Bridal Shop located in the San Francisco Bay Area

Papers and Petals Bridal offers you a friendly atmosphere, years of expertise, and the best selection of gowns and bridal accessories in the Bay Area. The cheerful ambiance of our store is warm and inviting, ensuring that you feel comfortable. We are committed to service, quality and reliability.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

1419 Burlingame Ave, Burlingame, CA (650) 347-4074

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Susan I

Georgette and her staff helped me find a beautiful dress. My family and friends were wowed, and my husband was overjoyed by the dress. I'd definitely recommend the store to other brides.

2016-04-15T17:59:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review and so happy your hubby loved the way you looked in your dress. Congratulations on your wedding.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 8/10/2014

I don't typically write reviews but the customer care I received from Papers and Petals was beyond my expectations. I was in a really tight bind because I needed a Watters and Watters dress ASAP and couldn't get it sent to me in time by any other vendor. I just have to say that... Read More the owner of the store is incredibly responsive, kind, and accountable. Nothing means more to me than being able to work with someone who demonstrates notable customer service. Thank you P & P.

Personal Service

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Stephanie M

My best friend got her wedding dress here a year before I started looking and since it's down the street from my work I thought I'd give it a shot. They have a great selection and I ended up buying the first dress I tried on (after trying on several as well as some at another... Read More location). We also bought some of my bridesmaid dresses here as well. I was nervous about the timing as we bought those a little later, but everything came in plenty of time and they measure well as all my bridesmaids did not need any alterations!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Kayla U

I can’t say enough good things about the ladies at Papers and Petals. When we first arrived, I thought I had already found my dress, but once I came in and described what I was looking for, it was evident that the dress I had found was NOT “the one.” Georgette has an amazing eye... Read More for style and personality, and the first dress she put on me was the perfect dress and the one I ultimately purchased. All the fittings also were extremely smooth – the staff was very professional and talented, and they were able to make the small alterations I wanted to the dress. The whole team always had my best interest at heart and was always honest and helpful with us. From a personnel standpoint, I feel that Papers and Petals cannot be beat. Georgette has hired a lovely group that is friendly, kind, supportive, and just fun to be around. All of my bridesmaids, my mom, and myself all had so much fun every time we went to the shop and always walked out laughing. Georgette and her team felt like family and we were so grateful for their support and friendship throughout the process. I am so grateful that we found them and would recommend them to every bride! Their service and the quality of their dresses cannot be beat.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Kelsey A

I had the best experience with Georgette and the rest of the staff at Papers and Petals. They were so friendly and knowledgeable. Georgette was able to pick out the perfect gown for me that was in my budget right away, and did not try to up sell me at all. She was transparent... Read More about the alterations process, and was so thoughtful throughout the experience. Her attention to detail eased my nerves, and helped me find the perfect dress for my day.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Lisa R

for the price, I expected expert alterations. Instead, it took them multiple times to get the hem even and when they rushed, something else would be wrong. The final straw was when they handed me the dress again and it had a big hole in the lace sleeve. Completely... Read More unacceptable. No care given to my designer dress that I luckily did not buy there.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Kristin L

DO NOT CHOOSE THIS BOUTIQUE. This experience was absolutely horrendous. I am a bridesmaid in my brothers wedding, and his fiancée decided to order from Paper and Petals. After waiting for my dress to arrive MUCH later than it was promised, I was told that I needed to come to the... Read More boutique for a fitting. The shop refused to allow me to schedule a fitting for the weekend, which was frustrating. I scheduled an appointment and sat in more than an hour of traffic from San Francisco, then arrived at the shop. I was rudely greeted, and left alone in the shop for several minutes while they went to find my dress (since I had an appointment, I would expect them to maybe have my dress ready to go?). I tried on my dress that was about 6" too long. As this was a fitting, I thought she might help me pin my dress or give me feedback. Instead, I was told "the dress looks like it fits ok. You should take it somewhere to get hemmed." I don't know why I had to bother to drive to this store on a weekday to be treated poorly and pushed out the door. Clearly, this shop cares about making a sale. Once they have your money, you are worthless to them. Implorable customer experience, and every member of the bridal party had similar or WORSE experiences.

