Book Your Wedding with Payne Corley House

A BALLROOM IN DULUTH, GA

At the Payne Corley House in Duluth, Georgia, weddings are one of their favorite things. The quaint and historic farmhouse, coupled with the four-acre property, provides a captivating spot for your wedding celebration. The venue has both indoor and outdoor spots for your wedding ceremony and reception.

The Ballroom. Stepping inside the Payne Corley House is a pleasant journey back through time to a simpler era. This restored farmhouse has all of the charming amenities you would expect of a vintage structure, with all the modern day features you also want. The top capacity of the Ballroom is 250 for a cocktail reception without a ceremony or 200 if you add a ceremony. Capacity for a plated dinner is 170 and for a buffet it is 150. If you need more space, the facility will accommodate with supplemental tenting.

The Grounds. The grounds of the estate are expansive and beautiful, lending ideally to your open-air event. The front lawn is the largest space, but the courtyard is also fairly spacious to accommodate your celebration. Both of these areas can be tented.

Weddings at Payne Corley House have the full attention of the events staff, ensuring that your wedding is orchestrated with the most professional finesse. A dedicated event specialist will be assigned to your wedding to consult with you and attend to many details. This staff member will also coordinate the rehearsal and day-of details.

If you hold your ceremony and reception at the venue, you will have a three-hour rental time for the ceremony, which includes rehearsal, set-up time and ceremony time. Reception rentals are three hours for afternoons and four hours for evenings. Separate quarters are provide for the bridal party and the groom's men on the day of the event. You will have access to these spaces for relaxing and event preparation.

Ceremonies include set up of white garden chairs. Receptions include set up of all tables and gold Chiavari chairs. Tables will be covered with striped white satin underlays and white overlays with either white or black napkins. China, stemware and cutlery, as well as centerpieces, will be placed on each table.

The owner of Payne Corley House is also the executive chef. Michael Ganley specializes in preparing the finest cuisine in his scratch kitchen, always using the freshest local ingredients. The culinary team works carefully with you to help you choose your reception menu. Tasting events are also scheduled for booked events. The venue also provides all beverage service. A food and beverage minimum is in place based on the time and date of your event.

Celebrating your love at the Payne Corley House is an easy decision. The events coordinators welcome your event and they will work tirelessly to ensure that it is flawless.

• Extend your event time with additional hours
  • Add more in-depth event planning services to your package with more consultation meetings with a coordinator and full involvement in every single detail of the wedding planning process

Restored farmhouse and gardens,a timeless venue

Circa 1873, the Payne-Corley House features lush grounds for your garden ceremony and a beautiful ballroom with hardwood floors for your wedding celebration. A dedicated event specialist and amazing culinary team will work with you from the beginning to ensure a memorable and cherished event.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2987 Main St, Duluth, GA (770) 476-5366

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Laura R

My wedding at the Payne Corley House was everything I could have hoped for! The venue is beautiful and evoked the “southern charm” feeling I was going for perfectly. It accommodated our 130 guests without feeling crowded and guests took advantage of the indoor and outdoor... Read More space (we were lucky to have perfect weather that day!). Krista and Hope were wonderful to work with from start to finish and were always available to answer questions or make suggestions. They were very flexible with customizing the food and beverage packages to meet our needs, which we really appreciated. The food was outstanding – guests are still raving about it, especially the mac and cheese bar and the bacon wrapped scallops. My only regret was that the night seemed to go by too quickly. I wish I could do it all over again. Thanks everyone at Payne Corley for an amazing wedding day!

