At Palermo Bakery we offer personalized and private appointments to serve our customers every need. We cater to all types of occasions including weddings, showers, birthdays, anniversaries and any other event. Our customers can taste and customize their cakes and specialty orders to fit their satisfaction.

Cake Accessories, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

187 Main Street, Ridgefield Park, NJ

Such a good value

Reviewed on 6/01/2014

In northern NJ this is such a good deal!!! The cake was delicious!!! It was not exactly what we had discussed but for the price and how good it was I didn't even care. Cake was $700 and $100 for delivery.

Lets Eat Cake!

Reviewed on 5/17/2014 Lisa S

I used Palermo Bakery for my wedding cake because they work closely with the wedding venue I used. I was skeptical with the choices we were going to get. But was very surprised with all the choices that we were given. Palermo was very friendly to deal with and worked with us to... Read More find the perfect cake! The end result was beautiful and Delicious too!

Delicious & Beautiful Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Lorna W

My venue, the Imperia, uses Palermo's for the included wedding cake. Great money saver!! In the planning stage, my husband & I went for our cake tasting. It was amazing!!! We were given like 24 different slices of cake, each with a different filling. They were all so yummy!... Read More They also had us look through photos of cakes that are included with our package with the venue and there was A LOT to choose from! I thought they would have about three designs to choose from, but it was the complete opposite! I got the exact design I was looking for and they were more than happy to customize it just the way I wanted it. When we left, we were happy, high on sugar, and excited to see our wedding cake! When I saw the cake the day of, it was amazing! Just the way I wanted it! And most importantly, it tasted AMAZING!!!!!!! I did the customary freezing of the top tier and cannot wait to eat it a year from now or maybe just go back to Palermo's & order a copy cat cake and enjoy a delicious fresh one! :)

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Samantha A

Our cake was so gorgeous I couldn't believe it! Leigh Ann worked with me via email after I first booked and we tweaked our cake to add embellishments and icing flowers free of charge. They were pearlized and had a shimmer to them and my God they were GORGEOUS! Not to mention it... Read More was scrumptious :) Thanks again Palermo Bakery and Leigh Ann!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Truc-Lan V

Getting your cake through your wedding venue, but it's coming from Palermo's? BEWARE! This company has shown me they do not care about their 'wholesale customers' like us. The instructions after our cake tasting (with Leigh Ann) were to bring our cake topper to the venue, no... Read More more than 5 inches wide. I spent over four hours making our cake topper by hand. Palermo's delivered a cake that had a fully decorated top tier to my wedding venue, so my venue was unable to use the cake topper I had made. I didn't find out until the reception, so I was obviously very upset. Two days after the wedding, I reached out to Palermos. After taking more than two weeks to get in touch, Leigh Ann claimed it was "an error by one of the decorators." Her recommendation for remediation, after speaking with her boss (Jerry, who is the owner, I believe), was a $100 gift certificate to Palermos. I requested a full refund for my cake. I acknowledged that we did not pay the bakery, but we did pay our venue thousands of dollars to have our wedding there, and the venue in turn paid Palermos for the cake. After consulting her bosses again, the only change was that we were offered the $100 as cash/check instead of a gift certificate. Leigh Ann told me she "thought that was pretty fair" and that her bosses said that because we were a wholesale customer (aka purchased through our venue) that there was nothing they could do. Leigh Ann made sure to ask how the cake looked otherwise and how it tasted and requested a picture be sent to her. On the phone, she said "well, it looked great and tasted good." The cake did not come as we had ordered and requested it, so no, it did not look great. My wedding cake pictures are ruined, my hard work and time was wasted, and my confidence in this company has fallen. They have shown that just because we didn't place an order through the bakery ourselves, they have no care to fix their mistakes and take care of their customers. In addition, I left my name/number with people who answered the phones in Ridgefield Park, and Leigh Ann didn't get my messages twice. Not sure who's at fault there, but obviously their communication amongst staff is lacking.

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Roxanne M

I've had cakes done at Palermo's before my wedding so I knew they were going to do an amazing job on my wedding cake too! It was exactly what I wanted and tasted delicious!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Allison B

We got our wedding cake from Palermo Bakery as part of our catering package with Mayfair Farms. Palermo did a beautiful job on our wedding cake. They were incredibly easy to work with when we went to pick out our cake flavors and even sent us home with samples! The cake that... Read More we picked out from their sample book looked exactly like the cake that was delivered on our wedding day. They worked with our florist to make sure the cake was decorated as asked and it was delivered and set up expertly. We got a white buttercream cake with vanilla with raspberry custard filling and chocolate with chocolate fudge as our tiers. The cake was moist and the fillings were delicious. The icing on the outside was delicious as well. We actually didn't end up freezing our top tier for our first anniversary because we were too eager to eat it after the wedding! Thank you Palermo for the beautiful and delicious cake!

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Kristen H

Our cake was included with our venue from Palermos and it was delicious. They had a large range of cakes to chose from in our package and were flexible with us making little changes. I also purchased a grooms cake with them which looked great and was very affordable. Overall,... Read More a great experience.

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Alessia S

They were referred by my venue. They did an outstanding job on my cake. The staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable. I also looked online to see the different designs and they were able to create the cake of my dreams

Exactly as ordered!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Emily S

My wedding package with Landmark Venues included a cake from Palermo Bakery. About a month before our wedding we made the trek from Philadelphia to their bakery in Union City to taste some cakes and place our order. There were many delicious options to choose from but for us it... Read More was an easy decision to go with vanilla with cannoli filling and red velvet with cream cheese. I tried both on our wedding day and they were both flavorful and moist. The design was exactly what I had asked for, a simple white buttercream with a scraped design put on it which we accented day of with fresh flowers. I can't wait to try it again on our anniversary! The bakery was easy to work with and delivered just what we asked for.

