Park Tavern: The Piedmont Room & Piedmont Garden Tent

Atlanta, GA

The Only Thing We Overlook is the Park

Our location blends a rich history with the modern skyline views. Two distinct venues provide our clients a unique setting for their event. The Piedmont Room, an indoor venue, features soaring windows overlooking both Piedmont Park and the midtown Atlanta skyline. The Piedmont Garden Tent offers a unique garden setting right in the center of the city. The Meadow, a private garden space rented exclusively with the Garden Tent, ideal for wedding ceremonies and cocktail receptions.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

500 10th St NE, Atlanta, GA

A Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Alexandra H

When Chris and I were looking for places to get married, everywhere we went was beautiful but out of our price range. We set up an appointment with Ryan Anthony at Park Tavern to tour the Piedmont Room and Garden Tent. We fell in love with the Garden Tent. It was beautiful and... Read More overlook a gorgeous little meadow and the city skyline. Ryan was very present throughout the process and responded back to the many emails I tortured her with. We had a wedding of about 185 people and they were able to accommodate everyone within the tent. It did get a little toasty with so many people, but it was also June. They had fans and an air conditioner within the tent. When I arrived after our ceremony at the church, I was amazed at how great of a job they did with the venue. It was absolutely beautiful. The draping, chandeliers, lanterns, and linens (which are all included with the venue) added an elegant touch to the decorations that I provided. We took most of our wedding party pictures in the garden (or meadow) before guests arrived for the cocktail hour. It offers a beautiful background for wedding parties whether you post up in front of the beautiful trees or the ivy covered wall. The space was perfect with food stations at each corner of the tent and bars at each of the tent. The service was fantastic. The staff and bartenders were all very nice and helped with everything that we needed. The food was great! Chris loved the Mashed Potini Station and we were able to eat a little as soon as we arrived. All in all, this venue is great! It's a great price, has most things that you would need to rent elsewhere included, it's a beautiful place to hold a wedding despite it being a Tavern and the staff is phenomenal. Ryan and Park Tavern truly made this the most unforgettable night of my life! THANK YOU!

We LOVED the Garden tent!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Emily H

My husband and I got married at the end of June in the meadow of Park Tavern and had our reception in the Garden Tent as well. The venue was perfect! Each staff member we worked with was wonderful. They were flexible, nice, and organized. We didn't have to worry about a thing... Read More on the day of the wedding, it all moved so smoothly. The food was delicious too. They were very accommodating with our band's requirements. If given the choice to pick a wedding venue again - I'd make the same decision. It was a beautiful wedding and the location was excellent.

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Lauren H

I was in LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT when I came to view the property. It truly is beautiful. However, my experience turned horrible when I came back for my second appointment. I had my family fly from out of town to come see the venue. I had set an appointment with BONNIE a week in... Read More advance for Tuesday at 11am. My family and I showed up at 11am and none of the staff even greeted us. We just stood around and they walked past. NO SMILES on any of the employees faces. My fiancé called Bonnie after 30 minutes and she said she would be down in 15minutes. She never showed. ON TOP OF THAT Bonnie had us waiting 56 minutes before we just decided to leave. My family didn't even get to see the venue. The worst part about that is I had the money to make a deposit on my date THAT DAY! If you decide to go with this venue, I suggest working with someone else. or just walking away all together. That really broke my dreams of having my wedding there and I don't wish that heartbreak on anyone else.