Beautiful Job

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Rebecca B

The Payne-Corley House did such a wonderful job! My husband and I were thrilled with every detail of our wedding. Our wedding coordinator, Jennifer was fantastic! She guided my family and I through every step of the planning process to ensure that we would be pleased with the... Read More result. The food was delicious, the service was wonderful, and the venue was beautiful. I can't say enough good things about this venue, and I highly recommend it to anyone getting married in the area.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015

This venue was absolutely beautiful but the customer service was unbelievable. Hope helped answer every question and walk us through and then Jen helped as the wedding coordinator to plan and execute both the rehearsal and the wedding day. They far exceeded any expectations I... Read More had and I've never been so surprised at the service that was above and beyond what I had hoped for. AND the food was out of this world!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Dawn A

Payne-Corley House was a wedding photographer's DREAM location! The natural lighting around the venue and the stunning reception room with the intricate wood mantel was to die for! The bride's room was so cute and expertly furnished and the Groom's house was a pleasant addition.... Read More The whole venue was picturesque and charming, perfect for a Spring Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Yalana A

I love, love, love Payne Corley House. They were very accommodating to my needs including the menu. Krista was very responsive and of course, was very friendly. The venue is beautiful inside and the landscaping was really nice. The place has so much character and we didn't... Read More need much to make the venue look beautiful. The staff was also very fast and helped our guests. The guests raved about the food especially the salmon. The chef is actually Krista's husband and he was so friendly. Their decorations were also very nice so we used those as well. I highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Allie J

Krista with Payne-Corley house was amazing. She worked with our busy schedules to meet with us, helped us pick a package to fit our budget, and all of the staff was friendly and professional during the reception. I could not believe how perfect it was! I would recommend... Read More Payne-Corley to everyone I know! Not only did they set up everything beautifully, but by time to leave she had packaged everything up for my parents to take home and given us a huge bag of food to take home as well. Everything was incredible.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Rebecca B

Amazing job of organizing our wedding! It was beautiful and so much fun! Everyone was so kind and always on top of everything. The food was amazing! The chef did great with all the food. Overall it made our wedding magical! Thank you!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Samantha D

Words can't even explain how happy we are that we chose Payne-Corley as our wedding venue, but we'll certainly try. From the moment we walked into the Payne-Corley house, we felt welcomed. Hope and Krista were incredibly accommodating, helped me make decisions, and were open to... Read More any and everything we suggested. We have a 2-year-old daughter and at every meeting, they pulled out crayons and paper for her so that she would be happy as we discussed wedding plans. And our wedding? It was incredible. They literally took care of everything, from organizing where our vendors needed to be during the day to decorating for us. All we had to do was give them our stuff and tell them where to put it and Hope made it happen. It was so stress-free and I feel like I truly got to enjoy my day as it was happening. They brought food to the bridal and groom suites as we were getting ready, they packed us to-go boxes at the end of the night, and they even fixed our plates while we were taking pictures. The food was incredible, too — all of our guests were SO pleased. The inside and the outside of Payne-Corley is gorgeous. I wanted soft and romantic and I definitely got it. We didn't do hardly any decorating during the reception or ceremony. Everything Payne-Corley had, from the linens and table numbers to the gorgeous centerpieces was perfect for what we wanted. It felt so homey and lovely, with lamps and candles everywhere, that I literally wanted to stay forever enjoying my guests. I can not say enough good things about Payne-Corley and our experience with them. They are so meticulous and dedicated to giving you such a wonderful day that you feel like you're being pampered. They also have an incredible list of vendors they work with and we chose several, which made everything even smoother. I wish I could relive our wedding day over and over again, in large part because of Payne-Corley. I can't wait to go back with our children and show them where Mommy and Daddy got married!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017

We had an amazing experience having our wedding at the Payne-Corley House. It was beautiful and elegant. Everything is included, so I did not feel nickel and dimed. Hope was our wedding coordinator and had every detail taken care of for us! Great experience!