2016-09-28T19:57:57 Response from the vendor

Dear Krissy, My name is Carolyn I manage the social media for Papers and Petals Bridal. I was very surprised to see the reviews you posted; and wanted to clarify a few points after carefully reviewing your file. 1. The bridesmaid dresses were ordered on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Laura K

Love love love!

perfect

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 MJ C

This is the first place I went to when I was looking. I went with my mom, aunt and MoH. It was a small bridal boutique and they are known to be expensive but I want to find my perfect wedding dress. The assistant (I forgot her name but I remember she just got engaged and it... Read More was her first day back when I went there) was so helpful. I believe I tried 8 dresses. She was good with suggesting the gowns that I really had in mind. I wanted a princess still poofy gown, lace and covers the chest area. She found it at the last minute because she thought that they dont have it in store. My gown is a Justin Alexander 8726 in Ivory and Im so in love with it. The first time I tried it, I dont want to remove it anymore. The gown was expensive but it was really what I wanted so I bought it. The veil was also expensive but it has the lace that matches my gown so I bought it. I paid another extra for the veil because apparently it doesnt come with the "front part" so they have to put it in. The alteration WAS REALLY expensive. The first trial after the alteration which was 1 week before the wedding didnt go well so they have to keep it and I have to pick it up 3 days before the wedding. Good thing I have a bridal shower on the area so I was able to go. I leave 1 hour away. But all in all I love my gown, I love the service and they are all so nice. if you want to go to this shop. you should be willing to shell out a huge amount of money but it will be worth it. All there gowns are amazing.

Excellent customer service and family atmsphere

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Meghan H

I bought my gown at another salon, which didn't do in-house alterations. I brought my sister, who is my MOH, to Papers and Petals to find a dress; Georgette could not have been more friendly and welcoming! She nailed the style of dress my sister wanted and was extremely kind... Read More about my nephew running around the store. She and her son, Bill, did the alterations on my wedding dress, and took extensive time to make sure every layer was hemmed to perfection. When we brought my mother in to find her mother of the bride dress, the staff was sweet and attentive. They found my mom the PERFECT dress and made her feel beautiful. The salon has a family-friendly attitude and is willing to work with you to make your wedding style come together. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Knowing costs up front helps you makes the best decisions for your budget, and the salon can be better prepared to help you work within that budget. I am grateful for Georgette's help and I'm so glad we found Papers and Petals.

Finally Found Mother of Groom Gown

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Nancy B

After 7 Saturdays of intense shopping for a formal wedding, I went to Petals & Papers Bridal and found several gowns that I had not seen anywhere else. My gown is distinctive and perfect! Georgette and another sales person were helpful, attentive, and great! I am thrilled with... Read More my gown and will definitely return to shop when I need formal attire for an event.

wedding dress

Reviewed on 11/01/2013 melissa f

The staff are helpful and friendly and there is a huge selection of both wedding and bridesmaid dresses. They also have resonably priced in house alterations, but I had to have multiple fittings and in the end my dress still did not fit perfect.

I LOVED MY WEDDING DRESS

Reviewed on 3/17/2013 Kendra M

I looked for wedding dresses everywhere and happened to stumble on Papers and Petals which happened to be near my home by accident. Happily, the dress wasn't over the top expensive and it was easy to schedule fittings. I ended up buying my bridesmaids dresses there also.

Found a dress that I love

Reviewed on 3/06/2013 Shiela T

After countless searching, we booked a last minute appointment here and they're very nice accommodating me early in the morning. I was taken around the shop and they have an extensive collection of gowns. I settled on a Private Label by G. It was a contender but I never had... Read More the time to go back so I looked for the same style in Colorado but never found it.

DO NOT GO HERE!

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Angela May V

I read the horrible Yelp reviews for this place and STILL decided to give it a chance. But it was NOT worth it, the owner is HORRIBLE! She is condescending, and she acts like a car salesman. Always trying to upsell you or make you think what you are wearing is "The ONE!" she is... Read More aggressive and unpleasant. Alterations WILL cost you AT LEAST $700 plus. Please do not go here, save yourself the headache!

Good Selection

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Katie K

I found the dress I wanted with in my budget, they had a very good selection and were nice to work with.

