Paradise Point Resort & Spa

San Diego, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Paradise Point - San Diego's Wedding Island

Situated on a 44-acre island in the heart of San Diego; 60,000 sqft of stunning ceremony and reception venues. With lush gardens and lawns, white beaches, and elegant ballrooms, it's the ideal place to say “I do”. Visit our website to learn about our Venue Package, a $3500 value for only $2500!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Park, Restaurant

Food + Catering

1404 Vacation Road, San Diego, CA

Paradise Point is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Mandy W

Paradise Point is a breathtaking place to get married- the grounds are immaculately cared for and the setting of being right on the bay is amazing. The staff are all wonderful and made our day absolutely perfect. I would 100% recommend Paradise Point for a wedding venue!

5 star wedding

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Jennifer W

Karen made sure that everything was perfect for my wedding from the food to the landscape, she helped make my day rock!

Paradise Point Resort was my dream weddding!

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Lindsay C

Paradise Point Resort was the first venue I looked at when visiting different venues for my July 21st 2012 wedding of 120 guests. After visiting Paradise Point, I compared every other venue to it, and it could not be beat! We knew we wanted an outdoor wedding near/on the beach.... Read More We loved the tropical flair that Paradise Point had to offer. It gave the feel of a Hawaiian destination wedding without the travel. It was not the cheapest venue around, but other cheaper Hawaiian themed hotels in the area did not portray the "class and elegance" I wanted. Serving chicken/fish and open bar with wine/beer and including resort service fees and taxes will cost you about $180 person. Their wedding package does include your cake, linens,premium open bar at cocktail hour and night of wedding suite for the bride/groom. You will need to rent a separate suite for the bridal party to get ready in on the day, that is not included. There is no other resort like Paradise Point in San Diego, Orange County or LA, trust me, I've looked! Julie Arroyo, the catering manager, was amazing! She was a true professional, incredibly sweet, personable, accommodating and was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She is honest and keeps to her word and there were no "surprise" fees or charges that showed up at the end of our wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure my day was flawless. I felt like she was a good friend of hers and I was the only bride planning my wedding there when dealing with her. She never once mixed me up with another bride or wedding and made us feel confident we would be taken care of. The food at the wedding was perfection! It was just as good at the wedding as it was at our tasting. We received so many compliments from guests how good it was. Not your typical wedding food! Our cake was delicious and gorgeous and we were so happy with Flour Power bakery (you get to choose from 2 bakeries)! We got married at the Pine Hill ceremony site, which was an intimate tropical garden location. Our cocktail hour was on the decks outside the Sunset ballroom and the reception was held in the Sunset ballroom that overlooked Mission Bay.The resort itself has a few customer service issues, but nothing major. I would highly reccommend Paradise Point for your wedding! They have multiple cermony locations and reception ballrooms to choose from and can accommodate small 10 person weddings to as many as 500 people I think. Our guests really enjoyed staying at the resort and using the amenities the resort offers and told me that even being local San Diego and LA residents, they felt like they were "somewhere else" during the wedding and their stay. I can't wait to get our pictures back because there are so many gorgeous backgrounds on the property from sand beaches, ponds, gazebo,tropical greenery, boat docks, bridge, etc!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Laurie U

We had both our ceremony and reception at Paradise Point and it was absolutely fabulous! We live in Hawaii but our family is on the mainland so we wanted to bring Hawaii to California and Paradise Point was the perfect place to do so. It is so tropical it really is a little... Read More oasis. So many people saw our pictures and thought we actually got married in Hawaii! The venue was perfect in every way for us. They were so accommodating to all of our wishes from making sure guests with dietary restrictions were happy to allowing us to have a sparkler exit. When we booked we worked with Nicole Curtis who then had a baby so we worked with Sherri while Nicole was on maternity leave. Nicole decided to be a stay-at-home mom so they hired on Stacey Chrisman. Usually when you hear of turnover it's a bad thing, but in this case it is totally understandable and all three ladies we worked with were amazing and not a single detail was missed through the transitions. Our first time meeting Stacey was the day before our wedding and she had everything perfectly under control. We're really happy she was running the show! The food was AMAZING. The tasting made us sure we chose the right venue and even our photographer said it's a top favorite among vendors for food. We got married at Pine Hill and it was beautiful, so secluded and tropical. I was worried about my dress train getting dirty from duck poop but before the ceremony they hosed down all the major walkways for us with plenty of time to dry. The pictures were breathtaking and we appreciated a golf cart to take us to some awesome spots. Everyone was so friendly too, we even got a free dessert the day before at lunch at the Barefoot Grill since we were getting married. They also upgraded our bridal/honeymoon suite from the garden bungalow to the beach bungalow for free! We couldn't be happier with our decision to get married at Paradise Point!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Aaron A

Everything was great, with the exception that we had 4 different onsite wedding coordinator/planners, including a switch 2 days before our wedding. We had Jacqueline last who we wished we had from the start because she was great. Other than that the venue was absolutely... Read More beautiful. We got a lot of very positive reviews from our guests. Thank you.