Think Twice

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Suzanne B

I recently held my wedding ceremony and reception at Park Tavern in the Piedmont Garden Tent. The setting was beautiful. I was happy with the overall transformation from a Tavern/Bar to an elegant reception tent. The Banquet servers were kind, courteous and attentive to all... Read More our guests needs. Hats off to Chef Ramiro for his professionalism and delicious menu selections. He was very accommodating and exhibits top notch customer service for his bridal clients. Others associated with Bridal events should take note of his level of customer service. I understand Park Tavern hosts thousands of weddings a year but each client deserves a level of respect, attention to detail and overall care surrounding their wedding. So I am going to write a truthful and honest review of my entire experience not just my wedding day. There are 3 areas of concern every bride needs to be aware of before committing to this venue. 1) Lack of information and involvement by the Director of Sales 2) The day chosen for your wedding and 3) Proximity to other events. From the beginning your main point of contact for the venue is the Director of Sales. We worked with Lauren. She was always prompt with her email responses and would work hard to make things right. However, acting as the sole representative for the venue this person will not be at your tasting, not be at your rehearsal and only be present through dinner service at your wedding. This means unless you plan on spending additional money on wedding planners you will be planning your own rehearsal and acting as your own event coordinator. I understand the contract states we need to have someone coordinate our rehearsal but a representative from the venue should be present at all wedding events to answer any questions and display the quality of service Park Tavern advertises. Not all brides can afford the extra expense associated with hiring a planner. The tasting was very informal and held by the Banquet Director who was not familiar with any of my wedding details. Lauren exhibited a lack of flexibility with her schedule when planning meeting times. Our rehearsal time as suggested by Lauren was scheduled at the same time 30,000 people would be attending an Aids Walk in Piedmont Park. Streets would be closed and parking at a minimum. None of the above was mentioned by Lauren when she suggested the time. I had to research this and work with my planners to request a new time so my rehearsal could take place. Now this is not the level of service I would expect from a leading venue in the wedding business. My biggest regret and saddest memory involves my wedding ceremony. We chose to get married on a Friday evening for budgetary reasons and I knew that Park Tavern's proximity to Grady H.S. was a concern. But our ceremony was no match against the football game and THREE H.S. marching bands celebrating Homecoming. Our parents and guests did not hear our vows. A string trio was drowned out by drums and horns. It was impossible to compete with that level of noise. I blame Park Tavern for their failure to communicate details like this so maybe we could have better prepared ourselves. The contract says they are not responsible for interruptions caused by the proximity to other venues. I argue this far exceeded an interruption. Park Tavern does have a responsibility to its clients and when they communicated nothing it was insensitive and borderline negligent.

2015-11-11T08:09:47 Response from the vendor

As the General Manager of the property, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I managed your event alongside Lauren and our assistant General Manager. We are extremely proud of our Chef and are so pleased to hear that you were happy... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

I am SO happy we picked The Piedmont Room as our wedding venue. Aside from the amazing location, the food was amazing, the ballroom was spacious, and the staff was incredibly courteous and helpful. Lauren Blaska was our point of contact and she was amazing throughout the entire... Read More planning process. She was very organized and helped us create a timeline which was extremely effective in making sure our wedding day went smoothly (which it totally did)! There were also so many small things that she did for us on our wedding that really helped make it even more special for us. We had a bottle of champagne waiting in the girls dressing room. Lauren made sure me and my husband had some appetizers sent to the bridal room during the cocktail hour while we were preparing for the reception. I also had a minor freak out when my sister, mother, and sister-in-law were struggling with bustling my dress, but then Lauren came to the rescue and handled it expertly. She made a plate for me and my husband during our reception which was incredibly thoughtful because we honestly didn't think we'd be able to sit down and actually enjoy our food since we were mingling with our guests. Thankfully, we did get to eat and the food was amazing! She also made us a to-go plate of leftovers which we enjoyed the next day. Seriously, Lauren went above and beyond for us on our wedding day. Aside from the fact that Park Tavern is such a great location to get married in anyway, working with Lauren made the experience even greater.

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Kristin Y

O....M.....G!!!!!!! Beautiful! My husband and I would like to express our thanks, even though words cannot express the amount of gratitude, to the staff at the Piedmont Room. Our wedding day was beyond spectacular. The staff made sure everything ran smoothly. Bonnie did her... Read More thang! Not thing, but thang! Thank you soooooo sooooo much for everything that you did for us. Making sure we were taken care of from the moment we walked in the door. We really appreciate you! A special thanks to Lauren for working with us and keeping us on schedule with events leading up to our big day. The guests loved the city views. The food.....amazing.

