We are a Couture Invitation Design company.

We feature the most extensive and exclusive selection of custom invitations in Northern NJ! We handle all the printed elements and design necessary to help you brand and throw a spectacular event!

Custom Invitations, Save-The-Dates, Shower + Party Invitations, Wedding Invitations, Invitations + Paper Goods

13A West Hudson Avenue, Englewood, NJ (201) 569-4418

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Jessica G

From the start I knew I wanted a local invitation company. I liked some of the invites I was seeing online, but I was concerned that I wouldn't get the same attention to detail. Luckily, I found Paper Works and Events. Andrea, Alison and Danielle were creative, attentive and... Read More extremely detail-oriented. They were also very patient. My mom and I chose a sleek black and white invitation. But when my fiance saw it he was frustrated that there was no color. Andrea came into the shop ON A SATURDAY NIGHT to help us find a middle ground. And the result was breathtaking. I have worked with many graphic designers over the years. But Alison is light years above most designers I've worked with. The fonts, designs and layouts she creates are elegant and one-of-a-kind. She also has infinite patience for multiple changes and tweaks. Paper Works and Events helped me with my wedding from start to finish. That included invitations, thank you notes, escort cards, custom labels for welcome bags and custom labels for plastic water bottles. Every item they produced was upscale and sophisticated. Nothing cookie cutter here! If you are looking for something basic and inexpensive this may not be the place to turn. Paper Works and Events offers a wide array of designs and prices. But they excel in the high end. EVERYTHING is custom. This is not like going to a generic website and choosing a design from a list. Your invitations will reflect you, your taste and sensibility. Want to create a wow moment? Go to Paper Works and Events. Your guests will be talking about the invites for months to come!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Aliya H

My mother and I reviewed so many vendors however, after meeting with Andrea and her staff who are knowledgeable, responsive, sets clear expectations and delivers outstanding results which was worth every penny. Our invitations were simply breathtaking which set the tone for our... Read More wedding. Andrea, Allison and Danielle were so accommodating, their suggestions just made everything perfect. Not only were the invitations great, the Day of stationary was exceptional too!!! I would tell any bride that's shopping for invitations, Paper Works and Events is a must, I promise you will not be disappointed. Andrea and team, I can't thank you enough for making my day even more wonderful with your special touch!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Daniella K

THEY ARE AMAZING!!! Choosing Paper Works and Events for our wedding save the dates and invitations was one of the best decisions we made in planning our big day. As a graphic designer myself, I wanted to hire a team who would understand my eye for design and who would take my... Read More breath away. They did! And they were such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. They were extremely professional, artistic, and meticulous about every last detail. They went above and beyond my expectations in every single way and I would use them again in a heart beat! Don't look any further - this is definitely the place to go to!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016

I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. My mom and I had an appointment and when we walked in, Andrea (apparently the owner) did not even stand to greet us but said "we'll be right with you". There were no other clients at that time. Andrea finally came to us and said... Read More "when is the wedding" without even asking our names or introducing us. She then sat down and asked questions about the wedding (If we booked the flowers, photos etc.) which we thought were irrelevant since we told her this was the first place we went to shop for invitations and that we do not have an idea of what we want unless we see some samples. She gave us a couple of books to look at and when we asked for a notepad and paper, she did not want to supply since she said that they normally don't provide notepad and pen to their clients. We had to explain that it would be better for us to note what we like and be able to explain to our ideas since we would be looking at a lot of samples. She kept arguing with us to the point that my mom and I felt uncomfortable. I asked my mom if she wants to just leave since we did not feel Andrea or her staff were being helpful. Andrea said we just felt annoyed because of her questions about the wedding which was not even the case. My mom answered me back "Yes, let's leave" and Andrea responded "PLEASE DO!" in a very disrespectful tone. I have worked with many vendors for our wedding and they were all professionals and eager to have our business. This was the worst and glad we did not choose this place. Later that day, we went to Paper Source in Summit NJ and they were very professional and helpful and even provided a checklist and notepad without waiting for us to ask. Clients go with a business #1 for their quality of service which Andrea and staff did poorly.

