Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf and Spa

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Park Hyatt Aviara Resort located in Carlsbad, California offers an elegant blend of modern décor and lush outdoor spaces. Offering on-site accommodations for out of town guests, this large resort serves as an all-inclusive wedding destination. There are a number of indoor and outdoor wedding venues scattered across the resort for wedding parties to choose from. Some are suitable for large gatherings while others provide a more intimate setting. Couples who want to have their ceremony and reception on-site get to decide whether they want to have both in one area, or if they want to move to a secondary area for their reception.

The Palm Courtyard. The Palm courtyard is an outdoor area ideal for large wedding parties with upwards of 100 guests. It overlooks the golf course and the green rolling hills of Aviara. This courtyard contains colorful rose gardens, unique statues and towering California palm trees.

The Grand Ballroom. The Grand Ballroom is an indoor location suitable for large and small wedding parties alike. In its entirety, the Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 800 guests in a banquet setting, but can be divided into separate units for smaller parties not wanting too much empty space. It is decorated in a majestic gold color scheme and includes exquisite padded-back chairs for a seated reception.

The Avalon. The Avalon is a luxuriously decorated room featuring upholstered walls and velvet drapery. Couples can choose to fill it with smaller round tables, or long banquet style tables. It can accommodate a total of 190 guests and leads directly to an outdoor terrace.

The Avalon Terrace. The Avalon terrace is a beautiful and expansive outdoor space. With a total area of 2,912 square feet, it is ideal for large wedding receptions. The Avalon Terrace can accommodate up to 210 guests in a banquet setting and 390 guests in a reception format. With a stone fireplace and gas lit lanterns, this space stays warm and inviting even on colder nights. The large mosaic fountain adds a decorative touch to this space.

The Golf Clubhouse. The Golf Clubhouse is a 15 minute walk, or 5 minute shuttle ride, from the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort's main building. Perfect for extra large wedding parties, this clubhouse has a 32,000 square foot floor plan. The country club ambiance and warm decor make this space feel cozy despite its vast size. A wraparound terrace makes it easy for guests to step outside and enjoy the warm California weather.

The Park Hyatt Aviara Resort is a massive complex with many private venues available. It also features an extensive kitchen, which makes it possible to cater weddings in-house. There are a number of culinary options available, including vegan and vegetarian options. Wedding parties are not allowed to hire any outside vendors for food or drinks. Even the wedding cake is provided by the venue, crafted to the couple's specifications by a highly acclaimed pastry chef. The wedding party must confirm their final number of guests three business days prior to the wedding, so that caterers can make preparations and seating arrangements can be finalized.

Because this venue is a resort designed to entertain guests on their vacations, there are a number of unique perks available.

• On-site professional wedding specialists
  • Spa packages available
  • Golf and tennis on site
  • Upgraded guestrooms for newlyweds
  • Customizable dance floors
  • High definition audio visual equipment
  • Ice sculptures available upon request
  • Valet parking services

Celebrate at a Venue of Uncompromising Style

To honor this memorable day of your life, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort is devoted to designing a wedding that perfectly reflects your heart and imagination. Our wedding specialists will ensure that sumptuous cuisine, exquisite décor, and elegant floral arrangements illuminate your celebration.

Ballroom, Garden, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

7100 Aviara Resort Drive, Carlsbad, CA (760) 603-6828

Outstanding Everything

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Sylvia R

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception at the Park Hyatt Aviara. We also had about 60 guests who stayed at the hotel for our wedding weekend. We had an outstanding experience! From the initial sales/negotiation stage all the way through the execution of the event,... Read More the Park Hyatt staff were a pleasure to work with and we felt like they really cared about making our wedding a successful event. The hotel grounds are gorgeous. The food was excellent; several guests even said our reception dinner was the best filet mignon they've ever had. The service was exceptional, from the valets, to the front desk, to the banquet staff, everyone was top-notch. We're very happy we chose the Park Hyatt Aviara.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Erika U

I never in a million years thought I could have my wedding at a 5-star resort, we just aren’t those people. After pain-free, friendly negotiations and compromises, Tami and Claire (event managers onsite) made my dream wedding possible. It was actually 10x better than my dream... Read More wedding. It’s still completely unbelievable. Although we did exceed our original budget, it was absolutely worth every dime. I chose the Palm Courtyard for my outdoor “nature like”, green, whimsical, ceremony and then the Avalon Room and Terrace for the reception. I was skeptical about the banquet type wedding reception but it didn’t feel like that, it felt so private and regal. The indoor/outdoor feel was perfect and really opened up the space. Guest count was around 115. Oh and for you brides, best scenery for photos! Outdoor for natural shots and inside there is an incredible staircase that I so wish I had remembered to include in our wedding photos dang it. As for the hotel itself: Pools were awesome, views breath taking and it even smells incredible with their jasmine infused air filters. I received a suite as part of my wedding package with nice personalized gifts from the hotel staff. The bellmen worked their butts off delivering decorations and luggage and moving items from location A-B. The spa (another perk for booking a wedding here) was top notch. Almost every one of my guests said the food was “the best wedding food they have ever had”. The service staff (especially Linda) really made me feel important and taken care of which I have never had that kind of service before. Guests were having such a good time, I think it was hard for people to leave so the hotel let them linger and lounge on the patio. I feel like I am leaving out important details but all I can say is check with the Hyatt and just see what they can do before settling on an “OK” cheaper venue. They were a valuable resource and extremely helpful during the planning process.

THE BEST HIDDEN GEM

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Allison A

The Park Hyatt Aviara Resort and Spa was THE PERFECT location for our wedding venue. From the start to the beginning of the process we were blown away by the level of expertise we received from all departments in the hotel. The resort is on a gorgeous property located in a... Read More secluded part of Carlsbad, CA. Amazing amazing outdoor Palm Courtyard for ceremony, perfect terrace outside for cocktail hour, and inside GORGEOUS ballroom for dinner and dancing. Beautiful large upgraded rooms, all of our guests were blown away by the property. WOW just wow what an amazing weekend my husband and I had celebrating our wedding! They even had complimentary messages for us and we used our Hyatt points to honeymoon in Aruba!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 2/17/2015 Christina P

I highly recommend this location, the service, food, and ambiance is amazing.

So many compliments!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Laura H

Since our wedding at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, our guests can't say enough good things about how beautiful our wedding was. The food was amazing and the chefs and site coordinator worked seemlessly with us to make sure our day was perfect... and it was! From the ceremony... Read More down on the golf course to the reception up at the main hotel, our wedding was amazing and full of wonderful memories. Thank you!

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Melissa H

My dream wedding came true thanks to the Park Hyatt Aviara. Kelly, the event coordinator, was a pleasure to work with for my wedding. Our special day was perfect thanks to Kelly and her team. I could not of asked for a better venue or people to work with to make my special day... Read More come true. Your guests will be amazed by the beauty of this venue it is truly amazing. The Park Hyatt Aviara will take your breath away from the minute you turn on the street. The landscaping is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are stunning and the property is incredible. The service was outstanding and they are truly a resort. I have never felt so important at a hotel. They will take care of all your needs and not for an outrageous fee. The staff actually remembers who you are and the reason for your stay. I could not of been happier with this resort and cannot wait to go back.

Ideal reception venue!

Reviewed on 5/17/2011 Jen M

After touring a handful of other area clubs and resorts in North County, we chose Aviara for its location, price and excellent service. Our contact, Kelly, was friendly and efficient, and made sure we had everything we wanted. The Aviara ballroom was perfect for dinner, dancing... Read More and cocktails, and our honeymoon suite was ideal for our two-day "minimoon" following the wedding.