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Alyssa V

I worked with Lauren and everything was amazing and beautiful at the Piedmont Room except for the food. We ordered the Roasted Stuffed Chicken Breast, stuffed with spinach, wild rice and sun dried tomatoes. It also came with whipped Yukon potatoes and asparagus. Now I am not a... Read More big fan of wild rice so I asked that it be switched to yellow rice. The day of the wedding it seemed like due to me switching the rice they took it upon themselves to change the whole menu. The chicken had some sauce on top that made it very bland (which was originally not on the chicken in the beginning when we had our tasting) also the whipped potatoes were no longer whipped. We now had scalloped potatoes that had mushrooms on it (and anybody that knows me knows that I hate mushrooms so I would have never ordered it for my food). I understand that they may have wanted to change it to match the yellow rice however, I would have wished that they would have left it alone because on my wedding day, I didn't even eat the food. However, I did stuff my face with appetizers. Once again it is a beautiful venue, I would just advise to make sure that there aren't any unexpected changes that you didn't ask for.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

My daughter was married in the Piedmont Room. It was amazing! The staff was so good starting with our contact Lauren Blaska - down to the servers and bartenders! The food was delicious - It is very challenging to feed 170 people but they handled it seamlessly and everything... Read More was brought out in a timely fashion and the quality was amazing. If there was anything we needed they jumped right on it - Down to making sure the wedding party Bride and Groom had appetizers as they were waiting to make their grand entrance. The pictures were truly beyond beautiful with the skyline and the perfect sunset. As with any venue, things weren't without little hiccups but Lauren made sure to do whatever it took to fix any little issue that occurred. Be sure to check for events going on in Piedmont Park so you can plan accordingly - but it doesn't matter because the venue is the perfect setting for a wedding - atmosphere, food and great service are to me what the perfect party is about! Thanks to the Piedmont Room and the entire staff for making our event perfect!

Beautiful Day

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Emily T

I always wanted to get married on the park, after a lot of research Park Tavern Garden Tent and Meadow became the best option for us. The cost for the location is very reasonable, and the rental includes a lot which I really liked (table, linens, etc), less things to worry... Read More about! I won't lie, I was a little nervous that it wouldn't come together as perfectly as it did. Every time I visited there was stuff around and things that just didn't look great (like large exposed vents, or tables and equipment in meadow, etc). And because it's a normal restaurant/bar that is open regular hours and because they host large party events, I just didn't know if it would be as clean and put together as I knew I wanted. Also, the weekend before our wedding, they had a large event and the meadow grass was completely gone, so I was very worried. But I must say, I was BLOWN AWAY the day of. Everything was clean and immaculate, they table linens and chairs were beautiful, they covered up any "eye sore" (like large vents, etc), the willow tree is so beautiful to get married in front of, the staff was amazing and the food was wonderful! They even got new sod for our wedding day, so there was plenty of beautiful grass, like there was supposed to be, they definitely did the right thing and we really appreciated it. We loved being in the middle of everything going on in and around the park, there were people everywhere (well around us in the park, etc, not like in the venue with us), but we loved that. It was so fun! I worked with Ryan throughout the process and she was great, very knowledgeable. She definitely made me feel like she's "been there done that" and she was very confident it would all go very smoothly, and it did. All in all, it was a BEAUTIFUL day and wedding. Everyone raved about it, the food, how beautiful the venue was, etc. I wouldn't have changed anything at all. I cannot wait to get my pics!!

Piedmont Room

Reviewed on 3/10/2015 Jessica

The Piedmont Room is absolutely beautiful with the city view and the park. We loved our pictures on the park! The food was fantastic. The staff made sure the groom and I had food set for us upon our entrance, which was perfect. The biggest issue we had was they booked another... Read More event to end just an hour and half before our ceremony start time, even though the contract said we had the venue two hours before, and we had agreed upon an even earlier entry time.

PERFECT VENUE!

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Alexandra T

Ryan, and the Piedmont Room staff are amazing at what they do! From the first email I sent, I knew we were taken care of. Our wedding went off without a hitch, and was 100% better than I could ever expect. Everyone raved about the food, and the venue. The only complaint I... Read More received from our guests was that the bartenders did not have the best attitudes, but I did not notice this at all. I would highly recommend this venue to every bride out there! It was the best day of our lives. Thank you, Park Tavern. It was amazing!!! -Alex & Ian

Park Tavern

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 LeAnn B

I absolutely loved my experience planning and having my wedding at Park Tavern. I worked with the wedding coordinator Ryan. She was prompt in answering all my questions and did a lot of work the day of the wedding to make sure everything went off smoothly. I had my wedding in... Read More December so Park Tavern was decorated beautifully already and the finishing touches from my decor made it absolutely beautiful. Also, the big beautiful windows overlooking the park and Atlanta skyline were amazing, especially for an evening wedding. My cons: The bridal suite is pretty small and not the prettiest. It's not terrible but I had a lot of pre-pics taken in there before the wedding since that's where the bride hides out and the bridal suite messes up the background of the pics. I put a tab on the bar and guests had to go to the bar to get their drink. I didn't know that this included non-alcoholic drinks as well. So only water was at the table and must guests including myself weren't aware that they had to go to the bar to get anything else including tea.