2017-02-15T14:56:35 Response from the vendor

It is so wonderful to hear that your wedding celebration was so amazing for you! I loved being a part of your special day!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Kseniya S

When we first toured the house, we instantly fell in love! It was absolutely perfect. Hope was very knowledgeable about the history of Duluth, Payne Corley Family and other historic homes in Atlanta. When we started talking about the wedding details and my vision of a Mad Men... Read More style wedding with nerdy chic undertones, Hope helped my vision come to life. She was, hands down, the best wedding director and helped our special day go just right. The staff at Payne Corley helped us put on an event we will never forget. The bartenders were skilled, fast, and very knowledgeable. The chef prepared the absolute best meal. The apple salad was a hit and my family and friends are still talking about the carving station and the pecan crusted chicken. After the wedding, Hope and the chef, sent a basket of food home with us. It was a very thoughtful thing to do, especially after we spent the better part of the night dancing our feet off and were pretty hungry. :) The next day my maid of honor had a very easy time picking up a few odds and ends the wedding party left behind. Everything was perfect and I couldn't have wished for a better wedding. In fact, my husband and I are already planning to rent Payne Corley again for our 5th and 10th anniversary. Thanks, guys!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Ally B

Outstanding service, perfectly coordinated wedding, delicious food, and they took care of all of our needs. I cannot recommend this beautiful venue, and its staff, highly enough!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Aimee S

I am so glad I chose Payne-Corley as my wedding venue! The venue is beautiful-it's a 19th century house that has been converted into a wedding/special events location. It has a historic vibe that sets it apart from other Atlanta venues. Our wedding was inside (it was a January),... Read More but the outside is beautiful- as well-there's a pavilion where ceremonies can be held, and there's also a giant magnolia in the front. The interior doesn't need much additional decoration because it's already perfect the way it is. As a plus, there is a "groom's house" that is separate from the main house where the groomsmen and groomsmen can hang out before the ceremony, which my husband really liked! The service I got was fantastic from the start. The sales director, Hope, was SO nice and helpful. You can tell she genuinely cares about the couples who choose Payne-Corley as their venue. When we initially met, she gave us a very detailed quote, which made my decision-making process so much easier. (As a side note, Payne-Corley's prices are VERY reasonable). She was very helpful and responsive throughout the process. Day-of coordinating services are included with the venue. Krista, my day-of coordinator, was wonderful. We had two meetings (one about five months before the wedding and one two weeks before the wedding), which went very smoothly. Krista is very good at what she does and was able to answer all of my questions. She was also great to bounce idea off of. The day of the wedding went perfectly! I can't think of a single thing that didn't go according to plan. The food was delicious. Payne-Corley does food tastings for couples two times a year,, which was great because I could decide what I liked and what I didn't like before the wedding. I did the strolling reception (aka stations), which I liked because it gave my guests a lot of dining options. I would highly recommend Payne-Corley-exceptional service, amazing food, and value that can't be beat.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Michael D

I attended a corporate luncheon here last year and decided to give them a try at our wedding, so here it goes. The process went very smoothly with the staff, Hope and Krista. They laid out all our options and we attended a tasting to try out the food, which I already knew was... Read More very good, but it was nice to try different items. There are two location options for a wedding ceremony. We chose in front of the covered structure to the side of the building. You can also have it done under the big tree in front, but there is no walkway. The rehearsal went well, they went over the entire procedure and made sure we knew what to expect. We did not have the rehearsal dinner there though, but that is an option. We were able to bring some decorations and flowers that night also to get a jump on the next day as our ceremony was at 11:30am. For the ceremony, they set up small tables with water to drink if people arrive early and don't want to sit in the sun or in the ceremony area. The bridal suite upstairs is large and nicely appointed, as is the grooms house outside. They had a tray of cheese, fruit and snacks with water waiting in the suites. The ceremony went off without a hitch and everyone went inside to have some hors d'oeuvres and drinks from the bar. We had 62 guests at the reception and the room is plenty big. If you get close to 100 or more, make sure to consider the size. We chose the buffet for our lunch, which comes with 2 meat entrees and several other choices for salad, veg, etc. It was a good variety and everyone, and I mean everyone told us how delicious it was. We were very impressed as were all our guests. The food at most weddings is almost an afterthought, but not here. I think a much better choice than have food catered in which is usually old and getting cold. There are options for the bar also. So all in all, I would highly recommend the Payne-Corley house for you next event. I hope our next corporate luncheon is there