Rude Management Staff

Reviewed on 1/29/2015 Caroline L

I looked into this venue for both my wedding, which was far out of my price range unfortunately, and for a room block since we wanted several of our midwest and east coast guests to experience a quintessential San Diego style resort. Both attempts to inquire about wedding venue... Read More and room block left me feeling like they were not at all interested in accommodating me. The sales manager for the rooms simply didn't respond after a few email exchanges. It's really unfortunate because it looks like a beautiful resort, but I'd rather not give them my business if that's how they treat prospective customers.

2015-02-02T14:17:12 Response from the vendor

Hello, I'm sorry about any miscommunication here at Paradise Point. We definitely want to give you a better experience and if you would, please call me to discuss. Thank you and Congratulations. Mike Parker Sales Manager 1-858-581-5923

Ceremony Site

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 ambar o

We got married at the Pine Hill section, and all of our guest felt in love with the place. It's very private and everybody was super friendly with us, it was very nice working with them!. We would go back to stay a night, great rooms.

Gorgeous Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 pari k

I looked at many venue's in the San Diego area and Paradise Point is hands down the most beautiful. Since it is such a large property you have your choice between several ceremony and reception locations, not to mention all the great places for pictures! From beginning to end... Read More Julie took great care of us. She is very knowledgeable, professional, and accommodating. I have to say, the day ran without a hitch and it truly was my dream wedding.

Wedding 6/8/13

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Pamela C

Couldn't ask for a better place to have our wedding! It was everything we could hope for and more! The venue, people that worked there, and food was perfect. Would give them an A+++++! Thank you so much for making our wedding so amazing and a day we will never forget!

Fun and Fabulous

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Barbara M

I was so pleased with the level of service and quality we received. Julie was always so kind and generous and made sure our wedding went off without a hitch! The chef was incredible and even created a custom menu for us. Everything was delicious. The accommodations at the resort... Read More were beyond compare and the beauty of the ceremony and reception locations is unsurpassed. I couldn't have been happier!

Mary and Randy's wedding

Reviewed on 5/23/2013

One word sums up the service, food, people... AMAZING! Such a memorable place, I'm happy my husband and I got married here! I worked with Julie Arroyo the whole entire time and she was a pleasure to work with, she was helpful to all my needs. All our guests said they loved the... Read More place and the food. Everything was majical. Definetely five stars all the way around!

Paradise Point Resort - San Diego

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Emma R

Our wedding was the best day of our life and to top it all off our vendors were spectacular! Paradise Point & Resort (PPR) was professional and wonderful to work with from the day we first went to look at the location through our wedding day. We held both our wedding and... Read More rehearsal dinner on site and many of our guests (approximately half) stayed at the resort. Our coordinator (Julie) made us feel like our wedding was the only one she was planning and we were able to make a great connection with her. Some of the highlights: - Incredible location and we were able to access all of the grounds during the day for pictures. Very private location. - The food and dinner service were excellent. We went with a lobster bisque for dinner and guests are still talking about it! (the presentation of the soup with the pastry was awesome)Everyone had hot food and dinner service was appropriately staffed and appropriately timed. - The banquet hall was beautiful and all amenities needed by the guests were in excellent condition. We had a last minute change in location for cocktail hour and the transistion was seemless! Six months later, we are still talking about our wedding and many of our guests are too. PPR has a great staff and an amazing location to through an unforgettable wedding!

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 Ashleigh L

The resort was beautiful but the company nickel and dimed us for everything.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Jenn w

We had our wedding on the Island Point Lawn (luscious, intimate setting for 80 or less) amd our reception atthe dockside ballroom. The beauty of this location is indescribable; 44 acres of lush tropical landscaping, bay views, beach areas, bridges, ponds...endless opportunities... Read More for beautiful pictures. Our catering manager was Karen Cipolla and she was wonderful. Karen was a great resource, friendly and professional and answered all of our (many) questions in a timely manner. The only regret I have is that the golf cart rental didn't work out as we had expected. We were told that the cart could drive us all over the facility (at an additional price) and would take us to all the "sweet spots" for the best pictures all over the island...Unfortunately, our cart driver disappeared as soon as he dropped me off for our "sneak peek"...and took the photographer's extra equipment with him! He didn't return until half an hour later, and by then we only had time to grab a few bridal party pics before it was time to go. So disappointed we weren't able to get our full money's worth, but for the record the cart driver was very friendly. Moral of the story, make sure to clarify that the golf cart will stick around if you use it but the venue is still amazing and totally worth it.