Delicious and Beautiful cake

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Katie M

Palermos made us a beautiful and delicious cake. They were very helpful during the tasting and gave us the exact design that we wanted to fit our rustic theme. We made sure to eat the cake on our wedding night and it was just as good as the tasting, if not better.

Delicious Cakes

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Suzanne S

Palermos bakery was included in my wedding package. I didn't except much since it was included but the cakes are actually so good! We had a beautiful 3 layered cake with red velvet & chocolate hazelnut. They were able to accommodate us for an appointment 2 weeks before the... Read More wedding. They also delivered the cake to the venue which was great.

Delicious Cake

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Breanne M

We LOVED our cake from Palermo's. It was so delicious, it looked beautiful and we can't wait to eat the top in 1 year!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Heather W

We really enjoyed our wedding cake from Palermos. It looked great and tasted great! Only thing is that Palermos is a very popular and busy bakery so the tasting and choosing a cake experience is a little rushed and can't be personalized as much as some may like. Other than that... Read More it is a great choice and will definitely make you and your guests happy with the taste. I'd definitely recommend them.

The best wedding cake!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Jessica C

Let me start out by saying, I did not choose Palermos. The cake was included in my wedding package at The Graycliff and they work with Palermos. That being said, I was very happy with them. The cake tasting they offered was very nice and they were very helpful in helping me... Read More design my cake. It was very easy and fast. The cake arrived at my venue with no problems and it was delicious. All of my guests raved about how moist it was. Thank you Palermos!

Delicious

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Melissa M

We used Palermo's because our cake was included with our wedding package. Picking the cake was super easy and they were really helpful. The cake came out beautiful and was delicious. Everyone raved about the chocolate and coconut one my husband picked. So good!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Priya J

Palermo's delivered everything we wanted in a wedding cake. From the day we went for the tasting, we were blown away by the quality of their cakes and fillings. We tried multiple combinations but knew from the start that we wanted the red velvet cake. They worked with us quite... Read More extensively to design the cake fitting our theme and decor. They cake looked amazing on our wedding day and looked better than we designed. We were pleased to find out that it even tasted better. Each bite was delicious and quite honestly, we can't wait till next year to try the top tier that we saved. All our guests enjoyed our selection as well.

Wedding Cake was a hit!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Andrea T

So happy we used Palermo for wedding cake it was exceptional. After tasting decided on chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse and vanilla butter cream. Everyone raved and loved the cake it was not overly sweet just perfection! It was also an unexpected choice for our... Read More guests. We had other desserts at the wedding so usually people don't eat the cake when other sweets are offered but not in this case everyone commented how much they enjoyed it. Could not wait till first anniversary to eat the top it was that good!! We will order a fresh one for our one year.

delicious wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Samantha T

our wedding cake was delicious and we had 0 complaints. We loved that we got to take home all the left overs from the tasting. Can't wait to break out the top tier for one year (although i'm sure frozen cake will not be as yummy!)

Great tasting cake

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Edward A

The cake from Palermo Bakery was included in the cost of our reception. When my partner and I went for our cake testing, we had a difficult time deciding on flavors because they were all so delicious. The consultant there worked with the both of us to design a cake that... Read More went with our theme (bow ties) and that complimented the colors of our wedding. She took the time to make a drawing of the cake and went over every detail to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. On the day of the reception, we were blown away by the beauty and simplicity of the cake. It was beautiful! One minor flaw was that the design (red dots) that was put around the cake was crooked and did not follow the line around each section. It was definitely not enough to make it a problem. The cake was delicious! We are looking forward to our first anniversary when we can break open the top of our cake and eat it all over again (not as fresh obviously). I would definitely recommend Palermo Bakery to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Amy P

I believe my first review was deleted so I am posting again. Palermos.bakery worked with my venue so for me the cake came "free." I wasn't expecting a fantastic cake but I was at least expecting one that wasn't embarrassing. We paid extra to have the cake we wanted as well. The... Read More design on the cake looked like something a 4 year old would do. The lines were shaky and uneven. I emailed them afer my wedding just to let them know I wasn't satisfied and they never replied. I would not use the company again.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Raj S

We used Palermo's for our wedding cake, and was extremely happy! Leigh Ann was great to deal with, especially when we walked in knowing nothing about what we actually wanted for our cake! She helped us design a perfect cake, and we sampled over a dozen flavors of cake. The... Read More pastries we ordered for reception were DELICIOUS and our cake came out BEAUTIFUL!

Palermo

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 mariel r

Beautiful cakes, but limited in their selection of designs that are included in the price of your venue. Anything that is not from their portfolio can be done, but there will be a hefty upcharge.

Cake Elegance!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Toni Ann P

Our wedding cake from Palermo's Bakery was to die for. It was simply beautiful and elegant without being overly done. They created exactly what we wanted.We had different layers of flavor in our cake and the ivory pearl shimmer color was absolutely stunning! The cake, of... Read More course, is also fresh and delicious. Thank you Palermo's!

Delicious

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 C E

Can't wait to thaw the top layer on our one year anniversary. The staff at Palermo arranged a great tasting for me and my husband. They had a wide selection of cakes and everything was delicious. There were also many cake designs to choose from.