2016-06-24T15:33:28 Response from the vendor

We are sorry you feel this way. At Paper Works and Events we strive to best serve our clients by focusing in on their needs. Anyone clearly should wonder about the discrepancy in your experience by reading all of our other reviews. You first called... Read Less Read More

Incredible!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Lauren M

We had our wedding invitations made with them and we were so impressed with how they came out and the time and energy put into them we decided to have all our wedding stationary made to match. Everything turned out exceptional, beyond our expectations! The team made us feel... Read More special and that we were important (did not matter the budget) - not always easy to find. They were professional & patient with us throughout the process; always had time to email or talk on the phone if we had any questions. Highly recommend them for any occasion & would certainly use them again!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Lauren B

It saddens me to see even one negative word written about Paper Works & Events, as I had the most incredible and personalized experience with them over the last four months of working together. And my wedding is still 11 days away! Admittedly, I wasn't very decisive during this... Read More process! My fiance (and Andrea and Alison) could vouch. After mailing me more samples of the color invitations I thought I had wanted during our meeting, I suddenly decided to change the entire scheme to black and white which the designers rolled with perfectly. Part of the reason I had so much trouble during this process with "other" vendors was because I couldn't visualize my options and nobody ever took any time to explain them to me while we looked through those awful binders the way Andrea did. But I received no less than 6 different invitation designs to choose from including a different/matching design for each insert as well. It was exactly what I needed to see laid out in front of me in order to start making decisions. After invitations went out, I had enlisted Paper Works to print a number of other items for our Wedding to ensure we'd have a cohesive look throughout all of our other stationary and signage as well. When budget became an issue, Andrea followed-up with me to tell me she found a way to print the pricey programs that I had my heart set on. I was so touched that she kept me in my mind when she found a cheaper option. Again, it was designed beautifully and they were super fast with proofs for my ceremony programs, cocktail napkins and reception menus. They are by far more than just a "printer." Their unique designs and suggestions were exactly what I needed and didn't know it. I would recommend starting the process about a month earlier than you think you should, though. There is a lot of back and forth required, and if you are anything like me and need time to perfect wording, then there's no point in rushing yourself. Just get it done, and use Paper Works!

Paper Works & Events- BOMB.COM

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Nancy A

This review is LONG overdue. When we first got engaged my husband and I were extremely indecisive about which vendor to choose for our invitations. We previously visited another vendor and it was AWFUL. After doing some serious research I came across Paper Works and Events.... Read More Upon entering their office I noticed how clean and organized everything was….such a breath of fresh air. I knew right away we were in the right place. After meeting with Andrea, Alison and Kerry the deal was sealed. Andrea was willing to work within our budget to make things work and I instantly fell in love. Our family & friends are still raving about how beautiful & elegant our invitations were. OH and how can I forget…the invitations smelled awesome!!! Yes they smelled awesome-it was some sort of powdery smell but was a great touch. We also ordered our church program and escort cards from these ladies as well. We highly recommend Paper Works and Events to those who are looking for high quality invitations with a wonderful staff!!! Thanks again ladies…you are the BOMB.COM! -Nancy & Dwayne

Wedding Invitation with Aplomb!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

Alison, Andrea and the team at Paperworks did an amazing job for our wedding invitations. Time was shorter than usual, requiring multiple work arounds to make it happen within the time required. Not only was the timelines met but the end result was beyond my expectations!... Read More Many invitees called, to say how much they loved their invitations. Thanks you guys for your help, diligence and support! I would recommend you to anyone without any hesitation!

not a very good experience

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Jennifer C

I had an appointment today to discuss wedding invitations for my upcoming June wedding. Well what a terrible experience I had. When I got home, I wrote them an e-mail... here is what I said. "Thank you for your time today. Unfortunately, I was not impressed with how my... Read More mother and I were treated. We felt as if you didn't want and need our business. We sat there looking at books not knowing what can be customized, not knowing the prices, while you sat at your desk with your feet up... Literally. You should have just told us you didn't want is there because that is exactly how we felt. I respect the fact that you wanted to give us time to browse through the books - however, you gave me post it notes to tag pages. Okay, I did that and you didn't do anything about it. You didn't discuss the pages I was interested in. At the very end you mentioned one price to me. Yes, I saw one other invitation company a week ago to browse through items because this is new for me and it should be fun... sadly, today wasn't. You were more interested in your "competition" than you were at gaining a new customer. I will be sure to write a truthful review of your company on "the knot" which is how I found you. I am very disappointed. Thank you for your time. Best of luck to you and your company." Good luck to those who use this company. Maybe I caught them on a bad day?

