657 Quarry St, Fall River, MA

Always a good experience with Party Dress Express!

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Alexia O

I went to PDE after going to the chain bridal store in my area. I wanted to spend under $1,000 and couldn't afford a well-known boutique in Fall River. I found the quality of dress better at PDE than the chain store, and compared to my mother's alterations experience at the... Read More boutique, my experience was wonderful. The sales staff at PDE was accommodating, allowing a private appointment before the store opened on a Sunday. Each person I worked with was very helpful and pleasant. A few days after I found a headpiece there that I loved, it was no longer on the shelf. The woman who helped me searched the fitting rooms, the alterations department, the front register, and finally came upon it on hold in the back. Since I didn't have the SKU, I never would have been able to order the same piece! She went above and beyond to assist me. I found the value very good since the price included the cost of alterations. My mother's alterations at the boutique an additional cost and were stressful. Once I began working with a seamstress at PDE, she is who I would always schedule to see; that way she knew what was supposed to be done and there was continuity. At the boutique, my mother had numerous people working on her dress and kept having to have the work fixed right up until the day before the wedding. And even then she was not completely satisfied with the final look. Overall, I found PDE's selection varied, the prices reasonable, and the staff friendly and accommodating. I would recommend them to anyone.

Amazing Service, Prices, and Selection!

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Jaimie P

I cannot say enough good things about Party Dress Express! I went here after several friends recommended it. Boy am I glad I did. I had been to two other dress shops and was extremely disappointed both with the selection and the service. At dress express, they seemed to have an... Read More endless sea of dresses! I had plenty of options within my price range. The service was really the selling point. I went about four times before picking "the dress." Each time I went in, I was greeted with a smile, they always remembered me and my mother, and they were genuinely happy to help me find my dress. They made great recommendations that I would not have thought of, and gave honest feedback when asked for their opinions. This is going to sounds cheesy, but they really make you feel like a family member that they are helping to find a dress for. Then came the fittings, and even more pleasant reports. The seamstress was an EXPERT, and so nice and fun. She even shed a tear at the final fitting and gushed about how I would make a beautiful bride. Start to finish, a five star experience!

Loved them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Alison B

I ended up going to Party Dress Express on a whim because they were having a trunk show for a designer I was interested in. I ended up finding the perfect dress that day, and my experience was truly wonderful. I felt the girls there really knew what they we're doing and I was... Read More treated so well. I was so happy with my dress shopping experience that I brought all my girls back there to get their bridesmaids dresses. I must have gone to that store upwards of 15 times and not once did I have a bad experience! Everyone there is so kind and willing to make the process of buying a wedding dress the best it can be. I would not recommend anywhere else!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Melanie P

Great selection of wedding dresses. But the best part was all alterations with their department are included in the price of the gown. This was a great experience with alterations as I was able to have 5 separate appointments and they were more than able to make all the changes... Read More I requested. If you are on a budget, I would highly recommend Party Dress Express due to the all inclusive pricing.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Courtney E

I was in and out with my wedding dress purchased in less than a half hour! I described the style that I was looking for and they were so helpful! I didn't feel overwhelmed at all! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Jessica B

I decided to try Party dress Express because I wanted to go to a dress shop and be able to look around myself and not have to set up an appointment. My mother is a nurse and has a hectic schedule so I did not want to have to plan to go to a dress shop months in advance. I also... Read More called a lot of shops looking for dresses that were not strapless and was not having much luck. I read some reviews on this place and decided to make the hour trek out here with my mom. I am so glad that I did! When we arrived we were able to pull dresses off the racks to try on. Our consultant also picked out a few based on styles I was interested in. Aside from not being a strapless gown I wasn't sure what I wanted. I tried on 10+ gowns and was able to take my time doing so. I found a beautiful allure lace dress that I fell in love with. The cost of the dress was very reasonable and it included alterations. I later found a lace trim veil and belt to compliment the dress. Once the dress came in I had a few appointments with the alterations department. They were very nice and accommodating. I wasn't sure what kind of bra I could wear with the dress as it had a key hole back, and they were able to sew in cups. I am also very petite and they were able to fix the straps and back very nicely. My experience dealing with everyone at this location over the past nine months has been amazing. I highly recommend this place to all brides to be.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Katelyn M

Made an appointment for 4pm. I drove a long way to get there. When I arrive the employee kept saying theres not much time- I started to look through gowns but then she proceeds to just drag me around the store..not even looking at dresses but going all over to different racks... Read More (total waste of time) finally I just say I am going to look at the gowns and pull out a couple I like . While I was trying on the gowns she made me feel terrible (much unlike other places i've been), acting like the gowns wont zip (when they for sure would), and telling me how my bra isn't the right size etc (I've lost a good amount of weight since I first bought the thing and I wasn't asking for opinion on that). She then rushed me out so they could leave shop right at 5pm. I guess if you're only looking for a cheap gown try here- there are rips , broken zippers, makeup on the gowns, missing belts, etc. and honestly, if 4pm (1 hr appointments) are not enough time that they dont even let you really look at the gowns, then they shouldn't offer that option!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Lindsey B