2017-02-15T14:51:33 Response from the vendor

Hi Michael, I can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to let other couples know about your wedding at the Payne-Corley House. From detailing the ceremony site to the menu and drinks, your recommendation to others for both a wedding and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Leen R

Hosted our wedding reception with Hope and Stephanie, both were a great help. We gave them a very short notice of 2 months before the wedding. They were able to book the venue for us and customize a special menu for all our guests. on the wedding day, I (the bride) was so busy... Read More with the pictures, but stephanie offered the biggest help organizing and greeting all my guests and arrange all the seating. Pictures came out great, food was great, and everyone left very happy in the end.

2017-02-15T14:54:59 Response from the vendor

It was so our pleasure! Especially customizing the menu for your guests. I love our wedding specialists! Stephanie is so wonderful and yes she takes care of everything the day of for our brides. So glad that your special day at The Payne-Corley House was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/21/2016

Just Married! Yes, I'm the bride and I was married to my boyfriend of may years on September 18, 2016. What a perfect event. Every guest has told me something remarkable about our wedding. Several people actually said that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been... Read More to. Many guests commented that everything was absolutely perfect. Well, as a woman over 45 years old, who has dined and celebrated at major venues from the Waldorf to The Four Seasons , I was completely surprised and overjoyed that our wedding event was so classic, romantic, warm and comfortable. We chose Payne-Corley because we wanted to have the wedding very close to our homes in Duluth. We wanted a romantic and intimate setting, excellent food and great service and we wanted to make sure that our guests had everything that needed and more. Krista and Michael provided all that easily and so smoothly. They are completely professional, trustworthy and reliable and also friendly and easy to work with. Michael can make anything you want, and he customized our menu to fit our tastes exactly. Again, all the food was very delicious and presented beautifully. And one more thing... it rained like crazy on our wedding day. I was a little sad and disappointed that we would not be able to have our ceremony out in the garden, where I thought it would be so perfect. Well, let me tell you that inside was magical! Wow! With all the candles lit all over the room, placed perfectly, and the gorgeous flowers... it was even more beautiful. Also, I think the acoustics were better inside, so everyone was able to hear the entire ceremony. 5 stars for sure!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Laura W

I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else! We got married at the Payne Corley House on 6/4/16 and it was better than anything we thought it could be. It was not jsut the reception that was great, the people that work there really make the wedding process a breeze. I have... Read More to give a huge special thanks to Hope and Krista for helping me every step of the way. They are always willing to help you and make changes to meet your wants and needs. For almost anything I asked for, the answer was "sure, we can do that!" During my reception I started feeling sick and I went upstairs and missed about 30min of our reception. Well, when it was time to start wrapping up the evening, the PCH asked us if we wanted to extend the night another 30min since I was not present for that amount of time earlier. That spoke measures of their commintment for us to have a great night! Another thing that I can't stop bragging about is the food! I'm not saying this just because I had my wedding there, but it was the best food I have ever had at ANY wedding I have attended! All of my guests continually comment on how great it was too. If you are still wondering if you should have your wedding/reeption at the Payne Corlye House, stop the search, decision made! Thank you all at PCH for allowing us to have a wedding we will never forget! -Laura