2014-08-13T14:49:23 Response from the vendor

This was our response to Jennifer's email: I’m sorry I did not respond to you sooner because I was in client meetings all afternoon and evening as well as all morning and just had the opportunity to read through my emails. I think answering an... Read Less Read More

Paper works and events

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Madeleine S

I worked with Alison starting with my save the dates (which she designed after hearing my vision, and they were amazing!!!) then they worked with me on invitations, escort cards, programs and menus! I always felt taken care of and all the work was beautiful! Alison always... Read More responded to emails promptly which was very important and something some other vendors did not! I would use paper works and events again and know that I would be getting amazing quality and still sticking to my budget!

Love Paper Works & Events!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Allison S

Paper Works and Events did an amazing job with my wedding invitations. They were absolutely perfect, modern and elegant. They worked with me one on one to make sure that I was 100% satisfied with the product and were very quick to respond to emails and any questions that I had.... Read More Andrea, Alison and Kerry were very professional and did everything to make sure that my invitations were exactly as I envisioned them. I highly recommend them and their business. I got so many compliments on my invitations!

Excellent

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 Amanda F

The attention and service we received was the best I have ever experienced. I felt like I was their only client, which is NOT the case. Our invitations were beautiful and we still receive complements on them almost two years later. Love, Love, Love!!!

The most amazing invitations ever

Reviewed on 3/08/2014 Joana S

I have to say, they created the most amazing invitations I have ever seen. We gave them a vision and they went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. Every detail was thought of and executed to perfection, from the invitations and envelopes to the programs, menus and... Read More place cards.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Antoinette H

Love my invitations and had a great time with Andrea who helped pick them out. My guest are raving about the invites.

Creative, professional, on-top-of-it team that is FUN to work with!

Reviewed on 12/28/2013 maria k

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was visiting Alison at Paper Works and Events! Though my fiance and I had an idea about the overall emotion we wanted the save-the-dates and invitations to convey, we really didn't have many specifics in mind. But, Alison... Read More listened to us and within a few minutes, figured out what we wanted before we really did. She pulled samples and fonts that she thought we would like -- and we did -- and she used those elements to design customized pieces for us to choose from. It was only a couple of days after we visited her that we received emails with four different custom designs to choose from. And when we wanted to mix and match aspects from one design with another, she was totally cool with that, made a new design, emailed that over a day later, and voila - we made our choice. Quick, efficient and fun. Also amazing - Alison is more concerned about the price of your product than you are! She doesn't want her brides to go broke and she works really hard to find cost-cutting alternatives in whatever design you choose. We managed to slash hundreds and hundreds of dollars off of the design we wanted -- without compromising our vision -- by making little tweaks here and there. The end result was a super fancy-looking product for a very reasonable price. Andrea and Kerry were also great to work with - as they helped us with the envelope-printing process when Alison was on vacation. They were always very accessible on the phone and email, made sure everything was just right in terms of fonts and the actual data, and even stayed late one night when we were stuck in traffic en route to picking up our goods. Thank you, ladies! The brides of Bergen County are very lucky to have you!

Best prices and amazing team to work with

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Liza F

I was a bride who knew exactly what I wanted. I was referred to paper works and events through a friend of a friend, after being quoted so high in NYC I decided to call. I forts spoke with Allison who within five minutes on the phone knew exactly what I was imagining she... Read More instantly sent me a sample via email. Andrea came in on her day off to meet with me and pick papers and color options. I got a larger invitation with envelope liners and hand calligraphy for less them I was be quoted in NYC for a smaller invitation. I also wanted a custom monogram and Allison spent countless hours and days perfecting until we found the right font. Hands down a great value for amazing service. I highly recommend.

Paper Works & Events

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Anne Marie W

I went to Paper Works & Events for my invitations. They were very easy to work with and helped me find invitations that matched my vision. They were very knowledgeable of the different types of invitations offered and pulled many types based on a basic description I gave.... Read More The only reason I took off stars was because after initially selecting an invitation, I brought in my husband to officially select and order the invitation less than 2 weeks later. Unfortunately, since it was the end of the year, the invitation was no longer available. I wish I had known that the turn-around time for invitations was so quick! I had to start the whole process over. It ended up working out and I found an invitation I liked (although a second order had to be placed because the ink didn't match - it was obviously free of charge), but make sure if you like something, to ask if it will still be available the next time you come in.

Elegant Invitations & More!

