At Palermo Bakery we offer personalized and private appointments to serve our customers every need. We cater to all types of occasions including weddings, showers, birthdays, anniversaries and any other event. Our customers can taste and customize their cakes and specialty orders to fit their satisfaction.

$$$

Type

Cake Tops & Accessories

187 Main Street, Ridgefield Park, NJ

Such a good value

Reviewed on 6/01/2014

In northern NJ this is such a good deal!!! The cake was delicious!!! It was not exactly what we had discussed but for the price and how good it was I didn't even care. Cake was $700 and $100 for delivery.

Lets Eat Cake!

Reviewed on 5/17/2014 Lisa S

I used Palermo Bakery for my wedding cake because they work closely with the wedding venue I used. I was skeptical with the choices we were going to get. But was very surprised with all the choices that we were given. Palermo was very friendly to deal with and worked with us to find the perfect cake! The end result was beautiful and Delicious too!

Delicious & Beautiful Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Lorna W

My venue, the Imperia, uses Palermo's for the included wedding cake. Great money saver!! In the planning stage, my husband & I went for our cake tasting. It was amazing!!! We were given like 24 different slices of cake, each with a different filling. They were all so yummy! They also had us look through photos of cakes that are included with our package with the venue and there was A LOT to choose from! I thought they would have about three designs to choose from, but it was the complete opposite! I got the exact design I was looking for and they were more than happy to customize it just the way I wanted it. When we left, we were happy, high on sugar, and excited to see our wedding cake! When I saw the cake the day of, it was amazing! Just the way I wanted it! And most importantly, it tasted AMAZING!!!!!!! I did the customary freezing of the top tier and cannot wait to eat it a year from now or maybe just go back to Palermo's & order a copy cat cake and enjoy a delicious fresh one! :)

delicious cake!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Emily S

a cake from Palermo's was part of our package from our venue so while we did not necessarily pick them in the first place, I would now! the process of tasting and picking our design was so simple and everything with delivered without a hitch. the cake was simple and beautiful, exactly what I envisioned...and it was delicious! I wish I got to eat more of it and can't wait to a year from now on our anniversary!

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

Palermo's Bakery has made every cake for me in my life, from birthdays, communion, graduations, engagement, bridal shower and everything in between. That it was no shock when it came time to design my dream wedding cake, that I was going anywhere else. We had such an easy time working with Jerry, he was attentive to our needs and was able to make recommendations to accommodate our cake design considering it was 9 tiers and my husband and I are short people (cutting the cake). When the wedding day came, I walked into the ballroom and my breath was taken away! AMAZING is an understatement. Thank you to Palermo's Bakery for a wonderful experience. My every wish came true and it was the most delicious cake I've ever had. You guys really out did yourselves on this one, Best cake ever! And not to mention the groom's cake was very SEXY!! Thanks for helping me design the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader cake via email, considering it was a surprise to my groom and I couldn't discuss it at our cake tasting appointment. See you for the next cake Palermo's Bakery...

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Sarah P

The cake was included in my venue at Perona Farms, and before we even went for our tasting, all my friends and family were raving about the place. The tasting was amazing, we got about 30 HUGE samples to try and got to take them all home after. The day of the wedding, the cake arrived beautifully and it tasted AMAZING! All the guests loved it!

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Margo G

Our wedding venue had an exclusive relationship with Palermo's, so while they weren't necessarily a "vendor," the cake was out of this world. It was delicious and beautiful, so much so that I felt compelled to write a review. We did the dulce de leche cake, and it was even better than when we sampled it. Thank you Palermo's for clearly being one of the best in the business.

Perfect Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 dana g

Our Wedding Cake was more beautiful than I imagined. The details and design looked so elegant. Thank you Palermos for capturing the vision we were looking for!

Not impressed

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Alison M

I loved EVERYTHING about my wedding except the cake. Looks wise, it was really beautiful. The cake was included in the cost of my venue so we were limited with choices. Even for things we wanted to upgrade though, the cost was really ridiculous. My aunt owns a bakery so I have a fair basis for comparison. Because of this, we kept the decor of the cake simple. It looked beautiful, but the cake itself was nothing to write home about. The service was also really slow. I tried several times contacting customer service and was surprised just how long it took to respond.

Delicious AND Beautiful!!

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Jen K

The wedding cake turned out exactly how we wanted it.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Megan H

The cake came with our package at the Olde Mill Inn. Went to the cake tasting and was able to pick two different fillings that were delicious. The cake was exactly what we imagined. I did, however, have an issue getting a hold of the customer service. I had a heavier cake topper and wasn't able to talk to a customer service rep. Had to call about 3 times before I could actually talk to someone.

Delicious and dazzling wedding cake!

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Ashley B

Palermo Bakery provided such a stunningly beautiful cake for our wedding day at The Olde Mill Inn! It not only looked unique and gorgeous, but it tasted amazing too!! We had a delightful experience meeting with their staff in Ridgefield Park, trying various cakes and flavors, and selecting the design of our cake. I absolutely recommend Palermo Bakery for anyone looking to get the perfect wedding cake!

BEST wedding cake ever!

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Ashley D

Palermo's is awesome! When we went for our tasting, there were so many options to choose from (all of which were included in our package from our venue, The Park Savoy). Every single flavor was absolutely delicious...and my husband and I really aren't cake people to begin with. We couldn't stop eating it during the tasting! Palermo's worked with us to explain everything so there would be no questions, and were able to create the exact design we were hoping for. We received many compliments about how delicious and moist the cake was...and I think it's rare to have your guests actually comment on the cake at the end! :) Would definitely return to Palermo's as all their baked goods looked awesome, and the customer service was superb. Very happy with our decision, and absolutely recommend this bakery to others.

