The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Couples searching for an ideal wedding destination in Aurora, Illinois, love Paramount's Meyer Ballroom. Located on a small island in the Fox River, this riverside venue is ideal for grand, elegant wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Meyer Ballroom. With floor-to-ceiling windows and a seasonal patio overlooking the Fox River, the venue's grand ballroom is a fantastic spot to host your wedding. It holds a minimum of 100 guests for Friday and Sunday receptions and 120 guests for Saturday receptions.

Grand Gallery. This contemporary area offers modern lighting, intricate hand-painted ceilings, a wraparound indoor balcony with stairs, beautiful arches and brick walls. Couples that rent this space get exclusive access to Theater's marquee, four flat-screen monitors and a bridal suite on the second floor for the bridal party. The large staircase provides a beautiful entrance for every bride.

Couples who choose Paramount's Meyer Ballroom for their nuptials begin their journey with a professional event coordinator and a full staff to plan their ceremony and reception. Your wedding coordinator is on site throughout your event. Each package comes with:

• Six-hour reception (excluding setup and cleanup times)
  • Four-hour open bar
  • Champagne toast for the head table
  • House wine served during dinner
  • Setup and cleanup
  • Tables, chairs and all linens
  • Choice of black or white floor-length tablecloths and chair covers
  • Beautiful silk flower centerpieces with a votive and mirror for each table

Couples that book their wedding in the Meyer Ballroom receive a treat for guests to a follow-up date with a complimentary ticket to the next Paramount Theatre Broadway show at the venue. Outside vendors are welcome. A full list of preferred caterers and other vendors is available with the wedding contract.

A seasonal coat service is available for guests. Security is available on site during all events. The wedding party can arrive up to three hours before the reception for decorating. This venue offers a spacious parking area on North River Street. The lot connects directly to the Hollywood Casino-Aurora that has a private walkway under West New York Street that leads to Theater.

Paramount's Meyer Ballroom offers a private inside entrance to the 53,000-square-foot Hollywood Casino-Aurora. With 26 game tables and more than 1,100 slots, you and your guests can try your luck before or after your nuptials. Denominations vary so there's no need to worry about breaking the bank. Just roll the dice and have some fun.

Let us make your wedding our next big production.

The impressive, newly-renovated Meyer Ballroom in the North Island Center next to the Hollywood Casino is the largest space of Paramount Events with endless possibilities. With three individual ballrooms that join into one massive space, the Meyer Ballroom is ready for your next huge production. The jaw-dropping space includes floor to ceiling windows with panoramic views of the historic Paramount Theatre and beautiful Fox River. We here at Paramount's Meyer Ballroom produce shows for a living. Let us make your wedding our next big production. SPECIAL DISCOUNTS 15% discount for receptions through September 2017 10% discount for 180+ guests available year round Book your wedding with us within 30 days of your site visit, and your wedding will be upgraded to the Premium Bar Package for free

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

8 E Galena Blvd, Aurora, IL (630) 723-2468

Reviewed on 8/29/2015

My husband and I had our reception there at the end of July. We got engaged in February so it was quick planning and the Paramount was amazing the entire way. The space itself was beautiful and a great value (we were not looking to spend a lot). It overlooks the river with a... Read More whole wall of windows and has pretty dark laminate/wood floors. Everyone we worked with was very responsive and professional. Kelsey was our coordinator and she was AMAZING! She was so helpful along the way and went over every detail with me, especially the ones I hadn't even though of. She was patient with my indecision because I really didn't have a specific way I wanted anything done, just wanted everyone to have a fun night! Also, parking the night of really wasn't an issue! They provide the bar package and you use an outside local caterer from a list they provide (we used Enticing Cuisine). If you are looking for a local venue with an affordable price, the Meyer Ballroom is the way to go!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Tony E

We love working with the Paramount's Meyer Ballroom they have always delivered great service and has always accommodated our needs. They run a well organized reception hall to keep your evening on course so that the couple enjoys their wedding. Looking forward in working in many... Read More events to come! Thanks, Extreme Sounds Entertainment & Lighting extremesoundsent.com

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Aly T

I can not say enough great things about having my wedding at The Meyer Ballroom. From booking the venue to the day-of everything was absolutely perfect. The wedding coordinator was always on top of everything, answering all my questions and emails (and there were a lot!) and... Read More even giving me advice when I asked for it! The ballroom and atrium were gorgeous and everything I could have ever dreamt I wanted them to be for my big day. The transition from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception was seamless and perfect. I couldn't have asked for a more stress-free or more perfect experience in a wedding day! We went with Enticing Cuisine for our caterer and the food was delicious and the set-up/dinnerware was perfect. Jason allowed us to have a baked potato bar and it was a hit! The entrees and sides were fabulous and we got so many compliments on the food! Guests keep telling us how wonderful our wedding was and how it was the best they have been too - so thank you to The Meyer Ballroom and staff. My husband and I were able to customize our wedding day by having a popcorn bar during the cocktail hour, a dessert table (prepared by family friends instead of a caterer) and also having a sparkler send off!! The wedding favors were the BEST! All of our guests have enjoyed being able to go to a show at the Paramount. My husband and I loved that the open bar was included in the venue package and our guests also loved the service! I would recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding day! Everything was absolutely PERFECT!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Taryn H