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Amanda P

Our wedding at The Payne-Corley House was perfect! As the bride, I have to give the biggest applause to Krista, our day-of wedding coordinator. She made our wedding day flawless and stress-free! I met with her twice before the wedding day, to discuss logistics, and she gave me a... Read More lot of great ideas! When it came down to our actual wedding day, Krista ran the show so that I did not have to worry about a thing. She even snuck a bag full of dinner/cake in our getaway car, that way we had something to eat when we arrived at our hotel! The decor at The Payne-Corley House was exactly the feel I wanted at our wedding. Classic, elegant, and full of southern charm. I brought a lot of my own decorations, which I dropped off a few days early, and Krista set them up day-of. Also, the staff as a whole were very friendly and professional, never letting a plate go empty or a glass run dry! They met the needs of all of our wedding guests. During the wedding, our guests kept on complimenting on the quality of food. We selected the strolling reception with turkey/sweet potato, spring/summer salad selections, and the Mac n cheese bar. The Mac n cheese bar was definitely a hit! They serve it in martini glasses and guests can add any topping they want! That's all anyone talked about when it came to the food. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day! Thank you Krista and the rest of the staff at The Payne-Corley House for making our wedding day the best day of our lives! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Stephen M

If you’re looking for a venue that has charm and elegance, the friendliest staff imaginable, the tastiest food around Atlanta, and an all around flawless event, then the Payne-Corley House is perfect for you! My husband and I instantly fell in love with the PCH on our first... Read More visit. We were drawn to the historic charm of the venue. The director of sales, Hope, was such a joy to work with! She made our budget work with the venue and quickly answered all of my emails. Hope was able to provide wonderful suggestions for top rated vendors and truly made our reception perfect. The PCH offered a food tasting, where we were able to try popular appetizers, entrees, and drinks. We loved this event because we were able to sit down with the chef and custom design our menu. One of our most popular compliments we get about the wedding was how delicious the food tasted! (We also love how the PCH has a restaurant called the Cottage on Main, so we can relive our wedding memories every time we eat there!) Krista, our wedding planner, and Hope took amazing care of us from the moment we walked into the door. My family was able to unwind, eat lunch, and take photos before our reception. We loved how many beautiful photo opportunities the PCH offered us both inside and outside of the building! The PCH is truly a photographer’s gem! Our reception was 100% stress-free and ran so, so smoothly! Krista made sure that my husband and I always had enough to eat and drink throughout the night. Krista was very professional and made our night one that we will never forget! To conclude, I highly recommend the PCH! Our easiest decision in the wedding planning process was choosing the PCH! We trusted Hope and Krista with our big day, and they went above and beyond our high expectations. We never once felt like a just another client to them, more like friends planning a wedding together!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Deshia K

The Payne-Corely House was nothing short of PERFECTION! I was a cluless bride as of where to begin planning and Hope and Jen were so helpful and organized every step of the way. The day of the wedding I didn't have a single worry. Even as it rained all up til minutes of our... Read More outdoor ceremony, Jen, my wedding coordinator, put me at ease and gave me options. They were going to move everything indoors but the clouds parted and the sun came out brighter than ever! I could not have dreamed of a more Glorious wedding as my husband and I became one! We had around 170 guest with an indoor strolling reception and a deluxe coffee bar. All my friends and family are still bragging on how beautiful the place was and the delicious food of course. Plus, they are flexible with your ideas and it's a family owned place, not a factor wedding facility. If you are the bride that wants an inexpensive wedding, planned well, with an outstanding staff that cares about you, then, PCH is the place to be:) If I could do it again, I'd have my wedding here a million times!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Kristina R

I found the Payne-Corley House online -it's funny because I've lived in Duluth for about 16 years and it didn't occur to me to look into this venue. Once I stepped foot into this historic home I knew I had found the right one. I got such a "at home" feeling and the sales rep... Read More Hope was very thorough with answering all my questions. My event coordinator was Jennifer and she is a true joy to work with. She was sincere and responsive to all my emails/texts and worked very well with my personal wedding planner as well. Everything you need is included in the rental; however, I appreciated the flexibility to transform the space into exactly what I wanted as I rented most of my decor/linens from outside vendors. The food/drinks were delicious, the staff was friendly/helpful-The Payne-Corley House allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams and I couldn't be happier with how the day turned out. The only suggestion I would make is to ask for a private tasting because I felt very overwhelmed at the group tasting; they pick the most popular dishes to serve at the tasting so nothing I chose for my menu was there to taste and no dessert either. Other than that, excellent and I would recommend this venue to others.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Marianna I