Reviewed on 3/10/2015 megan h

Our cake came complimentary with our venue. Sometimes when you hear "free" you hear "cheap". Not in this case! The cake was amazing! Everyone loved it! And it was so pretty! During the tasting they showed us pictures of basics that you can build off of. I had an idea and they ran with it! Amazing!

AMAZING !!!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Cathy A

Great customer service!

OMG! WOOHOOO

Reviewed on 2/20/2015 Christin M

I still stare at photos of our wedding cake, Palermo's did such an amazing job with decorating our wedding cake and it was SOOOOOO good they have a lot of options and are reasonably priced the tastings are very nice too :)

Reviewed on 1/29/2015 Kristine W

My wife and her family are patrons of Palermo Bakery for many years. Her father works in the area, and suggested that inquire about having them make our wedding cake. The wedding venue we chose worked with Palermo in the past, but no longer had a contract with them. After comparing Palermo to the cake that our venue offered, we knew that Palermo was the clear cut choice. Fortunately our venue was kind enough to allow the change, and we were able to order our cake from Palermo. The staff at Palermo were thorough and efficient. They explained everything to us in detail, and made sure that the cake came out exactly as we envisioned. When ordering, they provide samples of the many types of cake/filling that they offer. The cake arrived exactly as described on our wedding day, and was delicious. We highly recommend ordering baked goods from Palermo for any occasion!

Beautiful & Delicious!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Silvia B

Wedding cake was included in our package through the Westmount Country Club, and found that it was the case for most venues that we visited. Palermo's did an amazing job with our cake! My husband and I picked a simple cake, with vanilla buttercream & coconut filling. DELICIOUS! We made our appointment online, and went to their location; it is very busy, but we were given the attention and time that I was expecting for the consultation. I am not sure if I will be able to wait to have the cake on our anniversary, we may just order a mini version of our cake for our 6-month lol

Gorgeous Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Kristen S

My venue gave me a choice of 4 bakeries and I researched and taste tested every one of them. I chose Palermo Bakery because of the choices in cake flavors and design, professional and knowledgeable staff, and previous bride reviews I read online. I knew exactly what I wanted as far as the design and brought a picture with me to each bakery. Palermo was the only bakery that included everything I wanted without up charging. The woman who helped create my dream wedding cake drew a picture of what I was going to get and made suggestions for what I could add to it. My husband and I left feeling so excited and high on sugar! On our wedding day, the cake was absolutely stunning and even better than we imagined. All of our guests asked us who made the cake because it was so delicious! My husband and I are looking forward to our 1 year anniversary to dig in to the top tier ☺

Excellent cake!

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Kristy W

Our wedding cake looked and tasted absolutely amazing! We received nothing but compliments! Now we can't wait for our one year anniversary!

So delicious and pretty, too

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Donna M

Our venue recommended Palermo's Bakery in Ridgefield Park. We went to the consultation, which conveniently, you can schedule through their website, and were overwhelmed by the styles and flavors they offer couples. We loved the final design and the red velvet cake with cream cheese icing was a HUGE hit and made for awesome cake cutting pictures, too!

Cake tasted great!

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Jean l

Our cake was thru Palermo’s Bakery and it was included in our venue. We got to choose between what options were included and they even let us mix and match pieces of options we liked to make our cake a little unique. I will admit the woman we had for our tasting, while nice seemed to rush us thru the tasting, even though there was no one else there with us tasting or picking out cakes as we were only ones there. And I was worried about what we picked out because we felt rushed we had forgotten that we wanted to add a monogram to the one tier. I emailed her later to add the monogram to our cake and she made the changes for us. I kind of wished we hadn’t been rushed at the tasting so I could have remembered that we actually wanted to add that while we were there so I could see her notes. On our day our cake tasted and looked great. It was almost exactly what we wanted! Thankfully I didn’t notice it until a few days later when someone sent me a picture but our monogram were the wrong initials. Thankfully it didn’t matter to us as our cake still looked and tasted great! And so far no one else has noticed or said anything! In the end the real beauty of our cake was that it was ours and the overall look we wanted. Plus it tasted great!!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Olga B

Our appointment at Palermo's was last week. We met with our consultant Olga who was simply amazing. She was sweet, polite and made the whole experience wonderful. She helped us pick out and design the perfect cake to fit our theme and ideas. I wish all our vendor experiences are as awesome as this. I highly recommend Palermo's to any bride who wants a beautiful and delicious cake! I would also highly recommend Olga who was a total sweetheart and made the whole experience great. =D

Good product, but limited service...

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Elizabeth H

Palermo's provided the wedding cake and other items for our Viennese hour. When we met with the staff at our catering hall (Bridgewater Manor), we mentioned that my husband-to-be had a dietary restriction that involved dairy and would need a dairy-free cake. Since they weren't providing the cake themselves they told us to talk to Palermo's. Setting up the appointment was easy and the bakery itself is very nice. The person we met with was a little bit less than personable but she tried to help us out with the dairy issue. Unfortunately they were not able to accommodate our request, which made us have to purchase a separate cake for my husband. I understand that this doesn't necessarily make them a bad place to go to (everything was good by the way) but I think for a bakery that supplies so many catering halls with cakes they should be able to accommodate common dietary restrictions.

Delicious and Beautiful

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Tara I

My husband and I recently got married and worked with Palermo's in the ordering of our wedding cake. We are so pleased! The tasting was so fun and the finished product was delicious and beautiful. We would recommend Palermo's to any bride and groom looking for the perfect wedding cake. They do an amazing job!

TO Palermo Bakery