I had the best experience here. Katrina, my consultant, was amazing! I just had a baby 4 months before and was very apprehensive. Katrina was so helpful. She listened to what I wanted and pulled the most beautiful dresses. She helped us find the dress of my dreams and it was... Read More super reasonable. I highly recommend party dress express!!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Christina M

More for prom dresses or budget wedding dresses

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Kristen M

I am so happy this store was recommended to me by a friend! I ordered my dress here and am happily awaiting its arrival. This store is so flexible when it comes to trying on dresses (I had several appointments before I found the dress) and the salespeople, especially Denise,... Read More are the perfect balance- they are not pushy with you (which I experienced at other stores) but they do bring in their own suggestions of dresses you may like. The price I paid for my gown includes the alterations so I won't be expecting any big added costs (the only thing they did say was there is a $20 charge to have bra cups sewn in). Overall, so happy with my experience so far and I can't wait to go in for my first fitting.

Amazing dress

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Shiobhan R

I got my dress here and it was awesome. Getting past the fact that there's prom gowns everywhere- yoh walk into the bridal section and there are So. Many. Gowns. The girls that work there are all super friendly and informative. I worked with Kelly and she was my person... Read More throughout the whole process - including getting all my bridesmaids figured out. They have a designer clearance section- where if they have stopped making the dress the dress goes in that corner- it's 50% off! If you go online they also had a 20% off bridal month. I got a Maggie Sorento dress that was originally $2,400 for $500. To top it off- they had me inspect the whole dress to make sure it was in great condition before I put the deposit down. If you buy a dress in that section - for $200 you can buy an alterations package. So with that I got a bussle added, the dress was brought up to my height, and they took a flower off and added beading and it was all included in that original $250! Because I bought the dress there- they give you "bridal dollars" which can go towards other accessories. My bridesmaids also bought their dresses from there and I got more "bridal dollars". I ended up putting that towards a $150 veil and ended up paying $60 for it. This place has everything for any kind of wedding and I'm so happy I got past the name of it and just went in. So. Awesome.

Could not have been happier

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Jessica M

All the ladies went above and beyond helping me with anything and everything. Taizha was truly helpful from the dress to all the accessories. She was even available by e-mail when I needed. They had an amazing collection and had the best pricing around. The dress I went with was... Read More actually $700 cheaper and included bridal alterations than another local store. Will recommend it to anyone. I went to at least 10 different bridal stores and they win for everything but what really sold me was the customer service. Thank you again Taizha, Jacqui, and Kelly.

Party Dress Express Yes!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Bekah G

The name is not remotely indicative of this salon's level of class! Not only did they have an enormous selection to choose from, thy were hugely helpful, very patient, and had the cleanest and classiest dressing rooms (more like dressing suites) to change in. They have beautiful... Read More chandeliers, full length mirrors, and private viewing areas with seating for your friends and family. This place was truly the classiest of all the Boston salons I tried. I cannot say enough about their patience and politeness. They did t carry the dress I ultimately bought but they ordered it for me ($500 cheaper than the salon I found it in) and they do free alterations and even shipped it out of state once they altered it. On my fitting day they treated me like absolute royalty - offering us drinks and all helping out with the fitting. I don't have a single bad thing to say. I had been to every salon, big and small, in and around Boston and this one blew me away! They kept in constant contact with me about my dress and we're always prompt in responding when I emailed about any questions. Taizha went above and beyond. She and her team were on top of every detail!! They also gave my sister in law a great discount On her dress and shipped it directly to her house so she could have it altered by her seamstress.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Stephanie R

So many dress options! Also, all the employees are helpful and so polite.

Love Party Dress Express!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Lauren M

I went to Party Dress Express after hearing a commercial, and decided I would just check it out. I ended up finding my wedding gown and my bridesmaids gowns! The bridal team is super friendly and helpful. They made sure that I was happy with everything I picked out. The... Read More prices were reasonable, and with alterations included on bridal gowns, they really can't be beat! I would definitely recommend Party Dress Express to future brides for a happy, stress free dress shopping experience! :)

Great selection, perfect dress

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Jenn W

A friend of mine suggested I go to Party Dress Express for my wedding dress since she had been there in the past for pageant dresses and had great luck. I had looked at a few smaller boutique shops with no luck, and PDE had a huge selection. I liked that we didn't need to make... Read More an appointment and we were able to get a dressing room right away. The consultant I worked with was so nice and attentive. I found my dream dress (Maggie Sottero - Bronwyn) and was excited to find out that the cost of alterations is included in the dress price. My dress needed minor alterations and I was so happy with how it came out. I brought my mom here to find her MOB dress and had a slightly different experience. The attendant we had was less helpful but we did find her a beautiful dress. When it came in it had an extra visible seam on the ruching that just didn't look right. When we pointed it out during her alterations they said it was just how the dress was made and there was nothing they could do to hide it. She ended up sewing over it when made it look worse! My mom decided to bring it to a different seamstress who was able to fix it properly and the dress turned out beautiful. I would recommended Party Dress Express if you are OK with the casual atmosphere. For alterations, I would think about taking it elsewhere if you need major alterations. At the end of the day I had a perfect dress and a perfect wedding day.

few hiccups but they resolved them for me!