Perfect for our day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Christine K

The Piedmont Room at Park Tavern in Midtown Atlanta was the frontrunner for our wedding venues from the very beginning! I could not find another venue that even competed against this one. Between the VIEW, the menu options, service, and value - it was just PERFECT for our... Read More wedding day! The staff was incredibly attentive and helpful throughout the whole process! We primarily worked with Lauren and she was amazing! No request from this bride was too crazy - PT was very accommodating! We LOVED the passed sushi & hors d'oeuvres options for our cocktail hour! And the show stopper was the mashed potato martini station! Mashed potatoes & sweet potatoes with all the best accompaniments! The bar was incredible - so many choices for our guests! The view was everything I was hoping for too - our pictures turned out beautifully with the Midtown skyline in the background - perfect for an Atlanta couple!

Beautiful wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Greg S

We feel in love with this venue as soon as we saw it. We looked at over 20 venues in the Atlanta area, but due to the people, location, and outdoor space this one was by far the best. We worked primarily with Lauren and she was always very quick to respond to all questions,... Read More incredibly nice, and helped make every request possible. We are so happy with our choice in venues. We didn't have one problem on our wedding day! Also compared to a lot of the venues in the area most things are included in the price which made the value go that much further. The views from the Piedmont Tent are amazing!

Seamless perfection!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014

We had our wedding & reception at Park Tavern (Piedmont Garden Tent) in late August. Lauren and her team worked with us to execute our vision exactly as we had imagined. We so valued their high level of professionalism and experience - they managed timeline and logistics... Read More smoothly, allowing us to sit back and enjoy the evening. We also received a ton of compliments on the food. I will recommend Park Tavern to any of my friends for a spectacular urban wedding!

Amazing Venue and Team!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Lauren W

We wanted a very simple ceremony and reception space for our wedding, we were expecting apprx 150 guests. After much search this was the perfect venue, the price was reasonable and worked with our budget, the food was delish and the location and city view is unmatched! To top it... Read More off Ryan, Lauren and the team are amazing and made everything so simple and carefree for us! They were beyond helpful, understand and helped to make our day beautiful and seamless! I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a beautiful, budget friendly space with amazing views and a great staff! Thank you guys for EVERYTHING!

Great Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Becky S

We had a great wedding at the Piedmont Room! My husband and I worked with Ryan and she was extremely helpful and quick answering any questions we had. On the day of our wedding, everyone at the venue was equally amazing. Every guest I talked to enjoyed the food and drink as... Read More well as the venue. Speaking of drinks, we were able to get local beers for our guest which was a great hit. Because the majority of our guest were out of town, the amazing view of midtown was a great way to share the city with our guest.

Perfect Venue-OUTSTANDING SERVICE

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 M C

The entire staff at Park tavern helped execute our wedding flawlessly. The ceremony and room setup were perfect, more than we had ever imagined. The team of coordinators handle all of your wedding details from start to finish, through the entire wedding planning process. I... Read More can’t say enough how all our expectations were exceeded. The food was nothing short of AMAZING!! All our guests were so excited not to have your traditional boring wedding menu and were floored with how great everything tasted. I would say it was like home cooking –but my mom can’t cook. So let’s just say I wish my mom could cook like that, lol. If we could do it all over again, we couldn’t even imagine doing it anywhere else.

Piedmont Garden Tent

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Tiffany W

The venue is lovely and the food was amazing. Major plus on the facility having a storage area if you need to bring in centerpieces/extra decor and them providing linen/flatware/napkins. I got married on a July Saturday, so I can testify that the AC really WORKS. So if... Read More you want an outdoor wedding, give it a go! The only downside was the fact the restaurant/restaurant patio was still open to the public and you had people filtering their way in the reception. Not only that, you might have to deal with people stopping watching your ceremony from the streets. The garden tent is in the meadow which visible to the public. Hope this helps!