The Perfect Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 4/12/2012 L G

My husband and I were engaged and married within 4 months- not a long time to plan a wedding at all. We decided we wanted a small, intimate wedding far away from our cold midwest winter. We found Paradise Point on the Knot and picked it based on the reviews, website pictures,... Read More and conversations with the staff. I could only hope the location would be pretty as I had never been there before. When I pulled up the day before my wedding I knew we had made the right choice. The location was beautiful, the staff was so kind and helpful. We chose the Island Point Lawn- which is even smaller than it looks on the website, but was absolutely perfect for our small wedding of only 30 guests. was intimate and elegant. I had an amazing view of the bay while saying my vows without having to get sand between my toes. Everything went smoothly. And we got the most amazing wedding pictures- there is a variety of beautiful settings to take pictures, so be sure to invest in a good photographer. There was even a golf cart available to drive us around the grounds of the resort so we could get pictures in a variety of settings! I wouldn't have changed one single thing about our special day.

Catering Manager is AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/25/2011 Rachel G

Julie Arroyo is the BEST! She always available when you need her. She is so great to work with. Besides the amazing staff at Paradise Point, this location is wonderful. We really wanted to be married next to the water, but had older family we had to accommodate. Our ceremony... Read More took place on Paradise lawn. Which worked perfect for every ones needs. This property is absolutely perfect for pictures. The Landscaping is gorgeous. We love Paradise Point and look forward to future visits there.

2012-01-10T16:55:59 Response from Jennifer , the member

How were the guest rooms at Paradise Point? I've been reading some reviews that the rooms are in poor shape, outdated, etc. Please let me know your thoughts on the rooms as we are considering Paradise Point for our wedding in September. Thanks!

Wonderful venue for an outdoor wedding

Reviewed on 9/03/2011 Angela P

From the beautiful ceremony site(we chose Island Point for our small group) to the attention to detail shown by the staff, our wedding experience at Paradise Point was perfect. Our guests raved about the drinks, food and setting. The sunset over Mission Bay and the nighttime... Read More breeze were added bonuses to our day.

Paradise Point - The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 8/24/2011 Marcina M

We cannot say enough good things about Paradise Point resort. Our wedding was perfect! Due to the wonderful Julie Arroyo! The minute we met Julie and saw the gorgeous property we knew this was the place we wanted to get married! We had a small wedding, but never once did I... Read More feel like that made a difference to them. We choose a wedding package that put other resorts and wedding venues to shame. What I loved most was that even though we went with a wedding package, we really were in control of what we wanted! And Julie was there for every question or concern. Her energy and passion for what she does makes all the difference. Our guests haven’t stopped talking about how delicious the food was or how amazing the venue was. Our banquet staff was top notch and our banquet captain, Hector – by far the best! I’m telling all my friends to get married there – just so we can go back!

Amazing Bay views!

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Kelly N

Paradise point was over the top! Excellent in everway. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they've ever had! The sunset ballroom was beautiful.

Paradise Point

Reviewed on 5/18/2011 Teresa A

I chose this hotel so we could get married right outside the room; it was beautiful. Unfortunately, they sent us champaigne with broken glasses (we called repeatedly to have them relapced and no one ever came), there was no fan in the bathroom so there was a lot of mildew, and... Read More while the overall price is good, the hotel is old and needs a few updates.

Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 3/01/2011 Kristen D

Paradise Point was a wonderful venue for our February wedding! The property is gorgeous, the food was amazing and the service was phenomenal. My entire bridal party had their hair and make up done at the spa and we were all very pleased. Our catering contact was very... Read More professional and attentive through out the entire process. She was even there for the start of our ceremony. Our friends and family were all blown away with the property and our reception. My husband and I would definitely recommend Paradise Point Resort & Spa.

My Wedding in Paradise

Reviewed on 11/15/2010 Dana G

As a couple we are known for getaways and vacations, so we needed a local place that would give the feeling of being off on a tropical island. Paradise Point was it. The weather, the views, the gardens, ocean, waterfalls etc. made it easy to plan without for need to decor setup.... Read More The ballrooms attached to the dock were perfect for our cocktail hour and reception. No complaints about service either, which is always great! The only problem was the wait staff taking plates before our guest were finished with each portion of the meal, from the salad to the cake.

My Wedding

Reviewed on 11/14/2010 Michelle M

My ceremony and reception were at Baleen Restaurant, which was very beautiful. They overcharged on my cake cutting, but the front desk took care of that. The room we stayed at was supposed to be upgraded, which it wasn't. The bell staff was extremely nice driving me around... Read More the resort for my wedding pictures, but the front desk was not nice and almost rude.

A Wonderful Honeymoon

Reviewed on 11/08/2010 Colene T

My husband and I first came here on our first weekend getaway when we were first dating. When we thought of a honeymoon destination, we couldn't think of anywhere better than Paradise Point. We love that this place is off the beaten path. It's very relaxing and quiet. Another... Read More great thing is that Paradise Point isn't far from all of the great places that San Diego has to offer. We can't wait to go back.

Review for Paradise Point Resort & Spa

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Andrea Z

Outside the reception ballroom was so lush and green for the cocktail hour and the room was clean and set-up by the resort staff exactly as we planned.