We had our wedding at the Payne Corley House in March of 2016 and it was absolutely beautiful. The venue far exceeded our expectations. They made sure that everything went off without a hitch and were very professional throughout. I almost feel like the pictures on their website... Read More don't do it justice. I'd seen about ten venues before I came to Payne Corley and it was like a breath of fresh air. The bridal room was awesome and the groomsmen had their own little cottage (most other venues don't really have an area for the groomsmen). The reception area was large enough to seat 120 guests comfortably and have a dance floor. Everybody had an amazing time and could not stop talking about the food. Thank you Krista for making our day truly magical.

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Kayla P

We have not heard a bad thing from our guests about our Sunday Brunch wedding at the Payne-Corley House! Most people have commented on the service. "It was top notch!" "We always had a clear table." "The staff always asked if we needed anything." The second most heard... Read More comment from our guests has been the food. They raved about the shrimp and grits station and said over and over again how delicious the hors d'oeuvres were. The third most heard comment was the bloody mary's! Because we had a brunch wedding we could not, not have bloody mary's. Everyone who had one said they may have been the best one they've ever had. I cannot say enough great things about Jen. She made sure I was calm, ate and checked on me throughout the reception to make sure everything was going okay. It went way more okay! It was everything I wanted and more. I would highly recommend this venue to friends and family for weddings, holiday parties, birthday parties, and definitely Sunday Brunches!! Thank you Payne-Corley for making our wedding day so special and filled with wonderful memories.

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Megan S

My husband and I were so lucky to have our wedding at the Payne-Corley House! We got married March 4th in the evening. We chose to have the ceremony inside although they do have beautiful outdoor options as well. Through wedding planning with Stephanie we were able to get... Read More exactly what we wanted and had envisioned for our day! Stephanie was always helpful, informative, and even helped coordinate other important details like our cake, flowers, and decorations. The most meaningful detail for us was the fact that on our wedding day we never had to worry about anything. She kept us on schedule, allowed us to stay on the dance floor and sweetheart table the entire reception, and managed to guide and assist our wedding guest the entire evening!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016 Jasmine H

I actually booked the Payne-Corley House without visiting it in person, because I was exhausted and frustrated with other venues. It turned out to be a great decision, and I have no regrets! I live out of state, and Hope and I emailed back and forth to get information. Stephanie... Read More was my coordinator, and she was fantastic! They were so open to us customizing our own wedding from decorations to party favors. I honestly think the reception area is beautiful on its own and didn't need anything additional. The food was really delicious too! I would absolutely recommend the Payne-Corley House for your wedding!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Liezl W

Choosing the Payne Corley House as my wedding reception venue was one of the best decisions I made as a bride. From the moment we walked in for our initial meeting and tour, we were in love with the place. Hope did a great job making us feel like the Payne Corley House would... Read More accommodate all of our needs. This venue was the most reasonably priced compared to the other venues we looked at in the Atlanta area, especially since we wanted a plated dinner and an open bar. Once we signed on with this venue, we worked with Krista who was always calm and willing to accommodate our needs. My family and I had some specific requests that we wanted for our reception and Krista delivered on all of them. When we got to our reception, we were blown away with how beautiful the venue looked. The service was exceptional and the plated dishes were beyond delicious. Krista had packaged up some food, cake, and drinks from our wedding for us to enjoy when we got to our hotel that night, which was such a nice touch. Since our wedding, we have had several guests message us about how delicious the food was and how great the venue was. I wish I could experience my wedding day all over again, and I would not change a thing. It was beyond perfect and I highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Michael and Krista Ganley

Michael and Krista Ganley bring over 20 years of hospitality experience to The Payne-Corley House. Working for 10 years with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company in culinary and event planning, they offer expertise with personalized service to all of their guests.