on our radar. The plan was to do more of a backyard wedding at the farm of someone we knew. When we started adding up the costs of renting tables, chairs, tents, and linens, though, we realized that we... Read More needed to find another option that fit our budget better. I spent hours researching and contacting venues, and I could not believe what a great deal Sunny Slope was (not to mention close to home). There's really nothing like it in Harrisonburg. Harry is SO great to work with. He's honest, funny, and down-to-earth, and he genuinely cares about making the venue an awesome place to get married. (Case in point: between the time that we booked Sunny Slope and the time of our wedding, just over a year, he added some awesome surprises like beautiful wooden doors for the tent and hotel shuttle service.) From the very first day, he went above and beyond to accommodate us and the big decor plans we had involving stage lighting and lots of fabric in the tent. Most importantly, the big day went off without a hitch, and I know Harry and his team are primarily to thank for that. Our guests loved the farm as much as we did. You can't go wrong booking your wedding here; it's beautiful, the team will take great care of you, and for the service and amenities you'll get, it's an absolute steal.

Harry Jarrett

I love marriage and I love weddings. My #1 goal is to make sure that your wedding is beautiful, fun and stress free for you, your fiance and your family & friends. For 24 years I have helped couples plan their wedding and prepare for a healthy, joyous and long lasting married. I am a registered and licensed Virginia officiant, a certified Prepare-Enrich Marriage Counselor. As of November 2016, we have hosted 139 Weddings On Sunny Slope Farm. I know how to make sure that your dream wedding is a dream and not a nightmare. Let me and my staff make your dream wedding and wonderful memory.