My husband and I were married at the Paramount's Grand Gallery in August 2016. We had both our ceremony and reception here. I really cannot rave enough. From first to last, the staff and our coordinator (Mandy) were phenomenal -- professional, kind, and helpful. The space... Read More was absolutely unique and beautiful, and we received SO many compliments on the venue itself and how no one had ever been a wedding quite like it. It really is a stunning venue where the price is quite reasonable, and you get so much value on the money you spend. Absolutely no regrets. You will not go wrong here.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

My husband and I held our ceremony and reception in the meyer ballroom and it was absolutely amazing. The staff was great, the set up was beautiful. Our wedding coordinator kelsey swindle did a fantastic Job throughout our whole process and made everything less stressful for me.... Read More She was there anytime I needed her and had any questions about anything. She made the entire night run smoothly and I am so appreciative of that. I would totally recommend the paramount to anyone for an event.

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Marcie O

We had such an amazing experience having our wedding and reception at the Paramount Theater. We chose to have the ceremony in the Grand Ballroom and the reception on the theater stage. We couldn't be happier with both location decisions! The Grand Ballroom was such a lovely... Read More setting for our ceremony and the Paramount was gracious about allowing decorations and for us to make it our own. The stage was really the best spot for a really fun and lovely reception. It provided a unique atmosphere for us and our 130+ guests. There was plenty of dance floor space even with all of the tables and chairs and the open bar. The open bar was a big success with the guests (believe it or not) and totally worth doing. The venue, with open bar, and an outside caterer and bakery, all fell under our budget. We felt like we got away with something having paid such a reasonable amount for such a fun, beautiful, historic, unique venue. Guests kept asking how we found out about it. The lighting on the stage also happens to be really great for flattering photography. The view from the stage is also quite stunning. If this were in Chicago it would be booked for years and way more expensive! Our Event Coordinator Kelsey made sure everything went smoothly and was so helpful, resourceful, friendly, and even calming. They Paramount even had a pretty little bridal room for me and my bridesmaids. The bridal room was equipped with Champagne, a full length stand-alone mirror, headache medicine, snacks, two free tickets to a show at the Paramount and other very helpful amenities.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Marisa T

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Paramount Theatre in August, and it was absolutely amazing! Jennifer, their event coordinator, met with me multiple times throughout the planning process, to make sure we both were familiar with every single detail... Read More and update as plans progressed. She was always very helpful in answering my questions via email too, and I emailed her A LOT! :) The Paramount's staff took care of everything on the wedding day, so that my husband and I could enjoy every second of our celebration. It was honestly perfect! From the bartenders, to the tech crew, everyone went above and beyond to make for a great evening. We could not be happier with our decision to get married at the Paramount Theatre, and cannot speak highly enough of Jennifer and her staff!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015

I used the Meyer Ballroom for my daughter's wedding in April. Jennifer,the event coordinator, and her staff were extremely helpful and efficient. They made the evening reception non stressful and everything went so very smoothly. It was great. Recommend the venue and staff... Read More very highly.

Absolutely Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Teagan R

I used the Paramount Theatre for my September wedding and it was absolutely beautiful. The Event coordinator made sure everything was taken care of, scheduled meetings around my schedule, walked me through every detail ever time, answered all of my questions and dealt with my... Read More crazy wedding mood swings! The Ceremony and Reception were both held in their main lobby, which was very open and next to their newly remodeled bar, which was amazing. I recommend it 100%!

Amazing Venue & Staff

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Stefanie S

I suggested that my sister have her wedding at the Paramount Theatre in Aurora, IL since her and her husband are actors and met in a show. It is a beautiful art deco theatre with all the trimmings- tapestries, chandeliers, and a beautiful dressing room. The staff was wonderful-... Read More particularly Jenna, Emily and an amazing security guard who I can't remember her name :(. My sister didn't have a cake box to take her cake home- they found a box; the candy bar didn't have any more bags to save the remaining candy- they found bags. They kept the wedding moving on schedule. They were friendly and courteous. They stayed and helped clean-up and pack-up all items into the appropriate vehicles. They were a joy and a pleasure to work with the day of my sister's wedding. Thank you!!

1930s Art Deco Historical Theatre

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Laura S

My husband and I are actors and met doing a show. It was only fitting that we get married in a theatre. Our ceremony was held in the original lobby underneath a beautiful chandelier with a staircase as our aisle. We then had our reception onstage of the theatre. It was unique,... Read More vintage, and very much us. Jenna was our coordinator for the day and she was absolutely wonderful!

Stunning Reception Venue!

Reviewed on 2/22/2011 Britta H

We held our reception at the Paramount Grand Gallery, which is a beautiful new 2-story ballroom attached to the historic Paramount Theater in Aurora. The staff was very helpful, the price was reasonable for what we got, and everyone was very impressed - the Paramount makes a... Read More gorgeous setting for a stunning reception!

Meet The Events Director

Jennifer Hahn

Jennifer Hahn became part of the Paramount team in 2010. She graduated from Northern Illinois University, which is where she learned of her passion for event planning, while she organized a fundraising event to help her and classmates travel to Guatemala to help build a school. Jennifer really enjoys working with clients and helping them to see their vision evolve from conception to completion. She is thrilled to constantly assist clients the day of their event and watch guests enjoy and celebrate the special occasion!