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Ashley K

Before going to PDE I went to david's bridal where my family and I couldn't touch the dresses and they didn't have the style ( lace sweatheart neckline) i was looking for. So when we went to PDE we were all so excited to attack the racks and find dresses that might look good on... Read More my body. I tried everything even if it wasn't the style I knew I wanted. I didn't have to make an appointment and I still had my own consultant to help me with anything I needed. They had so many dresses to choose from and they were all very pretty! It isn't as upscale as maybe alexander's boutique but they still have a ton to choose from. It is like an old factory or warehouse setup to it. There were 2 issues with my experience the first and scariest for a bride was when I ordered my dress because of the style they told me they needed my exact measurements in order to order it hallow to hem which means exact length so the lace detailing wouldn't be messed up during alterations. Well when the dress came in the dress was the measurements I was but because a brand new dress fits differently then a dress tried on by many the dress was up to my ankles. Very scary! The good thing was I was way ahead of schedule on my timeline so they ordered a new dress the length it comes and their seamstress did the alterations along with taking it in some below my hips to give it more of a curve appeal. She did great! And second a BM dress came in with a stain on it but she got that out too! And the third thing was my original tiffany blue color got discontinued after I ordered the BM dresses so i went to turquoise Once my issue with my dress they were always there to help and even gave me the managers email to contact if I needed anything. The only downfall would be that they are bad at answering the phones but fairly good at calling you back if you leave a message. And they don't pick up on the weekends even tho they are open.

Won't Shop Here For My Wedding!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Ruth A

If I could give this store zero stars, I would. The entire experience here was terrible! When picking out bridesmaids dresses, we were rushed into trying dresses on (one of the bridesmaids was shoved right into her dressing room!). When we finally decided on a dress & were... Read More having our measurements taken, the sales associate was telling some of us to either wear a spanx or to lose weight! How humiliating is that?!? When it came time for the bride to try on wedding dresses, we were told to "do our jobs as bridesmaids & get dresses for her to try on" & we were left to fend for ourselves. Great customer service right??? Alterations were terrible! All they had to do on my dress was the hem & taken in a bit around the bust. The second fitting, my dress was way too tight! I was given some lame excuse about how taking in the bust affects the waist (my mom was a seamstress for years & I know this isn't true). During the alterations, we kept noticing spots on our dresses. It looked like someone didn't wash their hands before working on them. Needless to say, I won't be going to this store for anything to do with my wedding!!

2014-06-30T15:52:12 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry you had a bad experience with my store. I am not sure why this happened as we always pride ourselves on customer service throughout both selling and alterations. I will look into this matter immediately and if I can do anything... Read Less Read More

Bridal bliss

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Christine M

I found my dress on my second try and it was 1/2 off! The staff is usually helpful and the seamstress Genn did a terrific job on my alterations. The only problem I had was at the reception my bustle was a little too long and I fell during our first dance! But it's something... Read More memorable to look back on.

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Marina M

I purchased my wedding gown here. The service was impeccable. I was very impressed with the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. The alterations were included in the purchase price of the dress. The seamstress was lovely and made the whole experience stress free.... Read More Highly recommend!

great selection, good prices!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Anna G

I visited the shop after a recommendation from a friend thinking we would look around. With the helpful staff, I tried on more than a dozen dresses in styles I like and ones I was unsure off that one of the assistants helped pick out. I fell in love with a couple dresses that... Read More day and fell in love with a dress I would never have chosen on my own! The alterations were included in the price and were done perfectly working with a tight timeline! Everyone there is very helpful and my dress looked beautiful!

I was amazed at the different styles and designers they carried.

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Melanie G

Had heard about this store from a friend so decided to check it out. I was amazed at the different styles and designers they carried. From DvF to Alice+Olivia to all kinds of great accessories. I bought a great dress. The staff is great, they dropped everything they were doing... Read More and basically helped me pick out a great outfit. Very down to earth atmosphere and they made me feel super comfortable. Definitely check it out!!

Best Bridal Gowns

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Teresa G

This is the place where I have seen the best Bridal Gowns and I got mine from here. I would recommend all brides to be to check this place out too.

She was more than happy with the dress we got from here.

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Rachel M

My sister was having her prom night in a week's time and she was not ready for it. Took her here for a dress and what a great collection they have. She was more than happy with the dress we got from here.

Got the most beautiful gown ever

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Aletha W

I got the most beautiful gown i have ever seen, from here and the price was well within my budget.

Start a Conversation!