Great place with lots of selection

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Jennifer A

After having no luck dress shopping all day, we decided to call Papers and Petals on a whim to see if we could come check out their stock on a Saturday. Most people know, wedding dress shops on weekends are a mad house. They were more than happy to have us come by without an... Read More appointment! While they were busy, they were able to get me a room and have me try on dresses without making me feel like a "number" or rushed at all. I eventually found my dress, and after coming back to the store 3 times to try it on just to be sure I was able to put down a credit card and seal the deal. The only thing that made me give them a 4 star instead of 5 stars was they didn't tell me that I was considered a "plus size" and later charged my credit card an additional $200+ without telling me. When I called to ask what the charge was for, I was told "don't worry I'll take care of you" but I never knew how. While that set me off a little, I didn't want it to ruin the feelings I had for my dress. When it came in I received a call to set up my alterations. When I arrived to my appointment, she had it all set up for me in a dressing room - no waiting around! The alterations took 1 week. While I didn't comparison shop for prices, this place gave me the dress I wanted for a decent price.

Wedding dress

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Kristin D

The shop that I found my dress at was great. It was small but had lots to choose from. I even found my bridesmaids dresses there as well! The whole process of choosing a dress was fun and stress free. I added a heart on my dress from a tie of my dads and they put that on for me... Read More free of charge!

WONDERFUL TEAM

Reviewed on 7/15/2012 Sonia K

The team at Papers and Petals led by Georgette, is wonderful at what they do. Not too pushy with sales, wide selection of dresses, candid expert opinions, phenomenal seamstress Gloria, fun to have them be a part of your wedding dress experience.

Amazing service!

Reviewed on 5/25/2012 Amy F

I actually found the dress I decided on for my wedding (but bought it second hand somewhere else because I couldn't afford the full price). That said, they had a great selection, their stock was in really good shape, I had not one, but two, dedicated shop helpers, and overall... Read More was just very happy with my experience! The second time I went was to see if they would be open to altering my dress even though I bought it somewhere else. (I did this because they seemed so comfortable with what was possible and I had bad luck somewhere else.) I met with the owner, and she was so sweet and truly cared. She REALLY HELPED me by being willing to have the dress altered through her, and then by even bringing her price down to help us out! I'm astounded! When I got the dress back the seamstress went out of her way again to make some tiny bead adjustments, and they do the BEST bustle! My dress was super heavy and nothing broke. Also, they color coordinated the bustle so it would be easy to match up when it came time to bustle the dress after the ceremony. I loved this place!

Diasaster Averted

Reviewed on 1/15/2012 Kelsy H

I didn't get my dress here because I was living in Omaha but my wedding was in California. My other shop botched my dress alterations and they saved the day with just 3 weeks to go. It was awesome and I owe them.

Variety and Great Service

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Darcy M

They have a great selection of wedding dresses. They are very easy to work with and make you feel very special! They complete the alterations quickly and perfectly!

Kinda Pricey, but Good Selection

Reviewed on 6/24/2011 Trudy F

Great Selection. More Bridesmaid dresses than I have seen anywhere. Got my girls dresses here. Long shipping time (I am sure that this was the producers fault though). Very happy with the bridesmaid dresses. Only my Jr. Bridesmaid had issues. She was told that they were... Read More ordering her a kids 14 and they sent a women's 4!!! It was a lot of trips to the seamstress to make that work. Got my wedding dress altered and cleaned here as well. VERY PRICEY. Paid almost $900 for cleaning and alterations! Could not believe they charged that much. But it turned out perfect. Fit like a glove and no complaints about the quality of the work.

Dress Shopping

Reviewed on 10/15/2010 Cierra A

Papers and Petals was the very first bridal shop I looked at when it came to looking for my wedding dress. Jessica was such a great help, and actually picked out what she thought was the best dress for me...and she knows her stuff because that is the exact dress I wore on my... Read More wedding day!

Helpful, but seamstress not that great

Reviewed on 10/13/2010 Rachel R

I got all of my bridesmaids dresses and my dress altered from here. They are very helpful and nice, but the seamstress they use to do all of the work although good, takes 5 times to get something right when you told her the first time to do it. Very frustrating. Other then... Read More that good experience.