Please think twice!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Taraneka S

When I tell you LOVE this venue, I absolutely love it. The Piedmont Room is gorgeous, break taking views of the Atlanta skyline my husband and I were just awe of this venue. Now let me get to the gritty stuff. I'm literally in awe of how sad the site coordinator was in her... Read More job with handling our wedding. Ryan Anthony at the PR&T is horrible, and I'm being modest in this review. She forgot MAJOR details (menu display, important meeting dates etc). My wedding coordinator had to intervene on my behalf cause she clearly forgot our final walkthrough and once she called out on it her excuse was " I have so many weddings some details I just get mixed up or forget", not the wisest thing to say as a site coordinator for WEDDINGS and major events. Our cars got booted during rehearsal and she was on the property and not once did she come to aid or help this situation! I could go on and on about Ryan Anthony but I don't want to completely deter you from choosing this venue, just request someone else. This is the best advice I can give. Ryan was a complete joke the entire planning process. Ron the site manager was delight and continually saved the day after Ms.Anthony struck out yet again.

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Luxi Z

The Piedmont Room is truly a gorgeous wedding venue. It was spacious, elegant, and the service was top notch! The events coordinator was easy to work with and made the big day stress free! We also chose to have Piedmont Room cater our wedding and the food was spectacular. The... Read More drinks were wonderful as well! We would recommend this venue to all future bride and grooms!

Mr. & Mrs. Felton, OH HAPPY DAY at The Piedmont Room!!!!

Reviewed on 2/24/2014 Chanda R

On 2. 14. 14 (Valentine's Day), I said "I DO" and married my best friend! I held my wedding reception at the Piedmont Room located at 500 10th Street, Atlanta, GA. The Piedmont Room exceeded my expectations! Lauren, the Director of Sales was a TRUE ANGEL! I know there were times... Read More when I bombarded her with tons of questions and she happily answered every single one with a great attitude! All of my emails and phone calls were answered in a timely manner and Lauren made sure the visions of my dream wedding were met! The food was TERRIFIC although a little costly it's worth every PENNY :-) A special thank you to Mr. Ron who was responsible for providing the succulent food! The staff at the Piedmont Room were very friendly and attentive to both my husband and I and my guests needs both in the planning stages and the night of the reception. The venue was elegantly embraced with tea lights that complimented the grand 12 foot windows which offered an exceptional view of Piedmont park and the Midtown skyline. All guests commented on how great EVERYTHING was! My husband and I were truly blessed to have found the Piedmont Room! I only have one word to say three times, Perfect perfect perfect! I can't tell you how many of our wedding guest told us they had so much FUN and that the reception was PERFECT! I'd have to agree! I highly recommend The Piedmont Room to any bride looking for a venue that offers modern sophistication with an old vintage style! I am so glad that we decided to go with The Piedmont Room whom provided an unforgettable night that was full of love and lasting memories! Thank you!

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2013 Laura S

If I could give more than five stars for the Piedmont Garden Tent, I absolutely would. Picking this venue for our wedding was the best decision we could have possibly made. Not only is this a stunning space with beautiful views of Atlanta, but the service is truly unmatched. I... Read More worked with Lauren, and she is a true professional who answered every single email, phone call, and question that I had throughout this process. Her and her staff were so wonderful on the big day, and I could not have imagined things turning out more perfectly. The food was delicious, the drinks were great, and the space was STUNNING. I would recommend this venue without reservation to any bride or groom.

Perfection

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Jessica H

Park Tavern absolutely exceeded my expectations on my wedding day. The service was wonderful! Also, leading up to the big event, the sales ladies were great at getting back to me quickly when I had questions, they worked with me on my menu, the tasting went well. Basically... Read More the whole thing worked like clockwork and I couldn't be happier.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Sherita G

The piedmont garden tent was the second best decision we made for our wedding besides my shoes. We did the outdoor garden ceremony and tent reception. Even though I had an August wedding, it was very comfortable temperature-wise under the tent. The food was to die for! I... Read More still have people complimenting me on the Crab legs and macaroni and cheese bar. Lauren is amazing! She made sure my husband and I had time to eat AND my table cards were missing so she quickly made some up without even bugging me about it ( trust me, you'll be thankful for this kind of proactive activity on your wedding day). The venue is gorgeous, the staff is amazing and very flexible to make the wedding of your dreams come true. Only reason I did not give it five stars is because of the price...but frankly for that location and level of service, the price was worth it. If you choose this venue you will not regret it.