Reviewed on 6/29/2013 Janice L

Wow . . . my invitations, place cards, and wedding programs exceeded my expectations! Working with Andrea and Alison was a pleasure from the moment we walked in to discuss invitations. Their patience and talent in finding and designing the right invitations/programs/place cards... Read More is unmatched! My guests were amazed at the elegance and beauty of their work and products! We received so many compliments! I've already started sending friends to them! They made the entire experience an amazing pleasure! I would strongly suggest you check out Paper Works and Events!

Alison is simply amazing, and worth every penny!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Jennifer F

Let me just start by saying that Alison, who designed our wedding invitations, as well as our menus, programs and place cards, is literally an artistic genius! I started the wedding planning process thinking that we would just pick the simplest possible invitations and be done... Read More with it. However, once we spoke to Alison, and we heard all of her amazing ideas, we were sold. She created the most elegant invitations I have ever seen. It was like she went inside my head and created what I did not even know I wanted. There were dozens of guests who commented on how beautiful they were. I also saved myself a lot of headache by having Alison design and print our wedding programs. For a very reasonable price (I essentially told her all I could pay for them, and she found materials that would work in that budget), she created what ultimately matched my invitations in design and color scheme (she even used some of the same design elements she created especially for me), and delivered a gorgeous finished product that I did not have to then sit and start folding, tying ribbons to, etc. I just literally cannot say enough about Alison's work. She truly is exceptional at her job. She and Andrea worked really hard to make my husband and I happy.

Personalized service, excellent product

Reviewed on 12/26/2012 Dana V

We originally found Paper Works and Events through the Knot but later found out that several friends / family friends had used them with nothing but fabulous things to say. We ended up using their services for our wedding invitations, menu's, place cards and table numbers.... Read More Alison and Andrea were a huge help! They were kind enough to stay late past store hours to meet one-on-one since we were unable to get there earlier during work hours, and they helped us create one-of-a-kind invitations that were exactly what we were looking for! They were also patient and helpful in getting things done on short notice as we had delays from RSVP's and hurricane sandy. We were so happy with the end products and had so many positive comments on our invitations! We would absolutely recommend Paper Works and Events to anyone interested in creating custom or pre-designed invitations, etc. for their next event!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Christina I

Andrea, Alison and the entire paper works team did an amazing job designing and fabricating all of the paper goods for our wedding. They were easy to work with, quick to respond to any emails or phone calls, and delivered on time! Guests were blown away when they saw our... Read More custom "save the dates", invites, and other items. Paperworks really helped us hone in on a theme for the wedding and gave the event a polished feel that would not have otherwise been possible. When we visited other "custom" invitation shops most were trying to sell the same invite client to client, with the names changed. When we visited paperworks, they were game for anything. I honestly think if we asked them to print the invite on sheetrock they would have done it. They are really that accommodating and creative! Working with them was a pleasure. The way they present their proofs is miles above most other professional graphics houses. I wish they did more than invites!

amazing!!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 Ruthie A

Andrea and Allison are amazing! They helped make my invitation incredibly unique and they were consistently timely, professional, and helpful. Having such great people to work with took a huge load off the traditional wedding stress. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

The BEST!!!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2012 Kelly M

Paper Works and Events is fabulous! I came in with a vision and they made it happen! They made my save the dates, invitations, programs, and escort cards, and it all looked STUNNING! I received MANY compliments. They are professionals and amazing at what they do. I was so happy... Read More with the outcome of everything. I have nothing but great things to say about Paper Works and Events.

Great job!

Reviewed on 5/24/2012 michelle B

I loved working with Paper Works and Events. Alison was incredibly sweet and always very responsive. After a not so great experience with another vendor that did our invitations we decided to go with another company for the rest of our wedding stationary. Paper Works did an... Read More incredible job giving our stationary a cohesive look to the invites we previously had done. We were very happy with our programs, menus, and table numbers. So happy we recently had them do our personal monogrammed stationary. Alison was very knowledgeable and always honest, even suggesting less expensive options where it didn't make sense to spend more money. I loved that! Overall we were very happy with the service Paper Works provided.

Incredible!

Reviewed on 4/23/2012 Cindy V

After ordering Save the Dates through a magnet company and being thoroughly disappointed, I found Paper Works and Events. They are amazing! Alison, Andrea, and Ana are all incredibly talented and were such a pleasure to work with. I ended up with the most amazing Save the... Read More Dates, invitations, and rehearsal dinner invites too! They listened to what we wanted and helped us create the most perfect invites for our wedding. In the future, I will use their expertise for invitations and stationery. Hands down, one of the best decisions I made was using Paper Works and Events for our wedding!

Start a Conversation!